Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2021 3:06 PM

Dec 2020
how is most favorite female character not Armin Arlert
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Feb 1, 2021 5:38 PM

Sep 2020
yes Rem fans finally taking the lead... Kurisu was great but we got a better one

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Feb 1, 2021 7:29 PM

Oct 2017
She isn't that interesting though? I don't personally get the love.
Feb 1, 2021 7:36 PM
Apr 2018
Ram comes first because of alphabetical order
Feb 1, 2021 8:25 PM
Jan 2021
MinorBlade said:
kotomine33 said:

Exactly, she's nothing but good support and wholesomeness for Subaru, that's her character. She has no independence or ambitions of her own aside from helping Subaru. It makes her character repetitive and one-note.

Emilia isn't a great waifu but she's a great character.

Do keep in mind that rems goal being to help Subaru is due to her not having any goal previously due to her thinking of herself as a replacement to ram, its similar to how Subaru had no goal in his original world, and when he met Emilia she became his goal. She still has other aspects to her character such as her relationship with ram or her hatred of the witch cut and her inferiority complex. Even then since arc 2 finished in the side stories she started talking more with the other characters in the mansion such as Emilia and beako.

Also Emilia is a great waifu.

Emilia is dense as fuck I love her character she actually feels human now but talking to her would be the most annoying thing of all time with all the promise shit
Feb 1, 2021 8:27 PM

Nov 2019
kotomine33 said:
MinorBlade said:

Do keep in mind that rems goal being to help Subaru is due to her not having any goal previously due to her thinking of herself as a replacement to ram, its similar to how Subaru had no goal in his original world, and when he met Emilia she became his goal. She still has other aspects to her character such as her relationship with ram or her hatred of the witch cut and her inferiority complex. Even then since arc 2 finished in the side stories she started talking more with the other characters in the mansion such as Emilia and beako.

Also Emilia is a great waifu.

Emilia is dense as fuck I love her character she actually feels human now but talking to her would be the most annoying thing of all time with all the promise shit
i would just be gushing over how cute she is. Like she's a child.
Feb 2, 2021 7:00 AM
Aug 2018
swirlydragon said:
Amalik0029 said:

MAL top 6 character make more sense, Emilia should be bellow atleast 30 judging by the amount of screen time she had got and overall character development

No, Rem is garbage trash tier character. I hope she dies and burns in hell. All she can do is sweet talk and cry. Emilia is far better as a character and as a person. She is no horny psychopath who kills innocent people.
Emilia's top 3 make more sense than garbage Rem

cry emilia is garbage
Feb 2, 2021 7:02 AM
Aug 2018
the emilia fans crying in the comments lmaoo
Feb 2, 2021 8:55 AM

Oct 2020
Fix98 said:
Check arc 7 if you think Rem is only "Subaru-kun", "cry cry cry" etc...
She deserves it. You may not like her but she is where she deserves.

No, she's overrated, like Levi.
Feb 2, 2021 9:13 AM

Sep 2020
Mii-G said:
Fix98 said:
Check arc 7 if you think Rem is only "Subaru-kun", "cry cry cry" etc...
She deserves it. You may not like her but she is where she deserves.

If Side character gaining more popularity means overrated then ,Dude you are a harsh critic😬
Feb 2, 2021 10:12 AM

Oct 2020
Kurisu has already taken her place back btw.
Feb 2, 2021 3:46 PM

Oct 2020
Mii-G said:

If Side character gaining more popularity means overrated then ,Dude you are a harsh critic😬
Well, I never said that they are horrible characters after all, just that some fans value the mentioned characters much more than the series itself and that's where the problems start. Another example would be with Kurumi in DateALive, I understand that they want Kurumi, but from there on, put in each chapter if she is going to appear or not to the point of belittling other characters or the same series of "boring" if she does not appear . , man I think there is if we have problems.
Feb 2, 2021 3:46 PM

Oct 2020
Mii-G said:

Well, I never said that they are horrible characters after all, just that some fans value the mentioned characters much more than the series itself and that's where the problems start. Another example would be with Kurumi in DateALive, I understand that they want Kurumi, but from there on, put in each chapter if she is going to appear or not to the point of belittling other characters or the same series of "boring" if she does not appear . , man I think there is if we have problems.
Feb 2, 2021 7:45 PM

Sep 2020
Mii-G said:

I respect your opinion so no point of arguing about that 🙄
Feb 2, 2021 11:08 PM

Dec 2020
Weird but ok, there's so many better females characters out there other than rem but i guess popularity is a major thing when it comes to favorites number
Feb 3, 2021 2:06 AM

Jun 2020
TowerOfTrash said:
Weird but ok, there's so many better females characters out there other than rem but i guess popularity is a major thing when it comes to favorites number

Of course it is about popularity. Look at the male characters who are mostly just shounen main characters.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Feb 3, 2021 2:42 AM

Oct 2016
Rem have become what?
What kind of bullshit is this?
YES
Feb 3, 2021 5:04 AM
Dec 2019
Sad to hear the girl who had her character arruined by becoming a 1000% simp boring self-insert material recieved so many favorites
Feb 3, 2021 6:00 AM
Jan 2021
Rem is trash end of conversation. Emilia is the best ;)
Feb 3, 2021 6:47 AM

Jan 2017
Yann14 said:

cry emilia is garbage

She is not. Rem is garbage

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 3, 2021 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
swirlydragon said:
Rem is garbage trash tier character. I hope she dies and burns in hell. All she can do is sweet talk and cry. Emilia is far better as a character and as a person. She is no horny psychopath who kills innocent people.

Okay, the hater has probably punched his screen and is now gone, rejoice guys!
Feb 3, 2021 7:08 AM

Jan 2017
J-Tea-Chugger said:

Honestly I don't even hate Rem. I wanted Frieza from DBZ dead. Does that mean I hate Frieza? No!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 3, 2021 7:21 AM

Sep 2020
swirlydragon said:
J-Tea-Chugger said:

Honestly I don't even hate Rem. I wanted Frieza from DBZ dead. Does that mean I hate Frieza? No!

Dude you are so biased over 2D girl it hilarious be real and think twice before you speak
Feb 15, 2021 5:52 AM
Mar 2020
foxyahoo said:
I'm a hardcore Emilia fan, but I don't know why people get salty by Rem's popularity, popularity does not mean better either.

Because people feel the need to trash Emilia in favor of Rem especially after watching episode 18.
Feb 15, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2014
Compare to Kurisu as a character, Rem is like a potato.

Waifu baits are popular among weebs, I guess.
Feb 17, 2021 8:21 AM
Sep 2019
Kurisu is still ahead❣️
Feb 17, 2021 8:42 AM
Jan 2021
I just want Emilia to beat Goku so I can rub it in my friend's face.
Feb 17, 2021 9:32 AM

Jan 2018
I love Re:Zero but my favorite anime of all time is Steins;Gate. And Kurisu is a much better character than Rem. Rem isn't even the best character in Re:Zero.
Feb 18, 2021 6:11 AM
Feb 2021
It should be Reinhard honestly, but all of you have shit taste so there's nothing I can do about it.
Feb 25, 2021 10:18 PM

Sep 2020
It's crazy how fast rem favourite count is increasing even though in this season she is only busy sleeping , when I post this thread it was around 50,000 and now it's close to 60,000 in just a month
Feb 26, 2021 10:26 AM

Apr 2008
Amalik0029 said:
It's crazy how fast rem favourite count is increasing even though in this season she is only busy sleeping , when I post this thread it was around 50,000 and now it's close to 60,000 in just a month

I doubt it's from people watching S2. Many people are catching up with S1 just now, hence the increasing favourites.
Feb 28, 2021 10:56 AM
Oct 2020
what they did with REM was very cruel. being practically forgotten, the author did it on purpose because he did not like its popularity, he wants to disappear with the character. We will never forget it, if it is so popular, it is the author's fault. I hated the fact that she likes someone who doesn't even care about her, she deserves much more than that. development should have been done differently.
Feb 28, 2021 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
GeanWolf2000 said:
what they did with REM was very cruel. being practically forgotten, the author did it on purpose because he did not like its popularity, he wants to disappear with the character. We will never forget it, if it is so popular, it is the author's fault. I hated the fact that she likes someone who doesn't even care about her, she deserves much more than that. development should have been done differently.

You're quite wrong on that point. What Subaru is doing right now is aimed to save her, after all. Also, if you read the LN you'll see that Subaru does care about Rem. He cares A LOT.

I see you've only watched the first season, so keep in mind that it glossed over a huge amount of details regarding Subaru and Rem's relationship.

Emilia has slightly the priority because she was the first one he fell for, but Subaru loves them both pretty much equally. And he feels quite horrible about that, but those are his feelings right now.

We'll se what will happen in the future.

From what I've heard, in a more recent Q&A Tappei said that "he wasn't sure that Emilia would end with someone like Subaru". I don't know when did he say that, but if it's true it can mean literally anything.
RomoresFeb 28, 2021 11:55 AM
Feb 28, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2020
Kurisu is still top for now but Yuck. Rem isn't even the best female in re zero. I never understood the praise for her.

Feb 28, 2021 10:54 PM

Jan 2021
Makise Kurisu is way better.

"私はバレーボールが好きです。"
Mar 1, 2021 12:33 AM

Oct 2016
The most ridiculous things is, she is not even main characters. and have few screentime, her development was become worse to her. because she no longer has objective/dream to live as a girl, and just simping for subaru. thats just worse man.
Imagine get boosted because of single episode and memes.
Feelsbadman to others side characters.
YES
Mar 1, 2021 2:02 AM
Sep 2019
Amalik0029 said:
swirlydragon said:

No, Rem is garbage trash tier character. I hope she dies and burns in hell. All she can do is sweet talk and cry. Emilia is far better as a character and as a person. She is no horny psychopath who kills innocent people.

Chill man they are all just 2D characters 😂😂🤣

Don't waste your breath. This person (swirlydragon) is known as a meme here in MAL and will try to trash on Rem in every single message he sends.
The dedication to trashing on Rem is unreal. Makes me wonder if Rem just one day jumped out of his screen and killed both his parents for him to be this obnoxious.
Mar 1, 2021 2:06 AM
Sep 2019
foxyahoo said:
I'm a hardcore Emilia fan, but I don't know why people get salty by Rem's popularity, popularity does not mean better either.

I don't care about all the "waifu wars" bullshit, but just to correct you on one thing; the difference is that this is the number of favorites and not the number of "oh I heared about this character before".
Mar 1, 2021 2:09 AM

Sep 2020
aboood40091 said:
Amalik0029 said:

Chill man they are all just 2D characters 😂😂🤣

Don't waste your breath. This person (swirlydragon) is known as a meme here in MAL and will try to trash on Rem in every single message he sends.
The dedication to trashing on Rem is unreal. Makes me wonder if Rem just one day jumped out of his screen and killed both his parents for him to be this obnoxious.
XD that hilarious, he love Emilia way to much more than subaru
Mar 1, 2021 2:18 AM
Sep 2019
swirlydragon said:

swirlydragon said:

You made my day. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.
Mar 1, 2021 2:50 AM
Sep 2019
BromWalar said:
Doom_Reigns said:

Lol u think they care ? The only ones still going on with these wars are Emilia stans who jump outta nowhere to attack others after a few eps prioritized on her. smh

You think they do not? Of course they do... she is in come and he rival gets the spotlight. Of course they are and not, I see both Rem and Emilia fans going on about this stupid war.

I have been an observer of this dumpster fire for a long time and would just like to report what I saw. As much as I would like to claim that I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible, people will still call me biased after they see that I have Rem in my favorites.

What I have observed is that barely any fan of the so-called "Rem fans" were ones to initiate a fight and call the other side out. However, I have seen many of the so-called "Emilia fans" do it. swirlydragon is literally the perfect example, and the perfect example of swirlydragon is this:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1899863&show=0#msg62091643
(If you are an Emilia fan and know that you have not done any of the aforementioned, then you should not be offended by this as it does not concern you.)

It's then that the so-called Rem fans reply and get defensive in response to the bait is becomes obvious after thinking about it for a bit. And then each one starts calling the other "Remtards" and "Emiliatards".

I have been in the Re:Zero discord server for a while now without a role, but a few days ago, I decided to add a Rem character role to myself. The next day, and without me even initiating a topic on Rem and even though I was minding my own business the entire time, I got three people mentioning me just to tell me how "trash" Rem is. One of them even went out of their way to DM me about it (SmolEmilia#3361):

(Which I later reported and that got them kicked from the server. P.S I had to hide a spoiler from the screenshot.)

For starters, I don't see why there are some people who just have to go out of their way to prove the character they like is the best (this goes both ways). It is literally a waste of time and gives a bad picture of your "fandom". Calling other characters "trash" just because you think so is not minding your own business, but rather is being extremely defensive for no reason and is uncalled for.

And secondly, I can see why Emilia fans get very defensive about her (the ones that actually do). Since, statically speaking, Rem is more popular than Emilia, they get very offended about it. I personally believe the opposite would have happened if the tables were turned. But that doesn't justify calling other characters (Rem, in this case) "trash" and "should just go die". People like Rem, so what? You continue liking Emilia if you want. Why do you care that more people like Rem?

In conclusion, like whatever character you want. Just don't force it on others.
aboood40091Mar 1, 2021 3:01 AM
Mar 1, 2021 4:35 AM

Jul 2016
aboood40091 said:

I have been an observer of this dumpster fire for a long time and would just like to report what I saw. As much as I would like to claim that I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible, people will still call me biased after they see that I have Rem in my favorites.

What I have observed is that barely any fan of the so-called "Rem fans" were ones to initiate a fight and call the other side out. However, I have seen many of the so-called "Emilia fans" do it. swirlydragon is literally the perfect example, and the perfect example of swirlydragon is this:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1899863&show=0#msg62091643
(If you are an Emilia fan and know that you have not done any of the aforementioned, then you should not be offended by this as it does not concern you.)

It's then that the so-called Rem fans reply and get defensive in response to the bait is becomes obvious after thinking about it for a bit. And then each one starts calling the other "Remtards" and "Emiliatards".

For starters, I don't see why there are some people who just have to go out of their way to prove the character they like is the best (this goes both ways). It is literally a waste of time and gives a bad picture of your "fandom". Calling other characters "trash" just because you think so is not minding your own business, but rather is being extremely defensive for no reason and is uncalled for.

And secondly, I can see why Emilia fans get very defensive about her (the ones that actually do). Since, statically speaking, Rem is more popular than Emilia, they get very offended about it. I personally believe the opposite would have happened if the tables were turned. But that doesn't justify calling other characters (Rem, in this case) "trash" and "should just go die". People like Rem, so what? You continue liking Emilia if you want. Why do you care that more people like Rem?

In conclusion, like whatever character you want. Just don't force it on others.

I think your observation pretty much only applies to swirlydragon or other extreme fans.
These guys tend to give very poor, repetitive and exaggerated excuses to hate another character.
E.g. "Rem is a selfish hypocrite who CalLeD EmILiA A wItCH In HeR bAcK"
Even if it's true that she called Emilia by that name (detail mentioned in the novels, from before Rem actually started to know Emilia better), it doesn't make Rem an hypocrite or evil character like those goys try to say. Rem has quite the history with the Witch Cult so it only makes sense that she'd start with a very negative view Emilia, an half-elf.

There are much more reasonable and actually valid arguments to defend both Rem and Emilia.
In the end, it's mostly a preference.

The overly-defensive reactions from Emilia go somewhat as follow:

Almost every novel reader prefers Emilia over Rem, because she gets much more development than the blue-haired maid.
Since Rem's personnal development was done by the start of arc 3 (second half of season 1), the novel readers find her somewhat shallow and uninteresting.

Then some of the readers will spam that Emilia is best girl, not unlike every other waifu elitist.
Then some of the readers will misunderstand some aspects, and we get the extremist Rem haters.
But most readers will just start to prefer Emilia and defend their point when they feel like it.

Then there's every anime-only who takes a screenshot of a cute moment and call the character in focus their waifu.
There's no point in trying to argue with them, they never tried to have a proper argument to begin with.

Despite that I don't really understand all the love toward Rem and would have prefered if Emilia was liked more, I don't really go around trashing on other people's tastes, and that's true for most Emilia fans.
I do go and defend Emilia sometimes, in some of the more heated arguments or those that I feel aren't constructive or are 200% biased from extremist points of view, telling she has more development and explaining a bit of it so my whole point cannot be denied simply by "nO sHe DoEsn'T gEt DeVElOpment."
I actually am kind of sick of seeing "Rem best girl" everywhere myself but it's just generic waifu talk and I wouldn't get triggered for that.
QcDiabloMar 1, 2021 4:39 AM
Mar 1, 2021 5:01 AM

Jan 2018
How can Rem be the "best female of all time" when she's not even the best female in her own anime?
Mar 1, 2021 5:32 AM
Sep 2019
QcDiablo said:

I think your observation pretty much only applies to swirlydragon or other extreme fans.

The problem is that they are not simply a minority since I find them everywhere. I just encountered one on the discord server now:

I'm not asking anyone to stop defending the character they like if they get called out for illegitimate reasons.

My main points to summerize are:
1. It's almost always that group that starts a fight. It's not really waifu wars, it's simply that group from one side that almost always calls out the entirety of the other side.
2. I don't think it's worth replying to them or the people who reply to them since it's a waste of time.
Mar 1, 2021 8:58 AM

Feb 2013
Kurisu is on top again, looks like a bot war similar to FMA Brotherhood vs Attack on Titan.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Mar 1, 2021 10:11 AM
Aug 2018
aboood40091 said:
QcDiablo said:

The problem is that they are not simply a minority since I find them everywhere. I just encountered one on the discord server now:

I'm not asking anyone to stop defending the character they like if they get called out for illegitimate reasons.

1. It's almost always that group that starts a fight. It's not really waifu wars, it's simply that group from one side that almost always calls out the entirety of the other side.
2. I don't think it's worth replying to them or the people who reply to them since it's a waste of time.

I agree with you on some parts , lately i have been seeing increase in toxic Emilia fans but i am also seeing equal or even more toxic Rem fans on sites like Facebook , Instagram , MAL and sometimes of Reddit but reddit mods does a good job on deleting any toxic comments especially if its regarding waifu wars. As someone who has been part of Rezero community since 2016 and from what i have seen , There was huge amount of toxic Rem fans during 2016-late 2019 and since start of 2020 there is huge influx in amount of toxic Emilia fans probably due to her gaining more attention from her Frozen Bonds OVA , Season 2,etc. These OVAs and Season 2 helped increase her fanbase more but also caused increase in toxic peoples in her fanbase and it also seems most of the TOXIC Rem fans dropped Season 2 on ep 1 , I personally know many people who dropped series due to Rem not being there (I'm strictly talking about toxic Rem fan which were huge in number before season 2) this also caused decrease in toxicity in Rem's fanbase so like earlier during the 2016-2019 , it was like 75% Rem fans vs 25% Emilia fans and now its more like 55% Rem fans vs 45% Emilia fans (btw these percentages are out of toxic fanbase so what i mean is 75% and 25% of all toxic Rezero fans during 2016-2019 and similarly 55% vs 45% of all toxic rezero fans 2019 onwards). I still see many toxic fans , plus seems like most of them don't speak English . just go join any asian rezero or anime group on facebook and make post about Rem vs Emilia and you will see insane amount of toxic fans.
Pulkit200Mar 1, 2021 10:18 AM
Mar 1, 2021 12:35 PM
Sep 2019
Pulkit200 said:
aboood40091 said:

I agree with you on some parts , lately i have been seeing increase in toxic Emilia fans but i am also seeing equal or even more toxic Rem fans on sites like Facebook , Instagram , MAL and sometimes of Reddit but reddit mods does a good job on deleting any toxic comments especially if its regarding waifu wars. As someone who has been part of Rezero community since 2016 and from what i have seen , There was huge amount of toxic Rem fans during 2016-late 2019 and since start of 2020 there is huge influx in amount of toxic Emilia fans probably due to her gaining more attention from her Frozen Bonds OVA , Season 2,etc. These OVAs and Season 2 helped increase her fanbase more but also caused increase in toxic peoples in her fanbase and it also seems most of the TOXIC Rem fans dropped Season 2 on ep 1 , I personally know many people who dropped series due to Rem not being there (I'm strictly talking about toxic Rem fan which were huge in number before season 2) this also caused decrease in toxicity in Rem's fanbase so like earlier during the 2016-2019 , it was like 75% Rem fans vs 25% Emilia fans and now its more like 55% Rem fans vs 45% Emilia fans (btw these percentages are out of toxic fanbase so what i mean is 75% and 25% of all toxic Rezero fans during 2016-2019 and similarly 55% vs 45% of all toxic rezero fans 2019 onwards). I still see many toxic fans , plus seems like most of them don't speak English . just go join any asian rezero or anime group on facebook and make post about Rem vs Emilia and you will see insane amount of toxic fans.

Yeah, to be fair, I've been hearing about the fights since 2016, but only joined and observed the community exactly 2 years ago (early 2019).
I do not want to imagine a place more toxic that what I've already seen.
Mar 1, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2021
oh fuck, i'm getting ptsd flashbacks of the Rem vs Emilia waifu wars.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 2, 2021 7:39 PM
Jul 2016
ShinAsuka99 said:
Recently, I've seen an unnatural increase in the number of enthusiasts in Rem's character. When Episode 14 came out the increase was very fast from 43,000 to 50,000, how would people know and vote for Rem, if Rem was not there?

Bernkastle said:
Kurisu is on top again, looks like a bot war similar to FMA Brotherhood vs Attack on Titan.

aTrueKingofEldia said:

it's bots don't worry. there was a big gap between them not many weeks ago but suddenly she rose very fast for no reason. Now both Kurisu and Rem are botted to hell until one of them gets to be the winner. Same with L vs Luffy at the moment

This.
Rem gained Eighteen thousand fan favorites last few weeks despite being completely absent in the story.
Can someone explaine what triggered this situation? Was it some crazy youtuber?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 24, 2021

618 by coelhopreto »»
Jun 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Did you like part 1 or part 2 of season 2 better?

castle2001 - May 26

19 by QcDiablo »»
Jun 11, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2021

278 by D-A-W »»
May 20, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 10, 2021

534 by ymirstear »»
May 10, 4:29 PM

» am i the only one who thinks re:zero season 2 is just kinda okay? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shmoomp - Jan 27, 2021

411 by AboutFollower03 »»
Apr 18, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.