Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 4, 2021 10:32 PM
Oct 2019
what in the hell are these children? are they even people?

how are they just walking through the quarantine zone? how is hacker guy supposed to make it to kanto? these two things don't make sense

weird, giant, all powerful faces... sounds like the executioners may be corrupt?

and how did that hospitalized executioner find them like that? ridiculous

dumbass swindler "quit bullying the children" omg shut up. the executioner sidekick chick is equally awful

is swindler keyser soze? that plot twist would be worth it just for me to laugh
Apr 2, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, Hacker kid really left by only removing his own bomb collar but not that of the others.

Somewhat peaceful episode for whats to come next now that every Executioner is going after their heads.

Sep 24, 2021 1:02 PM

May 2018
of course the executioner guys shows up at the end haha. I wonder if he will ever actually die though
Sep 28, 2021 12:18 PM
Nov 2020
One thing this show did well too is the end. Its really rare for anime, movies, and other similar media to have decent closure
Oct 16, 2021 9:33 PM

Apr 2016
Too much chit-chat I didn't care about.
Oct 27, 2021 3:12 PM
Dec 2017
Anyone who got reminded of Integra Hellsing when the boss called all the executioners ? They are voiced by the same person and she even said similar lines like "Search and destroy"
Mar 12, 2022 8:43 AM
Jul 2021
I like this show very much
Mar 15, 2022 6:40 AM

Jan 2017
The kids don't need to eat? Placing my bets rn that their bodies are almost entirely mechanical (Kanto-produced judging from the Bunny + Shark exposition segments) besides their brains

Swindler is now officially an Akudama now, congrats. Let the all out war between them and the Executioners begin
Apr 28, 2022 3:13 PM

Feb 2021
I’d say executioner is the only interesting character in the show, but the doctor lady also poses logical questions that everyone in that group ahould be asking rather than mc girl literally acting out of emotions and caring for a bunch of random guys she known for a day or two, and mind you these guys are S tanked criminals so i find her either dumb or just made out to be nice just because she’s the mc, idk but i don’t like characters like her
bam
Sep 7, 2022 10:51 PM

Aug 2015
I hope Hacker is safe and we get to see him again. The kids are cute ^^. And after Doctor said Swindler's innocent act won't work on her, I'll just keep my eyes open just in case... But it's not like she knows she's not a Swindler. We shall see. And hope they survive going against all of the executioners that are now on the hunt for them :s
Nov 30, 2022 2:45 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Now I like the master executioner more than the pupil but anyway overrall it's still executioners >>> akuma by miles ahead.
The bento box thing lmaoooo
Main girl gets more and more annoying each episode that goes by.

N2O_ said:
rather than mc girl literally acting out of emotions and caring for a bunch of random guys she known for a day or two, and mind you these guys are S tanked criminals so i find her either dumb or just made out to be nice just because she’s the mc, idk but i don’t like characters like her

^ this
nostalgiaasDec 1, 2022 1:10 AM

Dec 9, 2022 4:37 PM

Nov 2022
The auto instant cooking metal plate is easily worth their incoming payment for the second job, especially after already being paid a sizeable amount for the first job. It's both surprising and idiotic they didn't ask about the scientist in order keep that device for each person permanently.
Jan 14, 2023 11:05 AM

May 2020
I don't think Hacker really going to Kanto. It just my feeling that he will be back, maybe. Chill episode slow pacing this time to rest our mind that fulfilled excitement to this show. That was pretty good gap when they have a good rest time with a box that can bring the food you want.

Also this time, again, Swindler took the show. She must have a trick to do that or she just innocent, i don't know. She just want to protect the kids and deliver them to the safe place. I wonder if anime like this genre will get a romance. But more importantly, this episode containt woman moment.
sharosharoJan 14, 2023 11:10 AM
May 28, 2023 8:33 PM

Dec 2022
The rabbit in the ad said that Kyushu Plant can make anything, "and I mean anything." This plus the fact that the kids were transported as goods and not in one of the passenger carts and that they don't "feel" hunger and can't decide if the food tastes good makes me think they're probably artificial.
Aug 16, 2023 12:52 PM

Dec 2022
Swindler acts like a big sister towards the kids, even looks similar to them. It does feel odd to see how vulnerable they are now, when you consider one of them was previously a much more enigmatic and confident telepathic cat. I suppose being in his real body makes the kid with the cap (the brother?) less out of reach than he previously was.

I didn't notice earlier, but Courier has a mechanical hand.

All of them are now execution targets, including Hoodlum and Swindler. Don't think either of them will be happy with that, they're out of their depth.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 24, 2023 10:38 AM

Jan 2008
Swindler's one of those anime characters that does not remotely behave like an actual human being. Her becoming friendly with a bunch of psychopaths who racked up a bunch of collateral damage in front of her face, just makes her too ludicrous for me to take seriously. The show would have been more compelling to me if she'd loathed the gang around her and tried cleverly to get out of her predicament for 12 episodes. Rather than what we're actually enduring which is the cliched optimistic anime protagonist. The only way the show can redeem itself is if its revealed that she in fact is a sociopath herself which is why she's compelled to becoming invested with the akudama.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2020

171 by Salty_Beans »»
Sep 4, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

166 by Salty_Beans »»
Sep 3, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

356 by SenpaiTM »»
Aug 16, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

120 by budliteyagami »»
May 13, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

172 by vhowl »»
Apr 21, 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.