Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2020 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
Can't wait to come back to this after Season 2 to see the Rem fans faces when EMILIA will prove the wrong.

EMILIA 4 LIFE! EMT
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Feb 19, 2020 12:48 PM

Aug 2018
reactionary said:
Since this thread has now become about who we like the most.... am I the only person that likes Felt most? (Feruto)

I get the appeal of Rem and even Emilia to an extent, except in Rem's case I don't think anyone could ever fall in love with someone who brutally murdered them several times... at least not me... thinking about it rationally.

Edit: I look at member favorites and Rem has 34,000+ and Emilia has 14,226 but Felt has only 143. If they are going based on fan numbers I guess Rem is the clear choice. And wow I really am on an island...

Why choose Felt when Beatrice exists?!
Feb 19, 2020 12:51 PM
Apr 2019
Rem. Emilia is good but Rem is better.
Feb 20, 2020 10:02 AM

Nov 2019
Rem had some great character moments in Arc 3, which made her a likable character in the anime. As a reader of many foreign novels and films, I can only conclude that the author wanted to increase her popularity after that horrible treatment she gave to Subaru - this is clever writing.
Emilia, on the other hand, is treated passively in the first few arcs of the novel, but her character development makes me more interested in her, than Rem. There is no fault in loving someone who is selfless yet not a Mary Sue, over a character who is just extremely loyal (first to the Roswaal mansion, and then to Subaru).

Laplace_kunFeb 20, 2020 10:06 AM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Feb 25, 2020 5:58 AM
Jan 2020
Ether_Real said:
DreamyKnightmare said:
I seriously find Rem way too overrated, I mean yeah, She's a great Character but too praised. Every other characters just get shadowed by fans. Wilhelm is such a great character, Emilia gets hate for a stupid reason of Subaru rejection Rem and choosing her, she barely get any screentime in first Season, and people keeps barking about her not doing anything.

That's it!! and the problem here lies in Subaru, and the audience.

When Subaru getting mauled by Rem during his stay in the mansion was not a problem, since the beginning Subaru was not made a likable character, death is his progression of the story anyways, plus Rem's cute, had a backstory when she was a kid, she's even cuter, she redeemed herself by finally trust Subaru. But don't forget Subaru try so hard to gain her trust to the point of affection, that's because there's no other way to avoid getting killed as Rem is acting on her own judgement.

Now, in the capital only Subaru remember the events where Rem repeatedly sacrifice herself for him to get back to the mansion to reunite with Emilia, naturally he reject Rem after getting motivated is all Emilia's fault, because clearly Emilia haven't done enough to give Subaru reason to fall so deep for her, and Subaru should totally jump onto another girl who confess in front of him. Really in all honesty, if he did that I'll lost all respect to everything done in this series, he would be just a dimwit who abandon his feeling after one fight with Emilia.

I'm not familiar with the IF story of Rem and Subaru, but here if Emilia died, Puck did mention he will destroy the world so Subaru will regret that decision too, and if he gets to that point, as human as he is, it's hard for him to get back on his knee again, might as well become Beetlejuice Mk.II

As for the viewer, obviously got manipulated, as intended which I don't blame them. But the moment they put on their waifu goggles, they erased all memories of Emilia's support to Subaru at the mansion to episode 1 (lol), and Subaru was quite dramatic around Emilia too.. what makes it better is White whale was involved in this arc, but don't blame the whale either
Well said buddy, those were really some nice words for the fandom
Feb 25, 2020 1:39 PM
Aug 2016
mancing keributan ini mah koplak
Mar 5, 2020 9:00 PM
Mar 2020
Rem is best girl no other arguments are acceptable.
Mar 7, 2020 6:35 PM
Aug 2012
Hands down Emilia. Mainly because Rem was horrible and killed Subaru a good 3 times.
Mar 18, 2020 10:23 PM

Dec 2018
GodofWar2015 said:
Hands down Emilia. Mainly because Rem was horrible and killed Subaru a good 3 times.

Actually to those said Rem killed Subaru "three" times should realize: Subaru first death in the mansion was due to weakening, followed by Rem finish him off after another curse took effect, then finally Rem killed him healthily.

So only once she killed him, twice if you insist the second loop was because when the curse activate Subaru is already a goner anyway, I would say she end his suffering there.
Mar 19, 2020 1:30 AM
Feb 2017
both of them harem lol
Mar 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
Why don't we allow fate to decide for us?

:)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2020 2:36 PM

Jan 2019
Mickdrew said:
Why don't we allow fate to decide for us?

:)

OOOOHHH you crazy man....you NAILED it :D
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Mar 21, 2020 8:40 AM
Nov 2014
Emilia. Pining after the main character doesn't make her any different than other girls in romance genre who pine after the MC protag. C'mon y'all
Mar 22, 2020 5:43 AM

Aug 2017
Rem is love Rem is life

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 22, 2020 8:52 AM
Mar 2020
Alright look to each his/her own.meaning if you want rem or emilia sucking your dick its your choice.
Mar 22, 2020 9:01 AM

Aug 2016
*sigh* controversial topics... controversial topics... hmmm if I had to choose I would choose everyone yet no one, because I like to be neutral :P
Whoever likes slice of life anime doesn't have any IRL friends.
Mar 22, 2020 3:11 PM
Feb 2020
Emilia, no doubt about it. Bit biased because of reading the novel thought.
Mar 24, 2020 12:53 AM

Aug 2016
I think this Forum should be redone as a Poll to make the chat like 10x more toxic.
Whoever likes slice of life anime doesn't have any IRL friends.
Mar 24, 2020 5:19 AM

Apr 2018
I'm a light novel reader.
Mar 25, 2020 5:22 PM
Feb 2019
People are saying emilia got an ova and all, that's because she is the main character and Rem is the side character who people love alot just like Chika in Kaguya sama. Stop being a piece of trash. We all know Emilia will be the winner but she is no way as good as Rem.
Mar 25, 2020 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
Julian_DSa said:
People are saying emilia got an ova and all, that's because she is the main character and Rem is the side character who people love alot just like Chika in Kaguya sama. Stop being a piece of trash. We all know Emilia will be the winner but she is no way as good as Rem.

Just wait for S2 and you'll see :P
Mar 27, 2020 9:51 AM

Jan 2019
Julian_DSa said:

Just wait for S2 and you'll see x2
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Mar 27, 2020 9:52 AM

Sep 2019
Rem has no chance of winning. She wasn't subaru's choice afterall. Unless... he wanna go for a harem that is.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Mar 27, 2020 12:14 PM
Feb 2020
Emilia by far, having read a bit LN after the anime S1 ended, there's more to Emilia's character
Apr 4, 2020 10:52 PM

Nov 2019
I choose none. For they both feel like plot points rather than characters more often than none. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.
Note: I will judge only by 1st season (Arc 1-3) basis+movie
Rem is basically a hardcore, loyal maid. Subaru had to go through a considerable amount of suffering and caution to earn her trust. He had to give his all to get her loyality. Re Zero Ep18 was all about Rem showing her immense loyality and grateness to Subaru, and discovering her love through that emotion. Then she basically trades the worth of her life for Subaru's, as she decided her redemption lies in ensuring safety of her beloved.
Emilia is someone who is apparently kind-hearted, polite and easy-going, contrasting with Rem's detached, introvert state. She is more emotional than Rem, but isn't affected by those emotions as much as her. There is always a tendency of her to help other people, but that doesn't come up because she is obliged to help them. Often she saves and forgives people who hates and harms her. She only is wrathful towards those who harm others (By 'others', it implies anybody else, not just people she knows). Remember her risking her life to help the villagers that hate her? Rem would never do that unless she is ordered or she interprets anything as a threat to the mansion. This is not her fault though, she was brought up that way to serve as the perfect maid.
Emilia's compassion comes from the fact that she herself has never received that from anybody except a certain spirit. Subaru 's simp-like dedication to her does not get interpreted as love by her, and its only natural. Tremendous isolation and alienation has led her to lose in believing that anyone will actually 'love' her. So, at the end of season 1, she could just thank Subaru for saving her from that loneliness.
Emilia is not your typical 'best girl'. She is flawed. She is naive enough to have low self-esteem due to mistreatment by others; while being wise enough to come up with suitable strategies and not take out emotions on others. Rem got more character development in S1, but all of that happens by assisting Subaru to death. Which is rather a cliched way to earn sympathy for a character. She has been given the coolest dialogues 'Let's start from zero ', coolest fighting scenes and an incredibly emotional voice performance supporting her character. She wins overall as a character in season 1, but fails as someone you would look up as a source of adoration and inspiration. Those who looks upon her as an ultimate waifu, prepare to be head-smashed because of misunderstanding if you meet a real life Rem.

If I go beyond Season 1, it is obvious from many comments above who wins both as a 'waifu' and as a character. The author did a great job of developing Rem's character and putting her on high ground, so that he can concentrate in dealing with the main characters for the rest of the story.

Laplace_kunApr 4, 2020 10:56 PM
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Apr 17, 2020 4:22 AM
Mar 2020
I think Rem is very cute and i love her.
So she is the best female character in Re:zero.
Apr 17, 2020 4:37 AM

Jan 2019
ahmedameer5700 said:
I think Rem is very cute and i love her.
So she is the best female character in Re:zero.

Best female character in Re:Zero (not knowing that the first season is 10-15% of the entire series and the best characters have not even shown up...ok)
However....who were we talking about again?
Apr 17, 2020 8:23 AM

Jul 2016

Honestly that's a truly great analysis of Re:Zero's two main female characters in the first season.
Apr 17, 2020 9:12 AM
Mar 2020
Betty is best girl, in fact!

1) She is a cute legal loli - what else do you need to be the best girl?

2) She helps Subaru with the curse in season 1 and protects him (she didn't have to suggest a contract in the first place but did it anyway)

3) She is wise and can always offer Subaru her opinion which she often does, she brings more value to Subaru than Emilia-tan or Rem

I love Emilia, but Beako is the best. That's all, I suppose.
Apr 25, 2020 12:27 AM
Apr 2020
Ram > Beatrice> Emilia > Rem, just my opinion. Let Subaru decide who he wants to be with
Apr 25, 2020 9:19 AM
Apr 2020
REM is the best girl by a huge margin, idk how the fuck people can even like Emilia !!
Apr 25, 2020 9:22 AM

Jul 2019
Emilia is better looking in terms of beauty but I like Rem more. Rem is a whole waifu
Apr 28, 2020 3:21 PM
Oct 2018
Don't know what's wrong with my life but I know more people that prefers Ram than people who likes any other character. I still think Rem is an angel, though
Akkarin! Hai!
May 4, 2020 5:49 PM

Oct 2019
I srsly like both of them, I know someone could hate me but I prefer Emilia over Rem... Yeah writing this make me feel sorry for Rem, but Emilia is the MC with Subaru and she's also so cute. I mean Rem is so cute too but idk why Emilia is always in my heart.... so Emilia>Rem but just for this stupid and meaningless reason. byeeee!!! <3<3<3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 6, 2020 9:04 AM
Sep 2017
They're both great in different ways. I really like Emilia's kind nature and how she always tries to help others around her, while also being a responsible person which stands up for herself. As for Rem, I really liked the character growth she went through in realizing that she has her own strengths, that she isn't inferior to Ram, and she deserves to be happy being herself and not existing as another half to someone else.

So neither of them are better than the other. Because obviously Beatrice is the best girl of them all.
May 8, 2020 4:01 AM

Aug 2019
This isn't it obvious ? Emilia is the best girl here.
May 8, 2020 2:48 PM

Mar 2014
Amber-ORGnztn said:
REM is the best girl by a huge margin, idk how the fuck people can even like Emilia !!

because...Season 2 ;)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 11, 2020 4:53 PM
May 2020
Emilia
If you’ve only seen the anime you’ll see rem, I used to be team rem. But in the light novel Emilia gets much more development, and over time I slowly shifted to her. You have to remember Emilia is Subaru’s love at first site and has already claimed her as number 1. The story just wouldn’t be as good if he ended up with rem, rather than Emilia. People try to bash Emilia to make rem see good, but Emilia is also a great kind hearted character. And so is Rem. But once season two comes out y’all will see what I mean when I say, Emilia truly is best girl.
May 11, 2020 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Felix>everyone

But if i really had to choose between the two... I've only seen the anime so Rem. (also short hair>long hair)
May 11, 2020 6:04 PM
Dec 2018
Emilia she's best girl
Rem killed subaru, and I just don't find her that attractive, I don't really like her personality she's simping for subaru for half the anime
May 12, 2020 10:14 AM
May 2020
We still have 5 more arcs left but as of right now if you’ve read up to arc 6, you’ll know it is emilia
May 14, 2020 6:48 PM

Nov 2014
Rem fans will awaken during Season 2.

Emilia fan all the way for me now, used to be an anime only Rem fan before reading ahead in the WN.
May 14, 2020 6:49 PM

Nov 2014
guych said:
Emilia is better looking in terms of beauty but I like Rem more. Rem is a whole waifu
Guarantee that season 2 content will change your mind.
May 14, 2020 8:25 PM

Jul 2019
LelouchXLuluko said:
guych said:
Guarantee that season 2 content will change your mind.

based on your comments and some comments above, I assume she gets worse or does something bad that'll make a lot of people dislike her
May 17, 2020 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
MAL says Rem is a supporting, not a main character.
Let's not forget that Rem murdered Subaru in season 1 for no reason. Emilia, in the meantime without even knowing who Subaru is has only shown him love and concern like as if it's the normal thing to do. That's the best girl right then and there.
May 17, 2020 8:58 AM

Aug 2018
Every healthy male wishes for his own private Rem but everyone needs to realize what she represents in the story and for Subaru's development as a character. She's gives him unconditional love easy mode with no effort required and we all know Subaru needs to change and grow up.

May 20, 2020 12:17 AM

Mar 2013
I love happy endings, let's make it a harem.
Or add a twist fusing them together.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 20, 2020 9:03 PM

Jul 2007
Both.
I have no issues here, and toss in Ram as well.
May 29, 2020 10:11 PM
Aug 2018
Rem all the way emilia is just an useless bitch
Jun 1, 2020 2:55 PM

Feb 2013
Emilia of course and she's gonna have a good build up in S2, leading up to the climax of the Arc with her past. And she's OP, especially after the events of S2.

Also, if you think Emilia had very little screen time in S1, you'll see that Rem has even less screentime in S2 - it will be so for any subsequent seasons too.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.