Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (47) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2008 3:04 AM

Sep 2008
Tsukihime sucks (the anime), but the soundtrack is good.

Yeah and Key sound label just simply rock! i love clannad and kanon soundtracks especially (listening to "town, flow of time, people" from Clannad now :)
Oct 4, 2008 3:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Topics merged.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 4, 2008 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
Itsuru said:
the original naruto ost is pretty darn good. Especially that main theme :O

Indeed ! Not really all the ops and endings, but the BGM's from Naruto are damn cool. Why ? Because they're metal/rock -ish with nice guitar + drum featuring ;)
I like the most from Naruto, I have loads more anime musics on my computer though, like FMA ones, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach etc etc etc

Oct 4, 2008 3:49 AM

May 2008
Oh Lord, there's quite a lot to go through.
I hate to tell you all, but Naruto Shippuden is pretty amazing.

Another is Ghost in the Shell, for it's awesome Shinto chants.
Another is Final Fantasy VII, for it's exceptionally amped up versions of it's older works.

The original Naruto soundtrack is good too, especially for the Orochimaru songs.
But I still think Shippuden is better.

The English DBZ soundtrack is kind of hit or miss, but far superior to the Japanese one.
And special mention goes out to it because of the song that plays when Trunks faces Freiza, which is the best in the series.

I really can't think of any others at the moment but I wish I could because I'm sure they're out there. There's a lot of good soundtracks out there and the top of my head is a shallow place.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 4, 2008 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
Just about every single piece of work by Yuki Kajiura and several by Yoko Kanno, but especially .hack//SIGN, .hack//Liminality, Madlax, and Escaflowne.

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." ~Douglas Adams (RIP)
Oct 4, 2008 6:09 AM

Nov 2007
Kara no Kyoukai
Nana
& Beck OST
Really enjoyed those ones
Oct 4, 2008 6:18 AM

Jul 2007
Cowboy Bebop
Baccano!
Aria
Hidamari Sketch
Akagi
Kaiji
Welcome to the NHK
Evangelion
Hellsing

I have a lot of "favourites".
Oct 4, 2008 6:25 AM

Sep 2008
I liked the Hellsing OST's.
I also like the Mononoke OST's for some reason, I think I like them because they sound wacky. :3
Oct 4, 2008 10:51 PM
Apr 2008
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- I've always loved Taku Iwasaki's work, and this OST is probably my favorite from him. A nice variety of musical genres.

Cowboy Bebop- The episodes of this show are done in different styles/moods. The music reflects that. Favorite Yoko Kanno OST.

Air and CLANNAD- Both OSTs are very relaxing and greatly enhance the drama in their respective shows.

Rozen Maiden- I like the mixture of classical style pieces as well as more modern sounding music--fits the show's setting/atmosphere.

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children- it's mostly made up of remixes of music from Final Fantasy 7, but I like FF7's music and this OST is no exception. :)
Oct 4, 2008 11:32 PM

Jun 2007
Air - I wasn't originally going to stick around, but the OST got me. Then I watched and it became one of my favorite anime. I love the 'Summer Lights' track.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I suppose this doesn't count (since it's pretty much classical music) but I give them credit for how well they used it.

And er... Naruto :D - Come on, Sadness and Sorrow & Hokage's Funeral were awesome tracks.

Oh, Giant Robo OVA - l

Edit:
A few more I thought of - Cowboy Bebop, Seirei no Moribito, Clannad, Princess Tutu, Baccano, Nodame Cantabile, Noein, Haibane Renmei
potatotatoOct 4, 2008 11:37 PM
Oct 7, 2008 6:36 PM

Oct 2008
Jigoku Shoujo OST
Oct 8, 2008 5:36 AM

Sep 2007
Haibane Renmei OST + Character Songs + Out Tracks
Rozen Maiden OST & Traumend OST
Fate/stay night OST
Macross Frontier OST
Oct 11, 2008 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
cardcaptor sakura' s OST i guess.
Oct 11, 2008 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
Air, Clannad and Kanon
Anything by TENMON like 5 Centimeters, Ef a tale of memories
Rozen Maiden
Death Note
Macross Frontier
Oct 11, 2008 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
A few lucky star OSTs
Welcome to the NHK OST
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 11, 2008 6:05 PM

Jun 2008
Here are my favorites soundtracks, which has one or more tracks that I listen often to. The 5 first are really my favorites, then I've put all my others mostly randomly. Notice that the OST of Terra E is the best soundtrack I ever listened to... There's nothing comparable to it!

#1 Toward the Terra OST
#2 Full Moon wo Sagashite OST
#3 Escaflowne OST
#4 Mai-Hime OST
#5 Vandread OST

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto OST
Strawberry Panic! OST
Loveless OST
Xenosaga OST
Hatenkou Yugi OST
Gundam Seed OST
Simoun OST
Elfen Lied OST
Kakyuusei 2 OST
Haibane Renmei OST
Shuffle! OST
Fate-Stay Night OST
Shounen Onmyouji OST
Soukou no Strain OST
Slayers OST
Pretear OST
True Tears OST
Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica OST
Sola OST
Princess Resurrection OST
Birdy The Mighty OST
Fantastic Children OST
Strike Witches OST
Tales of Symphonia OST
Tales of the Abyss OST
Sakura Taisen OST
Soukyuu no Fafner OST
Sousei no Aquarion OST
Shining Tears X Wind OST
Soul Link OST
Tenshi na Konamaiki OST

And a lot more which I don't have or don't remember...
SpiritOfTheWindsOct 11, 2008 6:09 PM
Oct 11, 2008 6:21 PM

Aug 2007
Air. It's what made me watch the series, really. I stuck around just for the music. The background music was amazing, especially natsukage and kaisouroku. Obviously, Lia sang great stuff for the OP and ED.
Elfen Lied Not a real diverse or large OST, but the OP is worth a mention.
5 Centimeters Per Second Tenmon is incredible. Omoide wa Tooku no Hibi and Sora to Umi no Shi are just two tracks in an absolutely breathtaking OST.
Clannad has excellent episode scoring. It's beautiful and fits so well you brealy notice it. I love that crazy celtic riverdance stuff that they threw into the end of the 2nd episode of afterstory (iirc it was used near the end of the 1st season too). The rest of the OST is incredible and solid. Key and KyoAni know what they're doing. Oh, and I'm a big fan of the after story's OP. Lia is back yay!
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Good OP and great background score.
Hidamari Sketch The score is so jazzy and cartoonish and fun and happy! Love all the OPs and EDs, too.
Kanon One of my favorites. Ayana does a godly job with the OP (thank Key for that one) The scoring is absolutely incredible. The classicallish, melodious, wintery hodgeposh of awesome is so great (note the very technical music terminology)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Love the fusion of rap and orchesta and classical beats. This OST is also chock-full of incredible voice songs. I don't even have to mention Nakagawa Shouko's Sora Iro Days but her happily ever after is nothing short of awesome. Inoue Marina's Trust is great, too.

Yeah, there's way more but I can't think of any examples. Oh yeah, Cowboy Bebop, too.
Oct 12, 2008 7:34 PM

Apr 2008
Cowboy Bebop - Metal, Jazz, Classical, Pop; you name it, it's in there. You can listen to it in front of your family members and not feel embarassed. My dad liked "Call Me Call Me" when he first listened to it. He even started to sing along with it!

Welcome to the N.H.K. - There's a nice amount of vocal tracks and instrumental tracks in this OST. The soundtrack itself is a musical journey. See where your mind takes you when you jump from "Dark Side wo Tsuitekite" to "Inbou wa Yoake ni Warau".

Tenkuu no Escaflowne - Yoko Kanno and Hajime Mizoguchi's orchestral opus. This music is worthy enough to be in this Macha/Fantasy epic. The best song on this soundtrack would have to be "Dance of Curse". If that doesn't get you pumped, then I don't know what does.

Paprika - The music in Paprika is so bubbly and bouncy. It's hard not to skip down the street listening to this on your mp3 player. Susumu Hirasawa has crafted a techno-based OST unlike anything I've ever heard.

El Cazador de la Bruja - Sure, Yuki Kajiura is known for having most of her soundtracks sound the same, but with El Cazzy, she brought something new to the table. She was inspired by the Peruvian culture that the show was inspired by, so that helped her to create a Spanish flavor for the soundtrack. Some notable tracks are the "L.A." tracks, "El Cazador", "Forest", and, my personal favorite, "Maxwell's Witch".

Other OSTs I like:
Sayonara Zetsubou sensei
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou sensei
Red Garden
Soul Eater
Giant Robo OVA
Revolutionary Girl Utena
The Big O
Oct 14, 2008 7:50 AM

Dec 2007
Nodame Cantabile OST
Death Note OST
Jigoku Shoujo OST
Dennou Coil OST
Ef A Tale of Memories OST
Oct 14, 2008 8:08 AM

Jul 2008
Genesis Aquarion OST by Yoko Kanno, OST single piano from FF 8 , and totally all from Bleach *for now only* will update later
Oct 14, 2008 8:51 AM

Aug 2007
Noir OST. Of all the Yuki Kajiura out there, this is the thing that's never been bettered for me. I like most of her stuff but the combination of church music, opera and electronica just clicks. All of it is awesome, but Salva Nos is one of the most incredibly intense bits of music I have ever heard; I still use it if I'm in a massive hurry and I need to move fast.

Bubblegum Crisis Complete Vocal Collection. It's like the '80s, but in Japanese, without the bad parts, and you can turn it off if you want. Nothing but fun, cheesy and highly catchy songs from start to finish, and with frankly stunning production values.

Azumanga Daioh OSTs. Pure distilled happy memories in audio form for me.

Ghost in the Shell/Innocence OSTs. Whoever mentioned Kenji Kawai above is quite right, he's amazingly talented. Floating Museum is one of the most beautiful and etherial bits of music I ever heard - Japan's Moonlight Sonata, IMO.

honourable mentions:
Macross Plus OST, esp. Sharon Apple songs
Last Exile OST
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex OSTs
Just about anything by Ali Project (Noir, Rosen Maiden and loads of stuff I've not seen)
Akira OST
Serial Experiments Lain OST/Cyberia Mix/OP/ED
Hidamari Sketch OST/Character songs
Just about anything by Ishikawa Chiaki (Bokurano OP (especially this!), Simoun OP, YUA:FT OP, and probably some other stuff)
The Pillows work on FLCL
Joe Hisaishi works for Ghibli, esp. Totoro

Things that have unremarkable music but an awesome OP/ED:
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu OP
Bokurano OP
Lovely Complex OP #1
Narutaru OP
Potemayo OP
Read Or Die OVA OP
Sketchbook Full Color's OP
Toshokan Sensou ED
Wolf and Spice OP/ED
Mahoromatic ED
Excel Saga OP
Haruhi ED
Lucky Star OP
Trigun OP
Dragon Half ED
Claymore ED
Air OP/ED

Current fad: Soul Eater ED #2 single by Nishino Kana. Second song especially is really, really catchy.
Oct 14, 2008 6:47 PM

Oct 2008
for me i would have to say Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 OSTs are my favorite they have some of the coolest songs even to date~

other then that Initial D but onry because MOVE is my favorite band xD
Oct 16, 2008 2:54 PM

Sep 2008
a] La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ - Classical Collection OSTs
Becoz they remind of of nice classical songs I've heard in Music Class or elsewhere.

b] Shugo Chara! OSTs
Becoz they have some soothing piano or acoustic tunes.

=]

Oct 17, 2008 3:23 AM

Apr 2008
ghost in the shell stand alone 2gig ost, end and op.
Oct 17, 2008 3:25 AM

Jul 2008
poseidon said:
ghost in the shell stand alone 2gig ost, end and op.

Erm, put your list in your signature (so I don't have to see it :D)
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Oct 17, 2008 9:40 PM

Sep 2008
FLCL
.Hack//Sign
Full Metal Panic
Meloncholy of Haruhi
Cowboy Bebop (Love The Egg and I)
Oct 17, 2008 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
Ghost in the Shell OSTs all the way.
Oct 17, 2008 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
1.) Code Geass
2.) Air
3.) Ar Tonelico
4.) Ayashi no Ceres
5.) Black Cat
6.) Chrno Crusade
7.) DN Angel
8.) Death Note
9.) Elemental Gerad
10.) Fate/ stay night
11.) Fullmetal Alchemist
12.) Fushigi Yuugi
13.) Gravitation
14.) Rave
15.) Kyo Kara Maoh!
16.) La Corda d' oro
17.) Ouran High School Host Club
18.) Rurouni Kenshin
19.) Saiyuki
20.) Samurai Deeper Kyo
21.) Spiral
22.) Tsubasa Chronicles
23.) X
Oct 18, 2008 12:28 AM

Jun 2008
mine would be Code geass OSt, 5cm per second OST
Oct 18, 2008 12:59 AM

Jul 2007
Legend of Galactic Heroes...then again, classical music is a weakness of mine.
Oct 18, 2008 1:04 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, Yasushi Ishii of course. His stuff from the Hellsing series soundtrack is especially good.
Oct 18, 2008 2:24 AM

Sep 2008
I just love the OST of all the Initial D seasons, love that Euro dance music :)
Oct 19, 2008 3:46 AM

Oct 2006
I'll start by composers, Taku Iwasaki is one of my favourites, he has such diversity and most of his work is wonderful:
Rurouni Kenshin Reminiscence and Seishohen - no traditional music instruments were used but this captured the atmosphere, story and emotions perfectly, the music was a large factor that contributed to the brilliance of the OVAs
Getbackers, Read or Die, Yakitate Japan and Soul Eater - this was when his work gradually evolved, from the jazzy getbackers and Yakitate, orchestral ROD to the hippy Soul Eater, all were my absolute favourites

Shinkichi Mitsumune:
Rozen Maiden - Battle of the Rose, Bara no Jubai and Shukuteki were one of the best, hes one of those that can mix electronic and classical very well.
Asatte no Houkou - This was almost entirely created of piano tracks, also another lovely one

Ryo Kunihiko, probably the best in creating scores for animes with classical backgrounds his Juuni Kokki, Victorian Romance Emma and Saiunkoku Monogatari were absolutely wonderful

Tsubasa Chronicles - I like this the most out of Yuki Kajiura's works, maybe because I'm more into the fantasy-type but I like every track inside all 4 OSTs.

Other favourites:
Towards the Terra - This was excellent, I never really took notice of the composer's work before but now I do
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
Inuyasha (especially OST2 and wind)
Samurai 7
5 cm per second and Beyond the Clouds (Tenmon)
Someday's Dreamers
Romeo x Juliet
Code Geass R2
Blood+
Seirei no Moribito
Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke (Joe Hisaishi)

Oct 19, 2008 3:56 AM

Feb 2008
I absolutely love the Welcome to the NHK OST, it real relaxing to listen to, which is why i listen to it when i walk from school.
Oct 19, 2008 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - The OP alone is basically perfect, and the rest of the OST is rather good too.
Elfen Lied - the track 'Shinkai'. That is all.
Saikano - great OST, decent mix and some great melodies. Pity nobody else has ever heard it.
Gunslinger Girl - The Delgados o/. Rest isn't too shabby either.
Wolf's Rain/Ghost in the Shell - Decent Yoko Kanno stuff here.
FLCL - Great stuff all round.

EDIT:
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette - Wow. Just wow.
SeasonreaperOct 26, 2008 4:22 PM
Oct 23, 2008 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
Macross Frontier. i really like Northern Cross :) and ranka's song
Oct 23, 2008 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
Gundam SEED^^
Oct 23, 2008 12:20 PM

Oct 2008
Code Geass R2 OST..
Nya.. ^___^
Oct 23, 2008 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
You can look in my profile for know my favorites OST
Visit my profile or my Blog where i talk about anime.
Oct 23, 2008 1:58 PM

Sep 2007
AIR OSt is my nr.1 fav. ost.
Oct 23, 2008 2:29 PM

Jul 2008
My favourite OST's include Death Note, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, UFO Princess Valkyrie, Welcome to the NHK, Sword of the Stranger and Kaiji. Gotta love Utawarerumono as well.
ToukaOct 30, 2008 1:25 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Oct 23, 2008 2:53 PM

May 2008
Soul Eater

only thing that would make it perfect would be the excalibur song
Oct 25, 2008 4:08 PM

May 2008
FLCL ost
BECK ost
Code geass r2 ost
Oct 25, 2008 7:49 PM

Jul 2008
Higurashi because its music was very moving. Other honorable mentions include Gundam Seed, Evangelion, and Macross Frontier (Sheryl <3).
Oct 27, 2008 10:53 AM

Aug 2008
Junjou Romantica- Kimi=Hana by Pigstar
Naruto- Negareboshi (shooting star) by Home made Kazoku
No Rain No Rainbow by Home made Kazoku
Closer by Inoue Joe

Gundam Seed Destiny- Fields of Hope by

Code Geass- Hitomi no Tsubasa by Access

D.Gray-Man- Innocent Sorrow by Abingdon Boys School

Bleach- Ichirin no Hana by High and Mighty Color
Sakura Hiyori (biyori?) by Hoshimura Mai

Samurai Champloo
Death Note- Zetsubou Billy by Maximum the Hormone
my list goes on and on haha
Oct 27, 2008 11:06 AM

Aug 2007
Mai Hime. By Far my most favorite soundtrack for an anime. I can listen to it for hours :)

Oct 27, 2008 11:09 AM

May 2008
Mai Hime/Otome by far.
Oct 27, 2008 11:10 AM

Apr 2007
I've always loved AIR's soundtrack. It's so relaxing. Most of the OST's that have been composed by Yuki Kajiura are good too.
Oct 27, 2008 11:12 AM

Sep 2007
Utena.
Oct 27, 2008 1:11 PM

Jul 2008
Utawaranomono, FMP and definately Lucky Star
Pages (47) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» your most favorited favorite character vs. your least favorited favorite character ( 1 2 3 )

bucciest - Oct 26, 2022

107 by Entity72 »»
5 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

33 by 7_3 »»
21 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998 ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 6

96 by DesuMaiden »»
33 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 5 hours ago

13 by DesuMaiden »»
36 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

27 by DesuMaiden »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.