Forum Settings
Forums

Do your parents/family know you watch anime/read manga ?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2017 11:18 PM

Mar 2012
thealphaCrome said:
Maou_heika said:
As for my mom she doesn't like me watching anime, she says things like:
1. The Japanese worship demons, their country should be completely destroyed by natural calamities/ America did the right thing by bombing them
2. They are just moving drawings meant for children, watch real people acting
3. The story is not real it's just some rubbish written by humans

Despite all that she said that the huge battle ships from Last Exile: Fam the silver wing were scary when it was shown on TV. She got scared of drawings lol.
Wow, what is your mom problem ! My parents don't like anime stuff but they are not racist
I am, she basically hates everything I like or find interesting. It's not only with anime but other things as well.
Jun 29, 2017 11:32 PM
Sep 2015
Yes, my parents found out when they barged into my room all of a sudden and the news that I liked anime spread like wildfire.

My family started making fun of me saying Japanese stuff using google translate and asking me to translate it. Most of my family started to call me a pervert and stuff like that... Turns out my fam has a bad rap with anime...

So... I regret leaving my room unlocked while watching anime.
Jun 29, 2017 11:42 PM

Jun 2016
My parents probably don't even know what anime is. my brother however, he just won't stop making fun of me, he also thinks that watching anime has something to do with my liberal views lol
Jun 29, 2017 11:44 PM

Jun 2015
Yeah, they know, and they like anime too
Heh...
Jun 29, 2017 11:47 PM

Aug 2015
Yup, they knows.. Everyone knows that I'm an otaku here.. At first my parents were really noisy about it like "she always watch cartoon" or "she laugh by herself like an insane person" or "she only ate internet" lol XD but they gave up not too long ago when I won a Japanese reading competition, because I proudly declared that "it's all because I watch anime" XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jun 29, 2017 11:52 PM

Apr 2017
They see me watching it but they don't tell me anything about it and its not like they cause im an adult an I do what the fuck I want to put it simply.

Discord come hang out :D

Jun 29, 2017 11:59 PM

Dec 2016
My whole family knows. They don't mind me watching them. Heck, even my whole school batch know. In our country, anime is widely accepted.
War really is cruel, heh?Whether you win or not, you always lose more than you gain.
The victor can still console themselves by counting their gains,
but the defeated can only count everything they've lost.
-Kondo Isao-
Jun 30, 2017 12:07 AM

Mar 2017
I've watched FMA:B, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Death Note and Monster with my mother and she liked those very much (especially Monster). Pretty much everyone who I regularly talk with knows I watch anime and no one gives a fuck. I try to not tell anyone though that Prison School is among my favorites. Watching that with my mother would be uncomfortable as fuck.
Jul 3, 2017 6:47 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
They do. They don't protest anyway, so it's just fine to me. My little brother and sister watches too, so, it is kind of fun.
Jul 3, 2017 7:07 PM

Dec 2015
thealphaCrome said:
If yes, what do they think about that ?
If no, are you scary by their reaction if they dicover it ?
( ps: sorry for my bad english i am french ^^ )

They do and they hate it actually they think it's for kids after all this years of arguing...
Jul 3, 2017 7:12 PM
Feb 2016
I'm going to tell them today, wish me luck! I hope that my parents will be supportive and they won't disown me. But I've kept this in for too long, I need to share my feelings with the world. <3
Jul 3, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2017
Of course, it'd be hard as hell to hide it. Plus, no real reason to, mom loves the shit, especially berserk.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - 4 hours ago

28 by Anjuro »»
4 minutes ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - 11 hours ago

29 by Saeryen »»
7 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - May 28

31 by Saeryen »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

84 by Tropisch »»
9 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - 9 hours ago

5 by MasterTasuke »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.