Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 2010 1:52 PM
Dec 2009
Great anime, great ending. I'm sad that it's the last episode... =(
Jan 13, 2010 6:59 AM

Jan 2010
mem- said:
Great anime, great ending. I'm sad that it's the last episode... =(

Yeah, same here.

But it could have been worse if the ending was more of a heartbreaker.

Awesome anime, best anime i've seen so far.
Jan 13, 2010 7:19 AM

Dec 2009
great ending

'Welcome to the NHK' - the famous last words!

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Jan 17, 2010 8:13 PM

Apr 2009
pfff the ending was crappy
i am going check the different in the manga.
Jan 18, 2010 1:55 AM
May 2008
superchan said:
pfff the ending was crappy
i am going check the different in the manga.

I hated the ending too, but this was based off the light novels, not the manga. I do hear the ending in the manga is very different though...so do post if you enjoy that or not
PredeJan 18, 2010 2:13 AM
Jan 21, 2010 11:04 PM

Dec 2008
Welcome to the NHK will forever hold a special place in my heart. IMO this show is a pure masterpiece. Now though, when I look at most of the forum discussion of the ending, I'm like, "WTF??? What's wrong with these people!". Obviously, you guys watched this entire series and you did not grasp the true essence of this show. People complaining and critisizing and crap about how this was a poor ending because of stuff like "They didn't kiss!" and "it just ended". HELLO AND WAKE UP LIFE'S NOT ALWAYS RAINBOWS AND BUTTERFLY KISSES (like what one user said before). If you haven't noticed this series is presented in a realistic manner. That's one of the reasons why I love it. This show is like LIFE. Sometimes growth is a gradual process, Satou even said so himself he is gradually getting by and just because Satou and Misaki didnt have a hot kiss scene in the end, doesn't mean they are not together in the end, because it is pretty damn obvious they are together in the end, and they'll just slowly take their relationship forward one step at a time. But I guess most people need to see a kiss in order to realize they are together. Im one of those guys who strongly believes a good story is not a good story unless it has a good ending. Everything else can be good, but if doesn't end just as well or better, then it completely ruins it. And Welcome to the NHK, definitely had a damn good ending.
Jan 21, 2010 11:23 PM

May 2009
People have their own opinions. There is no such things as a universal "good" ending that'll satisfy everyone. No need to look down on people with different opinions.

Back on topic, the ending was decent. The best ending would have been no ending at all and we can have NHK forever!!! hahahah.
Jan 25, 2010 3:25 PM

Nov 2009
This series is not to be missed, and I will enjoy many others. However I can no longer wish for a good ending in any anime, this one was just the last straw.

I'm keenly aware about how in the US we are conditioned from an early age for happy endings by Disney and Hollywood. Perhaps there is some cultural difference there that I'm not aware of. But anime is a form of entertainment, is it not?

Bladin said:

I don't like open endings because they are fricken retarded. If i wanted to create my own story with random characters, I wouldn't read a book or watch a anime or watch a movie. I'd go write my own story.

You know what happens after the end of the story? Nothing. Because they aren't real. So just complete the story.

QFTMFT
Jan 27, 2010 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
Great series. The ending was okay. Not terrible but not good either. I didn't know this was going to get so emotional :O Definitely was expecting a clone of Genshiken! Haha.
Jan 28, 2010 5:34 AM

Sep 2009
I've seen lots of animes since watching this show. But Welcome to the NHK still holds the top spot in my list. I"ve also read the manga but i prefer the anime, especially the ending. It's just amazing how this show can make me laugh hard and suddenly depressed within a singe episode.
Jan 29, 2010 6:59 AM

Sep 2009
ender650 said:
I loved the ending- an overly happy ending wouldnt fit this anime, and this ending was pretty happy in my opinion.

I agree entirely :)
Jan 29, 2010 9:27 AM
Jun 2008
I was expecting something more romantic... Like a kiss or anything, but they will continue to live following a routine...

Well, I liked it anyway =)
Jan 29, 2010 11:56 AM

Dec 2009
Towards the end of the series, it got really good. I liked the ending. The anime's ending is better than the manga's IMO. Makes me want to check out the novel to see how that differs from its adaptations.
Feb 1, 2010 5:37 PM
Jan 2010
A great ending for a great anime, kinda sad its over now guess i'll have to rewatch it sometime in the future.

Now i just need to find something else to watch that is as good as this.
Feb 1, 2010 5:54 PM

Jun 2009
I really like this anime. Even from the first episode I was hooked. This is the first time I watched an anime and liked every single character.

I didn't like this episode as much as I liked the ones that came before it. Still good though.
Mar 10, 2010 4:20 AM
Jan 2010
Well, I liked the ending.
Great series in my opinion.
Mar 11, 2010 6:34 AM

Oct 2009
Great ending. Though too bad its the end. They never even got to kiss or at least get to let us confirm that they are together now.

Guess its just back to normal days...but with only them two now.
Mar 11, 2010 10:22 PM

Dec 2008
It is foolish to want a "happy ending" to this anime. The entire point of the show was that life is not wrapped up in a neat package with a bow on top. There was one point in the anime (I cannot remember the exact situation) where someone talks about the incompleteness of life; how life never resolves but just continues on without completion.

Welcome to the NHK is still a great anime, and it actually resolves a lot of things (probably more than it actually should) with the ending. But to desire that Sato's life is completed with a job, relationship, and free of anxiety would be simple hypocrisy. Life never resolves itself, it never becomes easier, it is never free of suffering. But at the same time there are those moments of pure joy and happiness, however joy and misery always occur in a mixture.
Mar 13, 2010 6:29 PM

Nov 2008
kn1155 said:
Great anime, I thought that maybe masika and satou would be together which was a little disappointing but it was still a good ending. Might read the manga soon. =D

Don't, the anime is better!
i finished Welcome to the NHK, manga.. i gave it a seven because of the respect i have for the anime. i can't believe i'm about to say this, but i'm SO HAPPY that they actually screwed with the original material! let's see. it starts off the same, but you will hate Sato in the manga

And two...

and the ending was shit...just pure shit. i'm so glad the director came to his senses when he was offered a deal about an anime.
I started on the light novel and it's basically the same as the manga.

Apr 1, 2010 11:05 AM
Jun 2009
so this great series just ended...

Oh well, I hate endings.,,
Apr 4, 2010 6:00 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah and the end is a fucking conspiracy too, crappy end is crap...the series is good until episode 23.

IT IS ALL A CONSPIRACY TO RUIN THE SERIES..hide everyone.
Living in a word: where to be born, is simply my mention. To be living: our story. Then to die, your final. Restart!
Apr 15, 2010 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
What the eff?!
Needs a sequel
D;
Apr 21, 2010 8:21 AM

Dec 2008
Was I the only one who found and loved the epic moment he pulled out the REVOLUTIONARY Bomb and the music started playing?
I really found it epic and hilarious at the same time lols.
Made it the final awesome comedy.
And lastly for the happiness,I don't know why isn't that enough ~.~ It's perfect enough.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2010 4:14 PM

May 2009
Woohoo i just finished it now. :D

guys do you know about the ost when satou caught misaki the same one in episode 1 in when they met each other in the park

the slower version of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdCvC1S3QF0&feature=related
Apr 21, 2010 4:15 PM

May 2009
nvm i found it :D if you guys want to hear it too you can see it here. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLLf036iZ0

---
LOL almost two years have passed since i've made this post
and now im gonna read the manga

Tenshi wa Namida to Tsubasa wo Otosu was the title of the ost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ClSlzzkFI&feature=related

here's a new link cause the one at top died lol =)
TweeJan 6, 2012 4:45 PM
May 2, 2010 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
I kinda liked the ending, it was realistic. Not everyone's problems can be solved. The bomb scene was hilarious. I'm giving this 10/10

Is it worth checking out the manga? I heard it ended different.
May 2, 2010 8:25 PM

Sep 2009
Zepwich said:
I kinda liked the ending, it was realistic. Not everyone's problems can be solved. The bomb scene was hilarious. I'm giving this 10/10

Is it worth checking out the manga? I heard it ended different.

In my opinion the animes ending was better than the manga. The mangas ending was kinda confusing for me.
May 5, 2010 10:23 AM

Nov 2009
I like many loved this series...just a couple of things bothered me though.

The game they spend 3/4 of the anime making, it doesnt really sell and nothing more is heard from it at all...kinda seems like a waste of effort to me tbh.

And like many others have said, Satou and Misaki not getting together by the end, I really thought that Satou saving Misaki from committing suicide would have been enough but apparently it isnt so.

Well if there is an OVA of the reuniion anytime, I would have to expect something would have happened between them by then.
May 13, 2010 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
This was a unique story from the start and had a lot of interesting moments in its finale. I'm definitely satisfied in the least.
May 14, 2010 1:20 PM
Feb 2010
I wasn't fond of the ending. How it built a climax, then shot it down and made an ending were EVERYONE was left happy and satisfied. Very predictable there.

But it was okay in some respects. The whole Snake, Apple and Gun thing is hilarious.
May 16, 2010 10:49 PM

Jul 2008
So I guess that's it.. It wasn't the best anime, and it wasn't the worst. :)
May 23, 2010 2:07 PM
Jul 2009
ah so amazing
i gave it a 9
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
May 25, 2010 9:40 PM

Feb 2010
Quite a great show!
I laughed, I cried, I cringed and although the second half was a bit weaker than the first one I'll have to give it at least 9/10 points. While watching the ending of the last episode I already felt the urge to watch the whole series again ^^
I probably regret this post by now.
May 27, 2010 4:06 PM

Mar 2010
The ending was okay, except it wasn't that clear on what happens with Satou and Misaki (at least for me).
Jun 2, 2010 8:56 PM
Feb 2009
amg n00000es it ended just like that, everyone seemed like they had an happy ending except fro MIsaki and Sato kun, seriously a sequel is required in my onion but overall I'll rate this shows as 9/10 since it affected my life in a way, during the time i was watching it.
Jun 16, 2010 11:32 PM

Aug 2009
Loved this anime! I think the animation studio did a good job with it, cutting out the unnecessary parts from the manga and adding in extra events to better tie the people together. It's certainly very different from a lot of the other anime I've watched.
Jun 20, 2010 11:28 AM

Oct 2009
I'm sure there was a conspiracy about ending.. it was supposed to be better.. but damn nihon hypocrite-storyboard kyokai.. always open endings.. i hate it.. though series was very good..
Jun 22, 2010 4:52 AM

Jan 2009
Why are you guys saying its a disappointing ending?

Just because they didn't get married.

Oh god TBH that would be the worst ending, saying at the end they got married. This was such a depressing Anime and then suddenly everything is happy-do-da. That would be so incoherent.

I liked the ending, because it just shows they are just back to episode 1, yet this time Satou is the teacher. It is very symbolic.
Jul 9, 2010 7:29 PM
Apr 2010
This was a fantastic ending. My mind is blown.

Any resolution would have been a horrible resolution as compared to the rest of the anime. Surely arcs were picked up and thrown away somewhat incoherently; but it comes down to that being the point.

In this final episode Sato is again in his mess of an apartment not wanting to leave his sleep and enter reality... it's the same as the beginning of the series. The consistency is remarkable, but the change is even more so. At the end I see a Sato that has learned something. It's hard to even express in words what this is, but he has something new in him -- the will to live, I suppose.

From everything this series has given us so far, it would have been far too much to demand a happy closure. And, well... for me that realism makes it even more of a positive end.
Jul 15, 2010 7:56 AM

Jan 2010
Good series, I prefer the manga though. I'll have to check the novel out. And Misaki was handled horribly in the anime.
2DeehAug 2, 2010 11:16 AM
Jul 20, 2010 7:20 PM
Jan 2009
This anime was alright, but a bit overrated.
Aug 2, 2010 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
I remember i was addicted to this anime puru puru rin one of the best anime i have seen

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 7, 2010 12:19 AM

Jul 2009
I'm just... very bleh right now. I don't even know what to say. This show has had its ups and downs... mostly downs cause the whole series feel very down sided.. I like it, but I don't know why. Bleh, I give it credit for being different nonetheless.
Aug 10, 2010 7:24 AM
Mar 2008
Meh, I'm disappointed, since I was rooting for a Satou x senpai ending, even though the chances were slim. It's not that I dislike Misaki, but for some reason I preferred the senpai, despite she was mentally disturbed (not that Misaki is any saner, lol).
I just think that she and Satou would make a good couple.
Whatever, enough ranting. Good and enjoyable series, but imho they wasted too many episodes on the galge thing, which could be spent on the class president (what happened to her at the end?!) or the senpai. And the ending was kind of depressing and sad, since they all moved on with their lives, except for Satou and Misaki.
7.5, but I'll round it to 8.
Aug 24, 2010 6:01 PM

Mar 2008
masterpiece
satou+misaki = <3
^^

really enjoyed this show... !!!!
ty !
Aug 26, 2010 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
It was a good ending ... i just wish that there was a bit more closure ^_^
Sep 2, 2010 5:56 AM

Apr 2009
Ending lacked punch. They did the tension building well before a certain sequence (without spoiling) but the conclusion of it felt a bit half-baked. Didn't like that.

The anime overall was OK, considering that the comic elements are meant to be in throughout, I must have laughed once or twice, which to me isn't good enough. The character building was pretty good barring Misaki, who really would have benefiting from having her past revealed gradually rather than all at once right near the end. That strikes me as lazy writting. And, lets be frank, the animation was poor.

Thats not to say I didn't like it. There was a certain charm to the relationship between Satou and Yamazaki which was interesting, but I had expected better overall.
Sep 4, 2010 5:20 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome ending for an awesome series. This deserves an awesome score: 10/10
Sep 7, 2010 12:54 AM
Aug 2009
I just want to see satou and misaki happy.
Saddest series I've ever seen.
Sep 8, 2010 8:13 AM

Aug 2008
Well, the first episodes really made me think of a new masterpiece in my anime list and it might have got 10/10 if there wouldn't have been all those stupid filler episodes.
Because of that middle part I was willing to beat the hell out of Satou for behaving so fucking brainless.
At least the end was sort of satisfying even though I'm still bugged by them not really getting closer at all.

So all in all it would have been capable of becoming a grat anime and it is really sad that it was just scuttled like that.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

180 by Ronninn »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

166 by Ronninn »»
Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

126 by puffle9000 »»
May 22, 10:41 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

122 by Ronninn »»
May 22, 9:30 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
May 21, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.