Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 21, 2016 7:22 PM

Jun 2011
This show has become so comical now.. really, the Tahamine (or however you say it) queen arrived right at the moment the other knight(?) discovered the scroll which pertains the secret that the previous king mentioned before? No build up, nothing whatsoever.

That's not all, Hermes or Hilmes however you wanna call it, came out from the top, broke through the window for no other reason than to have a "cool" entrance, and his soldiers arrived through the door few seconds later.. come on now, am I suppose to take this epic fantasy war drama seriously or not?

I also don't like the scene in episode 2 iirc, during the mini war Arslan has with the bandits(?), and during the war, Gieve came back, and I know that Arslan is happy to see him again, and the other guys, but it feels so wrong to look at the happy face of Arslan because if you think about it, time didn't stop for him, the war was still on, and people were still killing each other in the background, just.. no..

The pacing was horrid, and because of the pacing the story felt like it was simplified, very generic. If the story wasn't good, this series would've been intolerable. The series is also trying really hard to push the Etoile x Arslan ship, and while I liked it as I said previously in the first season, I really dislike it when the entire plot was written just for that purpose.

The animation was bad, the OP and ED feel so empty, lack of feelings, are also bad. Same as the voice acting, so lifeless and bad. The characters are kinda lacking a lot of common sense, either that or some of the story was skipped, because I was sure Irina and Merlane were going elsewhere, and the next thing we know, they were captured. The scene where Irina was trying to stab the fat king was also hilariously bad. How in the world was that king gonna let a woman, let alone a blind woman get him, just.. pathetic. That little brother of his wasn't any better.

The series was also really annoying to watch when Andragoras freed himself and just go and claim Arslan's throne like it's no big deal. Good lord dude has no pride. He took over his entire army like it was his. He's basically a muscled-bully, the annoying type. I can't wait for the time when Arslan gets to fuck him up. I want Darslan to stop taking shit and go at him.

Meh sequel, very disappointing. If they ever got to animate another sequel, wish they would get the first part of the story done. I heard the second part is where things get real.
ToG25thBaamOct 21, 2016 7:57 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 29, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2016
Two questions.
1. Season 3, when?
2. Arslan and Etoile's marriage, when?
Oct 30, 2016 1:09 AM

Mar 2012
As I mentioned in one of the previous discussions, that was wayyyy too short and they should've just waited longer if they didn't have enough material to cover at least a standard length season. Worst part is that things were finally starting to head back towards the main theater of the war >_> I'll be waiting on a continuation of the story, just hope it's longer next time.
Nov 1, 2016 5:34 AM

Apr 2015
as we all predicted, it would be impossible to give a closure to the series with only 8 episodes.

And the problem is that i don't know where i can read the novels. It's really frustating to think thaty maybe i'll never see all the arcs of this epic anime =/
10/10
Nov 3, 2016 7:26 PM

Nov 2013
I wonder if it's my imagination or if the character designs have improved a bit. Arslan doesn't look as much like Sailor Moon as he did in the first season. He looks a bit more like a prince. Of course, I may be biased by having seen the original Kadokawa production in 1991. The original character designs by Sachiko Kamimura were quite beautiful. But I guess I'm getting used to this new version somewhat. I still think the original Hermes was more menacing and ominous with those horns and the full mask.

There's been a lot more side stories in this new series, and more in depth character development. In this city by the sea, we get to see Arslan's governing abilities and I must say, he's quite impressive at solving problems.

Odd that they stopped at 8 episodes. But the original OVAs were four, then a couple of years later they added "Age of Heroes", which was 2 more OVAs, in which the quality of the art declined and the story became rushed and ambiguous. Sadly, much of this was due to Haruki Kadokawa's involvement in drug trafficking, which lead to his arrest by the Japanese authorities and the near bankrupting of Kadokawa Shoten Publishing in 1992. I more or less gave up on the original Arslan franchise at that point. But here we are again, and they are producing a lot of fluff episode filler and not bringing the story arc to a conclusion. Well, I guess we'll see next year if there is a season 3.
Nov 7, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
As a finale, the best part is the period in which Hirmes has a "disagreement" with the old fanatic. For the rest it is interesting and well played on the dialogues, but little addicting. Good excuse to move the plot and give the opportunity to Arslan to "help" the young Lusitanian. Overall, this season has the merit of having carried the story forward, without getting lost anything during the ride, maintaining a certain charm due to the scenery and the soundtrack, including the characters. But the quality of the drawings and animations, is really low and does turn up a little nose; also you can not forgive certain naivete durations seen throughout the series, oh well!

My vote is 7/10.

EDIT: 3th season, please!
Feb 13, 2017 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Of course Kishward doesn't get to read the letter.

Smh at Bodin running away.

Looks like summer vacation is over for Arslan and co.

Signs of Holy War.

Narrator says the subtitle name. Roll credits!

Found this more enjoyable. Hoping for more Arslan so I can see the beauties, Farangis and Eloite, again.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 22, 2017 12:17 PM

May 2014
I want a 3rd season damnit, waiting for the manga to catch up with its pace will take forever 😭😭
Overall, I quite liked the series, they pulled it off great. For an 8 episode long tv anime it surely was interesting.
I'll end it with an 8/8
Jul 8, 2017 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
I wish this was longer. 8 episode isn't enough.

Arslan matured a lot in this season, especially when it comes to leadership. Hermes got his character development.

8/10, waiting for S3. (If it gets one that is)

Jul 19, 2017 7:10 PM
Mar 2016
that fucking cliffhanger. i thoroughly enjoyed this show and i wish this season was longer, if there's no season three then im going to regret watching something as good as this with no closure.
Aug 29, 2017 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
A proper second season would have been better. From the first episode, I thought Arslan and Etoile have some kind of shared destiny and I feel like they could be a cute couple. I wonder how closely the anime follows the books.

6/10

madaodonoSep 1, 2017 6:12 AM
Dec 25, 2017 3:19 AM

Apr 2016
Season 3 please , i wanna see death of king and priest bodin
BRAWLERS
Jan 9, 2018 11:16 AM

May 2015
This season doesn't make anything to make story more interesting.

5/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 1, 2018 10:10 AM
Dec 2014
This season was so short I hope there's a 3rd season.
Apr 9, 2018 4:45 PM
Dec 2011
can arslan be less useless? His counterpart, hermes, is a tactician and a fighter, while arslan is justa GODDMAN puppet! how can this be called "The Heroic Legend of Arslan" when Arslan don't do xiet??
May 6, 2018 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
JokerxHisoka said:
can arslan be less useless? His counterpart, hermes, is a tactician and a fighter, while arslan is justa GODDMAN puppet! how can this be called "The Heroic Legend of Arslan" when Arslan don't do xiet??

Fucked up concept, mate.
Hilmes is so driven and determind to get what it belongs to him, what he owns, to adopt his identity back. He has a straight goal and wants to conquer. He fascinates me so much to the point that if I would have been a character in this story, I would've, without a spark of doubt, choose to be on his side and served him with life. He's a perfect King/Ruler image in my eyes. That said, I'm disappointing he has little supporters on his team. But at the same I'm happy with this man Marzban Sam on his side and that he vowed a service to him; then I think it's enough of what Hilmes needs. One loyal man more worthy than a bunch that does everything more than the king-to-be. Looking at you Arslan&co.
Jun 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Jan 2018
Arslan went from naive to mature in this season. I still didn't expected that Daryun and Narsus would be that loyal to him, after all they've been through in the 1st season.

That buildup to take back Ecbatana. I wonder who will win. Silver Mask Hilmes is also quite promising tbh. The King's still in tiptop shape and merciless as always...

Season 3 when?

8/10
Apr 27, 2020 8:25 AM

Nov 2016
Wait this anime really ended without ending? it needed like 2-3 more episodes to finish it and they didn't do it just why ? It was really good anime but that non finished end of season made me really angry :/
Jun 3, 2020 2:05 AM

Oct 2019
From 25 ep to 8 ep, they could at least make this as 12 eps and make conclusion on reclaiming the city, but instead they left it off with cliff hanger.
andrearionaJun 3, 2020 2:29 AM
Feb 27, 2022 9:28 AM
Nov 2020
LETS HOPE WE GET A SEASON 3
Apr 29, 2023 6:51 AM

Nov 2021
There should have been a sequel by now. They left this unfinished. This is saddening. This show is one of those that deserves to have a proper conclusion.

Dammit

Jun 1, 2023 4:13 PM

Dec 2020
What. Only 8 episodes? The conclusion was about to happen.
Yo the frustration
May 6, 6:05 AM
Jun 2017
fico triste por já estar em 2024 e ainda não ter tido uma terceira temporada
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2016

68 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 27, 2023 2:59 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

85 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 27, 2023 1:15 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

68 by Muow »»
Jun 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

135 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 1:01 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2016

132 by Muow »»
May 30, 2023 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.