Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2016 9:16 PM

May 2015
This episode in of it's self was a fairly well-rounded conclusion. Glad teacher got everything coming to him, and Celty/Shinra were wonderful. Also happy for Mikado and his friends too. Still, I was expecting something a little more from this cour....Idk

Mar 26, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
Another long runner has ended it's been a fun insane ride while somethings weren't wrapped up as well as i wanted most like the Izaya vs Shizuo fight i at least wanted to see him meet his end by glasses girl.

while i think there's still more they could do a year ago i didn't even think we would see the end of DRRR so 8/10 overall this season 7.5/10
Mar 26, 2016 11:38 PM

Mar 2014
Fnights said:
Lol, so Celty spent 3 season to regain his own head back just to lose it again in 5 minutes? :D

that's how much she loves shinra :D
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Mar 26, 2016 11:47 PM
Nov 2015
zerorequiem_ said:
It's over ;_;

And so the wait for an SH adaptation begins.

SH? Is that another part to this? I can't really find the manga to be able to read and I absolutely love this series and am ALL IN for more. I just wish Izaya had a little bit more of a speech before being stabbed by Varona. Izaya is still the best.
Mar 27, 2016 12:00 AM

Apr 2013
Damn I'm gonna miss this series :( Hope SH gets adapted in the future.
Mar 27, 2016 12:09 AM

Jul 2014
This feels bittersweet.

Will there be an SH season?
Mar 27, 2016 12:22 AM

Aug 2015
Finally over.... T__T

Gonna miss Durarara so much
Mar 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Jun 2014
Forever_A said:
I'm the only one that wanted to see Celty leaving? I never bought the relationship of those two.
Same here, For me the finale was a bit lacking.
They put much focus on Celty/Shinta stuff and the main villain was just ignored for most of the time. 7/10
Mar 27, 2016 12:45 AM
Aug 2015
The Shizuo vs Izaya scene was disappointed.. It would be interesting if they make a movie or at least an OVA about their full fight lol.. I'm also glad to see Varona getting closer to Shizuo, my #1 OTP from this series xD Finally its already ended. Mikado can reunited again with his friends.. All of the chaos that occurred in the town of Ikebukuro was finally completed..

Idk but I have a feeling that they will animate another season someday :) My rate for this cour is 9/10
Mar 27, 2016 1:13 AM

Jun 2012
good ending, but I think it could have been more strict with some characters.

I still like s1 more than the others, and this last one didn't change that

6/10
Mar 27, 2016 3:02 AM

Apr 2014
I'm so sad drrr ended but at least my bbi izaya is still alive
Sackcloth and ashes.
Mar 27, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2013
Minh_Tu said:
Let me answer those questions for your.
2) Celty's Head drop has been retrieved and shipped to Chicago, as mentioned in the episode.
3) Shinra love for Celty is overpowering Saika, it was also mentioned in the episode too. Shinra's love is not half-hearted.
4) Erika's contact lenses has been removed to prove that she is not one of Saika's Zombie, it was also mentioned in the episode
5) Sloan is not important, so let him out of the question :)
6) The Yakuza said that the bullet from their gate are not match the gun Mikado received from them, it was much smaller because Mikado use his special gun, so they have no connection to link Mikado and the gun shot incident. Again, it was also mentioned in the episode
7) To be honest, they are also not important.
8) She is neutral, she always craving for love.She even love Shinra because his love for Celty. We can say that she is a good girl, but sometime confused like Varona.

I think you should watch this episode again :), you missed a lot of important stuff.

10/10 ending for me - Shinra and Celty are amazing as usual.

Thanks for your reply! Good thing we at least agree on the Hollywood part xD
Some points I'd like to add:
2. Okay got it, kinda thought the Mika/Seji dialog was as unimportant as always so I didn't give them much attention (my cat jumping on my computer was a bit more interesting in that moment)
3. Nah sorry, I don't buy that. It's like explaining the nakama powerz of the whole Fairy Tail cast: "Because I love my friends SO SO much" -> Power Up! That's cheap, Drrr shouldn't fall so low.
4. But Erika's right eye was perfectly fine at minute 20:20 (without the lenses), when they spotted the Saika using teacher and ran him over with their car. But the next day, while she talked about the stalker, she wore an eye-patch. So what happened?
5. I agree, let's forget him and pretent he never existed like a few other Drrr characters
6. So the hidden handgun was removed from Mikado by his friends on the way to the hospital because they "knew"(?) the Yakuza might attack him if they found the weapon? He get's away with everything without even the tiniest bit of scolding?
7. They left a strong impression in the beginning of x2 and were important at some events before. I think it's sad to see that they just got dumbed because the writer can't handle the many characters he created as good as he thinks he does.
8. Thanks for explaining that. I didn't understand her character that good.
Mar 27, 2016 3:30 AM

Jun 2014
Wow, this was great, I'm gonna miss this show...

I'll be getting the light novels for sure.

;_;
:3
Mar 27, 2016 4:06 AM

Jan 2014
I'm satisfied with the ending, everything resolved beautifully and no one died. Really like Celty's head reaction towards Shinra, lol. I always love Durarara!!! 9/10

Gonna miss this series (T^T)
Mar 27, 2016 4:10 AM
Dec 2013
This is my favourite Durarara season, so interesting and eccentric.
Mar 27, 2016 4:35 AM

May 2009
So what's in Chicago ? Why Celty's head is shipped there ?

Nice finale. Can't believe this anime has ended, watched the first eps 6 years ago.

I hope they'll adapt SH and the rest of Baccano.
Mar 27, 2016 5:08 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Takashi's fate was rather enviable indeed (or not)...
Mar 27, 2016 5:16 AM

Feb 2013
Mixed feelings. The finale has only left me yearning for more, but it was a nice ending overall. The scene were Shizuo tosses Shinra was the best moment for me.
Even though I would have preffered it for Mikado to die (it adds to the drama and I guess it would make me like him more. Plus Masaomi would hunt Izaya forever), it's only a personal opinion and I can't say I'm displeased with what happened. I just think it's unrealistic that every important character is alive and well.
My only complaint is the Izaya/Shizuo fight. It was so tense when they said their goodbyes on the phone and I was waiting for shit to get real, only to be left a bit disappointed. Can't say there weren't strong scenes, but there was something lacking. I mean, that fight has been building up since the first season!
I'm happy with the Celty/Shinra stuff and the comedy with that cop. Feels like everything went back to the way it used to be.
The art didn't bother me much, I don't thing a new, glossy animation would fit the anime's atmosphere. Mika's feet though xD
I'll miss Durarara. A sequel would be more than welcome. 9/10 for me.
「なぁ、どうなんだ?君はこのあと、
僕の代わりを見つけられるのか?」
「いいや…。もう二度と御免だね。」

Pandas Card Collecting|DC Loyalty Card
Mar 27, 2016 5:43 AM

Nov 2015
I guess it was a pretty good episode, though I still don't get what happend with the Dollars in the end.

I really hope that will be made a OVA after "The sunset with Orihara Izaya". I really liked him, he is the reason that I watched Durarara!!. In novel were some important parts about Izaya that were skipped from anime, so I don't think he is that bad...

Mar 27, 2016 5:56 AM
Aug 2015
MissPsychoholic said:
Minh_Tu said:
Let me answer those questions for your.
2) Celty's Head drop has been retrieved and shipped to Chicago, as mentioned in the episode.
3) Shinra love for Celty is overpowering Saika, it was also mentioned in the episode too. Shinra's love is not half-hearted.
4) Erika's contact lenses has been removed to prove that she is not one of Saika's Zombie, it was also mentioned in the episode
5) Sloan is not important, so let him out of the question :)
6) The Yakuza said that the bullet from their gate are not match the gun Mikado received from them, it was much smaller because Mikado use his special gun, so they have no connection to link Mikado and the gun shot incident. Again, it was also mentioned in the episode
7) To be honest, they are also not important.
8) She is neutral, she always craving for love.She even love Shinra because his love for Celty. We can say that she is a good girl, but sometime confused like Varona.

I think you should watch this episode again :), you missed a lot of important stuff.

10/10 ending for me - Shinra and Celty are amazing as usual.

Thanks for your reply! Good thing we at least agree on the Hollywood part xD
Some points I'd like to add:
2. Okay got it, kinda thought the Mika/Seji dialog was as unimportant as always so I didn't give them much attention (my cat jumping on my computer was a bit more interesting in that moment)
3. Nah sorry, I don't buy that. It's like explaining the nakama powerz of the whole Fairy Tail cast: "Because I love my friends SO SO much" -> Power Up! That's cheap, Drrr shouldn't fall so low.
4. But Erika's right eye was perfectly fine at minute 20:20 (without the lenses), when they spotted the Saika using teacher and ran him over with their car. But the next day, while she talked about the stalker, she wore an eye-patch. So what happened?
5. I agree, let's forget him and pretent he never existed like a few other Drrr characters
6. So the hidden handgun was removed from Mikado by his friends on the way to the hospital because they "knew"(?) the Yakuza might attack him if they found the weapon? He get's away with everything without even the tiniest bit of scolding?
7. They left a strong impression in the beginning of x2 and were important at some events before. I think it's sad to see that they just got dumbed because the writer can't handle the many characters he created as good as he thinks he does.
8. Thanks for explaining that. I didn't understand her character that good.

Thank you for your reply :) - now for some answer :D
3) You spend 51 episodes with most of the times Shinra always said lovey-dovey stuff about Celty. Shinra has been obsessed with Celty, to be honest. The love is basically out of the chart XD . There is only a few people who can overcome Saika, because of their love. The best example is Akabayashi - he love Anri's Mom at first sight, and lead to Saika lose to him. We can even see Shinra using Saika at his own will too.
But that also my humble opinion :D

4) Actually i think the impact when Saburo ran over that guys caused Erika to hit the seat or something, because she barely enter the car,which lead to her eye-patch. Walker also has a bandage at his nose due to the impact too. You can check 17:53.

6)Well, he has been stabbed 4 times in a row to protect Anri, so can we forgive him :) ? I feel sorry for him because he tried his best to reunite with his friends, but it went horribly wrong. Luckily, we have Celty <3
Actually, the hidden hand gun has been taken care off by Celty. She removed it from him and crushed it into tiny bits. Check 06:10-06:12 for detail :)

7)I think they are a little something call fan-services, in my opinion. They are fun, cute and very dangerous, but they maybe too naive for this kind of stories.

From my point of view, Celty is the MVP :D - Without her, there will be a lot, a lot of death.
No one is more human than Celty, because she is always try her best to become human.

Well, let me knows if you have any question XD
Minh_TuMar 27, 2016 6:03 AM
Mar 27, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2016
I think kinda prefer the x2 shou :d This last ketsu probably didn't bring me enjoyness as well as shou.
I thought it would view something related with SH..

After their's full of happiness ending, what happen with dollars? As mikado's mention, he wants to end along with dollars. Is the position as leader will be taken over by someone else? Or this episode is the end of dollars instead?

We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Mar 27, 2016 6:04 AM
Aug 2015
MoNYeTLeWaT said:
I think kinda prefer the x2 shou :d This last ketsu probably didn't bring me enjoyness as well as shou.

After their's full of happiness ending, what happen with dollars? As mikado's mention, he wants to end along with dollars. Is the position as leader will be taken over by someone else? Or this episode is the end of dollars instead?

SH is new, maybe we have to wait a few year for it to become anime. We wait 3 year to have Drrr season 2, so may be 2-3 years again :)

BTW: I like your OVA Ending Picture :3
Mar 27, 2016 7:02 AM

Jan 2016
Minh_Tu said:
MoNYeTLeWaT said:

SH is new, maybe we have to wait a few year for it to become anime. We wait 3 year to have Drrr season 2, so may be 2-3 years again :)

Ahaha thank you :>
Ya, become old its only the way to enjoy bunch of these series.. now all i want just baccano s2 xDDDD
We did this every day that summer. There wasn’t a day we missed.

"I love you, air conditioner."
Mar 27, 2016 7:06 AM
Aug 2015
MoNYeTLeWaT said:
Minh_Tu said:

Ahaha thank you :>
Ya, become old its only the way to enjoy bunch of these series.. now all i want just baccano s2 xDDDD

Baccano is Gold - Pure gold :D
I tried to make me friend watch it, but they still refused because it's so "Old", no loli, harem or fan-services.
They don't know what they miss
Mar 27, 2016 7:10 AM

Sep 2014
Well at least it ended decently. 5/10
Mar 27, 2016 7:30 AM

May 2009
And so it came to an end. u_u

I will miss Durarara!! :(( One of my favorite anime out there. <3

Before reading some of the threads here, I can't actually keep up with Mikado's ideals and everything and I started to care less because I really don't know what's going on anymore. But thanks to some posts/comments, I was able to understand Mikado's side and started to enjoy the season again. :D
I thought I hate him, but when he was stabbed by Nasujima, I screamed sh*t over and over, I thought he was gonna die and it made me sad. Hahaha. :D
So glad he's alive and finally, a happy reunion for the three <3

I love Izaya ever since, but I actually rooted for him to die. HAHAHA. Dunno why, maybe I just want him to receive retribution for every mess he made, even though it was a fun ride. :3 I mean, most of the things in season 1 wouldn't happen if it wasn't for him, or maybe not. XD

Goodbye to Valona~ :DD So kouhai-ish :3 I really like her character development :)))

And yay!! for happy ending of CeltyXShinra!! :DD I love these two :)))) And they're always soooo cute. :3 <3

Will surely miss DRRR. :3 Let's wait for SH adaptation! :D
8/10
MagePhairaMar 27, 2016 7:57 AM

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Mar 27, 2016 8:20 AM
Dec 2012
dizzyur said:
I hate Nasujima being with Haruna, I hate Haruna herself, and I want him to spear Haruna in the fucking chest. That's what I'll very briefly say about how dissatisfactied that shit leaves me. I'm now going to rewatch all the episodes he's in, cry in a corner, a delude myself into thinking that disgusting choice of end is not canon. I will think he escaped. That will satisfy me. I will write an alternate end.

Like overall even if that was in the original novel, it was a shitty choice of end. I was not expecting him to win by any stretch of the imagination, but for such a torturous end for no viable reason, even if he is implied to be a rapist, psychopath, need I go on? It's wretched. It's wretched, it's lazy, and there would've been such better excitement from him stabbing the fuck out of that cliched yandere stereotype!!

For the overall adaptation distillation of this show, flubbed animation, constantly making Nasujima keep that fake beard on, other errors, and that ending goddamn existing at all, I have now docked my sweet score to from what was initially an 8, then a 7, down to a 6. I would say this is somewhat of what I like to call a "letdown". At least Izaya got his just desserts, that's about the only happy part of that ending I can get behind, minus "awww, look everyone loves each other" ooey gooey mess. That still don't cancel out Nasujima's bad fate. That don't impress me much. At all.

There's a bitch I want to see at the bottom of a river right now. I want to throw Haruna to the bottom of the damn deepest river.

hmmm, you mean that the ending didnot follow the LN's? I feel the ending was really average and actually a letdown compared to what was going before is
Mar 27, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
fideldesu said:
So what's in Chicago ? Why Celty's head is shipped there ?

Nice finale. Can't believe this anime has ended, watched the first eps 6 years ago.

I hope they'll adapt SH and the rest of Baccano.

Nebula's HQ, the company Shinra's dad works to.
Mar 27, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2011
Truly sorry to see this anime end. I enjoyed it, although I feel so much more could have been done with it.

I was really disappointed in Mikado's actions and choices toward the end; total cop out IMO. After all he had been through, it seems he learned nothing and gained no strength. OMG, he simply resorted back to the boy who arrived in Ikebukuro in the first series. What was with that passive/aggressive crap?

A few characters got short-changed at the end... Shizou's brother (what happned with him?), they showed Ruri, but that irrelevant scene left me a bit confused.

Unfortunately, Saki was just there. I expected her to be more help to Mikado and instigate her presence as his girlfriend, but nothing so dramatic was forthcoming.

I really wanted to see the the twins reaction to the seriousness of Shizou and Izaya's fight. Honestly, I kept thinking when Shizou landed that punch, it should have been a replica of the same punch he used on the tractor. Ohh... Izaya wouldn't have walked away from that one.

Everything ShizouxVerona, I love. Too bad for them; I could really see something there, the author should have exploited them more romantically, I think.

This is so weird, but really wanted Namie to be in the back seat of that car with Izaya. Can't quite see them as a couple, but I know those two messed up minds could wreck havoc somewhere else.

All in all, Shinra is the man!!! Celty you lucky, headless, Dullahan **sighs**

Awesome ending!
Mar 27, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
why are some people saying izaya is dead? he said he didn't want a monster(shizuo) at his deathbed does that mean he knew he's going to die????????????? so confused rn
Sackcloth and ashes.
Mar 27, 2016 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
IMTLD said:
dizzyur said:
I hate Nasujima being with Haruna, I hate Haruna herself, and I want him to spear Haruna in the fucking chest. That's what I'll very briefly say about how dissatisfactied that shit leaves me. I'm now going to rewatch all the episodes he's in, cry in a corner, a delude myself into thinking that disgusting choice of end is not canon. I will think he escaped. That will satisfy me. I will write an alternate end.

Like overall even if that was in the original novel, it was a shitty choice of end. I was not expecting him to win by any stretch of the imagination, but for such a torturous end for no viable reason, even if he is implied to be a rapist, psychopath, need I go on? It's wretched. It's wretched, it's lazy, and there would've been such better excitement from him stabbing the fuck out of that cliched yandere stereotype!!

For the overall adaptation distillation of this show, flubbed animation, constantly making Nasujima keep that fake beard on, other errors, and that ending goddamn existing at all, I have now docked my sweet score to from what was initially an 8, then a 7, down to a 6. I would say this is somewhat of what I like to call a "letdown". At least Izaya got his just desserts, that's about the only happy part of that ending I can get behind, minus "awww, look everyone loves each other" ooey gooey mess. That still don't cancel out Nasujima's bad fate. That don't impress me much. At all.

There's a bitch I want to see at the bottom of a river right now. I want to throw Haruna to the bottom of the damn deepest river.

hmmm, you mean that the ending didnot follow the LN's? I feel the ending was really average and actually a letdown compared to what was going before is

Nah. It follows the ending of the LN. I'm talking how the LN in general felt less rushed from the standpoint of looking at the entirety of the S2 adaptation, or at least Ketsu especially. I didn't like the novel ending, it's one of the things they kept intact that I didn't like.
Mar 27, 2016 10:16 AM

Jul 2015
I enjoyed the ending, but these posts are tempting me get more out of the LN ^^

Quick question though. Why does Celty tell Shinra that they'll be together forever? Is that just to sound romantic, or is there more to it? Earlier on, Celty said she'd stay headless until Shinra passes away.
Mar 27, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2013
Liked how just about all Issues were resolved and totally be able to do another sequal.
Only thing I was disappointed was the relationship between Varona and Shizou they are pretty good together and hoped Varona would open up more to him
Mar 27, 2016 1:54 PM

Jan 2014
It felt rushed in some aspects but all in all it wraps things nicely.

Celty takes care of the whole trouble by literally and figuratively wrapping up the loose ends.

Izaya has shown he can one-on-one Shizuo after he was distracted and wanted to provoke him into killing him so as to damage him I guess? But in the end he lives and flees, apparently to never return, that kisses this asshole goodbye only wreck trouble wherever he goes out next.

Shinra as he has been professing for nearly his entire existence decided to play the villain he so utterly claimed he would for Celty's sake and he did by both forcing her to come after him and by once more severing the link between body and head. I never expected Shizuo to catapult him in order to do that though.

Nasujima just showed how much of a pathetic villain he is after failing miserably once more in achieving whatever vengeance he tried to get, getting played by the very thing he thought he was controlling, getting rammed himself and ending up as a sextoy for Haruna. Guess this asshole is gonna understand the meaning of being a plaything for freaking finally, and it serves him right for being the scumbag he is. Happy nights Takashi.

Namie pulverizes Shingen (as he usually gets) and Seiji seemingly accepts Saki a something else than just accepting her love but as important, that's relevant and hopefully he gets over his obsession with the head and learns to treasure her properly.

Shizuo and Varona have more synergy than ever and promise to meet again. I guess that kisses our Russian friends goodbye? Wonder if that means all of them are gonna be gone, that's a shame.

Celty and Shinra are happily and now ride together to escape angry cop. Well I guess she must really love life with Shinra if she's willing to still face the one and only individual that can terrify her.

The trio finally is together after so many trials and tribulations. Anri accepts her feelings. Masaomi stays (I guess) and Mikado accepts that he does not need something extraordinary but just something real to keep himself moving forward.

All the villains got their asses kicked, move on, or lay to rest for now. As Izaya leaves, Takashi got what he deserved, and Aoba got halted by our favourite Yakuza who is intent on protecting Anri and Mikado, so no more mischief for now. I wonder what happened with Izumi, did he get burnt by Innocentus or what? Kujiragi saves Hijiribe from his psycho stalker.

Anyway what ends well is well I guess. That was a fantastic ride in every way.
Mar 27, 2016 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
From the beginning until the finale was epic! Mikado sacrifices for Anri, Izaya runs away,,, Shizuo and Vorona became more friendly, Celty and his boyfriend got more approached (I forget is name...) and that's it. All the mysteries, all the secrets and all the lies no longer exists! ^.^ 10/10
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 27, 2016 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
It was ok, not my favorite season, but w/e.

Mar 27, 2016 8:08 PM

Sep 2008
This was an amazing ride. Still everything isn't quite clear to me and some things are kinda odd, but it was amazing.
Still I expected some heads to roll, this is too much of a happy ending for the shit everyone did...
<3 <3 <3 Kei is love <3 <3 <3
Mar 27, 2016 8:57 PM

Apr 2012
So its finally done Durarara was a great ride 8/10 just wished it could have kept going am truly going to miss it.
Mar 28, 2016 5:08 AM

Apr 2011
renzospark said:
The Shizuo vs Izaya scene was disappointed.. It would be interesting if they make a movie or at least an OVA about their full fight lol.. I'm also glad to see Varona getting closer to Shizuo, my #1 OTP from this series xD Finally its already ended. Mikado can reunited again with his friends.. All of the chaos that occurred in the town of Ikebukuro was finally completed..

Idk but I have a feeling that they will animate another season someday :) My rate for this cour is 9/10

Completely agree. The fight was one of the only major disappointing things for me. Also, shizuona 4ever. Hopefully this ship gains more popularity in the aftermath, it's very cute.

Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
Truly sorry to see this anime end. I enjoyed it, although I feel so much more could have been done with it.

I was really disappointed in Mikado's actions and choices toward the end; total cop out IMO. After all he had been through, it seems he learned nothing and gained no strength. OMG, he simply resorted back to the boy who arrived in Ikebukuro in the first series. What was with that passive/aggressive crap?

A few characters got short-changed at the end... Shizou's brother (what happned with him?), they showed Ruri, but that irrelevant scene left me a bit confused.

Unfortunately, Saki was just there. I expected her to be more help to Mikado and instigate her presence as his girlfriend, but nothing so dramatic was forthcoming.

I really wanted to see the the twins reaction to the seriousness of Shizou and Izaya's fight. Honestly, I kept thinking when Shizou landed that punch, it should have been a replica of the same punch he used on the tractor. Ohh... Izaya wouldn't have walked away from that one.

Everything ShizouxVerona, I love. Too bad for them; I could really see something there, the author should have exploited them more romantically, I think.

This is so weird, but really wanted Namie to be in the back seat of that car with Izaya. Can't quite see them as a couple, but I know those two messed up minds could wreck havoc somewhere else.

All in all, Shinra is the man!!! Celty you lucky, headless, Dullahan **sighs**

Awesome ending!

Yeah, most of what you're dissatisfied with I'm also not really happy about either. Kasuga and Ruri get a lot more closure in the light novel, if that's any consolation. (sigh/ I half expected Namie to just pop up in the backseat, I mean no way would she abandon Seiji, but I was still hopeful.)

BGMaxie said:
It felt rushed in some aspects but all in all it wraps things nicely.

Celty takes care of the whole trouble by literally and figuratively wrapping up the loose ends.

Izaya has shown he can one-on-one Shizuo after he was distracted and wanted to provoke him into killing him so as to damage him I guess? But in the end he lives and flees, apparently to never return, that kisses this asshole goodbye only wreck trouble wherever he goes out next.

Shinra as he has been professing for nearly his entire existence decided to play the villain he so utterly claimed he would for Celty's sake and he did by both forcing her to come after him and by once more severing the link between body and head. I never expected Shizuo to catapult him in order to do that though.

Nasujima just showed how much of a pathetic villain he is after failing miserably once more in achieving whatever vengeance he tried to get, getting played by the very thing he thought he was controlling, getting rammed himself and ending up as a sextoy for Haruna. Guess this asshole is gonna understand the meaning of being a plaything for freaking finally, and it serves him right for being the scumbag he is. Happy nights Takashi.

Namie pulverizes Shingen (as he usually gets) and Seiji seemingly accepts Saki a something else than just accepting her love but as important, that's relevant and hopefully he gets over his obsession with the head and learns to treasure her properly.

Shizuo and Varona have more synergy than ever and promise to meet again. I guess that kisses our Russian friends goodbye? Wonder if that means all of them are gonna be gone, that's a shame.

Celty and Shinra are happily and now ride together to escape angry cop. Well I guess she must really love life with Shinra if she's willing to still face the one and only individual that can terrify her.

The trio finally is together after so many trials and tribulations. Anri accepts her feelings. Masaomi stays (I guess) and Mikado accepts that he does not need something extraordinary but just something real to keep himself moving forward.

All the villains got their asses kicked, move on, or lay to rest for now. As Izaya leaves, Takashi got what he deserved, and Aoba got halted by our favourite Yakuza who is intent on protecting Anri and Mikado, so no more mischief for now. I wonder what happened with Izumi, did he get burnt by Innocentus or what? Kujiragi saves Hijiribe from his psycho stalker.

Anyway what ends well is well I guess. That was a fantastic ride in every way.

Yep, really fantastic way to end it, would have been better if they perhaps attempted an hour long finale, but what can you do?
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed. :)

8/10
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Mar 28, 2016 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
....Didn't like this season i'm afraid, ending felt really rushed. I've just been completely confused for a while about Mikado's development, seemed very strange to me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 28, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2015
Well that was a fun ride. Nice to see that everything is back to being nice and it's just the perfect ending really. I was definitely expecting someone to die but yeah.. Celty x Shinra is the best thing ever, also might be a spoiler depending on whether they animate the 3 year skip

Mar 28, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
A very nice way to wrap things up. Loved it!

I'm feeling rather content about all this. Not much else to say. I love the huge amount of characters and it's been great to see the story unfold. The soundtrack will be missed too <3

I'd say 9/10 this season. Durarara as a whole? 10/10 good stuff.
Mar 28, 2016 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
Axelucard said:
god damn her feets are huge lol

SHE FEET TOO BIG FOR SHE GOTDAMN BOOT
Mar 28, 2016 3:27 PM
Jul 2018
Radnitzky1890 said:
Axelucard said:
god damn her feets are huge lol

SHE FEET TOO BIG FOR SHE GOTDAMN BOOT

now that's what i call
QUALITY ANIMATION
Mar 28, 2016 5:25 PM

Jan 2015
Good finale for the series, gonna miss the drama Durarara provided, one of the best seasons.
Mar 28, 2016 7:30 PM

Jun 2012
Enyo- said:
why are some people saying izaya is dead? he said he didn't want a monster(shizuo) at his deathbed does that mean he knew he's going to die????????????? so confused rn

Mar 30, 2016 12:16 AM

Feb 2013
God damn it this show is awesome!!!!

9/10 just like all the previous seasons
Mar 30, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2014
Damn! The finale was too awesome!
I really enjoyed it and I'm gonna miss this!
So, I'll rate this a 9 out of 10 score overall!
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 30, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
I'm still salting

removed-userMar 30, 2016 10:37 AM
Mar 30, 2016 2:49 PM
Feb 2013
Great ending! Ketsu really picked up the x2 series and made it really enjoyable for me! Hope they make a sequel with the new characters.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

158 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2016

117 by Karva1 »»
Apr 22, 8:59 PM

» Favorite Durarara Character ( 1 2 )

daze3x - Feb 20, 2016

73 by Archfiend836 »»
Feb 13, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

85 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Ketsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

95 by corvKa »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.