Forum Settings
Forums

Why do poeple watch sequels to anime they hate?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 1, 2015 5:23 PM

May 2013
In the hopes that they will get better.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jun 1, 2015 5:41 PM

Aug 2014
There are some series that gets better in the sequels.
So, they took gamble on it, perhaps? To-Love Ru on the other hand, not in this category though, but who cares, people watching it for PLOT anyways.
Jun 1, 2015 5:44 PM

Apr 2014
Kay_Lite said:
So, they took gamble on it, perhaps? To-Love Ru on the other hand, not in this category though, but who cares, people watching it for PLOT anyways.
im saying tho if u hate harem and ecchi

y continue to watch 3 or 4 seasons of it lol
Jun 1, 2015 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
Moodie said:
Kay_Lite said:
im saying tho if u hate harem and ecchi

y continue to watch 3 or 4 seasons of it lol

Even going out of their way to watch the ova version to it as well, then give it a 1/10. I've seen this a lot as well.

I truly think a lot of people exaggerate their scores. Or maybe they didn't watch the series and just gave it a low score just because they hate the series.
Jun 1, 2015 6:06 PM

Dec 2012
They're tsunderes who secretly like the show.

Why would I watch the sequel of something I hate? I'm curious if it gets better, I wanna complete it, I want a bigger list, I want to hate on it, I'm a masochist, I don't want to be left outta the loop when people discuss about it. Loads of reasons. I think you have a higher chance of paying attention to something if you hate it rather than finding it boring.
Jun 1, 2015 11:28 PM

Mar 2015
Roth said:
They're tsunderes who secretly like the show.
lel, best answer soo far.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 2, 2015 12:35 AM

Jul 2013
I bet those peeps who keep shitting on Owari no Seraph are gonna watch its second season like with Aldnoah.
Jun 2, 2015 12:41 AM
Nov 2014
So I can shit on it lmao.
Jun 2, 2015 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
I bet those peeps who keep shitting on Owari no Seraph are gonna watch its second season like with Aldnoah.
pfft. *tsunderes*

isn't it already happened with sao 2?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 2, 2015 12:50 AM

Jul 2013
Unyilkdr said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
pfft. *tsunderes*

isn't it already happened with sao 2?

Well kinda. Aldnoah and Owar are split seasons. There's only one major plot unlike SAO where there are different arcs so there's some chance that it will get better.

I might be wrong though as I haven't seen both anime.
Jun 2, 2015 1:30 AM

May 2015
I watch garbage sequels just for the fun of it and shit it on my list.
TheGoldenLionJun 2, 2015 6:23 AM
Jun 2, 2015 1:40 AM

Aug 2012
Just so they can grow their list -..- ...ooor they just like being tortured with boredom.
Jun 2, 2015 2:45 AM

Jun 2014
Because they're fucking stupid.
:3
Jun 2, 2015 3:14 AM

Jun 2014
iThoughtSheWas16 said:
Because people are masochists.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 2, 2015 4:31 AM
Jul 2012
Because they're giving it a second chance?
Why would they watch the first season to begin with if they didn't like it?
Jun 2, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2014
Tenshi_Shura said:
thing is its not really a second season its split cour meaning its part of 1 entity but its split up to increase profits, give more time for quality control, and other economic reasons….its not as if its a second season all together but mal will be mal
Jun 2, 2015 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
Moodie said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
thing is its not really a second season its split cour meaning its part of 1 entity but its split up to increase profits, give more time for quality control, and other economic reasons….its not as if its a second season all together but mal will be mal

Well I knew that it was split cour. I just didn't know how to phrase it correctly.
Jun 2, 2015 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
IntroverTurtle said:

I said watching only good shows will eventually become boring, like eating the same meal every day, no matter how good it was it will eventually get boring.

Woah, that doesn't make any sense, and your logic is flawed.

Watching only good shows is nothing like eating the same meal every day, it's like eating a well cooked, well seasoned meal everyday. You don't choose to eat a shitty meal just to end up valuing your good meal better, you choose to go to places you know taste good and change it up. The same goes for shows. People will stay away from shows other people strongly recommend against and will gravitate towards more hyped and praised shows. Anime is no different from western media and TV. You don't see people watching crappy TV series, you see everyone talking about and watching the same TV series. Anime is no different.

Variety is the spice of life, but that does not include quality. Nobody would purposefully choose something of lower quality if possible unless they were a masochist or there is actually no other choice; or they just didn't know what they were choosing is of low quality.
Jun 2, 2015 11:06 PM

Mar 2015
Back in the day, the longer an anime ran, the better it got. That doesn't really apply like it used to, but every so often, after a series first season, and with constructive feedback, the creators will improve their anime. Many anime start with a good story but weak characters, poor animation, or some other issue. They have potential, and sometimes it takes a little bit to get there.

Jun 2, 2015 11:50 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
'Cause I'm a masochist completionist, though I can always find something to like even in bad shows.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 3, 2015 2:13 AM

Mar 2015
BatoKusanagi said:
'Cause I'm a masochist completionist, though I can always find something to like even in bad shows.
did you find something in utsu musume sayuri? please i need enlightment about this anime. even i can understand shitcom and nami, i can't understand it.
Jun 3, 2015 7:21 AM
Apr 2015
They like to whine and waste their time
Jun 3, 2015 8:42 AM

May 2015
i watch SAO then like wtf and then i watch SAO II and im like what is this better or worse then im like just stop watching freind
Jun 3, 2015 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
I'm compulsive about finishing series lol Idk even if ut sucks I'll still watch the coming seasons but then again I rarely watch stuff I don't like to begin with.
Jun 3, 2015 9:52 AM

May 2015
Because it's fun to review bad stuff. You can learn a lot about what anime does right by looking at the awful stuff.

Also, some things redeem themselves by the end. Digimon Adventure is dull for the most part, but the Etemon arc was a blast and the first episode of Dark Masters looks great. So, it just might be worth to stick around.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 3, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2014
For the sake of completion
Jun 12, 2015 9:24 PM

Dec 2013
I'm curious to see how the anime will end up so I'll watch the sequel.
Jun 12, 2015 9:28 PM
Nov 2013
I usually watch sequels to anime I liked, and they typically end up failing.
Jun 12, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2008
I'm not one of these people. If I hate the first one, I won't give the second one a thought. Sometimes sequels ARE better........but if I hate the show, it means I hate the characters and that really can't be fixed.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 7

132 by TsutanaiFuun »»
23 seconds ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

131 by Alriven »»
46 seconds ago

» MAL Clubs

Ryzenn11_ - 3 hours ago

5 by JaaShooUhh »»
1 minute ago

» Anticipated summer 2024 for anime

ani2016 - Jun 10

15 by Luthandorius »»
4 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 27

51 by tchitchouan »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.