Forum Settings
Forums

Do you still think fondly of your first Anime?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2015 11:35 PM

Jun 2014
my first was Madoka Magica and it's still my favourite
Apr 14, 2015 12:43 AM
Dec 2014
The first anime I knowingly watched was either Naruto or D. Gray Man, still love both of these today. Technically Pokemon is the first anime I watched though, it got old after the Hoenn region...
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Apr 14, 2015 2:39 AM

Apr 2014
I still love pokemon, maybe not the anime anymore but the franchise itself is one of my favorites.
Apr 14, 2015 2:54 AM

Oct 2013
NoblePhantaZm said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:
btw I JUST checked out Digimon Adveture Tri. WTF!!?? SEQUEL!? And the same chacters too lol I hope its not dumbed down crap. I gotta rewatch the series again lol

Supposedly it's supposed to be more directed at people who were kids during the original Digimon Adventure. At least that's what was reported of it. It's also going to have the same Japanese OP (Butterfly) redone by the original artist. Needless to say I'm pretty fuckin hype!

If thats the case U'm guessing they may go for a more mature vibe wj=hich is what iI'm hoping for.

Honestly though. I rewatching the 1st season........not what I remembered lol its just waaay too kidish. I do remember not liking the 1st few episodes either though. Unless I'm just tricking myself into thinking that lol So weird to watch it in japanese. I cant stand dub but hearing it in japanese is just....weird....the soundtrack is different. I prefer the English soundtrack but the voice acting just doesnt work lol. Im so lost.

I remember things getting more serious and darker in the 2nd season. I hope thats the case.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 14, 2015 2:55 AM

Nov 2014
Apr 14, 2015 3:05 AM
Aug 2014
daAmazinFatB0y said:
NoblePhantaZm said:

Supposedly it's supposed to be more directed at people who were kids during the original Digimon Adventure. At least that's what was reported of it. It's also going to have the same Japanese OP (Butterfly) redone by the original artist. Needless to say I'm pretty fuckin hype!

If thats the case U'm guessing they may go for a more mature vibe wj=hich is what iI'm hoping for.

Honestly though. I rewatching the 1st season........not what I remembered lol its just waaay too kidish. I do remember not liking the 1st few episodes either though. Unless I'm just tricking myself into thinking that lol So weird to watch it in japanese. I cant stand dub but hearing it in japanese is just....weird....the soundtrack is different. I prefer the English soundtrack but the voice acting just doesnt work lol. Im so lost.

I remember things getting more serious and darker in the 2nd season. I hope thats the case.

I'm in the middle of rewatching it now too actually. It's certainly not the same from being a kid no, but it's definitely aged a lot better than even the Japanese version of Pokemon. Plus I have a good feeling the 2nd half will be much better. I remember it getting way more serious after they returned to the real world.
Apr 14, 2015 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
NoblePhantaZm said:
daAmazinFatB0y said:

Oh shit they return? IO forgot that! I best keep watching!

I'm in the middle of rewatching it now too actually. It's certainly not the same from being a kid no, but it's definitely aged a lot better than even the Japanese version of Pokemon. Plus I have a good feeling the 2nd half will be much better. I remember it getting way more serious after they returned to the real world.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 14, 2015 4:02 AM

May 2014
McGibletz said:
Hell yes. It's one of my favorites
Apr 14, 2015 4:22 AM

Apr 2014
What's anime is first anime? I haven't seen that one yet.

I forgot what my first anime was :*(. Time to commit anime suicide by watching Buko no Pico.
Apr 14, 2015 4:30 AM

May 2011
Sailor Moon was my first... which I don't really much remember, so I don't suppose I hold it fondly. Pokemon thereafter I don't, either... Digimon I do, though.
Apr 14, 2015 4:47 AM

Dec 2013
Yes! I still love Pokemon ♡o。.(✿ฺ。 ✿ฺ) If i feel down or sad Pokemon always makes day better °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Apr 14, 2015 1:46 PM

Jan 2014
Well, my first animes were the typical children shows like Pokémon, Digimon and Beyblade. They are nostalgic as heck, but I cant say I favor them any more. But DBZ I still hold high.
"Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight. Waiting on the doorstep for the cold starlight."
Apr 14, 2015 1:47 PM
Nov 2014
Of course.
Apr 15, 2015 3:40 AM
Dec 2014
Bleach was the first anime that got me into anime. It was then that i realised anime was already part of my life when i didn't realise it - Digimon, pokemon, dbz, yu gi oh were my first ones from back in the day
Apr 15, 2015 3:44 AM

Apr 2015
Gurren is love, Lagann is life.
Apr 15, 2015 4:26 AM

Mar 2012
Well, the first anime that I watched that I knew was an anime was Escaflowne...and yes, I still think very highly of it.

Although, the first anime I watched that was technically an anime (and I didn't know it) was Little Nemo: Adventures In Slumberland. I had a low opinion of it then and I have a low opinion of it now.
Apr 15, 2015 4:27 AM

Feb 2014
Cookkiez said:

But together they're shit.

Just kidding, not watched the whole thing yet.
Where the fuck did Monday go?
Apr 15, 2015 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
DarkStarr96 said:
Cookkiez said:

But together they're shit.

Going into this show with low expectations is the right move.
Apr 15, 2015 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Like many others DBZ was my first anime. Mostly from the beginning all the way up to finishing the Cell Saga before I called it quits.

Although I still have fond memories of the show and still think it's cool, I'm a lot older now than I was when I watched it for the first time and long running battle shounen type shows like DBZ no longer appeal to me anymore. It's been like 15 years, and in that time I've grown into a much different person, as well as refined my tastes and experience with anime, and I look at the show a lot differently now than I used to.

So basically... do I look at DBZ fondly? Yes. Do I still think it's a good show? Hell no.
Apr 15, 2015 1:30 PM
Apr 2015
My first anime was Deadman Wonderland. I only finished it last year because the sure I was watching it on at the time didn't have the last episode so I assumed it just has a weird ending (for a weird anime). I hear that it's quite hated on but I would be very happy to see a second season.
Apr 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Aug 2009
I still like Sailor moon, Naruto and DBZ a lot. I mean, I haven't seen them in a long time, but I'm sure i'll really enjoy rewatching them. ^^
Apr 15, 2015 2:00 PM
Apr 2015
My first anime was either Death Note or Attack on Titan. Yeah I just got into it.
Apr 15, 2015 2:03 PM
Sep 2014
Icire said:
My first anime was either Death Note or Attack on Titan. Yeah I just got into it.

You never had dbz or something on TV in your childhood?
Apr 15, 2015 3:41 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, my first anime is Slam Dunk. Despite its notable flaws due to the constraints in 90s, it is still brilliant
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Apr 15, 2015 4:12 PM

Apr 2015
My first anime was Lucky Star, which I saw when I was like seven or eight. I didn't understand a lot of things considering I was so young haha. All I really remember is that anime perfectly fit the cliche of what non otakus think of anime. A bunch of cute school girls having conversations all day and talking about sugoi kissu kissu. I actually really enjoyed it back then, but after re-watching a few episodes recently I changed my mind
SylvettiaApr 15, 2015 6:07 PM
Apr 15, 2015 4:37 PM

Jan 2012
First Anime's were Dragon Ball Z, Naruto, Bleach, Digimon , Pokemon , Yu-Gi-Oh , Medabots , FMA and Tsubasa Chronicles.

Out of all of them I'll only ever considering rewatching FMA and Tsubasa Chronicles, the rest were bad (For me at least), and looking back the more I watch anime the more mediocre everything starts to seem , and when I see what anime some of my friends (Casual anime watchers) are watching and my jaw drops open when I notice how entertained they are by some of that $#%& like Bokusatsu Tenshi , Green green , Occult Academy etc.
Apr 15, 2015 5:09 PM

Dec 2014
I still adore my first anime, "The Mysterious Cities of Gold". Yes, there are better ones these days that I like more but it's still sitting in my DVD collection and has been watched a couple of times since buying it.
Apr 15, 2015 5:32 PM

Apr 2015
I have the OP and Ending of Digimon ( the first and the best one) and I cri evrytiem .

Blonde hair is best hair.
Apr 15, 2015 6:47 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yeah, I'm still going 'Terryyyyyy'. I'm talking Candy Candy btw

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Apr 15, 2015 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
I don't like my my first few anime very much now that I've seen better ones. But, I still remember how I used to watch again and again and again, so I just got tired of it.
Just pretend I have a signature here
Apr 15, 2015 6:56 PM

Dec 2013
The anime that got me into anime was Rosario Vampire...so no.
Apr 15, 2015 7:25 PM

Oct 2011
I feel very nostalgic and somewhat sad when I look back and realize that Naruto has already ended (in the manga)
Apr 15, 2015 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
Knowles said:
The anime that got me into anime was Rosario Vampire...so no.

Rosario Vampire was your first anime? *Wince*
Apr 15, 2015 9:47 PM

Apr 2013
My first anime was Lucky Star. I guess I do still like it,but I'm not sure if I would now watch an anime that has a whole episode where they just talk about eating sweets. XD
Apr 15, 2015 9:52 PM

May 2012
First anime was FLCL at 2:00 in the morning on adult swim after finishing a stupidly long english project. Still the best anime I've ever seen, or rewatched so many times.
Apr 15, 2015 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
It's interesting, how can I dislike something that I liked so much just recently. Yet, this is the case for a decent amount of shows I watched in the past. I still remember waking up friday mornings at 5AM because the new Fairy Tail would be released, I used to think about it almost every day. Now, looking back on it and re-watching some episodes and watching the new seasons, it just doesn't live up to the expectations that my memory has. So no, I don't think fondly of my first anime, well not all of them.

I guess it comes down to a change in taste, after experiencing more of the medium, some of the stuff I watched at the start just seems awfully bland and I can't really get my head around why I enjoyed them back then. I guess I was more laid back and also had very little experience so I had nothing to compare it to.
Apr 15, 2015 10:23 PM
Aug 2014
imjustjk said:
First anime was FLCL at 2:00 in the morning on adult swim after finishing a stupidly long english project. Still the best anime I've ever seen, or rewatched so many times.

Wow FLCL as a first anime would be bizarre to say the least!
Apr 15, 2015 11:14 PM
Apr 2015
The first I remember watching is Sailor Moon with my sister as a kid. I tried re-watching it the other year and parts of it were funny but as a TV show it was unwatchably repetitive. I still have a lot of nostalgia for it though, along with pokemon and whatever. It just doesn`t mean I can or want to go back!
Apr 15, 2015 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
I don't consider Pokémon or DBZ to be my first anime like most people. In 2012, the anime that led me into other anime was Naruto (I started watching it fully in 2009, but dropped it in early 2010 and picked it back up in 2012), which I finished before I even got into anime. After that, I found The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Marathoned it in 1 whole day, including the movie. Have since rewatched it about 5 or 6 times already. I still think very fondly of it, and IMO it's one of the best anime I've ever seen, even to this day.
Apr 16, 2015 12:06 PM

May 2014
Fuck yeah I do

"Pokemon I choose you!"
Apr 22, 2015 11:03 AM
Feb 2015
No, mine was Gundam Wing. At the time, I thought it was epic. These days, heck no.
Apr 22, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
Mobile Suit Gundam. I love it even more when re-watching.

Apr 22, 2015 6:28 PM

Dec 2013
Even though I had watched other random episodes of anime before, I consider SAO my first real anime experience as it was the first show that I got really attached to. I remember that also gave me my first "void" feeling from anime. Although subsequent rewatch experiences weren't as good, the second ED always fills me with waves of nostalgia.
Apr 22, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2015
While i heavily criticize the Naruto series,i got to admit,i will never get tired of the second opening to the original series.To this day,i still think of it as some of the best openings in anime.
Apr 22, 2015 11:24 PM

Oct 2013
Yep, it will always be my favorite TV show!
Apr 22, 2015 11:36 PM

May 2014
First anime I can remember watching is Inuyasha and that show sucks dick. It was entertaining when I was a kid but the MC seriously used the same move for like 100 eps, and then used the improved version of that move for the remaining eps. And then that time where the bitch had a clear shot at the antagonist with her bow and didn't take the shot? Mother of fucking god I've never been so frustrated.
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Apr 23, 2015 12:00 AM

Jun 2014
My first anime was Death Note. I love the first half of it, back when it was all "Light vs L" but the second half? Nah. Fuck that half. So I guess I'm more like 'eeeh I'll watch until I get to THAT episode, and then meh.'
Apr 23, 2015 12:28 AM

Dec 2011
Flume said:
I still consider Naruto a masterpiece, yes.

Hell yea
Apr 23, 2015 6:02 AM

Oct 2014
My friend texted me and said, "Hey man you've gotta check out this new show I found on youtube, it's awesome you'll get addicted." I was like alright, why not.

That anime was Death Note, and I still look back on it very fondly. I remember loving the story, getting caught by every cliffhanger, and binging the whole show in 2-3 days. Looking back objectively, I feel as though a 10 may be too high (might lower it to a 9), but I still love it for what it is and for getting me interested in anime.
Apr 23, 2015 6:05 AM

Jun 2014
My first was Attack On Titan and sadly I do not think very hightly of it now becouse I enjoy/enjoyed other shows more. The anime that really got me into anime was Death Note. =)
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are the most iconic anime scenes

Gashadokur0 - May 29

22 by Ricchan__ »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime character has the most annoying/toxic haters? ( 1 2 3 )

Adimus_prime - Mar 8, 2021

137 by APolygons2 »»
26 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

35 by alshu »»
27 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Apr 27

100 by The-Mighty-Ranzo »»
31 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

36 by 23feanor »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.