Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 20, 2015 10:09 AM
Jul 2014
this anime is a Bomb of Emotion ...
I prepared a short poem , Ehm Ehm

Cruel is what you really are ,
For you to tear this heart and let it shed tears
Shaking the emotions out of me
to get those tears so you could see

Anyway , each episode manages to hit me in the critical spot of my heart .
It so real and .... Agh .... I need to breath out of it so I can live my life though I want to leave in Anime world ..
Feb 20, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2012
The way how Nagi acts is cute. Their duet was amazing, competing with each other.

I don't want Kaori to die, Kousei is nothing without her.

I hope Kaori will play again.
Feb 20, 2015 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
Oh this anime is so cruel to my heart ): that duet was really nice. That ending though...
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Feb 20, 2015 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
DoctorWasabi said:
They really should have ended this anime when Arima solved his deal with him not hearing the notes because of his mother.

So much this
removed-userFeb 20, 2015 2:17 PM
Feb 20, 2015 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
Another fantastic episode. Arima and Nagi's performance was amazing.
Arima trying to take over, but Nagi keeping up and not giving up.
Lol at Takeshi being over protective of his sister.
Another competition coming up for them both to duke it out.
Kaori singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star again.
Arima asking her to perform one more time with him. This must happen.
Been a while since we last saw her laughing.
As always looking forward to next weeks episode.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 20, 2015 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
So 4 episodes left huh...sigh, i wanted more of Emi.
Feb 20, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2007
Cannot unsee giant nosehair.

That being said, Arima is a fucking hero. Bring on the sadness, I can weather it with Arima at the wheel! >:D
TachiiFeb 24, 2015 5:40 PM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Feb 20, 2015 6:53 PM

Feb 2008
The ending to this show will make the waterfalls come out in full force...
Feb 20, 2015 7:16 PM

Sep 2010
That was an amazing performance, I love when a duet happens. Great episode no depressed feelings
Feb 20, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2014
upcoming feels ;_; and also the opening was better. The waltz was great and gosh kaori it would be splendid if you're there D:
Feb 20, 2015 9:32 PM
Jul 2018
I needed an episode like this from this anime; this was seriously refreshing to watch from the usual drama. Nagi and Kousei duet was awesome to watch and Takeshi was hilarious.
Feb 20, 2015 11:31 PM

Dec 2014
Love the duet between Arima and Nagi. Nagi is too cute in this episode.

Takeshi being an overprotective bro. Arima showing a bit more confidence with Kaori at the end.
Feb 21, 2015 3:28 AM

May 2013
Nagi was so cute! Hahaha! Her performance together with Kousei was spectacular. Takeshi getting a misunderstanding after that. Looks like the challenge has been declared and Kousei answers in silence like he accepts it. Looking forward for December.
That final scene at the rooftop was heartwarming. "Please perform with me one more time."
Feb 21, 2015 4:49 AM

Apr 2011
Congrats on the first time Kousei didn't screw up a piano performance in a while.

Everything went better than expected, so we can expect some shit to happen next week.

Feb 21, 2015 6:29 AM
Jul 2013
Smudy said:
Best episode. Masterpiece quality. To me, everything was near perfect, the music (no added visuals like in Emi's and Kousei's performance, just the music speaks for itself), the comedy (Takeshi blowing up, Nagi and whats-his-name fighting over Arima) and the emotion (Kaori and Kousei on the rooftop)

Fuck, man.

You said it all xD
Feb 21, 2015 8:48 AM
Mar 2014
Milchy said:
Could anyone link me the song on YT that they were playing ?

http://youtu.be/FJzYwLKp3ZU
i didn´t found the longest version in piano
Feb 21, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
I can't formulate words at how much I love this show. I get jitters just thinking about it. That episode was just... I don't know. I'm awestruck by every episode.
Feb 21, 2015 2:41 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good episode overall. The dual performance was very nice, didn't expect Kousei to be so forceful, but i knew what he was doing the second he started doing it - challenging her to better and not back down, yet at the same time giving her a head start and supporting her.

It seems like Kaji Yuuki is always the undercover sis-con - first Ayato, now Takeshi. I'm really glad Nagi respects Kousei now. It seems like Kaori can't help but want to perform again, and leave it to the jackass to pry her out of her shell, so it seems like there will be one last stand (or maybe she doesn't die... yeah, didn't really believe that). With 4 episodes left, this should start moving a little faster.

So... you gonna let Kousei have his way with you, Nagi?

4/5

Still can't get used to Kaneki and Ayato talking to eachother in such a comic relief way...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Feb 21, 2015 3:09 PM
Apr 2009
Probably the best episode.
I really loved it.
Feb 21, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2008
This episode was beautiful. This series is just... honestly, it leaves me speechless. Then the brilliantly heartbreaking ending plays... it's lovely.

I loved this episode. Kousei had a flawless play, he and Nagi were wonderful together... and maybe I kinda loved Takeshi.

Feb 21, 2015 6:14 PM

Jan 2015
The whole duet performance from Episode 18:
Bontakun65May 21, 2015 3:20 AM
Feb 21, 2015 6:45 PM

Nov 2014
The performance made me realise Kousei hasn't performed with Kaori since he has been able to play the piano without being able to listen to it. I'm really glad Kousei asked to perform with her.

Also watching Kaori listening to Kousei and Nagi playing, that made me tear up. Really sad.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 21, 2015 9:34 PM

Nov 2011
Milchy said:
Could anyone link me the song on YT that they were playing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2tDr0SS8rE
Tchaivovsky - Rose Adagio
Originally an orchestral
Though replying to you is POINTLESS AT THIS FUCKING POINT

This anime really knows how to piss me off. It has so much goddamn potential, the music's always great (well shit OF COURSE, IT'S CLASSICAL), the director knows how to manipulate the elements in the anime VERY well and has very good sense of cinematography, but you know

the chibi/moe/deformation outbursts kill it all

Which is why I CAN'T WAIT for used-to-be-blonde-or-yellow bitch to die
zetsu_shorenFeb 21, 2015 9:37 PM
Feb 21, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

A LOT of character growth for Nagi, and even some for Kousei too, with the whole "I cant concentrate. I can still hear the sound of the piano".

Yo Takeshi, Kousei's totally banging your sister, brah.

Looks like Kousei and Kaori will get one last performance in, which makes me incredibly happy because the lack of implied multiple performances between them that never happened kind of pissed me off.

Next episode, Goodbye Hero, and shows a picture of the big 3. Perhaps it means Goodbye Kousei, because he's the hero Takeshi and Emi looked up to all these years. Yet, he's not their hero anymore. He's become a totally different pianist who cant truly be a part of their world anymore.
Feb 21, 2015 11:11 PM
Oct 2014
Kaori's color is getting paler and paler... I wonder if they will really be able to perform together again..

Glad there is almost no Tsubaki this ep...

One month left till the end.. and the anticipation just keep me shiver
Feb 21, 2015 11:50 PM

Feb 2013
mbahamood said:
Kaori's color is getting paler and paler... I wonder if they will really be able to perform together again..

Nah, all the way through this anime I've been reminded of minus the ecchi.

Hope things turn out well, but we're not gonna get any Clannad miracles here
Feb 22, 2015 1:03 AM

Dec 2011
Another beautiful episode. Nagi and Arima helping each other.

Really love Takeshi in his sis con mode. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2009
Nagi was so kawaii! Takeshi jealous was priceless hehehe
Kao-chan!!! I really wish you could realize your dream again =/
Feb 22, 2015 4:29 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.
I like the performance of Nagi and Kousei and also I'm looking forward to Kousei and Kaori playing music together again.
Feb 22, 2015 6:51 AM

Dec 2012
For everyone wondering what "Elohim, Essaim..I implore you means". It's a phrase that appears in Book of Black Magic and II Grand Grimoire.

Apparently Elohim means "God and powers" and Essaim means "Locusts or Swarm" which is associated with the anti-god part.

It basically means that the performer is offering his or her soul to the gods and demons to capture the hearts of his or her audience's hearts.

Feb 22, 2015 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
Robson Piano Duo. Adagio. Pas D'Action (Rose Adagio from Sleeping Beauty) Tchaikovsky/Rachmaninoff.
(The first part of the duet played by Kousei-kun and Nagi-chan)
Feb 22, 2015 8:46 AM

Dec 2013
The pacing and execution of this episode was a perfect 10. I loved that they packed just the performance, the necessary flashbacks as well as Miike's confrontation with Nagi all into this episode, and didn't add any unnecessary filler stuff (though the Miike/Nagi scene was a lot funnier in the manga admittedly).

Once again, Nagi has proven herself to be best girl. Whilst it's a tragedy to know what will come to pass in the next four episodes, I'm going to console myself with the fact that I am reliving Kaori's experiences, all the funny and memorable moments, specifically her playing the Melodica with a bunch of kid patients, and calling Kousei a jackass.

Four more episodes till we say adieu...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 22, 2015 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
Already finished the manga, but watching these latest episodes still bring tears to my eyes. They're that well-executed and powerful. Simply amazing...
Feb 22, 2015 6:48 PM

Feb 2010
Marry me! LOL, these lolicons
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Feb 22, 2015 7:57 PM

Dec 2012
This episode was beautifully portrayed. The reflection between both Arima and Nagi using music to reach out and touch a certain person's heart. Then the changes in Takeshi to motivate into action with side effects of jealously/rage/imouto <3. Finalizing with a burning star given one more chance to shine as a supernova before...
Feb 23, 2015 12:20 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode. Sucks Kousei is experiencing the same thing with the other woman in his life, but I'm glad he's able to do things on his own now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2015 2:26 AM

Oct 2008
Good duet...nothing more...

Feb 24, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2015
One could imagine that this could be Kousei-kun and Emi-chan when they have grown up :)

They are "Duo T&M(Tomoko & Masayuki Toyo-oka)
Feb 24, 2015 4:47 PM

Apr 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Really nice episode :D Really loving Nagi a lot now :3
Dat duet was so awesome. Kousei is quite the S XD Going evil aura mode. Props to Nagi for keeping up. Really nice ^^ And her smile was really sweet <3

It's amazing how Kousei went from "I can't hear anything" to "I can't concentrate, I can still hear the sound of the piano it's an annoyance" O_o XD

Loved Takeshi's reactions XD Dat jelly oniichan "Don't look at her as a woman" lol

Poor Kaori. Her parts are just so sad D: Playing Air violin and the end with Kousei asking her to perform with him :( Why is life so cruel.

Exactly my thoughts!!!!!!

Also I can't believe there are are only 4 episodes left![
Feb 25, 2015 9:50 AM

Oct 2007
Man MAL is so easily blown away by anything and everything that I sometimes feel like if I was in a room with a bunch of the users here and sneezed....well it's better not to think about potential natural disasters.
Feb 25, 2015 4:39 PM
Aug 2009
Best episode of the season. I mean it. First this amazing performance of Nagi and Kousei, then rooftop talk between Kaori and Kousei. I actually watched that talk twice. It was just so beautiful starting of by saying I can't double suicide with you because that would only be me following you... ah my poor heart :'( And the name of the next episode scared me out, "goodbye hero"? sounds like this is gonna make me cry a lot. thinking these are the last 4 episodes T_T
Feb 25, 2015 4:58 PM

May 2009
The feels train is too strong with this one.
i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Feb 25, 2015 9:51 PM

Dec 2013
I think this episode has the first song Kousei plays without having a breakdown in the middle of it! To be honest, I was waiting for the water to rise up and for the duet to turn into rubbish because of it. Gladly, my expectations were not met -- what a wonderful duet between Kousei and Nagi!

I can't help thinking that Kousei's character development has fallen a little short, in terms of realistic development. What he went through was full-blown child abuse -- and yet he, and the anime in general, regards the mom as loving and "doing the best she could." It's fine for him to forgive her, but I don't even think he registers that she had done any wrong? Again, I'm not sure how I feel about this whole thing... I'm mostly glad that Kousei is slowly building himself back up.

Can't wait for the next episode!
moony
mugen/davekat
they/them pronouns please
Feb 26, 2015 11:44 PM

Feb 2014
Lol gotta love Nagi's "wtf u doin" expression

adaption was decent, only thing that ticked me off was when the clutch-save wasn't animated...Kousei not even shown being badass enough in this adaption ffs

if only I can give a 4.5/5 lol

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 28, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2014
This show is amazing, I can't wait to see what happens!
Hi there
Mar 14, 2015 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
Seeing Kaori pale-coloured all the time is making me feel gloomy.
The performance though was great, nice to see some music.
:)
Mar 15, 2015 1:37 AM
Jul 2018
Very nice episode. Nagi's so great :3
Mar 17, 2015 6:04 PM

Apr 2009
Phantom of the Opera reference, Nagi? LOL Anyway it's your move, Takeshi! At least we're not groping in the darkness of despair now.

I had a question on why Kousei said to himself he's not playing Ravel, diligent search lead me to the answer. Maurice Ravel's "Pavane pour une infante défunte" playing in back in episode 16 means Pavane for a dead princess. It was to complete his earlier sentiment that Kaori was not a princess and he's not playing for a dead princess. @_@ Well I do agree with him.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 19, 2015 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Kousei moving and inspiring people with his playing again and again.

Kousei and Kaori are gonna perform together again. It'll sure be an amazing performance :)
Mar 20, 2015 7:00 PM

Mar 2012
For the first time, he didn't mess up. That's the power of lolis I guess.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1178 by anniemanga »»
May 23, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

332 by Jalexo »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.