Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 16, 2014 6:39 AM

May 2008
binaural said:

death parade... lately, people in the industry are trying too hard to make something "original"

Yeah, that's what's wrong with the anime industry.
OwaruSekaiDec 16, 2014 6:52 AM
Dec 16, 2014 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
JoJo stardust crusader s2 and death parade.. season looking weak as heck.
Dec 16, 2014 7:12 AM

Mar 2014
binaural said:
OwaruSekai said:

Yeah, that's what's wrong with the anime industry.

you are clearly misinterpreting that sentence for whatever reason, and i'm sorry that you were unable to grasp the meaning i had originally intended for it. the issue is that these attempts aren't genuine. shows are made to stand out simply to stand out, with no intention of truly making something that "stands out" creatively.

this is an issue when you consider the context, but for the record, nothing about that statement was overly concerned with the anime industry's "problem." i never explicitly said these questionable attempts at originality were a problem for the industry as a whole. if you want to question my thoughts, be my guest, but if you're just going to mold them to your liking and use them to make a statement, i'd appreciate it if you didn't.

I prefer that over the 10 generic harem shows we're getting this season.
That said, I don't see much potential in Death Parade either, like, 0, it was good as an OVA but it'll be old fast as a TV series, and I will agree, sometimes there are shows that just change their outside but if you look into it enough it's the same thing over and over, Death Parade doesn't seem like an extreme case of that though, I imagine some people think Madhouse is just trying to move NGNL fans to a new series, because both are game based, and see if that works but they are pretty different things in the end of things.
Dec 16, 2014 8:29 AM

Oct 2010
TripleSRank said:
First impressions.

Doamaiger D looks like a random generic anime out of the 80s. I might give it a try to see if it's amusing anyway. Looks like a new studio is making it.

• Huh. So the Kantai Collection has made it into anime, eh? It doesn't look like my sort of thing (and I'm especially skeptical since Diomedea is making it), but I might try it since I've heard of the source.

• Is the Soukyuu no Fafner series any good?

Death Parade looks pretty different. I'm a tad skeptical, but it's Madhouse, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

• I should probably try Durarara!! sometime. It was the last anime I recall watching any amount of before I stopped watching anime years ago. Didn't really like it back then, but my taste has changed heavily since then. I only remember a certain important characteristic about the Black Rider.

Yoru no Yatterman sounds a little odd, but I'll keep an eye on it. I'll watch for more info on Sengoku Musou too.

Everything else is either a sequel to a series I haven't seen or something I'm not interested in.

Oh, also this:

Zadion said:
I can't tell if I should expect Assassination Classroom to be genius or abysmal.

Better get up to speed on Fafner.

A greater mind-**** was never imagined.

Expect bizarre things.
Dec 16, 2014 9:57 AM

May 2008
binaural said:

I am well aware of your original intent. I took your statement out of context on purpose to make a jab at the industry, not you. Well, this and the juxtaposition of "current industry" and "original" seemed so ridiculous I couldn't pass on the opportunity to ridicule the very notion. I'm sorry you felt inclined to defend your statement, but I can't really "mold" anything to my liking here even if I wanted to. I quoted what I did for the sake of brevity. The full context is made available, for anyone interested, with one scroll of a mouse.

On a more serious note, we probably have different definitions of "originality". Since I don't consider shallow attempts at being "different" as being "original" in the first place. Not that I had the pleasure to run into the aforementioned that much lately. And by the looks of it, I watch much more anime than you do. So I'm a bit baffled as to what concrete examples you're referring to exactly.

I also fail to see the value of your generalizing assessment of Death Parade's concept, when you yourself mention that you have failed to familiarize yourself with the readily available Tachikawa's one-shot. Which would probably lend you adequate insight to evaluate the inner-workings of the concept more objectively.

So pardon me, if you will, for ruining your profoundly sagacious social commentary on contemporary art in the form of "It could flop, it could not." with my brutish attempts at drollery.

As an attempt to stay on topic - Death Billiards was, first and foremost, a human drama. The supernatural element is just a vehicle to facilitate the exploration of existential themes à la "Lost". I honestly fail to see any pretension to "vain originality" being made here.
OwaruSekaiDec 16, 2014 12:41 PM
Dec 16, 2014 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
shit winter anime line up is already here and I'm still stuck watching the ones from spring/summer 2014.

SO MANY ANIME SO LITTLE TIME. I NEED TO LEARN NARUTO'S KAGEBUNSHI NO JUTSU ASAP.
Dec 16, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2014
I have such a huge backlog, but I normally end up marathoning anime anyway. From the list, the only anime that caught my attention were Doamaiger D, Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus, Death Parade, and Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season. None of the Slice of Life anime caught my attention. Being mostly a Mecha fan, it's not surprising that the anime that interested me the most were Mecha. Problem is, two of them are sequels, and I have yet to start on Aldnoah.Zero! Ugh. >_<

"Haunted by darkness... Cursed by light... I am Jyakotu."
Dec 16, 2014 2:16 PM
Memelord Mcgee

Jun 2014
cupc said:
Such a lame season.

>Kuroko S3
>Stardust Crusaders S2
>Death Parade
>Assassination Classroom

You just hate good anime don't cha :^)
"Ayyy lmao" - Lil B
Dec 16, 2014 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
Overall looks to be pretty weak season but i have found some that interest me nonetheless :)
Dec 17, 2014 12:59 AM

Feb 2010
The sequels are the ones that stand out this winter season
Dec 17, 2014 3:28 AM

Aug 2012
KanColle hype! \o/
Dec 17, 2014 4:51 AM

May 2011
There's some big name anime that I plan to watch, like Kancolle and Im@s, besides a few others, but in the overall, there isn't a lot of anime that I'm interested in compared to the other seasons.
This is actually a good thing, since it gives me more time to finish the stuff I have stalled and work on my huge backlog.
Dec 17, 2014 8:27 AM
Jan 2014
aldnoah zero is the one im most looking forward to
Dec 17, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
Really excited to see Death Parade~! I like psychological genre.

Dec 17, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
Pretty awesome season for Jojo and Durarara alone. I'll be picking up Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders S2, Durarara S2, Assassination Classroom, Death Parade, and I guess Tokyo Censaghoul S2.
Dec 17, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2013
Ah man, Winter 2015 is looking like shit. Bad start for the new year. The only anime here worth a damn are Aldnoah Zero S2, Fafner: Dead Aggressor, and Durarara. Death Parade maybe (big MAYBE), but it's looking like your average edgy teen shit a la Tokyo Ghoul. Here's hoping for Spring 2015.
Dec 17, 2014 4:33 PM
Oct 2012
Ghoul, Death parade, KnB
That's all
Dec 17, 2014 10:38 PM
Jun 2014
This Winter season doesn't seem great, mostly filled with perverted Harem shows. I think I will mostly watch the shows that are sequels... Looking forward for Spring 2015! :D
Dec 18, 2014 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
The first post says we are free to share PVs and whatnot not on the list, so here's some input. This looks like a legit PV to me, based on the visuals are seemingly all consistent as David Productions, and the clips used were not seen in season 1:

Dec 18, 2014 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
Tokyo Ghoul and Durarara xx i can't wait..

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Dec 18, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
PurpleLugia said:
The first post says we are free to share PVs and whatnot not on the list, so here's some input. This looks like a legit PV to me, based on the visuals are seemingly all consistent as David Productions, and the clips used were not seen in season 1:

Yup.

That PV is legitimate.

Dec 19, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
A sub by Funimation for the preview of Assassination Classroom is located here.
Dec 19, 2014 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
PV3 for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders S2:

Dec 19, 2014 8:38 PM

Dec 2014
I'm most excited about Assassination Classroom. Fukuyama is back!

Dec 20, 2014 7:16 AM

Jun 2013
I'm mostly anticipating Tsukimonogatari, Death Parade and Ass Class. Probably KnB if I've caught up with its prequel in time. Yay hype!
Dec 20, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
Aldnoah Zero comes out in January and this video pretty much sums up my feelings on S2 if they do indeed make Slaine the MC and I guarantee I will drop it right away and give it a score of 1.

http://youtu.be/RtUriUnxQa4
Dec 20, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2013
Z4k said:
Lol winter season looks depressing without those sequels.

AllenVonStein said:
Tokyo Ghoul √A hype but pv really doesn't show anything

Second pv will be out on 20th

PV where?

Dec 21, 2014 6:46 AM
Dec 2014
Meh... Why always in the winter when I have the most free time there is nothing good to watch, the only animes I'm gonna watch are sequels. What a pity :<
Dec 21, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2014
brianez said:
Z4k said:
Lol winter season looks depressing without those sequels.

Second pv will be out on 20th

PV where?

Still not out yet :(

It will probably be released online when the Jump Festa event is over today or tomorrow.
Dec 21, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
Not such an exciting season besides the big sequels coming out. Only excited for the new Tokyo Ghoul, and shows like Assassination Classroom and Absolute Double

Im also thinking about/probably will watch Death Parade and im still thinking about Rolling Girls

Everything else sees bleh, boring, or not that interesting to me at the moment...

Not the best season...

Dec 22, 2014 4:21 AM

Feb 2014
Fadeout4 said:
Pretty awesome season for Jojo and Durarara alone. I'll be picking up Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders S2, Durarara S2, Assassination Classroom, Death Parade, and I guess Tokyo Censaghoul S2.

Must be an awesome season for you, two sequels to animes in your favorites ^^

Hopefully it turns out better than Psycho Pass 2, sequel to my favorite anime :*(
Dec 22, 2014 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
Most excited about Durarara. A second season is a dream come true!

Also hyped about Binan Koukou. Magical boys, yeeees!!

And the other sequels, Tokyo Ghoul, Kamisama Hajimemashita, Shounen Hollywood, KuroBasket, and Aldnoah Zero. Cautiously looking forward to Aldnoah Zero. I liked the first season until the end, and really curious what's happening now.

For other ones I'll check out Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, and possibly Death Parade and a couple others.
Dec 22, 2014 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
Death Parade's preview shows nothing new. :/ And Tokyo Ghoul's preview is...what?
Dec 22, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2014
Death Parade, Tokyo Ghoul and Kuroko no Basket for me. Maybe I'll check out Assassination Classroom too. This season is kinda uninteresting.
Dec 22, 2014 11:11 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
The list has been updated to this post.
Thanks to everyone who is contributing with PVs, CMs and Trailers!

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Dec 23, 2014 4:47 AM
Apr 2013
I'm gonna start following airing series much more than before I think!

I'll definitely be watching Yurikuma and Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, then also Durarara, and continuing Kiseijuu, Shigatsu and Ronja. Might also try Death parade.
Dec 23, 2014 7:41 AM
Aug 2014
Durarara 2 on top list, so excited. Can't wait for another Shizu-chan vs Izaya the King of Troll.
and of course can't wait to see that stupid unstable brat to be slained by orange-kun
Dec 23, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2014
Tokyo Ghoul √A, can't wait to watch it soon !

l'll be sure to buy more junk foods and wait till it release on Jan 4th. l hope its going to have a much more epic story line.
Dec 23, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
Jojo's is airing on January tenth?

YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Dec 23, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2009
Durarara 2
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
Death Parade
Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season
Tokyo Ghoul
Kantai Collection: KanColle (hype of the season)
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls

Damn so few worthy to watch...
Dec 23, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
shigatsu part 2, tsukimonogatari, and parasyte part 2 are must watches for me.

as for actual new series

Yuri Kuma Arashi - from utena and penguindrum creator. i will watch it.

Koufuku Graffiti - shaft. i watch all their shows.

durarara - i didn't think the first series was that great (pretty sure i gave it a 7), but ill give this a shot.

i dont really know the rest of the shows, but i'll likely add 2-3 of them that turn out good.
Dec 24, 2014 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
lets see...

jojo, death parade, tsukimonogatari, the rest are... kinda meh.
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Dec 24, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
Tsukimonogatari...oh how i can't wait.. :)
Dec 24, 2014 4:37 PM

Aug 2014
Mainly going to watch Fafner and Tokyo Ghoul.
I somehow like the way fafner is playing out plotwise and I like the general idea behind the series. I've heard that mc in tokyo ghoul will be less of a whiner in the next season (still hating on the ep12 cliff hanger though) so that might be interesting as well.

Maybe a few eps aldnoah.zero because I want to see what kind of asspull they come up with the bring the mc back. Show itself is meh though...
Dec 24, 2014 5:52 PM
Jul 2018
looking for Tsukimonogatari and koufuku grafiti
Dec 25, 2014 4:42 AM

May 2012
I watched few episodes of Fafner 1st season, and it looks boring. Very generic mecha anime with boring characters and story. It is just as bad as Argevollen or M3

Aldnoah.Zero S2 and Cross Ange are more worth watching if you looking for a decent mecha for winter
Dec 25, 2014 8:39 AM
Oct 2014
i'll watch:

Durarara!!2x
Kantai Collection
Assassination Classroom

Dec 25, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2014
Need to finish watching the second season of JoJo!!! Marathon time!
Dec 27, 2014 4:04 AM

Jun 2013
Yatterman looks interesting.
Dec 27, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2013
Still no Winter 2015 Simulcast thread yet?

Funimation has been announcing stuff.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Mashle' Anime Sequel Announced

Nioxys - May 26

21 by malvarez1 »»
15 seconds ago

» Visual Novel '9: Nine' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

11 by NekoMeau »»
45 minutes ago

» 'Touhai: Ura Rate Mahjong Touhai Roku' Unveils Main Cast for Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - May 27

1 by CocoaGalaxy »»
2 hours ago

» 'Kisaki Kyouiku kara Nigetai Watashi' Unveils Main Cast, Staff, 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» 'Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan' Reveals Supporting Cast, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - May 27

11 by Tropisch »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.