Forum Settings
Forums

'Monogatari' Novel Series to be Continued After 'Final Season'

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 21, 2014 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
I hope you realize that Nisioisin writes a lot, several series at the same time and one-off books, some quite experimental. He can probably write whatever he likes. If he wants to write something that is different then he could even use a different pen name. Who would know?

But he likes writing these books, says so himself. He wouldn't write a novel a month in this genre if he hated it.
Oct 21, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
Not surprised at all..
Oct 21, 2014 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Zefyris said:

*Rise a hand* While I don't think NisiOisiN could ever pretend to be the pinacle of Japanese literary, nor do I think that anyone sane would say something like that, did you even read the book in their original language before looking down at the author's writing style?

So nobody can criticize the book because we didn't read it in its original language? I surely hope that is not what you are implying.
Obviously translations will not match the original language in 99% of the cases, but you can get a pretty good idea what the general writing style is in a lot of cases...

Also:
The anime adaptions of his various works as well as his manga are enough to give anyone plenty of material to figure out his style by now.

You cannot criticize the author's writing style by basing yourself on a random fan translation, no. You can criticize the plot, character development and whatever you like if you read it, even translated, but the author's writing style? I shouldn't even have to confirm that NO, you can't. Except if you want to look like an idiot, obviously.

Though if Nisio was a good writer, he wouldn't waste time with low grade Light Novels and would start publishing real books,

Monogatari aren't light novels, so your point is... moot.
Also, light novels are....Real books. I know, that's a surprise, huh? You need to learn what "light novel" really means before looking down on it, it'd say. Would make you more hmm... Credible, maybe?
ZefyrisOct 21, 2014 12:35 PM
Oct 21, 2014 10:55 PM

Jan 2014
Zefyris said:
You cannot criticize the author's writing style by basing yourself on a random fan translation, no. You can criticize the plot, character development and whatever you like if you read it, even translated, but the author's writing style? I shouldn't even have to confirm that NO, you can't. Except if you want to look like an idiot, obviously.
This,thinking that the writer is Nisio Isin and he loves to play with words this is more obvious...I cant even imagine how much of his work we understood,or much of it an average japanese person can understand...

Lately i tried to watch Bakemonogatari translated to my language and the difference between it and the english translation was so obvious that it felt like i was watching a completely different anime
Oct 22, 2014 2:37 AM
Oct 2012
Its gone on for this long without dropping in quality, I don't see how they can fuck this up, slice my tongue right off if they do
Let them milk me for all my dollars, but I just don't want to see this series end.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» J.C.Staff Produces 'Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor: EZY' Anime for 2026

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by RobertBobert »»
58 minutes ago

» 'Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san' 2nd Season in Production

Vindstot - Sep 18

26 by RobertBobert »»
60 minutes ago

» Board Game 'Murder Mystery of the Dead' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Yuno »»
3 hours ago

» 'Amagami-san Chi no Enmusubi' Announces Supporting Cast, Ending Theme

Vindstot - Sep 15

2 by themasterseaso »»
7 hours ago

» 'Hoshifuru Oukoku no Nina' Unveils Supporting Cast Members

Nioxys - Sep 12

1 by jennie258fitz »»
Yesterday, 9:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.