Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 10, 2007 6:10 PM

Oct 2007
The idea of this is pretty simple. Just list the 10 best anime that you have seen so far, in your opinion.

Here are mine:

1. Yu Yu Hakusho- An extremely underrated anime, which has much more depth than what people might thing, provided that you actually pay attention to the plot and symbolism of the series.
2. Death Note- A great anime, that is highly intillectual, and that's very unique/original, in that it actually brings something new to the table.
3. Hellsing Ultimate
4. Full Metal Panic! (All 3 series/seasons)
5. Cowboy Bebop (I'm actually still rewatching this series; but its just plain awesome, and will likely move further up in my list, once I finish rewatching it)
6. Fullmetal Alchemist
7. Hunter X Hunter
8. Black Lagoon
9. Hikaru no Go- This is also a very underrated series, mainly because people have the stereotype that an anime about a board game can't possibly have any entertainment value to it, unless you are a huge fan of that game. Well, this is 100% incorrect, and this is actually a very addicting anime, that everyone should at least give a chance, IMO.
10. Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2007 9:16 PM

Oct 2007
1: tie... Cowboy Bebop / Last Exile
2: Ninja Scroll
3: Black Lagoon
4: Planetes
5: Neon Genesis Evangelion
6: Rah Xephon
7: A Wind Named Amnesia
8: They Were 11
9: AKIRA
10: Vandread

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
- the Joker
Nov 10, 2007 9:23 PM

Aug 2007
I could only do my top 5, here they are. . . .
1- Serial Experiments Lain
2- Neon Genesis Evangelion
3- NHK ni Youkoso
4- Genshiken
5- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Nov 10, 2007 10:31 PM

Aug 2007
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=3774

Fill it in on there and leave other parts blank?

Nov 10, 2007 11:45 PM

Oct 2007
i'm really bad at ordering my favs... but here goes

1. Honey and Clover
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Marmalade boy
4. Kodocha
5. Paradise Kiss
6. Ashita no Nadja
7. FLCL
8. Air
9. Rurouni Kenshin
10. Cardcaptor Sakura

there are others though. i need to rewatch some series so i can re-evaluate my favs. haha
Nov 11, 2007 1:15 AM

Apr 2007
1. School Rumble - I don't think I'll ever find an anime that will make me laugh more then this one.
2. Full Metal Alchemist -
3. Code Geass
4. Berserk
5. Gurren Lagann
6. Welcome to NHK
7. Honey and Clover
8. Utawarerumono
9. Kiba
10. Kanon (2006)

Nov 11, 2007 1:30 AM

Nov 2007
1. Dragon Ball
2. Death Note
3. Gundam Wing
4. Perfect Blue
5. Silent Mobius
6. Monster
7. NANA
8. Honey and Clover
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Oniisama e...
Nov 11, 2007 2:10 AM

Aug 2007
1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. NHK Ni Youkoso !
4. Excel Saga
5. PlanetEs
6. Neon Genesis Evangelion
7. Cowboy Bebop
8. Pani Poni Dash
9. Oruchuban Ebichu
10. Elfen Lied
Nov 11, 2007 4:27 AM
Apr 2007
1.Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Kai
2.Bleach
3.Black Cat
4.Fate/Stay Night
5.Chrno Crusade
6.Mushi-Uta
7.Clannad
8.Pani Poni Dash
9.Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
10.School Rumble
Nov 11, 2007 5:42 AM

Nov 2007
1. Azumanga Daioh
2. Ichigo Mashimaro TV & OVAs
3. Lucky Star
4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
5. Claymore
6. Genshiken 1 & OVAs & 2
7. Minami-ke
8. Shakugan no Shana 1 & 2
9. Seirei no Moribito
10. Black Lagoon 1 & 2
Nov 11, 2007 6:07 AM

Aug 2007
my top 10:
1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Higurashi no naku koro ni
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Full Metal Panic
6. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
7. Honey and Clover
8. Nodame Cantabile
9. School Rumble
10. Lucky Star

Nov 11, 2007 6:32 AM

Oct 2007
In no order

RahXephon
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Rurouni Kenshin Memories OVA
Gunbuster
Macross Do You Remember Love
Baccano!
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Vision Of Escaflowne
SDF Macross
Higurashi (both series)
Nov 11, 2007 8:13 AM

Sep 2007
Eh bakaidiot, your top 10 are quite similar with mine lol =)

10. Hunter X Hunter
The series that first make me hook to anime. A very awesome journey and well, I guess the ending is acceptable. The story is well written, in this case, I like it more than Naruto/Bleach and its more original IMHO. The Greed Island part is weird but at the same time, enjoyable. It's like watching someone playing a real life game that can end up killing them. The tournament , the exam, the game, the mission, everything flow perfectly. Gon and Killua are one of the best partners in anime. Kurapica / Leorio are great too. Oh shit, I forgot to mention Hisoka, the creepy magician.

9. Furi Kuri [FLCL]
Short yet masterpiece in my list. Definitely the best OAV ever made. The randomness is at the highest level. No anime that can make me watch so many times yet still don't understand completely WTF is this thing about. The characters are great. The music is awesome (The Pillows rocks). The ending is nothing short of amazing.

8. Neon Genesis Evangelion
The prime example of current anime. Rei Ayanami and Asuka span alot of ripoff. Ever since Eva, alot of Gundam looks less bulky. The ending looks confusing but it's indeed one of the most controversial ending in anime, ever. With the release of 4 Eva movies soon, I can't help to dig this series again.

7. Final Fantasy Advent Children
A must see for any FF fans around the world. I am a little biased here but nonetheless, this movie deserve a mentioned. Awesome fight scene, great character design (hmm Aeris and Reno among my favourite). And the final fight is just too awesome. Who doesn't like Sephiroth xD.

6. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
What can I say. An anime that turned to be a cult culture. Definitely an masterpiece. First episode gives u a big WTF, following by the order of the episode, the concert, the weird cases, Haruhi, Kyon, Haruhi, Rei- Yuki, WIN. If you looking for some unique and enjoyable anime , here it is, along with NHK ni Youkoso.

5. Lucky Star
:3. Many say LS is some sort of AzuDaioh ripoff. But to me, this series is as awesome or better than AD in alot of way. First, you have too much girls that almost fit anyone in the world. There's otaku, tsundere, cute, clumsy, gaijin, fang girl, loli, yuri, quiet, polite. A must see for 4-koma / slice of life lovers. Get past the few early episode and LS will start to shine

4. School Rumble
One word, L O L . Thats what I did the most when watching SR. Anyone looking for a comedy, look no further. This series is gold for anyone who loves comedy. The loves story does feel like getting nowhere though like the OP of the 1st Term, round and round and round. Now, tell me Imadori , what's your favourite plan ? D D D D D D D D

3. Full Metal Panic
Nothing much to say. Obviously this series catered to almost anyone looking for a good anime. You have action/mecha/love/comedy/school life. Sagara Sousuke is a great character. Paired with Chidori, I'll say they are one of the most awesome duo in any anime series to date.
A Warning though, Fumoffu! might killed you due to extreme laughter.

2. NHK ni Youkoso!
I scared myself watching this. Not only it takes alot of real life reference, but also played it well and almost looks like you are watching someone in the real life. How many anime or even shows out there that have MMORPG, Multilevel Marketing, Group Suicide, Galge/Eroge, Otaku/NEET, psychological combined into one fantastic yet have a sense of humor series. A must see for almost anyone, I will recommend this even for those who are not into anime.

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Best super robot show since GaoGaiGar. Too much GARness that makes you "WTF" all the way from the start to the end. All the characters are likable too. You have Kamina the hot blooded leader, Simon a weak character at first but turned out to be a complete hero in the end, Yoko, the gun + girl never looks so good (except Revy from BL lol), Nia, a princess with a great character, and so much more. A story that's always remind me , there are nothing impossible in this world, never try to give up until the end. Raw Raw Fight the Power!
Dai Gurren Dan FTW.
Nov 11, 2007 8:52 AM

Jul 2007
only the first 5 were easy...

1. Mushishi
2. Terra e...
3. Black Lagoon - the second barrage
4. Hunter x Hunter OVA 1
5. Peacemaker Kurogane
6. Yami no Matsuei
7. Gensomaden Saiyuki
8. Fruits Basket
9. Lucky Star
10. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Nov 11, 2007 9:07 AM

Mar 2005
i really should be locking this thread since there's a place in your profile to do this and there's another anime survey that includes this. however since people seem to be explaining their top 10s i'll leave it...for now.
Nov 11, 2007 9:24 AM

Sep 2007
kei-clone said:
i really should be locking this thread since there's a place in your profile to do this and there's another anime survey that includes this. however since people seem to be explaining their top 10s i'll leave it...for now.

I think its more appropriate for us to explain instead of just list it down, since it is fun to hear about others opinion. Listing down doesn't helps since everyone can just look at your anime list =)

I hope everyone can at least explain a bit on why the anime is your favourite =)
Nov 11, 2007 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
kei-clone said:

i was too lazy to explain why it's my top 10, but actually my favorite anime list and what i think is the best are a little different ^^;;
Nov 11, 2007 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
My Top 10 -

1. Bleach
2. D.Gray-Man
3. Darker Than BLACK
4. Full Metal Alchemist
5. Shakugan no Shana
6. Tsubasa Chronicle
7. Code Geass
8. Chrno Crusade
9. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
10. Claymore
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2007 11:30 AM

May 2007
well i cant really put my faves in order because its too hard for me :P

sooo....heres my top 10 in no specific order~

Bleach
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Romeo x Juliet
Nodame Cantible
One Piece
Prince of Tennis
Zero No Tsukaima
Code Geass
Naruto/Naruto Shippuden

"School is just a distraction from anime" - JOIN THE "I hate school" CLUB!
Nov 11, 2007 11:48 AM

Aug 2007

1.FullMetal Alchemist
2.Elfen Lied
3.Death Note
4.Code Geass
5.Bleach
6.Darker than BLACK
7.Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
8.Jigoku Shoujo
9.The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
10.School Rumble

Nov 11, 2007 11:53 AM

Jun 2007
Im not really good at explaing WHY these are my fav. anime but i'll try XD

1- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
I usually detest mecha anime, but this one had so much movement and colors and it wasent only about fighting. There were all these themes of friendship and love and confidence in yourself, and you could see the characters change and be influenced by all this. Also the Music was awesome haha.

2- Denno Coil
Its a really Mysterious anime. It had me glued to my comp for hours. Its a story with a complexity you would never expect, and it made a few chills run down my spine. xD its actually kinda scary.

3- Nodame Cantabile
All the characters in this anime are so silly and its an original story (in my opinion). It made me laugh quite a bit.

4- Fullmetal Alchemist
5- Ouran High School Host Club
6- Kino's Journey
7- NANA
8- Black Lagoon
9- Romeo x Juliet
10- Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

Yea i tried x__x

Nov 11, 2007 12:01 PM

Oct 2007
kei-clone said:

Sorry about that. But, just like you said, people can explain their favorites over here, so it makes things more interesting, and it may help people who are looking for new anime to watch, as they can see if their are any series on here that interest them.

As for me, I never got time to explain all of my choices, so I'll explain some of my others right now:

Hellsing Ultimate- These are the OVAs, and are not to be confused with the TV series. Unlike the TV series, the OVAs are heavily based off of the original manga's material, and the story is just obviously planned out so much better. The characters are much more interesting, the music is much more fitting of the tone of the series, and as an added bonus, the animation is done extremely well.

Black Lagoon- This is like hardcore version of Cowboy Bebop, although not nearly as good as Cowboy Bebop. Nonetheless, its an extremely entertaining, consisting of story lines that are styled in the fashion of kick-ass action movies XD ! The animation is quite good, and the English voice acting was outstanding, for the episodes which were dubbed.

Zoids: Chaotic Century/Guardian Force- This looks very much like a childish version of Gundam (or as some people put it, it looks like an anime where Gundam meets Pokemon, lol ). Well, that is completely untrue. Zoids, the first series, is a very well done anime, with a great story line, and memmorable characters. The action and combat works out amazingly, and the music fits the series just right.

Someone already explained what was so great about Full Metal Panic! and Hunter X Hunter, and Cowboy Bebop, as well as Fullmetal Alchemist, shouldn't even need any explination as to why they are both great series ;) . Also, I have already explained what I found to be great about Yu Yu Hakusho, Death Note, and Hikaru no Go.

Nov 11, 2007 8:31 PM

Aug 2007
Well since the person who posted their reasons effectively saved this thread I'll now contribute.

1. Mononoke - Best of the lot. I loved every aspect of this series from the sound effects, voice acting , art style, music, story, characters and general presentation. This is simply a masterpiece among masterpieces.

2. Monster - A brilliant story and setting that managed to keep me gripped for the whole 74 episodes with plenty of surprises and revelations along the way.

3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Looks simply amazing throughout with the most epic vibe an anime can carry. Chances are if you screenshotted a part of the series, the still itself looks freaking awesome.

4. NHK ni Youkoso! - This was the first anime I watched without a recommendation and what got me into watching anime big time, so with the nostalgia value and the fact that this dark comedy is sheer brilliance from start to finish is reason as to why it's in my top 10.

5. Furi Kuri - First of all the surreal randomness is sheer brilliance, secondly so is the music track (even if it is just 'The Pillows') and finally I just love the art style.

6. Kanon (2006) - Kanon 2006 is able to provoke a variety of emotions it's funny enough to make you laugh on several occaisons and moving enough to bring you close to tears on other parts.
    The animation is lovely and fluid, while the music is enjoyable and quite catchy.
    The characters while they fit the generic role of 'cousin/best friend/quiet one etc' they still all have a lovable personality.

7. Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - From the mediocre series Rurouni Kenshin comes this beautifully presented masterpiece of love and loss and Kenshin's past we kept hearing about in the anime, yet I never thought that pussy could be so kick ass. Oro? This is what the series needed to have been like.

8. Serial Experiments Lain - Loved from when the intro started, I loved the whole psychological 'what is life' aspect which I loved from Ergo Proxy which I had previously seen. I loved the art style, the colours used with the lovely shadows effects to add to complete surreal freakishness of Lain and the wired.

9. Baccano! - When the first episode has some currently unnamed person in white shooting a currently thought to be child in the face with a shotgun I new I'd love this series. From Isaac and Maria's comedy double, to the rail tracer to of course my one and only love... Ladd Russo (see avatar).

10. Bleach - While this anime is in my top 10 favourites I haven't necessarily rated it a masterpiece since there is so many flaws (filler and plot holes) that I doubt I'd ever rate it a 10/10. But I love the over powered shinigami samurai type people and the special ability school kids fighting evil soul eaters (it's like they grabbed the 'big bucket of awesome' and chucked it into the anime) shooting lasers out of their swords at each other while talking plushies are doing some other random thing.

I have a feeling Shigurui will be replacing one of those if it keeps up its standards of being horribly brutal and if it ever gets subbed.
OriginalNameNov 12, 2007 1:51 PM

Nov 11, 2007 9:25 PM

Oct 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - From the mediocre series Rurouni Kenshin comes this beautifully presented masterpiece of love and loss and Kenshin's past we kept hearing about in the anime, yet I never thought that pussy could be so kick ass. Oro? This is what the series needed to have been like.

• That's your opinion, but I wouldn't really call Rurouni Kenshin mediocre. Well, at least not the manga. The TV series was pretty good too, IMO, but was just taken down in quality by way too many fillers, and the fact that the final arc was never animated.
    Nov 11, 2007 10:23 PM

Aug 2007
    ensatsu-ken said:
    OmegaJudgement said:
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - From the mediocre series Rurouni Kenshin comes this beautifully presented masterpiece of love and loss and Kenshin's past we kept hearing about in the anime, yet I never thought that pussy could be so kick ass. Oro? This is what the series needed to have been like.

• That's your opinion, but I wouldn't really call Rurouni Kenshin mediocre. Well, at least not the manga. The TV series was pretty good too, IMO, but was just taken down in quality by way too many fillers, and the fact that the final arc was never animated.

Thread title is top 10 anime not manga. So fillers/ missing arcs/horrendous voice acting and shoddy story of Rurouni Kenshin and other stuff that plague the series leads me to believe Rurouni Kenshin was mediocre. (in comparison to Tsuiokuhen)

Nov 12, 2007 1:17 AM

Nov 2007
    1. Inuyasha
    2. Bleach
    3. Death Note
    4. Loveless
    5. Elfen Lied
    6. Tenjou Tenge
    7. Fruits Basket
    8. D.N.Angle
    9. Air
    10. Tokyo Mew Mew

^w^
    Nov 12, 2007 2:38 AM

Jun 2007
    1. Baccano! - In brief, I hate Ryohgo Narita for writing this before me, and will never forgive him for such a perfect series. I watched the first episode RAW with no subtitles, no linguistic coherency whatsoever. And I enjoyed every minute of it. The cast, the tone, the narrative, I love it all. Now if only we could cash in on a second, and possibly third, season.
    2. Samurai Champloo - What can I say? Solid action, sense of style, tasteful anachronisms, and an effective combination of both episodic and plot-based story telling. And I don't care what ANYONE says, the baseball episode is awesome.
    3. Hellsing Ultimate - The Hellsing Manga ranks fairly high on my list, and I'm satisfied that it's finally getting the animated treatment it truly deserves.
    4. Read or Die OVA - Just some good, eccentric action-adventure fun. That I can watch repeatedly. If you find yourself questioning the whole logic of it, you're watching it wrong. It has evil clones of historic figures, what more do you people need?
    5. 5 Centimeters Per Second - Chicken soup for the soul.
    6. Cowboy Bebop - I can't say anything about this show that no one else hasn't said a hundred times before. It deserves its seat as one of the classics, let's just hang with that.
    7. Ouran High School Host Club - Yeah, it's a Shojou. But hey, it's funny. And occasionally heartwarming. But mostly funny. That's all I need. Bite me.
    8. Oh! Edo Rocket - More people need to watch this. Seriously. I never expected so much quality character development and actual plot out of a labeled "Comedy," but that's what I got.
    9. Tsukihime - Everyone in the Type Moon group will hate me for even considering this. It's still a decent show with a captivating story in its own right, but just let me say that if it adhered to its source material more closely like we all wish it did, it would be a competitor for the #2 rank. Also, needed more Nero Chaos and Kohaku.
    10. Akagi - I needed a tenth show, and Akagi was sufficiently awesome, so it fits the bill.
    Nov 12, 2007 5:30 AM

Feb 2007
    BadSeafood said:
    2. Samurai Champloo - What can I say? Solid action, sense of style, tasteful anachronisms, and an effective combination of both episodic and plot-based story telling. And I don't care what ANYONE says, the baseball episode is awesome.

While I agree with the Baseball Episode, the Zombie episode was the compete opposite.

1. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai - Never has an anime made me so insane! From the first chilling scene of Keichii killing his best friends with a baseball bat, until the very latest episodes of Kai, this show has never let me down.

2. Sola - Minor characters that I adore, beautiful music and animation, and a plot that starts slow, but ends with many twists, despite some not making sense. Which is why I write Starlight.

3. Samurai Champloo - One of the first anime I ever watched. Smooth fighting scenes, memorable characters, and a great sense of style.

4. Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 - My very first anime. I will never forget how shocked I was to see Nene in her work unifrom, trapped in the ADP building, filled with alien-like robots. Or boomers. Whatever.

5. Shuffle - The best (and probably the only) harem I've seen. You just gotta love flat-chested Mayumi and psycho cute Kaede.

6. Excel Saga - Episode 26. Nuff Said. But then again, there's always Hyatt, the catchy OP and the crazy humor.

7. Chrno Crusade - Whether it's in Jap or English (Hilary Haag FTW), Rosette is one of the best female heroines in an anime, along with a kickass demon for a friend. The ending nearly moved me to tears.

8. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - KyoAni's best work in my opinion. Unique characters, original presentation, and the fact that it keeps my hopes that cute alien girls exist.

9. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Only seen 18 episodes, but I love every second of it. Full of energy, spirit, passion and Yoko fanservice.

10. Baccano/Gankutsuou - I needed to come up with a tenth, but I can't decide. While I haven't finish either of these shows, both of them are providing great plots, characters and style. Both of these will probably get 10/10 if they end well for me.
    Nov 12, 2007 7:48 AM

Jun 2007
    #1 Monster - when it comes to greatest anime of all time, i cant think of anything else as an answer
    #2 Ghost in the Shell SAC 1st GIG - the laughing man story is brilliant
    #3 Death Note - oh well i loved it even if ppl say its overrated
    #4 NANA - nearly as good as the manga story
    #5 the whole Ayakashi-Mononoke complex -
    OmegaJudgement said:

• Mononoke - Best of the lot. I loved every aspect of this series from the sound effects, voice acting , art style, music, story, characters and general presentation. This is simply a masterpiece among masterpieces.

• ^^
    #6 Shigurui - blood, blood and more blood on top of that brilliant animated :3
    #7 Neon Gnesis Evangelion - just epic!
    #8 Prince of tennis :S one of the most addictive series ever
    #9 Samurai Champloo - no need to explain why...
    #10 Denno Coil and Seirei no Moribito a must see!
    ashuraJun 1, 2008 3:56 PM
    Nov 12, 2007 10:45 AM

Sep 2007
    I think mine would be something like this..

1. Kanon (2006)
    2. Elfen Lied
    3. FLCL
    4. Welcome to the N.H.K
    5. Castle in the Sky
    6. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
    8. Death Note
    9. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    10. Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem
    Nov 12, 2007 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
    1. Voices of a Distant Star
    2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    3. Kaleido Star
    4. Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
    5. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    6 (tie). Air, Elfen Lied
    8. Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
    9. FLCL
    10. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (all)
    My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
    Nov 12, 2007 11:04 AM

Apr 2007
    1. Death Note
    2. Bleach
    3. Dragonball (Z)
    4. Naruto
    5. One Piece
    6. Gundam Wing
    7. Devil May Cry
    8. Claymore
    9. Darker than BLACK
    10. FullMetal Alchemist
    Nov 12, 2007 1:36 PM

Jun 2007
    BlueYoshi said:
    BadSeafood said:

While I agree with the Baseball Episode, the Zombie episode was the compete opposite.

Heh, that comes from a board I lurked at, where a bunch of people hated the Baseball episode for being "Anti-American." I just kinda stared at the wall for a couple minutes, then felt like rewatching it, because it was such a great episode. Screw those people.
    Nov 12, 2007 2:29 PM

Oct 2007
    baseball episode is perhaps the best filler episode ever for an anime. Anyone who thinks its anti-american is just plain ignorent, thats ignorent. Next their going to say we should attack canada for corrupting our youth or something like that.

anime owned collection list http://tobruk.dvdaf.com/

" You guys want to see me do a magic trick. I will make this pencil disapear."
    - the Joker
    Nov 12, 2007 2:44 PM

Oct 2007
    OmegaJudgement said:
    ensatsu-ken said:
    OmegaJudgement said:

Thread title is top 10 anime not manga. So fillers/ missing arcs/horrendous voice acting and shoddy story of Rurouni Kenshin and other stuff that plague the series leads me to believe Rurouni Kenshin was mediocre. (in comparison to Tsuiokuhen)

True, but I still didn't think that the TV anime was mediocre. I would say that it was a little bit above average, even with the fillers taking it down in quality. Also, I didn't think that the English voice acting for the series was bad at all. I didn't really like too many of the voices in the subbed version for it though, which is kind of rare for me.
    Nov 12, 2007 2:46 PM

Jan 2007
    I had to look at my list to find a tenth anime cause I only have 9 anime that I scored a 10.

10. The Place Promised in Our Early Days - Just a beautiful looking movie with great music and an engaging story. My favorite of Shinkai's work

9. Nodame Cantabile - A great blend of classical music and comedy. As well as an awesome cast of characters. Best music themed anime out there.

8. Aria the Animation - An excellent slice of life show that is set in a beautiful aquatic world. A show that you can just sit and relax to and somehow always end of with a smile on your face. Contains lovable characters, beautiful animation, and superb music.

7. Kanon 2006 - An excellent combination of key/kyoani. KyoAni takes an excellent story from Key and presents it beautifully in anime form. Lots of laugh and emotion presented.

6. Honey & Clover - An excellent story about a group of college students as they go through life and learn more about themselves and each other. It has one of the most unique art styles used in anime. This show is the one I can relate to the most.

5. Lucky Star - A show about life. Nothing really happens but it is presented in a way which I find funny, and it boasts one of my favorite casts of charcters ever. I find much of the conversations and the crazy fun at the end of the episodes enjoyable.

4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Epic is the word I would describe this show. A blast to watch and so over the top. Just crazy fun.

3. Mushishi - A very beautifully animatied show with spectacular story telling about the mysterious lifeform known as Mushi.

2. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - A revolutionary anime. One that has a fascinating story and an awesome cast of characters. A show with a lot of detail and was presented in a very clever way.

1. Aria the Natural - See what I said about Aria the Animation but bigger and better.
    Nov 12, 2007 2:47 PM

Mar 2007
    1 Elfen lied
    2. Naruto naruto shippuuden
    3. inuyasha
    4. silver fang
    5. wolf rain
    6. kimi ga nozomu eien
    7 death note
    8 blodd+
    9 ginga densetsu weed
    10 hellsing OVA

i wanted to add fullmetal alchemist but im still wathcing it
    Instagram: Luzifurr
    Nov 12, 2007 3:05 PM

Sep 2007
    Faust721 said:

8. Aria the Animation - An excellent slice of life show that is set in a beautiful aquatic world. A show that you can just sit and relax to and somehow always end of with a smile on your face. Contains lovable characters, beautiful animation, and superb music.

I plan to watch this after reading your comment on the show. Was always thinking wth is Aria . Heh
    Nov 17, 2007 7:47 PM
    Feb 2007
    1. Bleach
    2. Naruto/ Naruto shippuuden
    3. Dragon Ball Z
    4. Yu Yu Hakusho
    5. Full Metal Alchemist
    6.Shakugan No Shana
    7. Death Note
    8. Kiba
    9. Eureka Seven
    10.Full Metal Panic
    Nov 17, 2007 10:48 PM

Nov 2007
    These aren't in any strict order, but the first 7 I ranked as a 10.

1. Millennium Actress : A beautiful and surreal tale of the reflections of an aging actress. Satoshi Kon's finest.
    2. Oh! Edo Rocket: I think this is the series I have enjoyed the most. Excellent in both the comedy and drama departments, this series is blessed with a strong cast and smart direction. Also, the music and voice work are excellent. The only real complaint I have with the show is that sometimes the animation budget wasn't so good.
    3. Mushishi: A subdued and mysterious show that is a refreshing change from all the flashy nonsense out there. Quiet perfection.
    4. Cowboy Bebop: A true classic. Bang.
    5. Furi Kuri: Insane energy and style crammed into a sweet 6 episode package.
    6. Juuni Kokuki: Some of the best characters and story in anime. They need to animate more of the novels.
    7. Simoun: Incredibly beautiful series. At first I was put off by the premise, but after several episodes I was enthralled.

The last three were very hard to choose, but here goes...

8. Tokyo Godfathers: A less surreal but very human work from Satoshi Kon. Also, best Christmas movie ever.
    9. Honey & Clover: Lovely style and characters you can really feel for.
    10. Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu: An incredibly inventive take on magical girls. Both stylish and heartwarming.
    Nov 18, 2007 4:09 PM

Apr 2007
    I only have 8, in reverse order. 1 is my favourite, 8 is least, you know.

8. Claymore: When I heard this anime was like DBZ with swords, I was very hesitant to watch it. I'm just glad I did. Excellent characters and voice acting, and the TeresaxClare backstory was one of those few anime moments that had me in tears.
    7. Death Note: The way things are done in this anime make it different from many other series: the main character isn't a womanizing retard, no, quite the opposite. Not to mention the gripping plot and all that.
    6. Madlax: Brilliant anime which is a spiritual successor to my number three pick: Noir. If that's not enough of a reason to love it, there's a maid with a huge ass gun. That's just awesome.
    5. The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: I can't explain why I love this show as much as I do. I think there's some brainwashing goin' on here...xD
    4. Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito: Once you get past the fanservice and you pick up the slightly confusing plot, it's a pretty good anime with fun characters, a heart-wrenching love story between two girls and nice art. The ending was crap, though.
    3. Noir: Wicked action, wicked characters, wicked soundtrack...it's just wicked. My only complaint is how slow paced the storyline is.
    2. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni: Up until I watched this, the only gory anime I'd seen so far was Elfen Lied, (Which I didn't like much.) so I was expecting it to be similar. Wow, was I wrong and pleasently suprised. The story, characters and gore were like nothing I'd ever seen thus far. <3
    1. Rozen Maiden Series: This was one of the first anime I ever watched with subtitles, and it was my first anime obsession, so it holds a special place in my heart. xD
    Nov 18, 2007 5:15 PM

Nov 2007
    01) Monster
    02) Neon Genesis Evangelion
    03) Ghost in the Shell: SAC
    04) Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    05) Elfen Lied
    06) Gilgamesh
    07) City Hunter
    08) Revolutionary Girl Utena
    09) Cowboy Bebop
    10) Fullmetal Alchemist
    Nov 20, 2007 3:44 AM

May 2007
    A difficult choice but I'll try

1: Hellsing Ultimate. The original Hellsing series became my favourite even before I saw it, the OAV naturally succeded it. It has so many things I love; vampires, war, history, politics, philosophy, mythology, guns, theology and is just so compelling.

2: Azumanga Daioh. So funny, I'm not a girl but I'm in high school and it really makes me wish my classes were like this.

3: Neon Genesis Evangelion. I love the psychological aspects and the odd relationship between Shinji and Asuka.

4: Cowboy Bebop. After watching this I wanted to be a bounty hunter (until dog the bounty hunter ruined it for me). I love the characters and the feel of the series.

5: Karin. Really it just makes me laugh, a lot.

6. Rozen Maiden. So funny and like NGE I'm intrigued by the psychology of the characters (though then again, I am with pretty much all my favourite series).

7. Genshiken. Can't help but love a show about people more in love with anime than you are.

8. Beck. Besides anime I love rock music, this show really struck a cord with me (despite the fact I can't play intruments or anything...).

9. Jigoku Shoujo. I haven't even finished this series and already I adore it. It's dark and fascinating.

10. Death Note. L and Light's attempts to outwit each other is intense, I love watching their duels.
    I suppose I should be upset, even feel violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message, like "Hey, wanna play?" and yes I want to play. I really really do.
    Nov 20, 2007 6:02 AM

Oct 2007
    my top ten are ,

1. Lovely complex

comedy , romance and very unquie characters , (: .

2. Detective conan
    3.One piece
    4.Bleach
    5.Gakuen alice
    6.Fullmetal Alchemist
    7. Suzumiya haruhi no Yuutsu
    8.Black Cat
    9.Aishiteruze Baby
    10.Lucky Star
    Nov 20, 2007 8:08 AM

Apr 2007
    My best rated anime with no particular preference between the anime with the same rating:

10's

Toki wo kakeru shoujo
    Nana
    Seirei no Moribito
    School Rumble
    Hachimitsu no Clover
    Berserk

9,5's

Paradise Kiss
    Cowbow Bebop
    Bokura Ga Ita
    Mind Game
    Hotaru no Haka
    Monster
    johnnydNov 20, 2007 4:03 PM
    Nov 20, 2007 3:21 PM
    Sep 2007
    1. Kanon 2006
    1.5 Death note
    2. Suzumiya haruhi
    3. Grenadier
    4. Shakugan no Shana
    5. Elfen Lied
    Nov 20, 2007 6:15 PM

Mar 2007
    top 10 of the few animes that i've watched..

10.Bokura ga ita
    9.) Beck
    8.) Samurai Champloo
    7.) 5 centimeters per second
    6.) Toki wo kakero shoujo
    5.) Death Note
    4.) School Rumble
    3.) Mononoke
    2.) Welcome to the NHK
    1.) Mushishi
    Nov 20, 2007 9:13 PM

Aug 2007
    1. Bokura Ga Ita
    2. Ouran High School Host Club
    3. NANA
    4. Fruits Basket
    5. Ultra Maniac
    6. The Cat Returns
    7. Howl's Moving Castle
    8. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon
    9. Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
    10. Love Hina
    Nov 21, 2007 6:01 AM

Nov 2007
    1)Kanon (2006)
    2)Clannad
    3)Air
    4)Shuffle
    5)The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
    6)Sola
    7)Myself;Yourself
    8)Kimikiss pure rouge
    9)Karin
    10)Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan
    Nov 21, 2007 6:54 PM

Mar 2007
    ensatsu-ken said:

9. Hikaru no Go- This is also a very underrated series, mainly because people have the stereotype that an anime about a board game can't possibly have any entertainment value to it, unless you are a huge fan of that game. Well, this is 100% incorrect, and this is actually a very addicting anime, that everyone should at least give a chance, IMO.

Your right about that.

All my faves I gave a score of 10. Theres only about 8 I think.
    1. Monster(this is truly a masterpiece. Full of plots and twists. After each episode I wanted to see the next asap).
    2. Full Metal Alchemist(both the seris & movie. It was # 1 for aq long time. It's still hard to choose btween FMA & Monster).
    3. Zegapain(this seris is too underrated. I actually cried).
    4. Gundam Seed(I love this Gundam more than any other Gundam and I don't care what others think).
    5. Eureka Seven(This is a beautiful story with superb animation and wonderful characters.)

For incomplete seris, Utena and Hikaru No Go.
    This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
    Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» On a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you fuck the avatar/sig above? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IpreferEcchi - Jan 29, 2017

356 by Dostojevskij »»
    27 seconds ago

» How many ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrashDax - Jul 12, 2015

2152 by Kyonman »»
    2 minutes ago

» Who has the best forum set out of the two user above?

iva- - Jan 2, 2021

46 by Luchipher-Zen »»
    2 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

6505 by 4630_Yen_Chan »»
    3 minutes ago

» What type of person do you assume the above user to be?

DeadSnow24th - Mar 6, 2016

33 by Kyonman »»
    3 minutes ago
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.