Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2013 10:45 PM
Dec 2012
Younger generations are growing up as lackluster individuals with no real character, other than the ones they play in perverted and violent videogames and the fake auto-tuned artists they download to their ipods.

Everyone wants to pretend like the digital era is so glamorous but I know realistically it’s the very foundation that is killing everyone inside.
When I was younger I used to actually go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Whatever happened to the good old times? I used to play out with about 10 friends on bikes.
It’s really sad but I’m afraid that’s what society has turned into for these little kids and the old childhood routine we used to have when we were little will never come back.

A phone, laptop, ipod, car. They want it all.

Sorry kids but a few years from now when you’re 70 the only fascinating story you’ll be able to tell your grandchildren is when you switched to the new facebook profile.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 5, 2013 10:47 PM
Jun 2012
George Orwell -
- Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
Jan 5, 2013 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
Playing outside = good old days.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Oct 2012
Don't worry, reiligion should be doing this society justice since it's a good thing.
No need to worry man.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Oct 2012
its more than that i miss the animes that lasted more then 12 or 24 episodes

plus have you seen what passes for cartoons these days

ya the kids not going outside is sad but now every adult is afraid to let their kids go outside they all think about the recent shootings around the world and think that new people are evil and will hurt someone

i loved going out and playing tag and hide n seek truely my best memories but i did live in an apartment building so everyone had to know each other
There is no right and wrong in the first place. In fact, there are only circumstances. - Nekomonogatari: Kuro

"It's only after you've lost everything, that you're free to do anything." Fight club

May 2009
Well said, drinkbeer.
Jan 5, 2013 10:51 PM

Sep 2011
Not_Biased said:

Sorry kids but a few years from now when you’re 70 the only fascinating story you’ll be able to tell your grandchildren is when you switched to the new facebook profile.
Well shit i didnt know i jumped from pre-pubescent to senior citizen in a matter of a few years

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 5, 2013 10:53 PM

May 2010
I honestly share the same thoughts.

It also comes down to a parenting. I understand it would be difficult as these kids are easily exposed to digital drugs everywhere they look, but parents need to be strict and not let their kids fall deeper into societies nonsense.
Jan 5, 2013 11:00 PM

Dec 2011
I don't pity them, but at the same time I think it's a shame that they grow up with so much technology in their lives. I was a camp councelor this year for a class of fifth graders (more like fourth graders since the school year was only two months in) and on the bus ride all I heard was "Instagram-this" and "Instagram-that" and "Xbox blah blah." What are these 9 year olds doing on instagram? Why do have smartphones for pete's sake? u_u
I hope they go outside and have an adventure, sometimes at least.
Jan 5, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2011
So true. All of it
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jan 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Oct 2012
"Go outside" is weak. Why is any activity involving going outside considered intrinsically better than any other activity?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
Not_Biased said:

Are you serious.

You know what's wrong with our generation? People like you. You dislike the glamourisation of the "new" generation, yet you are doing just that with your own generation. Do you want a reward for playing with rocks as a kid?
Jan 5, 2013 11:06 PM
Dec 2012
TsukikageRan said:
Well said, George Orwell.

Fixed, baby.

Also; I don't feel bad for them at all. To be honest, I think we're at the stage in generational transition where we have two differing ideas of what is okay to be classified as fun and what isn't. It's a progressive change we're going through. I mean, yeah, the music sucks to us (and maybe it is pure crap), but that doesn't mean it can't possibly inspire something amazing. Besides that, could you imagine all the cool stuff younger generations will get to see develop and begin? I'm almost envious, really.
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Jan 5, 2013 11:07 PM

Dec 2011
katsucats said:
"Go outside" is weak. Why is any activity involving going outside considered intrinsically better than any other activity?

Compared to sitting an texting or doing something else electronically? The memories that come out of it-- riding your bikes around the neighborhood, plaing basketball/football in the streets with the other kids on the street or friends. That's time well spent. How many experiences of gaming/texting/whatever can a person recall that will give them feelings of nostalgia?
Doing something productive is better, too. Making bracelets, drawing, whatever.
Jan 5, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
Not_Biased, I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking this but...
that sort of idea is elitist bullshit and panders to a hipster circlejerk of "HARR HARR, OLD PEOPLE ARE BETTER"
As drinkbeer appropriately quotes Orwell,
drinkbeer said:
- Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.

Anyone could say that digitalization of certain forms of entertainment is the cancer that's killing the younger generation's societal/social/physical/mental/etc. development, but what kind of argument is that? To illustrate, are we not all on a community forum based on the discussion of anime right now? If an increase in digital media is truly destroying younger generations, then are we all just buying into this gradual fall of society by having a modern form of entertainment? You can already see how an argument such as that falls apart simply because I don't think anyone in the world who uses the internet can say that it has ruined their life.
You mention how changes in entertainment are for the worst. But in reality, aren't people simply finding different ways to entertain themselves with current technology rather than being antiquated? It's almost as if you're saying the advent of technologic entertainment is a bad thing...
Also, your point that kids are becoming needier is yet again closed-minded. Kids are always going to be needy. That is the nature of being a developing child; resources are going to be in constant demand. The only difference between neediness in the modern era and neediness 50 years ago is that now there are simply different things that kids want. It doesn't make what kids wanted a long time ago any more worthwhile or valuable. I'm sure within a few decades children will be begging their parents to buy them the latest holographic projector or quantum computer.
Ultimately it simply comes down to the topic of change. Having stagnant ideas will take away from your life because human adaptability to their environment is based off of their ability to change. Saying things like "this current generation is so bad" does no good for anyone and only evidences your inability to register a change in how people are living.

I miss image BBC Code. May this sig stand as a testament to SSJMaster's power.
Jan 5, 2013 11:10 PM

Oct 2012
uzu-dragons said:
katsucats said:

Compared to sitting an texting or doing something else electronically? The memories that come out of it-- riding your bikes around the neighborhood, plaing basketball/football in the streets with the other kids on the street or friends. That's time well spent. How many experiences of gaming/texting/whatever can a person recall that will give them feelings of nostalgia?
What's nostalgic to you is not what's nostalgic to other people. Meaning is subjective. People derive meaning from different things. There is absolutely no reason to believe playing MMORPG on the computer could not be more memorable than riding a bike.

Making bracelets and drawing are productive? To what end? Unless you plan on being an artist. This comparison makes the grave mistake of assuming that no useful skills could be gained from being on the internet.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 11:10 PM

Aug 2011
I don't pity myself, so no.
Jan 5, 2013 11:11 PM

May 2012
Agree with OP, when I was 6-8 I used to play out n all that then moved into a new house where it was quite a rough area and parents didn't really want me outside... So from then on I didn't really get to enjoy it anymore.

Knieves339 said:
ya the kids not going outside is sad but now every adult is afraid to let their kids go outside they all think about the recent shootings around the world and think that new people are evil and will hurt someoner
This is kind of what must have gone through my parents heads.
Jan 5, 2013 11:12 PM

May 2012
drinkbeer said:
George Orwell -

^well said

Deal with it OP, I'm the same age with you but ain't bitching about it.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jan 5, 2013 11:13 PM
May 2012
JennyEsquire said:
So true. All of it

So many goddamn truth.
Jan 5, 2013 11:14 PM
Dec 2012
Speaking truth about the neediness.

As a kid, I got yugioh decks, beyblades, tazos, Pokemon merchandise, hot wheels, bionicles, etc. becuase they were all the rage then. As well, I got into many fights and found gang culture interesting (including marker graffiti) for the same reasons
Same basic concept, different methods and objects.
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!

Jun 2012
Yes, just as how yo mama feels sorry for your generation.
Dec 2012
Knieves339 said:
its more than that i miss the animes that lasted more then 12 or 24 episodes

plus have you seen what passes for cartoons these days

ya the kids not going outside is sad but now every adult is afraid to let their kids go outside they all think about the recent shootings around the world and think that new people are evil and will hurt someone

i loved going out and playing tag and hide n seek truely my best memories but i did live in an apartment building so everyone had to know each other

You are right man. I agree that It’s become more dangerous to let kids out with friends on the street but the world has always been dangerous.

It's not just cartoons, I hate Jersey Shore, Miley, Glee, Gossip Girl, anything else that our culture seems obsessed with at any given time. What is on TV these days? We have Hannah Montana who is the milking cow of disney – they try to portray as the sweet, nice girl next door except in reality she’s sniffing up god knows what and she’s probably already been with all her next door neighbors.

Kids today are too spoiled for their own good. That’s what 99.9% of teenagers watch these days because it’s ‘cool’ and they feel best related to the difficulties of not finding a proper tanning salon.

@uzu-dragons: That is the result of bad parenting.
Jan 5, 2013 11:18 PM

Dec 2011
katsucats said:
uzu-dragons said:
katsucats said:

What's nostalgic to you is not what's nostalgic to other people. Meaning is subjective. People derive meaning from different things. There is absolutely no reason to believe playing MMORPG on the computer could not be more memorable than riding a bike.

Making bracelets and drawing are productive? To what end? Unless you plan on being an artist. This comparison makes the grave mistake of assuming that no useful skills could be gained from being on the internet.

Meaning is subjective, but I find it hard to believe that many people would think of something you do for hours sitting, looking at screen, and mindlessly surfing the net or plaing the same games again and again as a fonder memory than being active and social.

By learning and practicing a skill. Sure, younger kids could learn some computer programming while they sit on the computer, but it's unlikely. And useful skills can be learned from the internet, but that depends on whether the user (kids, in this case) are using it for such means.
Jan 5, 2013 11:18 PM

Jan 2012
I enjoy reading, contemplating, playing dem gaimez, studying, listening to music all alone. I find myself to be completely happy and still enjoy experiences that I have with other people via technology. I do not pity future generations. Instead, I actually am envious considering that they will live longer to experience new technology and new advancements in science longer than I.
CitizeninsaneJan 5, 2013 11:23 PM
Jan 5, 2013 11:19 PM

Aug 2011
People choose to be ignorant, and we'll have those idiots in every generation regardless of the culture surrounding it. You can't possibly generalize an entire age group like that, and besides, with all this easy access to information nowadays, I would say kids have more potential than ever. And besides, the whole "kids never play outside anymore" thing is a myth. While it's true that parents are now more over-protective of their children, it's probably because crime rates in neighborhoods have gone way up. And that, I believe, is the work of the adult generation.
Jan 5, 2013 11:20 PM
Dec 2012
Citizeninsane said:
I enjoy reading, contemplating, playing dem gaimez, studying, listening to music all alone. I find myself to be completely happy and still enjoy experiences that have with other people via technology. I do not pity future generations. Instead, I actually am envious considering that they will live longer to experience new technology and new advancements in science longer than I.

This guy knows what I was talking about. Aww yeah.
Jan 5, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2012
uzu-dragons said:
katsucats said:
uzu-dragons said:
katsucats said:

Meaning is subjective, but I find it hard to believe that many people would think of something you do for hours sitting, looking at screen, and mindlessly surfing the net or plaing the same games again and again as a fonder memory than being active and social.

By learning and practicing a skill. Sure, younger kids could learn some computer programming while they sit on the computer, but it's unlikely. And useful skills can be learned from the internet, but that depends on whether the user (kids, in this case) are using it for such means.
I disagree with your assertion that it's mindless. Playing video games is surely more interactive than reading a book. It may even be more interactive than drawing. The internet has redefined the boundaries of social interaction. Nowadays we can voice chat (with video even) with people half-way across the world, all while sitting in front of our computers.

As for learning skills, I doubt kids playing outside are actively learning anything either, but most learning happens passively. There are no doubt subtle things that stick with you while biking or camping; I've done that as a child as well. I've also spent a lot of time in front of my computer. Because of gaming, I can type more than 100 WPM, and I've never attended a typing course either.

That's what you get for trying to keep up with the speed of internet chatrooms...

You see all the people on MAL who programmed their own CSS for their lists or their signatures? I doubt most of them actively learned or have a career in computer graphics or web design, it's just something that came to them because they're around it all this time.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 5, 2013 11:28 PM

May 2012
Adair said:
While it's true that parents are now more over-protective of their children, it's probably because crime rates in neighborhoods have gone way up. And that, I believe, is the work of the adult generation.

How? I agree with the rest of what you said but that bit doesn't make sense. Teenagers of this and the next generation are just as capable of committing crimes as much as adults are.
Jan 5, 2013 11:29 PM
Dec 2012
I want to correct myself: I am saying "kids" but I'm talking about anyone that is younger than 16 and I think I'm being very very generous.

When do you guys think the generation started to be messed up?
Not_BiasedJan 5, 2013 11:36 PM
Jan 5, 2013 11:30 PM

Dec 2010
JeremyA said:
JennyEsquire said:
So true. All of it

So many goddamn truth.

True. i always ask myself the very same question as Not_Biased.

Jan 5, 2013 11:30 PM

Jan 2013
Not_Biased said:
Younger generations are growing up as lackluster individuals with no real character, other than the ones they play in perverted and violent videogames and the fake auto-tuned artists they download to their ipods.

Everyone wants to pretend like the digital era is so glamorous but I know realistically it’s the very foundation that is killing everyone inside.
When I was younger I used to actually go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Whatever happened to the good old times? I used to play out with about 10 friends on bikes.
It’s really sad but I’m afraid that’s what society has turned into for these little kids and the old childhood routine we used to have when we were little will never come back.

Don't mean to insult you or anything but, you sound like an old fart who is trying to hold onto something thats ready to die. Maybe this generation is worse, but like a family member I will defend it.Because it is my generation and no matter how screwed it is there are still people this society that are excellent individuals.
Try to defeat me but try in vain.
When I win I end your pain.
Jan 5, 2013 11:33 PM

Apr 2012
How is the digital era killing everyone on the inside? It's as if going outside will prevent us from growing up with no real character or as lacklustre individuals. Have you even considered how that the digital era contains both positive and negative effects like every other era? Whether it affects a person in a negative way depends on the person.

You speak as if you do not see kids that go outside anymore, kids have the ability to go play outside, then they'll play outside if they wish. A phone, laptop, ipod and car is not making the kid incapable of going outside, if they want to go outside they will.

Good old times? if the kid wants to spend a good time on the computer then they won't force themselves to go outside if they don't want to. I don't see how playing with 10 friends on a bike is fundamentally better than spending time with 10 friends online.
Jan 5, 2013 11:35 PM

Feb 2012
this is the first thread i've seen of yours and MAL's depiction of you doesn't seem accurate which i guess isn't so surprising. in any case, i disagree with you for the most part, but some of your points strike a chord with me.

i don't see a real, feasible, problem-- with the direction the generations are going. as someone said above, there's more envy than pity in my case. life is becoming more fast-paced, practical, and younger generations are corresponding to this. maybe i think this way because i'm somewhat included in the "younger generations". i'm glad to see the old conservatives gradually disappear, and while i can't say the supposed growing "ignorance" (using this loosely) is a good thing, there's really not much bad in it either. i think true ignorance fluxuates between generations, and it's hard to assess what the younger generations will grow to be, but objectively, i do see open-mindedness and innovation becoming more regular which isn't a bad thing at all.
Jan 5, 2013 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
Not_Biased said:

same thing the older generation said
Lebron James Sucks
Jan 5, 2013 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
Not_Biased said:
When I was younger I used to actually go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Then get out of your mothers basement. I still go out and enjoy the air.
Jan 5, 2013 11:39 PM

Aug 2011
Mkayyy said:
Adair said:
While it's true that parents are now more over-protective of their children, it's probably because crime rates in neighborhoods have gone way up. And that, I believe, is the work of the adult generation.

How? I agree with the rest of what you said but that bit doesn't make sense. Teenagers of this and the next generation are just as capable of committing crimes as much as adults are.

Yes, but the way society has been set up in the last few decades or so is the work of the current older generation. And the way violence is seen and portrayed is also influenced by adults. Teenagers consume this culture, but they wouldn't if that influence wasn't there in the first place.

Basically, my point is that this generation isn't any better or worse than the previous or future ones. They all have their pros and cons.
Jan 5, 2013 11:39 PM

Jun 2012
Makes me think the dependency to technology may also lower your ability when you can't access your extended mind implant.

(I know, no alt text :/ )

Basically, back in time we need to remember the information as accessing them needed a particular effort. (going to a library, search in a dictionary etc..). With spell check and wikipedia you can be more efficient, but dependency is the cost.

I sometime have funky grammar, sorry about that. If you can correct some of my post, you would be an angel.
Jan 5, 2013 11:41 PM

May 2010
I did everything growing up. I balanced Outdoor activities and indoor and I share great memories from both. These days, it brings a smile to my face when I see kids riding their bikes around the street, kicking balls around at park, and that's not common as it once was.

I mean Call of duty is fun for about a year ....but not 6 years, before you know it you're a fat fuck complaining about how you wasted your years sitting in front of a screen without realizing there's more outside...

and so on and so on. Gadgets are convenient but doesn't mean it's always better...

Balance things to have the best of both worlds, don't be arrogant
Jan 5, 2013 11:58 PM

Dec 2011
katsucats said:
I disagree with your assertion that it's mindless. Playing video games is surely more interactive than reading a book. It may even be more interactive than drawing. The internet has redefined the boundaries of social interaction. Nowadays we can voice chat (with video even) with people half-way across the world, all while sitting in front of our computers.

As for learning skills, I doubt kids playing outside are actively learning anything either, but most learning happens passively. There are no doubt subtle things that stick with you while biking or camping; I've done that as a child as well. I've also spent a lot of time in front of my computer. Because of gaming, I can type more than 100 WPM, and I've never attended a typing course either.

That's what you get for trying to keep up with the speed of internet chatrooms...

You see all the people on MAL who programmed their own CSS for their lists or their signatures? I doubt most of them actively learned or have a career in computer graphics or web design, it's just something that came to them because they're around it all this time.

I don't disagree with you about everything--a lot of my childhood was spent both outside and inside on the computer on message boards, so I personally know about friendships and connections that are formed across the globe. I acknowledge that communities and close groups can be built over chatrooms and RPG, a long with other benefits of gaming like hand-eye coordination.

But I still consider the memories one gains from being active to be the reason for why "going outside" and like activities matter more over others. I know how to fix faulty internet connections, I know what to do to get rid of nasty viruses, I've acquired fast typing skills, the list goes on.. but to me at least, they aren't the same. Those are things that could've came to me at anytime, when "childhood memories" are only there from one point in my life (and the same would apply for everyone else). The only online-part of my life from my childhood that I really value are the friends I made online.

I do disagree with you though about the last thing-- design skills and CSS/HTML aren't things that someone just knows. They can be learned and mastered without ever taking a class on it in one's life, and anyone can start to get the gist of it when they see enough codes or artwork, but really learning it takes practice/ trial and error/ look up guides, etc.
EmmrysJan 6, 2013 12:06 AM
Jan 6, 2013 12:03 AM
Jul 2012
To be purrfectly honest yes anime these days suck ass.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Jan 6, 2013 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
FailAtLife said:
To be purrfectly honest yes anime these days suck ass.

Hey, don't start derailing the thread now. You can have opinions, but don't just arbitrarily shove snobby and elitist opinions into threads. It's not very endearing.

I miss image BBC Code. May this sig stand as a testament to SSJMaster's power.
Jan 6, 2013 12:07 AM
Mar 2010
Why should I? Their generation is going to be all they know, therefore they'll be content with living in it.

We're starting to sound like our parents, I hope you know this. I'm still waiting to crack out, "Back in my day..."

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Jan 6, 2013 12:09 AM

Oct 2012
uzu-dragons said:
I do disagree with you though about the last thing-- design skills and CSS/HTML aren't things that someone just knows. They can be learned and mastered without ever taking a class on it in one's life, and anyone can start to get the gist of it when they see enough codes or artwork, but really learning it takes practice/ trial and error/ look up guides, etc.
That's the point of contention here.

Man, I've looked so many things when I've been bored and there's internet access. I have a bunch of random knowledge that I will probably never use ever. When it comes to CSS/HTML, it starts with seeing it incidentally. For example, BBCodes on MAL are based on HTML. And then comes casual motivation -- not motivation to actually learn a programming language for its own sake -- but let's say you see your friends updating their Myspace profiles with colorful backgrounds and different fonts, and you want to figure out how to do the same. Being around the computer affords you these opportunities. This is actually more similar than different compared to getting rid of nasty viruses, or building your own computer.

And I would say it's actually the same process you would go through whether you're interested in art, music, sports, or anything else. It's not as if you are completely insulated on the ball court, the see what other people are doing, see what works, what doesn't, and try to mimic that. We do it subconsciously since birth.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 6, 2013 12:21 AM

Jul 2012
I think it messed up post 90's babies era, (1996 onwards, you're only really a 90's baby if you remember growing up in the 90's)
The point is that going out and getting fresh air and exercise is good for you, and sitmulates your brain that is still developing, whereas sitting inside on your phone, laptop, Xbox, projecting artificial light into your eyes all day is detrimental to adolescents, and it's slowly but surely dumbing down todays youth. A lot of kids where i'm from don't know how to socialise in real life because they're so used to spending all of their time on social networks. Even the ones that do go outside and socialise with real people are brainwashed by the media, and are slaves to fashion. I see these 11/12 year old kids with their smart phones and designer clothes that they pestered their working-class parents to buy for them, or they saved up their pocket money to buy.

That said, I was suprised but happy at the same time to notice that a few of my younger peers are quite on point and clued up when I talk to them about life LOL. It gave me hope for the younger generation.
God_HandsJan 6, 2013 12:25 AM
Konbu is important
Jan 6, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2012
I suppose I agree with you to a degree. All of those MTV reality shows are in fact stupid, and I don't see what other people find entertaining about them. I despise Disney Channel, but that's just me. Growing up with all of this technology has its ups and downs. I for one am guilty of sitting on the computer looking at my pointless social networking while I could be doing something more productive and actually more fun than sitting at my computer looking at status updates of my peers about how much they "hate" people, and love cats. I also played World of Warcraft in middle school which ate up a large amount of my time. However, I do enjoy going out with friends doing whatever. Whether it's playing music or just going somewhere to eat and I would gladly do that over playing a video game or being on a computer. Some people get carried away with it and others don't, but I don't think that computers or technology have ruined my generation.
Jan 6, 2013 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
Hopefully the people you mention aren't your future kids.

And yes I do think I am better than anyone else, until someone comes in and prove me wrong. I get back right up and learn from it.

Why aren't you allowing the newer generation to screw up and learn from their lesson? Sure there are idiots out there. But still my points remain.

I learn new lesson everyday, even as I am typing now. I am from 90s generations. Deal with it.
Jan 6, 2013 1:41 AM

Aug 2012
I used to think that future kids are going to grow up missing all the beauty of the older generation, but I realized people older than me think exactly the same way of mine. Honestly, I'm just going to be jealous when they quickly learn how to use the newest tech doohickey while I take a week to find out the bells and whistles.

Anyway here's some relevant satire:

REMEMBER THE 90's?!

I like how of all people, Not_Biased is the one to start these interesting topics, only to... do his "thing."
Jan 6, 2013 4:04 AM

Mar 2012
Yes, I do. I feel sorry for my generation and the generations that are coming up, since it seems that my generation think that giving birth at around 14-16 is great, smoking at that age is just plain awesome and listening to the crap pop music that we have is the best thing since sliced bread, it just makes me sick
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Jan 6, 2013 4:13 AM

Feb 2012
"Everything was better in the past." & "Kids these days."

Classic grandmother statements.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What are some authors and figures that you hold in high esteem?

FilthyApollo - 2 minutes ago

0 by FilthyApollo »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - 15 minutes ago

4 by Cielord »»
3 minutes ago

» What are your plans for Halloween 2024?

Yuno - Yesterday

25 by Rosy_Rose »»
5 minutes ago

» The Proust phenomenon

RobertBobert - 3 hours ago

4 by Cielord »»
19 minutes ago

» How close or not close would you be with your sibling(s) if they weren't your sibling(s)?

bucciest - 10 hours ago

15 by Cielord »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.