Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 1, 2008 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:24 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 1, 2008 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Zange has someone invisible who is helping her at cooking? Does she cheat at other things too?
The interviews were hilarious xD, Nagi is sure popular at school, in this point she wins over Zange.
Hahahah, Nagi owned the principal's forehead :D
Zange uses that teacher's daughter's body, so they both can control this body, what explains the cooking thing.
Nov 1, 2008 5:51 PM

Nov 2007
Awesome episode. This show is pure win. 8D.

Nagi gets more awesome in each episode. Tsugumi is probably my second favorite followed by Zange :3.
\
Nov 1, 2008 6:08 PM

Jul 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
angel999 said:
OH MAN! THIS EPISODE IRRITATED ME A LITTLE! WTF is this ecchi stuff? They made it more ecchi compared to the manga. I can't believe this. This supposed to be a light comedy type with very little ecchi yet they made more ecchi! THIS SHOW DOES NOT NEED ECCHI! I was ok with #3 and some in #4 but now it seems it is more.

Seriously no-one cares and I thought you LOVED ecchi:

YEAH NOT IN THIS SERIES! Never! I find it insulting in this series.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 2, 2008 1:30 AM

Jul 2008
the whole episode was awesome - esp the staff torch shining @ the forehead of the teacher and @ the end.

Zange sounds so cute when she said "it's so bright" when she was blinded by nagitorch. lol.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Nov 2, 2008 11:49 AM

Jul 2008
nice episode, forehead beam was awesome^^, but still didnt move to the main story yet.

Nov 2, 2008 10:46 PM

Jan 2007
oh man, so many <3 Nagi moments, especially when she powered up. Now her wand is a flashlight xD
Nov 3, 2008 12:04 AM

Sep 2007
Great episode. It gets better every time.
I laughed when the director of Kannagi showed up in the BSS board segment. xD

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Nov 3, 2008 2:04 AM

Mar 2008
Really love the bit where they talk about the director...and ayako for pointing out something a dozen of us would not understand...

VOLT LIGHTER!
Nov 3, 2008 2:34 AM

Feb 2008
The best use of a TL note I've seen in a while, the explanation about the director and his connection to Lucky Star. Ayako is really doing this show justice, they even did a lot of rather nice typesetting. I only wish it aired in HD or something, it completely deserves it.

This was a good episode, it seems we have reached the "slow" part of the show, where we know who everybody is and they are slowly building to the final arc, since this is such a short show. I hope we get a second season but I believe there isn't enough source material for another season yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My favorite moment was the entire episode, this show is just awesome. The flashlight part was hilarious though but the only reason I mention that is because it was the last scene... :)
kuroshiroiNov 3, 2008 2:40 AM
Nov 3, 2008 2:47 AM

Aug 2008
I'm melting when I see Zange ^^ So damn moe ;]
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 3, 2008 3:29 AM

Jul 2008
kuroshiroi said:
The best use of a TL note I've seen in a while, the explanation about the director and his connection to Lucky Star. Ayako is really doing this show justice, they even did a lot of rather nice typesetting. I only wish it aired in HD or something, it completely deserves it.

This was a good episode, it seems we have reached the "slow" part of the show, where we know who everybody is and they are slowly building to the final arc, since this is such a short show. I hope we get a second season but I believe there isn't enough source material for another season yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My favorite moment was the entire episode, this show is just awesome. The flashlight part was hilarious though but the only reason I mention that is because it was the last scene... :)

There might be some but I agree with you that it will take forever to create new material for it. Maybe someone will sponsor the show and then we can have a second season. But yeah, the manga does not go beyond I would say max 15 episodes that's if they make OVAs after this season.
Nov 3, 2008 4:06 AM

Jun 2008
average episode

Nagi on utube XD
Nov 3, 2008 4:12 AM

Aug 2008
Not as good as the previous eps I think, but still funny, high-quality stuff. The fan club thing was a bit too sudden for me
Nov 3, 2008 5:19 AM

Feb 2008
kuroshiroi said:
The best use of a TL note I've seen in a while, the explanation about the director and his connection to Lucky Star. Ayako is really doing this show justice, they even did a lot of rather nice typesetting.

Has he improved this much? Those 4 early Lucky Star episodes were the worst episodes of the anime..>_>

Likewise, i loved this entire episode.
Nov 3, 2008 6:05 AM

Jul 2007
HoaRy said:
Zange has someone invisible who is helping her at cooking? Does she cheat at other things too?
The interviews were hilarious xD, Nagi is sure popular at school, in this point she wins over Zange.
Hahahah, Nagi owned the principal's forehead :D
Zange uses that teacher's daughter's body, so they both can control this body, what explains the cooking thing.

i think hakua knows how to but she doesn't want to "cheat" on nagi and tsugumi since it was zange who challenged them, not hakua herself. just a thought :P
Nov 3, 2008 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
angel999 said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
angel999 said:
OH MAN! THIS EPISODE IRRITATED ME A LITTLE! WTF is this ecchi stuff? They made it more ecchi compared to the manga. I can't believe this. This supposed to be a light comedy type with very little ecchi yet they made more ecchi! THIS SHOW DOES NOT NEED ECCHI! I was ok with #3 and some in #4 but now it seems it is more.
Seriously no-one cares and I thought you LOVED ecchi:
YEAH NOT IN THIS SERIES! Never! I find it insulting in this series.
wat.

The episode was hilarious, between the director on the fan club page, the nagitorch and more specifically the forehead beam, I have no complaints. I was relatively startled when Suzushiro brought up the possession question, that freaked me out, but he's cool so meh.

Regarding the whole Hakua thing with the cooking, yeah, it seems she just has limits to how far she'll go considering she apparently didn't want any part of the contest to begin with.

I'm going to be really, really heartbroken if this doesn't get a second season. I don't think I anticipate a new episode of any show quite as much as this, and that's saying something.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 3, 2008 7:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, great outcome. Very nice episode and lots of hilarious Nagi moments.

*hails Nagi* _0_

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 3, 2008 9:18 AM

Aug 2007
Very good episode, not quite as funny as some of the previous ones, but story development in the second half made up for it.
Nov 3, 2008 10:03 AM

Mar 2008
rofl at the director being in the fan club, and the light from the staff reflecting off the teachers head. i'm glad i picked up this show.
Nov 3, 2008 10:10 AM

Sep 2008
That was pretty funny the flash light thing made me laugh
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2008 10:23 AM

Apr 2007
Please don't put milk into your miso soup.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 10:27 AM

Oct 2007
So all the power that she was gathering was to be used as a flashlight and use it for picking up the coin dropped under a vending machine?

Nagi you got my approved.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 3, 2008 10:46 AM

Jul 2008
Siva said:
So all the power that she was gathering was to be used as a flashlight and use it for picking up the coin dropped under a vending machine?

Nagi you got my approved.

LOL your comment made my LOL of the day!

On a serious note I think that her light shines on those bugs and kills them ONE SHOT!
Nov 3, 2008 12:17 PM
Nov 3, 2008 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
Before this one, I thought of Kannagi as a solid but unspectacular series, but this is a legitimately brilliant episode. Tons of inspired jokes and sequences (Nagi's Web site, the interviews with the message board posters, the cook-off, SUPER NAGI BROS.~, etc.), and I laughed uproariously from start to finish. I seriously think this is the funniest single episode of anything I have seen this season. Just wonderful. :)
Nov 3, 2008 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode, really hilarious. I really love this anime :)
Nov 3, 2008 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
XD

Not much else to say that hasn't been said already :)
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 3, 2008 3:30 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:

NAGI BEING WORSHIPED+I REALLY DID NOT NEED SO MUCH ECCHI! In fact who needs TO SEE THE ASS OF A GODDESS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE KILLED BY HER!

Lol at you thinking it's actually too much ecchi. That's like... one scene that barely lasted a few seconds? Seriously, you complain way too much. I'm pretty sure we'll all get killed very soon because we're watching Kannagi and we saw that scene.

Anyway, this was a great episode. I'm glad they didn't go the generic harem and have all the girls end up living in his house. The interview part had to be the best segment of the show. Lulz at the DFC part.
Nov 3, 2008 3:41 PM

Sep 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

NAGI BEING WORSHIPED+I REALLY DID NOT NEED SO MUCH ECCHI! In fact who needs TO SEE THE ASS OF A GODDESS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE KILLED BY HER!

Lol at you thinking it's actually too much ecchi. That's like... one scene that barely lasted a few seconds? Seriously, you complain way too much. I'm pretty sure we'll all get killed very soon because we're watching Kannagi and we saw that scene.

What do you expect from someone who believes solar flares are caused by planet X.

Lolz wut where was this?
Nov 3, 2008 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
Rofl, that little fanservice and you still complain xD
Well I too think that there shouldn't be ecchi in kannagi tough I'm already happy there is only a few like that xD.

Want to know too about solar flare and planet X x)
Nov 3, 2008 4:11 PM

Jul 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
Wasabi said:
Lolz wut where was this?

It's the link in his signature

Damn, beat to it. THE APOCALYPSE IS 2012... WHO IS READY?!

Oh wait, I think I just quoted his signature. Shit.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 3, 2008 5:08 PM

Jan 2008
Very good episode. Pretty much laughed the whole way through XD
Nov 3, 2008 5:38 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode!
lol, the director is a nagi fanclub member...
"Nagi-sama, please help me for the remaining episodes so that I don't get sacked"
... freakin love that part XD

and wooo~ nagi's feet are cute!
err... i think I'm starting to have a foot fetish XD
Nov 3, 2008 5:43 PM

Sep 2007
LolzwutatPlanetX. That site is like... 5 years old? They still use a map with Pluto on it.

I bet Nagi's powers are affected by planet X too.
Nov 3, 2008 6:04 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-(Also could be applied to episode 4) Its the Zange-chan channel! All Zange all the time, we are driving the Weather Channel out of business!

-Congratulations Jin, you are officially in a harem anime.

-Well girls there is only one way to settle this, Janken!

-I find this odd, a goddess like Zange is using a living body as a vessel and has some problems controlling it occasionally, then Emma Ai is somehow able to control her living vessel so well that she burst out of the poor girl's back on weekly basis to send someone to hell. What is up with that?

-What the heck is up with Nagi's nose after the cooking is completed?!? I know in the episode 1 discussion I said she was like Pinocchio with boobies but this is ridiculous!

-Nagi fan club vs. your local on the eights with Zange-chan...so this is what it looks like when deities collide?

-"With her flat chest we can eat 3 bowls of rice." So thats where rice comes from, Harvest Moon and Wikipedia lied to me!

-LOL Yamatube, unlike the other guys we wont take your anime videos down.

-OOOH shiny membership cards!

-Of course she has her reasons for going to school, if she didnt we would never get to see her in a school uniform now would we Jin, didnt think about that now did you?

-Mario uses fire flowers to dispatch his enemies, Nagi uses a plastic wand.

-Look why dont you stay on your side of the river and ill keep the worshippers on this side of the river.

-"Your the girl who has been causing problems here right?" ...No...no I am not... *slowly begins to step back*

-Everyone quickly, form an angry mob and rush the door, its the only way to save Nagi-san but watch out, apparently the JSDF is experimenting with a new laser beam and they installed it in that guys forehead for some reason...

-Nagi's laser > JSDF Laser

-Suzushiro's father is a priest and Zange-chan's father...dont those two things kinda cancel each other out. Even if they dont it still sends up a bunch of red flags as to his actual role in the series he he.

-The Exorcism of Suzushiro Hakua...coming soon to a theater that is not in any way near you.

-Thats right Zange, fear the light staff of Nagi! Its like a coming attraction light.

Post Episode Comments:

Very very nice episode. Lots of plot development, humor, and just general fun. This is shaping up to be a really solid anime.

Nov 3, 2008 7:44 PM

Jul 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

What do you expect from someone who believes solar flares are caused by planet X.

You guys make LOL! Listen just a comment, I can't help it if I demand RESPECT for Nagi! You think Nagi real wants us to see her naked! HA! That will be the day although fans are doing it already.

On top of that the Shrine is real in Japan..sigh

seekster said:
Comments made while watching:

-(Also could be applied to episode 4) Its the Zange-chan channel! All Zange all the time, we are driving the Weather Channel out of business!

-Congratulations Jin, you are officially in a harem anime.

-Well girls there is only one way to settle this, Janken!

-I find this odd, a goddess like Zange is using a living body as a vessel and has some problems controlling it occasionally, then Emma Ai is somehow able to control her living vessel so well that she burst out of the poor girl's back on weekly basis to send someone to hell. What is up with that?

-What the heck is up with Nagi's nose after the cooking is completed?!? I know in the episode 1 discussion I said she was like Pinocchio with boobies but this is ridiculous!

-Nagi fan club vs. your local on the eights with Zange-chan...so this is what it looks like when deities collide?

-"With her flat chest we can eat 3 bowls of rice." So thats where rice comes from, Harvest Moon and Wikipedia lied to me!

-LOL Yamatube, unlike the other guys we wont take your anime videos down.

-OOOH shiny membership cards!

-Of course she has her reasons for going to school, if she didnt we would never get to see her in a school uniform now would we Jin, didnt think about that now did you?

-Mario uses fire flowers to dispatch his enemies, Nagi uses a plastic wand.

-Look why dont you stay on your side of the river and ill keep the worshippers on this side of the river.

-"Your the girl who has been causing problems here right?" ...No...no I am not... *slowly begins to step back*

-Everyone quickly, form an angry mob and rush the door, its the only way to save Nagi-san but watch out, apparently the JSDF is experimenting with a new laser beam and they installed it in that guys forehead for some reason...

-Nagi's laser > JSDF Laser

-Suzushiro's father is a priest and Zange-chan's father...dont those two things kinda cancel each other out. Even if they dont it still sends up a bunch of red flags as to his actual role in the series he he.

-The Exorcism of Suzushiro Hakua...coming soon to a theater that is not in any way near you.

-Thats right Zange, fear the light staff of Nagi! Its like a coming attraction light.

Post Episode Comments:

Very very nice episode. Lots of plot development, humor, and just general fun. This is shaping up to be a really solid anime.

PLease keep POSTING! Each time your comments make me LOL! LOL! LOL! Please psot for number #5 of Jigoku Shoujo! Please!
angel999Nov 3, 2008 7:48 PM
Nov 3, 2008 8:09 PM

Jul 2008
why are there so many post trolls nowadays in MAL -_- sigh.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Nov 3, 2008 8:45 PM

Jul 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
angel999 said:
Flibbertigibbet said:
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

You guys make LOL! Listen just a comment, I can't help it if I demand RESPECT for Nagi! You think Nagi real wants us to see her naked! HA! That will be the day although fans are doing it already.

On top of that the Shrine is real in Japan..sigh

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Nagi is a cartoon character.

Yeah I know about Nagi and what she is. The fact is what about the religion tradition related to this. There is some Shinto stuff in this series.

AkariChan said:
why are there so many post trolls nowadays in MAL -_- sigh.

I don't troll just contribute.
Nov 3, 2008 11:37 PM

Dec 2007
Awesome epiosde and lots of hilarious Nagi moments as I lol'd so hard. Nagi is so cute. <3 Good plot development so far.
Nov 3, 2008 11:41 PM

Apr 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:

SHUT UP SHUT UP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 11:59 PM

Feb 2008
Not having read the manga, I'm guessing from this episode on, the story-line will continue Nagi, and Zange's path to becoming idols? What is the BIG, overlaying picture? I'm a bit confused in the direction this show is going.
seraphjeiNov 4, 2008 12:09 AM
Nov 4, 2008 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
i absolutely loved it when he yelled out that her personality sucks. tho the only inconsistency is that if they are supposed to be his half sisters then how can they be competing for him.
Nov 4, 2008 1:36 AM
Oct 2008
There are small flashes that this anime can become great but in my opinion it has been a dissapointment after the first episode but like i said those small flashes is what is keeping this anime interesting enough to continue
Nov 4, 2008 3:02 AM

Jan 2008
Loved the in-joke about the director. What a way to get back at KyoAni.
Nov 4, 2008 5:02 AM

Oct 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:
I don't really care about the other comment but this one is kind of a little too much for me. What is so wrong about being worship someone who is being a cartoon character?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 4, 2008 5:26 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i don't really get why some ppl are obsessed with this anime. yeah it's cute, but come on..it's not amazing or anything...
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 4, 2008 5:27 AM

Jan 2008
Naruleach said:
i don't really get why some ppl are obsessed with this anime. yeah it's cute, but come on..it's not amazing or anything...
Point is? We are not allowed to be obsessed?
Nov 4, 2008 5:49 AM

Dec 2007
-Same composer as Lucky Star and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Same director as a few episodes of Lucky Star
-Opening involving dancing
-Seemingly slice-of-life but actually has deep supernatural elements
-Idols

Why the hell did Kyo-Ani NOT animate this show?
Nov 4, 2008 9:31 AM

Jul 2008
Neverender said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

SHUT UP SHUT UP

ALRIGHT NEVERENDER! I dig your meaning-------->We don't care if she is what she is a anime person..........to us she is a Goddess! A reality that is great to watch!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dtshyk - Oct 4, 2008

159 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.