Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 17, 2012 2:02 AM

Oct 2011
so to my understanding, the are right now is completely filler, i'm just wondering what is everyone's thoughts on it.
I_Am_AwesomeAug 17, 2012 2:06 AM
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 17, 2012 11:29 AM

May 2012
i think story-wise they did a great job. i sort of like how they brought back the edolas villains in the normal world but (i'm only on 137) and from the new op I don't know how I feel about seeing midnight and cobra again.. the jiggle butt gang is silly but they grew on me again. a lot of good moments, silly/boring moments. not bad overall.

amazing ending for the first half.
Aug 17, 2012 12:42 PM
Apr 2012
As a heads up to anyone who doesn't know Fairy Tail is currently listed up to episode 146. Check here for more information.
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Episodes

Even if it is a filler arc that is not featured in the manga, its still pretty good and just gives the manga writers more time to work on the better story lines. Besides that, there is the movie to consider, and even if the animation is slightly different, the story is being directed by the manga writers and from the look of the 5th and 6th trailer, it looks pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccm_v_o0JfI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_682703&feature=iv&src_vid=Ccm_v_o0JfI&v=itFJyrJK4PA
Aug 17, 2012 1:50 PM
Feb 2012
It's the shittiest thing ever.
Aug 17, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2010
I watched like the first episode of it, I thought it was going to end in a couple episodes so I have been waiting for months to watch all of the filler at once. I'm still waiting for when somebody in the guild to act with caution whenever someone weird walks into the guild.
Aug 17, 2012 6:00 PM
Aug 2011
Better than anything Naruto and Bleach ever produced, combined.

The outline of the plot was written by Mashima-Sama afterall.

I rate this arc 7/10

Its better than the Cursed Island and Edolas arcs
Aug 17, 2012 7:09 PM

Jun 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I rate this arc 7/10

Are the honorifics really needed?
Aug 17, 2012 7:11 PM
Jan 2008
Agree with Gash. It's definitely better than the Edolas arc and is actually relevant to the manga.

The only thing I'm fify with is them including humour in important fights, however that's becoming lesser, so... it's all good. :D
Aug 17, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2007
I can't wait till it ends. It's not as bad as some filler, but it still sucks. Suffers from the same things that make all filler suck. No lasting effects. Main cast looks incompetent. At least we haven't seen the idiotic jiggly butt guys in a while.

I just don't like it.
Aug 17, 2012 8:23 PM

Jun 2011
It's shit.
Aug 17, 2012 8:52 PM
Aug 2011
FastWheels said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I rate this arc 7/10

Are the honorifics really needed?

...YES
Aug 18, 2012 12:34 AM

Sep 2010
I actually liked the Edolas arc the best in this series right next to the Tower of Heaven one thank you very much. Dx

Got bored after episode 133 so I put it on hold until it gets back to animating the manga. I will go back and watch the fillers once the anime ends or goes on hiatus...or something.

So,

Is bad, just start the next arc already (your vote)
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 18, 2012 1:24 AM
Jul 2018
The plot seems to be well constructed, however the guild's power nerf, and the unnecessary talking in the mid of action kinda break it for me, makes it seem less serious. Like one moment they're fighting the other they're casualy talking, only to be fighting the moment right after. It seems that the arc should've been planned better, if it was, it would become one of the best (plotwise at least)
removed-userNov 3, 2012 4:16 PM
Aug 18, 2012 2:46 AM

May 2011
the plot are very well planned and executed at the right timing..with plotwist
the fighting scene are well done i rate the filler as of ep 144 , 8/10...

off-topic : i heard the filler will last till ep 160, is it true?
Aug 18, 2012 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
Was good and than it turned to crap 2-3 episodes ago.
Aug 18, 2012 5:01 PM

Jul 2010
The first half of this arc was horrible, it constantly added moments that felt like they basically made fillers WITHIN a filler, not to mention how slow the first half was before anything really happened.With the second half still going however, seems to be a huge improvement from the first half, but it's just that the first season left me such a bad impression that the entire arc looks "Meh" because of it.
Aug 18, 2012 5:05 PM

Mar 2012
As soon as i realized the first filler episode, I've put FT on hiatus.
Aug 19, 2012 9:08 AM

Sep 2007
If they didn't said that was a filler, i will never knew about this.
So it's good as a normal arc.
Aug 19, 2012 9:58 AM

Apr 2012
Jesus, some people are such Fairy Tail fanboys that they can't look at things even slightly objectively.

This arc isn't completely shit, but anyone who says it's as good as Fairy Tail when it's at its best is just talking out of their ass. Both story and fight scenes are garbage compared to say Tower of Heaven. And I agree with Firejolly, a fair amount of the episodes doesn't even progress the plot of the filler at all, and are indeed filler inside of a filler.

Like I said in another thread, writing a story is hard, but animating a half decent fight that doesn't make all of the main characters look like complete thrash is not.
Aug 19, 2012 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
TehRoboRoller said:
Jesus, some people are such Fairy Tail fanboys that they can't look at things even slightly objectively.

This arc isn't completely shit, but anyone who says it's as good as Fairy Tail when it's at its best is just talking out of their ass. Both story and fight scenes are garbage compared to say Tower of Heaven. And I agree with Firejolly, a fair amount of the episodes doesn't even progress the plot of the filler at all, and are indeed filler inside of a filler.

Like I said in another thread, writing a story is hard, but animating a half decent fight that doesn't make all of the main characters look like complete thrash is not.

Yes. Thank you someone sees the light.
Aug 19, 2012 12:23 PM

Apr 2009
The filler is just a necessary evil. I hope the anime doesn't lose popularity because of it. I specifically hate what they did to Wendy and Erza. Terrible.
Aug 19, 2012 1:14 PM

Jan 2012
Its better than most filler but I do hope it ends soon.
I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them
Aug 19, 2012 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
Personally, I would've thought a good idea for a filler arc could've been one focusing on Gildarts, it'd be nice to see what it's like on some of his quests. But maybe that's just me.

MachoGooseAug 19, 2012 6:35 PM
Aug 19, 2012 5:01 PM

Apr 2012
Firejolly said:
Personally, I would've thought a good idea for a filler arc could've been one focusing on Gildarts, it'd be nice to see what it's like on some of his quests are like. But maybe that's just me.

Damn, I'd watch that.
Aug 20, 2012 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
TehRoboRoller said:

This arc isn't completely shit, but anyone who says it's as good as Fairy Tail when it's at its best is just talking out of their ass.

>Not respecting other people's opinions
>The internet
Aug 20, 2012 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
SergioSource said:
>Not respecting other people's opinions
>The internet

Hmm, you're right. I'm sorry. I just find it baffling. Seems I was a little on edge yesterday.
Aug 20, 2012 6:49 PM
Aug 2012
Its better than the other filler arc
Aug 21, 2012 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
I personally dont like it that much. Its still good enough to watch it, but it is very clear this is a filler arc.

The 'extra' characters feel more childish (a fluffy dino doll and a teddy slot machine?), and alot of the dialogue of the main characters have the same problem.
Most fairy tail characters in this arc turned stereotypes of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, this arc had its fine moments and certainly made me smile now and then, but saying its the same as all the other storylines is simply not true.
Aug 22, 2012 5:14 PM

May 2012
Im not the biggest of FT fans.. but i watch it and i really cba to watch the filler arc, but i've seen a few people say its related to the manga story. So i want to ask if i should watch it or not?
Aug 22, 2012 5:55 PM
Aug 2011
Mkayyy said:
Im not the biggest of FT fans.. but i watch it and i really cba to watch the filler arc, but i've seen a few people say its related to the manga story. So i want to ask if i should watch it or not?

If you didn't read the manga I'll put this under a spoiler tag, but I'll use code-words so it won't really be spoilers, or even make much sense.

I would say you should watch it. Its really doing good for a filler arc. The basic plot/outline was written by Hiro Mashima-Sama himself too.

Just know that I'm one of those extreme FT Fanboys. However, if the plot was that bad I really wouldn't recommend it. It hits low points here and there but it also has its high points. Its now only reaching the climate, and I firmly I believe that it will get much better from here on out.
Aug 22, 2012 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
The arc isn't bad but it's nowhere near as good as the Fairy Tail we are used to watching.

The story for the filler is okay, there's been alot worse in other shows but the fact that the filler has just been so far Fairy Tail getting owned time and time again that's what annoys me for a filler arc.

Although watching it has made me go back to the Oricion Seis first arc and rewatch it so it did something there :L.

For me more fairy tail is better than it being on hold for 3 months or some time like that even if it is filler.
Aug 22, 2012 6:55 PM

May 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Mkayyy said:

If you didn't read the manga I'll put this under a spoiler tag, but I'll use code-words so it won't really be spoilers, or even make much sense.

I would say you should watch it. Its really doing good for a filler arc. The basic plot/outline was written by Hiro Mashima-Sama himself too.

Just know that I'm one of those extreme FT Fanboys. However, if the plot was that bad I really wouldn't recommend it. It hits low points here and there but it also has its high points. Its now only reaching the climate, and I firmly I believe that it will get much better from here on out.

Ok but if its a filler then it wasn't in the manga? n if it wasn't in the manga then surely it cant be that big of a part to the story? :| I don't really care if its a good or bad filler arc atm, can you just tell me this, if I miss this filler arc will I be baffled later on? or will I understand what's going on without much thought?
Aug 23, 2012 6:56 PM

May 2008
I'd watch it Mkayyy. It's completely filler, but it's pretty interesting seeing the Earthland counterparts of some of the Edolas characters.
Aug 23, 2012 7:46 PM

Aug 2012
I watch FT from time to time. Like i'll watch, stop, then catch up later. This arc is the first that I watch religiously, since i find it more interesting.

I prefer this over some of the other arcs of Fairy Tail. Started off a bit slow, and a couple episodes dragged for a bit, but overall i feel like it's a strong arc. The plot and characters feel a bit darker. FT getting the butt kicked is tiring, though it does make sense. Some better fights would be welcome. I like humor, it seems more well-balanced. Except for the fart jokes. The plot is good, but i think a lot of the people who watch FT won't be able to understand it. There is a lot more going on than in other arcs.

I do love how much the other characters are seen, like Max, Laki, and the rest of Ft. It helps explain some things between the manga arcs. I like Natsu more in this arc, since he seems less volatile. Usually he just annoys me. I think the little intricacies added in some scenes and characters are fantastic. The drawbacks (the JBG, lack of fighting scenes, some episodes drag a bit) don't outweigh the positives for me. It's funny though, whenever i ask folks what they dislike about it though, no one ever gives me a straight answer =(
They either just don't like the JBG, didn't finish the arc, or just want the Magic Games arc to start.
Aug 23, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2012
mhm.. guess I will watch it then, I hope its good though as I see FT a waste of time sometimes :( dont get me wrong I just don't like how FT members somehow manage to win against almost impossible enemies (e.g. Erza vs Azuma).
Aug 25, 2012 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
Fairy Tail fillers are good but I just don't like this current filler arc.
Aug 25, 2012 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
There are a few moments where i could blow up but it's not a bad filler just it has a bit more annoying thing then what we actually can bear... (e.g.:jiggle butt gang and the "jitsu wa" guy)
Aug 25, 2012 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
I think it's better than random fillers that don't have a story or nothing at all. It's almost as good as a regular arc but fillers don't allow characters to get powered up or introduce new permanent characters so it's a little worse
Aug 27, 2012 10:47 PM
Feb 2008
Galaxy180 said:
TehRoboRoller said:

Completely agree, I havn't read the Manga for Fairy Tail but I could tell off back it was a filler. The story is just too stiff and all the characters seem a lil off
Aug 28, 2012 7:08 PM
Jan 2008
TehRoboRoller said:

That is extremely subjective. If you come back with an amazing story and amazing animation (from scratch no less), maybe your opinion could be taken into account, but really, that comment is an attack at animators as a whole.

Anyway, no, I find the story and fight scenes better than the earlier Fairy Tail arcs, maybe not up to date with Tower of Heaven and Fighting Festival, but it's fairly well done beating such as Daybreak and Galuna Island. And before you rant and label some people as Fairy Tail fanboys, it'd only take a few seconds to realize that the ones ranting the most are Fairy Tail fanboys who read the manga.
Aug 31, 2012 10:33 PM

Nov 2007
You can tell nothing matters in it. The main cast does little, and when they do they can't do much against bad. The battles suck. Characters disappear and reappear without any meaning. They keep cramming the Jiggly Butt gang at us despite nobody like those awful characters.
Sep 1, 2012 4:12 AM

Mar 2012
Not that bad, in the beginning it was dragging on, but now it's getting better, after like a whole season. Hope the battles are thrilling like the other arcs. Cause I mean Gildarts punch was pretty much bad ass, and the animation for the latest episode was better than expected.
Sep 14, 2012 1:27 PM

Apr 2012
PervisumChaos said:
TehRoboRoller said:

That is extremely subjective. If you come back with an amazing story and amazing animation (from scratch no less), maybe your opinion could be taken into account, but really, that comment is an attack at animators as a whole.

Anyway, no, I find the story and fight scenes better than the earlier Fairy Tail arcs, maybe not up to date with Tower of Heaven and Fighting Festival, but it's fairly well done beating such as Daybreak and Galuna Island. And before you rant and label some people as Fairy Tail fanboys, it'd only take a few seconds to realize that the ones ranting the most are Fairy Tail fanboys who read the manga.

It is indeed subjective, but I also think that you misunderstood what I was trying to say, which might be my fault, since english isn't my native tongue.

I'm not hating on the ANIMATION per say (exactly how it is drawn, although at least in some scenes it's been looking rather sloppy), it's more a problem of how the battles are written and the choreography is really bad. When I said thrash I meant that they made the main characters look weak, not 'ugly'.

I sure as hell couldn't draw anything better, but I've certainly seen stuff that's a lot better.
Sep 22, 2012 12:56 PM
May 2011
Sucks. 2 seasons of episodes like the 24h race or changeling would have been a looooot better. Episodes like those were actually funny. These episodes aren't funny, and the plot and battles are shitty too. Michelle-Doll Plot Twist was pretty good, i had to admit it, but the rest was totally awful, it destroyed the story doing things like Mirajane's new Power up and creating Overpowered characters like the guy with the octopus, Cobra or the creeper.

Oh, and why is everybody hating on Galuna arc? Second half was pretty awesome.
Rating things is overrated.
Sep 25, 2012 9:29 AM
Jul 2012
Is this filler any good because I finally caught up and on episode 122 I heard after a few episodes the rest is filler. I'm not in the mood to waste my time with some bullshit, so should I just read the manga instead?
Sep 25, 2012 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
The plot was interesting, but there was lots of useless fights. Most villains were ridiculous looking and some of them were even recycled characters. It would have been better without too many battles and villains. I hope they end it properly at least.
Sep 27, 2012 7:10 PM
Jul 2012
i started this filler and it's ridiculously bad. The fights suck and the story sucks so far. Hopefully they start animating the grand magic game soon
Sep 27, 2012 7:20 PM

Feb 2012
I don't find this filler arc that interesting. Well, It's not that great but it's not bad either.
Mediocre arc.
Sep 28, 2012 2:21 PM
Jul 2012
Azuvia said:
I don't like it but I don't really mind, I guess that's because I really want to see the GMG arc animated.
It's gonna get animated on October omg

early or late please say early :(
Sep 28, 2012 7:51 PM
Jan 2008
JavierR said:
Azuvia said:
I don't like it but I don't really mind, I guess that's because I really want to see the GMG arc animated.
It's gonna get animated on October omg

early or late please say early :(

Next episode... If you looked at the episode last week, it was obviously going to wrap up the week or 2 weeks after. This makes me question if you're even understanding the filler arc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

A2ZOMG - Nov 23, 2009

123 by Summer7055 »»
Yesterday, 5:21 AM

» What were that group in the weird clothes like

Remocracy - Jun 7

5 by Owlblocks »»
Jun 8, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 166 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2013

142 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 165 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2013

139 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 164 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

111 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 5, 12:41 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.