Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2010 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 22, 2010 9:08 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, this episode was actually really interesting. I knew that Touma would end up fighting against the guy from the preview in the last episode, but I didn't expect the arc to continue afterwards, going into more depth about the mysteries of the roman church, and how it operates.

The fight itself was pretty intriguing, with the enemy having a very unique power that Touma had to improvise against to pull out a win. Touma x Stiyl combo was funny, and worked surprisingly well.

Great buildup episode. It looks like the actual enemies may turn out to be those nuns that we've been seeing a lot of in the past two episodes. The whole "roman church" aspect to this episode just made the entire arc much more intriguing. I did get a little laugh out of Index's bite attack on Touma, as usual, but for the most part, the episode was rather serious.

Screenshots:

Kuro4735Oct 22, 2010 6:59 PM

Oct 22, 2010 9:11 AM

Jul 2010
Can not trust anyone any longer de geso!

4/5
Oct 22, 2010 9:21 AM

Oct 2009
god damnit... Index is really starting to pissing me off. Is so damn useless. And the episode was nice.
5 of 5 because the Touma- Styil combination rocks

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Oct 22, 2010 10:11 AM

May 2010
I want my BiriBiri
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 22, 2010 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
Index needs to stop biting, it's annoying and that sister is batshit insane trying to kill Touma just because he touched her on the shoulder which isn't even suggestive.

Oct 22, 2010 2:47 PM

Oct 2009
Hoppy said:
...and that sister is batshit insane trying to kill Touma just because he touched her on the shoulder which isn't even suggestive...

and when she went apeshit, her face reminds me of Ayana from Seikon no Qwaser

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Oct 22, 2010 3:41 PM

Sep 2009
lmao that nurse's batshit moment looks liked something out of higurashi haha

overall, an awesome ep. Touma and Stiyl's combo was win!
Oct 22, 2010 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
Who fucking faints after 1 tackle?
Mugen needs to find better lackeys.

Mugen himself is such a disappoint.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2010 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
Liked the episode. Good build up and it gets interesting, now the nuns are the enemies.
Oct 22, 2010 4:17 PM

Feb 2010
I still can't figure out if that guy is lying or not. He could easily be lying as much as telling the truth but either way... these loli nuns are getting on my nerves.. KILL EM ALL!
Oct 22, 2010 4:18 PM

Jun 2009
dang, Index doing work. She's competent to take care of her own now.

Shit I totally thought it was Tanaka Rie voicing the crazy nun for sure. I look back at cast and find out it was the sweet gentle Ise Mariya?
Sprite_CokeOct 22, 2010 4:42 PM
Oct 22, 2010 4:28 PM

Apr 2010
Spreading Christianity is supposed to bring salvation? That sentence itself is pure hypocrisy!!
More people have been killed because of religion then for any other reason, wasn't it Christianity that started the crusades?
And ironically pretty much every sacred such as the Bible or the Koran say that you should not harm others.
There was even a bishop who mention, killing in his name is a insult to God.

Touma was cute when putting that necklace around that sisters neck, he should know that she didn't meant anything romantic with it.
And the cliffhanger was nice.
Oct 22, 2010 4:44 PM

Aug 2010
What a plot twist!!!! I'm rooting for Amakusa now. Oh and i want more biribiri :D
Oct 22, 2010 4:47 PM

Nov 2009
HawthorneKitty said:

Good, i am not the only one getting Mugen vibes. =P
Agreed, that girl basically got taken down by a bottle of mustard. Thankfully, the other battles were better, and index was useful.

Feels like nothing has really happened 3 episodes in, but i guess that is because the first episode was a separate story. I completely get what is going on by now though unlike last week!

Looking forward to see Touma try and rescue Orsola.
Oct 22, 2010 4:53 PM

Apr 2010
This episode seemed really short o_O. It did not feel like 20+ minutes at all. The episode was good overall. Feinting after a tackle is really dumb though and was Touma really okay after that hit?

Oct 22, 2010 5:06 PM
Nov 2009
Fuck the magic side, GIMME MY SCIENSE SIDE!!!!
Oct 22, 2010 5:32 PM

Oct 2010
Wonder why Stiyl didn't say anything about Touma having given away his necklace/cross...

Also, Roman Catholic Yangire Sister?
Oct 22, 2010 5:58 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't know mah sister Thigh-highs was a psycho and my sister Taiga was pretty adorable. :3
Oct 22, 2010 6:03 PM
Jan 2010
They should have showed some Amakusa vs Nun fight it would hve been interesting seeing nuns fight.

Index did a small thing this episode and the preview suggests she will actually do more next time. maybe the Johann's Pen self defense thing taht she used to blow up tree diagram.
Ayako using stiyl now instead of whatever they used last week (Steyl?)
its hard to find an OP and ED that i dislike this season.
Oct 22, 2010 6:05 PM

Mar 2010
Great ep, battle nuns, asskickan' fightan', great action overall and zomg plottweeeeeeests

And the Kanzaki clip was fucking awesome

Confucius said:
I want my BiriBiri

Magic arc, not science arc. No biribiri for you
Oct 22, 2010 6:13 PM

Mar 2010
The episode really did feel short for me too, though it was great.
index seems really useless just standing around and biting, but she seems to be getting more serious though. That cliffhanger left me wanting for more!! can't wait to see touma kick some loli nun ass! d:
I didn't really expect the whole plot twist.
Oct 22, 2010 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
check said:
Fuck the magic side, GIMME MY SCIENSE SIDE!!!!

*Drive-Bys*Magic Side all day! Fuck Science Side! *throws up Magic side hand signs*

--

Ahem, Pretty Good episode. Nice Teamwork by Stiyl and Touma there. Though I also do wonder what it was that he was using, maybe its similar to whatever Kanzaki uses. Not very sure though, cause I hardly remember it. Man did Lucia go crazy or what?......I think I'm in love with her!! and that weapon of hers is cool too!

Anyways, people need to stop whining about Misaka. Go wait for Railgun S2. This is about Index and Touma
KenjuOct 22, 2010 6:33 PM

Oct 22, 2010 7:50 PM
May 2010
Obvious plot twist was obvious.

Never trust Roman Catholics.
Oct 22, 2010 8:12 PM
Jul 2008
I thought the enemy was defeated too quickly...
Oct 22, 2010 8:46 PM

May 2008
is it just me or is everything too interesting right now i cant wait for the next episode

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 22, 2010 8:46 PM

Apr 2008
How ppl faint in one tackle whats more their head never hit the floor -.-lll

Oct 22, 2010 8:57 PM

Mar 2010
It was a decent episode. A little build up, mixed in with a little action. Lacked a little in story development aspect though. The episode also felt immensely short. I still look forward to next week's and hopefully a little more entertaining! :)
Oct 22, 2010 9:29 PM

Jun 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

Damn.....I DEEPLY wanted a Champloo moment.......Mugen FAIL.
Oct 22, 2010 9:46 PM

Jun 2008
Index: "Touma, Touma, Touma, Touma, Touma, Touma, Touma, Touma....."

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Anyways, here is my Scoreboard for episode 3:

Touma tackling that stupid girl..........................+1
More Religion Bullshit.....................................-1
Ripoff Mugen making the real Mugen facepam.......-10
Roman Catholics as the potential badguys...........+1

Overall, I still find this increasingly annoying and I deeply want to go to the "Science Side", also would someone PLEASE kill Index.......2/5
Oct 22, 2010 9:48 PM

May 2010
alexcampos said:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

Anyways, here is my Scoreboard for episode 3:

Touma tackling that stupid girl..........................+1
More Religion Bullshit.....................................-1
Ripoff Mugen making the real Mugen facepam.......-10
Roman Catholics as the potential badguys...........+1

Overall, I still find this increasingly annoying and I deeply want to go to the "Science Side", also would someone PLEASE kill Index.......2/5

You have spoken good words, Moka-san.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 22, 2010 9:53 PM
Dec 2007
People need to shut up already about Biribiri, She's just a semi-important character who gets far more important later on. In the end though the main character of Majutsu no Index is Touma and to a certain extent Index.

And to be honest, we got 24 episodes of Science side last year and it wasn't too interesting, unless you are into lesbians and BFF slice of life with a touch of action.

To make it short : all the Railgun fags, get the fuck out.

Oct 22, 2010 10:23 PM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
People need to shut up already about Biribiri, She's just a semi-important character who gets far more important later on. In the end though the main character of Majutsu no Index is Touma and to a certain extent Index.

And to be honest, we got 24 episodes of Science side last year and it wasn't too interesting, unless you are into lesbians and BFF slice of life with a touch of action.

This man speaks teh TRUTH..

Don't like Index= don't watch it..., go rewatch railgun or wait for S2

Couldn't care the fuck less about this, all I want is to see more Touma Awesomeness
Oct 22, 2010 10:24 PM

Apr 2008
Abe approves (Y)
Nice to see Index is being useful again. :)

Wished that she used other abilities besides her perfect memorization and 'spell intercept'... :\
Oct 22, 2010 10:31 PM

Dec 2007
alexcampos said:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

What's so hilarious is that you have Moka for an avatar. Whose only words for quite a long while were "Tsukune, Tsukune, Tsukune, Tsukune, Tsukune".

Anyway, this episode was pretty good. I can finally see some sort of ongoing plot in the works instead of disjointed arcs that don't really have much to do with eachother.
Oct 22, 2010 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
Leon-Gun said:

Hilarious how you contradict yourself about Mikoto, you do know that only hardcore fans call her BiriBiri right???

You do know the majority of people can't stand that piece of shit character named index right???

Leon-Gun said:

It wasn't about the "science side" it was about single handedly the greatest character this AVERAGE series has come up with, it's crystal clear that if Mikoto were not in Index, the whole damn series would probably go from mediocre to unwatchably BAD.

"unless you are into lesbians" .....LOL, no dude we all want to see Touma ass rape Index *rolls eyes*
Oct 22, 2010 10:52 PM

Jun 2010
Surprising plot twist is surprising. I think the necklace Stiyl gave Touma whom then later gave to Orsola would do something later. Still no idea what the necklace actually does though, LOL.

And man, is it just me or are some of you guys divided into magic side and science side? The pointless flaming you guys are throwing at each other is getting on my nerves. -.-
Oct 22, 2010 11:32 PM
Nov 2008
So, the chance of Index season 2 being licensed in the U.K.?

0%. They just made the Roman Catholic Church look bad.
Oct 22, 2010 11:34 PM
Jul 2010
alexcampos said:
Leon-Gun said:

Hilarious how you contradict yourself about Mikoto, you do know that only hardcore fans call her BiriBiri right???

You do know the majority of people can't stand that piece of shit character named index right???

Leon-Gun said:

It wasn't about the "science side" it was about single handedly the greatest character this AVERAGE series has come up with, it's crystal clear that if Mikoto were not in Index, the whole damn series would probably go from mediocre to unwatchably BAD.

I like to know who set the rule that only hardcore fans call her biribiri, obviously the reference can be found in first episode season 1 of TAMNI

I am a huge Mikoto fan my self too but is really sad to see how Misaka fanbase acting so self centered just because they think their character is the best and deserve the most screen time and other doesn't. Your actions will only spread more hate on Mikoto.

if you want story to go according to your will, please, make your own fanfiction will ya?
Viper236Oct 22, 2010 11:40 PM
Oct 22, 2010 11:45 PM
Nov 2009
Misaka is just like all the other 5 million tsunderes that's spreading like a plague in animes. I could careless if she plays a major role in Index or not. The only reason I like this series is because of the whole esp science thing, I guess magic is pretty cool but all the religious crap pisses me off. Those nuns are an eyesore. Yes I said it.
Oct 22, 2010 11:55 PM

Dec 2009
u8sand said:
I still can't figure out if that guy is lying or not. He could easily be lying as much as telling the truth but either way... these loli nuns are getting on my nerves.. KILL EM ALL!
yes, please do. Amakusa is much more likeable than the nuns.

This show was an improvement over the other two, thanks to this plot twist.
Oct 23, 2010 12:06 AM
Mar 2010
Science side > Magic side IMO but Magic side is still somewhat interesting. Can't wait until this arc is over so we can see more Biribiri and Kuroko ;3
Oct 23, 2010 12:26 AM
Nov 2008
Religious controversy and suppression seems more interesting to me.

I am not religious.
Oct 23, 2010 12:49 AM

Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
What's so hilarious is that you have Moka for an avatar. Whose only words for quite a long while were "Tsukune, Tsukune, Tsukune, Tsukune, Tsukune".

When Moka did it, it was for COMEDIC purposes and an obvious spoof (hence the cheezy music they would play).

When Index does it, it's not for comedy or any other reason than her being a helpless character, she's almost as bad as Orihime from Bleach.

KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN....

anyways, try again
Oct 23, 2010 12:53 AM

Dec 2007
The act that you would stand up for such a piece of shit adaptation like the R+V anime pretty much tells me not even to bother.
Oct 23, 2010 1:02 AM

May 2009
It's really starting to get interesting. Can't wait until the next one.

Didn't find Index annoying. "Mugen" did go down rather easily, but maybe being tackled by 2 guys at once was too much to take lol. I can't blame Touma for reacting the way did when he was alone with Orsola. As for the rest of the nuns, can't say I love them. And no, there wasn't any Biribiri in this one...and it was perfectly fine people.
Oct 23, 2010 1:12 AM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:

Yeah, I was gonna put it in a nicer way, but thanks for doing it better :D. The only reason Sparky ends up being so revered is because Index herself doesn't have much appeal as a heroine, but to hell with that I'm not watching the To Aru-verse specifially for the girls so I couldn't care less. This Sparky worship is getting absurd. Science side can sit back this season until Accelerator comes back in the fray imo. Then it'll be worth watching.

The To Aru Index take on the Roman Catholic Church is interesting, I like the variety of weapons and types of magic being presented. That nun who went batshit insane when a non-believer touched her really made me raise an eyebrow. No wonder she's assigned to the underside of the Church lol. From the preview I must say, Orsola's quite the looker beneath her coif and veil.
Oct 23, 2010 1:16 AM

Feb 2010
alexcampos said:
Meddigo said:

When Moka did it, it was for COMEDIC purposes and an obvious spoof (hence the cheezy music they would play).

When Index does it, it's not for comedy or any other reason than her being a helpless character, she's almost as bad as Orihime from Bleach.

KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN, KUROSAKI-KUN....

anyways, try again
seriously, stop trolling the Index 2 boards since you have nothing better to do while you wait for either a Misaka arc here or for Failgun 2.
Oct 23, 2010 1:41 AM

Jan 2010
Needs more science.
Starting to get interesting though anyway.
x]
Oct 23, 2010 1:53 AM
Jan 2010
I don't know what but something seems a little off this season. The humor is also badly executed.
This episode got better towards the end though.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.