Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2010 9:18 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 15, 2010 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
Didnt expect the random fanservice, though the fanservice itself wasnt anything particularly bad. There was more of it than I thought there would be. There was also an EXTREMELY HARD to see cameo of Saten-san and Accelerator with last order in this episode.

This episode was all pretty much buildup and no action. I'll admit that some of the scenes were funny, but overall this episode was rather slow.It looks like the next episode will be much more action packed than this one.

Screenshots:

Kuro4735Oct 15, 2010 4:36 PM

Oct 15, 2010 12:44 PM

Nov 2008
Good Loli fanservice, Index bit Touma as punishment for having that loli nun getting too close to him which was very entertaining.

Oct 15, 2010 2:40 PM

May 2010
Where is my Biribiri...?

There was also an EXTREMELY HARD to see cameo of Saten-san and Accelerator with last order in this episode

When?

I also find it funny when he senses the sisters were snaring at him.

Can you imagine if Biribiri cataches Touma this episode...?
ConfuciusOct 15, 2010 6:08 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 15, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2010
I was relieved to the sudden peripeteia as usual and lucky sukebe.
This is the way I think Jyakigan-Tyunibyo anime should be.

BTW, someone stop this

5/5
Oct 15, 2010 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
now subbed, can either direct download or watch as a stream here ;)
http://www.watchanimeon.com/to-aru-majutsu-no-index-ii-episode-2/

i find its faster than torrenting to direct download ;)
Oct 15, 2010 4:20 PM

Sep 2009
win, win and win

this ep...its fan service spree....MOAR!

and Index...DEM Proportions!
Oct 15, 2010 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
eh boring set up episode. Lol Shana as the nun was interesting.

Looks like the next epi's gonna be epic.
Oct 15, 2010 5:05 PM

Nov 2009
Oh my. Since when did Rie's character become important enough, or exist, to get a lot of fan service? Maybe because there was too much intense conversations.

I had a generalization of who Kanzaki was but I had trouble remembering all i needed to follow their church and magic talk.

Again, not awesome episode, or exactly entertaining, but it gave a good build up for next week.
Oct 15, 2010 5:08 PM

Aug 2010
"Dont get aroused while working." Omg Gotta love Stiyl.
Oct 15, 2010 5:09 PM
Apr 2010
more lolis =D

i dont know what to think of this new season its okay i guess

i hope it gets better

ether way ill still watch it all
Oct 15, 2010 5:12 PM

Apr 2010
That redhead nun seems interesting the way she clenched to Touma was funny, especially the bath tent scene.
Other then that those 2 blondes stood out as well, wonder what there role will be.
The Archbishop i seen her first season, she seems a bit young to be a bishop let alone a archbishop.

This episode was better then last week this really gives the impression of a start off, last week seemed more like a filler.
Oct 15, 2010 5:51 PM

Aug 2009
Iam so glad that this show is back, and i love the new loli nuns haha
Oct 15, 2010 6:40 PM
Jul 2010
Anieze Sanctis looks hot in her ultra short nun clothes...XD

Lived up to my expectations as usual...
Oct 15, 2010 6:45 PM

Apr 2010
I thought this episode was okay (and better than the last one), but I don't seem as hyped up or excited as much as the first season. The overload of fan service didn't help much either. I hope just SOMETHING will happen. Uggh.. what's wrong with me?

Oct 15, 2010 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
good episode

the op is keeping my expectations at a high point and assuring me that the show will be just as awesome as season 1, as well as keeping me hopeful for an accelerator arc.
Oct 15, 2010 7:08 PM
Mar 2010
Kracksickles said:
I thought this episode was okay (and better than the last one), but I don't seem as hyped up or excited as much as the first season. The overload of fan service didn't help much either. I hope just SOMETHING will happen. Uggh.. what's wrong with me?

I'm guessing you haven't read the light novels yet. Wait until the second and the third arc, things get intresting(IMO) Kuroko getting her ass kicked makes me frown though :(
Nevertheless, a good episode. Rie is voicing a fanservice loli yay
Oct 15, 2010 7:18 PM

Feb 2010
Index is pretty good. What is with this strange sister fan service? Why is it that their "soldiers" are all sisters ?

That girl has got to stop turning...

I hope this anime continues to be as good as the last season.
Oct 15, 2010 7:20 PM

Sep 2008
Eh. First episode of the new arc. Not much to say here. It gave us the setup and next week stuff starts happening.
Oct 15, 2010 7:41 PM

May 2010
Actually this episode revealed this exciting "sports event" which tells me Touma is going to run into a lot of troubles with Biribiri and perhaps Accelerator.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 15, 2010 7:45 PM
Jan 2010
Whoa, where did all that fanservice come from?
Oct 15, 2010 7:47 PM

Oct 2009
Hmmmm, as long as I can see some animated Biribiri it's all good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2010 7:55 PM

Sep 2008
So this is where Mugen wandered off to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2010 7:57 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was slow hopefully next week will be better! >_>
Oct 15, 2010 7:58 PM

Jun 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
So this is where Mugen wandered off to.

He DOES like Mugen! XD
Oct 15, 2010 8:09 PM

Jun 2008
Index II episode 2 Scoreboard:

Index STILL being horribly annoying------------------------------------(-1)
No BiriBiri??? (Dear Lord, how do they expect fans to watch?)-----(-10)
RIE KUGIMIYA finally entering the Index world-----------------------(+5)
Mugen look-a-like----------------------------------------------------------(EVEN)
Index fanservice (sorry JC Staff, nothing will make her likable)----(-1)
Anieze Sanctis fanservice (a way better loli than index)-------------(+1)

Overall, STILL NO BIRIBIRI, another plot which I would be very surprised if half the people here knew what was going on, and Index (the character) is STILL horrible...

BUT, this was much better than episode 1, and at least it shows promise....3/5
Oct 15, 2010 8:21 PM

May 2008
WHAT MISFORTUNE =) Touma ftw. and also Index could use her sharp teeth to fight enemies hehe

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 15, 2010 8:25 PM

Apr 2008
HAHA i find the maid spinning around very cute xD

Oct 15, 2010 8:39 PM

May 2008
i missed Index bitting touma XD

I had to repost this pic again...
she never stops..
Oct 15, 2010 8:45 PM

Jan 2010
The first thing that came to mind when I saw this guy was "what the fuck, Spike?!":

Oct 15, 2010 8:51 PM

May 2010
really good episode ^^

because its a dream i could bite touma as much as i want haha
Oct 15, 2010 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
You can always count on Kugimiya to voice the lolis.
Oct 15, 2010 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
Not 5 minutes in where I am conflicted. When I was younger (in my 20s) I read and studied a LOT of Aleister Crowley and have read Liber AL vel Legis (The Book of the Law) countless times. Seeing it used in this context is just weird.
Oct 15, 2010 9:52 PM

Jan 2010
Was pretty bored throughout this ep.
Hope it picks up next week.
Oct 15, 2010 10:02 PM

Jun 2007
set up episode is set up.
truly, it is index. without a good backstory there is no good action. i found this episode nice, and somewhat unlike normal to aru. the fanservice really was unexpected so little into the anime already, but, it's not like it was a big deal. i am rather liking the fact that red haired nun is becoming sort of attached to touma... wiith her huge heels and all... also, i wanna see more kanzaki and more biribiri
Oct 15, 2010 10:03 PM

Sep 2008
alexcampos said:

Overall, STILL NO BIRIBIRI, another plot which I would be very surprised if half the people here knew what was going on, and Index (the character) is STILL horrible...

No Biribiri because this is a magic arc. She's science. That's just how it works.

I don't know what there is to not get about the plot. We've got a book containing powerful magics, someone who can decipher said book, and both have been stolen by the magical sect that Kanzaki used to belong too. I fail to see what the point of confusion is. Seems like a pretty standard case of "Keep the power away from the enemies".
Oct 15, 2010 10:19 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, Index gets +1 for being Miss Exposition.

Still missing Mikoto :(
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 15, 2010 10:20 PM

Feb 2010
Gangler said:
alexcampos said:

No Biribiri because this is a magic arc. She's science. That's just how it works.

I don't know what there is to not get about the plot. We've got a book containing powerful magics, someone who can decipher said book, and both have been stolen by the magical sect that Kanzaki used to belong too. I fail to see what the point of confusion is. Seems like a pretty standard case of "Keep the power away from the enemies".
I think people are still too used to how Railgun did the plot (which is cover it up with biribiri fanservice and put bits and pieces of plot in the episodes til it all ravels out). Cool setup episode though it did feel a bit slow. But judging from the preview, looks like shit is about to get real.

Though honestly, I don't see how anyone could get lost in what was going on. Uberpowerful book gets stolen, person who can decipher it is missing, soon gets captured by group that's associated with Kanzaki, rescue mission is go!
Oct 15, 2010 10:58 PM

May 2009
Decent episode, though poor Touma! So many nuns, though I prefer the Misaka sisters to the real ones lol. Things look to get real interesting next week.
Oct 15, 2010 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
don't know whether to say if he's unlucky or not
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 15, 2010 11:20 PM

Feb 2009
Touma scores with a loli catholic nun, red haired delicious TEH RIE-voiced twin-braided-tailed deredere loev nun. Also, index fanservice and, of course, like with all women, Touma is unmoved but still gets bitten. So unfortunate.

Honestly, he's got quite a few choices. As much as I support a Biribiri end, the quality of his harem is so god tier it begs the question: Is he really unfortunate?
Oct 15, 2010 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
Kugimiya Rie :D

Good episode overall.

Oct 15, 2010 11:52 PM

Jun 2008
TheMetalOverlord said:
I think people are still too used to how Railgun did the plot (which is cover it up with biribiri fanservice and put bits and pieces of plot in the episodes til it all ravels out). Cool setup episode though it did feel a bit slow. But judging from the preview, looks like shit is about to get real.

No, the problem is very simple you have a series with two female characters, one is SUPREMELY popular and is a character who by all accounts makes the show a lot better, and another character which is almost THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

This is really no debate, Even though Railgun does not have the story structure or even a better plot that Index has, it was still seen better and more enjoyable by fans.

Railgun has a better Rating as compared to Index season 1

Misaka Mikoto favorites (1500+ )
Index favorites (241)

OH, and for the people that think that Mikoto's popularity is because of Index, THEY ARE DEAD WRONG, her popularity was small until Railgun made her into a superstar: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=119489 (This link is proof of what I have said)
Oct 16, 2010 12:05 AM

Jul 2009
It's MUGEN!!! now he's going to show off his breakdancing+swordsmanship+magic skills.. gahahah!
Oct 16, 2010 12:12 AM

Sep 2008
alexcampos said:
TheMetalOverlord said:

No, the problem is very simple you have a series with two female characters, one is SUPREMELY popular and is a character who by all accounts makes the show a lot better, and another character which is almost THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

This is really no debate, Even though Railgun does not have the story structure or even a better plot that Index has, it was still seen better and more enjoyable by fans.

Railgun has a better Rating as compared to Index season 1

Misaka Mikoto favorites (1500+ )
Index favorites (241)

OH, and for the people that think that Mikoto's popularity is because of Index, THEY ARE DEAD WRONG, her popularity was small until Railgun made her into a superstar: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=119489 (This link is proof of what I have said)
Does it matter? Index isn't supposed to be a misaka supplement and I don't think anyone legitimately thought we'd have Misaka every episode. The show isn't designed like that. I like accelerator a lot but he's not here either because right now he's not relevant. Kanzaki's pretty cool too but once we move back to science we won't be seeing any of her.

Seriously. I don't see why so many people think that's the comparison. Railgun or index. People criticize index for being useless in s1, but what did misaka accomplish? She was just a chick he rescued the same as any other. Her only real contribution was enlisting the imoutos in that one scene.

Seriously. Misaka gets the spotlight in her own spinoff and suddenly this show's about Index? How does that work?

Plus I don't see how she detracts from the situation. It's not as if she's a detriment. Kamijo's doing her thing and index hangs out in the background occasionally giving exposition. She also acts periodically to reinforce the notion that kamijo is unfortunate because it would be hard to swallow if all we saw is him kicking ass and beating unbeatable opponents all the time.

I can't for the life of me figure out what it is that makes her needier than misaka. Misaka has been shown to enlist Kamijo into whatever it is she needs right now without any thought for his needs the same as index. Index bites him on the head when she's displeased. Misaka fires off lethal levels of voltage and acts frustrated when it doesn't work. Each has their own gag, and there's an argument that Misaka's is worse. What if he doesn't get that hand out in time at some point?

What? Just because my favorite spiderman villain is the Kingpin am I supposed to get all bitchy every time the goblin shows up?

I'm not a fan of Index, but it's patently ridiculous that we get hoards of people moaning and wailing like tormented souls denied a peaceful slumber every time she walks on screen. [/rant]
Oct 16, 2010 12:36 AM

Feb 2009
Gangler said:
People criticize index for being useless in s1, but what did misaka accomplish? She was just a chick he rescued the same as any other.

I kind of agree. The Index plot is all about world-threatening events and global catastrophe, etc., like something out of (ahem) comics/manga, whereas the Railgun plot is "smaller" (even in the manga) in that it's isolated to corruption of a single local entity (Academy City) with the main focus on a single experiment involving the leveling of a single individual. And Touma had to save the day anyway (not in the Railgun anime, obviously).

Index, however, is a useful tool who occasionally rattles off information from her Volumes, and is the target several times for said Volumes, whereas Misaka is just a level 5 who isn't even helping people via enlisting in a protection force or anything. Sure, she saves the day occasionally, but I'd feel at least some sense of responsibility if I held such great power.

Oct 16, 2010 1:02 AM

Sep 2010
Anieze Sanctis - kawaii, but I know she is

Amakusa
2e16nig.png
Oct 16, 2010 1:06 AM

Sep 2009
Haha...I wasn't expecting quite that much fan service. Enjoyable episode.
Oct 16, 2010 1:23 AM

Jul 2010
zimno said:

BTW, someone stop this

*sings*

You spin me right round....
like a record, baby
right round, round, round
a knife and a fork
Oct 16, 2010 2:29 AM
Jan 2010
I think we could've done without the forced fanservice.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.