Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2:41 PM
Oct 2020
First of all those who are going to bring up that one page from manga, let me inform you that the Japanese version didn't use the anything like non binary. The author just said both male and female.

Those who are watching anime for a long time now and have watched anime from different time and era not just this era they know that a lot of anime has that one goofy ass guy who acts like women and tries to flirt with the MC or Side characters. Those guys are there only for the laughter of the audience. Those guys are just like tomboy girls.

And author probably said both male and female because of some weird doujinshi thing or to satisfy the western audience.

And Macaron, he literally has Takehito Koyasu, the voice actor for Dio. It's not someone cheap to hire. So if the studio wanted to present Macaron as non binary then they would have hired someone that does voice in that way.

No hate on non binary people but don't bring your woke agenda into the entertainment industry and ruin it for majority. If want to do that you guys have Disney and other shits in your west side.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 29, 2:55 PM
Jan 2021
I don’t even care about this type of stuff, but why get so upset over it? Just let people say what they wanna say and keep their head canons. Even going with what you said, being both male and female would make them intersex. The author meant it as that if he described it that way, that’s not an agenda push.
Apr 29, 3:24 PM
May 2022
“No hate to non-binary people” as you hate on non-binary people. Look if the mangaka said it, it’s final. NB people exist in Japan so saying it’s to appease western fans with your made up “woke agenda” is just a conspiracy theory.
Apr 29, 3:30 PM
Oct 2020
Huntee1999 said:
“No hate to non-binary people” as you hate on non-binary people. Look if the mangaka said it, it’s final. NB people exist in Japan so saying it’s to appease western fans with your made up “woke agenda” is just a conspiracy theory.

The conspiracy theory here is you thinking the author calling him a non binary person. Mangaka called him Both male and female. It's a comedic concept. It has nothing to do with him being a part of the LGBT.

And I don't hate non binary people. I just don't agree with their ideology and shoving it down our throat. I on the other hand sympathize with these people.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
-DxP-May 1, 2:51 AM
Apr 29, 6:03 PM
Feb 2022
Bro wtf is non binary people? I don't understand...
Apr 29, 6:09 PM

Jul 2015
Is this Yamato 2.0 situation, where localized are mistranslating and tourists without media literacy are drawing wrong conclusions as a result?

Apr 29, 6:13 PM

Feb 2010
baymaxemon said:
Bro wtf is non binary people? I don't understand...

People who don't feel male or female. They will sometimes use singular they and them as pronouns or use neo pronouns like ze and zir
Apr 29, 6:51 PM
Jan 2018
Sch4n said:
First of all those who are going to bring up that one page from manga, let me inform you that the Japanese version didn't use the anything like non binary. The author just said both male and female.

Those who are watching anime for a long time now and have watched anime from different time and era not just this era they know that a lot of anime has that one goofy ass guy who acts like women and tries to flirt with the MC or Side characters. Those guys are there only for the laughter of the audience. Those guys are just like tomboy girls.

And author probably said both male and female because of some weird doujinshi thing or to satisfy the western audience.

And Macaron, he literally has Takehito Koyasu, the voice actor for Dio. It's not someone cheap to hire. So if the studio wanted to present Macaron as non binary then they would have hired someone that does voice in that way.

No hate on non binary people but don't bring your woke agenda into the entertainment industry and ruin it for majority. If want to do that you guys have Disney and other shits in your west side.

serious? As a fan of One Piece, you should take the phrase that her heart belongs to a woman very seriously. it's exactly the same sentence that Okiku said in Wano and you're saying that this is just something to laugh about? trans people exist and they are not jokes. oh, and it makes no sense for you to think that anime as entertainment should only be aimed at a specific group of men, cisgender, and straight. Because there is much more than just that in the world, things don't revolve around people like you, okay?
Apr 29, 6:56 PM
Oct 2022
Is Sailor Uranus from 1995 (nearly 30 years ago) part of the woke agenda affecting your anime safe place?

Wouldn't it make more sense to believe there are "woke" and "non-woke" series/shows/films of every genre and medium rather than think it's an East v West thing?

If woke stuff is being shoved in your face, is everything that isn't woke seen as non-woke stuff being stuffed in people's faces?
LucenProjectApr 29, 7:03 PM
Apr 29, 7:50 PM
Sep 2019
Ffs, when was the last time anybody even called Macron NB? Nobody has even started a mashle thread in the last month or so. We're glad you have an opinion, we all do in one way or another, let's stop beating this dead horse and get on with our lives.
Apr 29, 9:58 PM
Oct 2020
WHO THE FUCK CARES
Apr 29, 10:09 PM
Mar 2021
yup they ruined hollywood completely,now they are coming to anime....i think those people have lot of freedom and time or money ,.....send them to north korea.....
Anime Rules the world
Apr 29, 10:26 PM
May 2016
Anime was "woke" even before the definition of woke came to existence.
So you are wrong on several levels.
Apr 29, 10:29 PM
Aug 2021
OMFG why do you care? Move on.
Apr 29, 10:43 PM
Oct 2020
ktg said:

Anime was never woke and it still isn't. It's people like you who like to spread these bs misinformation.
Apr 29, 10:44 PM

May 2019
And if Macaron was considered NB by the fans then... why would it be bad?
Not like he's a real person with actual feelings who can feel hurt by that lol
Apr 29, 10:49 PM
Oct 2020
karemi_ said:

because considering him NB will change the writers' way to portray him. People just want to read and watch which is real and comes from the writer. Not someones' imagination to push an agenda.
Apr 29, 10:56 PM

Jan 2021
It's simple. The author did not intend to add such a character for representation or woke stuff. It's just there for comedy purpose or to add some fun element.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Apr 29, 10:59 PM
Oct 2020
FZREMAKE said:
It's simple. The author did not intend to add such a character for representation or woke stuff. It's just there for comedy purpose or to add some fun element.

Yes. You get it brother.
Apr 29, 11:02 PM

May 2019
Sch4n said:
karemi_ said:

because considering him NB will change the writers' way to portray him. People just want to read and watch which is real and comes from the writer. Not someones' imagination to push an agenda.

Idk man, it's just fiction. It's like fujoshi who consider every second character gay, as long as it's fiction and they aren't being creepy then who cares.
Apr 29, 11:06 PM
Oct 2020
karemi_ said:
Sch4n said:

Idk man, it's just fiction. It's like fujoshi who consider every second character gay, as long as it's fiction and they aren't being creepy then who cares.

Owww I get it, what you are saying. It's a nice way to put it. Thank you.

Yeah you are right. It's not the show or the character which is annoying. It's the people putting their weird fantasies on the show. I should just not care about these people.
Apr 29, 11:08 PM

Mar 2008
Sure basically an okama オカマ character but okama is ill defined and the term is sometimes used as a pejorative so I could easily see some authors avoiding the term.

Japan does have a term for non binary, it is X-gender エックスジェンダー also written Xジェンダー and it is legally recognized. In Japan you can have X as your gender on your license.

As for what term the author used, i have no idea
traedApr 29, 11:39 PM
Apr 29, 11:18 PM
Dec 2022
Margarette/Macaron is nonbinary, identifying as both female and male. According to manga volume 9 I do not know why this even a discussion if the mangaka explicitly informed the readers of this.
Apr 29, 11:24 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Bobbie1233
Margarette/Macaron is nonbinary, identifying as both female and male. According to manga volume 9 I do not know why this even a discussion if the mangaka explicitly informed the readers of this.
@Bobbie1233
Was the word ryousei 両性 meaning bi-gender as in both genders as identity?
Apr 29, 11:25 PM
Dec 2022
Sch4n said:
karemi_ said:

Owww I get it, what you are saying. It's a nice way to put it. Thank you.

Yeah you are right. It's not the show or the character which is annoying. It's the people putting their weird fantasies on the show. I should just not care about these people.

I do not see how some people call Macaron non-binary is a weird fantasy. I mean talking about your profile picture it is widely accepted Luffy is Aromantic Acesexual since he demonstrates no romantic or sexual interest in anyone. Both queer and straight people try to identify with characters they think resemble them. Unless you think only Cisgender Heterosexual individuals are allowed to do that while everyone else should shut up.
Apr 29, 11:28 PM
Dec 2022
traed said:
@Bobbie1233
Was the word ryousei 両性 meaning bi-gender as in both genders as identity?

I have never heard of bi-gender but I guess it would be the best description for Macaron since he is both male and female so I agree
Apr 29, 11:31 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
Is this Yamato 2.0 situation, where localized are mistranslating and tourists without media literacy are drawing wrong conclusions as a result?

considering the fact that the translation use " they/them" pronouns for Macaron even though calling someone with " they/them " doesn't work in the Japanese or literally 99% of any language, yes
Apr 29, 11:57 PM

Apr 2020
This was a great way to trigger all those "I'm oppressed" people 😂😂
Apr 30, 12:13 AM

Mar 2008
Saimatsu_Fan said:
considering the fact that the translation use " they/them" pronouns for Macaron even though calling someone with " they/them " doesn't work in the Japanese or literally 99% of any language, yes

Japanese doesn't use third person pronouns to begin with usually because it is omitted when speaking especially for example how you cant call some girl "shoujo" because that term usually is used to mean "girlfriend" instead which would potentially come off rude like you're saying "my girl" to some random girl so technically Japanese always are saying "they" indirectly because they will only use the person's name or description of that person or include them in a group of people. The 99% of languages comment is even more wrong. Why English is that way is because while originally "hit" was used in Olde English as a neutral for people but at some point "it" started just being used more on objects and sometimes animals not people so much (I dont know the details how that happened yet) and some people were using singular "they" though it was never consistently something everyone did but Shakespeare used it and chances are you use "they/them" all the time without realizing it since it is used when uncertain of a person's gender or sometimes to avoid redundancy in sentences. German the parent language of English has the gender neutral third person pronoun "es".
-DxP-May 1, 3:06 AM
Apr 30, 12:24 AM
Sep 2021
traed said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Japanese doesn't use third person pronouns to begin with usually because it is omitted when speaking especially for example how you cant call some girl "shoujo" because that term usually is used to mean "girlfriend" instead which would potentially come off rude like you're saying "my girl" to some random girl so technically Japanese always are saying "they" indirectly because they will only use the person's name or description of that person or include them in a group of people. The 99% of languages comment is even more wrong. Why English is that way is because while originally "hit" was used in Olde English as a neutral for people but at some point "it" started just being used more on objects and sometimes animals not people so much (I dont know the details how that happened yet) and some people were using singular "they" though it was never consistently something everyone did but Shakespeare used it and chances are you use "they/them" all the time without realizing it since it is used when uncertain of a person's gender or sometimes to avoid redundancy in sentences. German the parent language of English has the gender neutral third person pronoun "es".

Sch4n said:
Ahhh... A man who is really focused on his goals is asexual now. Literally what the fuck.

and that's what I'm talking about, you saying it is "widely accepted". Only weirdos like you think that kind of stuff. Who has to make everything about sexual and sexuality.

I'm not saying those people should stay shut or something. I'm just saying they should not try to make us accept a mental disorder as a normal thing.

While I agree on the comment of applying the label asexual to someone not explicitly stated as having zero attraction to guys or girls the rest is uninformed on psychology. Gender identities aren't mental illnesses, gender dysphoria is though but one doesn't need gender dysphoria inherently to identify as transgender of some kind including non binary. The concept of gender roles are just social constructs that differ culture to culture and through the ages. Likewise asexual isnt considered a mental illness, but there are mental illnesses that make people avoid relationships or sex.

most people other than Americans don't use they/them pronouns because nobody does that lol
Apr 30, 1:00 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
traed said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Sch4n said:
Ahhh... A man who is really focused on his goals is asexual now. Literally what the fuck.

and that's what I'm talking about, you saying it is "widely accepted". Only weirdos like you think that kind of stuff. Who has to make everything about sexual and sexuality.

I'm not saying those people should stay shut or something. I'm just saying they should not try to make us accept a mental disorder as a normal thing.

While I agree on the comment of applying the label asexual to someone not explicitly stated as having zero attraction to guys or girls the rest is uninformed on psychology. Gender identities aren't mental illnesses, gender dysphoria is though but one doesn't need gender dysphoria inherently to identify as transgender of some kind including non binary. The concept of gender roles are just social constructs that differ culture to culture and through the ages. Likewise asexual isnt considered a mental illness, but there are mental illnesses that make people avoid relationships or sex.

most people other than Americans don't use they/them pronouns because nobody does that lol
@Saimatsu_Fan
Pretty sure it isnt exclusive to Americans

The Oxford English Dictionary traces singular they back to 1375, where it appears in the medieval romance William and the Werewolf. Except for the old-style language of that poem, its use of singular they to refer to an unnamed person seems very modern. Here’s the Middle English version: ‘Hastely hiȝed eche . . . þei neyȝþed so neiȝh . . . þere william & his worþi lef were liand i-fere.’ In modern English, that’s: ‘Each man hurried . . . till they drew near . . . where William and his darling were lying together.’

In the eighteenth century, grammarians began warning that singular they was an error because a plural pronoun can’t take a singular antecedent. They clearly forgot that singular you was a plural pronoun that had become singular as well. You functioned as a polite singular for centuries, but in the seventeenth century singular you replaced thou, thee, and thy, except for some dialect use. That change met with some resistance. In 1660, George Fox, the founder of Quakerism, wrote a whole book labelling anyone who used singular you an idiot or a fool. And eighteenth-century grammarians like Robert Lowth and Lindley Murray regularly tested students on thou as singular, you as plural, despite the fact that students used singular you when their teachers weren’t looking, and teachers used singular you when their students weren’t looking. Anyone who said thou and thee was seen as a fool and an idiot, or a Quaker, or at least hopelessly out of date.

Singular you has become normal and unremarkable. Also unremarkable are the royal we and, in countries without a monarchy, the editorial we: first-person plurals used regularly as singulars and nobody calling anyone an idiot and a fool. And singular they is well on its way to being normal and unremarkable as well. Toward the end of the twentieth century, language authorities began to approve the form. The New Oxford Dictionary of English (1998) not only accepts singular they, they also use the form in their definitions. And the New Oxford American Dictionary (Third Edition, 2010), calls singular they ‘generally accepted’ with indefinites, and ‘now common but less widely accepted’ with definite nouns, especially in formal contexts.

https://www.oed.com/discover/a-brief-history-of-singular-they/

Examples of the singular "they" being used to describe someone features as early as 1386 in Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales and also in famous literary works like Shakespeare's Hamlet in 1599.
"They" and "them" were still being used by literary authors to describe people in the 17th Century too - including by Jane Austin in her 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice.

While these pronouns weren't used historically to define people as gender neutral, 'they' was used to specify a role being undertaken by a person.
"You could say that somebody was say, a teacher, but you didn't know whether that teacher was male or female," Dr Emma Moore, a professor of linguistics at the University of Sheffield, tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.
But she says it was from the 18th century onwards that people started using male pronouns when describing someone of a non-specific gender in writing and this marks the time when opinions on what pronouns should be used started to change.
"You might have a sentence like 'if a student comes to see the teacher, he must bring his homework', where he is supposed to refer generically to males and females," explains Dr Emma Moore.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49754930

Not that im saying the translation wasnt awkward and nonsensical that every character was using only singular "they/them" on Macaron who was a stranger to them. That would have worked if it was an androgynous character maybe but it comes off odd that it was silently understood.
traedApr 30, 1:14 AM
Apr 30, 1:20 AM
May 2016
Reply to Sch4n
ktg said:

Anime was never woke and it still isn't. It's people like you who like to spread these bs misinformation.
@Sch4n Okay, the definition of woke is actually "someone is being normal". That's all, so if you are woke, that means you are normal.
Yes, there is another definition that the fascists are using which is about being gay and stuff.

But either way, anime and manga were woke like 40 years ago too. Oooka was adapted recently and everyone called it "woke", while the manga was 20 years old and the definition of woke is like 10.
So I'm right, anime and manga were woke even before the definition.

There's actually a cultural aspect of that too. Japan is a closed off country and not many people speak japanese outside of Japan, therefore they have a relatively small market where they need to sell their products. Because of that, the japanese authors always try to be more revolutionary and bring in new concepts, like being gay (or non binary, trans, whatever you call it). That's why it was/is successful.
So, when on the west being gay was still an illness, in Japan you could read about gay characters.
Apr 30, 1:21 AM
Sep 2021
traed said:
@Saimatsu_Fan
Pretty sure it isnt exclusive to Americans

The Oxford English Dictionary traces singular they back to 1375, where it appears in the medieval romance William and the Werewolf. Except for the old-style language of that poem, its use of singular they to refer to an unnamed person seems very modern. Here’s the Middle English version: ‘Hastely hiȝed eche . . . þei neyȝþed so neiȝh . . . þere william & his worþi lef were liand i-fere.’ In modern English, that’s: ‘Each man hurried . . . till they drew near . . . where William and his darling were lying together.’

In the eighteenth century, grammarians began warning that singular they was an error because a plural pronoun can’t take a singular antecedent. They clearly forgot that singular you was a plural pronoun that had become singular as well. You functioned as a polite singular for centuries, but in the seventeenth century singular you replaced thou, thee, and thy, except for some dialect use. That change met with some resistance. In 1660, George Fox, the founder of Quakerism, wrote a whole book labelling anyone who used singular you an idiot or a fool. And eighteenth-century grammarians like Robert Lowth and Lindley Murray regularly tested students on thou as singular, you as plural, despite the fact that students used singular you when their teachers weren’t looking, and teachers used singular you when their students weren’t looking. Anyone who said thou and thee was seen as a fool and an idiot, or a Quaker, or at least hopelessly out of date.

Singular you has become normal and unremarkable. Also unremarkable are the royal we and, in countries without a monarchy, the editorial we: first-person plurals used regularly as singulars and nobody calling anyone an idiot and a fool. And singular they is well on its way to being normal and unremarkable as well. Toward the end of the twentieth century, language authorities began to approve the form. The New Oxford Dictionary of English (1998) not only accepts singular they, they also use the form in their definitions. And the New Oxford American Dictionary (Third Edition, 2010), calls singular they ‘generally accepted’ with indefinites, and ‘now common but less widely accepted’ with definite nouns, especially in formal contexts.

https://www.oed.com/discover/a-brief-history-of-singular-they/

Examples of the singular "they" being used to describe someone features as early as 1386 in Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales and also in famous literary works like Shakespeare's Hamlet in 1599.
"They" and "them" were still being used by literary authors to describe people in the 17th Century too - including by Jane Austin in her 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice.

While these pronouns weren't used historically to define people as gender neutral, 'they' was used to specify a role being undertaken by a person.
"You could say that somebody was say, a teacher, but you didn't know whether that teacher was male or female," Dr Emma Moore, a professor of linguistics at the University of Sheffield, tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.
But she says it was from the 18th century onwards that people started using male pronouns when describing someone of a non-specific gender in writing and this marks the time when opinions on what pronouns should be used started to change.
"You might have a sentence like 'if a student comes to see the teacher, he must bring his homework', where he is supposed to refer generically to males and females," explains Dr Emma Moore.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49754930

Not that im saying the translation wasnt awkward and nonsensical that every character was using only singular "they/them" on Macaron who was a stranger to them. That would have worked if it was an androgynous character maybe but it comes off odd that it was silently understood.

>examples are hundreds of years old

lol
Apr 30, 2:09 AM
Oct 2020
ktg said:
@Sch4n Okay, the definition of woke is actually "someone is being normal". That's all, so if you are woke, that means you are normal.
Yes, there is another definition that the fascists are using which is about being gay and stuff.

But either way, anime and manga were woke like 40 years ago too. Oooka was adapted recently and everyone called it "woke", while the manga was 20 years old and the definition of woke is like 10.

There's actually a cultural aspect of that too. Japan is a closed off country and not many people speak japanese outside of Japan, therefore they have a relatively small market where they need to sell their products. Because of that, the japanese authors always try to be more revolutionary and bring in new concepts, like being gay (or non binary, trans, whatever you call it). That's why it was/is successful.
So, when on the west being gay was still an illness, in Japan you could read about gay characters.

if you are going to change a whole definition then I don't even want to waste my energy on you.

Maybe the word woke had a different meaning back then when it was created but everyone knows what it means now.

And saying that the Japanese used to have gay stories doesn't mean that they accepted it as a norm. Still it isn't accepted as a norm in Japan. Japanese are shy and like to mind their own business. So when a random YouTuber walks to them and asks them about whether they accepted this LGBT bullshit they just simply say yes. Because saying no will bring more questions and also online harassment from the woke mob.

Japan is trying to hold on to their culture but the west is pushing it to accept the wokeness that they created.

And writers write BL and other gay stuff for fujoshi and similar kinds. These stories are like fantasy to the native people like Isekai. Maybe they like to read about it but they don't want that in their culture.
Sch4nApr 30, 2:22 AM
Apr 30, 3:43 AM
May 2016
Reply to Sch4n
ktg said:

if you are going to change a whole definition then I don't even want to waste my energy on you.

Maybe the word woke had a different meaning back then when it was created but everyone knows what it means now.

And saying that the Japanese used to have gay stories doesn't mean that they accepted it as a norm. Still it isn't accepted as a norm in Japan. Japanese are shy and like to mind their own business. So when a random YouTuber walks to them and asks them about whether they accepted this LGBT bullshit they just simply say yes. Because saying no will bring more questions and also online harassment from the woke mob.

Japan is trying to hold on to their culture but the west is pushing it to accept the wokeness that they created.

And writers write BL and other gay stuff for fujoshi and similar kinds. These stories are like fantasy to the native people like Isekai. Maybe they like to read about it but they don't want that in their culture.
@Sch4n I'm not changing the definition. I'm using the same definition that a woke use to describe himself as a woke.
And this is not a "back then" definition. Woke people still uses this, because this is what woke means. The "everyone" you are talking about are fascists. Fascists are using the definition you are using.

The reason behind this is that the original definition has no negative connotation, but fascists couldn't use it to themselves. So the only thing they could do is to try and change the definition. Therefore only one who uses your definition are usually fascists. While normal people know what woke actually means.

And it is actually accepted in Japan. Even if we are talking about fantasies, fantasies only work if they are accepted by the society. You can't write something that isn't accepted, because they wouldn't buy it.
Being shy has nothing to do with, for example, studies. And studies actually show what I'm talking about and prove my point.
Your point about youtuber walking up to them is just bad af. If you watch other videos about these, then you could have seen that they don't really give false answers. For example, by society - even in Japan - cheating is not accepted, but they are videos where like half of the interviewees accept cheating. Which proves that you are wrong.

So again, BL and GL are accepted, because this is accepted in the society as well. You can't really sell something that would scare off the audience.
Apr 30, 4:15 AM
Oct 2019
Naveen6662246 said:
yup they ruined hollywood completely,now they are coming to anime....i think those people have lot of freedom and time or money ,.....send them to north korea.....

It’s sad to see people so easily fall for stupid conspiracy theories.
Apr 30, 4:17 AM
Oct 2019
Saimatsu_Fan said:
Piromysl said:

“They” and “them” are English words. Japanese has a completely different pronoun system.

This isn’t a translation problem. This is a “weebs who don’t understand language and translation” problem.
Apr 30, 4:19 AM
Oct 2019
Sch4n said:

“The author didn’t say that they’re non-binary. They just explained that the character’s gender in a way that could only be described as bigender or non-binary.”

Yeah, I think you need to calm down and stop bringing your agenda into anime. 🙂
Apr 30, 4:25 AM
Mar 2023
I love how the fascism fetishists accuse others of acting on emotion, but themselves constantly go with gut feelings and general assumptions, finding any excuse to ignore any evidence and making wide-ranging generalizations about shit in which they've got no real understanding.

It's just like the way they'll insist everyone else has an agenda, but not them. They brought up the conversation. They started the thread. They dictated the tone. They said to ignore the source material. They tried to redefine the argument. But it's everyone else who has an agenda.

I mean, our hero in this little narrative ends their original post with making sure people understand that there is no hate for NB people, then has spent the entire thread showing nothing but absolute contempt for NB people. So it's hard to believe that anything they've said is genuine. Which is fine. If you choose to tune them out, you haven't lost much at all.
Apr 30, 4:36 AM
May 2016
@Sch4n And if you would be right about how Japanese society is not accepting lgbtq as a society, then they would have been attacked either way.
So you just refuted your own point. GJ. :)
Apr 30, 4:48 AM
Oct 2020
ktg said:
@Sch4n And if you would be right about how Japanese society is not accepting lgbtq as a society, then they would have been attacked either way.

I didn't say they don't accept, I said that even when they are uncomfortable with it and don't agree with it they don't speak up. Because they don't like to mind in other people's business. There are LGBT communities in Japan.

I'm saying Japan and the Japanese media don't push this woke message on other people. But the western media is trying to have its way by changing the way the Japanese media is trying to portray a certain thing.

In the anime Macron was introduced as a guy, treated as a guy. The mangaka said He is both male and female in a way. And how Macron acted was enough to show that his character was there as a comedic gig.

There was no reason to call him "They" unless you want to spread a certain message to people. Before this, characters like macron were addressed as a guy with Him.

A gig character, a character of a guy who acts feminine.
Apr 30, 4:50 AM

Mar 2018
Personally, I disagree with people promoting non-binaryism, whether it's the author, or the people online. I see it as a form of escapism from the reality of being one gender, or another. It's a result of uncomfortability as the gender you are which comes from self-perception issues, and societal baggage due to gendered expectations. But what someone wishes to be referred to as *in their own social bubbles* can be anything, as long as their social bubble accepts it, and I don't really mind using preferred pronouns for a friend if that uncomfortability with their gender is noticeable (with the idea they're trying to improve, of course). It's acceptance of improper mental illness coping mechanisms as lifestyle differences, rather than something to actively be untangled by the sufferer, basically.

At the end of the day, though: I'm willing to be challenged in the media I consume, so I won't dislike the story even if the author incorporates it into the plot.

Also, 'woke agenda' doesn't make sense. It's just someone including a (likely) non-binary character in a story. The majority should be challenged, and that's something I especially dislike: people in the majority clinging onto the concept of their self-normalcy. Normal isn't always good, and it should be challenged, even in ways people find offense to.
Apr 30, 4:51 AM
Oct 2020
bahimiron said:
I love how the fascism fetishists accuse others of acting on emotion, but themselves constantly go with gut feelings and general assumptions, finding any excuse to ignore any evidence and making wide-ranging generalizations about shit in which they've got no real understanding.

It's just like the way they'll insist everyone else has an agenda, but not them. They brought up the conversation. They started the thread. They dictated the tone. They said to ignore the source material. They tried to redefine the argument. But it's everyone else who has an agenda.

I mean, our hero in this little narrative ends their original post with making sure people understand that there is no hate for NB people, then has spent the entire thread showing nothing but absolute contempt for NB people. So it's hard to believe that anything they've said is genuine. Which is fine. If you choose to tune them out, you haven't lost much at all.

and what even is fascism? I don't even know what this word means.
Apr 30, 4:59 AM
May 2016
Reply to Sch4n
ktg said:

I didn't say they don't accept, I said that even when they are uncomfortable with it and don't agree with it they don't speak up. Because they don't like to mind in other people's business. There are LGBT communities in Japan.

I'm saying Japan and the Japanese media don't push this woke message on other people. But the western media is trying to have its way by changing the way the Japanese media is trying to portray a certain thing.

In the anime Macron was introduced as a guy, treated as a guy. The mangaka said He is both male and female in a way. And how Macron acted was enough to show that his character was there as a comedic gig.

There was no reason to call him "They" unless you want to spread a certain message to people. Before this, characters like macron were addressed as a guy with Him.

A gig character, a character of a guy who acts feminine.
@Sch4n Yes, you did say. You literally said that "they don't accept it as a norm", which is false and for whatever reason you agree with this statement.
This is actually a pretty obvious thing that fascist does. They change their points regularly, lying, talking about something else etc.

Again, being woke means being normal and that is actually accepted in Japan right now and wokeness was already in the media like 40 years ago.
To be fair, western media aren't pushing it either, they just go after the money. You can hardly find more racist companies than Disney, for example.

In this show everyone is supposed to be a comedic gig, so being male and female in itself is not a comedic gig and calling Macaron non binary or trans is perfectly fine (btw, no, acting feminine was not part of the gig). In Japan media they usually go with these types of explanation to show different types of people to the younger generation. This is still a shounen show.
This is pretty similar how Yamato was explained in One Piece. They don't use complex words.
Apr 30, 5:00 AM
Oct 2020
I have talked to different people in this thread. To be honest I'm surprised.

I talked to different kinds of people.

1. People who agreed with me.(The most surprising one)

2. People who didn't agree with me fully. They pointed out the parts they did agree with and the part they didn't. And they put it out in a respectful manner.

3. People who didn't agree with me but stayed respectful.

4. And then straight up ass holes who escaped after one message. Maybe one or two of them were like this.

I had thought that people would curse at me. They would call me names. No one would agree. But in this thread almost everyone was great to talk to even though I don't agree with most of them. But they stayed respectful so should I.
Apr 30, 5:04 AM
Oct 2020
ktg said:
@Sch4n Yes, you did say. You literally said that "they don't accept it as a norm", which is false and for whatever reason you agree with this statement.
This is actually a pretty obvious thing that fascist does. They change their points regularly, lying, talking about something else etc.

Again, being woke means being normal and that is actually accepted in Japan right now and wokeness was already in the media like 40 years ago.
To be fair, western media aren't pushing it either, they just go after the money. You can hardly find more racist companies than Disney, for example.

In this show everyone is supposed to be a comedic gig, so being male and female in itself is not a comedic gig and calling Macaron non binary or trans is perfectly fine (btw, no, acting feminine was not part of the gig). In Japan media they usually go with these types of explanation to show different types of people to the younger generation. This is still a shounen show.
This is pretty similar how Yamato was explained in One Piece. They don't use complex words.

by, "they don't accept it as a norm" I meant they don't accept it as something normal or a part of their culture. But they don't say against it. That's what I meant.

And once again, sir I do not know the meaning of fascism or words like that. I just pointed out what I thought. I don't even know if it means something good or bad. I just googled and the answer was really complicated. I Couldn't understand.
Apr 30, 5:10 AM
Oct 2020
ktg said:

About the Disney part I agree with you bro.

And them going after money I agree with that. What I'm saying is they are going after money by exploiting vulnerable people who are confused, and by pushing them in a way that really doesn't make any sense or isn't true at all.

After all this it is clear that we have different pov on this topic and no amount of message we exchange is going to change any of our pov.

In the end you weren't rude, you were trying to come up with points which you valid in a way. But I don't accept them and want to know more. But you were good to talk to even though I didn't agree with almost anything that you said.
Apr 30, 5:13 AM
Oct 2022
Sch4n said:
LucenProject said:
Is Sailor Uranus from 1995 (nearly 30 years ago) part of the woke agenda affecting your anime safe place?

Wouldn't it make more sense to believe there are "woke" and "non-woke" series/shows/films of every genre and medium rather than think it's an East v West thing?

If woke stuff is being shoved in your face, is everything that isn't woke seen as non-woke stuff being stuffed in people's faces?

Bro you serious? Sailor Uranus?

There are two existing theories about her.

1. She is a biological girl, who acts as a boy on the race track and school because she doesn't want anyone to underestimate her thinking she is a girl. She is basically a Tomboy character.

2. And the other one is that She was born with Both male and female biological parts. That's a real but very very very rare condition. And it's a physical one with enough scientific proof to back up. Not some "feel like" bullshit. That's a mental disorder. Now the theory is she is intersex. That's it. When she transforms she gives off more girly traits and when she doesn't she gives off more masculine traits.

And most of the people who watched her, all of them thought of her as a girl who likes to look tough by behaving like a man and wearing masculine clothes. One body thought the other way. It started to happen after all these western audience spreading their woke bs.

Competing theories? No. It's 2.
Apr 30, 5:16 AM
Oct 2020
LucenProject said:
Sch4n said:

1. She is a biological girl, who acts as a boy on the race track and school because she doesn't want anyone to underestimate her thinking she is a girl. She is basically a Tomboy character.

2. And the other one is that She was born with Both male and female biological parts. That's a real but very very very rare condition. And it's a physical one with enough scientific proof to back up. Not some "feel like" bullshit. That's a mental disorder. Now the theory is she is intersex. That's it. When she transforms she gives off more girly traits and when she doesn't she gives off more masculine traits.

And most of the people who watched her, all of them thought of her as a girl who likes to look tough by behaving like a man and wearing masculine clothes. One body thought the other way. It started to happen after all these western audience spreading their woke bs.

Competing theories? No. It's 2.

Owh... okㅤㅤㅤ
Apr 30, 5:32 AM
Oct 2022
Sch4n said:
LucenProject said:

And the crux of your issue lies within your explanation of 2. "It's a physical one with enough scientific proof to back it up." Two issues.

First, reality is reality well before scientific proof is available to back it up. That's like believing black holes didn't exist before the early 1900s. Scientific proof is what we use to understand the world, not what makes the world real.

Second, the proof IS in the "feel like" that you're dismissing. Our mind is ours alone. Science doesn't have telepaths or empaths to tell us how people are feeling. We only have their word. If people "feel like" something consistently, this should be considered. And if it's a matter that deals with their self, it should be considered more so. Science's inability to account for something less rare than being born with both male and female parts, for lack of the ability to detect it, isn't a basis for saying something strictly internal is bullshit.

Again, reality doesn't conform to science. When science doesn't match with reality, it's science that needs to change. Bonus, something being different isn't strictly a disorder for being different.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

79 by Zedricjohn123 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

124 by Zedricjohn123 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

156 by Zedricjohn123 »»
Yesterday, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

136 by FrozenRaider »»
Jun 10, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

122 by KingBaller06 »»
Jun 9, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.