Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 7, 8:52 AM
Feb 2024
No, this is not a rhetoric question nor rage bait (though if you wanna argue go ahead) i genuinely want to know why people like this. For me, i started this in middle school and loved it solely because the mc is cool. but then i grew up and realized how uninteresting ayanokoji is as a character, seriously he just does the perfect thing always at all times and the only stakes are when the side characters are involved (which he doesnt even care about so even the 'stakes' are phony). characters like ichinose,horikita and hirata are all more interesting than ayanokoji but all the fanbase ever does is glaze their glorious king? Seriously is that the only reason this series is so popular??
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 8:59 AM
Mar 2021
I'll just say "LN"
Mar 7, 9:04 AM

Jul 2022
I'll just say that I agree with this ^
Mar 7, 9:05 AM
Jul 2019
for him(characters limit)
Mar 7, 9:13 AM
Manga Moderator
Feb 2023
I'll be honest, I don't really like this anime.
But, I still bleed my eyes watching it because I just feel like watching it as I'm curious to know what development that poker face is going to under go.
Mar 7, 9:23 AM

May 2020
& people say they dont want their favorite characters to be perfect...

SMH...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 7, 9:26 AM
Jan 2019
I don't like it BUT I love it! I love a great storyline and the characters in this series that makes me wanted to watch more. No doubt, I wish they could get another season.
Mar 7, 9:26 AM

Mar 2013
because I'm bored... 😏
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 7, 9:29 AM
Jul 2021
Sunk cost fallacy: I already watched 2 seasons, so I hope further episodes will retroactively justify my time investment.
Mar 7, 9:32 AM
May 2016
sloth848 said:
No, this is not a rhetoric question nor rage bait (though if you wanna argue go ahead) i genuinely want to know why people like this. For me, i started this in middle school and loved it solely because the mc is cool. but then i grew up and realized how uninteresting ayanokoji is as a character, seriously he just does the perfect thing always at all times and the only stakes are when the side characters are involved (which he doesnt even care about so even the 'stakes' are phony). characters like ichinose,horikita and hirata are all more interesting than ayanokoji but all the fanbase ever does is glaze their glorious king? Seriously is that the only reason this series is so popular??

If I replace the names in your "critique" with names from Death Note, it will still be true.
So the question is, why do you like Death Note? If you can answer that, then the same answer will be true for CotE.
Mar 7, 9:36 AM
Mar 2023
Girls 👍
And

Manipulation
Mar 7, 9:45 AM
Mar 2023
I think I like it and watch it simply because of how the MC is, I think it’s cool to watch what he plans to do or how he manipulates the people around him for his own goals or means. I think the episode or scene that really got me hooked on the show is when Horikita thanks and calls Ayanokoji her first friend, but unbeknownst to her, he reveals his true nature in his inner monologue and calls her a simple tool that he was never friends with.
Mar 7, 9:46 AM
Feb 2024
ktg said:
sloth848 said:

If I replace the names in your "critique" with names from Death Note, it will still be true.
So the question is, why do you like Death Note? If you can answer that, then the same answer will be true for CotE.

well tbh, i dont think this works because in deaths note’s case 1. lights plan doesn’t always go perfectly and infact fucks him up in the end 2. light is the most interesting character he is not just smart, he has his other qualities like his twisted sense of justice and god complex 3. death note ‘stakes’ are actually heavy . light responds with fear and anxiety and in turn makes us feel like even he can get cornered unlike in cote where ayanokoji faces challenges with “idgaf” he knows hes gonna win and we know hes gonna win so what the fuck am i even watching for at this point
Mar 7, 9:48 AM
Apr 2021
I don’t and i cant understand how people can.Side chars are plain rtards and so many plot holes
Mar 7, 10:05 AM
Feb 2022
i just watch it beacues it is intristing
Mar 7, 10:12 AM
Feb 2023
because of CHADanokoji

but seriously, this is one of the few animes that although are fantasy, but not outrageously unrealistic (no mecha, no AI-stuff, no superpowers, etc.) powers or mechanics, that rely on pure mind boggling human manipulation to make the plot interesting.
Mar 7, 10:24 AM
Sep 2022
other characters are nice but I'm bored because main character is too perfect in everything
Mar 7, 10:34 AM
Jun 2021
sloth848 said:
ktg said:

well tbh, i dont think this works because in deaths note’s case 1. lights plan doesn’t always go perfectly and infact fucks him up in the end 2. light is the most interesting character he is not just smart, he has his other qualities like his twisted sense of justice and god complex 3. death note ‘stakes’ are actually heavy . light responds with fear and anxiety and in turn makes us feel like even he can get cornered unlike in cote where ayanokoji faces challenges with “idgaf” he knows hes gonna win and we know hes gonna win so what the fuck am i even watching for at this point

“nor rage bait” - actively raging
Mar 7, 10:36 AM

Sep 2014
honestly I dont know, sunken cost fallacy, I mean why drop it 3 seasons in?

I quite like that we have a big cast with many different personalities resulting in varied motivations and drama. And everyone is so edgy, unlike other shows with big casts where everyone is just cardboard white knight "nice".

And also the overarching plot is not bad, you have a clear motivation "reach class a" but even if they succeed in that they still need to defend that spot and not everyone actually cares about that, even for the MCs its just a symptom of their actual driving force.

This season is pretty lame though
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 7, 10:43 AM
Aug 2022
Mainly the mind games and the male characters. This is one show we’re I’m more invested in all the male characters. None of the females characters stand out that much for me.
Mar 7, 10:48 AM
Jul 2022
The LN and seeing it animated is nice. Even if the anime isn’t a good adaption it’s still not bad on its own. Ln just throws it out of the water.
Mar 7, 10:57 AM

Apr 2021
Why is it good? becuase the story is actually good and interesting. Im not saying is the best piece of written media in animanga however its interesting. I would say the grand majority that watches the anime are ln readers or have become ln readers. Ayanokouji is actually a complex character to a certain degree, mainly due to his upbringing. The characters do develop nicely, they actually are better flesh out in the ln. The climaxes are def more interesting in the ln since you actually can read the thought process, and understand the context of the scenes behind it. The stake of the story to him are pretty clear tbh, although i would say they grow even more on the second year at least what i have read so far. I think thats why the series is good.

Why the series is popular, i would say cuz of the already establish ln fandom and mainly kids seeing the mc as an edgelord who see everyone as tools.

Plus just an opinion of mine, but if you were never sold with the setting of the story, you will never like this anime or ln
Mar 7, 11:01 AM
Aug 2023
This anime scratches the itch I get to watch cheap high school drama, it’s a consistent 5 to 6 out of 10 for me but there’s some inherent humor in how its events unfold. I grabbed the first LN volume some weeks ago so I can compare them for myself but haven’t gotten around to it yet
Mar 7, 11:02 AM
Nov 2018
@sloth848 I just like it. I have read the light novels before the anime. I'm more curious about how it's going to end. Like if there's a price for his help or how he's going to disappear. There's parts foreshadowing of him leaving or becoming the class villain eventually. I do admit some of the other characters are more interesting, but I think of that of a lot of shows. Why are we following this MC when some other supporting characters would have been a better fit.
Mar 7, 11:15 AM
Mar 2021
sloth848 said:

It's a show I can turn my brain off to, so it's nice for when I have some spare time and don't feel like watching a more complex show.
Mar 7, 11:20 AM
Feb 2019
Honestly I watch it because I think there’s actually a really good show underneath its flaws. I’ve heard the LN is so much better and it actually makes me curious to read it, cause I like the concept of a school hierarchy with students manipulating and deceiving other students. Sometimes those concepts shine through and sometimes it doesn’t.
Mar 7, 11:54 AM

Jul 2022
ftv_mark said:
Honestly I watch it because I think there’s actually a really good show underneath its flaws. I’ve heard the LN is so much better and it actually makes me curious to read it, cause I like the concept of a school hierarchy with students manipulating and deceiving other students. Sometimes those concepts shine through and sometimes it doesn’t.

Classroom of the Elite is one of those anime everyone considers the original material to be better, kind of like Tokyo Ghoul or Berserk.
Mar 7, 12:02 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to MKIkawa
ftv_mark said:

Classroom of the Elite is one of those anime everyone considers the original material to be better, kind of like Tokyo Ghoul or Berserk.
@MKIkawa I’ve heard that a lot. Usually I can tell through a okay to bad Adaptation that the source material might actually be better. CotE definitely gave me that vibe.
Mar 7, 12:14 PM
Jun 2023
for me i like ayanokoji the most, i started watching this for rom-com or high school anime but later due to mc ,it became one of my favourites.

i like to see how mc changes and how will he face all the problems, i mean he is not like other protagonist, he wasn't loved by anyone, his own family treated him as lab rat, even if ayanokoji becomes villain, I will support him , they way the story goes and how it's presented it's really great, i watched Code Geass , death note ,tomodachi game and i didn't watch monster yet , in all these characters i liked ayanokoji the most .he survived white room and that's a big thing.
Mar 7, 12:20 PM

Jul 2022
ftv_mark said:
@MKIkawa I’ve heard that a lot. Usually I can tell through a okay to bad Adaptation that the source material might actually be better. CotE definitely gave me that vibe.

There are so many problems and cut scenes in the anime that the only fun part of watching Classroom of the Elite are the fights and tension momens. The soundtrack is also pretty nice, no complaints about it, but the rest is just messy and not well made.
Mar 7, 12:41 PM
Jul 2021
I like the teacher
Mar 7, 1:00 PM
Feb 2022
I like mcs that arent the usual nice ordinary ones u see in anime... he's different cause he's basically a sociopath, I can't say I care much about the others but I think his relationship with kei karuizawa is super fun to watch
Mar 7, 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
Tbh, the psychological stuff keeps me wanting more and not knowing how stuff plays out is exciting.
It's not the best thing around, but its enjoyable for what it is. The mindgames are mostly childish but their banter and conclusions are fun atleast.
Mar 7, 2:17 PM
Jan 2021
I don't. Read the LN
Mar 7, 4:04 PM

May 2021
The anime is pretty ass at times. I love this series for the LN.
Mar 7, 4:48 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I like this anime because of the story and character development,
Ayanokoji isn't the main appeal of this anime imo, I just want to see how the story progresses ;)

<3

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 7, 5:16 PM
Mar 2021
dS0_ said:
I don't. Read the LN

I keep hearing people call the anime crap and the LN goated. could you summarise for me because noone ever seems to and its frustrating.
Mar 7, 8:18 PM
Feb 2024
luisfunes99 said:
Why is it good? becuase the story is actually good and interesting. Im not saying is the best piece of written media in animanga however its interesting. I would say the grand majority that watches the anime are ln readers or have become ln readers. Ayanokouji is actually a complex character to a certain degree, mainly due to his upbringing. The characters do develop nicely, they actually are better flesh out in the ln. The climaxes are def more interesting in the ln since you actually can read the thought process, and understand the context of the scenes behind it. The stake of the story to him are pretty clear tbh, although i would say they grow even more on the second year at least what i have read so far. I think thats why the series is good.

Why the series is popular, i would say cuz of the already establish ln fandom and mainly kids seeing the mc as an edgelord who see everyone as tools.

Plus just an opinion of mine, but if you were never sold with the setting of the story, you will never like this anime or ln

Dont get me wrong,i never said this anime was apalling or anything thats why i’ve watched up until season 3 yknow? thats why i asked this question, because as flawed this anime i actually do think the premise is quite fun. its just endless high school drama lmao it just bugs me that ayanokoji is the only thing they talk about when he is essentially a blank page
Mar 7, 8:23 PM
Jan 2023
for me the story is pretty good and unlike most school anime where we see the main cast in say only one year or there in the final year and there graduating the story of classroom of the elite is about them starting in school and then growing through out the years that they are in the school.
Mar 7, 8:26 PM
Jan 2023
sloth848 said:

also how far are you through the anime ? because he seems to care about kuruizawa atleast a bit
Mar 7, 8:29 PM
Feb 2024
MKIkawa said:
ftv_mark said:

There are so many problems and cut scenes in the anime that the only fun part of watching Classroom of the Elite are the fights and tension momens. The soundtrack is also pretty nice, no complaints about it, but the rest is just messy and not well made.

i see you guys think that the ln was top tier and its very highly rated so im inclined to believe you. what do you think they should have done to make the adaptation as good as the source material? Zaregoto has a similar protagonist and ‘kinda’ similar premise even as a ln reader the anime hit the nail on the head with Kubikiri cycle maybe they should have done something like that?
Mar 7, 9:50 PM
Jun 2023
sloth848 said:
ktg said:

i think you didn't understand code or you just ignored ayanokojis character, i find his character more appealing then deaths note mc, I can find death note MC's every where ,like broken villains but ayanokoji is different, just remember how he grew and why he is just blank( his emotions) , and i think you don't even know what white room is??? white room will kill your emotions,you will die just by living there.

i love him with every aspect, I want him to become perfect,he is not perfect at all. i wanna see him change and become a better person and live a happy life like other childrens lived . his own family used him as lab rat ,did you even consider that???in death note just because author said he is talented everyone believes that ,i think light born with 200+iq is the biggest joke. ayanokoji was trained in White room by most talented persons and most successful persons like his father and many more,,
you just didn't understand ayanokojis character, I know death note is a very good anime but i will never support light before he doesn't have humanity,here ayanokoji doesn't know what humanity and feelings are , he doesn't even know love??
i consider,like Goku he was pure from the beginning because he was raised by his grandpa and he doesn't know how cruel the world is that's why he is innocent, I will say Goku is an average human, ,do you know how our personality is created,?? do you know how you became the person you are now?? that all due to the way you lived, and the things you experienced,

for me ayanokoji is a broken characters and he deserves to be happy, he had many hard ships in childhood,
i hope he experiences every emotion and finds his love and dies happily,

he is talented and wins every thing because he was born in a battlefield, i think you know what battle iq is right, from the day he was born he faced challenges like killing other ,how do you expect him to lose and loves his friends just by spending few day or years???
this is not Naruto verse where you can use talk no justu.
i suggest you to understand or search about white room and see ayanokojis background,then you will understand about his character, he is far better then light.
Mar 7, 9:56 PM
Jun 2023
sloth848 said:
luisfunes99 said:

Dont get me wrong,i never said this anime was apalling or anything thats why i’ve watched up until season 3 yknow? thats why i asked this question, because as flawed this anime i actually do think the premise is quite fun. its just endless high school drama lmao it just bugs me that ayanokoji is the only thing they talk about when he is essentially a blank page

you didn't even understand his character to begin with just drop it dude ,you are not cut out for this
Mar 7, 10:10 PM

May 2021
I like CotE because the show is interesting and fun to watch. I would have to imagine the LN is much more detailed when it comes to most things in the show but it doesn't bother me because it's straight to the point with a lot of the plot. Also would add that the characters are enjoyable with a good variety of them to choose from too. Every class has someone that genuinely interests me. Seems like a lot of characters are getting good development too while the school year progresses.

Overall the show isn't the best anime out there but it is entertaining and I plan on watching however much studio Lerche makes of it. I'd consider reading the LN too
Mar 8, 2:22 AM
May 2016
Reply to sloth848
ktg said:
sloth848 said:

@sloth848 I can do this with this comment as well:
1. Ayanokoji plan doesn’t always go perfectly, in fact
- his original plan was to have an average highschool life
- his plan was to avoid expelling anyone
- etc.
2. Ayanokoji is the most interesting character he is not just smart, he has his other qualities like his twisted obsession of being average.
3. Ok, the third only happened in Death Note, because it ended. In the first couple of episodes Light responded the same way as Ayanokoji. This just shows where we are in the story.

3. b) in DN where Light faces challenges with the FBI, but he knows hes gonna win and we know hes gonna win so what the fuck am i even watching for at this point?

See? I was right. The argument is true in both cases. You just ignore it.
Mar 8, 4:04 AM
Aug 2021
sloth848 said:

ayanokoji is interesting though,and plot is engaging
Mar 8, 4:13 AM

Jun 2023
Every episode I told myself "drop it!! drop it!!" and next week I watch it again just because of Ayanokoji-kun 🫣😪
Mar 8, 7:36 AM
Oct 2023
_otaku_man00 said:
sloth848 said:

i think you didn't understand code or you just ignored ayanokojis character, i find his character more appealing then deaths note mc, I can find death note MC's every where ,like broken villains but ayanokoji is different, just remember how he grew and why he is just blank( his emotions) , and i think you don't even know what white room is??? white room will kill your emotions,you will die just by living there.

i love him with every aspect, I want him to become perfect,he is not perfect at all. i wanna see him change and become a better person and live a happy life like other childrens lived . his own family used him as lab rat ,did you even consider that???in death note just because author said he is talented everyone believes that ,i think light born with 200+iq is the biggest joke. ayanokoji was trained in White room by most talented persons and most successful persons like his father and many more,,
you just didn't understand ayanokojis character, I know death note is a very good anime but i will never support light before he doesn't have humanity,here ayanokoji doesn't know what humanity and feelings are , he doesn't even know love??
i consider,like Goku he was pure from the beginning because he was raised by his grandpa and he doesn't know how cruel the world is that's why he is innocent, I will say Goku is an average human, ,do you know how our personality is created,?? do you know how you became the person you are now?? that all due to the way you lived, and the things you experienced,

for me ayanokoji is a broken characters and he deserves to be happy, he had many hard ships in childhood,

he is talented and wins every thing because he was born in a battlefield, i think you know what battle iq is right, from the day he was born he faced challenges like killing other ,how do you expect him to lose and loves his friends just by spending few day or years???
i suggest you to understand or search about white room and see ayanokojis background,then you will understand about his character, he is far better then light.

we are only talking about anime here
Mar 8, 8:07 AM
Jul 2021
idk It just gives a special aura that hooked me
I also somewhat like high school animes with such aura
Mar 8, 8:07 AM
Jun 2023
Shindaa said:
_otaku_man00 said:

we are only talking about anime here

you told light is better then ayanokoji,that's what it all about
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.