Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2023 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
Would Suletta & Miorine not kissing ruin the show for you?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2023 10:23 AM

May 2021
yes, definitely. It should happen no matter what
Jun 27, 2023 10:51 AM
Mar 2020
It would be cool but the show is good regardless of the conformation that Minore x Suletta exists
Jun 27, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2021
if they don't smash pisser I have nothing left to live for
Jun 27, 2023 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
Kinda yes, they teased it too much for not having a proper Yuri ending
Jun 27, 2023 11:34 AM
Nov 2022
The fact that *that* would ruin the show for some people, despite a million other things terribly wrong with it, just blows my mind
Jun 27, 2023 11:56 AM
Mar 2023
It wouldn't. I don't mind if that happens or not honestly
But for the most normal Mal users I just know if that happens it will have the opposite effect and ruin the show for them, even for people that never watched it, making the Mal score decrease a lot
Jun 27, 2023 12:44 PM
Aug 2021
Dragevard said:
Would Suletta & Miorine not kissing ruin the show for you?

yessssssssssssssss
Jun 27, 2023 1:05 PM
Apr 2021
MSH420 said:
The fact that *that* would ruin the show for some people, despite a million other things terribly wrong with it, just blows my mind

whats wrong? (chr limit)

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Jun 27, 2023 1:17 PM
Nov 2022
RapidCream said:
MSH420 said:

whats wrong? (chr limit)

Bad pacing, huge lore dumps, unlikeable characters, no character development besides Guel, most characters never get focus, some are interesting but never get focus and die, some characters get way too much screen time but never do anything with it, it's love for introducing as much as possible as fast as possible but never seeing any of it through or expanding upon it and the solution to every plot thread is either "kill it" or "never bring it up again lololol", feels like a show that was planned to be 4 cours but everything had to be slashed and rushed for whatever reason. Probably the worst Gundam in a hot while.

Edit: and oh I forgot the most important thing in a gundam, the Gundam battles. those were also trash
MSH420Jun 27, 2023 1:53 PM
Jun 27, 2023 1:24 PM
Apr 2021
MSH420 said:
RapidCream said:

whats wrong? (chr limit)

Bad pacing, huge lore dumps, unlikeable characters, no character development besides Guel, most characters never get focus, some are interesting but never get focus and die, some characters get way too much screen time but never do anything with it, it's love for introducing as much as possible as fast as possible but never seeing any of it through or expanding upon it and the solution to every plot thread is either "kill it" or "never bring it up again lololol", feels like a show that was planned to be 4 cours but everything had to be slashed and rushed for whatever reason. Probably the worst Gundam in a hot while.

It is happy to see a fellow Pakistani.

I disagree with everything you said except bad pacing. I also think that the pacing of this show is bad but at the same time you like one piece. A show with the worst pacing. Its pacing makes it unwatchable.

I like some characters and every character is not meant to be liked.

This is my first Gundam so I don't know if other gundams are better or if this is a step down but I am enjoying it.

My Anime List: Link

All friend requests are accepted. Come say hi. We can be friends.

Jun 27, 2023 1:30 PM
Nov 2022
RapidCream said:
MSH420 said:

It is happy to see a fellow Pakistani.

I disagree with everything you said except bad pacing. I also think that the pacing of this show is bad but at the same time you like one piece. A show with the worst pacing. Its pacing makes it unwatchable.

I like some characters and every character is not meant to be liked.

This is my first Gundam so I don't know if other gundams are better or if this is a step down but I am enjoying it.

Your disagreement does not make it not true, unfortunately, nor does your creating strawmans with shows like One Piece (a show which I dropped a decade ago and haven't went back to btw). These are very common complaints in the community, you can choose to ignore them and enjoy the show though, that's cool. It is by far one of the worst Gundams I've seen, and certainly the worst in recent memory. Do check out the rest of the franchise though, Gundam is GOATed
Jun 27, 2023 1:36 PM
Nov 2022
It is rare to see a show sabotage itself this badly in every conceivable way, this really should have gotten double the amount of episodes so everything could have been better focused, 50 being the Gundam standard. It wants to be the standard, but feels like it's forced to not be. Hell even the freaking GUNDAM battles are bland and bad, every single one is just Arial being overpowered and the other suits are never shown in any good capacity. All flash, no substance, sums up this show nicely enough
MSH420Jun 27, 2023 1:49 PM
Jun 27, 2023 1:48 PM

Aug 2015
The show has been terrible since episode 2 so I couldn't care less about the potential romantic relationship between two characters I don't like.
Controversial opinions
Jun 27, 2023 1:52 PM
Nov 2022
voltwaffle said:
The show has been terrible since episode 2 so I couldn't care less about the potential romantic relationship between two characters I don't like.

To be fair to it, I was enjoying it and had high hopes up to the very end of season 1. In hindsight, I guess everything wrong with it took root in season 1. After that it just decided that it wanted to double down on all the mistakes and be trash.
Jun 27, 2023 4:58 PM
Apr 2020
I'm feeling that they are trying to put original Ellan between them. Not sure. But I definitely think that the show definitely carries out without SulettaxMiorine.
Jun 27, 2023 5:09 PM
Aug 2019
Tbh, I am moreso uninterested because of how convoluted things are. I don’t even know where this quiet zero battleship came from or why starting a fight was necessary to complete quiet zero. It’s all lost on me
Jun 27, 2023 5:23 PM
Oct 2022
Probably just me, but I feel the season have shown them build a deep closeness/intimacy, but not a romance. So a kiss after the next episode would feel like it was for the benefit of the audience, but not in keeping with the story and characters so far. Which couples have they shown kiss this far in the show?
Jun 27, 2023 5:26 PM
Sep 2021
I hope for it, but isn't happening won't ruin the show for me...
Jun 27, 2023 6:41 PM
Sep 2020
I would be disappointed since their romantic relationship is a major component of the show's story and they have been building it up the past two seasons. 
MechabanditJun 27, 2023 6:46 PM
Jun 28, 2023 12:06 AM

Feb 2023
MSH420 said:
RapidCream said:

whats wrong? (chr limit)

Edit: and oh I forgot the most important thing in a gundam, the Gundam battles. those were also trash

“No character development besides guel”

This just flat out isn’t true. Suletta went from being naively trusting of her mother and the world around to being far more aware and breaking free of that control. Miorine went from being cold and bad expressing at emotions to being more open about her feelings. Even supporting characters like Chu chu have changed. She no longer resorts to immediate violence.

As for the pacing issues I’ll definitely agree season one went too slow and season two went too fast, but like pacing issues have been a problem in many past Gundam series including Zeta and 0079 and it wasn’t enough to “ruin” them and I don’t think it’s enough to ruin here

Judging by the massive popularity it most likely won’t be the end of this timeline as well and there’s many more plot threads to be discussed. already feels like they’re trying to set up peil as a major villain for a possible next season or sequel

Jun 28, 2023 1:26 AM
Nov 2022
Riiight, Suletta went from a momma's girl in the first 24 episodes to a rebel right at the 25th because the plot demanded it, and Mio suddenly started trusting her after not talking for an entire season. Very cool. And don't even try comparing this horrible pacing to the rest of the franchise, it doesn't make sense. It's certainly not the first time trash became popular, they targeted normies with it after all. Gundam has always had a reputation for being a boomer show and they wanted to change that. If it does continue I won't be watching it that's for sure
MSH420Jun 28, 2023 1:31 AM
Jun 28, 2023 2:28 AM
Feb 2018
If show doesn't end with Chad Guel getting them both following the tradition Chad Mikazuki started, THEN show will be ruined for me.
Jun 28, 2023 8:47 AM
Jul 2021
The plot's collapsed to such a degree in the last 4 episodes that I basically am just watching for a SuleMio moment. It doesn't really have to be a kiss, but some sort of strong confirmation of their commitment to another, with each other. It's funny because I wasn't that invested in SuleMio relative to the main plot threads, but those shit the bed so hard it's basically all that's left for me in this show, which is maddening. 
Jun 28, 2023 9:11 AM
Feb 2021
Personally,it will make it for me.
Jun 29, 2023 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
Lordbricktrick said:
I would be disappointed since their romantic relationship is a major component of the show's story and they have been building it up the past two seasons. 
I mean, let's be real here. A shit ton of actual romance series don't even have a kiss but that doesn't mean that takes away from the romance. Look at Kimi no na wa for example. 
Jun 30, 2023 2:58 PM

Mar 2021
Considering how conservative japan is and a lot of people watching are children, the most I see them doing is holding hands. This is just what happened with legend of korra. They cannot have 2 girls kissing on children's TV so they saved it for the comics.
Jun 30, 2023 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
Jesus Christ, don't give homophobes an excuse to bitch, keep your inane bullshit on Anime Discussion. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 30, 2023 3:22 PM

Jan 2013
Jesus Christ, don't give homophobes an excuse to bitch, keep your inane bullshit on Anime Discussion. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 2, 2023 12:47 AM
Jun 2023
LostSpectre said:
AND THERE GOES THE MUD SLINGING!

but i dont think they ever will.

though we will see on Monday as the new ep drops 
Jul 2, 2023 3:18 AM
Aug 2018
Nah. Their "relationship" was a small part of the show.
After watching the ending, and what they teased, it's enough for me.
Jul 2, 2023 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Yuri shit ruin the show 
Jul 2, 2023 4:31 AM

Mar 2021
Show is already so ridiculously short. First half didn't feel like they had an idea what to do. Second half had too much happen in a short period of time. Now the show is basically over. Sunrise just going back to universal century and cosmic era.
Feels like this was a test bad for how much yuri we can show on children's TV before parents bring the pitch fork. You can tell by how much guel did in season 2 and he is like the most popular character among male viewers.
This is just legend of korra again and I was right they would dare make them kiss. We just saw rings and a photo of them holding hands.
Jul 2, 2023 4:40 AM

Sep 2008
I think this show was a letdown to everybody, no matter what you wanted out of it.
icefirestone23 said:

This is just legend of korra again.

the most accurate description I've seen.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 2, 2023 5:48 AM

Apr 2012
nyugvo6 said:
I think this show was a letdown to everybody, no matter what you wanted out of it.
icefirestone23 said:

This is just legend of korra again.

the most accurate description I've seen.
From the point of view of Gundam as a franchise, it was originally it. The only difference is the different sources of inspiration, and despite being manipulative in both shows, Avatar was more honest with the shippers. And yes, I'm not talking about a kiss. It takes a crazy shipper to ruin a show just for that.
Jul 2, 2023 5:52 AM

Jul 2008
Nope. This is just my opinion, it doesn’t matter how good or popular an anime series is. Whether I or anyone else enjoy it or not, it is just ‘another show’ of many out there at the end of the day. The less obsessed we are about our imaginations and fantasies, the better in my book.
Jul 2, 2023 6:44 AM

Sep 2011
My bigger problem was i just didnt really buy their relationship but it ended up being a surprisingly small focus of the show in the end and it'd be hypocritical to act like THIS romance of all of em was one to hurt a Gundam in a franchise that has shit like Zeta and Seed Destiny, it was just undercooked in this one which i think kind of went for the show as a whole due to its short length.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2, 2023 6:51 AM
Aug 2017
Nope. Was satisfiyed actually. 
Jul 2, 2023 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
JizzyHitler said:
My bigger problem was i just didnt really buy their relationship but it ended up being a surprisingly small focus of the show in the end and it'd be hypocritical to act like THIS romance of all of em was one to hurt a Gundam in a franchise that has shit like Zeta and Seed Destiny, it was just undercooked in this one which i think kind of went for the show as a whole due to its short length.
Small focus? What do you have in mind? They literally gave up all their themes for this in the last episodes. It was still written unnecessarily chaste, but in the last 2-3 episodes, I got the impression that at some point the show just wasn't interested in developing things beyond that.
Jul 2, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2016
Miorine and sulettas relationship was more like a friendship than a romantic one, dont know why make a deal for kiss or not kissing.
Jul 2, 2023 7:15 AM
Oct 2020
RobertBobert said:
JizzyHitler said:
Small focus? What do you have in mind? They literally gave up all their themes for this in the last episodes. It was still written unnecessarily chaste, but in the last 2-3 episodes, I got the impression that at some point the show just wasn't interested in developing things beyond that.

I suggest rewatching the last couple episodes, because it’s been consistent with its themes throughout. The relationship has also been consistent throughout. They never sacrificed the bigger picture for romance or the other way around. They kept a balance between the two. If you’re mad that Suletta wanted to save her family and her girlfriend then you most likely missed everything else. I get that it can be hard to do with watching a series weekly instead of all at once, but it’s honestly kinda baffling that anyone wouldn’t be able to see the themes and politics of the series this late into it.

And as a side note that’s not related to your comment. Gundam couples rarely ever kiss. So Suletta and Miorine not having a kiss isn’t so strange. I think people are using that to discredit the ship as something like queer baiting/yuribaiting. If that’s yuribait then 90 percent of all gundam relationships are straight baiting. It’s great that they don’t kiss in gundam a lot of the time, it teaches it’s viewers that love is more than that.
Jul 2, 2023 7:17 AM
Oct 2020
Turn_A_Blum said:
Miorine and sulettas relationship was more like a friendship than a romantic one, dont know why make a deal for kiss or not kissing.

They are married, is the thing. That’s not something friends do.
Jul 2, 2023 7:21 AM

Apr 2012
EmmyMoomin said:
Turn_A_Blum said:

EmmyMoomin said:
RobertBobert said:

I suggest rewatching the last couple episodes, because it’s been consistent with its themes throughout. The relationship has also been consistent throughout. They never sacrificed the bigger picture for romance or the other way around. They kept a balance between the two. If you’re mad that Suletta wanted to save her family and her girlfriend then you most likely missed everything else. I get that it can be hard to do with watching a series weekly instead of all at once, but it’s honestly kinda baffling that anyone wouldn’t be able to see the themes and politics of the series this late into it.

And as a side note that’s not related to your comment. Gundam couples rarely ever kiss. So Suletta and Miorine not having a kiss isn’t so strange. I think people are using that to discredit the ship as something like queer baiting/yuribaiting. If that’s yuribait then 90 percent of all gundam relationships are straight baiting. It’s great that they don’t kiss in gundam a lot of the time, it teaches it’s viewers that love is more than that.
I'm not even going to say that you took my or the dude's words below out of context. Just spare me another lame argument, when the very fact that the characters were close is shown as "unconditional romantic affection".  People have literally explained why the show's subtle portrayal of romance doesn't work and you're just wasting my time or someone else's.
Jul 2, 2023 7:22 AM
Oct 2020
RobertBobert said:
EmmyMoomin said:

EmmyMoomin said:

I'm not even going to say that you took my or the dude's words below out of context. Just spare me another lame argument, when the very fact that the characters were close is shown as "unconditional romantic affection".  People have literally explained why the show's subtle portrayal of romance doesn't work and you're just wasting my time or someone else's.

“I can’t come up with an argument so, uh, you’re wrong”

Cope and seethe.
Jul 2, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
EmmyMoomin said:
RobertBobert said:

Cope and seethe.
Don't even try to bait me on the flame. The only person you are mocking in this case is yourself.
Jul 2, 2023 7:28 AM
Oct 2020
RobertBobert said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Cope and seethe.
Don't even try to bait me on the flame. The only person you are mocking in this case is yourself.

You’re very paranoid if you think anyones baiting you. I called you stupid. It’s not as deep as you think.
Jul 2, 2023 7:28 AM

Sep 2011
RobertBobert said:
JizzyHitler said:
it was barely focused on in the first half outside of bringing up their status alot, it really only got legit focus near the end of the first cour wtih Sulletta feeling like they are distant and that quite nice scene in ep 11 before they spent almost the entirety of the 2nd half of the series apart. Their relationship was a major plotpoint but barely in focus, once it was established at it was pretty much just a jumping off point for prospera drama.

On that front its actually really in line with gundam romance, almost always the backseat for the bigger picture sometimes bordering exclusively on plotpoints over introspective character building. I mentioned zeta before that one just flat out didnt give a shit about the why characters are together they just wanted to hop right into the drama you can do with it, Kammile and Four get together minutes after being together.
JizzyHitlerJul 2, 2023 7:32 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 2, 2023 7:35 AM

May 2016
EmmyMoomin said:
Turn_A_Blum said:

Yeah now i saw the rings. Still doesnt change the fact that the show didnt put too much effort in their relationship (as well as other elements of the story), so i wouldnt have been surprised if they end up as besties and nothing else.
Jul 2, 2023 7:39 AM

Apr 2012
EmmyMoomin said:
RobertBobert said:

You’re very paranoid if you think anyones baiting you. I called you stupid. It’s not as deep as you think.
Oh, now we've moved on to direct insults. Just don't waste my time. I'm sure you won't have a problem with other opportunities to shame yourself. Just not with me.

JizzyHitler said:
RobertBobert said:
it was barely focused on in the first half outside of bringing up their status alot, it really only got legit focus near the end of the first cour wtih Sulletta feeling like they are distant and that quite nice scene in ep 11 before they spent almost the entirety of the 2nd half of the series apart. Their relationship was a major plotpoint but barely in focus, once it was established at it was pretty much just a jumping off point for prospera drama.

On that front its actually really in line with gundam romance, almost always the backseat for the bigger picture sometimes bordering exclusively on plotpoints over introspective character building. I mentioned zeta before that one just flat out didnt give a shit about the why characters are together they just wanted to hop right into the drama you can do with it, Kammile and Four get together minutes after being together.

Are we sure we're talking about a show that built the original framework around mimicking Utena and literally reducing most of the mecha action to duels to marry the girly part of the center couple? Yes, it was unnecessarily subtle given the show, most of the events of this show still revolved around the fact that Suletta became the fiance of Miorine and now the evil villains cannot carry out their evil plans. When they were torn apart, the show literally kept the focus on them yearning for each other, and although the odd chaste writing continued to have issues with that, it still swirled around their bonds the whole time. And I wouldn't call it "as subtle as the romance in other Gundams" since all the characters except Suletta and Miorine had no problem showing romantic feelings or intentions openly.

RobertBobertJul 2, 2023 7:43 AM
Jul 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
Turn_A_Blum said:
EmmyMoomin said:

Yeah now i saw the rings. Still doesnt change the fact that the show didnt put too much effort in their relationship (as well as other elements of the story), so i wouldnt have been surprised if they end up as besties and nothing else.
Don't waste time on them. Since any intimacy or even just friendliness with shippers already makes the characters a couple, even the maximum ambiguity and subtlety is enough romance for them.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Disappointed with this

GoshaX - Jul 9, 2023

48 by RobertBobert »»
May 8, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2023

326 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2023

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

98 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

93 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 5, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.