Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 13, 2022 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
The World cup is finally upon us. I dub thee as the offical WC thread, updates after every match and daily news posted
LowIqSaltyNov 13, 2022 10:41 AM

Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 13, 2022 9:07 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Is this Fifa world cup serious?
feels to me like a exhibition tournament..

Being played at a odd time in a country with shady laws and regulations..

I firmly believe that it is scripted for Messi to win..
The world cup is in Qatar and the main sponsor is the royal family who owns Paris St Qatar club and obviously the clubs poster boy Pessi..

So if that's the case, which I believe is, they should just hand him the trophy and stop this madness and gruesome schedule..
Mickey mouse world cup shouldn't even count...

Nov 13, 2022 10:38 PM

Jan 2020
Certainly a controversial world cup understandably but as a Canadian-Japanese I am so happy to see my two countries in the world cup at the same time, Literally the first time that has happened in my life (actually the first time ever lmao. Since Japan did not qualify when Canada last did in 1986 and vice versa for all the times Japan qualified in recent times)

Also dealing with work will be a pain since I will be forced to miss some games here and there but oh well. I love the world cup so as for the football itself, I will obviously enjoy it (unless Japan and Canada get hammered 5-0 every match).

My predictions (for group stage )

Group A

1. Netherlands
2. Ecuador
3. Senegal
4. Qatar

Aside from Netherlands (I think it should be pretty obvious. They have been insanely good recently with a good manager, good players and a lot of confidence right now), I actually think this might be the most unpredictable group at the moment, especially considering the recent Mane injury and uncertainty on how that will affect Senegal. I know Mane still got called up but so did Salah back in 2018 and Salah and Egypt both did terrible and finished 4th in the group in 2018 iirc. Mane clearly won't be at his best

I would easily pick Senegal over Ecuador and Qatar but honestly losing Mane is pretty huge even though Senegal is still a good team without it. Ecuador and Qatar are both hard too say since for a while during qualifiers, Ecuador were third place in CONMEBOL only under Brazil and Argentina and considering the quality of south America as a whole, that is very impressive.

Ecuador were extremely impressive during world cup qualifiers and are definitely underrated by many but they are a very very good team and the fact they were placed higher in qualifiers over teams that are traditionally considered "better"(like Colombia, Chile, etc) should say something. If things go well for them, I can see some good results

Qatar on the other hand are hosts and well...... host advantage can go crazy 🗿. They could probably rig it like South Korea did in 2002 or just simply get grouped like South Africa in 2010. Who knows. Qatar could either surprise people with wins or end up finishing 4th. I will say 4th though.

Group B

1. England
2. Wales
3. Iran
4. USA

Battle of mid tbh. All teams have been horrible recently (England getting relegated in nations league, some off-pitch issues with Iran and USA just being kind of a mess at times with Gregg Berhalter honestly looking clueless a lot of times.

even with terrible recent form and some questionable call ups/rejections from Southgate, I think they will probably still finish first. At the end of the day, It is England after all... I think they will step it up here

The very first world cup for Wales since 1958 which is even longer than Canada's drought, So I am very happy for Wales. I don't have much a reason for putting them second but I just a have a feeling they can qualify to the round of 16 and get results against the others.

Same with Iran^. It could really play out anyway.

USA with Berhalter in charge can be very strange. Sometimes maybe shit and sometimes not THAT bad so yeah... I still think 4th though. I expect the USA to do pretty good in the 2026 world cup when they actually host it but for now, I think maybe not.

Group C

1. Argentina
2. Mexico
3. Poland
4. Saudi Arabia

I think Argentina will win the whole tournament.

Sorry Saudi Arabia but I think it's pretty reasonable to put you 4th too.

Poland and Mexico will be super competitive but I think Mexico will SOMEHOW go through just because it's mexico. Mexico have been AWFULLLLLL recently. Bad performance after bad performance and it's easily the worst mexico team since I can remember. Poland on the other hand look better tbh.

But Mexico ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS makes it out of their group no matter what and then gets knocked out in the round of 16. No matter how poor Mexico play nowadays, they just have that "make it out of the group and then lose asap in knockouts" DNA.

Group D

1. Denmark
2. Tunisia
3. France
4. Australia

1998: France Win the World Cup.
2002: France get grouped
2006: Italy Win the World Cup
2010: Italy get Grouped
2010: Spain Win the World Cup
2014: Spain get Grouped
2014: Germany Win the World Cup
2018: Germany Get Grouped
2018: France Win the World Cup
2022: I wonder what's going to happen?????? 🗿

Not to mention Denmark played them in the nations league and literally owned them and won the group. The current world champions never make it out of their group in the following world cup

Group E

1. Germany
2. Spain
3. Japan
4. Costa Rica

I think I got the top two right and the bottom two right.

Spain/Germany placement can go either way but I just put Germany first since they tend to play more "Bayern-Like" in the sense that they are very good at scoring lots of goals so I am just guessing off of GD

I think Japan can put a better fight than people think but yeah, Spain and Germany top 2 is what I'm predicting like everyone else lol

Group F

1. Croatia
2. Belgium
3. Canada
4. Morocco

In 2021, we (Canada) were genuinely good and I believe that from the bottom of my heart. We were winning literally every qualifier game including games against out concacaf rivals (usa/mexico), everyone was fit, team spirit was high, all the players were in form, etc.

I do still think the team is good and we have some underrated players like Davies (left back at Bayern), Jonathan David (One of the top scorers in Ligue 1) and Eustaquio who has been one of Porto's (UCL team btw)'s best players this season and in the form of his life. An overall good balance of old veterans and a new optimistic generation of players but we did lose a little bit of momentum compared to 2021 and some recent not-ideal friendly results do kind of make me nervous even though it is friendly.

I have no idea how we will do. They could honestly finish 4th since Morocco are looking better recently but yeah.... I am nervous. We might finish 3rd or 4th but I just want them to score a goal and hopefully get a point or more tbh lmao.

I think Croatia will finish above Belgium somehow. But I do think those two will make it out like a lot of people are predicting

Group G

1. Brazil
2. Serbia
3. Switzerland
4. Cameroon

I don't want to underestimate Cameroon but I do still think first and fourth are somewhat self explanatory. (Although Choupo-Moting has been absolutely incredible at Bayern this season)

But I think the main battle here will be between Serbia and Switzerland and they happened to be in the same group in 2018 and back then, Switzerland came out top and they may do it again since they are a very good team and the 2020 (1) euros proved that

But idk. I'm just feeling Serbia for some reason.

Group H

1. Uruguay
2. Portugal
3. South Korea
4. Ghana

I agree with what most people think and I think I feel confident in the top two and bottom two.

You never know with Santos ball.... Portugal have super stacked players but they can just underperform.

Uruguay also have stacked players with younger players like Valverde and Nunez (only if it's Nunez on a good day) and more experienced ones like Suarez and Cavani.

And they also played in 2018 and Uruguay knocked them out. Not sure exactly though. But I am still predicting both of them to go through

Nov 13, 2022 11:10 PM

Dec 2015
For Group C and Poland.... Yeah I know already how it will look like, it is always the same rule of Match of 3 every time which is:

"Match Opening" Poland vs Mexico - Lost
"Match for Everything" [important or idk how to translate it] Poland vs Arabia - Should be won
"Match for Honor" Poland vs Argentina - Lost

As the joke says [Polish Joke], how useless does Football Polish National team need to feel like when they bypass Volleyball National Team at airport kekw.

Group E... If they would replace Costa Rica with England.
That would be a perfect group of Bleach,
Spain [Arrancars], Germany[VandenReich], Japan[Shinigami] and Costa Rica England [Fullbring]
Nov 14, 2022 3:46 AM
Jul 2021
Sadly this is one "world cup" I'm not going to watch it, not even a single game, and this comes from a "gringo" that loves football so much that I watched the entire world cup 86 on satellite TV from some dodgy Mexican channel. I saw the "hand of God" match, lost the 90 tournament because reasons, saw the entire 94 one both on TV and a couple of live games.
Saw the entire 98, 02, 06, 10, 14, and 18 tournament, so yeah I'm not some casual viewer & new viewer. But not this time, ffuck FIFA, ffuck Qatar, ffuck that backwater&racist&slaver regime.

And ffuck FIFA once more for "allowing", after everything came out that is, this tournament to go ahead.

I may keep and eye on just to see the western SJW's meltdown because of the issue around the use of lgbt's flags by fans and the use by certain Countries of lgbt's captain armbands. And the Qatari regime banning such things in & around stadiums & games.

That's another thing, Germany stop it already, stop it with the fake pandering to the lgbt community. It's uncalled for, unnecessary, biggoted, cringe asf.
Sincerely a lgbt member.
DawizzNov 14, 2022 3:50 AM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Nov 14, 2022 5:18 AM

Jan 2021
Pretty excited for the world cup. We might see legends like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and so many for the last time in FIFA WC.

I still dont get why this WC is being promoted as being controversial. The lgbt community needs to calm down and stop labelling everything according to their own opinions. Qatar is a Muslim country and you dont have to force them to accept what you think is right. They clearly said that they would not mind Lgbt people to come there but they just want them to stop forcing their culture on them or force them to accept it.

If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 14, 2022 5:19 AM

Jan 2021
Zettaiken said:
Spain [Arrancars], Germany[VandenReich], Japan[Shinigami] and Costa Rica England [Fullbring]

Damn I just noticed this. Anyways Fullbringer was a fillerish canon arc so it doesnt even matter.

Nov 14, 2022 5:29 AM

Dec 2015
FZREMAKE said:
Zettaiken said:

Damn I just noticed this. Anyways Fullbringer was a fillerish canon arc so it doesnt even matter.

Fullbring is a good arc bruh. Just was short, wish to have more stuff on Ginjo and Tsukishima
and it matters cause than people are shocked "Why Ichigo doesn't use mask" when it is mixed up with Fullbring so he is hollowfied 24/7 and being shocked that Rose/Kensei/Shinji are captains again lmao.
Nov 14, 2022 5:34 AM

Jan 2021
Zettaiken said:
FZREMAKE said:

Fullbring is a good arc bruh. Just was short, wish to have more stuff on Ginjo and Tsukishima
and it matters cause than people are shocked "Why Ichigo doesn't use mask" when it is mixed up with Fullbring so he is hollowfied 24/7 and being shocked that Rose/Kensei/Shinji are captains again lmao.

Yeah I dont hate it as much as people make it out to be but I think it could have been shorter rather then longer. Ginjo and Tsukishima were a bit interesting though. Especially Tsukishima's powers and Ginjo's design.

Nov 14, 2022 5:38 AM

Dec 2015
FZREMAKE said:
Zettaiken said:

Yeah I dont hate it as much as people make it out to be but I think it could have been shorter rather then longer. Ginjo and Tsukishima were a bit interesting though. Especially Tsukishima's powers and Ginjo's design.

Yeah. Like as Bleach is driven by character designs those 2 were the only ones given for more information/details about their past while for everyone else it was idk a single panel and nothing else, which is quite a shame. The same was for Substitute Shinigami Arc, Tite Kubo originally planned to make a single chapter/panels for each Ichigo's classmate to expand them and giving more details about it. No idea how it would turned out tbh.
Nov 14, 2022 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
All I know is that France has no chance to win due to the ridiculous amount of injuries they had pre world cup. They're missing two key players in the mid field and several other important players are part of the 25 but uncertain to be properly healed. Considering how hot Qatar still is right now, injured peoples and peoples just coming back from injuries are probably not going to perform well. I expect Denmark to end first in the group and maybe France can still get out of the first round as second; but they won't go much further even if they do.
We'll see if at least the curse of not exiting the group stage can be broken by the same country it started with...

I really hope a new country wins this. Belgium mostly, or the Netherlands for the two I'd like to see winning the most, but anyone else new would be good. I fear that Brazil may win it again though. I'll just follow the results and look at short videos of important moments for this one, I'm a bit too busy to follow them directly (plus the time of the day just isn't going to work most of the days anyway).
Nov 15, 2022 2:19 PM

Jan 2020
It sounds like Mane will only miss the game against the Netherlands from what I'm hearing. The Netherlands game anyway is the one that I feel like Senegal don't have a chance in to start with.

So that's good for Senegal if Mane can somehow show up fit for the Ecuador and Qatar games

Nov 15, 2022 5:44 PM

Jan 2020
Saddly Argentina will win this World Cup, but I hope that at least Brazil gets until the semifinals

Nov 15, 2022 10:50 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
IgorPsc91 said:
Saddly Argentina will win this World Cup, but I hope that at least Brazil gets until the semifinals

I know right... It's more scripted and rigged than wwe

Nov 16, 2022 4:46 AM

Aug 2018
Nkunku is sadly the latest player to pick up an injury. France seems to be in a horrible predicament

Nov 17, 2022 10:39 AM

Jan 2020
I am so used to Japan being my main team so it was a bit strange to not want them to win 😭.

And of course this is a good win for Canada. I am still nervous for the actual world cup though

Nov 17, 2022 11:03 AM

Aug 2018
ManWild said:
I am so used to Japan being my main team so it was a bit strange to not want them to win 😭.

And of course this is a good win for Canada. I am still nervous for the actual world cup though

canada has a pretty tough group do you think they can challenge croatia and belgium?

Nov 17, 2022 11:27 AM

Jan 2020
1iq-Salty said:
ManWild said:

canada has a pretty tough group do you think they can challenge croatia and belgium?

I am predicting a 3rd or 4th place group finish tbh. 😭

I do think there is certainly a possibility maybeee second at best but ultimately, I am expecting 3rd or 4th.

Even though we got first place in concacaf qualifiers, our team is still super young but with a lot of potential so I am expecting a lot more from the 2026 world cup when players like Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David get closer to their prime years + the fact that we will joint host that world cup.

Nov 17, 2022 1:40 PM

Jun 2019
If you watch this World Cup, you are disqualified forever from speaking about ecology and modern slavery.

1iq-Salty said:
Nkunku is sadly the latest player to pick up an injury. France seems to be in a horrible predicament

What a lovely news, hopefully those hypocrites get the punishment they deserve.
Nov 17, 2022 11:40 PM

Jan 2020
I feel for Mane.

A big blow to Senegal for sure.

Nov 18, 2022 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
It's coming home and none of you can stop it.

Nov 19, 2022 12:16 AM

Jan 2020
Just one more day. I have been waiting 4 years for this.

Nov 19, 2022 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
ryo-san said:
IgorPsc91 said:

I know right... It's more scripted and rigged than wwe

Yo, don't break my heart. Da heck are you talking?
Nov 19, 2022 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
To everyone, who's shittin- crap like, "This is all scripted, Argentina will win 'n xyz."
Bruh! We'll see you after World Cup.
Nov 20, 2022 12:26 AM

Jan 2020
My boss at work deadass making me work on the same day as so many world cup games bruh.

Oh well. I'll find a way...

Nov 20, 2022 3:55 AM

Nov 2020
I'm going to miss England disappoint against Iran. USA will be on top by the end of the day tomorrow.
Nov 20, 2022 10:13 AM

Aug 2018
Qatar the first host to loose the opening game in WC 😞

Qatar 0 - 2 Ecuador

Nov 20, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
Oh man What an Opening! (Qatar – 0 | 2 — Ecuador)I'm sure, with this match Qatar realized that just qualifiing for FIFA, *I mean, I know that's not a child's play either* but still this won't get you anywhere on the International lvl where you'll battle against Monster teams.

Ecuador totally crushed 'em, Kudos to their Capt.
FIFA 22
Nov 20, 2022 10:23 AM

Jan 2020
I predicted Ecuador 2nd in the group (post #3 is all my predictions) and I'm confident in that team tbh. Very defensively strong and the type of team that knows how to get results.

Qatar are the first host to lose the opening match but I can't say I'm surprised. They did look a tiny bit better in the second half but yikes, they were a disaster in the first half

Nov 20, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 2021
Qatar wanted to buy it's way into a club that they don't belong, they lack the quality to be in it. They wanted to enter in the football history books, there you have it. Enjoy.

Who sang the opening ceremony song? A fat Psy?
Nov 20, 2022 10:24 AM

Sep 2020
Didn't watch the first match and I'm not going to watch England drop a disaster class against Iran tomorrow. Big sad.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 20, 2022 10:24 AM

Feb 2021
Hope Qatar gets destroyed and doesn't even score a single goal because of how corrupt this world cup is.

I still don't understand how the first goal was offside, guess I will have to look at it again.

Ecuador has a strong chance to finish above Senegal in this group.
Nov 20, 2022 10:30 AM
Jul 2018
Dawizz said:

Plus, I don't get why Jungcook did the Opening Ceremony!? 💢
Nov 20, 2022 10:32 AM

Aug 2010
Qatar were deer in the headlights, obviously under massive pressure. Ecuador clearly more used to playing the game at a higher level which you would expect with them playing in South America.

Nov 20, 2022 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
We didn't have the opening ceremony on Brit TV, just a 20 minute lecture on why Qatar are bad by the BBC. Of course the BBC have flown out to Qatar instead of broadcasting it from home, or you know outright boycotting it.
Nov 20, 2022 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
I hope it's over ASAP and we get back to real football.
The FIFA guys speech was just bizarre. He says can't criticise them for stuff they are doing now because because Euros from 20 generations ago might have done the same thing.

Fuck Qatar and their shithole country for their widespread atrocities.
Nov 20, 2022 10:53 AM
Jul 2021
Softmaxx said:
Dawizz said:

Because money talks? And oh boy will this destroy BTS/Kpop reputation? I do hope so! Kpop is a cancer on western society with it's femboy look and crapy songs, and needs to be sweep under the rug asap.
Nov 20, 2022 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
Dawizz said:

Because money talks? And oh boy will this destroy BTS/Kpop reputation? I do hope so! Kpop is a cancer on western society with it's femboy look and crapy songs, and needs to be sweep under the rug asap.

Yea, man I don't see any football fan happy with this, FIFA WC OP Ceremony has a history 'n legacy, they can't just call anyone like Jungcook or BTS from nowhere n destroy it's legacy.
Who da fuq asked for it?!!! I don't see any reason why?!
Nov 20, 2022 11:12 AM

Aug 2010
Dawizz said:
Softmaxx said:

K-Pop fans are so invested in their guys they'll see him performing on a world stage as a win, even if it's for a human rights abusing oil state.
Nov 20, 2022 1:08 PM

Jun 2019
Damn fam. Felt real bad for Qatar today. F.

Dawizz said:

I thought psy was already the fat psy lmao

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Nov 20, 2022 2:52 PM

Jan 2021
I feel like this FIFA WC has gathered more attention due to the LGTV controversies despite the fact that some people didn't want to support it. Also Qatar lost the opening game. Seems like they didn't pay to win huh.
Anyways glad to see that the WC has finally started.

Nov 21, 2022 4:13 AM

Sep 2020
And... the lineups are in. Jahanbakhsh banger incoming.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 21, 2022 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
So England ear taking the knee with their pathetic virtue signalling but both England and Wales are too scared to wear a rainbow armband in case they get booked.

So they virtue signal black people 18 months after everyone else stopped but ignore gay people because they are too scared of the repercussions, fucking losers. I hope they both got out in the groups.
Nov 21, 2022 4:44 AM

Sep 2020
Saka starts! Didn't expect that from Southgate honestly.

OMG Southgate brought out the back four! I am floored.

SAKAAAA WHAT A HIT!

I was wrong about this England team uno
samsince04Nov 21, 2022 5:46 AM

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 21, 2022 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Damn it!! They're crushing their Opponent.
ENG 3 - 0 IRN (45:00) Saka's performance is quite impressive!!! But 3 Goals by 3 different Players!!! Waiting for Hurricane!! Plus, I feel bad for Iran's Goalkeeper. He got real injured.
Nov 21, 2022 6:43 AM

Sep 2020
So pleased for Rashford, Saka and Sterling considering what happened last year.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 21, 2022 7:15 AM

Aug 2018
What a start for England there was some doubt but they shushed the haters for now

England 6 - 2 Iran

Nov 21, 2022 7:16 AM

Jul 2015
@Dawizz Looks like we finally agree on something. We can end up in finale for all I care, I'm not watching that circus advertisment for online casinos.

FZREMAKE said:
Pretty excited for the world cup. We might see legends like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and so many for the last time in FIFA WC.

I still dont get why this WC is being promoted as being controversial. The lgbt community needs to calm down and stop labelling everything according to their own opinions. Qatar is a Muslim country and you dont have to force them to accept what you think is right. They clearly said that they would not mind Lgbt people to come there but they just want them to stop forcing their culture on them or force them to accept it.

It's controversial because it cost 220 billions (the one in Brazil cost like 15 billions) and the lives of thousand workers so far, just so the qatari could all leave the opening match midway through because they don't care about soccer < ' >_< ' >
Nov 21, 2022 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
Damn!!! What a match!! SAKA all the way, and now I know, how a coach plays his role, Rashford 'n Grealish 'n Sterling scored 1+ 1+ 1 Goal. 2 assists by Harry Kane, but we didn't get to see his magic today, no problem!!
ENG Unstoppable!!! Last 1 minute of extra time was just...🔥🔥🔥
But I'm really really impressed by their coach, just how he substituted players. Real Experience!!

Nov 21, 2022 7:33 AM

Apr 2021
1iq-Salty said:
What a start for England there was some doubt but they shushed the haters for now

England 6 - 2 Iran

imagine the team without those Africans players

Immigration saved brits
Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you go to anime conventions?

spaceslut - Mar 11, 2022

24 by -Fantastical- »»
1 minute ago

» Some of y'all are wayyy too narrow-minded and pessimisstic because of it

Timeline_man - 19 minutes ago

1 by Taiyaa »»
9 minutes ago

» why is being idealistic always considered as a taboo in this world?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

12 by Taiyaa »»
14 minutes ago

» Real Life Shipping: Have you ever done it or had it happen to you?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

8 by -Fantastical- »»
18 minutes ago

» What are you insecure about the most? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

55 by -Fantastical- »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.