Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
May 4, 2021 4:39 AM
Jan 2021
Well that's exactly what the question is. I personally like this Anime and it really brings me to laugh. I don't get what the problem is for some people? Is it for them to cringy or are they just 10yo and never speakedto a girl/women? This Anime looks great and is different from other Romance Anime. I think it is a really entertaining show just like Tagaki and Uzaki-Chan.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 4, 2021 5:13 AM

Jun 2016
some people think it’s immature but it’s literally about high schoolers. some of the most immature mfs. i find it funny and rather enjoyable as well

beat beat drums

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 4, 2021 5:59 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is just a piece of shit, like bruh, who tf laughs watching an innocent boy getting bullied by a immature high schooler bitch, It might be entertaining for you, but nothing changes this anime to anything other than garbage
May 4, 2021 6:13 AM
Dec 2020
RaifRaj said:
This anime is just a piece of shit, like bruh, who tf laughs watching an innocent boy getting bullied by a immature high schooler bitch, It might be entertaining for you, but nothing changes this anime to anything other than garbage
she is most definitely not bullying him she defended him from her friends and tried to teach him to fight back she obviously likes him in those situations 9/10 the girl likes the guy that’s she’s “bullying” but doesn’t understand any other way to show it it’s literally a cliche is so many high school shows I grew up watching like you don’t even have to read between the lines to see why she acts like that to only him she teases him and he’s over sensitive and she’s trying to change that
May 4, 2021 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
IllegalMemeGod said:
RaifRaj said:
she is most definitely not bullying him she defended him from her friends and tried to teach him to fight back she obviously likes him in those situations 9/10 the girl likes the guy that’s she’s “bullying” but doesn’t understand any other way to show it it’s literally a cliche is so many high school shows I grew up watching like you don’t even have to read between the lines to see why she acts like that to only him she teases him and he’s over sensitive and she’s trying to change that

Bruh that's one another loaded bullshit crap, yeah she likes the boy no doubt in that, but the way she shows her affection towards him is another bullshit bomb, also that thing about saving him when her garbage friends started to bully him, those friends called him "slave" and more heavily insulting terms, she didn't say shit about those, rather made fun of him as well
May 4, 2021 6:25 AM

Nov 2009
Because some snowflakes can't distinguish fiction from reality and they are projecting their own bad experiences in life. I actually started reading the manga, and there's no real bullying in the story. Every time Nagatoro teases Senpai you can clearly see it's either her way of flirting or a way to genuinely improve his life and usually both (make fun he has skinny arms, then propose she will train with him, so he improves his stamina and she will have an opportunity to spend time together), if she goes overboard (which happens very rarely) she recognizes it and it's made clear to the viewer her intentions were not to genuinely hurt the guy.

Even Nagatoro two friends who at first the viewer expect to bully senpai for the hell of it, actually have a hidden reason for it which is usually for Nagatoro and Senpai becoming closer, because they realized she has a crush on him and actually want to help her, either by provoking her in becoming protective of him or by arranging a way for the two to spend time together.

- Gamo-chan insulting his libido just so Nagatoro will start praising his masculinity (in her own way of course, but the intention is clear)
-Senpai wanted to go to the festival with Nagatoro but was too scared to ask her so he was just going around hoping he bumps in to her, he is found by the duo who put a leash on him and send the pic to Nagatoro, not to humiliate him but because they know this will make Nagatoro almost teleport to them, after which all 4 proceed to have a good time on the festival.

I found the story to be way more cute and wholesome than any of the angry reviewers who just saw episode 1 would make you believe it is.
May 4, 2021 6:33 AM
Dec 2020
RaifRaj said:
IllegalMemeGod said:

Bruh that's one another loaded bullshit crap, yeah she likes the boy no doubt in that, but the way she shows her affection towards him is another bullshit bomb, also that thing about saving him when her garbage friends started to bully him, those friends called him "slave" and more heavily insulting terms, she didn't say shit about those, rather made fun of him as well
I can see why you can say it’s like bullshit but we’re talking about teenage girls here they’re sooo complicated she also has a social food chain she probably wants to maintain so she could have let that slide for that reason regardless I see the teasing light hearted and I see the guy just super sensitive like cmon she called your hair a sheep’s wool and you’re gonna cry about that cmon also she invited him over her house and they had a great time behind close doors he even says he enjoyed himself so honestly the show might not be for you cause if what she’s doing rn is upsetting you like and we’re not even half way then shit hoes mad ig
May 4, 2021 7:09 AM
May 2021
Probably because people immediately connect the anime to the autor's other Works... Yea... P3Do M0nkys... The show is great, but when a guy who had wrote a lot of loli doujinshi in the past tries to do something somewhat different from usual people can't ignore the past. Its like someone bringing out a 5 years old tweet, that doesnt even make sense anymore just to win a discussion, i feel bad for the guy, i try to ignore all the other stuff he made and try to see him as just the author of Nagatoro
May 4, 2021 7:32 AM
Apr 2020
Sinbad_Echidna said:
Well that's exactly what the question is. I personally like this Anime and it really brings me to laugh. I don't get what the problem is for some people? Is it for them to cringy or are they just 10yo and never speakedto a girl/women? This Anime looks great and is different from other Romance Anime. I think it is a really entertaining show just like Tagaki and Uzaki-Chan.

Honestly I don’t really care either way. I can understand why people like it and why people don’t, not everyone likes or finds the teasing and annoying character entertaining. I’m personally just watching it because it comes once a week and is easy to watch while eating dinner or something, it’s just convenient. Some people may find her teasing, which can be considered bullying to some, triggering or uncomfortable because they experienced something similar, even if it just reminds them of an annoying sibling. The whole making him cry issue is resolved when he’s later gonna be revealed as a masochist or whatever weird borderline h*ntai thing I heard about, so I don’t really care about what a comedy slice of life is trying to portray, it’s just a silly comedy aimed at those who love their dynamic or like girls like her. I personally can’t stand uzaki chan because I find her so frustrating for some reason based on the clips I saw, but I don’t go around insulting those who like it, nor should others do, there’s a difference between hating something and insulting those who like it or made it and all that, but like I said, I can understand why Nagatoro is controversial because she isn’t just annoying like uzaki chan, she does it intentionally and enjoys seeing him cry, which some may not enjoy
licxttMay 4, 2021 7:36 AM
May 4, 2021 7:36 AM
Jul 2020
RaifRaj said:
IllegalMemeGod said:

what you are watching is called 'anime' i hope you do understand that part... try differentiating between that and reality... the romance in this is rather rare... if it doesn't suit your tastes then just don't watch it... coming to this forum to spread hate and ignoring logic is what you may called immature 'bullshit'.. i have a reason why i like this anime... it does romance differently than any other generic clichéd romance where a guy falls in love and blah blah.. also by logic this isn't bullying because there is development... if it wasn't for development then even A Silent Voice is bad because it had bullying in it... so please the next time you write something like this at least put some thought into it
May 4, 2021 7:41 AM

Aug 2020
Wasn't there a thread asking the same thing? people are already annoying always asking the same thing, as if OP found the correct answer here.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
May 4, 2021 7:59 AM
Jan 2021
Bullying is the first reason
May 4, 2021 8:25 AM
Jan 2020
No clue why this show gets this much hate, I believe that bullying is ok ...... if the recipient is turned on by it.

May 4, 2021 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
People hate it cause they can’t let others enjoy their own fictional fantasies. I can see both sides of the story, but I personally love it and find it funny. Senpai honestly doesn’t “hate” it either, he says it himself in like the second episode I think? Whichever one. Even if he cries, it’s usually out of embarrassment. Besides Nagatoro actually takes care of the guy despite her actions of teasing him mercilessly. She even apologized when she tries to teach him to stand up for himself. Nothing is serious or harmful. It’s literally a stupid high school romance. Usually it’s the guys teasing the girls, it’s just the opposite here. And even aside from the romance, friends tease and make fun of each other all the time. If you have ever had a mutual bully each other (not actually bullying just teasing and like hitting and calling each other names) friendship then you probably wouldn’t understand.
May 4, 2021 9:47 AM
Apr 2021
IllegalMemeGod said:
RaifRaj said:

In a sense it's constructive criticism
May 4, 2021 10:08 AM

Apr 2012
I dislike this anime because truck kun isn't around to take care of nagatoro.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 4, 2021 10:10 AM
Nov 2020
I won’t bash on people who like this series at all, but personally I just can’t stand it, it’s just not my cup of tea and I can’t find the interest in Nagatoro. I get why people like it, but I just don’t like the fact that the whole story is based around an high-schooler bullying another one. It’s not the bullying in itself that bothers me, it’s the absence of story and character developpment that ruins the experience for me.
May 4, 2021 11:18 AM
Dec 2019
This anime makes me angry lol
It might be different than other romance anime but the characters are just annoying af
The girl doesn’t know when to stop, a fcking bully, the most annoying character ever, super loud, mean, naughty and blames everything on the guy when it’s actually her fault.
The guy is also fcking annoying cuz he can’t stand up for himself. He just endures everything, an annoying virgin whos 24/7 horny and can’t defend himself. He doesn’t know how to talk back and I hate people like that. Sure it’s not always easy to stand up for oneself but he’s literally the definition of a loser. TALK bro! What do you have a mouth for? Say the things you have in mind. It’s getting on my nerves. I really hope for a huge character development or else this anime will be pure dogshit.
May 4, 2021 11:37 AM

Jul 2019
People saw that there is bullying AND GOT VERY ANGRY
May 4, 2021 12:27 PM
May 2021
Because it’s a sexual anime and many Japanese moms dont want it
May 4, 2021 12:27 PM
May 2021
Because it’s a sexual anime and many Japanese moms dont want it
May 4, 2021 12:31 PM

Jul 2020
I understand its his character design, but holy crap the MC is such a wuss. Also, I'm not too into ecchii, I'd rather just read/watch hentai than watch ecchii content.
May 4, 2021 12:31 PM
Mar 2021
Some people who have watched it I think reflect on themselves so it makes the anime unenjoyable to them. It is so funny by the way
May 4, 2021 1:02 PM
Jan 2021
hyleaft said:
This anime makes me angry lol
It might be different than other romance anime but the characters are just annoying af
The girl doesn’t know when to stop, a fcking bully, the most annoying character ever, super loud, mean, naughty and blames everything on the guy when it’s actually her fault.
The guy is also fcking annoying cuz he can’t stand up for himself. He just endures everything, an annoying virgin whos 24/7 horny and can’t defend himself. He doesn’t know how to talk back and I hate people like that. Sure it’s not always easy to stand up for oneself but he’s literally the definition of a loser. TALK bro! What do you have a mouth for? Say the things you have in mind. It’s getting on my nerves. I really hope for a huge character development or else this anime will be pure dogshit.

the girl cant stop bullying because shes just an animated character who has no will of her own, people are forgetting this is just an anime and not reality
May 4, 2021 1:20 PM

Feb 2018
I think this anime will always be shadded by the heavy bullying in the first episode even if it becomes less evil, justified or even left behind on the long run. First impressions matter, and this series stumbled hard with wide audiences, fans of the series should accept that.
May 4, 2021 1:40 PM
Feb 2021
Its because at first its hard to decipher whether she's actually bullying him or having fun with him.At first she bullys him for her own twisted humor and a not to long in the future she starts messing with him with goodish intentions.You could tell she doesen't know how to express her love towards him,so she does it in a weird way.This guys also a huge wimp so it makes her look really mean.Can yall get a clue?Apparently you guys haven't had similar experiences with girls,or you have and misinterpret it.In the last episode you could tell she was jealous of her friends messing with him.You could tell she actually likes him a lot and she's her number one.Without nagatoro coming in his life,he would've been bored and a very generic person.I've had the same experience as the mc,a little later on i could tell she was hitting on me but couldn't express that emotion very well.
magicmicah21May 4, 2021 1:45 PM
May 4, 2021 3:46 PM

Jan 2020
Because people don't like the teasing style or they dropped it on the first episode

May 4, 2021 4:26 PM
Jul 2020
I can tell you the reason why I personally don't like the anime. First off, the unnecessary sexualization of the female characters. They're all in high school, yet there's so many scenes that make this anime uncomfortable to watch. Sometimes I get the feeling that this anime is supposed to be an Ecchi. Secondly, this show has no sense of consent. Nagatoro and her "friends" constantly bully the male MC and touch him inappropriately. It's a really hard to watch anime in my opinion, but unfortunately, there will always be people who enjoy this kind of stuff

chw___2May 13, 2021 4:13 AM
May 4, 2021 5:03 PM
Apr 2017
krulteps said:
I can tell you the reason why I personally don't like the anime. First off, the unnecessary sexualization of the female characters. They're all in high school, yet there's so many scenes that make this anime uncomfortable to watch. Sometimes I get the feeling that this anime is supposed to be an Ecchi. Secondly, this show has no sense of consent. Nagatoro and her "friends" constantly bully the male MC and touch him inappropriately. It's a really hard to watch anime in my opinion, but unfortunately, there will always be people who enjoy this kind of stuff
thank you, you're literally the only rational person here
May 4, 2021 5:41 PM

Aug 2020
I don't understand either. This show is very funny. I didn't had an anxiety for the next episode in a long time... I'm excited to watch more of it.

May 4, 2021 9:37 PM
Feb 2021
From what I see is a bunch of SJWs on Twitter got angry that the girl has dark skin and called the show racist which makes no fucking sense…
May 4, 2021 11:04 PM
Feb 2020
I think it is because a people get offended easy by anything : this is just anime. This is just fiction, that make me laugh nothing else. And just a fun fact : the author of nagatoro made some questionable doujinshi. For that reason, it can give some doujinshi vibe. ( i don't know the sauce for it)
May 5, 2021 1:12 AM
Mar 2021
Idk it seems pretty entertaining. The animation is nice and the story is pretty funny (I've read the manga), it may look like bullying at first but it isnt if you read the manga, its just a really long lesson
May 5, 2021 2:17 AM

Oct 2010
it's a 300 IQ move to make the show popular
May 5, 2021 3:05 AM

Jan 2021
Chkhanime said:
I think it is because a people get offended easy by anything : this is just anime. This is just fiction, that make me laugh nothing else. And just a fun fact : the author of nagatoro made some questionable doujinshi. For that reason, it can give some doujinshi vibe. ( i don't know the sauce for it)

Here's the sauce 122557
May 5, 2021 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
People like different kinds of animes and for most people, this just isn't their type
May 5, 2021 4:48 AM

Apr 2019
All I'm seeing is a highschool girl (Nagatoro) who literally have no idea how to convey her feelings to her crush (Senpai), so she does it in the form of teasing.

I mean it's pretty damn obvious to see right from episode 1 how much she likes him- she even told him that he's Siegfried so she tried to act as Elizabeth.

It's not even close to bullying since she doesn't like it when other people look down on him, and she also apologizes when she goes too far.

It's a really good rom-com if you know what's happening behind her actions. One of my favs this season

May 5, 2021 4:56 AM
Jan 2021
I really don't hate this Anime but also I'm not that much into this anime .
I think reason for that would be that I can predict the ending like we all know how this anime is going to end . Also many people really don't love the idea of bullying the mc.
It really has captured the scenes of bullying the
May 5, 2021 5:12 AM
Feb 2021
People dropped it at episode 1 and misunderstood the premise. That’s why.
May 5, 2021 5:32 AM

Oct 2015
Hoping for a School Days ending. These characters are annoying as shit.
May 5, 2021 5:53 AM

Sep 2014
Because it's funnier than One Point Man.
May 5, 2021 6:11 AM
Apr 2021
This show gets hate for one reason. They knew a nagatoro type girl in school and didn’t know how to deal with them. Being a person who had to deal with several (also knowing that most of time the teasing is an indication of a building attraction) I get a laugh at this show because it’s not real life lol just enjoy this shit people or watch the teasing master takagi San if u need a more wholesome experience.
May 5, 2021 8:00 AM
Aug 2018
Probably brings back their fucking trauma
May 5, 2021 8:17 AM

May 2021
It's hated because Twitter is a dumpster fire and they have to cancel at least one anime a season to feel alive.Thry called it racist because they said Nagatoro was a black bully....but she isn't, she tans due to hanging out at the poolside. Then they throw context aside and say it promotes bullying, though Nagatoro put her friends in place when they were being too harsh and has often apologized when she took it too far. She likes Senpai so she teases him a bit, it's high schoolers do that sometimes except it's a female teasing instead of a male. It's just all really stupid.
Don't stay in the bubble, the mind demands to learn
May 5, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2019
Stryker1500 said:
It's hated because Twitter is a dumpster fire and they have to cancel at least one anime a season to feel alive.Thry called it racist because they said Nagatoro was a black bully....but she isn't, she tans due to hanging out at the poolside. Then they throw context aside and say it promotes bullying, though Nagatoro put her friends in place when they were being too harsh and has often apologized when she took it too far. She likes Senpai so she teases him a bit, it's high schoolers do that sometimes except it's a female teasing instead of a male. It's just all really stupid.

I find it interesting how your signature says:
Yet what you're saying right here makes it pretty clear that you yourself are in a bubble. In fact, the majority in this thread are. Almost all here has some form of excuse that can dismiss people who dislike this show. Like snowflakes, SJWs, Twitter, cancel culture, etc. But basically no one even dares to consider the possibility that maybe people simply don't find the show to be good. Not because of "omg bullying bad" or anything of the sort. But they simply don't think it's well written and has lackluster humor.
Subarashii
May 5, 2021 10:05 AM

May 2021
I'm in a bubble because I'm writing off those be 1 star rating who called the series racist and problematic...k I'm fine with that then. Press on.
May 5, 2021 11:36 AM

Dec 2020
Is it just me or has anyone else thought about what in the world would happen if the gender roles were reversed?
May 5, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2021
nanzsins said:
Is it just me or has anyone else thought about what in the world would happen if the gender roles were reversed?

There's a reason there's not many anime about guys bullying (honestly teasing) girls. Plus guys kinda suck at showing emotions so it'd come off as much colder than it does here.
May 5, 2021 1:42 PM

Feb 2018
nanzsins said:

Nodame cantabile is kinda that with less sexual assaulting and less bullying to the point of crying but has physical assault from male MC to female MC even if it is masked as a Slap-Stick comedy. There is also sexual harrasment from other characters and is even allowed by school institutions... still, I've only found little people mentioning all that.

And yet, I love Nodame Cantabile, have watched the series and dorama more than once, but I also can unsee all that bad stuff the same way I can't unsee Nagatoro's bad behaviour.
May 5, 2021 4:33 PM
Feb 2021
It has all the bad things uzaki-chan also brought, without anything good to itself
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

272 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.