New
Mar 31, 2021 12:46 PM
Oct 2019
Open reviews r encouraged.
P S: No hating pls.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 31, 2021 12:47 PM

Jan 2020
I hated it but it might be kind of hard to "not hate" in the thread when the option I selected is worded pretty aggressively lol.

I can see the appeal but it wasn't my thing

Mar 31, 2021 12:49 PM

Oct 2020
Only started watching it because of all the heat it's been getting. So was curious.

Mar 31, 2021 12:57 PM

Oct 2008
It's fiction. No one was harmed in the making of this series. No one was forced to watch it if they didn't like it.

That being said, I really enjoyed it. Unironically. It harkens back to the 80s and 90s where anime was far more ballsy and unapologetic in its gratuity. Hopefully there'll be more like it in the future, not only in terms of sex, but in terms of graphic violence and gore as well.
Mar 31, 2021 1:12 PM
Aug 2019
Y'all really bout here watching for the plot huh😂 wow that's crazy
Mar 31, 2021 1:18 PM

Oct 2019
I started watching it because of the “hype”, but lets be honest guys, what would you rather have? A generic high fantasy harem anime or a generic high fantasy harem anime with sex scenes?
For me it’s pretty obvious.
Also I have seen far worse in terms of story and animation, so it’s not that bad, I actually enjoy quite a bit.
Mar 31, 2021 1:26 PM

Feb 2020
I actually really like it. I mean 99% of anime make kissing (or even holding hands etc) out to be a huge deal. It's something I've always hated. But THIS one!! Holy shit, they really didn't hold anything back! I appreciate it for what it is. I'm not watching it for the sex scenes or anything but I like that they really went for it. Is it the best? No I wouldn't say so. But it's for sure different. I give it a 8 for effort and going against the norm! Ide take this over dungeon boonies ANYDAY!!
Mar 31, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
I loved it to be honest. I gave it a high score as well. No, I didn't watch it for the plot. But I heard some ppl did...
Mar 31, 2021 1:28 PM

Apr 2018
Standard TNK trash. It's fine if you think it's hot or edgy or cool or whatever but it's just not a good anime

I don't think the concept of the show in and of itself is bad though, and if the makers focused more on writing, world-building, and animation quality instead of constant sex scenes, it could've been pretty good.
ZytoepMar 31, 2021 2:40 PM
Mar 31, 2021 1:30 PM

Aug 2020
Is he the only one in his class to try rape in anime or be the only one in his class to try rape in anime and hentai? Come on, don't be idiots, great hentais that try to rape are little known but this one that doesn't do it well is recognized everywhere. where the world should be going ...
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Mar 31, 2021 1:36 PM
Sep 2020
Going to binge it because 3am Friday night
Mar 31, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2019
Phantoken said:
I started watching it because of the “hype”, but lets be honest guys, what would you rather have? A generic high fantasy harem anime or a generic high fantasy harem anime with sex scenes?
For me it’s pretty obvious.
Also I have seen far worse in terms of story and animation, so it’s not that bad, I actually enjoy quite a bit.

This.
Pretty much the same explanation.
There’s was also the other one that said that hopefully we could get something more graphic in the gore violence sex etc.
The main problem lies with the fact that people are way too biased thors this show that they just desperately try to find reasons to cancel it or censor it (Japan likes it btw and the massive BD Sales should hint another Season) but to be fair if they gave it a chance they would realize that is either not that bad or at least hate it for more compelling reasons as in lacking world building and stuff.
That would show they at least pretended to watch under a fair chance.
They tend to go on a rampage “There’s the R mayus letter word so it’s heresy” when the plot even explains the way Keyaru “Justifies” his actions.
The whole point of questioning your morality is the author’s main game.

It has Isekai/Fantasy elements which are the norm nowadays.
It has uncensored action that it’s always well received if it’s Fan Service used effectively (Being an Erotica Novel I don’t know what kind of show they were expecting)
The irony is that beloved shows like Baccano, Black Lagoon, Gangsta, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop have glorified gore violent scenes, and they don’t shy away about showing nudity and rape and nobody loses their mind. Talk about big levels of hypocrisy.
“But it’s there to give depth to the scene”, absolutely, I believe the other show is attempting to do just the same.
The irony is that this people that hate it with a passion also love Rance.
Have you seen Rance or play the game? Exactly my point, hating the same thing you love is a massive double standard.
This show is good at what was trying to do, good eye candy and art style from TNK, good voice acting, a MC that is a little bit different from the typical moral compass, a big story (LN’s are over 10 Volumes long so far I believe and they barely scratched the surface)
Is not a masterpiece but definitely is not a piece of crap.
It’s a niche show for a very specific audience.
It did not force anybody to watch it though.
Mar 31, 2021 1:48 PM
Feb 2021
Average hentai, I liked it XD
Mar 31, 2021 1:48 PM
Jan 2021
I don’t tolerate it. But for some reason, I also enjoy it.
Mar 31, 2021 2:00 PM

Aug 2020
Episode 2 was great fap material!
Mar 31, 2021 2:08 PM

Oct 2008
Just watched out of curiosity, no issue with the content, it just wasn't very good.
Mar 31, 2021 2:14 PM

Nov 2014
watched it because i just plan to watch almost everything in the season
Mar 31, 2021 2:24 PM
Oct 2016
It's a Hentai without the genitals and a generic isekai that takes itself too seriously and is way too edgy. It's enjoyable for some people and I can see why. It's trash, but it isn't poorly made or the worst. It's just not that good and that's fine.
dirt
Mar 31, 2021 2:31 PM
Sep 2020
I actually love this anime. The Mc knows how to get revenge properly and goes through with it. And it's also worth mentioning the behavior in this anime does reflect on how it would actually be if you were to live in an actually fantasy world.
Mar 31, 2021 2:57 PM
Nov 2020
It wasn’t that bad if you shift your perspective. Everyone compares it to the standards of our world or a different anime. But if you take a step back and realize if you play nice with these people, then you are the one that will get manipulated.
Anime is def a breathe of fresh air too, I’d rather watch this than your generic “good” show. The way they are moving the mc is interesting, will he change later on, will he be the one causing more destruction, or will he achieve his goal and put on a “peaceful” world. We can def see the MC’s good intentions but the way he goes about executing it is the questionable part. Idk man it’ll be dope to get a season 2.
Mar 31, 2021 3:02 PM

Jul 2020
Yeah, I'm just here for the sex scenes I'd be less interested or not at all if there were none.
Mar 31, 2021 3:16 PM
Jun 2020
This anime is a bonified train wreck. Pointless, gratuitous and just unpleasant. And yet it's a train wreck I watched all the way and oddly enough, I enjoyed it, the true example of a guilty pleasure. I know it's depraved but it's a unique kind of train wreck. In a world of political correctness, it's such a shock to the brain that this managed to exist at all. And you know what, I want to see this through to the end if possible. It's not for everyone, trust me, I wouldn't even recommend this to my friends. In the end, I just laugh at it, not with it.
Mar 31, 2021 3:51 PM

Jun 2012
The anime is for sure better than a 6, only because it's easily 1 of the most unique anime we've seen in awhile. Legit no other anime developers would ever dare to make something like this. And lets be honest, his power is so fucking badass lmao.

Doesn't deserve a second season, but I'd watch it if there was one.

id say its a 7. max.
Mar 31, 2021 4:00 PM

Sep 2014
Finally a hentai with full season - 12 episodes, 24 mins per epiosde. Not bad animation and good story as for hentai. I see this anime either as 1 or 10. There's no in-between.
With Redo of Healer and recently Ishuzoku Reviewers there's no longer crossing line between ecchi and hentai. Anime ascended.
Mar 31, 2021 4:12 PM
Feb 2009
so many dishonest reviews giving this a score of 1, where are the mods to clear out the troll reviews like Ishuzoku Reviewers.
now that i got that out there, this is far from a masterpiece, i would say a solid 7.
it gives a fresh plot never before done and delivers in a unique way, that uniqueness alone proves it is worthy of some credit.
not even all of the companions were brainwashed or raped, they each had their own unique scenarios.
the main character even develops a consonance, if a bit broken, giving the character more depth.
it also not only manages to somehow make people defend mass rape and torture of the main character (twice in some cases due to his restart), but also attack the guy for dishing out less than they ever did to him.
overall it is a nice change of pace, nothing groundbreaking, but i think they could and should have went even more graphic to make it undeniable how terrible those who wronged the protagonist actually was, because here are people denying his justice with scores of 1.
Mar 31, 2021 4:29 PM
Feb 2021
@Lush4beauty For those that don’t care for the sex scenes, I like to recommend the manga. It has a bit more violence, but less ecchi.
Mar 31, 2021 4:32 PM
Jul 2020
One of those anime where it’s so bad, you’ve gotta laugh
Mar 31, 2021 4:32 PM
Nov 2018
Not going to lie but I heard about it and started watching it since episode 2 and actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Obviously watched the uncensored because I would have hated watching a blank screen for a minute. But it’s one of the only shows I watched week by week.
Mar 31, 2021 4:54 PM
Sep 2020
Can't vote cuz none of the choices was my answer. I watched the anime just because of the story and I liked how it was progressive. Nothing else.
Mar 31, 2021 5:03 PM

Aug 2020
Really liked the beginning but the rest was kinda trash, no interesting characters other than Keyarga, Hawkeye and Eve, not even interesting actually, they are like the only ones with actual personalities rather than extremely evil, generic npc or keyarga's property, the revenges were also very lackluster compared to the freya one, they look censored, i didn't watch the manga so i'm not sure if they actually are but they are very light compared to the first one, the arcs are also kinda trash, it's all basically:
New villains comes, keyaru observes him, they fight, keyaru wins easily then revenge, all of that in like 1 episode for every villain
Mar 31, 2021 5:20 PM
Aug 2020
the worst anime i have ever seen
Mar 31, 2021 6:04 PM
Nov 2020
Men of culture chose the right option
Mar 31, 2021 6:12 PM
Mar 2014
I've said this a million times and I'll say it again. Finally a vengeful protagonist! God knows I got depressed from the sea of whiny p***y protagonist white knight wannabes. Its so refreshing seeing this sort of protagonist. I want more of this type of mc!! Besides typical harem get on my nerve for how easy the women are but in this its twistedly good how kayru deserves them and nice versa. Also it genuinely is an interesting story if it weren't for all that sex it would definitely be up there with shield off the rising hero and the like. I gave it a 9 for being so new and f-ing refreshing
Mar 31, 2021 6:13 PM

Nov 2013
At some point I started wondering how would be his next revenge. I never got disgusted or outraged. I laughed more than anything, because everything ended in sex. Redo of Healer is ok.
Mar 31, 2021 6:30 PM

Oct 2013
One of a kind, obviously.

The law of such an anime is that the plot makes the actual "plot" better. A regular hentai would just be mostly about "plot".

RoH's sex scenes will tend to be more anticipated because you have an actual story going on in between them (which is still over half of an ep's duration in general).

It also knows how to entertain with some of that self-awareness, over-the-topness & it's sheer unapologetic nature.

Mar 31, 2021 8:03 PM

Mar 2017
RandomGuyScott said:

The irony is that beloved shows like Baccano, Black Lagoon, Gangsta, Berserk, Cowboy Bebop have glorified gore violent scenes, and they don’t shy away about showing nudity and rape and nobody loses their mind. Talk about big levels of hypocrisy.

Add Perfect Blue to that list. For a more recent example, add Banana Fish to that list. Now ask yourself what is the difference between all these competent series you mentioned and the incompetent money grab power fantasy Redo? It is not a hard question at all. No matter how hard you pontificate about Redo.

Twilight_Talon said:
so many dishonest reviews giving this a score of 1

If 1s are dishonest, 10s are dishonest. Can't have it only one way.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 31, 2021 8:05 PM

Jul 2020
The actual substance of the show was quickly clouded by the fanservice, which I can't even call fanservice. It's straight-up hentai. I like it.
Mar 31, 2021 8:47 PM
Feb 2009
Eanki said:

1s are dishonest because objectively it is not a 1 quality anime, you can argue for it being better, but you cant just say something is far lesser than its greatest part.

for example its greatest part is art/animation at a score of say 6/10 you would be hard pressed to lower the score below a 2/10 if every other aspect was a 1/10, which they arnt.

from what i see is people hate the themes and disregard all other aspects of the whole creating an entirely different elitism rating far removed from the normal rating system (thus should be invalid imo).

in the end enjoyment can be part of the rating overall but has no place replacing the whole system of rating a show on its merits

while i do agree it is no 10/10, those ratings are infinitely more honest than the 1/10 ratings
Mar 31, 2021 9:08 PM
Dec 2020
Idk i’ve never actually seen it I just voted randomly
Mar 31, 2021 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
Twilight_Talon said:
Eanki said:

1s are dishonest because objectively it is not a 1 quality anime, you can argue for it being better, but you cant just say something is far lesser than its greatest part.

for example its greatest part is art/animation at a score of say 6/10 you would be hard pressed to lower the score below a 2/10 if every other aspect was a 1/10, which they arnt.

from what i see is people hate the themes and disregard all other aspects of the whole creating an entirely different elitism rating far removed from the normal rating system (thus should be invalid imo).

in the end enjoyment can be part of the rating overall but has no place replacing the whole system of rating a show on its merits

while i do agree it is no 10/10, those ratings are infinitely more honest than the 1/10 ratings

So every show should just get a baseline of 3 because it has animation frames, colour and sound?
Mar 31, 2021 9:44 PM
Aug 2012
I was drawn to the series before I knew of the hentai part. I do like revenge stories.

Story was nothing great, but much better then an hentai story. Outside of the first princess revenge, the rest wasn't really my type of hentai.

I give it a 6/10 because the story wasn't trash. The final fight with Hawkeye was good.
Mar 31, 2021 10:31 PM
May 2016
The show is inconsistent, has too many sex scenes but they are not long enough to enjoy a good fap, edgy as fuck, 0 moral lessons, it 100% justifies revenge as the ultimate happiness even if sometimes it bites him back in the ass, revenge rape, mediocre story, meh pacing and a lot more crap but for some reason I'm having so much fun watching it, it's like a really long dark joke, I was laughing my ass off at how fucked up some of the scenes were.

I think it's one of a kind, not in a good way but I'm glad it exists, it means Japan still has the balls to create extremely fucked up content, if stuff like this can get greenlit in "current year" then there is still hope for anime in the future even with the woke mob trying to bully Japan into becoming more "western friendly"
Mar 31, 2021 10:32 PM

Mar 2019
I was more of "decided to watch because it's trash, and stayed because it's trash"

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 31, 2021 11:55 PM

Mar 2017
Twilight_Talon said:
Eanki said:

Only because you subscribe to the idea that anime rating is reductive and that the whole is simply a sum of all its parts. You think this exercise in reductivism is the only valid way to rate anime and that is a you problem.

Who are you to say a comparative methodology is any less valid of a way? Some people rate by comparison. They try to rate as unbiased as possible the worst anime they see as 1 and the best anime they see as a 10. Any series that is a step above the anime rated as 1 in competency but still really damn bad is a 2. Etc. This is a system that uses the full rating scale of 1 to 10 and orders anime series by how competent, engaging, and revolutionary they are relative to one another. This process comes with a boon in that it helps people who see your list and your ratings have a proper grasp on your rating system. They do not know what is a 5 to you, what properties make you hand out one. But they can see what you rate as a 5 and what you rate as a 4 and a 6 and gain a measure of understanding how that 5 came to be by comparing the 4s, 5s, and 6s.

DeusSolaris said:
I think it's one of a kind, not in a good way but I'm glad it exists, it means Japan still has the balls to create extremely fucked up content, if stuff like this can get greenlit in "current year" then there is still hope for anime in the future even with the woke mob trying to bully Japan into becoming more "western friendly"

Imagine saying shit like this when something as popular as HBO exists where well developed characters have fucked up shit happen to them. Yes, quantity wise, this show might win. Quantity wise. But in terms of quality, fucked up things happening to characters you got invested in elicit more emotions than some faceless nobody getting tortured.
EankiApr 1, 2021 12:04 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 1, 2021 1:27 AM
Oct 2019
Wow so many people voted. Niice ^^
Apr 1, 2021 1:32 AM

Jan 2015
Animation was average, music average, characters average, fight choreography avarage. This show is definitely not BAD.

Liked the idea of gory revenge story. Sex scenes (as in whole) were logical because of what he went through. Admittedly though if you took the sex scenes out I would have enjoyed it less.

Only lack of logical reasoning behind MC actions was my main complaint (like going through the torture again, letting his friend get killed, etc).
Enjoyed it and waited for every episode.
BinaryFinaryApr 1, 2021 1:35 AM
Apr 1, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2021
I'll be frank... I'm watching this series because I like revenge type of Animes.
Honestly, I didn't think the sex scenes would be included, but it turns out to be great.
Apr 1, 2021 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
I started watching the uncensored version yesterday, mostly because of the general description of what I had heard about the show and the overall love it/hate it dynamic. After 3 episodes I can see why people like it, but it's pretty over the top. I feel like I won't have a really solid grasp on whether I like it until I get closer to the end. I pretty much plan to finish binging it here in a little bit.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Apr 1, 2021 2:58 AM
Apr 2018
Despite being a semi-hentai anime, the fight against Kureha and Hawkeye literally have way better animation quality than those highend fighting anime.

Those animators must be very talented.

Haters of this anime are just sore haters. I hope those review bombs giving it a 1/10 should be removed as well. There's no way you can give it a 1~3 ratings if you're a fair reviewer.
Apr 1, 2021 3:03 AM
Aug 2020
OK, try to think of it this way:

The way I see Redo is one of satire & parody taken to a WHOLE new different level.
What do I mean? I'll get to that in a minute.

I mean just think about it, usually when we see something new or OG & follow it then keep seeing more of it we want the same thing all over again & again & again. Then when something new of that thing we follow gets introduced, like let's say a channel that's full of Let's Plays suddenly turns a new leaf & does reaction videos or makes vlogs, it either loses followers or gains more followers. Same thing with us "veteran" weebs & our taste in our medium of anime.

Usually when it comes to a revenge plot we tend to think & expect the usual, "Oh the MC who had been treated injustice is out for vengeance in the most bland or juicy way I can think of." So we follow him anticipating the evitable which is him getting revenge. Usually done thru acts of murder, prosecution, or wholesome comeuppance.

Now, just take that aspect I just talked about regarding new OG ideas & introduce it to anime & especially revenge stories or Dark fantasy genre series. Whaddya get?

Redo of a Hentaiman—I mean— Healer.

The idea, imo (inmyopinon), is JUST that he wants to get his revenge, but that, imo, the MC overplays the whole revenge plot that we've seen multiple times into a whole different level. And what other way to overplay revenge other than rape, pork, bang, AND murder??

Look, I know it may seems like I'm advocating for "rape rights" or sodomy, but HEY, LOOK, LISTEN—I'M NOT. It's way more meta or higher than that.

I mean, just think of every other Western movie or blockbuster or series out there: 300, 300 Rise of an Empire, Game of Thrones, Possessor, or even John friggin Wick. What do these media have in common? Rape, murder, & sex... That's right!

And don't u ever get tired of seeing the same explicit content over & over & over again & just think to urself, "When can I ever get just a decent blockbuster or action show or film where there are like ZERO sexually explicit activities?? Or if there are, just HINTS of them like what Shield Hero does??"

Which is EXACTLY why I think Redo of a Healer is a friggin "masterpiece" in the very LEAST of the word...It overplays its explicit senses SO MUCH that the average weeb or human being with a lick of COMMON SENSE left in him in this putrid, libertine, immoral & wonderful world will WANT NO MORE of it & as sure as rain AVOID the show or the trope altogether!

And for those like me who are "cultured" (and with great regret I have to admit that I kinda hate/like being under the banner of "cultured" cuz obviously its true meaning is lost to us now) and actually WATCH Redo, it'll make us either of 2 things:

Get even hornier & continue spiraling downwards into a cesspit of NEVERENDING lust.

or

Question our life choices, put down our phones, stare up at the sealing for at least 30 mins doing so, & resolve to change & be better than the MC in the story & be a better person since we've seen a "pinch" of hell.

You see, what makes me think Redo of a Healer is a magnum opus of satire & parody is that it seems to merge the still unique-but-slowly-becoming-cliché story type of revenge with the perverted-yet-"relatable" ability of h3nt41.

Like Shield Hero, it explores the avenue of the revenge story like no other anime or show else would. Sort of like Berserk & Guts' saga of the injustice of his world as well but just with a more "fun" twist in that Redo is a bit less serious cuz it gives the expected 🍑-time to the viewers/readers & we can @ least see the MC have some "relaxation" albeit in a VEEEERY perverted way...

And that my degenerate bruvas & sistahs is WHY Redo of a Healer is a fricking masterpiece of a show & series. And I have 80% confidence that this was the intention of the author in making this story & why one dude actually made the decision to give the Go Sign & adapt this monstrosity of anime girl moanings into a TV Anime.

And if not then I'm just probably too heated up, overthinking myself,just straight-up mad, or me was just horni lmeo.

Thanks for reading this far, here's a medal for your troubles 🥇
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

162 by _itskyotaro »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 20, 2021

726 by Doodlebobber11 »»
11 hours ago

» Just read Berserk. It's 100% better.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

3 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2021

253 by NaughtySempai »»
May 4, 1:45 AM

» why people prefer manga over Light/Web novel as a source ?

NaughtySempai - May 3

4 by NaughtySempai »»
May 3, 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.