Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2019 4:39 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The father had to appear right when she was about to tell him her feelings, damn!
Mar 15, 2019 6:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great episode!
But why make one more episode just to end it on such a cliffhanger?

Lol, that aside, I’m glad we got a 4th Episode of this! Miyamura’s best friend’s voice is just how I imagined it’d be and it was definitely fitting, I’m not too sure about the father in the end there though. But it’s probably the first and last we’ll see of the father anyway, so whatever. I remember really enjoying reading through this bit of the manga and the anime adaption perfectly managed to depict that, if not make it better. Misunderstandings, regarding Chika-chan lol, can be an essential push for many and it was good to see this was one of those cases not overdone but just about right.

Hoping we get more of this or just a proper cour or two anime adaption of the renewed manga in the near future!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 15, 2019 9:25 AM
Oct 2015
Hoping that cliffhanger's hinting at them making a full adaption. If not then idk why they'd end it there...
Mar 15, 2019 9:48 AM

Jan 2015
This brought me back!

I wonder how the manga is doing if it's still running that is.

I really thought they were gonna end with both saying their first names to each other.
But it cut off in a weird place :/
Mar 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Dec 2017
ah, that cliffhanger. welp, at least it was a good note they ended on. now it's time to read Horimiya, i guess
Mar 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Jun 2017
this looks way too run-on
Mar 21, 2019 9:06 AM
Mar 2019
I just watch this anime till the end. But in episode 4 I'm not really understand the ending. That man really Hori father? And so Hori and Miyamura really be a couple without express their feelings? Or maybe I should read manga just for understand THE REAL situation at the ending? Because maybe anime & manga have different ending. Just maybe ok, because i not read Horimiya manga.. :)
Thanks for someone who can answer my question.
Peter1992Mar 21, 2019 9:10 AM
Mar 25, 2019 8:58 AM

May 2012
This episode took way too long to appear, glad I finally watched it though. Sure was nice to see and experience this setting again. Quite a nice episode yet very silly episode in general. That ending though :'D
Apr 5, 2019 11:37 AM

Dec 2014
well ..hmm that was fun to watch...was intercepted by father though
Apr 23, 2019 8:27 PM
Sep 2009
Peter1992 said:
I just watch this anime till the end. But in episode 4 I'm not really understand the ending. That man really Hori father? And so Hori and Miyamura really be a couple without express their feelings? Or maybe I should read manga just for understand THE REAL situation at the ending? Because maybe anime & manga have different ending. Just maybe ok, because i not read Horimiya manga.. :)

The anime is just an OVA so it's not meant to be conclusive. As for the manga, the anime stops fairly early on in the story and I highly recommend you read it if you like the story. The manga is also still ongoing.
Apr 23, 2019 9:05 PM
Mar 2019
misa98765 said:
Peter1992 said:

The anime is just an OVA so it's not meant to be conclusive. As for the manga, the anime stops fairly early on in the story and I highly recommend you read it if you like the story. The manga is also still ongoing.
misa98765 said:
Peter1992 said:

Ok thanks. I will start read this manga...
May 1, 2019 4:05 PM
Aug 2012
It was airing since 2012, can't believe that it was the last episode ) Welcome back papa! They are gonna be okay I hope and go out behind the episodes)
Jun 26, 2019 6:28 AM

Apr 2016
Ten more years and we get the full thing.
Jul 10, 2019 2:21 AM
Oct 2017
I hate this fucking thing, why not produce and 12 episode full anime! Only 1 season i only ask for one season , i cannot wait to episode 5 for a confession, seriously i cant wait 3 years, if a studio take the chance an make an andaptation of the manga i swear the anime will have now 2 seasons.
Aug 24, 2019 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
These OVAs were a huge disservice to the manga in my opinion. The major hook of the manga for me was how real the characters were. Lots of other romances, both manga and anime original, always have the girl as this idiotic, shallow creature that only exists to be the target of affection for the main character. It's like they are one half of the Bechdel test. If not that far, there is always a very distinct line that they are a female character. Horimiya's character's took me by complete surprise. All of the characters feel important and real. They all have their own lives, their own characteristics, and their own charms. If you were to only read the lines without seeing who spoke them you would not be able to immediately discern which characters were male and female.

These OVAs tossed the meaningful character developments aside and focused too much on the romance between the two main characters. The body language in the manga was also removed to a large extent in the OVAs, due in part mostly to the extreme change in art style.

I'd love to see a Horimiya adaptation proper, but I don't feel it would lend itself well to an animated form. It suffers the same issue that Slime did. It's extraordinarily slow to start since they actually take time to create a world, so it's just too slow for people who don't care about world-building and just want to see the action.
Aug 25, 2019 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed it. A shame its not conclusive. I was hoping that Hori would Miyamura her feelings and they would become a couple.
Sep 28, 2019 7:52 PM
Nov 2014
It's still baffiling to me that Horimiya still doesn't have an anime adaptation.
Nov 19, 2019 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
They need to make a full anime adaptation, in the new art style and everything!! I need it all!
Dec 6, 2019 2:12 AM

Jan 2017
im confused here... last time i watched there was only three episode.. wtf is going on? people say this anime is fan made(?)

will there be more episodes in the future? is this not done airing?
Dec 8, 2019 6:29 AM
Jun 2019
It is pretty underated anime...it's too sad there is only 4episodes
Apr 18, 2020 9:42 AM

Apr 2020
Cliffhanger Adaptation and Frozen Manga. :3
But i guess 4 episode is good for that kind of animation ;v
it was good dough :)
Anime List
Manga List
Forum Post
Favorites
Nov 8, 2020 4:01 PM
Nov 2020
This anime is really great, the art style, the focus of characters, the hotness and nerdyness of miyamura, but i really wish they ended the anime adaptation properly.
Nov 20, 2020 11:16 PM

Dec 2010
Now so excited for the 2021 Horimiya
Dec 21, 2020 7:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Jealousy, misunderstandings, but also very care to each others. Miyamura-kun other side surprisingly very scary, its even getting scarier. While Hori-san, in fact, maturely became a moe. Thats what happened within them at these last episode. Such a tease. Its really ended well openly. Even they still had a time to introduced another character like, the hell? Thats it. Its abrupt, but surprisingly very entertaining. Guess i just need to be more patience, because the next year might be so hype with a lot of great show spreaded across the seasons, together with this little wholesomeness.
Overall scores surely just focused on these sole 4 OVA subjectively with a bit of my personal opinion without any additional scores to increase the actual scores. So, no hate for me at all.
Story: 6
Art and animation: 6
Sounds: 7
Characters: 9
Enjoyment: 7
Overall: 7/10
I hope the tv series fill the too many holes that happened here. Or guess, i just need to read the source materials to get the proper stories. Okay. Thats it from me!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 8, 2022 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
The two getting closer w. her sickness and a guy from junior high appearing. Father is fond of Miyamura.

ED: "Himawari (向日葵)" by Izumi Miyamura (Yoshitsugu Matsuoka)
tsubasaloverJan 8, 2022 9:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 14, 2023 2:17 PM
Mar 2023
It's touching to see how Miyamura takes care of Hori when she's sick. He truly cares about her and is willing to be by her side through difficult times.
Miyamura's confession while Hori is asleep was such an emotional moment. I hope Hori will listen and clear up the misunderstandings!
Sep 6, 2023 1:12 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Even in this artstyle her father looks more menacing than the remake lmao.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Episode 6 Discussion

GR7366 - Jul 7, 2021

15 by israel-silva »»
Jun 10, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 21, 2012

48 by xdbugs »»
Oct 18, 2023 4:46 PM

Poll: » Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Episode 5 Discussion

GR7366 - Jul 7, 2021

16 by Eoussama »»
Sep 6, 2023 1:20 AM

Poll: » Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Episode 3 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 3, 2015

48 by Eoussama »»
Sep 6, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hori-san to Miyamura-kun Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 18, 2014

35 by Eoussama »»
Sep 6, 2023 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.