Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 31, 2016 10:57 PM
Oct 2010
I've watched episode 1 and even by Macross standards it was a bit weird. I felt like I was on some kind of drugs while watching this, I just kept thinking "what in the world??".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2016 1:31 AM
Jan 2013
Up to episode 9, dissapoiting. i'm droppin it...
Jun 1, 2016 7:34 AM
Apr 2016
I like it. First time in a show they actually explored the following results from humans gold age of colonization and migration, with a dose of superiority delusion(in the bad guys) mixed in. I liked the original Macross explored the issue that arised after the "happy ending" where human and zentraedi lived together, so my opinion is of course quite much based on personal preference.
Jun 1, 2016 9:45 AM
Oct 2010
Alrite thanks for the replies, I reached up to episode 4 and I'm kinda enjoying it.
Jun 1, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
I'm enjoying it so far (up to ep 9) but I feel like it hasn't reach its potential yet and hoping it's getting there.
Jun 4, 2016 10:02 PM

Mar 2009
I don't like it anywhere near as much as Macross Frontier but I feel like it's ok. It's completely devoid of some of the heart wrenching scenes such as those in Frontier and other Macross series. It doesn't really pull at my heart strings so to speak. It also doesn't do much to refer to the other series. It feels like Macross is going in a new direction.
Jun 7, 2016 8:11 AM

Apr 2010
Having a problem with the military response. It makes no sense.

You have a very small group of enemies clustered in a small area (palace) who has the ability to basically utilise a biological weapon that can neutralise your own forces and you just let them sit there while fighting defensively and failing at it (from the number of planets conquered)?

These aren't terrorists with no fixed base. They have one and its very obvious. They have caused the death of easily thousands by simply forcing a single zentradi in a missile regult to go berserk. Each time they attack, probably what tens of military personnel go bersek? Tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands die per attack? Not to mention collapsing buildings, destroyed infrasturcture, broken industry.

And still NUNs is willing to sit there and do nothing? Makes zero sense. Contract the macross quarter for one mission to fire its cannon and boom, end of palace, end of prince singing, end of aerial knights (when they end up fighting fifty to one)
Jun 7, 2016 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
Zaku_Fan said:

You have a very small group of enemies clustered in a small area (palace) who has the ability to basically utilise a biological weapon that can neutralise your own forces and you just let them sit there while fighting defensively and failing at it (from the number of planets conquered)?

These aren't terrorists with no fixed base. They have one and its very obvious. They have caused the death of easily thousands by simply forcing a single zentradi in a missile regult to go berserk. Each time they attack, probably what tens of military personnel go bersek? Tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands die per attack? Not to mention collapsing buildings, destroyed infrasturcture, broken industry.

And still NUNs is willing to sit there and do nothing? Makes zero sense. Contract the macross quarter for one mission to fire its cannon and boom, end of palace, end of prince singing, end of aerial knights (when they end up fighting fifty to one)

The answer is easy - bureaucracy.

Its same as in our world - USA has enough armaments to wipe half the middle east off the map clean. But they don't.

Sometimes prolonged conflict makes sense when compared to cost of instant solution. We are not fighting space vampires or zerg now. The enemy is pretty much a terrorist cell in this.

I am sure if they were to annoy enough, NUNs would wipe them off the map - but so far the size of the target simply does not merit the costs and effort to do that
Jun 7, 2016 10:02 AM
Apr 2016
Zaku_Fan said:

Not going to talk about numbers or anything since there are no solid info and every estimate is entirely made up.

NUN just isnt any normal nation, each system, each fleet etc is very independant, all just loosely connected, usually self-rule whatever patch of space they are in.
A cluster of star not even in the proper milkey way isnt exactly a big issue when you have the whole galaxy to deal with.

What NUN have done is basically contract Chaos PMC in the area to deal with it, since other planetary forces, not actual NUN forces, can't. Y'know, in the same way you suggest contract Quarter to do it(and somehow clear the fold fault around Windamere).

Remember how they did when dealing with Vajra, it was only Frontier diong the fighting until very late into the game.
Jun 7, 2016 8:08 PM

Apr 2010
Fai said:

Its same as in our world - USA has enough armaments to wipe half the middle east off the map clean. But they don't.

Sometimes prolonged conflict makes sense when compared to cost of instant solution. We are not fighting space vampires or zerg now. The enemy is pretty much a terrorist cell in this.

I am sure if they were to annoy enough, NUNs would wipe them off the map - but so far the size of the target simply does not merit the costs and effort to do that

Wrong, comparison to the current earth will fail all the time simply because if the usa tries to wipe out the middle east, the usa will be risking being wiped out themselves from retaliation from countries with vested interests. Nukes aren't owned by one nation alone and ICBMs don't just belong to one country.

Terrorists are hard to wipe out simply because they cannot be found. The aerial knghts have a obvious base of operations. If you are comparing to ISIS, do note that they are also always on the move. The leaders don't sit in one location waiting for a bunker buster.
Zaku_FanJun 7, 2016 8:15 PM
Jun 7, 2016 8:14 PM

Apr 2010
Aventine said:

Not going to talk about numbers or anything since there are no solid info and every estimate is entirely made up.

NUN just isnt any normal nation, each system, each fleet etc is very independant, all just loosely connected, usually self-rule whatever patch of space they are in.
A cluster of star not even in the proper milkey way isnt exactly a big issue when you have the whole galaxy to deal with.

What NUN have done is basically contract Chaos PMC in the area to deal with it, since other planetary forces, not actual NUN forces, can't. Y'know, in the same way you suggest contract Quarter to do it(and somehow clear the fold fault around Windamere).

Remember how they did when dealing with Vajra, it was only Frontier diong the fighting until very late into the game.

Which is why that is sinply stupid. Chaos does not seem to have the capacity to do much other than defensive operations. The macross battleship isn't moving unless its a direct emergency, so awarding a contract to do this to a under equipped force is dumb. Like i said, one cannon shot at the palace, dead prince, end of singing, then you have numerical superiority

The Vajra did not show their leadership until the end of the series plus frontier was still in space with unsettled civilians. If the frontier civilian ships were already on a planet and copleted settling down plus they alreadly knew where the vajra main HQ was at, then if they let the vajra run wild, they would be just as stupid as delta's military.
Jun 7, 2016 8:41 PM
Apr 2016
Zaku_Fan said:
Aventine said:

Which is why that is sinply stupid. Chaos does not seem to have the capacity to do much other than defensive operations. The macross battleship isn't moving unless its a direct emergency, so awarding a contract to do this to a under equipped force is dumb. Like i said, one cannon shot at the palace, dead prince, end of singing, then you have numerical superiority

The Vajra did not show their leadership until the end of the series plus frontier was still in space with unsettled civilians. If the frontier civilian ships were already on a planet and copleted settling down plus they alreadly knew where the vajra main HQ was at, then if they let the vajra run wild, they would be just as stupid as delta's military.

Stupid, underequipped and dumb as you say they might be, you can have a as large fleet as you want and still wont do shit unless it can go through the fold fault like in Ourobos isolating Windamere. Elysion would do jack shit out there. Chaos, reveal in mangas Macross E, have other forces. Scale is currently unknown as the Manga and the serie is still ongoing.
Remember how big SMS was in ep10? One quarter and thats it, the rest didnt showed up yet. Heck did other SMS force ever even appeared on the show?

Speaking of Vajra, hell even when they launched the final attack the NUN was missing and only joined up later on, in TV serie other NUN forces or SMS forces hadnt even showed up
Jun 7, 2016 9:05 PM

Apr 2010
Aventine said:

Stupid, underequipped and dumb as you say they might be, you can have a as large fleet as you want and still wont do shit unless it can go through the fold fault like in Ourobos isolating Windamere. Elysion would do jack shit out there. Chaos, reveal in mangas Macross E, have other forces. Scale is currently unknown as the Manga and the serie is still ongoing.
Remember how big SMS was in ep10? One quarter and thats it, the rest didnt showed up yet. Heck did other SMS force ever even appeared on the show?

You mean the fold fault that fold quartz bypasses? But Chaos doesn't have fold quartz you say? All the more reason to award the contract to someone who can actually DO the job. But Chaos could have huge Nupetiet-Vergnitz class battleships you say? Sure, if they have it and do nothing, that's just a failure to complete the contract and another round of tender requests should be done.

Aventine said:

Speaking of Vajra, hell even when they launched the final attack the NUN was missing and only joined up later on, in TV serie other NUN forces or SMS forces hadnt even showed up

Do note that i already stated that NUNs should contract quarter. Think why i said that. Answer: Because i ALREADY know NUNs isn't going to show up themselves
Zaku_FanJun 7, 2016 9:08 PM
Jun 7, 2016 11:19 PM
Jun 2014
its not the same level with macross f

its good so far..and great for me who likes idol stuff lol
Jun 8, 2016 12:30 AM

Jul 2007
Zaku_Fan said:
Fai said:

Wrong, comparison to the current earth will fail all the time simply because if the usa tries to wipe out the middle east, the usa will be risking being wiped out themselves from retaliation from countries with vested interests. Nukes aren't owned by one nation alone and ICBMs don't just belong to one country.

Terrorists are hard to wipe out simply because they cannot be found. The aerial knghts have a obvious base of operations. If you are comparing to ISIS, do note that they are also always on the move. The leaders don't sit in one location waiting for a bunker buster.

ANd in case of NUNs, doing it that way would probably cause internal strugle and cause additional problems. As Aventine said, NUNs is not exactly a normal "country".

As for real world - it not just about retaliation - doing it is simply too costly both in terms of diplomacy and in terms of resources spent. Which holds true here too - contracting a pmc to achieve same result even if slower makes sense upon data that was available. And it takes less effort and less stirring the pot than moving some fleet half the galaxy away and having them drop everything they got on the planet.

What Frontier and Delta is showing us is that NUNs has grown big and bureaucratic enough to make those swift responses a lot harder to achieve.
Jun 8, 2016 2:44 AM
Apr 2016
Zaku_Fan said:
Aventine said:

You mean the fold fault that fold quartz bypasses? But Chaos doesn't have fold quartz you say? All the more reason to award the contract to someone who can actually DO the job. But Chaos could have huge Nupetiet-Vergnitz class battleships you say? Sure, if they have it and do nothing, that's just a failure to complete the contract and another round of tender requests should be done.

For all the failures of Elysion and reason to contract others, Quartz helps high-speed galactic communication, and sometimes songs apperently, not travelling through fault. Pretty sure the vf31, like yf29 and yf30 have Quartz judging from those pink/purple stuff on the nose. The scale of Chaos is currently unknown and having big ships isnt really helping. Hell maybe more of them would show up later in some movie, maybe not. They will definitly not having a big fleet now and steal the spotlight.
Jun 8, 2016 2:57 AM
Apr 2016
Fai said:
Zaku_Fan said:

ANd in case of NUNs, doing it that way would probably cause internal strugle and cause additional problems. As Aventine said, NUNs is not exactly a normal "country".

As for real world - it not just about retaliation - doing it is simply too costly both in terms of diplomacy and in terms of resources spent. Which holds true here too - contracting a pmc to achieve same result even if slower makes sense upon data that was available. And it takes less effort and less stirring the pot than moving some fleet half the galaxy away and having them drop everything they got on the planet.

What Frontier and Delta is showing us is that NUNs has grown big and bureaucratic enough to make those swift responses a lot harder to achieve.

Actually NUN should be smaller and LESS bureaucratic(but still galactic-sized), making it easier to manage. After they reformed NUN stopped exert too much control and being assholes to colonies, leaving colony defense to local forces, giving them the freedom they wanted. The NUN forces that isnt just local militias have retreated to protect more strategic zones, and have ships do patrol around instead.
Jun 8, 2016 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
10 episodes in, and I am rather enjoying it.
Jun 8, 2016 4:28 AM

Jul 2007
Aventine said:

Actually NUN should be smaller and LESS bureaucratic(but still galactic-sized), making it easier to manage. After they reformed NUN stopped exert too much control and being assholes to colonies, leaving colony defense to local forces, giving them the freedom they wanted. The NUN forces that isnt just local militias have retreated to protect more strategic zones, and have ships do patrol around instead.

NUN continually grows and evolves.
And lowering the totalitarianism exactly means heightening bureaucracy.
And that makes extremely more hard to coordinate such a response.

Grand strategy games are best example - the bigger your country is and the more land you have, the less it is worth to send your entire army to defend a small territory(rather than using what you have there already).
Jun 8, 2016 5:53 AM

May 2012
I'm not fan of Macross, but I say that Macross Δ is much more entertaining than Macross F
Jun 8, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2016
Just watched the newest episode 10. I feel pretty meh about the series. Being a long time macross fan, I can feel this is going to be mediocre like Frontier. I don't think they got the characters right and they almost all feel what the recent anime industry is going for. Hayate, the main, being carefree and being a noob who wanna be an ace but not there yet. The "genki" type Freyja who wanna be cute, innocent and sing. (She's less annoying than Mylene in M7 or Ranka in MF though. Good lord!) Mirage is just there, doesn't add much much, just to form the damn triangle. *facepalm*

I don't know why but the scale of the battles feel way too small compared to what we're used to in the original, M7, MP, MZ and MF. Seems like a 5vs5 battle.

The songs are very average. Just what you expect from the idol culture. I think the group is doing fine but the one who's singing for Mikumo is just the less talented in the group. She's going with Eir Aoi's vibe but her voice always bring down the song rather than adding a striking punch to the song like intended. It seems like she can't raise the tone of her voice. It's just bad when you consider she's one of the main vocals and that might hurt the sales.

I think the voice actress of Frejya, who's singing too, does a really good job. She articulate well and can distinctly vary her voice in songs. The dialect she speaks gives her an advantages for both the character and her singing ability. She does sound cute but please don't abuse it like the industry does so often.

I think the main critic is the 1-6 episodes. They were just generic. They are ok by anime standard and the new fans.(Those who started with MF) but when you face the veterans (Those who watch the first and so on.), it's disappointing and kinda heartbreaking seeing that it does not really live up to the hype of a new Macross.

They fixed the series a little bit by now but god have mercy on us to not drop a MF on us again. The Ranka and Sheryl whoring on the main was just terrible to watch.
Jun 9, 2016 2:59 AM

Nov 2014
Certainly not at Macross Frontier level and I personally dislike the music but I can't now say it isn't Macross.

The .89 episode had my jaw dropping in shock at what I considered a degeneration of the Macross franchise to a horrible girly factory fabricated J Pop shallow facade of the former series sinking even to Reconguista levels but I guess I was somewhat incorrect in my initial judgement of the show.

Positives are seeing an expanded Macross universe along with a greater role for protoculture, less of a fear that humanity is teetering on the edge of annihilation (I think that story was told) and a progress in the technology.
Jun 10, 2016 6:39 PM
Jun 2014
YK97 said:
Just watched the newest episode 10. I feel pretty meh about the series. Being a long time macross fan, I can feel this is going to be mediocre like Frontier. I don't think they got the characters right and they almost all feel what the recent anime industry is going for. Hayate, the main, being carefree and being a noob who wanna be an ace but not there yet. The "genki" type Freyja who wanna be cute, innocent and sing. (She's less annoying than Mylene in M7 or Ranka in MF though. Good lord!) Mirage is just there, doesn't add much much, just to form the damn triangle. *facepalm*

I don't know why but the scale of the battles feel way too small compared to what we're used to in the original, M7, MP, MZ and MF. Seems like a 5vs5 battle.

The songs are very average. Just what you expect from the idol culture. I think the group is doing fine but the one who's singing for Mikumo is just the less talented in the group. She's going with Eir Aoi's vibe but her voice always bring down the song rather than adding a striking punch to the song like intended. It seems like she can't raise the tone of her voice. It's just bad when you consider she's one of the main vocals and that might hurt the sales.

I think the voice actress of Frejya, who's singing too, does a really good job. She articulate well and can distinctly vary her voice in songs. The dialect she speaks gives her an advantages for both the character and her singing ability. She does sound cute but please don't abuse it like the industry does so often.

I think the main critic is the 1-6 episodes. They were just generic. They are ok by anime standard and the new fans.(Those who started with MF) but when you face the veterans (Those who watch the first and so on.), it's disappointing and kinda heartbreaking seeing that it does not really live up to the hype of a new Macross.

They fixed the series a little bit by now but god have mercy on us to not drop a MF on us again. The Ranka and Sheryl whoring on the main was just terrible to watch.
Choostopher said:
Certainly not at Macross Frontier level and I personally dislike the music but I can't now say it isn't Macross.

The .89 episode had my jaw dropping in shock at what I considered a degeneration of the Macross franchise to a horrible girly factory fabricated J Pop shallow facade of the former series sinking even to Reconguista levels but I guess I was somewhat incorrect in my initial judgement of the show.

Positives are seeing an expanded Macross universe along with a greater role for protoculture, less of a fear that humanity is teetering on the edge of annihilation (I think that story was told) and a progress in the technology.

http://myanimelist.net/people/40792/JUNNA
Fun fact mikumo singer is 15 years old
Jun 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Mar 2016
alva13 said:
YK97 said:

Choostopher said:

http://myanimelist.net/people/40792/JUNNA
Fun fact mikumo singer is 15 years old

Fun fact: I knew that. Haha.

Why do you bring this up? Is it the fact that she's underage and shouldn't be here?

My point is "We're not in a damn karaoke, girl, bring your A game up if you wanna survive our harsh critics."

I wanna see her do well despite of her age. I'm not negative.
Jun 11, 2016 3:14 AM
Oct 2010
I'm surprised at the Frontier hate, I thought it was good.. had really nice fights and the characters were fine for the most part (I agree on Ranka/Sheryl being a bit much in terms of their feelings for alto).
Jun 11, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2014
I thought it was ok overall
Jun 11, 2016 5:02 PM

Jan 2008
Love it. Songs are OK, with some exceptions that are f-ing great. The characters are what makes this show great though. Hayate is a good male lead, and Freja is absolutely adorable.
Jun 11, 2016 9:32 PM
Mar 2012
up to ep8
I expected more love triangle but this is ok. Not much Mirage development yet.
Some episodes feel flat, but most are quite fun, good pacing & focus on character development, fights get bit messy but epic.
@DmonHiro, agreed Hayate has goals, grows & never angsty for long. Like the fun relationship he has with the team.
Freyja & Mikumo make most of the show, by songs & strong characters.
Antagonists get a lot of backstory/screentime, so they don't feel like simple villains.
More Protoculture references if you fancy. They do explain things in show so no need to finish older series. (but macross 0 still worth a watch)
gophercgJun 11, 2016 9:37 PM
Jun 12, 2016 8:53 PM

Jul 2012
I don't normal freak out over anything but Delta has captured my heart for reasons I'm not really sure of. From a personal standpoint I actually don't like any of the character designs--I can accept that they're well done, and they look good but they don't appeal to me personally. Which then confuses me to no end because I'm obsessed with Freyja and Makina. So whatever it's doing...it's doing something right.

Also the music, while I'm not sure how it will compete with F in the long run, I think the soundtrack has captured my interest /faster/ than F did.
Jun 14, 2016 4:10 AM

Jun 2015
i have never watched any of the previous Macross, this is my first one (because i dont like mecha much)
however....i have been enjoying it, this strange combination of action and music idol has been fun to watch so far
anyway, im wondering, is the previous Macross F like this ? with music and mecha? it seems to be highly rated
Jun 14, 2016 4:45 AM

Jun 2016
Liked it, i really hated the 3D animations though. it would've been way better without it, not sure why alot of japanese anime loves to have them, it just makes the whole thing horrible.

Madcross frontier is better if you were to compare it to the prequel. the concepts of singing to cure the world bizarre me

Edit@ one thing to note is that this series is targeted at males where as the prequel was more friendly to females
Desu_DesJun 14, 2016 4:51 AM
Jun 14, 2016 5:21 AM

Feb 2012
Okami_doge said:
i have never watched any of the previous Macross, this is my first one (because i dont like mecha much)
however....i have been enjoying it, this strange combination of action and music idol has been fun to watch so far
anyway, im wondering, is the previous Macross F like this ? with music and mecha? it seems to be highly rated

Yep, Macross staples are always: variable fighters, space, idol singers, love triangle.
Plus some more specific formulas for character outcomes, but those would be a bit spoilery for someone who hasn't watched any previous Macross.

As for how I feel about Delta, I like it as much so far as I like Frontier, and I like Frontier... a LOT. Delta is quite different in how they do things (esp. the role of the singers), but it's just as much fun as Frontier.
Jun 14, 2016 8:40 AM
Apr 2016
Okami_doge said:

The only one where singing doesnt involve supernatural power(explained or not) is the first one... The idol thing seem to be a love-or-hate thing that get many riled up.

Delta, as Kawamori said in interview, try to borrow dogfighting(instead of Frontier robo-fight I guess) from Macross Plus and power of music from Macross 7, blending two very different show together.
AventineJun 14, 2016 8:44 AM
Jun 15, 2016 12:57 PM

Mar 2016
GD1551 said:
I'm surprised at the Frontier hate, I thought it was good.. had really nice fights and the characters were fine for the most part (I agree on Ranka/Sheryl being a bit much in terms of their feelings for alto).

The mechs and fights was ok but how the love triangle develop turn into a mess is another story on it's own.
Jun 17, 2016 11:53 PM

Aug 2008
Quite enjoyable so far. Will continue watching it.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 18, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2007
Aventine said:
Okami_doge said:

The only one where singing doesnt involve supernatural power(explained or not) is the first one... The idol thing seem to be a love-or-hate thing that get many riled up.

Lolwrong. Literally no idea how someone would think that after finishing SDF. IT was the original "Songs are the power" Macross, upping the idea of singing to a mythical level of making whole alien races go through adolescence. And then M7 did it literally
Jun 18, 2016 3:03 AM
Apr 2016
Fai said:
Aventine said:

Lolwrong. Literally no idea how someone would think that after finishing SDF. IT was the original "Songs are the power" Macross, upping the idea of singing to a mythical level of making whole alien races go through adolescence. And then M7 did it literally

The original was about the culture, love and song playing it very big part of it, sure the power of song is there since SDF Macross but it was tame and more conventional compare to later shows.
Jun 21, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
Aventine said:

Actually it's you who is wrong, the original "Songs are the power" Macross wasn't explained by any "supernatural power" but by the cultural shock caused to the humanoids who never experienced any cultural phenomenons, such as songs or kisses. Or was shock caused by the sight of the kiss also explained by its "supernatural power"? Think about this and maybe then you will get an idea

Zaku_Fan said:

In episode 12 they do exactly what you suggested
Jun 21, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2007
Serhiyko said:

Actually it's you who is wrong, the original "Songs are the power" Macross wasn't explained by any "supernatural power" but by the cultural shock caused to the humanoids who never experienced any cultural phenomenons, such as songs or kisses. Or was shock caused by the sight of the kiss also explained by its "supernatural power"? Think about this and maybe then you will get an idea

Its still power of music. Minmay has a very profound mystical effect upon them that can be barely explained by "oh its because its art". While it is not put into words, the music has a very tangible and definite power there.

And retroactively Minmay is no different from the likes of Sheryl or the idols in Delta.
Jun 21, 2016 12:12 PM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
Its still power of music.

Again, it wasn't "power of music" per se, it was power of culture, and music was one of its most outstanding representatives. But any form of culture could have had effect, like that kiss scene, for instance. The kiss didn't have its effect because of the "power of music", so your argument fails

Fai said:
Minmay has a very profound mystical effect upon them that can be barely explained by "oh its because its art". While it is not put into words, the music has a very tangible and definite power there.

Everything you just wrote are either your judgements or sophisms, but we are not talking about personal interpretations here but facts, and the fact is that it is explained just like that

Fai said:
And retroactively Minmay is no different from the likes of Sheryl or the idols in Delta.

And retroactively, Minmay did not have Fold Quartz earrings or special fold abilities
Jun 21, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2016
@Fai The original Macross was about uncultured and stuck up militaristic alien race meet culture. There was none of the magical bullshit.

You could explain M7 song power by saying that rock and roll excite people (adrenaline) while the protodevilin could not generate such substance by their own. SO they have to prey.

Right now, Macross delta is playing the "protoculture card". It's not wrong but it's really meh.
Jun 21, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2016
Serhiyko said:
Fai said:

Again, it wasn't "power of music" per se, it was power of culture, and music was one of its most outstanding representatives. But any form of culture could have had effect, like that kiss scene, for instance. The kiss didn't have its effect because of the "power of music", so your argument fails

Fai said:
Minmay has a very profound mystical effect upon them that can be barely explained by "oh its because its art". While it is not put into words, the music has a very tangible and definite power there.

Everything you just wrote are either your judgements or sophisms, but we are not talking about personal interpretations here but facts, and the fact is that it is explained just like that

Fai said:

And retroactively, Minmay did not have Fold Quartz earrings or special fold abilities

I totally agree with your answers, mate. *thumb up*
Jun 21, 2016 2:45 PM

Jul 2007
Serhiyko said:
Fai said:

Fai said:

Fai said:

You can keep being elitist about it and say "baah they changed it", but the music is definitely taken to a mythical level in the original macross. it does not matter if you agree or not that it contains actual power, it is still something that revolutionizes an entire race.

Its not "an opinion" and pretty much everything is interpretation - there are no "facts" in fiction. Thematically the first macross is basically about clash between utilitarianism of 60s-70s and woodstock hippies. Or are you going to just ignore that they literally won via singing? Its no different from what we see here in Delta except the show now has lore terms to define it.

NO shit Minmay was pretty much the first.
Jun 21, 2016 10:26 PM

Oct 2009
Fai said:
You can keep being elitist about it

So now you go personal and call me "elitist".

Fai said:
and say "baah they changed it", but the music is definitely taken to a mythical level in the original macross. it does not matter if you agree or not that it contains actual power, it is still something that revolutionizes an entire race.

Changed what, exactly?
And how is it "definitely taken to a mythical level", when I just told you otherwise? So maybe it's not "definitely"? Yes, it contains actual power, just not "supernatural" kind of power

Fai said:
Its not "an opinion" and pretty much everything is interpretation - there are no "facts" in fiction.

Ironically, these very words prove your "can be barely explained" wrong. It's a fiction, so any official explanation is made up and whether it "can be barely explained" is subjective
And in fiction, there are facts - it's everything stated by the authors, and it is not an interpretation. Denying this is a sophism

Fai said:
Thematically the first macross is basically about clash between utilitarianism of 60s-70s and woodstock hippies. Or are you going to just ignore that they literally won via singing? Its no different from what we see here in Delta except the show now has lore terms to define it.

NO shit Minmay was pretty much the first.

No, I may agree with everything you said. I still don't see how this changes what I said

YK97 said:
You could explain M7 song power by saying that rock and roll excite people (adrenaline) while the protodevilin could not generate such substance by their own. SO they have to prey.

Right now, Macross delta is playing the "protoculture card". It's not wrong but it's really meh.

Well to be fair, M7 and Delta's songs do have powers that can be explained as "supernatural"
SerhiykoJun 21, 2016 10:32 PM
Jun 22, 2016 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
Delta has been kinda like a wave. Some episodes are great while others are all right. The build up to a triangle is slow going on one of the characters but somewhat going great with the other character whom I am rooting for. Story-wise it needs to pick up especially after episode 12 ending like that. I'm hoping for something big but won't mislead myself with such expectations.

Also, this seems kinda strange to say seeing how Mirage's character is but would like to hear her sing at least once since Seto-chan, the seiyuu of Mirage can actually sing like so
not as good as Freyja, Mikumo (JUNNA), and Kaname's seiyuu also as long as English words are kept far away from Seto-chan singing it in the lyrics it's all good.
Jun 22, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
radle said:
Delta has been kinda like a wave. Some episodes are great while others are all right. The build up to a triangle is slow going on one of the characters but somewhat going great with the other character whom I am rooting for. Story-wise it needs to pick up especially after episode 12 ending like that. I'm hoping for something big but won't mislead myself with such expectations.

Also, this seems kinda strange to say seeing how Mirage's character is but would like to hear her sing at least once since Seto-chan, the seiyuu of Mirage can actually sing like so
not as good as Freyja, Mikumo (JUNNA), and Kaname's seiyuu also as long as English words are kept far away from Seto-chan singing it in the lyrics it's all good.

Seriously not a fan of JUNNA. Her voice is stuck and she can't vary her tone.
Jun 22, 2016 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
Jun 22, 2016 8:22 PM

Apr 2011
daiyousei7 said:
I don't like it anywhere near as much as Macross Frontier but I feel like it's ok. It's completely devoid of some of the heart wrenching scenes such as those in Frontier and other Macross series. It doesn't really pull at my heart strings so to speak. It also doesn't do much to refer to the other series. It feels like Macross is going in a new direction.

Now this I actually agree with. Macross F was fantastic [imo] because while it had plenty of melodrama [just like sdf and plus], most of the time it fit, it made sense and the characters had great responses to it which allowed the audience to bond w/ them.

It feels much more muted in Delta, which is a tad disappointing because with a cast this huge, I think it could use some emotional stuff to stir the characters up a bit and let them evolve.

[also, the music I hated at first but it's gotten a lot lot better. Macross F had insanely good music though, which might be why I'm having a hard time w/ Delta.]

I'm up to date [ep 12], just hoping that we get a real good reason to be invested in the love triangle and that more characters get dynamic, fast.

I'd say that at this point it's decent enough to continue watching.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 22, 2016 9:18 PM

Mar 2009
AngelicTotoro said:
daiyousei7 said:

Now this I actually agree with. Macross F was fantastic [imo] because while it had plenty of melodrama [just like sdf and plus], most of the time it fit, it made sense and the characters had great responses to it which allowed the audience to bond w/ them.

It feels much more muted in Delta, which is a tad disappointing because with a cast this huge, I think it could use some emotional stuff to stir the characters up a bit and let them evolve.

[also, the music I hated at first but it's gotten a lot lot better. Macross F had insanely good music though, which might be why I'm having a hard time w/ Delta.]

I'm up to date [ep 12], just hoping that we get a real good reason to be invested in the love triangle and that more characters get dynamic, fast.

I'd say that at this point it's decent enough to continue watching.

I still listen to Macross F music, that's how good the OST was. Macross Delta has pretty forgettable music.
Jun 23, 2016 12:37 AM
Nov 2012
Eh, this series has been okay, I guess. There's been a heavier focus on the aerial fights, which is alright, but the transforming mechs are one of the funner parts of Macross. The music is hit or miss. I like some of the songs, and others are forgettable, which is kind of a shame, considering how great the songs were in Frontier. The heroes are alright, a good chunk of them are pretty likable (Definitely not Mikumo, she annoys me). The villains are kind of annoying. I get tired of hearing their talks about the wind, or how they have to act now because they have short life spans. Plus, I'm not really a fan of how they use their singing to turn people crazy. It just feels weird.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » About this show's reputation and the endless "Frontier vs Delta" debate

ShadowMonkey - Aug 19, 2020

11 by Lucifrost »»
May 19, 6:14 PM

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.