Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 3, 2009 5:40 AM
Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What did itachi said when he died???!!!!
susano(須佐能乎)~is a japanese fairytail God
MorningGloryDec 3, 2009 5:51 AM
Dec 3, 2009 6:03 AM

Nov 2008
gloryfy said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What did itachi said when he died???!!!!
susano(須佐能乎)~is a japanese fairytail God

I wanna know that too :o, prolly "Forgive me, Sasuke" again, but his speech was too long for that
Dec 3, 2009 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
Awesome episode!!!!!!!! But sad R.I.P Itachi! I too wanna know what he said to Sasuke before he died :|. Next episode Naruto playing with Tobi again lolz.
Dec 3, 2009 7:29 AM

Sep 2008
Well that was...anti-climactic. I expected something more. But not a bad episode.
Only things I am wondering about now is what were those last words, what happened to Orochimaru and why was Itachi as weak as Zetsu said he was.
Dec 3, 2009 7:34 AM

Jul 2008
well the fight is over funny it seemed to go on forever in the manga =p for those of you wondering wat itachi said you'll soon find out

Dec 3, 2009 8:00 AM

Jul 2009
Itachi NOOOOO! I mean I knew it was going to happen but I hate seeing my favorite characters die. Makes me sad :( I know what Itachi said, but its better if the anime tells the story rather than me :) Even though Itachi dying sucks, I still loved the episode, I mean hell, we've been waiting for this showdown for over a decade!

Addicted to anime: I know what you mean, didn't Jiraiya's fight seem way longer in the anime too? Its like now that the story is getting good, they condense it. And when the storyline sucks (in say, a FILLER), they make it go on too long. I outta write Masashi a letter about that..
Dec 3, 2009 8:44 AM

Mar 2009
I absolutley loved that now I'm looking forward to a Sasuke/Naruto BL reunion lol.

Dec 3, 2009 8:46 AM

Feb 2008
Kirin animated was AWESOME!!

To those wondering what Itachi said, you'll find out soon ;)

Dec 3, 2009 9:13 AM
May 2009
and that's the end of itachi, the coolest villain in the series.
sad episode but im glad we at least got to see orochimaru again, acting like an asshole as always. i wonder what will happen to him? itachi sealed him and now he is dead, that little snake at the end was also burned by amaterasu...
Dec 3, 2009 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
I couldn't watch this episode today for some reason... i couldn't see itachi dead once more...yes it was a very sad episode but i loved it and i can't wait for next week.

Dec 3, 2009 10:04 AM
Oct 2009
I love animated fights ... I can hardly understand what goes on in the manga XD
Dec 3, 2009 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
Itachi-sama >.<
Great animation used for this battle - i've been waiting for ages to see this part animated - looking forward to the up coming battles XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
Susano(須佐能乎)~is a Japanese fairytail God
yeh Susano is sea god, brother of Amaterasu sun goddess and Tsukuyomi the god of moon. it is also Susano who slayed Yamata no Orochi the 8-headed snake :) you can find more references to Japanese mythology in Naruto,its sometimes worth to visit wikipedia :P
Dec 3, 2009 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
awesome fight but not nearly as epic as i was hoping. i guess i shouldn't have expected so much since itachi wasn't at 100% anyway
Dec 3, 2009 11:48 AM

Jul 2009
Oh no Itachi died, sucked even though i knew it would happen. Kirin looked pretty cool and so did susano.Itachi's last words show who he really was though you guys will find out later on.
........................................unless you want to know right now then open this
Dec 3, 2009 12:08 PM

Apr 2009
now this is a good episode, without many flashbacks and shit x)
so finally he is dead, btw that last little snake was kinda orochimaru ? :D
its a shame was burned lol..

i want orochimaru BACK -_-
it was nice to hear his voice again <3
Dec 3, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
For me it was really unexpected. I knew Sasuke wanted to kill Itachi, but I did't think it would happen so soon or even happen at all.
Dec 3, 2009 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
Indeed i didnt expect Itachi to die so easily, even though i think i know what Itachi was trying to do all this time. I guess the answers are coming soon!

I have a theory planned and cant wait to see if it is that way! (dont wanna say it though cause it might sploil/ruin someone else`s theories :D
Dec 3, 2009 2:52 PM

Jan 2009
great ep RIP my fav character T_T

Dec 3, 2009 3:01 PM

May 2009
That was awesome
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis" Which means "It's not for me, It's not for you. It's for everyone"
Dec 3, 2009 3:25 PM
Nov 2008
Cried for the second time during the hole series.
Dec 3, 2009 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
The result does not please lol but it was an awesome fight.
Poor orochimaru your last resort is the Kabuto.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2009 5:01 PM

Nov 2009
wasn't the shield of susanoo's, akatsuki's current symbol as well? that was strange ...

Huli-jingDec 3, 2009 5:07 PM
Dec 3, 2009 5:11 PM
Jul 2009
Holy crap!!! This episode was so amazing! So epic! I got to see Kirin and Susano'o, Orochimaru, and Itachi's death.

R.I.P. Itachi. :(
Dec 3, 2009 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
Very good episode.
Dec 3, 2009 6:00 PM

Oct 2009
So i've waited nearly 2 years to see Sasuke fight his brother & they only make it 3 eps?

i'm fucking dissapointed!
Dec 3, 2009 7:29 PM

May 2008
noooo itachi was my second fav, one of the best fights in shippuuden

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 3, 2009 7:32 PM

Jul 2008
awesome, orichimaru got owned by the giant warrior, and somehow sasuke won
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 3, 2009 7:58 PM

Sep 2008
never realy liked this part, come on its so obvious that itachi let sasuke win on purpouse, thats not even funny
well for all of you that want to know next chapter is the real itachi´s story, and it was that story that maked me respect him, that and the thing he did at he end of this battle (not going to say it cause it could ruin your lives non-manga readers)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 3, 2009 8:13 PM

May 2009
Awwwww, it was so goood! I shed a tear for Itachi. I'm so glad they did a good job with this, but I wish they had extended it a couple more episodes.

I'm SO going to watch it again.
AikaHimeDec 3, 2009 8:16 PM
Dec 3, 2009 9:25 PM

Feb 2009
The episode wasn't bad, but I can't help but feel disappointed, Itachi's battles were never too exciting, this one was a little bit more, and well animated, but it was lacking something... I dunno it was all so underwhelming, Susano's was ok, but all it did was cutting off some snakes heads and disappearing into nothingness.

greenmush said:
noooo itachi was my second fav, one of the best fights in shippuuden

absolutely not, in my opinion, one of the most disappointing ones
Dec 3, 2009 10:58 PM

Jun 2009
Itachi said
according to
ZinvyDec 3, 2009 11:05 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 4, 2009 12:11 AM

Mar 2008
That was so awesome...words can't describe my love for this ep. Everything from Sasuke's kirin, to an Orochimaru appearance. And of course Itachi's insane pretty much invincible Susano and how it sealed Oro. This whole fight was excellent in every way...

So sad that Itachi is gone RIP such an evil villain and shit almost unstoppable in power...and I can't wait to see what he said to Sasuke. I find it hard to beleive he died at the point he did tho. He was about to win so somethings gotta be up with that.

BTW Zetsu commentary ftw.

edit: and thanks to everyone in the thread for not spoiling anything! i hate it when i try to read reactions on this site and i get spolized...
BUDDec 4, 2009 12:15 AM
Dec 4, 2009 12:56 AM

May 2009
Was pretty funny to see that white snake try to escape from harm (Guessing was part of Orochimaru) but was owned by amaterasu xD. But yeah the fight was good but was nowhere near the epicness of the Jiraiya vs. Pein fight.
Dec 4, 2009 1:50 AM

Jun 2009
I assume next episode will be a double one with the good bye to Itachi?
Shippuuden has more funerals than Adams Family...
Dec 4, 2009 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
was too short aload of bollocks!
Dec 4, 2009 5:48 AM
Apr 2009
Oh my God, Orochimaru lives!
Oh wait, he dies.
No wait, he lives!
No wait... he died again...
Dec 4, 2009 6:10 AM
Oct 2008
random_monkey said:
Oh my God, Orochimaru lives!
Oh wait, he dies.
No wait, he lives!
No wait... he died again...
Quoted for epicness. But ya when he got burned in the end I couldnt help it a smile crossed my face and hasnt left yet. And just like everyone else I cant wait to find out what itachi said. But I am pretty sure I that I have had his goal down for quite some time now.
Dec 4, 2009 6:29 AM
Jul 2009
i don't understand why Itachi don't use his full power?? he wan't to give his eyes to sasuke??
Dec 4, 2009 7:26 AM

Jun 2009
Very sad that Itachi did die...But Dam what did he say!
Dec 4, 2009 8:13 AM

Oct 2009
By far, my favorite Shippuuden episode (even though one of my favorite characters died). The ending scene with Itachi and Sasuke was classic. I admit, I got watery-eyed T_T
Dec 4, 2009 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
smokes said:
now this is a good episode, without many flashbacks and shit x)
so finally he is dead, btw that last little snake was kinda orochimaru ? :D
its a shame was burned lol..

i want orochimaru BACK -_-
it was nice to hear his voice again <3

well... if you can go back some ways in the series, there's still kabuto gone crazy...
Dec 4, 2009 11:03 AM

Nov 2009
what an awesome epi.

but that kind of death for Itachl is weird I don't belive that he is dead yet :S
my be he is ;p
Dec 4, 2009 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
The best fight of the series!
See Sasuke shaking with fear in front of the Itachi was really cool!
Dec 4, 2009 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
And in the next episode is revealed that it was all a gengutsu and the real fight will start now!!!
Orochimaru appearance was the highlight. And it really is strange how in the anime this fight seemed shorter despite all the flashbacks while Jiray's fight seemed equal in length in the manga. And imagine that in the manga the flashbacks about Pain's story were during the fight with no flashbacks in Sasuke vs Itachi.

Anyway the fight in short was something like this.
Dec 4, 2009 1:24 PM

Sep 2008
What was that again??

Great ep!!

From Sasuke using Kirin till the white snake being burned by Amaterasu!

tho, we need a lot more explanations on this in next eps!
Especially these main questions: What did Itachi say to Sasuke? What is the reason for Itachi not fighting with his full power/being weak in this fight?? Is Orochimaru finally dead again? And is Itachi really dead??! xDD

5/5 ep!

I found it weird when Itachi tapped Sasuke's head and smiled then fell down and after that Sasuke smiled and fell down after him, too O_O!
Can't wait for these mysteries to get solved xP

And yeah, thanks everyone for not spoiling it to us this time. Big thanks! xD
Edit: I forgot to mention that this is the first time I notice in it that Sasuke cried in the OP too o_O!
Maan, I'm too excited to know what's really happening in here!
Kaito__KidDec 4, 2009 1:29 PM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Dec 4, 2009 1:39 PM

Feb 2009
First and formost I have come to recognise this fight was not about fighting at all, this was meant to have a lot of emotion in it. It was more of a triumph of revenge rather than an epic fighting style of episode/chapters. As a result of that, then this "confrontation" was great, hardly any talk but you can really see poignancy in Itachi's eyes, brilliant. Not the best in terms of fighting, but a great conclusion, even better once we know what Itachi said to Sasuke. I hope everybody knows that if Itachi was full like Sasuke was, then he would kick thee's ass! Next episode, looks like the truth is going to come out, 10 episodes of depressed Sasuke!
ArcheteoDec 4, 2009 1:43 PM
Dec 4, 2009 1:45 PM

Feb 2009
Tensai-Kun said:
What was that again??

Great ep!!

From Sasuke using Kirin till the white snake being burned by Amaterasu!

tho, we need a lot more explanations on this in next eps!
Especially these main questions: What did Itachi say to Sasuke? What is the reason for Itachi not fighting with his full power/being weak in this fight?? Is Orochimaru finally dead again? And is Itachi really dead??! xDD

5/5 ep!

I found it weird when Itachi tapped Sasuke's head and smiled then fell down and after that Sasuke smiled and fell down after him, too O_O!
Can't wait for these mysteries to get solved xP

And yeah, thanks everyone for not spoiling it to us this time. Big thanks! xD
Edit: I forgot to mention that this is the first time I notice in it that Sasuke cried in the OP too o_O!
Maan, I'm too excited to know what's really happening in here!

You will soon in the next two episodes find out why Sasuke smiled, and is crying in the opening. There is a brilliant twist, but be sure not to cry yourself lol, of course when all becomes clear in the anime. XD/T_T
Dec 4, 2009 5:40 PM

Jun 2009
From what i saw in crunchyroll there gonna be a double episode next which means lot of explanation and i guess the good bye for Itachi

btw that image was epic! couldnt stop laughing at the
Itachi: "Now i won!Give me your eyes Sasuke!!"
Sasuke:"NOOOO, Im still a VIRGIN 1!!!!!!11
Dec 4, 2009 5:49 PM

Nov 2007
Now that was a fantastic finale imho. RIP Itachi.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 310 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtimesGamer - Apr 25, 2013

59 by Sasutaschi »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 322 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GotenSakurauchi - Jul 25, 2013

229 by Ryosuke20 »»
Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Prime Hashirama vs Prime Might guy-- who will win if they fought each other?

SOL_481 - Jun 8

12 by Early_Morning »»
Yesterday, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 27 Discussion

OriginalName - Aug 30, 2007

40 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkvoltage - Aug 23, 2007

63 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 10, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.