Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 20, 2015 11:46 AM
Dec 2013
Im a die hard fan but personally I think the design is horrible. I hate it. I hate how they kept nothing from the original series, the characters look nothing like in Digimon 01. They are unrecognizable. I hate how Kari and Sora have the same faces, I mean what the hell...how creative. If you dont know how to do it right, then dont do it at all. From what Ive seen, the art style is sooo bad, but Im willing to give it another chance by waiting for the trailer...my hopes are not completely gone
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 20, 2015 4:43 PM

Jun 2014
I don't like the character design either. I was a big fan of the original Digimon Adventure, but I don't think I'll be watching Tri.

Feb 21, 2015 2:44 AM
Jun 2013
As for me, I like it, I really do. And for those complaining about Hikari and Sora having the same face, they already did in the original Adventure serie. Feel free to check if you want to.
Feb 21, 2015 3:21 AM
Apr 2013
Honestly I like the simplicity they show with the art, and it looks more mature than the original one, however, that agumon, though, and also long neck doesn't seem suit very much. Just I'm afraid of the real quality of the animation, as they have yet to publish the PV. Since it's TOEI, the animation was rather poor for some long running anime such like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, etc except movies. I think that they decided to make the art like this so they can keep being constant for the animation.

I can assume that those who don't like the art are just adventure fags and nostalgia fags who can't move on from the very original series they praised so much. Well, things change, they have to adapt with environment, you can't just stay with it forever.

Same face? Just look how Sora and Hikari's face were the same in adv 02, and then come back here
DATS24Feb 21, 2015 9:39 AM
Feb 21, 2015 5:25 AM
Dec 2013
DATS24 said:

I can assume that those who don't like the art are just adventure fags and nostalgia fags who can't move on from the very original series they praised so much.

Your assumption is wrong. Duh, Im getting tired of this "if you dont like the new design (of whatever series) then youre a nostalgia blinded fag"...the reason why I dislike the new art is simply because its bad, like really bad. As I said before, the characters look NOTHING like in 01, if it wouldnt say "Digimon" in the title, I wouldnt even know which series these characters are from. The worst thing about the new design is how skinny the characters are now and those small eyes. Yeah, the worst thing are those super small eyes. Overall it looks like an artwork of a five year old.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with this.

DATS24 said:
Well, things change, thy have to adapt with environment, you can't just stay with it forever.

Bullshit. They didnt have to change anything. Its not like it was impossible for them to keep the old style. The could have keep it, but "nahh lets try something neww maybe it will look goood"...well, it looks like shit, so yeah...
Feb 21, 2015 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
The eyes are not something I'm used to but I'll assume (or hope) they look better in motion. I like the rest of the design just fine.

Idc whether people like or hate it it but fans from both sides need to calm down, like reaaallly calm down. There's more drama than there needs to be simply over an art-style.

I'm really just curious about the plot itself.
Feb 21, 2015 9:33 AM
Apr 2013
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

I can assume that those who don't like the art are just adventure fags and nostalgia fags who can't move on from the very original series they praised so much.

Your assumption is wrong. Duh, Im getting tired of this "if you dont like the new design (of whatever series) then youre a nostalgia blinded fag"...the reason why I dislike the new art is simply because its bad, like really bad. As I said before, the characters look NOTHING like in 01, if it wouldnt say "Digimon" in the title, I wouldnt even know which series these characters are from. The worst thing about the new design is how skinny the characters are now and those small eyes. Yeah, the worst thing are those super small eyes. Overall it looks like an artwork of a five year old.

Nostalgia has nothing to do with this.

DATS24 said:
Well, things change, thy have to adapt with environment, you can't just stay with it forever.

Bullshit. They didnt have to change anything. Its not like it was impossible for them to keep the old style. The could have keep it, but "nahh lets try something neww maybe it will look goood"...well, it looks like shit, so yeah...

Savers used very different art style of digimon, ppl didn't complain much. Re:Digitize series and Cyber Sleuth used Yasuda Suzuhito's art, ppl really liked it.

Seriously I think there's something wrong with guys like you. Ppl in Japan rarely complained about it, they do adapt themselves, you just won't move on.

your words of explaining clearly prove that you're an adventure fag. Sorry if this is rude, but I'm just saying like that
Feb 21, 2015 9:37 AM
Apr 2013
RhapsodyinBlue said:
The eyes are not something I'm used to but I'll assume (or hope) they look better in motion. I like the rest of the design just fine.

Idc whether people like or hate it it but fans from both sides need to calm down, like reaaallly calm down. There's more drama than there needs to be simply over an art-style.

I'm really just curious about the plot itself.

I myself did wonder too how can these merely art style became so much problem when we clearly haven't seen the PV or real synopsis. People really need to adapt
Feb 21, 2015 9:46 AM

May 2009
Kinda sucks there are only two options. There should be another for those of us who are kind of neutral over the newer animation style. Personally, I don't care for it so much, but I don't hate it either. So, I guess I can say I neither like nor dislike it. It'll just take getting used to, but for me, I don't care anything about the animation style at all. I'm more interested in the plot and characters.
Feb 21, 2015 10:16 AM

May 2009
The new design is pretty ugly. It's not like the original one was amazing, but the new one manages to be even worse.
Feb 21, 2015 6:32 PM

May 2008
Nope. It seems like a pointless change when both Savers and Xros Wars showed styles similar to the older ones. Comes off as trying too hard to make this look more "mature" to me when the plot can do that by itself even with the cartoony style.

Plus, the characters look horribly bland to me. The hairstyles, which are easily distinguishable before, look almost nothing like them now. You can almost slap another title on the poster and fool people into thinking its' a new show.

DATS24 said:
I can assume that those who don't like the art are just adventure fags and nostalgia fags who can't move on from the very original series they praised so much. Well, things change, they have to adapt with environment, you can't just stay with it forever.

Yes, because everyone who doesn't "adapt" and like things you do are nostalgia fags. Makes perfect sense!
Feb 21, 2015 7:48 PM
Apr 2013
Sakarii said:
Nope. It seems like a pointless change when both Savers and Xros Wars showed styles similar to the older ones. Comes off as trying too hard to make this look more "mature" to me when the plot can do that by itself even with the cartoony style.

Plus, the characters look horribly bland to me. The hairstyles, which are easily distinguishable before, look almost nothing like them now. You can almost slap another title on the poster and fool people into thinking its' a new show.

DATS24 said:

Yes, because everyone who doesn't "adapt" and like things you do are nostalgia fags. Makes perfect sense!

Yeah bcos those who said "this looks nothing like digimon" made me sick. You can give another reason of why you don't like it. Bland characters? Ok arguable. The hairstyle? Well, hairstyle always changes, you can't even recognize yamato when he suddenly changed hairstyle in adv 02.

Savers' style similar to older one? Are u serious?
Feb 21, 2015 10:53 PM
Apr 2013
Ana- said:
DATS24 said:
Yeah bcos those who said "this looks nothing like digimon" made me sick. You can give another reason of why you don't like it. Bland characters? Ok arguable. The hairstyle? Well, hairstyle always changes, you can't even recognize yamato when he suddenly changed hairstyle in adv 02.

Why? Is saying "this looks nothing like digimon" not a valid reason to dislike the current artstyle? Digimon is a huge and was a continuous franchise; thus, change is a drastic gamble to such a thing. Look at Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, though minor changes can be seen due to technological innovation, they didn't completely overturn their artstyle. Artstyle is essential for a series to be easily recognised, so there's nothing to be surprised at people showing disbelief at such an unconventional happening.

It's not like I absolutely loathe the artstyle as I'm still hoping I'd grow fond of it once the series airs, but I just wish they made it stand out more, or at the very least, not scream "Tsuritama!"

Right, but anime nowadays weren't always like that. Look at for example Ai Tenchi Muyo, they used Yasuda's design, people will just say it's DRRR again or Devil Survivor again, or take another classic series remake or sequel for example like Tatsunoko series. Also not to forget about Digimon Savers which used drastic change of art. Art style is speciality of each artists. So I think as far as it's good and constant, there's nothing to worry about. And I kinda agree of what you said about not to scream "tsuritama."

At least I also hope Atsuya Uki can make it different than tsuritama, not just a literal copy-pasted.
DATS24Feb 21, 2015 11:00 PM
Feb 22, 2015 1:49 PM
Dec 2013
DATS24 said:

your words of explaining clearly prove that you're an adventure fag. Sorry if this is rude, but I'm just saying like that

And your words of explaining clearly prove that you have a low IQ.

I think "this looks nothing like Digimon" is a pretty good reason to hate it.
As Sakarii said before,you could put another title on the poster and fool people into thinking its' a new show.
I grew up with this series and I was sooo excited to hear that there will be a sequel, but the cheesy bland art style ruins it for me.
Its obvious that the producers arent even trying,which is sad. Prove? They copy-pasted Kari and Soras faces,which is highly ridiculous.
Nostalgia has nothing to do with this, its just that the art is bad...got it? Good.

Now move on and learn to accept with other peoples opinions.
Feb 22, 2015 6:08 PM
Apr 2013
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

And your words of explaining clearly prove that you have a low IQ.

I think "this looks nothing like Digimon" is a pretty good reason to hate it.
As Sakarii said before,you could put another title on the poster and fool people into thinking its' a new show.
I grew up with this series and I was sooo excited to hear that there will be a sequel, but the cheesy bland art style ruins it for me.
Its obvious that the producers arent even trying,which is sad. Prove? They copy-pasted Kari and Soras faces,which is highly ridiculous.
Nostalgia has nothing to do with this, its just that the art is bad...got it? Good.

Now move on and learn to accept with other peoples opinions.

I still can accept opinions, but one of your statement is just ridiculous. Copy-pasted face? Didn't you see what Ol-Hybrius said? From the beginning Sora and Hikari's face were copy-pasted.
Feb 23, 2015 2:33 AM
Jun 2013
I, at least, pass by this forum every single day and all I can read is "The art is shit.", "Including 02 is shit." and "Yamato x Sora is shit.". I already made my point about all this, again and again and again and I start to be reaaaally tired of it.

The only one I can agree here with is DATS24. Things changes, you guys changed and this season is supposed to be for those who grew up with Digimon, or so I understood. And yes, I said "those who grew up", not the spoiled children who can't accept something because it's not the same as it was 15 years ago. I can't believe someone bring Xrox Wars in the debate, which has Tamers-like visual (and yes, Tamers-like, not Adventure-like with all the shitty backgrounds scenery, you know, THAT was bland) and a veeeery shitty story for the last part. Can't blame people for trying something new, they already did with Savers, don't tell me it looks the same (remove the Digimon from it and I wouldn't be able to tell it's in the same serie). It's simple, you don't like, stop complaining and don't watch it. Or, at the very least, wait for the PV before spouting hate all like a Devimon.
Feb 23, 2015 6:01 AM

Apr 2014
I believe the artstyle change is a part of the fact that, Digimon isn't like Pokemon; what I mean is that it doesn't appeal to the younger audience as much and over the past few years has been making changes to appeal to the older fans of the series. Savers had a lot of 'maturity' to it, Digimon X Evolution was more dark, and recently the newest games like Cybersleuth's character designs are NOT what you would see in a kids show. Yeah, this could be a incredibly risky change by not continuing with the old designs but then again, if you look, I doesn't appear that the original staff are even involved so what all can be done about that? All in all, as someone who watched the show every Saturday morning with his family, who fantasized about having my own Digimon with his friends and to this day can still watch both Adventure 01/02, I can't wait to see this but I'm also trying to keep my expectations realistic; Because this IS Toei we are talking about here. -_-
Feb 23, 2015 6:25 AM

Jan 2015
I don't like it at all. It doesn't suit digimon.

Seriously look at Agumon and Gabumon. They look like they are starving to death.
Feb 23, 2015 8:26 AM
Apr 2013
MrKai23 said:

Seriously look at Agumon and Gabumon. They look like they are starving to death.

>Gabumon
>Starving to death

can't agree more
Feb 23, 2015 8:29 AM
Apr 2013
xCHAOSxKARASUx said:
I believe the artstyle change is a part of the fact that, Digimon isn't like Pokemon; what I mean is that it doesn't appeal to the younger audience as much and over the past few years has been making changes to appeal to the older fans of the series. Savers had a lot of 'maturity' to it, Digimon X Evolution was more dark, and recently the newest games like Cybersleuth's character designs are NOT what you would see in a kids show. Yeah, this could be a incredibly risky change by not continuing with the old designs but then again, if you look, I doesn't appear that the original staff are even involved so what all can be done about that? All in all, as someone who watched the show every Saturday morning with his family, who fantasized about having my own Digimon with his friends and to this day can still watch both Adventure 01/02, I can't wait to see this but I'm also trying to keep my expectations realistic; Because this IS Toei we are talking about here. -_-

I kindly agree with this statement. Yeah, we're talking about TOEI now, bcos I'm afraid their animation quality can drop easily just like what they did with Sailor Moon Crystal
Feb 23, 2015 12:58 PM
Jun 2013
DATS24 said:
MrKai23 said:

>Gabumon
>Starving to death

can't agree more

Gabumon looks fine in my opinion. Agumon on the other hand...

DATS24 said:
xCHAOSxKARASUx said:

I kindly agree with this statement. Yeah, we're talking about TOEI now, bcos I'm afraid their animation quality can drop easily just like what they did with Sailor Moon Crystal

The animation quality isn't my concern about TOEI. I hope they will, at least, care a little for the plot and not just make a shitty anime just to sell some toys.
Feb 23, 2015 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
The animation quality isn't my concern about TOEI. I hope they will, at least, care a little for the plot and not just make a shitty anime just to sell some toys.[/quote]

I agree, as long as the plot and character development is good or even great I usually don't worry about animation. Here's hoping we get the right amount of feels like they gave in Adventure 01/02.
Feb 23, 2015 6:44 PM

Jan 2014
I like the art style, it's definitely pleasing to look at
but I can't say whether or not it's right for the series because I've never seen a single episode of Digimon
Feb 24, 2015 12:57 PM
Dec 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
I, at least, pass by this forum every single day and all I can read is "The art is shit.", "Including 02 is shit." and "Yamato x Sora is shit.". I already made my point about all this, again and again and again and I start to be reaaaally tired of it.

The only one I can agree here with is DATS24. Things changes, you guys changed and this season is supposed to be for those who grew up with Digimon, or so I understood. And yes, I said "those who grew up", not the spoiled children who can't accept something because it's not the same as it was 15 years ago. I can't believe someone bring Xrox Wars in the debate, which has Tamers-like visual (and yes, Tamers-like, not Adventure-like with all the shitty backgrounds scenery, you know, THAT was bland) and a veeeery shitty story for the last part. Can't blame people for trying something new, they already did with Savers, don't tell me it looks the same (remove the Digimon from it and I wouldn't be able to tell it's in the same serie). It's simple, you don't like, stop complaining and don't watch it. Or, at the very least, wait for the PV before spouting hate all like a Devimon.

I swear, that "dont like it, dont complain/dont watch it" argument has to be the dumbest and most overused argument in history of TV show forums. As I said before, Im a loyal Digimon fan for over 15 years from now, so why the fuck should I keep my mouth shut if someone tries to ruin my favorite childhood show by bringing up some horrible art style? Personally, I dont mind that the style is more mature, I just cant deal with the fact how lazy and bland it looks. Its obvious that the producers and the studio dont give a fuck about the quality of the show, they only care about the money they want to make.
Why did they had to change the art style anyway? No one has ever complained about the character design for 01, people loved it, so why couldnt they just keep it? There is no excuse for that.

You must be one of those kids who think that something is good just because its "new". You know what? If youre tired about the negative comments, then dont read them. Simple as that. Digimon fans all over the world have the right to complain about the new art style (because its bad) and the producers deserve to get their ass whooped. Now go watch Xrox Wars and Savers a.k.a the worst Digimon seasons in history ( until now I didnt believe that there are people out there who liked those crap seaons...oh the internet. You learn something new every day).
cro3Feb 24, 2015 1:01 PM
Feb 24, 2015 1:03 PM
Aug 2011
Not really but I have learned to live with Toei's transgressions. :(
Feb 24, 2015 5:59 PM

May 2009
muhuchiki said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

I swear, that "dont like it, dont complain/dont watch it" argument has to be the dumbest and most overused argument in history of TV show forums. As I said before, Im a loyal Digimon fan for over 15 years from now, so why the fuck should I keep my mouth shut if someone tries to ruin my favorite childhood show by bringing up some horrible art style? Personally, I dont mind that the style is more mature, I just cant deal with the fact how lazy and bland it looks. Its obvious that the producers and the studio dont give a fuck about the quality of the show, they only care about the money they want to make.
Why did they had to change the art style anyway? No one has ever complained about the character design for 01, people loved it, so why couldnt they just keep it? There is no excuse for that.

You must be one of those kids who think that something is good just because its "new". You know what? If youre tired about the negative comments, then dont read them. Simple as that. Digimon fans all over the world have the right to complain about the new art style (because its bad) and the producers deserve to get their ass whooped. Now go watch Xrox Wars and Savers a.k.a the worst Digimon seasons in history ( until now I didnt believe that there are people out there who liked those crap seaons...oh the internet. You learn something new every day).
Well, it's just as foolish as a person who refuses to watch a show because of how it's animated. I personally don't care for the style...but I don't hate it either. I'm more neutral about it, but even if I did loathe the art style (like movie 4's animation, which I did consider to be really bad), I'm still going to watch it because plot, characterization, and development, etc., have higher precedence over the animation to me and that's always been the case for me whether it's something from Japan or something animated in the west. Just doesn't matter.
Feb 25, 2015 2:03 AM
Jun 2013
muhuchiki said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

Sure, if you don't like it, you can complain, but not on every post on every topic for Genai's sake. I didn't say that because it's new it's going to be good, but stop thinking that it's gonna be shit based on two or three artworks. Also, the first two Xros Wars season aren't that bad (but not on par with previous seasons), the third one on the other hand... Nah, couldn't even watch it to be honest. However, for now, I just started Frontier and Savers and in my opinion, Savers is way better than Frontier. Maybe that's just me, but the whole "human turning into Digimon" thing...
Feb 25, 2015 6:14 AM
Apr 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
muhuchiki said:

Sure, if you don't like it, you can complain, but not on every post on every topic for Genai's sake. I didn't say that because it's new it's going to be good, but stop thinking that it's gonna be shit based on two or three artworks. Also, the first two Xros Wars season aren't that bad (but not on par with previous seasons), the third one on the other hand... Nah, couldn't even watch it to be honest. However, for now, I just started Frontier and Savers and in my opinion, Savers is way better than Frontier. Maybe that's just me, but the whole "human turning into Digimon" thing...

I agree here *hi-five, Savers is better than Frontier. It has more better quality, and Masaru FTW!!
Feb 25, 2015 8:14 AM
Dec 2013
The Digimon series rapidly went downhill after season 3. I loved the first three seasons and for some reason I kinda enjoyed Frontier too, eventhough it had more to do with Power Rangers than Digimon. Savers was dumb as hell ( a kid who can beat Digimon with a simple punch...LMAO!) and dont get me started on Xros Wars. I always thought that Im one of those Digimon fans who could enjoy every season, but Xros Wars made me cringe a thousand times. I dropped it around episode 20. Definetly the worst season ever.
Feb 25, 2015 9:04 AM
Jun 2013
Masaru punching Digimon sure is weird and I remember having trouble with that. Xros Wars isn't a good Digimon serie, but it's enjoyable to watch in itself in my opinion. As I stated before, it kind of looks like a cross over between Digimon and Gurren Lagann to me.

The only season I haven't anything to blame in is Adventure 01 anyway. 02 had the best first arc and one of my favorite characters (Ken), some good ideas within it (Armor Evolutions, Jogress), a nice real world arc, a great opponent (Blackwargreymon), but the rest was pretty meh to me, especially the final battle. Tamers was great the first half, but I wasn't really into what happened since they went to the Digital World. I like its design though, it's more... well, digital. The bittersweet ending was good too.

Haven't seen enough of Frontier and Savers to say anything more about it and as I said, Xross Wars hasn't really anything to do with the serie, so...
Feb 25, 2015 6:50 PM
Feb 2015
Well honestly from a point of view it's different but good, it not what i'm used to but I can get use to it, my only concern is the faces but again nothing that in time IF the show is good I wouldn't come to love.

This link is about another show that the artist that made the design for digimon tri worked on and I though it look good, keep in mind though that for this show he made both the character design and the animation, he only made the design for digimon tri not the animation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRqCp1SvwI
In the end we'll just have to wait for the show to come on to give a final judgment.
Feb 26, 2015 6:29 AM
Apr 2013
muhuchiki said:
The Digimon series rapidly went downhill after season 3. I loved the first three seasons and for some reason I kinda enjoyed Frontier too, eventhough it had more to do with Power Rangers than Digimon. Savers was dumb as hell ( a kid who can beat Digimon with a simple punch...LMAO!) and dont get me started on Xros Wars. I always thought that Im one of those Digimon fans who could enjoy every season, but Xros Wars made me cringe a thousand times. I dropped it around episode 20. Definetly the worst season ever.

Masaru punching digimon was a dumb thing? LOL it was the best thing for me. Human are usually useless in digimon series but Masaru overcame it very much.
And saying a whole season is dumb just bcos human punching digimon is a really dumb reason for me
Feb 26, 2015 6:38 AM
Apr 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
Masaru punching Digimon sure is weird and I remember having trouble with that. Xros Wars isn't a good Digimon serie, but it's enjoyable to watch in itself in my opinion. As I stated before, it kind of looks like a cross over between Digimon and Gurren Lagann to me.

The only season I haven't anything to blame in is Adventure 01 anyway. 02 had the best first arc and one of my favorite characters (Ken), some good ideas within it (Armor Evolutions, Jogress), a nice real world arc, a great opponent (Blackwargreymon), but the rest was pretty meh to me, especially the final battle. Tamers was great the first half, but I wasn't really into what happened since they went to the Digital World. I like its design though, it's more... well, digital. The bittersweet ending was good too.

Haven't seen enough of Frontier and Savers to say anything more about it and as I said, Xross Wars hasn't really anything to do with the serie, so...

My complaints:
Adv 01: some forced chara dev, completely evil villains, only 2 got special power just bcos they got siblings, wasted potential about digital world theory.

Adv 02: fucking PLOTHOLES, daisuke sucks, miyako annoying, some wasted potential characters, at least Ken is the only good one. They got interesting story but BelialVamdemon ruined it very much.

Tamers: Fucking Ryo, at least it isn't as annoying as another seasons' complaint. Anything than that was masterpiece.

Frontier: Some wasted characters, too straightforward. Some chara got interesting backstory but it just ended that way. Only Takuya and Kouji were shining.

Savers: Wasted potential character like Yoshino, Gaomon only obeyed its master. Anything than that was great.

Xros Wars: Taiki good character but TOO GARYSTU. Another important characters were wasted like hell such like Kiriha, he also got forced chara dev. Nene only exist for solely fanservice. Too intense and unreasonable sexual fanservice, Bagramon is just a big bad one without any potential. Only shoutmon is shining at the end, the others are just part of Shoutmon. Also legendary and fearsome digimons were just merely slave in this one
DATS24Feb 26, 2015 6:44 AM
Feb 26, 2015 1:33 PM
Dec 2013
DATS24 said:

And saying a whole season is dumb just bcos human punching digimon is a really dumb reason for me

Well I dont care what you think. And you think Savers was great? LMAO! Shit taste spotted!
Feb 26, 2015 3:15 PM

Jun 2012
I prefer the old art style, but the new one don't look totally bad. It just feels totally different when you seen the original already. Can't say much more until i've see the new one in motion.
Feb 27, 2015 5:48 AM
Apr 2013
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

Well I dont care what you think. And you think Savers was great? LMAO! Shit taste spotted!

You are the one with shit taste lol

Punching digimon with bare hands >>>>>>>>> stand on the back and shout "ganbatte"
Feb 27, 2015 7:50 AM
Dec 2013
DATS24 said:

Punching digimon with bare hands >>>>>>>>> stand on the back and shout "ganbatte"

The Savers season contradicted everything Digimon stands for. Barely anyone liked Savers. Just saying, on every "What is your favorite Digimon season" poll on the internet people either go for Adventure or Tamers, while Savers and Xros Wars barely get any votes. So yeah, you belong to the minority of people who think that Savers was any good, so go back to your Shit Taste city and stop embarrassing yourself by praising bad art as good.
Feb 27, 2015 8:17 AM
Dec 2013
no they kind of suck
I haven't watched Digimon since Adventure 02 (I did try tamers but it was pretty bad)

So I'm still excited for this (be it only for nostalgia) but WTF did they to the awesome characters with these boring and bland designs?
Feb 28, 2015 5:22 AM
Jun 2013
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

The Savers season contradicted everything Digimon stands for. Barely anyone liked Savers. Just saying, on every "What is your favorite Digimon season" poll on the internet people either go for Adventure or Tamers, while Savers and Xros Wars barely get any votes. So yeah, you belong to the minority of people who think that Savers was any good, so go back to your Shit Taste city and stop embarrassing yourself by praising bad art as good.

I'd agree with Muhuchiki for once, I prefer the chosen ones to just stand in the back. I mean, it's Digimon we're talking about, it's all about fights between monsters who keep getting bigger and stronger and I don't like to see a human being interfer. I had trouble with that when I first heard of Savers and I still do, but claiming that the whole season is shit just because of that ?

This is all a matter of opinions, maybe you should try to learn some notion of respect. You have all the right in the world to like or not to like something and argue about it, but it would be waaaaaay better for each and everyone of us on this forum if this was an actual argument and not just some "Your taste is shit because I say it." throwing contest.

Honestly, Muhuchiki, I think I can speak in the name of the everyone here when I say we get it that you don't like the new design. We really did get it. Promise. Swear. Whatever the hell you want. So please, stop posting the same bland, raging and nonsensical posts here, there and everywhere on this forum like a spoiled child who didn't get the expensive toy he wanted so badly because his parents had to pay the bills -but like he cares, huh-. I'd be really, really thankful if you do.
Feb 28, 2015 7:18 AM
Apr 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
muhuchiki said:

I'd agree with Muhuchiki for once, I prefer the chosen ones to just stand in the back. I mean, it's Digimon we're talking about, it's all about fights between monsters who keep getting bigger and stronger and I don't like to see a human being interfer. I had trouble with that when I first heard of Savers and I still do, but claiming that the whole season is shit just because of that ?

This is all a matter of opinions, maybe you should try to learn some notion of respect. You have all the right in the world to like or not to like something and argue about it, but it would be waaaaaay better for each and everyone of us on this forum if this was an actual argument and not just some "Your taste is shit because I say it." throwing contest.

Honestly, Muhuchiki, I think I can speak in the name of the everyone here when I say we get it that you don't like the new design. We really did get it. Promise. Swear. Whatever the hell you want. So please, stop posting the same bland, raging and nonsensical posts here, there and everywhere on this forum like a spoiled child who didn't get the expensive toy he wanted so badly because his parents had to pay the bills -but like he cares, huh-. I'd be really, really thankful if you do.

Tamers merged human and digimon, ppl didn't complained. Frontier changed human into digimon to fight, nobody complained. Savers only had 1 human fighting together with his partner, everybody hated it. I seriously don't get this.

Anyway for muhuchiki, yeah people said "favorite" not bcos they had good plot and characterization. I said Savers was my favorite bcos it had good plot and good characterization, most of negative reviews about Savers I read were mostly complaining about "not being digimon anymore like previous season" not about "bad plot or characterization," even if they said that they can't exactly explained what made it bad. Yeah I'm an anti-mainstream, bcos mainsteam votes are usually shit, though I very agree with Tamers as the best.

I didn't intend to discuss about whose taste was shittier at first, but since you started it, I just go with the flow.

Sorry if I said something bad, I didn't want to start this
Feb 28, 2015 8:00 AM
Jun 2013
DATS24 said:
Tamers merged human and digimon, ppl didn't complained. Frontier changed human into digimon to fight, nobody complained. Savers only had 1 human fighting together with his partner, everybody hated it. I seriously don't get this.

If it's any consolation, I, at least, was way more annoyed by human turning into digimon in Frontier than Masaru punching them in Savers. All a matter of taste, as I said. But anyway, I still have to watch these two seasons and I definitly will. Y'know, 'cause, it's still Digimon after all. [s]Plus, I already watched two out of the three Xros seasons, so I have no excuse not to.[s]
Mar 2, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2013
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

I'm sorry, what sort of planet did you come from again?

Because where I come from, a hell load of people like Savers. The only ones I'm aware of who didn't like it were the nostalgiafags who were too absorbed with idolizing Adventure 01 that they refused to pay attention to the other Digimon series. It didn't contradict everything Digimon stood for in the slightest - rather, it supported it.

The only thing that contradicted anything is that the protag went about punching people, and honestly, is that any different from Frontier, that had freaking humans transforming into Digimon. I mean, HELLO? Am I missing anything here?

But of course, they already introduced a similar concept back in Tamers so...

...so seriously, with all due respect, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You know, if nothing else, I'm pretty sure Savers is more well-liked than the mess that was Xros Wars with more layered, hotblooded characters and a greater plot.

It's true, people like Adventure 01 and Tamers most, but that doesn't mean the others are utterly horrible.

But then again, that's just my own opinion. Everyone has their own opinion on what Digimon series are likable and what aren't, and while it's okay to criticize someone else's opinion, it's not okay to bring forth one's own opinion like it's fact. And while we can have a public consensus, opinions themselves are never, eveeerrr fact~

Going back on topic, while the art style of 'tri' does seem a little blandish right now, I'm pretty sure that's just because they're all wearing the same identical school uniform without any individual variations. Hopefully they'll get to wear their casual outfits more so they better stand out.

Apart from that, I won't come to any conclusions, since we really don't know anything about the anime yet. Whether it's a masterpiece worthy of being a sequel to the original series, or complete and utter crap, we'll just have to wait and see. Toei's track record hasn't been the best lately, but you never know~
CarenPriestessMar 2, 2015 4:58 AM

Mar 2, 2015 12:05 PM
Dec 2013
MercifulPriest said:

Because where I come from, a hell load of people like Savers. The only ones I'm aware of who didn't like it were the nostalgiafags who were too absorbed with idolizing Adventure 01 that they refused to pay attention to the other Digimon series. It didn't contradict everything Digimon stood for in the slightest - rather, it supported it.

The only thing that contradicted anything is that the protag went about punching people, and honestly, is that any different from Frontier, that had freaking humans transforming into Digimon. I mean, HELLO? Am I missing anything here?

...so seriously, with all due respect, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You know, if nothing else, I'm pretty sure Savers is more well-liked than the mess that was Xros Wars with more layered, hotblooded characters and a greater plot.

It's true, people like Adventure 01 and Tamers most, but that doesn't mean the others are utterly horrible.

But then again, that's just my own opinion. Everyone has their own opinion on what Digimon series are likable and what aren't, and while it's okay to criticize someone else's opinion, it's not okay to bring forth one's own opinion like it's fact. And while we can have a public consensus, opinions themselves are never, eveeerrr fact~

1. Im coming from planet Earth.

2. Who (except you) liked Savers? Who? Again, barely anyone liked it. I didnt make up this, my theory is based on the fact that in hundreds of Digimon fan forums and polls Ive seen Savers barely gets any love. In example, there was a poll with like thousands of votes where Savers got only 2 or so percent. Not surprising at all, because its shit. Unless you can show me a valid prove that Savers is popular I would suggest you to remain silent.

3. Ah, that "if you dont like Savers then you're a nostalgiafag" argument again. Yawn. How about reading my previous posts? I said that I liked season 1-3 and somewhat Frontier. Next time come up with something not so fucking idiotic, that argument is as whack as Savers.

4. Savers didnt supported the original idea of Digimon in the slightest way. Go watch Adventure 01, then you'll know what Im talking about.

5. The fact that Savers was better Xros Wars doesnt make it any better, because Xros Wars was cancerous.

6. "It's true, people like Adventure 01 and Tamers most, but that doesn't mean the others are utterly horrible."

Yes it does (02 was good too btw).
Mar 2, 2015 2:09 PM
Jun 2013
... Not going to feed that anymore. u_u
Mar 2, 2015 2:37 PM
Dec 2013
Oh come on. A kid being able to beat the shit out of Digimon only with bare fists has to be one of the most idiotic and ridiculous things Ive ever seen in anime. I mean, this is Digimon, not Dragonball Z, dont be retarded
Mar 2, 2015 8:16 PM

Dec 2007
I think the art is ugly and generic, but I suppose I can live with it.

edit: And I have to say after browsing this forum for a while I've come to the conclusion that Digimon fans are the worst.
EarwenMar 2, 2015 8:26 PM
Mar 2, 2015 8:36 PM
Apr 2013
muhuchiki said:
MercifulPriest said:

1. Im coming from planet Earth.

2. Who (except you) liked Savers? Who? Again, barely anyone liked it. I didnt make up this, my theory is based on the fact that in hundreds of Digimon fan forums and polls Ive seen Savers barely gets any love. In example, there was a poll with like thousands of votes where Savers got only 2 or so percent. Not surprising at all, because its shit. Unless you can show me a valid prove that Savers is popular I would suggest you to remain silent.

3. Ah, that "if you dont like Savers then you're a nostalgiafag" argument again. Yawn. How about reading my previous posts? I said that I liked season 1-3 and somewhat Frontier. Next time come up with something not so fucking idiotic, that argument is as whack as Savers.

4. Savers didnt supported the original idea of Digimon in the slightest way. Go watch Adventure 01, then you'll know what Im talking about.

5. The fact that Savers was better Xros Wars doesnt make it any better, because Xros Wars was cancerous.

6. "It's true, people like Adventure 01 and Tamers most, but that doesn't mean the others are utterly horrible."

Yes it does (02 was good too btw).

for number 2: I and some many people liked Savers

for number 4:
>original
>DIGIMON ADVENTURE USED ORIGINAL CONCEPT
>ORIGINAL
excuse me pfffttt, I want to..... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

oh man, even this statement had proved that you're an adventure fag. Just bcos Savers didn't use what Adventure used to be.

I guess you only watch digimon anime without knowing its very basic concept. I guess you only think Digimon first came out in 1999.

>02 is good

okay, so what made it so good? plotholes? LOL

Earwen said:
I think the art is ugly and generic, but I suppose I can live with it.

edit: And I have to say after browsing this forum for a while I've come to the conclusion that Digimon fans are the worst.

I admit it's a yes, same with pokemon fans to be honest. Too many oldfags who praised the first generation so much
Mar 3, 2015 2:09 AM
Jun 2013
DATS24 said:
I guess you only watch digimon anime without knowing its very basic concept. I guess you only think Digimon first came out in 1999.

Kinda off-topic but are you familiar with Digimon games ? I used to play Digimon World and Digimon Rumble Arena back when I was a kid. DW was very good, I should play it again one day. Also, I downloaded a translated version of the Adventure game lately, dunno if you've played it.
Mar 3, 2015 2:37 AM
Dec 2013
DATS24 said:

for number 4:
>original
>ORIGINAL

oh man, even this statement had proved that you're an adventure fag. Just bcos Savers didn't use what Adventure used to be.

>02 is good

Hear hear.

For number 2: I guess there are a bunch of people who liked Savers, but its a fact that its nowhere as popular as the first three seasons. If you dont believe me, then just take a look at any fan forum/poll out there.

For number 4: I have no idea what you tried to prove with that, I believe that you're just a unintelligent human being. And why are you saying "fag" all the time? Well, Im not a gay so Im not offended by that. In psychology there is a theory called "projection" in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is gay may constantly accuse other people of being gay...is there something you want to tell us?

Im know very well that the concept "Digimon" existed before 1999.

And 02 was better than Savers simply because it didnt have 14 year old kids who managed to beat the crap out of powerful Digimon only by using their fists...I just remembered that episode where Masaru fought Biyomon...damn, that was so retarded. I believe that you simply have no idea how Digimon is supossed to be, you unintelligent pretentious butthole.
Mar 3, 2015 7:13 AM
Apr 2013
muhuchiki said:
DATS24 said:

for number 4:
>original
>ORIGINAL

>02 is good

Hear hear.

For number 2: I guess there are a bunch of people who liked Savers, but its a fact that its nowhere as popular as the first three seasons. If you dont believe me, then just take a look at any fan forum/poll out there.

For number 4: I have no idea what you tried to prove with that, I believe that you're just a unintelligent human being. And why are you saying "fag" all the time? Well, Im not a gay so Im not offended by that. In psychology there is a theory called "projection" in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is gay may constantly accuse other people of being gay...is there something you want to tell us?

Im know very well that the concept "Digimon" existed before 1999.

And 02 was better than Savers simply because it didnt have 14 year old kids who managed to beat the crap out of powerful Digimon only by using their fists...I just remembered that episode where Masaru fought Biyomon...damn, that was so retarded. I believe that you simply have no idea how Digimon is supossed to be, you unintelligent pretentious butthole.

oh man you sure love plotholes, eh?
not surprised that you have so many holes in your body.

Taichi punched bakemon, no one had ever complained, Taichi fags were fascinated by it.

Masaru punched many digimon with 30 feet tall, most of people hate him.

Yeah I already knew that the majority is shit.

Masaru is a glorious MANsaru, and your Agumon is invalid
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why does everyone hate the 02 characters?

12ylie - May 12, 2015

22 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

343 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:30 PM

» Can I watch this without watching any of the previous Digimons ?

reyqq - Sep 15, 2021

9 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:30 PM

» Plot holes in 02?

cro3 - Mar 16, 2015

29 by Ducksama14 »»
Apr 2, 2022 9:25 PM

Poll: » sora ( 1 2 )

ninjastarforcex - Dec 15, 2014

81 by StormxNightmare »»
Dec 3, 2020 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.