Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Kei or Miyako
Nov 14, 2007 6:11 PM

Oct 2007
After hearing so many argue back and forth who they favor, it only seemed appropriate to open a poll. Personally, I like Miyako.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2007 7:00 PM

Jul 2007
I prefer Kei over Miyako. I feel that she has stronger feelings for Hiro, but because of her situation its hard to tell him. To me, no offence Miyako fans, she's just an intereference. But to each their own.

Kei FTW!!!
Nov 14, 2007 8:59 PM

Sep 2007
Can't pick yet. Maybe in one or two eps I'll be able to. Otherwise right now, I'm kind of stuck between the two.
Nov 14, 2007 9:14 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Atm I like all the girls.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 14, 2007 9:24 PM

Oct 2007
Lol, I'm pretty sure if it was a poll between all the girls, Chihiro would win hands down.
Nov 15, 2007 3:09 AM

Jul 2007
AegisReborn said:
Lol, I'm pretty sure if it was a poll between all the girls, Chihiro would win hands down.

Ahah that's so true. She's just hard not to love xD
Nov 15, 2007 10:43 AM

Sep 2007
I'd say Kei

Miyamura in my opinion is pushing it, barging into the dude's house uninvited etc, stalker much?
Nov 15, 2007 11:23 AM

Sep 2007
uii after my vote it became 5 / 5 i didnt view the result first
i like miyako much more thatn kei imo
i would love it if hiro and miyako comes together,
but its hard to believe it after the newiest epi <_<
Nov 15, 2007 12:49 PM

Jan 2007
AegisReborn said:

Agreed. But since she's not, voted Miyako.
Nov 15, 2007 2:42 PM

Jul 2007
Miyako seems to have a connection, but kei is trying pretty hard, and hasn't suggested the possibility for a connection. So I will remain undecided for now.

For ef ~ A tale of Memories

Choice: Undecided.
asandariNov 28, 2007 10:35 AM
Nov 15, 2007 3:16 PM

Apr 2007
Kei all the way. I just like her personality the most and I find her cute. And, uh, I sort of hate Miyako.
Nov 15, 2007 4:02 PM

Jun 2007
miyako, all the way

she is just pretty cute sometimes, and i personally dont like kei...

no offense kei fans, but she ruined chihiro's life.... i think she is just there to make things worst, but without her we wouldnt get plot... anyways, i just dont like her
TsundereRicNov 15, 2007 4:44 PM
Nov 16, 2007 6:24 PM

Aug 2007
Richard_Omega said:
miyako, all the way

no offense kei fans, but she ruined chihiro's life.... i think she is just there to make things worst, but without her we wouldnt get plot... anyways, i just dont like her

You're blaming Kei for ruining Chihiro's life? I never got the impression that Kei paid the driver to run into Chihiro. With the newest episode we're finally seeing Kei's perspective and I'm growing to like her more than before
Nov 27, 2007 9:33 PM

Oct 2007
shadowraze said:
Richard_Omega said:
miyako, all the way

You're blaming Kei for ruining Chihiro's life? I never got the impression that Kei paid the driver to run into Chihiro. With the newest episode we're finally seeing Kei's perspective and I'm growing to like her more than before

I agree with shadowraze here, what Richard_Omega said was stupid, i cant believe you think that!!! That was just wrong...
Nov 28, 2007 12:06 AM

Dec 2006
miyako > all other characters
Nov 28, 2007 12:05 PM

Oct 2007
I've finally decided, i want miyako for Hiro!!!
Nov 28, 2007 12:19 PM

Apr 2007
MIYAKO ALL THE WAY~
Nov 28, 2007 12:51 PM

Mar 2005
Kei :3

I've only seen one ep but judging solely by name :D
Nov 28, 2007 1:03 PM
Aug 2007
Miyako definitely....Kei is acting so cold against Miyako though i can see where she's coming from she should just tell Hirono her damn feelings. As soon as competition arrives she goes out to destroy them. Hirono doesnt even know how Kei feels at the moment... She says she'll stay by Onii chan's side forever but is she the one who decides that? If you want to stay by a person's side they should know your feelings and intentions of doing so. Miyako likes Hirono but hasnt really had any chance to reveal her true feelings yet and has a bad past of disappearing...This is what I think currently..though my opinion could change...
Nov 28, 2007 6:35 PM

Oct 2007
Miyako.
Never liked Kei, she's too selfish and bossy to my taste. And now she's being a real bitch. She can still fight for Hirono without being that mean to Miyako.

shadowraze said:
Richard_Omega said:

no offense kei fans, but she ruined chihiro's life.

You're blaming Kei for ruining Chihiro's life? I never got the impression that Kei paid the driver to run into Chihiro.

I kind of understand his point. Kei's selfish act led to the accident with Chihiro. She surely didn't have the intention to hurt her sister nor thought something like that would ever happen. But if she wasn't only thinking about her own happiness, the three would have gone to the beach together and the accident probably wouldn't have happened.

I'm not saying I agree with all this, but I can understand his point. But I do think she's too selfish. Don't like her and she should just go away~ :}

(Sorry my crappy English XP)

Nov 28, 2007 11:18 PM

Jun 2007
I guess I may be the only Kei fan. I guess I don't like flaky outsiders. If shes willing to restrain her love as a means of repentance for her crimes against her sister then I can only see that as positive quality. I don't feel bad for her deleting all those messages either. Its best if Hiro doesn't know else he might know Miyako is off her rocker. Shes also responsible and looking out for Hiro while Miyako is only using Hiro for her self-validation as an existence. Kei doesn't know that so it may seem like shes being incredibly mean she actually just trying to protect her childhood friend who is obviously hurt, physically. He has his whole life to draw and become a manga artist. He doesn't need to risk hurting his hand further.

Nov 28, 2007 11:19 PM

Sep 2007
I voted Miyako. I don't like Kei. =)

I claimed Kasumi (Misty) (by Vertago)

(made by AngelLily)
Nov 29, 2007 9:34 AM
Oct 2007
Kei is a bitch, Miako should slit her through School Days style
Nov 29, 2007 12:34 PM

Oct 2007
Legion17 said:
I guess I may be the only Kei fan. I guess I don't like flaky outsiders. If shes willing to restrain her love as a means of repentance for her crimes against her sister then I can only see that as positive quality. I don't feel bad for her deleting all those messages either. Its best if Hiro doesn't know else he might know Miyako is off her rocker. Shes also responsible and looking out for Hiro while Miyako is only using Hiro for her self-validation as an existence. Kei doesn't know that so it may seem like shes being incredibly mean she actually just trying to protect her childhood friend who is obviously hurt, physically. He has his whole life to draw and become a manga artist. He doesn't need to risk hurting his hand further.

I disagree with the majority of this. First of all, I don't think Kei did anything wrong. True, she was jealous of the relationship developing between Hiro and Chihiro, but she is in no way responsible for such a horrendous accident. Kei had no intention of hurting Chihiro in any way, so she has to reason to "repent." Secondly, I do not see Miyako as being "off her rocker." I find her one of the most commendable characters in the story. She has no family, no love, no one to hold dear, and yet she has the will and courage to stand up. For her to feel devastated for fear of losing Hiro is not anything beyond what any normal person would do. Finally, I do not think that Hiro should be kept from drawing. So what if his hand hurts, he knows that, but this is his dream. Why should he stop? Would you hesitate if you had a chance to live out your dream?
Nov 29, 2007 3:09 PM

Sep 2007
I'm more likely to pick Miyako at this point. I don't hold Chihiro's accident against Kei because that'd be stupid, for reasons AegisReborn said. I just don't appreciate Kei's sabotaging Hiro and Miyako's relationship based on her own selfishness.
Nov 29, 2007 9:20 PM

Jun 2007
AegisReborn said:
I disagree with the majority of this. First of all, I don't think Kei did anything wrong. True, she was jealous of the relationship developing between Hiro and Chihiro, but she is in no way responsible for such a horrendous accident. Kei had no intention of hurting Chihiro in any way, so she has to reason to "repent." Secondly, I do not see Miyako as being "off her rocker." I find her one of the most commendable characters in the story. She has no family, no love, no one to hold dear, and yet she has the will and courage to stand up. For her to feel devastated for fear of losing Hiro is not anything beyond what any normal person would do. Finally, I do not think that Hiro should be kept from drawing. So what if his hand hurts, he knows that, but this is his dream. Why should he stop? Would you hesitate if you had a chance to live out your dream?
Her sister never would've gone down that road if not for Kei's jealousy so that is some way maybe not all but certainly not none. If my dream were to be a manga artist then I would take good care of my hand because in the long run I'm going to need it working at one-hundred percent. Why mess up my hand in high school? Also, the whole phone messages thing was Miyako's temporary descent into madness. If some girl you met for a couple weeks left you 99+ messages in a couple of hours the first thing you would say is shes crazy. Obviously, she recovered but what do you hear a lot as the reason some people become psycho? Troubled childhood. Miyako's childhood isn't Ed Gein bad so shes not going to School Days on anyone but she does have some psychological trauma/baggage. In the end, shes a very touching character and I don't hate or even dislike her, I just prefer Kei because shes responsible and caring, its unfortunate shes a Tsundere while Miyako is smart and a good cook but a flake.

Nov 29, 2007 9:22 PM

Apr 2007
Miyako ftw~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2007 2:01 PM

Oct 2007
Legion17 said:
AegisReborn said:
Her sister never would've gone down that road if not for Kei's jealousy so that is some way maybe not all but certainly not none. If my dream were to be a manga artist then I would take good care of my hand because in the long run I'm going to need it working at one-hundred percent. Why mess up my hand in high school? Also, the whole phone messages thing was Miyako's temporary descent into madness. If some girl you met for a couple weeks left you 99+ messages in a couple of hours the first thing you would say is shes crazy. Obviously, she recovered but what do you hear a lot as the reason some people become psycho? Troubled childhood. Miyako's childhood isn't Ed Gein bad so shes not going to School Days on anyone but she does have some psychological trauma/baggage. In the end, shes a very touching character and I don't hate or even dislike her, I just prefer Kei because shes responsible and caring, its unfortunate shes a Tsundere while Miyako is smart and a good cook but a flake.

True, she was jealous, but you still can't hold Kei responsible. That's as irrational as saying you're responsible for someone's death through, say, an accident, because you kept them too long in the morning due to a conversation. That kind of logic is just twisted and wrong.

As for Hiro, I don't think you understand. He IS a manga artist; he's not inspiring to become one. You're talking as if he is still just some high school student drawing for fun. No, he IS already a manga artist professionally. He already has his dream. Although he may have carpal tunnel, it's one of the woes of the occupation just like any other occupation. To tell him to stop drawing because of his hand is like telling a writer to stop writing books for the same reason. If it's what you love and what you live for, you do it.

Then again, we come to MiyaMiya. Yes, I do realize most pyschological disorders come from childhood trauma. So because Miyako had childhood trauma, this makes her psycho? If this is your reasoning, then it's an fallacy in logic, namely affirmation of the consequent. True, she is troubled, but not psychologically disordered. It's a far stretch to say someone having a breakdown has completely lost their nuts and bolts. It's human to breakdown, especially if we lose something dear.
Nov 30, 2007 5:44 PM

Jun 2007
AegisReborn said:
True, she was jealous, but you still can't hold Kei responsible. That's as irrational as saying you're responsible for someone's death through, say, an accident, because you kept them too long in the morning due to a conversation. That kind of logic is just twisted and wrong.

As for Hiro, I don't think you understand. He IS a manga artist; he's not aspiring to become one. You're talking as if he is still just some high school student drawing for fun. No, he IS already a manga artist professionally. He already has his dream. Although he may have carpal tunnel, it's one of the woes of the occupation just like any other occupation. To tell him to stop drawing because of his hand is like telling a writer to stop writing books for the same reason. If it's what you love and what you live for, you do it.

Then again, we come to MiyaMiya. Yes, I do realize most pyschological disorders come from childhood trauma. So because Miyako had childhood trauma, this makes her psycho? If this is your reasoning, then it's an fallacy in logic, namely affirmation of the consequent. True, she is troubled, but not psychologically disordered. It's a far stretch to say someone having a breakdown has completely lost their nuts and bolts. It's human to breakdown, especially if we lose something dear.

- Responsibility aside, She feels like shes done something wrong and shes atoning for it.
*Shes not directly responsible for the car accident.
*She takes responsibility when she believes shes wronged someone she cares about it
*Your opinion has no bearing on what she believes is true so whether shes responsible or not is a moot point.
+She has a good personality trait.

- Hiro is an aspiring manga artist but hes hurting his hand more.
*He's only a high school kid, he has plenty of time to continue.
*If his hand gets worse he may not be able to draw.
*Kei is only looking out for his sake.
*Writing books can written with anyone's hands, one's drawings can be drawn by only that one person.
+I think he can hurt his hand further and ruin his chances of continuing his dream

- Miyako had a breakdown over being stood up.
*Miyako is not psycho.
*Miyako is emotionally troubled.
*99 messages makes her look psycho.
*Kei doesn't know how much shes actually hurting Miyako.
*Miyako was only using Hiro for self-validation, maybe for romantic love later.
*Miyako distracts Hiro from school, from which she is also avoiding.
+Miyako may draw your pity or moe but it doesn't make her a good influence.

+Don't get the wrong idea, I like Miyako's character and want to see her more but I'm trying to be objective.

Hopefully this is simple enough so you won't twist any words around or get the wrong idea.

Nov 30, 2007 10:35 PM

Oct 2007
Na, not twisting any words. We just have different perspectives, that is all.
Dec 2, 2007 6:41 AM

Aug 2007
I prefer Kei :D.

Dec 2, 2007 9:35 PM

Nov 2007
Kei seems to be a rather cold and manipulative person... I cant think of one truly nice thing shes done up to this point in the series. Sure, she worries about Hiro and tries to look after him; but it seems like shes just trying to make Hiro dependent on her, rather than doing it out of genuine concern. Additionally, she doesnt seem to have much in common with Hiro and they dont seem to enjoy each others company in any special way... her main way of strengthening her relationship with Hiro is by wedging him away from other girls.

Miyako on the other hand gets along with Hiro pretty well right from the start. She often visits Hiro simply to keep him company (which Hiro seems to appreciate), and she encourages his aspirations to be a manga artist. While the cellphone thing might have been a bit unsettling, its understandable considering the awful things that Kei said to her and whatever seemingly happened in her past. Unlike Kei, who becomes sorta scary and creepy when she thinks shes losing hold of Hiro, Miyako becomes worried and distraught. Shes nowhere near as stalker-ish as people label her, especially compared to Kei.
Dec 3, 2007 4:39 AM

Aug 2007
Miyako, Kei is too selfish, only acting on her own feelings and not considering Hiro's or everyone else's. But I dont blame her for Chihiro's accident either because that was just a freak of nature, but Miyako wasn't doing anything yet Kei being all selfish destroyed Miyako
Dec 30, 2007 5:42 PM
Dec 2007
Miyako of course :p

Well, in terms of character, the script writers have done a wonderful job to make us love her and hate Kei (stalker/creepy/disrespectful etc...), and it was just being realistic to guess beforehand that Miyako'd get the lover role and Kei the sister role.

As for Chihiro, I personally would vote her third, I prefer Miyako and Kei :)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 2, 2008 6:46 AM
Dec 2007
Basically, Hiro had two lunatics on his back. Kie is very unrelenting when it comes to destroying opposition (she sure didn't had a hand in the accident, but it only happened because she drew Hiro away from his original promise). On the other hand, we got Miyako, who is clearly a lunatic. Seriously, what do you call someone who is clearly trying to validate her very own existence by having you be only for her? Not only that, how do you call someone who flies off her rocker because she got stood up by someone she went out with one or two times (not to mention she even entered his home uninvited). You can excuse it with the childhood trauma but that still means she has psychological problems.

If you give me a say, they are both bad in their own ways, but Kei-chan is both cuter and also has been there for Hiro through much more. Hiro was a teenager still. He could have at least finished high school. What will happen now if he can't draw manga anymore? He will be a homeless bum who never finished High School, that's what he'll be. I don't exactly like "his" happy ending.

Feb 16, 2008 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
Miyako!

Kei is way too annoying.

Feb 16, 2008 1:19 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I think I've finally decided. I don't dislike either of the girls but I like Kei a little bit more than Miyako.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 19, 2008 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
Miyako.
Feb 19, 2008 1:04 PM

Feb 2008
Since the start I always liked Kei more.
I found Miyako to be really annoying.
KayroFeb 20, 2008 11:31 PM
Feb 20, 2008 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
I think liked Kei more in the beginning, but now I just think of her as a cruel bitch. If she wants to be with her onii-chan she should just tell her she loves him, and if she wants to punish herself for what happened to Chihiro she should just back of from Hiro. It's good to be selfish sometimes, but not this selfish. Saying "If I can't have him I'm gonna see to that no one else gets him" when she decided for herself that she can't have him is just so stupid.

Compared to characters from other animés I don't like Miyako that much either, but she is better than Kei, and at least I can like her out of pity.
Feb 21, 2008 9:06 PM

Jul 2007
Miyako all the way..

i like her personality, the happy go lucky girl..although the 99 messages is a bit scary, it doesn't make me don't like her because of that, instead i was quite annoyed with Hiro for not leaving a message after they got home or phone Miyako on the way to store? (i forgot)..at least Miyako doesn't have to wait until hour and hour and hour later..
elsherlMay 29, 2008 7:25 AM
Feb 21, 2008 9:14 PM

Dec 2007
Miyako <3
Mar 13, 2008 11:32 AM

Dec 2007
i kind of like miyako better ! ((: she's more of daring though =3

Mar 22, 2008 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
Kei
Mar 24, 2008 8:40 AM

Nov 2007

i just finisHed Ef..!

i love kei..!!!!!!!!!!
she's far better than miyako..!
no hard feelings for miya miya fans..haha

i like her attitude..shes kinda tomboy..lol..and wen

just dont want the things that she did just to have hiro..

but i love yuko more..!!!!! haha
and chihirO..!

Mar 24, 2008 8:44 AM

Nov 2007
Legion17 said:

idoL..! haha..
youre not the only one..=p
Mar 24, 2008 8:45 AM

Nov 2007

cyruz said:
I think I've finally decided. I don't dislike either of the girls but I like Kei a little bit more than Miyako.

haha..
points for kei-cHan..! =p
Mar 24, 2008 8:47 AM

Nov 2007

Kayro said:

same heRe..

kei-chan love love ..!! =p
Apr 28, 2008 8:09 PM

Apr 2008
inn0centdem0n said:

Kayro said:

same heRe..

kei-chan love love ..!! =p

Count me in to that. I like Kei more coz Miyako looks to me like she's on the crazy side (just an opinion^^). Though I am not against the pairing in the end even if Kei did not get what she wants. She's better off without him anyway. =3
May 13, 2008 12:09 AM

Mar 2008
all_about_me said:
Count me in to that. I like Kei more coz Miyako looks to me like she's on the crazy side (just an opinion^^). Though I am not against the pairing in the end even if Kei did not get what she wants. She's better off without him anyway. =3

Did we watch the same ef?
Of course Miyako's a bit crazy, didn't you watch the whole episode about her backstory? (episode 7)

Also:
"Do you know about this story? They did an experiment before."
"An experiment?"
"What kind of stuff a baby would say if it was brought up without anyone ever talking to it."
"There's no way it would be able to say anything."
"Half right."
"Half?"
"Not only couldn't it say anything, but it died as well."
"What a sad story."
"In my case, I didn't die, and I can still talk properly."
She was obviously not an actual experimentee, but you can see how she was affected.

So yeah, she's a bit off.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

200 by PrawnGuard »»
Aug 14, 9:14 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Way15 - Oct 22, 2007

65 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 24, 3:16 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Oct 16, 2007

94 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Oct 10, 2007

132 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 23, 7:37 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Dec 4, 2007

187 by Miryy »»
Jul 11, 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.