Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
Who is the worst character in the series?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2013 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
Kyousuke without a doubt. Fucking doormat.
Jun 28, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Kirino, by far. She is the anti-example of how to make a likeable character.

Will episode 13 change my stance? I really hope so. Because otherwise this series will get a really low score from me.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 28, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
gamer2710 said:

This is the second time you say this but I hate to break it to you Kirino is not supposed to be a likable character.
Jun 28, 2013 6:33 PM

Mar 2011
Manami is the only correct answer and if you think otherwise, you are wrong.
Jun 28, 2013 6:34 PM

Apr 2013
Up until one week ago, I'd have voted for Kirino.
But after hearing about some of the LN's background info? Manami
Jun 28, 2013 6:37 PM

Dec 2012
I think people are gonna treat this as ( Worst = the one I hate the most).
Jun 28, 2013 6:37 PM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:

This is the second time you say this but I hate to break it to you Kirino is not supposed to be a likable character.
Ya, I don't get what's up everyone's asses.

The correct answer is Kyousuke - because he's got the power to turn this into a 2nd Yosuga no Sora but doesn't.
Jun 28, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2012
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:

Yeah she is. Why would the other characters break their back trying to get Kyosuke and her to get along if she wasn't trying to be likeable?
Jun 28, 2013 6:50 PM

Dec 2012
gamer2710 said:
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:

Yeah she is. Why would the other characters break their back trying to get Kyosuke and her to get along if she wasn't likeable?

What? a likable character is a character that is liked by the majority of the watchers/readers.

Other characters like her for different reasons.
Kyousuke : He admires her determination etc and he is a siscon. He used to ignore her before because she was cold to him.
Kuroneko : She didn't like her from the beginning because she found her annoying and they always fought so of course she didn't think she is likable but they bonded blah blah and became good friends.
Ayase: Kirino's personality is school is different, she is loved and adored by everyone she is a top student, athlete, model, etc.
Kanako: same ^

If the author wanted to make her a likable character, he wouldn't have made her a spoiled brat who treats her brother like shit and he would have shown her ''dere'' side more. Kirino is supposed to be a unlikable character from the start who shows her sweet side as she develops as a character, that's the whole idea of a ''tsundere''.
Jun 28, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2011
Ayase, obviously. She's a terrible written, unlikeable yandere-wannabe who's just there to be a bitch and a part of Kyousuke's harem.
Jun 28, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:

So because she's not supposed to be likeable.. you're not allowed to not like her? Huh?
Jun 28, 2013 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
sakuraoogami said:
Ayase, obviously. She's a terrible written, unlikeable yandere-wannabe who's just there to be a bitch and a part of Kyousuke's harem.

Oh and this chick knows what's up. Ayase by far. Kirino at least has her redeeming deredere qualities.
Jun 28, 2013 7:02 PM

Dec 2012
ihateeveryone said:
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:

So because she's not supposed to be likeable.. you're not allowed to not like her? Huh?

Your reading comprehension is shit.
Jun 28, 2013 7:04 PM

Dec 2011
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:
tsudecimo said:
gamer2710 said:

Yeah she is. Why would the other characters break their back trying to get Kyosuke and her to get along if she wasn't likeable?

What? a likable character is a character that is liked by the majority of the watchers/readers.

Other characters like her for different reasons.
Kyousuke : He admires her determination etc and he is a siscon. He used to ignore her before because she was cold to him.
Kuroneko : She didn't like her from the beginning because she found her annoying and they always fought so of course she didn't think she is likable but they bonded blah blah and became good friends.
Ayase: Kirino's personality is school is different, she is loved and adored by everyone she is a top student, athlete, model, etc.
Kanako: same ^

If the author wanted to make her a likable character, he wouldn't have made her a spoiled brat who treats her brother like shit and he would have shown her ''dere'' side more. Kirino is supposed to be a unlikable character from the start who shows her sweet side as she develops as a character, that's the whole idea of a ''tsundere''.

Here's the problem: Kirino's character development is shit and resets every two episodes or so. She's terribly written, treats everyone around her like shit and her being dere for one scene or two and then going back to being a cunt is, I'm sorry to inform, not character development, but the signs of a horrible-written tsundere character.
Jun 28, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:
sakuraoogami said:
Oh and this chick knows what's up. Ayase by far. Kirino at least has her redeeming deredere qualities.
I can't really fault Ayase for that since, according to some people, the second season was terribly rushed and major parts of her story were cut out. She's the runner-up in my vote, though.
sakuraoogami said:
Here's the problem: Kirino's character development is shit and resets every two episodes or so. She's terribly written, treats everyone around her like shit and her being dere for one scene or two and then going back to being a cunt is, I'm sorry to inform, not character development, but the signs of a horrible-written tsundere character.
That's the point I was trying to make. They tried to make her likeable by presenting situations in which we'd cheer her on, but they all failed. Fake boyfriend? Aftermath of Kuroneko's breakup at the hot springs town? Nope. Try again.
gamer2710Jun 28, 2013 7:07 PM
Jun 28, 2013 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
sakuraoogami said:

You make it seem like I am defending Kirino, I don't really like her if anything I dislike her greatly. I'm only saying that she is not supposed to be a likable character and how the concept of a tsundere is supposed to work. As for her being a ''badly written'' character, I think that the fault of the show and how terribly paced it is. The novel is better and more detailed from what I heard.

She did have character development, I wouldn't call it great or amazing but it's there.
Jun 28, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
tsudecimo said:
As for her being a ''badly written'' character, I think that the fault of the show and how terribly paced it is. The novel is better and more detailed from what I heard.
I just made the same argument for Ayase, though Kirino got the short end of the stick because she had more screen time than Ayase.
Jun 28, 2013 7:23 PM

Dec 2011
tsudecimo said:
sakuraoogami said:

You make it seem like I am defending Kirino, I don't really like her if anything I dislike her greatly. I'm only saying that she is not supposed to be a likable character and how the concept of a tsundere is supposed to work. As for her being a ''badly written'' character, I think that the fault of the show and how terribly paced it is. The novel is better and more detailed from what I heard.

She did have character development, I wouldn't call it great or amazing but it's there.

Well you sure sound like you're defending her, sorry for being mistaken. But my point is that tsundere characters =/= characters not meant to be likeable. I mean, Kuroneko can be considered a tsundere too, but is she an unlikeable bitch 99% of her screentime? No. There are tons of tsundere characters out there that are likeable even with their agressive side: Senjougahara, Taiga, Kyou, Sena, Haruhi, Kurisu, Kagami, Ayano, Aoyama, Saya, and these are only from the top of my head. Kirino being so unlikeable shows a huge fault of the show with her character.

And also, I know she had character development, like in the specials, for example... But it resets. Her character development keeps reseting. Whenever she starts to become more honest with her feelings and a little softer, she goes back at being an immature bitch right on the next episode.
Jun 28, 2013 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
gamer2710 said:
ihateeveryone said:
sakuraoogami said:
I can't really fault Ayase for that since, according to some people, the second season was terribly rushed and major parts of her story were cut out. She's the runner-up in my vote, though.

Thing is, I didn't like her at all in the first season either. I despised the way she treated and came about Kirino's hobby. I may not like Kirino, but come on. The way she came about it was totally unnecessary and just completely bitchy, acting like her friend was a complete and total FREAK because of it. Not only that, but her personality in general is something I don't like, especially that wannabe-yandere side of her I'm already not a fan of yanderes so seeing her go so yandere in the second season doesn't help at all.
Jun 28, 2013 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
sakuraoogami said:
tsudecimo said:
sakuraoogami said:

Well you sure sound like you're defending her, sorry for being mistaken. But my point is that tsundere characters =/= characters not meant to be likeable. I mean, Kuroneko can be considered a tsundere too, but is she an unlikeable bitch 99% of her screentime? No. There are tons of tsundere characters out there that are likeable even with their agressive side: Senjougahara, Taiga, Kyou, Sena, Haruhi, Kurisu, Kagami, Ayano, Aoyama, Saya, and these are only from the top of my head. Kirino being so unlikeable shows a huge fault of the show with her character.

And also, I know she had character development, like in the specials, for example... But it resets. Her character development keeps reseting. Whenever she starts to become more honest with her feelings and a little softer, she goes back at being an immature bitch right on the next episode.

I'm talking about Kirino specifically not every tsundere. I agree that a tsundere can be a likable character, Kuroneko is more like a dandere maybe I don't know. Kirino is just a violent and an excessive tsundere and those are generally disliked by the majority.

You see that's the problem with Kirino and any other generic tsundere the industry makes these days. They are making them bipolar more than anything, a good tsundere character is not supposed to switch from cold to hot randomly and she is not supposed to reset to her original personality after every little character development.
A tsundere is supposed to start as cold and dishonest with her feelings and then gradually become sweet and more open with her feelings to have proper character development that doesn't get reset basically.
Jun 28, 2013 7:51 PM

Mar 2011
Who said Kirino was supposed to be a stereotypical tsundere?
Jun 28, 2013 7:53 PM

Dec 2012
ThisIsDK said:
Who said Kirino was supposed to be a stereotypical tsundere?

She is a one, so I don't get what you are implying.
Jun 28, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:

You're saying she's poorly written because she doesn't act how a tsundere is "supposed to" act.

I'm asking why you think characters are supposed to act a certain way.
ThisIsDKJun 28, 2013 8:03 PM
Jun 28, 2013 9:20 PM

Dec 2012
ThisIsDK said:
tsudecimo said:

You're saying she's poorly written because she doesn't act how a tsundere is "supposed to" act.

I'm asking why you think characters are supposed to act a certain way.

It's not because she doesn't act a certain way, but because she is poorly developed as far as the anime is concerned. Her personality is not supposed to reset after each development she has. She is a generic tsundere whether that's makes her a good or bad character depends on the execution on how good she is developed.

Good tsundere are not stereotypical and generic they are rare if anything.
Jun 28, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:
Her personality is not supposed to reset after each development she has.

That doesn't happen, but okay then. Opinions are opinions.
Jun 28, 2013 9:48 PM

Sep 2008
There are a lot of shitty characters in this show.

Manami
Kyousuke
Kirino

Also Saori is a really boring character.

The author is pretty bad at creating likeable characters.
Jun 28, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
Kirino. I don't care if she's not supposed to be a "Likeable" character. She's still annoying, a bitch and for gods noes whatever else.
Jun 28, 2013 11:39 PM

Nov 2010
I don't understand if someone hates one of the main characters(like kirino), why even watch the show?
Jun 29, 2013 12:14 AM

Sep 2011
hgeronimo said:
I don't understand if someone hates one of the main characters(like kirino), why even watch the show?

Why don't you ask that for every other show? It's the same answer. There's other characters.
Jun 29, 2013 1:02 AM

Oct 2012
It is very easy for me to see how Kirino attracts so much dislike.

However, it is a big surprise to me that Manami Tamura is the second-most
disliked character.

She is the archetypal "childhood friend" ( osana najimi / 幼馴染 ) that comes
up again and again in anime series. In fact, she seems to be one of the
more successful examples. She has a very functional relationship with
Kyousuke, mutually respectful and supportive. Kyousuke is able to share
very, very sensitive personal information with Manami without any concern
that she will spread his secrets around. She doesn't get jealous when
Kyousuke has other women in his life. She is able to get along with Kirino
quite well. She is fantastic at cooking and cleaning. She is broadly
knowledgeable about things like how to find an SNS discussion group to
talk about a hobby. She seems to have avoided most of the emotional
hangups that we often see childhood friends struggle with. She even
organized a housewarming party when Kyousuke moved out on his own.

My only criticism of Manami is that she is pushing people to consume large
amounts of sugar.
Jun 29, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2012
Well, Ayase is the only character I like, and maybe Ruri, so I'll vote Kirino :|.

Funny how people expect moeblob characters to be well written.
Jun 29, 2013 1:08 AM

Aug 2012
ThisIsDK said:

This.
.................................................................................
Jun 29, 2013 2:26 AM

Oct 2010
sakuraoogami said:
Jun 29, 2013 3:48 AM

Oct 2010
Kirino. She's been a consistent bitch throughout the entire series and hasn't gotten any better. Just when you think she may start to get a little better by showing signs of a non-bitchy personality, she reverts back the very next episode.
Jun 29, 2013 5:29 AM

May 2010
Usually I'd go with Kirino, because the only thing she deserves is being hit by a train, but lately Kyousuke is fucking around so much, that I really start to hate him. In the first season he was just annoying older brother, but now he has turned into your usual harem lead, arhhgh.

Tyrel said:
hgeronimo said:

Why don't you ask that for every other show? It's the same answer. There's other characters.

That's about right, Kuroneko FTW.
Jun 29, 2013 6:14 AM

May 2013
JUST VOTE OFF THAT CHILDHOOD FRIEND MANAMI!! >.<
Tch.
Jun 29, 2013 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
after finished reading the LN, i guess it's Manami.. but the worst doesn't mean that i hate her..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 29, 2013 8:30 AM

Aug 2012
I'm surprised that Manami is the runner-up. But I guess people picked "worst character" = "character you hate the most" for most people.

It's not surprising that the next two are Kuroneko and Ayase, though.
Jun 29, 2013 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
Kirino, nuff said.
Jun 29, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
ThisIsDK said:

Manami is just annoying and awful. the end
Jun 29, 2013 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
Depends upon how you view "worst":

In universe, I would have to say Manami, hands down. Given that she essentially engineered the train wreck of a relationship that is Kyousuke and Kirino, she deserves every dishonor imaginable.

On a "meta" level, I would pick Kirino, however. From my limited understanding of the Light Novel source material, the animators did a horrible job adapting her character, doing far more damage to how she would have/could have/should have been perceived than with the other characters mentioned.

(When adapting tsundere characters into an anime, remember to adapt both the tsun and the dere parts, not just the tsun. Please, with sugar on top.)
Jun 29, 2013 2:19 PM

Mar 2012
Manami is the biggest piece of shit ever.
Jun 29, 2013 2:26 PM

Sep 2012
ninja88880 said:
Manami is the biggest piece of shit ever.

This. Like seriously.
Jun 29, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2012
I'm confused, are we saying who we consider the worst written or the worst as in unlikable?

At the end of the first season I definitely felt it was Kirino for both but at least she had some development and calmed the hell down with the violence this time around. Kyousuke on the other hand actually got worse imo as the series went on and just kept coming off as more and more pathetic.
Jun 29, 2013 9:56 PM

Aug 2012
Kirino and Manami
Jun 30, 2013 1:09 AM

Nov 2012
I've never liked Manami since I started watching this series, and after learning about her sociopathic backstory and general role in Kyousuke's life, I have only solidified my view of her as the worst character.

Seriously. I don't think I've ever hated a character so much before.

They really needed to have lengthened this season by a few episodes so important (in my opinion) details like Kyousuke's past could be better explained or adapted; this season felt really rushed.
Jun 30, 2013 1:11 AM

Oct 2012
i choose kirino.. since the best char for me is too obvious its kuroneko.

Jun 30, 2013 1:12 AM

Mar 2011
Kirino was leading the poll by like 15-20 votes before episode 13 aired.

Now, as of this post, Manami is up by 1.
Jun 30, 2013 1:20 AM

Nov 2007
ThisIsDK said:
Kirino was leading the poll by like 15-20 votes before episode 13 aired.

Now, as of this post, Manami is up by 1.

I remember it was 40-25 for Kirino-Manami, last time I checked... now it's 40-42. Kirino's count didn't even change in favour of Manami, lol.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

475 by tony328 »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.