Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 3, 2011 10:28 PM

Sep 2008
I don't know about you, but yandere/yangiri makes me more excited than any other trope in anime. Even thinking about it sends shockwaves of delirious euphoria through my veins. Something about seeing cute anime girls turn into blood-covered psychopaths just drives me crazy like nothing else can. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's got this obsession.

So here's the question: Should there be more of it?
We've seen qualities approaching it in a few characters recently (Ayase from Ore no Imouto, and Tsukasa Ayatsuji from Amagami SS come to mind), but full-blown yandere/yangiri is few and far between. Where are all my cute, crazy, fucked-up anime girls?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2011 12:51 AM

Sep 2010
ayase is yandere?
anyhow ill stick to the good old tsundere <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
Definitely...one thing that will get a rise out of me is obsessive/possessive moé characters which I feel there is not enough of in anime.

Few girls I would love to see go that route this season(finger's crossed):
ScryptMar 4, 2011 1:17 AM
Mar 4, 2011 1:33 AM

Dec 2010
Don't know what people like about them. They start out as the usual boring super nice girl, then turn into cheap slapstick deliviery and end up with the boy saying whatever she wants to hear him say just to make sure he doesn't wake up with a dagger in his back.

Of course there're better ones but then I'd prefer unique personalites over the usual archtypes.
Mar 4, 2011 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
@scrypt, i dont think homura is going go yandere on us,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 2:55 AM

Jan 2010
Keep them dere-dere please.
I quite prefer that!

Cold women opening up = win.

Affectionate, sweet women which have been wronged, and revealed to be psychopaths deep down because of it, is not.
Mar 4, 2011 3:45 AM

Jun 2010
only extreme yandere character i ever watched was Kotonoha from School Days...she went insane...there are minor ones like Kaede from Shuffle! though
Mar 4, 2011 3:45 AM
Feb 2011
Some real yandere girls like Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki I just would love to see in anime :D
It would pure awesomeness if there would be more yandere/yangire girls in anime.

Damn, I just saw that I voted on the wrong option :/
Mar 4, 2011 4:54 AM

Mar 2009
I would like that though I'm not particularly a fan of yandere characters.
Mar 4, 2011 5:18 AM

Aug 2010
I would definitely like to see a full-blown yandere/yangire, but I guess I'm kind of alone in that.
Mar 4, 2011 6:04 AM

Aug 2008
Nigatsu said:
Some real yandere girls like Gasai Yuno from Mirai Nikki I just would love to see in anime :D
It would pure awesomeness if there would be more yandere/yangire girls in anime.

yes we need Mirai Nikki to get a series. Yuno is the ultimate yandere. there are so few yandere in anime.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Mar 4, 2011 6:18 AM

Jan 2011
Kyzix said:
Nigatsu said:

yes we need Mirai Nikki to get a series. Yuno is the ultimate yandere. there are so few yandere in anime.

Agreed. Yandere are quite rare if compared to Tsundere imo D:>
*chops*
Mar 4, 2011 6:46 AM

Apr 2008
I'd like to see more yandere/yangire in anime. As prone as they are to cookie-cutter counterparts, I still like how dramatic the trope can get, and that, to make, makes a series a little more exciting.
Mar 4, 2011 6:49 AM

Apr 2009
I'd like to see more yangire characters. *O*

Well, same goes for yandere.
But... Hm, in theory, I love yandere characters, I've even watched a few anime solely because they had a yandere character in them, but they[the characters] somehow always end up annoying me in the end Oo
The only yandere character that I absolutely love is Vincent (Pandora Hearts)
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 4, 2011 8:31 AM

Sep 2008
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?

Nope, she's not, which is unfortunate.
But there were definitely some yangire vibes when she first snapped at Kirino.
Mar 4, 2011 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
I want more cute obsessive yandere mothers like Tomoko Sado.

Mar 4, 2011 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
Knil said:
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?

isnt she suppose to have a yandere nice boat style ending in the eroge adaption tohugh?
Mar 4, 2011 11:27 AM

Dec 2007
Knil said:
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?

She is yandere in the game.
(which is NOT an eroge like someone metioned)

Also, more Yandere are always welcome.
Mar 4, 2011 11:34 AM

Nov 2008
PandaCubCup said:
Knil said:
I don't know about you, but yandere/yangiri makes me more excited than any other trope in anime. Even thinking about it sends shockwaves of delirious euphoria through my veins. Something about seeing cute anime girls turn into blood-covered psychopaths just drives me crazy like nothing else can. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's got this obsession.

So here's the question: Should there be more of it?
We've seen qualities approaching it in a few characters recently (Ayase from Ore no Imouto, and Tsukasa Ayatsuji from Amagami SS come to mind), but full-blown yandere/yangiri is few and far between. Where are all my cute, crazy, fucked-up anime girls?

I think you need to get help.

I think Knil is beyond help.

Mar 4, 2011 12:19 PM

Sep 2008
nznznz said:
Don't know what people like about them. They start out as the usual boring super nice girl, then turn into cheap slapstick deliviery and end up with the boy saying whatever she wants to hear him say just to make sure he doesn't wake up with a dagger in his back.

Of course there're better ones but then I'd prefer unique personalites over the usual archtypes.

most yandere usually start out as the nice girl but it's when they go psycho that makes a series worth even watching....if most mediocre series that's aired in the last few years each had a yandere in their cast, I'd have a lot of 8's to 10's in my list. Unique personalities are a dime a dozen, and have started to join the mediocre crowd(with most doing a 180 and becoming 'normals' by end of series, just look at Laura from IS)

Leonard93 said:
@scrypt, i dont think homura is going go yandere on us,

Ultimate Yandere: Now imagine her in anime all moé moé-kyun like
Mar 4, 2011 12:25 PM

Sep 2008
Charliehsv said:
Knil said:
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?
(which is NOT an eroge like someone metioned

Ah, I figured as much. It's a pity they couldn't add this to the anime.

Hoppy said:
PandaCubCup said:
I think you need to get help.
I think Knil is beyond help.

You guys make me smile. :)
Mar 4, 2011 3:54 PM

Jan 2011
It depends on how they pull of their yandere/yangire.

I prefer the more extreme ones, but sometimes the character type can be used in such a boring way that you don't even realize it's a yandere/yangire. And that's no fun at all. :[

Still, it's my favorite type of girl (or sometimes guy) in anime and there always feels like a shortage if you compare it to all the typical tsunderes.
Mar 4, 2011 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Charliehsv said:
Knil said:
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?

eh really? sorry about that then. but ya point is that she is in it
Mar 4, 2011 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Charliehsv said:
Knil said:
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?

eh really? sorry about that then.
Mar 4, 2011 7:56 PM

Sep 2010
I don't mind more yandere C:

Mar 4, 2011 8:25 PM

Feb 2010
Nobody likes, well, normal girls nowadays?
Call me crazy but I do. Everything with -dere in it just makes me angry or, in the best cases, amuses me. I don't necessarily dislike the trope, but in real life, no thanks... ^^
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 4, 2011 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Call me crazy but I do. Everything with -dere in it just makes me angry or, in the best cases, amuses me. I don't necessarily dislike the trope, but in real life, no thanks... ^^

Yeah, irl living in fear of having your balls cut off is not too appealing, but in anime fire away with the yanderes.
Mar 4, 2011 10:23 PM

Sep 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

One of the main reasons I prefer to see anything -dere in anime(specially yandere) is that I'll never ever see it in real life. My wife's thrown a tsundere at me from time to time, but she don't count, and I don't expect to see any -dere's either outside of home. Hence why I escape to anime to get away from the "normals"
Mar 4, 2011 11:35 PM
Dec 2010
You can never have too much yandere. Like I say, love without madness or obsession, isn't love. Yandere love is the truest love.
LRMar 4, 2011 11:39 PM
Mar 5, 2011 12:23 AM

Sep 2010
I would love to see more male yanderes like Rolo (Code Geass) and Keisuke (Togainu no Chi)
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 5, 2011 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
I love Yadere girls <3
Also if someone could give me a list of some yandere girls I would truly appreciate it :)
Mar 6, 2011 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
kalaslsl said:
I love Yadere girls <3
Also if someone could give me a list of some yandere girls I would truly appreciate it :)

I'd appreciate this too xD
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 6, 2011 6:02 AM
Nov 2010
I read somewhere that Mirai Nikki will get a real anime this year.

@topic There are a lot more tsundere than yandere but this isn´t compulsively bad. Many tsundere are not unique, predictable and boring. If there was a yandere in almost every anime they wouldn´t be so complex anymore.
Real yandere will stay a rarity while yangire may become more mainstream.
Mar 7, 2011 8:24 AM

Sep 2010
nekomimiSenu said:
I read somewhere that Mirai Nikki will get a real anime this year.

@topic There are a lot more tsundere than yandere but this isn´t compulsively bad. Many tsundere are not unique, predictable and boring. If there was a yandere in almost every anime they wouldn´t be so complex anymore.

The anime is already out for mirai nikki and it's like twelve minutes and dissapointing go youtube it :/

Mar 7, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
eh, I don't mind it once in a while but I don't want to see too much of it. I prefer characters to be effed-up in a more subtle way.
Mar 8, 2011 6:54 AM

Apr 2009
taki-desu said:
The anime is already out for mirai nikki and it's like twelve minutes and dissapointing go youtube it :/

*cough*
>
>
>

nekomimiSenu said:
I read somewhere that Mirai Nikki will get a REAL anime this year.

^^
deadoptimist said:
Mar 8, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
GothicQueen said:
kalaslsl said:
I love Yadere girls <3

I'd appreciate this too xD
I'm too lazy, but there's always the anime/manga/character relations of this club.

There's also Bakaupdates for manga and TvTropes for everything else.

In particular, I'd recommend Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai for kalaslsl since you like Tsukihime. I'm not sure if she really counts as a yandere but here's what TvTropes has to say about her:

Mar 8, 2011 2:42 PM

Nov 2010
I remembered this VN called "Yandere" which is basically about a yandere harem... there are no good endings.

We all have that little quiet yandere voice inside in each in everyone of us it's just... for some people it's louder.
Mar 8, 2011 7:03 PM
Sep 2009
We definitely need more Yandere, and not the shitty ones like Yuka from 11eyes.

NEEDMOARYANDERENAOW!
Mar 8, 2011 7:50 PM

Sep 2008
nekomimiSenu said:
There are a lot more tsundere than yandere but this isn´t compulsively bad. Many tsundere are not unique, predictable and boring. If there was a yandere in almost every anime they wouldn´t be so complex anymore.

The problem is that yandere doesn't work the same way as most of the other tropes in anime. Tsunderes are fine to throw in anywhere because they can just be a ongoing thing for a show to fall back on when it needs a cute moment or some comic relief. It's a simple formula really - just poke and aggravate your tsundere a bit and she's sure to churn out some cheap entertainment for the fans, without it actually leading anywhere.

Yanderes can never serve this type of long-term purpose. Every time you "poke" your yandere, she's gaining momentum, and when she snaps, your show is fucking done. There's no way around it. Someone will die, and it won't be cute, it won't be funny, it won't be something where you can just laugh and move on (although I probably will). It'll be demented, and it'll be the end of your plotline.

That's why we almost never see casual yandere in anime. It's very difficult for them to not take over the shows they're in.
Mar 8, 2011 8:17 PM

Feb 2010
Yandere..... Yandere is hot....
Best animes are yandere. Its best when they are obsessed with them
Yangire, eh maybe,
Mar 9, 2011 8:37 AM

Aug 2010
Madcat_Zam said:
I remembered this VN called "Yandere" which is basically about a yandere harem... there are no good endings.

I would think there would be no good endings, haha.

That's the thing with yandere, the ending it most likely not going to be pretty.
Mar 9, 2011 8:47 AM
May 2009
Mar 9, 2011 11:13 AM

Nov 2010
prismheart said:

That's the thing with yandere, the ending it most likely not going to be pretty.

I guess, one possibly good ending would be getting out alive.
Mar 9, 2011 11:44 AM

Nov 2008
Madcat_Zam said:
prismheart said:

I guess, one possibly good ending would be getting out alive.

There's no escaping from a yandere, he/she will find you where you least expect it and you will die sooner or later. The only way to survive to love the yandere until death does you part and hope the yandere dies before you because if not, expect him/her to fondle your corpse until it's ashes.

Mar 9, 2011 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
The reason why you think you like Yandere personality characters is because yanderes are initially a very loving person but if you do something which breaks this trust THEN she will not be able to accept this which creates guilt within you making you sympathize with this yandere character.

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Mar 9, 2011 1:42 PM

Aug 2008
The reason why you think you like Yandere personality characters is because yanderes are initially a very loving person but if you do something which breaks this trust THEN she will not be able to accept this which creates guilt within you making you sympathize with this yandere character.

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Mar 9, 2011 3:50 PM

Nov 2010
I hate to ruin the party but I really REALLY hate yandere girls. Who are they? They just nothing but glorified emo girls who cut's someone's heads than their own wrists. Yes homicidal emos instead of suicidal ones.

I HATE YOU ALL! NOW DIE!!!
YOU STOLE MY BOYFRIEND! NOW DIE!!!

Actually I don't have much problems with canon ones but what really annoys me the non-canon ones like Ui Hirasawa from K-On for example. There just too many fanarts featuring her with knives and occasionally blood. Ui is never yandere to begin with but fans just can't get enough of it.
Mar 9, 2011 5:34 PM

Dec 2010
Leonard93 said:
ayase is yandere?
anyhow ill stick to the good old tsundere <3

Agreed.

Mar 9, 2011 7:41 PM

Jun 2009
Joyce_Steele said:
I hate to ruin the party but I really REALLY hate yandere girls. Who are they? They just nothing but glorified emo girls who cut's someone's heads than their own wrists. Yes homicidal emos instead of suicidal ones.

I HATE YOU ALL! NOW DIE!!!
YOU STOLE MY BOYFRIEND! NOW DIE!!!

Actually I don't have much problems with canon ones but what really annoys me the non-canon ones like Ui Hirasawa from K-On for example. There just too many fanarts featuring her with knives and occasionally blood. Ui is never yandere to begin with but fans just can't get enough of it.
Yanderes caused your waifu to be derailed by fanart. That means that they all must be emo.

ok
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» This is a serious question. So answer seriously...

LenRea - 28 minutes ago

9 by FanofAction »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » what is your stance on "i don't wanna watch that anime, the art style sucks" ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Yesterday

71 by Kruszer »»
11 minutes ago

» the race to WcDonald's ep 1 and the rest not added?

Berry-Vodka - Yesterday

8 by zombie_pegasus »»
16 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - 5 hours ago

23 by APolygons2 »»
22 minutes ago

» Is flowing hair animation just poor man's gainaxing?

Catalano - 7 hours ago

8 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.