Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 7:57 AM
Jan 2024
what do you think? for me Doga Kobo is cooking fr, it's a great episode after all, the animations, the visuals are amazing, now I regret reading the Light Novel first because now watching the anime I know everything lmaooo
LighTing4321Jul 17, 8:01 AM
Jul 17, 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
Our Alya-san is happy because of kuze-kun. they're made for each other. Those who makes our Alya-san Sad or Unhappy shall be punished with death penalty 😒 No Mercy.

Folk Dance Scene was the best scene of this episode.

Alya-san's first time hides her feelings in Russian with this line "Just when I'd thought you were so cool last night." 🤣

Alya-chan says we're just friends & the story tells you both are just more than friends but less than lovers 😂.

Masha-san is definitely the girl from the past (for whom he studied Russian like crazy) & Sa-kun is Kuze-kun.

Kuze-kun's Past seems rough, their parents divorced & he had live separately from his mother and sister, i feel sad😢.

Kuze-kun definitely felt familiar love from Masha-san.

Beautiful Wonderful Folk Dance Scene💓.

Lol 🤣 that doll definitely represents Alya-san's reaction.
Ricky16Jul 17, 10:25 AM
Jul 17, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
The start of it all...

Your very barebone typical backstory of how one of the main leads ended up catching feelings for the other main lead. It's the lesson of having to realize that you need allies and can't do everything by yourself yadda yadda yadda. To which in a way, I do kinda like that Alya falling for Masachika wasn't that stupid "fAlLiNg iN LoVe aT FiRsT SiGhT" troupe that's been overdone, and that it was gradual and because he shined a light in the dark that was Alya not thinking allies were needed.

Gotta say though, no way this Masachika and the current Masachika are the same, because past Masachika actually had the balls to do something like grab Alya and save her from dancing with those other dudes. But the present one can't say something simple as "I know you speak Russian btw". Okay lol. And just great, here comes the love triangle doesn't it... with the sis of the already established main love interest no less. Really hope this isn't the case though, really hope.

What a klutz Masha is lol. Complete opposite of her "goddess" sister.

Jul 17, 7:59 AM

May 2020
If being the prettiest girl in some town doesn’t get you support from people around, then not sure what else would lol. I don’t understand such reasoning, but yeah in the end I guess they just wanted to put across the point that how this guy helped Alya when nobody did… when they first met. Also lol, all you just have to do is be unremarkable but good by heart, and things would work out for you… it did for our guy.

Cultural festival was part of the flashback, that’s why I guess they didn’t entirely try to flesh out the things, except how the duo might have danced in the end, and how this was enough for Alya to fall for Masachika. Also yeah, guy has got the hots from both the sisters. If that flashback from the first episode was meant to be something, we can guess to a certain extent who that girl was. Anyway, that last bit explains why the main siblings have different surnames.
Jul 17, 8:02 AM

Jan 2020
The "madonna" Masha has made her appearance. Oh gosh, I like the moment of what she did to Kuze in the final scene though.

Anyway, since Alya's backstory as well as how she first met Kuze are revealed I'm sure something exciting will happen soon enough!
RaiYouJul 17, 8:12 AM

Jul 17, 8:06 AM

Feb 2024
Tell us briefly about episode 3, no spoilers

For now, I’ll add that I like this title, the Russian language sounds funny and, as a native speaker, I think it’s cute
Jul 17, 8:14 AM

Jul 2017
An episode with plenty of flashback content that showcased Alya's personality and isolation growing up in Russia from others, nothing tragic by any means but she does not see eye to eye with fellow students over there, especially her teammates for her project that put in no effort or care compared to what she was doing and contributing. Similar feelings were hinted later in her life too in Japan when planning the cultural festival activities for her class till the seemingly lazy bum that was Kuze helped her out and managed to pull off a good event that brought everyone together. Nothing overly dramatic that made Alya care for him but the annoying charm he displayed and the willingness to help out underneath his lazy exterior managed to impress her well enough throughout time to be a key figure she thinks about often. Felt like when processing the episode, it wasn't necessarily a mindblowing episode but not all flashback content needs to be. It was simple enough to work and present why Alya fell for him believably, although some light novel elements do come through with Masha, Alya's sister being introduced here and her keychain seemingly of her love, and how seeing his face and hearing his name might have triggered some past memories. Kind of hints potentially the flashback from the previous episode in some ways. I mean he isn't the worst guy imaginable to have a pair of sisters or women fall for him compared to the average loser with absolutely no redeemable value nor charisma to them.

It was okay. Not an episode that had me care too much about what was happening backstory-wise (not that interesting or emotional either) but it did its job in fleshing out Alya's backstory and her friendship being formed with Masachika as well as also showcasing to some degree at the end, why Yuki and Masachika have different surnames despite being blood related siblings. It wasn't by any means a waste of time but felt pretty flat the entire time watching it.

Will say this though, don't know Russian in real life but man, Alya's Russian which already sounds a bit iffy was levels above the Russian heard elsewhere in the episode throughout the Russian-portion of the flashback. That made it a bit more difficult to invest myself in Alya's backstory beyond the boring nature of what was happening in the first place. The portion in Japan was better comparatively.
Jul 17, 8:20 AM
Apr 2021
In this episode, Does Masha know about Masachika Kuze is her childhood friend?

While watching, I wondered about her expression when she meets Masachika Kuze🤔
Jul 17, 8:22 AM

Apr 2010
Well we got some history and it was nice to see how the couple met.
I have to say tho those classmates that asked Alya for a dance where pretty aggressive in trying to win her over.
We also met Alya's sister who seems to live in her own world which created some funny moment the ending with the Plushie cat watching was a nice metaphor.
The question i am most wondering about right now is what Alya will find out that Yuki and the main are siblings.
I also wonder about the history of her sister and the main since i thought the girl he met at the playground was Alya but it seems i was wrong.
Jul 17, 8:26 AM
Feb 2024
The beginning of their relationship was so sweet 。゚(゚´ω`゚)゚。
She tried to do everything all by herself, and didn’t think anyone would ever be able help or wouldn’t be as motivated as her. I love that he not only saw that, but called her out on that and figured out the best solution. If she kept going down that path, things could have gone very badly for her later in life.
I love his reasoning behind asking if he can call her by her name, too. That’s awesome🤣
Okay but when he said “Sorry boys, she’s taken.” (*≧∀≦*) I LOVE THEM TOGETHER SO MUCHHHHHH

Nooooooo, but Masha remembers himmmm
(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) nooooooooo, NOOOOOO, of course it was her older sister 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
Aaaagghhhhhhh
Jul 17, 8:35 AM
Jul 2023
seems like the supposed childhood friend is her sister and she already seems to have a boyfriend, this is gonna be one hell of a drama. Although not really a fan of such harem plots, looking forward to the next episode
Jul 17, 8:37 AM
Jul 2023
Swyzen said:
Tell us briefly about episode 3, no spoilers

For now, I’ll add that I like this title, the Russian language sounds funny and, as a native speaker, I think it’s cute

that russian childhood friend seems to have made the entry (not too sure tho)
Jul 17, 8:38 AM

Feb 2019
Fantastic episode, love how they handled Alya’s backstory and showed there’s so much more to her and this story than goonposters on Twitter make it seem.

Growing up, Alya was such a hard worker and put a tremendous amount of effort into getting where she is. Everyone thinks of her as the picture perfect beauty queen, but she’s studied her ass off and put countless hours in to be successful. When she was a kid, all she wanted was someone who could match that energy and understand. Obviously didn’t work out in elementary school with all the kids wanting to take shortcuts, but things all change for the better when she met Kuze.

He may not be a genius, but he’s a reliable hard worker who was probably the first person Alya had truly connected with on an intimate level and taught her some important life lessons. Honestly really empathise with Alya in this one. it makes total sense to want to put your best foot forward with anything your name is attached to. It’s a very good habit to have going forward in life, but you also have to be able to meet people where they’re at as Kuze showed her making the festival a huge success!

The “sorry she’s taken” scene was so well done as expected of Doga Kobo and from that moment on, Alya and Kuze’s life would never be the same. For all her smarts, it’s hilarious Alya herself doesn’t see that as the very obvious start of a love story, luckily her sister can see what the audience can lmao.

Speaking of Masha, she and Yuki are my best girls and I’m happy she’s finally introduced. Things are going to get really wild now lol. I need her to tell me everything’s gonna be ok, like she did to Kuze at the end of the episode minus the coffee spilling

Awesome episode
Marinate1016Jul 17, 10:12 AM
Jul 17, 8:38 AM
Jan 2023
the anime was good and all but theres a lot of scenes that weren't included, got cut, or changed from the original and those were the good scenes
SparkmeJul 17, 9:30 AM
Jul 17, 8:40 AM

Jul 2016
Laid back yet ultimately dependable chads are lowkey the best kind of chad.

Sheesh Kuze's screams of raw pain from getting scalded with tea made me flinch so hard, especially with Misha delivering soothing head rubs literally just a moment ago
Jul 17, 8:41 AM

Oct 2016
man, Yukiyo sounds so good as Masha, i almost didnt recognized her as Kayoko's VA (day 1 BA player, but i dont exactly love Kayoko)

im officially an omega fan now
Jul 17, 8:49 AM

Dec 2023
Looks like they are making a harem anime with the side characters being better than the main girl.

Why do we need another harem? I'm not liking the direction this show is taking.

The animation is really good tho
Jul 17, 8:55 AM
Mar 2017
A flashback ep that I really like at the moment, and Doga Kobo changes the ending song for each episode
Jul 17, 9:04 AM
Jul 2023
Ah finally, onee-chan. This episode is about the past, while Alya moved on for her’s, Masha past returns to her.

Personally waiting further revelation with high anticipation.
Jul 17, 9:06 AM
Dec 2020
I swear to god I have the same behaviour as the kuzo has but not even a single girl in my school likes me
only in anime guys
Jul 17, 9:07 AM

Aug 2022
Masachika and Alya have probably known each other for a long time, so their chemistry is very strong now.

Then there is still the puzzle of who the person Masha is referring to is still a big question mark.

Also I'm curious and want to know more about Masachika's past.

RafaBryanJul 17, 9:11 AM
Dec 2023
Nice Masha introduction. Next up, Ayano?
Jun 2023
Damn!! Everyone who thought that Alya was the childhood friend.. IT WAS ACTUALLY HER BIG SIS! That was a crazy twist that I wasn't expecting honestly wow
Jul 17, 9:12 AM
Jan 2020
Peak adaptation. Best adapted episode thus far. My only complaint is that they didn't animate Masachika and Alya dancing gracefully. Masachika could barely keep up with Alya's dancing. But it was splendid. Other than that, perfect.

9.7/10.
Jul 17, 9:13 AM

Oct 2017
Yep knew it, it was Alya's sister. If it wasn't gonna be Alya then the obvious answer would be her sister. Love Masha, such a great girl. She sounds lovely with Yukiyo Fujii's voice. She found out right? Did she just back off thinking of Alya? When will Masachika know? Love Masha, I'm gonna get so conflicted.

Alya's backstory with Masachika was nice, she fell for him hard.
Jul 17, 9:14 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Autoparts_22
Looks like they are making a harem anime with the side characters being better than the main girl.

Why do we need another harem? I'm not liking the direction this show is taking.

The animation is really good tho
@Autoparts_22 It's not. Someone's drawing early conclusions.
Jul 17, 9:17 AM
Jun 2019
uooh peak fiction
Jul 17, 9:17 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Sparkme
the anime was good and all but theres a lot of scenes that weren't included, got cut, or changed from the original and those were the good scenes
@Sparkme The anime follows the source material, the LN. And as an LN reader, out of all the three episodes, this was the more better adaptation. I'm very content with the adaptation. My only complaint is that they skipped Alya's and Masachika's dance. It was superb in the LN. Had they animated it, would've been perfect. But the rest of the adaptation was so good that it makes up for it.
Jul 17, 9:19 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to sui_cho
Nice Masha introduction. Next up, Ayano?
@sui_cho Episode 5.
Jul 17, 9:20 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to aurora_yuuki
@Sparkme The anime follows the source material, the LN. And as an LN reader, out of all the three episodes, this was the more better adaptation. I'm very content with the adaptation. My only complaint is that they skipped Alya's and Masachika's dance. It was superb in the LN. Had they animated it, would've been perfect. But the rest of the adaptation was so good that it makes up for it.
@aurora_yuuki yeah i was excited about the dance but they didn't include it which sucks
Jul 17, 9:20 AM
Apr 2022
Sparkme said:
the anime was good and all but theres a lot of scenes that weren't included, got cut, or changed from the original and those were the good scenes. also the anime skipped too much of the manga's chapter

manga isn't source material for this anime. The manga isn't canon.
Jul 17, 9:24 AM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode It was nice seeing Smol Alya and learning the story of how she met Kuze.
Jul 17, 9:28 AM

Jan 2023
It was a cute and fun flashback story for the both of them.
We also learnt why the mc and his sister do not live together and have different last names.

Unfortunately for Alya, it seems like her big sister might be her most serious love rival? we'll see where it goes I guess.
Jul 17, 9:28 AM

Feb 2021
I think the dance in the OP is ballet. Not sure tho, don't know anything about dancing.

Omg the handwriting on the board in the flashback is perfect. It's exactly how they taught us to write (And I feel like I'm the only one who still writes Russian like that). Also while the pronunciation in that whole segment was awkward, the actual sentences, grammar etc. were really natural. With how much unnatural English I see in Japanese media, this is really surprising.

It is true that in Russian you can make pretty much any noun a diminutive and make it sound more "affectionate" and "cute".

22:10 Here he switched from 僕 (boku) to more rough 俺 (ore) (both meaning "I, me"), which I guess means that he's acting tough.

ALYA GET YOUR MAN FAST HE'S ABOUT TO GET STOLEN
Changing EDs every episode was completely unexpected btw, now I'm really looking forward to each one.
Yeah, this anime is gold, I'm absolutely loving it.
EmbientJul 17, 9:35 AM
Jul 17, 9:33 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to AuStErPlAy_2301
Sparkme said:
the anime was good and all but theres a lot of scenes that weren't included, got cut, or changed from the original and those were the good scenes. also the anime skipped too much of the manga's chapter

manga isn't source material for this anime. The manga isn't canon.
@AuStErPlAy_2301 mb i meant the scenes if they were using it might as well include all of it and other schtuffs. but its still too fast paced and stuff
Jul 17, 9:34 AM
Jul 2020
THE CHILDHOOD FRIEND HAS RETURNED BABY, AND ITS ALYA'S SISTER. HELL YEAH WE GETTING PEAK ROMANCE WITH THIS ONE
Jul 17, 9:42 AM
May 2021
Bruhhh Alya's sister is the real childhood friend of MC Lmao
Jul 17, 9:43 AM
Mar 2023
everything perfect
Jul 17, 10:07 AM

Aug 2021
I'm aware it's based off of the light novel, but god damn, I was really looking forward to them dancing together... :(
Jul 17, 10:11 AM
Oct 2020
17:31 oh ok so was the girl that he learned Russian for the older sister? Because it seems Alya certainly doesn't have any memories of him from before. The older sister is quite fine as well...though of course still rooting for Alya besides Yuki who's best sister right now.

19:29 oh she's pretty smart testing him using Russian to see if he's her Sa-kun lol.
Sad he did respond in Russian but he's gotta keep up the act I suppose.

Still Alya has a lot of competition. Strong competition too. One is her older sister and another is the best imouto Yuki. I like Masha. Really love her voice it fits the older sister very well. Still, she's technically the childhood friend now so...Alya doesn't have the childhood friend curse as the other girls and even has the transfer student buff. I was hoping for a childhood friend W but I guess the curse still holds strong. Despite being literally the reason he learns Russian and his first love probably I can't see her winning because she's the childhood friend. Well at least she blessed us with Kuze knowing what Alya is saying.

Overall a good episode. We got some Alya backstory and also how she and Kuze became friends. We even got a short flashback of him and why he has a different surname than Yuki. His parents divorced, and he chose his dad, while Yuki chose her mom. Simple as that.

RexnihiloJul 17, 10:34 AM
Jul 17, 10:19 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to saabiK
I'm aware it's based off of the light novel, but god damn, I was really looking forward to them dancing together... :(
@saabiK Same. The dance was in the LN as well, and as an LN reader, I was looking forward to it. They adapted the rest of the volume as perfectly as they could though, so I'm very satisfied. With the dance animated, the episode would've been a perfect adaptation.
Jul 17, 10:21 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Rexnihilo
17:31 oh ok so was the girl that he learned Russian for the older sister? Because it seems Alya certainly doesn't have any memories of him from before. The older sister is quite fine as well...though of course still rooting for Alya besides Yuki who's best sister right now.

19:29 oh she's pretty smart testing him using Russian to see if he's her Sa-kun lol.
Sad he did respond in Russian but he's gotta keep up the act I suppose.

Still Alya has a lot of competition. Strong competition too. One is her older sister and another is the best imouto Yuki. I like Masha. Really love her voice it fits the older sister very well. Still, she's technically the childhood friend now so...Alya doesn't have the childhood friend curse as the other girls and even has the transfer student buff. I was hoping for a childhood friend W but I guess the curse still holds strong. Despite being literally the reason he learns Russian and his first love probably I can't see her winning because she's the childhood friend. Well at least she blessed us with Kuze knowing what Alya is saying.

Overall a good episode. We got some Alya backstory and also how she and Kuze became friends. We even got a short flashback of him and why he has a different surname than Yuki. His parents divorced, and he chose his dad, while Yuki chose her mom. Simple as that.

@Rexnihilo Sah-kun is her boyfriend in Russia.
Jul 17, 10:21 AM
Sep 2015
this episode was a disaster: no naked girl, no bra no panties.

that's -2
Jul 17, 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
After the mad energy comedy of Yuki's introduction, we now get the calmer backstory of Masha and Alya. The anime conversion obviously very intentionally cut many smaller jokes from the manga, which I kind of regret, but I see the point behind it. At the very least the anime managed to properly explain why Alya got interested in Kuze in the first place. All too many romcom shows suffer from the "Why the hell do all amazing girls trip over themselves to get with the wet noodle ML for god-knows-which reason" syndrome.

Anyway - flashbacks over, looking forward to the starting bell of the mayhem next episode :)
Jul 17, 10:24 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to aurora_yuuki
@saabiK Same. The dance was in the LN as well, and as an LN reader, I was looking forward to it. They adapted the rest of the volume as perfectly as they could though, so I'm very satisfied. With the dance animated, the episode would've been a perfect adaptation.
@aurora_yuuki Jesus that's even worse, if the dance scene was in the novel as well.. it would've been perfect.
Jul 17, 10:31 AM
Dec 2021
Alya's sister is good vibes
Jul 17, 10:33 AM
Nov 2022
I really don't know what to think, 2 sisters in love with the same person? Or is it just me making wrong assumptions? I don't know.
Jul 17, 10:35 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to saabiK
@aurora_yuuki Jesus that's even worse, if the dance scene was in the novel as well.. it would've been perfect.
@saabiK The episode would've exceeded its runtime of 24 minutes. Unless they cut some content, which I'm glad they didn't. Sheesh, I wish the anime was 25 minutes in duration. A full-minute of Kuze & Alya dancing would've blessed my eyes.
Jul 17, 10:39 AM
Aug 2016
This episode wrapped volume 1 and became a start of realization that Roshidere aren't that special and novels only confirmed my fears. Welcome to beginning of various family drama, "progress", dragging, Masha bullshit and "Election arc"
. Fun banter is the best part of the series and anything else is questionable.
Jul 17, 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
I liked the flashback showing how Alya and Masachika came to be friends, and it seems like Alya’s sister was his childhood friend. That explains the reaction she had after asking his given name. Masha is pretty different personality-wise from Alya, so seeing Masachika interact with her was pretty amusing lol. And man when she was comforting him in the tea shop…need that 😩not from her since she’s in high school lol, but in general, I need that fr.

Also I’m glad we learned why Masachika and his sister have different last names.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aversa - Jul 24

174 by Teufel »»
1 hour ago

» Masachika is the best !

lightning_angad7 - Yesterday

37 by Animillion »»
3 hours ago

» LN readers, without spoilers, does it ACTUALLY get as bad as some say? Or is it just another case of loud minority being annoying?

Shamsy - Yesterday

28 by Animillion »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cuhoangdk - Jul 10

331 by Playcool »»
5 hours ago

» The english dub is reaaaaly funny

ErraticCamp - Yesterday

20 by Ugly11 »»
5 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.