Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 11, 2023 10:32 AM

Jul 2017
Roselia's request for the Demon King to destroy and find the real her, this is translated through Riselia as Leonis gets revived by his own blood from the Vampire Queen. Now, it's to deal with the Goddess with the Demon Sword.

Together with Roselia's astral knights of Crystalia, they join forces with Leonis's undead army, literally giving them a body for her to control while he deals with the Void Lord, trying to store as much energy as he can against the stampede of Voids. Even if Leo has his Demon Sword ready, the fake Goddess may have obscenely high levels of defense, but not all undefeatable as the party (along with the Elf Hero Arle) does help in cutting her barrier for Leonis to land his attack in an effective manner. As both Shary and Blackus reports to Leonis, Riselia sure is thirsty for more of him, and each member of the platoon coming to the realization that there is more to the story, while Arle had made her untimely escape trying to figure out the new world she's in.

It's really a shame that this show had some potential, but that the author decided to squander it to kingdom come.
What a bad show, not even decent.
KANLen09Dec 19, 2023 1:51 AM
Dec 11, 2023 12:24 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to KANLen09
Roselia's request for the Demon King to destroy and find the real her, this is translated through Riselia as Leonis gets revived by his own blood from the Vampire Queen. Now, it's to deal with the Goddess with the Demon Sword.

Together with Roselia's astral knights of Crystalia, they join forces with Leonis's undead army, literally giving them a body for her to control while he deals with the Void Lord, trying to store as much energy as he can against the stampede of Voids. Even if Leo has his Demon Sword ready, the fake Goddess may have obscenely high levels of defense, but not all undefeatable as the party (along with the Elf Hero Arle) does help in cutting her barrier for Leonis to land his attack in an effective manner. As both Shary and Blackus reports to Leonis, Riselia sure is thirsty for more of him, and each member of the platoon coming to the realization that there is more to the story, while Arle had made her untimely escape trying to figure out the new world she's in.

It's really a shame that this show had some potential, but that the author decided to squander it to kingdom come.
What a bad show, not even decent.
@KANLen09 what do you mean with Arle's escape, she is Leo's younger sister or younger half-sister from what I understand.And she did not escape, as I understand it, she followed them to the 7th assault garden since it is not registered and he began to live there.Furthermore, he can no longer return to the place where he came from a thousand years ago and from what I know, that place where the blockade takes place is located in Lebanon in the real world.
Tachi27Dec 11, 2023 1:12 PM
Dec 11, 2023 2:48 PM
Jul 2020
is this glitched? I thought only up to episode 10 was out and episode 11 came out today? I dont see episode 12 anywhere to watch and certainly couldn't find 11 till today
Dec 11, 2023 3:00 PM
Aug 2018
Reply to YokaiVapor
is this glitched? I thought only up to episode 10 was out and episode 11 came out today? I dont see episode 12 anywhere to watch and certainly couldn't find 11 till today
@YokaiVapor the episodes they are late one week culpability Hivide. Todes relased episode 11 in english and 12 in raw pages/steaming illegal
Dec 11, 2023 4:47 PM

Jun 2017
The Japanese release is a week ahead of the rest of the world. Though oddly, Crunchyroll lists the finale date as December 18 - a day AFTER HiDive will air it.
Dec 12, 2023 9:39 AM

Dec 2010
This is no doubt the worst anime Passione has ever created. Feels like nothing really happened all 12 episodes and instead of going all in on the fanservice like the manga, they reduced this shit to a daytime show for the entire family. I wish this didn't exist. What a massive disappointment.
Dec 13, 2023 12:07 AM
Jun 2022
bagus saja, kurang dalam animasinya yang terlalu banyak frame diam.
ending yang kurang bagus.
Dec 13, 2023 6:49 AM
Apr 2022
finished season 1 seiken gakuin yep really great ending haha waiting for the sequel will there be one? we'll just wait
Dec 13, 2023 10:34 PM
Aug 2022
no offense guys
this series is a solid 6/10
nothing amazing, just fine
Dec 14, 2023 3:43 AM
Nov 2017
There's no announcement of S2 at the end of episode 12 =(
Dec 14, 2023 12:54 PM

Jun 2016
for the last episode , im so amaze with the animation !!

very good
Dec 15, 2023 1:38 AM
Feb 2011
Frankly, it's hard to get mad at Passione for this when some studios (*ehem* project No.9 *ehem*) are fumbling harder.
Dec 15, 2023 2:01 AM
Sep 2015
Doesn't live up to its title
Dec 15, 2023 2:37 AM

Oct 2020
"You remind me of that demon lord from the story"

No shit.
I wonder why
It's not like he told you that he's the demon lord when he turned you into a vampire
Dec 15, 2023 3:44 AM
Jan 2021
I am so sad. I'm a bit late to watch 12th episode at 9anime. Guess I'll wait next week.

Edit:

Finally done. Last episode is a bit up in choreo? Idk what is that called but it's a bit smoother than the rest of episodes. It feels a decent Japanese animation rather than your average 2d donghua.
Jacques_MonrealDec 15, 2023 12:54 PM
Dec 15, 2023 12:32 PM

Jun 2019
Show was beyond bland. The MC’s backstory was more interesting to me than what we’ve been served throughout the season.
Dec 15, 2023 5:50 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime, enjoyed it a lot. Hope for season 2.
Dec 15, 2023 7:23 PM

Feb 2015
All things considered, I think this was a really good episode. Good pacing, the cgi didn't really distract from what was going on and they used it relatively sparingly. The fight was interesting and damn the characters just look beautiful. I mean really incredible.

A few "attention to detail" moments I noticed: after Selia ripped her dress, in the wide angle shot you can see part of it is missing. The shadows in the underground when the B-team and Hero are talking look fantastic. Lastly when Leo is talking to Shary and Blackus using telepathy, he blinked. Not a big deal I know, but I didn't expect them to animate that for a telepathy shot. It was really funny that they used that skeleton mage twirl-and-fire animation for a third time though.

We get some story tie-ups like the end of the Crystalia family and hints about what's to come; Selia seems to have an inkling of who Leo actually is, as well as an interesting plot hook with what kind of interaction Leo and the Hero may have had/will have.

Despite a couple of lackluster eps it still left me wanting a 2nd season.
SawronZXZDec 15, 2023 7:26 PM
Dec 15, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2016
I think it could have improved in some aspects, but it had good moments.

Would I see a second season? Yes, I would

8/10
Dec 16, 2023 5:44 AM

Oct 2017
Decent finale with Leo taking down the fake goddess with the help of others. A bit of nice Riselia x Leo moment and more blood sucking. Good to see the others too. Shary with donut was cute as usual.

Pretty much your average demon lord fantasy type of anime with some interesting stuff. I wanna know the truth behind voids and what happened in the past. Also what's actually happening behind the scenes now. Would like to see Roselia again in the current era. Hope Riselia is not her reincarnation and it's that little girl from before. So yeah hoping for a new season though not sure whether that'll happen or not.
Dec 16, 2023 8:13 AM
Sep 2021
Decent ending, expected it a little bit of changes only. It was a disappointing ending for the season.
Dec 16, 2023 8:14 AM

Mar 2013
This series has finally finished... but somehow still lacking in the end, and still slow till the end.

The animation, as always is quite brutal but the art styles were doing just fine. Slow but fun.

I will probably miss this series and as a fan of the manga, they truly destroyed my hopes of having a decent animation for this series.
I'm looking forward to the BD if it ever comes to fix the animation and in hopes to make it better... for now... farewell.

As always, hating Abema for making us wait for a week every time a new episode is available...
i.e. Ep12 is available for Abema but only Ep11 is available internationally. *sigh*
CrazyButNot4UDec 16, 2023 8:25 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 17, 2023 4:27 AM

Jun 2016
I read the manga, not the novel, but in defense of the studio I would like to say that if they had at least 13 episodes, and not 12, I think they would have added more fan service, and so there are 3 volumes in 12 episodes, of course it’s time to adapt it as it turned out, without additives , and by shortening some moments, from the category of a Leo clone. In general, there is material for several more seasons. I hope for a continuation.
Dec 17, 2023 3:25 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to MoistGal
"You remind me of that demon lord from the story"

No shit.
I wonder why
It's not like he told you that he's the demon lord when he turned you into a vampire
@MoistGal I was confused by that moment, and wondered why she doesn't just know.

Otherwise I did enjoy the season, and kind of cheaply just liked the semi fan-service (like the blood sucking after showering), and it was easy enough to watch with fun world building.

Maybe I'm too basic (from the other comments here that didn't enjoy it or thought it was mid), but I liked it anyway 👀
Dec 17, 2023 6:49 PM

Jul 2015
A lot of repetition, man.....
From the very start, the opening directly use scenes from all episodes.
Fight scenes reuse previous fight scenes animation, too. Acceptable for average harem anime. Then the "ultimate moves" reuse previous "ultimate moves" too. Not fine, disappointing. Fan service scene reuses previous fan service scene too? Seriously?
Even writing too. Is this mc gonna ask main heroine to protect him while chanting his ultimate all the time?

Recycling save time and effort, sure. But what does it cost?
Dec 18, 2023 9:58 AM

Jan 2008
Show really felt like watching something from a decade ago, all those generic battle harem light novel adaptions. Shame the fanservice was so weak in this show, the cute girls were the only redeeming thing about it.
Dec 18, 2023 10:23 AM

May 2019
I thought that this final episode ended decently with the killing of the void lord but this was left wide open with the elf hero staying in the present time, presumably to go after Leo.

I also thought the animation and storyline were ok and the character designs were good although it's a shame to hear the fanservice was cut back but the comedy bits were funny especially the ones with Shary. I would watch a 2nd season if its ever announced.

7/10
Alfredo-SauceDec 18, 2023 4:16 PM
Dec 18, 2023 10:58 AM

Dec 2010
Seriously, the only decent thing this show it had going for it was the fan service. The plot got me interested but kinda fell flat near the end.

I would like to see a continuation though.

7/10
Dec 18, 2023 11:25 AM

Jul 2020
yeah this is mediocrity in its finest. guess I'll add an extra point for the cute girls and fanservice and give it 6/10
Dec 18, 2023 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
Passione fell off 😢

Gotta say I’m pretty disappointed by this finale. Underwhelming final battle and seems like it set up more questions than it answered. Still don’t know much about Arle, she didn’t really interact with Leo, Roselia is still out there somewhere etc. The set up of this one was always a little generic. Demon lord reincarnated in modern day at a magical academy.. but I thought the ever present threat of the voids, the holy blade users and the hot girls would be enough to make it good.

Hot girls were definitely there, but whether by the author’s fault or passione’s they did nothing… Selia ended up having a little shine today, but for most of the story she was just a meme that needed rescuing.

Just felt like nothing really happened in these 12 episodes. We don’t see any visible growth from any of the cast members other than Selia being a vampire now. We don’t have many answers, we don’t really understand who the true villain is, we don’t know what caused Leo and Arle to get reincarnated. What was really the point of the show ? And again.. barely any fanservice wtf

I still found some moments enjoyable and I’m able to find mostly anything fun so I didn’t hate this.. definitely had some interesting concepts that just didn’t go anywhere. Hopefully in the books they do since I got the first two lol
Marinate1016Dec 18, 2023 12:50 PM
Dec 18, 2023 12:12 PM
Nov 2017
What’s up with these horrible finales. A certain playthrough ended badly and now this wtf. This show might be a harem in the future but atm not one girl is in love with him. Even Shary his made really doesn’t take it far enough to call it love
Dec 18, 2023 1:22 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode.

Good series with good story with good characters.

Cute girls.

Antagonists and monsters character design, 3DCG and animation could be better. The studio is able to produce better.

Ecchi produced by a studio known for the excellence of the ecchi it produces without ecchi.

This could be a very good series.

Wasted potential.
leonardobarbaDec 18, 2023 1:28 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 18, 2023 4:59 PM

Nov 2011
The music during the credits was pretty ominous. I felt like it really didn't fit the mold how the show ended.

I thought the show had potential but the animation fell short and the show overall ended up being nothing special.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 18, 2023 5:40 PM
Dec 2022
I Enjoyed The Anime And It Was Also My First Manga
Dec 18, 2023 5:41 PM

Oct 2022
Oh yea I forgot there was another episode of this to watch. Sigh.... ugh
Some scene between generic demon lord and blue-haired doll asks him to 'put her to the sword'. So when did he get this ugly corny looking horned monster head? That was the form he had in the 1st episode. I think in some episodes they've shown backstory for him and he wasn't a monster he was just a normal looking guy. And he reincarnated into this little boy. Whatever I don't care anymore
Did I just see him say some words and these skeletons take over the ghost likenesses of the chauffeurs from before? Hardly any animation. Then the other chicks are doing stuff with motorcycles... Why is the sky and all the scenery now this puke green color?

On the bright side- this is the last episode! Celebrate! I don't have to be bored by any more of this generic, confusing, ugly, badly written sludge.
Dec 18, 2023 6:14 PM
Dec 2023
The ending.. wasn't really an ending imo. Too many questions left unanswered. Not a whole lot of story the whole anime, kind of started to feel dull towards the end there.
Dec 18, 2023 7:29 PM

Feb 2011
There are a lot of pros and cons to this entire series.

Pros - Selia is cute
The animation where the girls have that lip detail is very cute
Selia's vampire dress and wings are bad ass.

Basically the girls. Yeah.

Cons -
Too much asspull magic with no real "standard" Seems our demon lord has a magic for every situation
MC's demon lord form looks stupid as hell LoL
The baddies are all fodder and die in like 1-2 hits, how did humanity lose to this trash? Like.. c'mon.
Way too much situational plot armor and/or add ins. Like the girls just happening upon a couple perfectly in tact motorcycles... Riiiiight.

This show would be a 3/10 if not for Selia, but she adds at least 2 points.

So overall a 5/10. Pretty forgettable, very generic. But not the worst i've seen by a long shot.

Dec 18, 2023 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
Very bad show, I gave it a 3/10. I dont think anyone would ever need to watch this anime. I was expecting some superior stuff from MC, but his flustered self and being a pushover towards the girls are so annoying. Heck, I was expecting some relationship progression with the girls, but nothing happened. Then combine that with mid animation, it all started to fall apart

Greatly dissatisfied with this anime
Dec 18, 2023 9:28 PM
Dec 2019
Im assuming this probably won’t get another 12 episode season then? I hate when shows end when not finished and then never get finished lmao
Dec 18, 2023 10:39 PM

Feb 2019
i guess it's not over yet, i mean, they still need to look for the goddess and Leo needs to have a face to face with the Elf hero lol
Dec 19, 2023 1:02 AM

Aug 2011
Dec 19, 2023 7:32 AM
May 2021
Top tier art style but nothing special in other department, really average. They even reduced the ecchi scenes in anime. The maid was the most interesting and funny character in this anime lol. 7/10 for me
Dec 19, 2023 8:04 AM
Apr 2013
EP 12

I only just realized that celia and selia is only 1 letter difference
But tbh neither is a common name

One cliffhanger aaand
One last post credits scene

I'm not even sure what to say about the anime as a whole.
So uhm. I'm not entirely sure what to say.

Obviously I wish it were better. Pretty much all the girls got shafted.

Shary barely showed up at all in the last few eps I completely forgor she existed.
Fine, even sakuya for the most part didnt have much.
Like I like Selia and Regina and Fine/Sakuya/Shary, but it just felt like the anime was ?

And its like, fundamentally I dunno, even if we somehow got a s2 I'm not expecting any miracles, it feels like something just went wrong somewhere.

The first few eps werent even that bad, but somehow things got to this point.
The main issues is, ep 456, and then 9/10/11/12, thats like half the anime felt like it just fell flat.

Coincidentally those are also like the more what do you call this. I would say action except its not even action. Sigh.
One more thing I forgor to mention is I dislike how leo and selia got separated from regina/fine/sakuya, and shary also just got left out like that.
CocoaGalaxyDec 19, 2023 8:09 AM
Dec 19, 2023 9:26 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
One of the worst shows i've been watching this season, just really dull. Passione going conservative was a big detriment as well.
Dec 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Apr 2020
damn why they had to fill last episode with cg scenes
Dec 19, 2023 4:07 PM
Oct 2022
Enjoy this show but the suspension of disbelief required is getting to be a bit too much to bear. A threat of that magnitude just happens to be resolved and no one bats an eye?
The group of sidekicks and the fainting elf spend the entire episode trying to get to the fight, finally do, but don't happen to see the Leo floating in the air in front of it, or Celia flying in her Vampire Queen mode?
Dec 19, 2023 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
This ended up about as mid as mid can be. And the sad thing is the source material apparently isn't that good either. Even still, if the goal was to drive people towards the LN then fine but I still say straying from the source was a bad move. It's an ecchi series so why would you tone it down? Keep it faithful. Otherwise how can I possibly hope for a good Spice & Wolf adaptation? Despite my love for the original series I have been desperate for an adaptation that actually follows the manga or LN properly. I have so much hope for this and yet after having seen about 50% of their projects, the best Passione's been able to put out is Rokka no Yuusha and Mieruko-chan, a meh Higurashi outing (which could probably mostly be blamed on Ryukishi for being so meh) and Ishuzoku Reviewers which, while not a literary masterpiece, actually sticks to its guns and is what it is. And then there's just everything else while also adapting objectively hot garbage like Kyochuu Rettou. I mean they've obviously got reasonably talented animators (Rokka no Yuusha was gorgeous and the Spice & Wolf trailer looked amazing) but holy shit does their direction need an overhaul. I'm excited and full of dread at the same time.
Dec 19, 2023 10:39 PM

Oct 2010
I've finally captured what feels wrong with animation here.
It looks like depiction of kid playing with toy soldier or transformer figure rather then actual combat or action.
And while art or designs look fine it all becomes uncanny the moment something moves.
Dec 20, 2023 8:13 AM
Dec 2023
Mid generic average anime carried by the girls and by the very good art 6/10
Dec 21, 2023 5:11 AM
Mar 2012
ok fight using souls & skeletons.
cg characters for bike scenes actually decent, tho not much movement.
For magic school show, rather little of school, but the calmer vibe is refreshing & shota demonlord mc kinda unique. Nice designs & characters quite varied, but low budget fights, sloppy plot & directing often turns the interesting premise into boring.
Blackus so got forgotten.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2023

46 by Xavyy_355f »»
Sep 14, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 6 Discussion

burungmengambang - Oct 31, 2023

36 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 9, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 9, 2023

60 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 2, 2023

67 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 4, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Seiken Gakuin no Makentsukai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2023

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 2, 6:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.