Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2022 4:28 AM

Jul 2017
The real world is still in tatters concerning Aoi's AI interference that is slowly corrupting the data from within, and Dr. Yoshino needs all the help she can get to be able to eject Asahi out.

The loss of Mongfa hits everyone like a rock, but none as intense with Karin and Asahi. But the truth is that they have to keep moving forward, otherwise Mongfa's sacrifice would've been for naught. In the sea of an ever-changing landscape and with corrupted data strewn all around, both Karin and Irina put themselves in Mongfa's situation to distract the drones while Amelia leads Asahi down the rabbit hole.

As the AI girls reflect upon their lives being hints of Ai's past with Asahi, it definitely was a life lived with lies and deceit, with Asahi being the only constant source of comfort and support. And Aoi's butterflies leading the way for Asahi to ultimately carry this mission alone, one by one, each and every AI girl sacrificed their lives to save whatever Asahi's future could be like, even if they didn't want to know what will happen in the real world.

Damn, at this stage of the game, it's still getting intense, and I really wanna see the finale to this generic-assuming show that defied all expectations...or will it falter and stay true to it Flopping towards the finish line?
KANLen09Dec 21, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 21, 2022 5:49 AM
Oct 2022
Honestly don’t get this anime
Dec 21, 2022 6:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A whole episode as a goodbye to all the remaining personalities, time for the last action now, I'm still curious about how it will end
Dec 21, 2022 8:33 AM

Apr 2014
Goodbye... Karin, Amelia, and Ilya. Those parting scenes were very sad yet beautiful.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 21, 2022 9:13 AM

Jul 2013
I think Ilya and Karin could have just gone through the last door and been safe instead of continuing to fight the drones. Another episode of pointless melodrama.
Dec 21, 2022 9:53 AM

Jul 2022
Another 3 waifus gone but with that being said, his affection towards them has not been always the way that he look into the experiences of reality.

Dec 21, 2022 10:56 AM
Nov 2020
I had a feeling that all of the AI girls would sacrifice themselves for Asahi not just Mongfa. How all of them remembered the moments they as actual individual AIs became sentient, thinking, living personalities, so when the time came for all of them to be saying their farewells and how they gave him the same advices he gave to them it hit hard.

I definitely am hyped to see the last episode and how the story will unfold.
Dec 21, 2022 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Lol @ the poll, seems this show is getting some mixed reactions, but that just goes to show how unique it is!

Aww, Amelia's "analog" flashcards...

This hit me in the feels ;-;

The ecchi flashbacks thrown in such emotional moments were hilarious, though 💀

Renai Flops was thoroughly enjoyable for me. I barely got into it last week, binged episodes 1-10 in a couple days, then the rest of the week I was just impatient for Wednesday to come so I could see what happens next. It was somehow intriguing from the start; even though I'm normally not an ecchi fan, it was worth pushing through the first few episodes that seemed like a typical harem.

I'll miss this show and the girls after it ends next week. Mongfa and Amelia were my faves 💔 I'll always have a soft spot for any character voiced by Ayana Taketatsu. I'm still hoping for some miracle where their files are restored somehow, but I know it's unlikely. The girls all just want Asahi to go back and find happiness in the real world and I respect that if that's how it ends.
Dec 21, 2022 11:37 AM
Oct 2022
llore como un loco
Dec 21, 2022 11:51 AM

Dec 2019
All girls gone now I think :(

I wonder how it will end tbh
Dec 21, 2022 1:14 PM

Sep 2020
All of them disappeared, now he's about to meet Aoi and maybe talk to her or save her, curious how it will end.
Dec 21, 2022 1:31 PM
Nov 2022
A very sentimental episode, in a way as each girl "sacrifices" it leaves a lesson for Asahi to move on in the real world.
If the girls don't come back for the last episode, I wouldn't have a problem because each of their goodbyes has been very good.
Dec 21, 2022 1:54 PM
May 2017
On the next final episode, Asahi's rendezvous with Aoi or Ai (AI?)... even with Mongfa, Karin, Irina and Amelia deleted, cannot be sure they do not exist anymore because they (including Aoi) all are instances of Ai. Because Aoi went haywire, cannot be sure if Aoi still exists by herself or it is only a vessel for Ai.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 21, 2022 1:58 PM

Feb 2018
I was so excited for the twist just for Asahi to be attached to the AI people. I don't get how anyone is sentimental for these people that literally don't exist. At the very least they're killing them off so that Asahi doesn't live his life by talking to the girlfriend inside his phone.
Dec 21, 2022 2:23 PM

Sep 2018
lol, I feel nothing for these "deaths", that's when you know the series has been trash.
Dec 21, 2022 2:45 PM
Oct 2020
This hits my heart that it hurt so bad..... I'm glad I didn't drop this.
Dec 21, 2022 3:40 PM

Jun 2017
Not bad for a pre-final set up episode but I have my doubts about everyone actually being deleted, we will see.
Dec 21, 2022 4:47 PM

Jun 2021
When this season started I thought to myself "boy this show is going to be ecchi trash".

Now I'm shedding a tear.

I think I've finally figured out what this show is, and why I'm going to remember it. Because it is a study of grief and how one deals with it.

When my grandfather died, I got back into anime and began using it as an emotional crutch. That was six years ago, and now here we are.

Asahi struggled to move on from Ai's death, so he sucked himself into this world where he could live carefree with a harem of cute anime girls, something I often wished I could have done.

So I get it, it's going to be hard to process all of what's happening and losing the ones you developed a bond with, but in the end, closure and peace is what Asahi needs.

Time to end this, my friend. Time to save this ungrateful technological society, I guess. But more importantly, time to free yourself from the darkness in your mind.
Dec 21, 2022 5:01 PM
Nov 2020
I've avoided tragedy anime for so long so that I may enjoy romcoms with peace of mind, this anime has lured me in and stricken. I am too far in to stop now, but this feels almost like plastic memories again. I knew it wasn't gonna be a normal romcom but this is not what I had in mind...
Dec 21, 2022 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
GakutoDeathGlare said:
lol, I feel nothing for these "deaths", that's when you know the series has been trash.

respectable take
Dec 21, 2022 5:24 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As I thought, none of the harem will survive, Mongfa was just the first. It was especially sad when paired with each of them saying how Asahi impacted their lives, as well as the flashbacks with Ai that each girl remembered, it really is depression hours now huh lol. It was nice Karin and Irina went out in a blaze of glory at least but it still hurt seeing them go, and Amelia just gets to wave goodbye as she sends Asahi away.

I really hope this gets some kind of happy ending next week, if not I’ll just have to remember the fun harem this used to be lol. This will be one of my last anime to finish in 2022, it’s been fun, especially the first half when it was a goofy harem anime. I’ve enjoyed the serious plot we’ve been getting but I can’t help but feel this was a better show before all this happened, just my opinion as a harem lover tho lol.
Dec 21, 2022 6:24 PM
Jun 2021
TheColonel76 said:
As I thought, none of the harem will survive, Mongfa was just the first. It was especially sad when paired with each of them saying how Asahi impacted their lives, as well as the flashbacks with Ai that each girl remembered, it really is depression hours now huh lol. It was nice Karin and Irina went out in a blaze of glory at least but it still hurt seeing them go, and Amelia just gets to wave goodbye as she sends Asahi away.

I really hope this gets some kind of happy ending next week, if not I’ll just have to remember the fun harem this used to be lol. This will be one of my last anime to finish in 2022, it’s been fun, especially the first half when it was a goofy harem anime. I’ve enjoyed the serious plot we’ve been getting but I can’t help but feel this was a better show before all this happened, just my opinion as a harem lover tho lol.

I still can't get how this series turned out to be like this, I am not sure that if I am watching the same series anymore

Yeah there are some plotholes here & there (including how did Amelia & that tomboyish girl got her power, still it can get margin due to AI technology) but somehow the first 6 generic harem episodes turned out to be crucial to make viewers feel close to these girls, man I can't wait for the last heart shattering episode
Dec 21, 2022 7:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
shash_sama18 said:
TheColonel76 said:

I still can't get how this series turned out to be like this, I am not sure that if I am watching the same series anymore

Yeah there are some plotholes here & there (including how did Amelia & that tomboyish girl got her power, still it can get margin due to AI technology) but somehow the first 6 generic harem episodes turned out to be crucial to make viewers feel close to these girls, man I can't wait for the last heart shattering episode

You’re definitely right that the harem episodes help get you attached to the girls, I’m not sure if it worked on people that hated the harem parts tho lol.
Dec 21, 2022 9:10 PM

Feb 2019
Man these last few episodes have just been phenomenal and done a great job of connecting us with the characters. I didn’t care for Karin or Ilya or Amelia but I could not help but get choked up during their sacrifices today.

Still mad af they did my baby Mongfa like this, but given the other girls died today I’m hoping there’s some asspull and they get brought back to life.

What started out as a generic tropey harem has really become a genuinely good story and watch. Can’t wait to see how it ends next week
Dec 21, 2022 11:26 PM

Oct 2017
All of the girls are now gone, just great.
Dec 21, 2022 11:37 PM
Jan 2020
Snap Back to Reality: The Anime unfortunately ends next week
Dec 22, 2022 12:08 AM

May 2019
What a depressing episode. I still rated it high but it wasn't easy to watch. As a few other people said, the first half of the series gets you attached to the girls only to then have them be virtual reality AIs and then having them "die" off.

I'm guessing the final girl to "die" will be Aoi/Ai and she'll probably send Asahi off with a similar message that he should live life to the fullest in the real world.
Dec 22, 2022 12:47 AM

Nov 2009
Too much cheesy drama but dang it, it still got me. lol

But I have seen to many shows. Maybe they will go with the restoration ending?(no need to answer that now)
Dec 22, 2022 1:00 AM

Jan 2021
RIP to all the girls, they fought hard and showed dedication.

The finale probably will be Asahi meeting Aoi again and the anime ends there.
Dec 22, 2022 3:56 AM
Sep 2021
The episodes are really improving, we lost Karin, ilya and Amelia, but asahi keeps to move on to save the digital world, ai and Aoi.
I give it 6/10.
Dec 22, 2022 5:59 AM
Apr 2013
Well. I mean things happened more or less as expected. The only thing is the actual content.

One thing though, I wasnt expecting there to be a scene with yoshino and ubukata at the start. Well there's only one episode left, and with only asahi and aoi and/or ai left now, maybe we'll see what happens next time.

A bit of a whiplash in the episode naming though, we had ep 11 and then..ep 12?

After this ep it does feel a bit bad for mongfa since karin, irina and amelia had the whole ep to say goodbye. Even karin and irina well. Though.
I'm not sure, I'm still hoping there'll be some kind of ova but..I dunno? Everything is up to the final ep now to see what happens.

Just wanted to say that its been a few eps now but the whiplash between the cheerry OP and the depressing ED is pretty uhhh

For my two cents, its not quite the last episode yet, but the main issue I have is how whiplashy the series is.
The second and related/same issue is about the screentime allocation and/or the character utilization.
I feel that the anime as a whole has great characters. But they dont use them (enough and/or properly)

I just skimmed through the previous episodes, while its not 100%, an example here is.
I went to count how many scenes do you have all the characters present. (Conveniently...or otherwise it is because, this ep itself has the flashback to all those scenes)
EP 1 - 0 (technically the classroom scene but that doesnt count, unless you want to)
EP 2 - 1.5 (two ish scenes but half ish, so deducted a bit. Also the ending scene, but that also doesnt count because its too short)
EP 3 - 1.5 (two ish scenes, but still kind of short)
EP 4 - 1.5 (two scenes, but the table tennis scene has weird camera angles) (There's also the scene near the end, but its too short)
EP 5 - 1 scene early on

And thats it, they dont show up together except the brief overlay (without asahi) during yoshino's explanation in ep 8. Aoi also hasnt directly shown up since EP 7 (8, 9, 10, 11), all we've seen of her is flashbacks and "ai" scenes.
If you factor in that aoi's last major appearance was back in ep 2, she's actually the one with the least amount of screentime since unlike amelia, irina, mongfa and karin who all got an entire ep to themselves and shared half of ep 7, all aoi has is her side scenes, ep 2, and her half of ep 7.....which was disturbing to say the least.
Kind of sad that she too got shafted like this.

That being said though, you know the ep has made you pretty emotional that even reading other people's comments makes you emotional. 
I'm not entirely sure if they'll pull a final plot twist on us, and/or how emotional/tearjerker/depressing(/overly optimistic) the last ep will be.
Not even getting into the whole AI debate either. 
Though personally I still feel like they could have used another ep or two to pace things better.
CocoaGalaxyDec 22, 2022 7:35 AM
Dec 22, 2022 9:34 AM

Jul 2021
damn they killed off the rest in a single episode. rip.

not gonna lie there was no emotional weightage to any of their death for me. mongfa's death hit hard but not the others'.

asahi sure suffered a lot of emotional damage though. it better be worth it in the end. even if everything goes well in the AI world, asahi's real life is sure fucked. so is his mental health. rip asahi's future.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 22, 2022 12:01 PM
Dec 2021
I hope mongfa comes back. i love jer a lot.
Dec 22, 2022 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah this show just didn't have nearly enough time to form an actual emotional connection with any of these characters so none of these "deaths" have any impact.  I genuinely think this show would've been better if it stayed as a generic harem/fanservice anime instead of this half baked "serious" plot.  Especially since I'm like 90% sure we can just revive the AI waifus with back up copies.
Dec 22, 2022 7:22 PM

Nov 2020

yveltalkyogre said:
I hope mongfa comes back. i love jer a lot.
even if she does come back, they will be all gone the next week :/
Dec 23, 2022 5:57 AM
Jun 2019
Best RomCom this season no cap, need to watch till 7 ep n you'll cry for sure
Dec 23, 2022 7:27 AM

Jan 2021
Ashhk said:
A whole episode as a goodbye to all the remaining personalities, time for the last action now, I'm still curious about how it will end
Backup restore and all the personalities back again.
Dec 23, 2022 4:12 PM
Sep 2022
O autor dessa obra está pior que o autor de Game of Thrones, passou o rodo geral...
Dec 24, 2022 4:03 PM
Mar 2017
my gf and i reviewed a part of the series if you guys would like to check it out .

channel name is: Arceus Rules
Dec 25, 2022 10:59 AM
Sep 2021
MY AMELIAAAA!!! 😭😭😭
Dec 25, 2022 3:35 PM
Nov 2019
Very sad. I knew it would happen, but it turned out worse than I imagined.

Me gustan los animes lindos, de acción y musicales/I like moe, action and musical anime.
Dec 25, 2022 3:38 PM

Aug 2017
Raffael_Sama said:
Very sad. I knew it would happen, but it turned out worse than I imagined.
Yea same, I knew as soon as the first one died the rest were dying as well but even then

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Dec 25, 2022 11:40 PM
May 2019
Should have 9+ rating minimum here and be AOTY contender. The biggest surprise of the year for me.
Dec 26, 2022 9:10 AM

Oct 2008
hmmm is the OST of this episode supposed to make us cry/emotional!?!? i don't think so...
3/5.

Dec 26, 2022 10:54 AM

May 2019
If they bring back the other girls after this, the show will have failed. They had the one random girl that seems to recognize Asahi even though he hasn't attended school for months. I feel like the last episode will end with Asahi and that girl getting together after Asahi calms down Aoi/Ai.

Realistically, this would have been better as a 2-cour show, with the first cour building up the girls and the "perceived reality" before ending episode 12 with the big twist. The second cour could then take the time to flesh out the world building of the real world and each girl could have their own moment leading up to the finale. Ultimately, it was an interesting show, but it feels a bit rushed, especially losing 3 girls in one episode.

Hopefully the ending does the show justice, but I think this show was a missed opportunity.
Dec 26, 2022 3:12 PM
Nov 2020
Episódio que pesou muito no coração
Dec 28, 2022 5:18 AM

Jul 2015
Truly living up to its title with the love flops moment here for Asahi as he just lost the remainder of his AI harem

Dec 28, 2022 6:51 AM
Nov 2020
The deaths of the girls are sad, but it is necessary narrative wise for Asahi to move on instead of just being stuck with his AI waifus. At least they had a proper goodbye towards him. When the AI twist was revealed, I had a hard time feeling something for them because they're not real but now the feeling is like when a game character you spent a lot of time with dies in the narrative. You know they're not real but it doesn't make their death hurt any less.

My worry for the finale though is that it would feel too rushed. I hope this ends in a happy note without some cop out like bringing the AI girls back from a backup. I just want my man Asahi to have a happy ending.
Dec 28, 2022 8:49 AM
Nov 2015
I got hit hard by the feels truck. I shed a tear or two during this episode. It’ll be interesting to see how things end.
Dec 29, 2022 5:41 AM

Aug 2014
the fight is kinda intense
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

181 by artturisi »»
May 30, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Dec 28, 2022

161 by araa987 »»
May 16, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

125 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

43 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

115 by qintaku10 »»
Apr 27, 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.