Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2022 12:56 PM

Apr 2012
Some people are trying hard to convince me that this show has high ratings due to selfinsert and other pandering to the male audiences, but I thought I'd ask you directly. What exactly drew you to this show? Interesting characters and their dynamics, some tropes and plot, or really fanservice?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2022 1:01 PM
Jun 2014
Premise sounded interesting plus cute gril plus romance what’s not to like
Jan 15, 2022 1:04 PM
Feb 2015
I actually picked up the manga last year? Year before? and saw that the cover had a really cute girl on it. Read the back and loved that it was about cosplay (I'm a cosplayer) so decided to get it and read the manga. I've been hyped for the show ever since it got announced.
Jan 15, 2022 1:04 PM
Jan 2021
The plot seemed unique to me and romance genre to make me feel alone
Jan 15, 2022 1:06 PM
Mar 2021
The meme with Gigguk
Jan 15, 2022 1:08 PM
Sep 2021
The characters relationship and dynamics. And I love seeing people being excited about their hobbies. I grabbed volume one when I seen ppl hyping the manga a couple days before episode one dropped and before I knew it, I had blasted theough all 69 chapters in two days.
Jan 15, 2022 1:30 PM
Jan 2021
Romance, cloverworks, and I heard good things about it
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jan 15, 2022 1:33 PM
Aug 2021
When i first watched the trailer I thought "this blonde waifu it's a mix between nagatoro and Alice from shinigami bocchan and with good animation quality. I have to watch it"
I still think the same :)
Jan 15, 2022 1:36 PM

Oct 2020
It's animated by cloverworks and it seems to be one of the few good shows this season
Jan 15, 2022 1:37 PM
Jul 2016
I love anime gyarus. Smiley face.
Jan 15, 2022 1:38 PM

Nov 2019
I would love to recommend this with Honey and Clover, but sadly it only lands on Hajimete no... Gal...
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 15, 2022 1:40 PM

May 2015
It's one of my favorite manga's
Jan 15, 2022 1:48 PM
Jan 2021
I watch every romance that airs. Plus what’s the problem with it pandering to the male audience? There are multiple anime that pander to the female audience? Aren’t we passed this whole thing, does it really matter?
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jan 15, 2022 1:54 PM

Aug 2020
Well I love romance, and someone suggested me to read the manga before this show was gonna air, and I loved it.

Plus cosplay is sooo cute

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jan 15, 2022 2:00 PM

Aug 2020
interesting concept (plus I just watch most anime for an ep or two at least), I didn't know it was going to be fanservice at all to be honest, though, yeah definitely is a bit lol, it's pretty good so far, give the first episode a try and if you don't like it from there, you probably just won't like it
Call me Ren
Jan 15, 2022 2:01 PM

Apr 2012
So, at least openly and consciously, no one is watching this purely because of fanservice? Nobody at all?

official_brown said:
I watch every romance that airs. Plus what’s the problem with it pandering to the male audience? There are multiple anime that pander to the female audience? Aren’t we passed this whole thing, does it really matter?

From what I understand, my opponent just took it as "shameless waifu bait", so trying to prove that people love the show just because of that became too personal for him.
Jan 15, 2022 2:04 PM
Jan 2021
RobertBobert said:
So, at least openly and consciously, no one is watching this purely because of fanservice? Nobody at all?

official_brown said:

From what I understand, my opponent just took it as "shameless waifu bait", so trying to prove that people love the show just because of that became too personal for him.

That’s so dumb, haha. I’ve seen that argument used on any show another person didn’t like with a cute protag. What a lame argument. Every show has a “waifu” to people.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jan 15, 2022 2:07 PM
Jun 2021
the wholesomeness of Marin-chan~ and the lewd stuff ofc
Jan 15, 2022 2:07 PM
Jul 2021
official_brown said:

Ignoring list? What's That?
Jan 15, 2022 2:08 PM

Dec 2021
I saw a recommendation from a friend and got interested in Kitagawa's personality eventually. I love the manga, the details they made to draw Kitagawa are so beautiful
Jan 15, 2022 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
The main reason is Marin being so cute. But yeah I really like shonen/seinen romances
Jan 15, 2022 2:10 PM

Apr 2012
official_brown said:
RobertBobert said:

That’s so dumb, haha. I’ve seen that argument used on any show another person didn’t like with a cute protag. What a lame argument. Every show has a “waifu” to people.

You underestimate how tenacious people can be in defending the most delusional positions if for some reason it has become too personal for them.
Jan 15, 2022 2:16 PM
Jan 2021
MonKikkye said:
official_brown said:

Basically it doesn’t notify me when someone I am “ignoring” comments on my comments. It’ll also make it to where it automatically not show there comments unless I choose to see it. There was one dude that followed me every forum to try to pick a fight with me. He even picked a fight with me when I was agreeing with him. The other two tried to emotionally bait me, so I “ignored” them because MAL moderators were getting mad at me for commenting back mean things.
Jan 15, 2022 2:17 PM
Jan 2021
RobertBobert said:
official_brown said:

You underestimate how tenacious people can be in defending the most delusional positions if for some reason it has become too personal for them.

For those reasons alone is why I think anime fans are some of the most toxic people, especially some MAL users.
Jan 15, 2022 2:22 PM

Apr 2012
official_brown said:
RobertBobert said:

For those reasons alone is why I think anime fans are some of the most toxic people, especially some MAL users.

I don't think it's an anime problem, it's more about people with big egos who are not able to control themselves in an argument with the first one who will stand firm enough in their position regardless of being right.
Nov 2019
animation is good and story seems fun . also I like pretty much all slice of life and this reminded me of nagataro san. marin is also massive waifu material

still think its pointless to fight about it tho lol
Aug 2021
samthestan said:
The meme with Gigguk

Same. Plus, interesting theme.
Jan 15, 2022 2:30 PM
Dec 2021
The newly born waifu this season!
Jan 15, 2022 2:37 PM
Aug 2018
I get why people see the series waifu bait initially but reading a couple chapters or even watching episode 1 you should clearly see this series has so many things going for it that it’s a delight to read and watch it should be obvious why people like it, but some still choose to be ignorant and assume the worse and some are actually thinking this is a self inserted type of series??? I swear people are dumb sometimes but this just shows that some are stupid by choice
Jan 15, 2022 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
LoganMcClure21 said:
I get why people see the series waifu bait initially but reading a couple chapters or even watching episode 1 you should clearly see this series has so many things going for it that it’s a delight to read and watch it should be obvious why people like it, but some still choose to be ignorant and assume the worse and some are actually thinking this is a self inserted type of series??? I swear people are dumb sometimes but this just shows that some are stupid by choice

I think the problem isn't so much with the waifu, but with the fact that I denied that people are watching it mainly because of the fanservice.
Jan 15, 2022 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
Marin's figure ngl but stayed for the Cosplay. They discuss about it like how Shirobako did anime.
Jan 15, 2022 2:51 PM
Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:
Some people are trying hard to convince me that this show has high ratings due to selfinsert and other pandering to the male audiences, but I thought I'd ask you directly. What exactly drew you to this show? Interesting characters and their dynamics, some tropes and plot, or really fanservice?
Gigguk

(15 character limit)
Jan 15, 2022 2:59 PM

Oct 2015
I've read the manga before, and while at first the character design catches my interest, it was the cosplay from the costume maker's point of view that make me stay. It spent more time on how to make and do the cosplay rather than the cosplay itself.

Also, the character's interaction and development are very good later on, it overshadows the fanservice for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2022 3:53 PM

Sep 2020
A friend on discord wouldn't shutup about it
Jan 15, 2022 4:06 PM
Sep 2021
I think most people came from the manga, when they heard this was getting an anime adaption. The manga is pretty wholesome and who doesn’t like a cute girl thrown into the story? Though I think some people just came for the fan service.
Jan 15, 2022 4:07 PM

May 2016
Saying that it's popular because of " selfinsert and other pandering to the male audiences" is kind of silly when you consider that there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of anime that do both of those things much better and with a much greater focus on them.

I was drawn to the anime because I've read the manga since almost the beginning of its publication, and what drew me to the manga was how cute the chemistry between Wakana and Kitagawa is and how wholesome the show as a whole is. And to be honest, the manga at least, has very scarce uses of fan service.
Jan 15, 2022 4:07 PM
Jan 2021
I saw this beautiful girl and I was looking forward to the show. I thought it will be a wholesome anime but things got out of hand way to quickly. We already saw her in bikini and she's not holding back. To be honest I like it
Jan 15, 2022 4:09 PM

Jul 2021
Im here solely for the cosplay lol
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 15, 2022 4:09 PM
Jan 2021
RobertBobert said:
simple. The beautiful girl but I didn't things will already get of hand in ep 2
Jan 15, 2022 4:22 PM
Jul 2020
I was scrolling through next seasonal anime and happened to stumble upon it and added it in my plan to watch list.
Idk if I saw it on internet as I stopped using social media a long time ago.
Edit: also cute girl weeb who's open about her hobby
Jan 15, 2022 4:23 PM

Sep 2018
Just here for the bait threads...

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 15, 2022 4:27 PM
Jun 2020
Romance, cute girl, ecchi possibly... how could I resist?
Jan 15, 2022 4:29 PM
Nov 2019
Nothing else was really interesting to me this season. Watched the first ep and the girl was cute. So I will be watching
Jan 15, 2022 5:07 PM
Feb 2021
Gigguk’s stream literally. Had no idea before then.
Jan 15, 2022 5:10 PM
Apr 2020
Personally, I just saw the trailer and loved the whole aesthetic of the show.
Jan 15, 2022 5:38 PM
Oct 2020
What drew me was back like over a year ago I was on Discord and I was on Mudae bot (A bot that just summons anime/manga/game characters). I got Marin and thought she was pretty so I got interested in the Manga and now here is the anime. I also find the concept of cosplay very interesting like what process do they go thru and how do they do it. A random recommendation is Shirobako which is an anime about making anime.
Jan 15, 2022 5:40 PM

Nov 2020
she is cute and hot as fuck
Jan 15, 2022 5:49 PM
May 2021
I was drawn in by the beautiful animation and the premise as I have no knowledge in the world of making dolls but honestly the fan service is kinda throwing me off like idk how to explain it, but I kinda want the show to remain wholesome altogether I guess… anyway I hope it doesn’t get to out of hand
Jan 15, 2022 5:55 PM
Feb 2021
I love this because from what i've read of the manga ( with as little spoilers as I can) Marin is a genuinely fun and loveable goofball who hyperobsesses with everything she likes and has a extremely well written romance with the main character Gojo. One of my favorite things about the series is that Marin is open about her love of anime, cosplay, games etc, she collects merch, she talks about it with her popular girl friends who arnt anime fans but who arnt bothered that shes a major otaku and just love her for being her. Theres fanservice but Manin loves and idolizes sexual characters to the point where she wants to cosplay them. Theres so much more to the story than nerd makes clothes for sexy anime girl and I love it.
Jan 15, 2022 6:34 PM
Jul 2021
official_brown said:
MonKikkye said:

Basically it doesn’t notify me when someone I am “ignoring” comments on my comments. It’ll also make it to where it automatically not show there comments unless I choose to see it. There was one dude that followed me every forum to try to pick a fight with me. He even picked a fight with me when I was agreeing with him. The other two tried to emotionally bait me, so I “ignored” them because MAL moderators were getting mad at me for commenting back mean things.

Ohhh, okaokaoka, I understand.

Jooder, the things are... intense If MAL actually have an option like this.

Hope your be safe in the future D:
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

489 by Pheonix_94 »»
Jun 21, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Feb 12, 2022

232 by FurryLilProblem »»
Jun 21, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2022

240 by Roxi_Chan »»
Jun 16, 11:14 PM

» For what reasons did most watch My Dress Up Darling? ( 1 2 3 )

fallout45 - Aug 7, 2022

104 by did4375 »»
Jun 9, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

395 by Lanz »»
Jun 1, 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.