Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shugo Chara!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2009 5:57 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There's separate OP for main part! "Watashi no Tamago" by Shugo Chara Egg.

There are four shugo charas flying with Amu finally. She saw a girl is giving a handful of water for the flowers. She tripped and Amu saved her. She can see her shugo charas. Her name is Rika, a transfer student. Amu told guardians about her. They were thinking about when they graduate, Yaya needs to take care of everyone. Then a trouble at school: Rika on the tree, but because it was to save cat. Tree fell and Amu chara-changed with Ran to save her. Rika is amazed too.

Tadase told her to tell the staff or Guardians for troubles. They became to explain Rika about Guardians. Rika is not listening as always and spotted the cape. They felt x-eggs. They told Rika to be back in the class room, but Rika followed them. x-egg is in the art room.

Amu finally chara-naried with Miki after a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time. Canvas fights!! Rika can feel x-egg's feeling! So, it took very fast time to convince and lock on to it!

Rika really want to be a guardian like Amu and explained about x-eggs. She asked a good question, unknown owner... there's possibility that the owner abondoned the egg?

At home, Rika is on the room alone. There are many x-eggs in the room. It was turns out that she lives with many x-eggs and not feel dangerous! She said if she can be a guardian if she lives with many x-eggs!

There's no preview for next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 2, 2009 6:01 PM

Sep 2008
WHOA! *head asplodes*
I think I sense a hint of thought put into your post.
Guess I'll have to watch later and find out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2009 6:02 PM

Jul 2007
i didnt like how short the episode was but i guess it was an ok start D:
Oct 2, 2009 6:06 PM

Nov 2007
There are also Pucchi Puchi (2 shorts) and Shugo Chara Eggs conversation.
Oct 2, 2009 6:42 PM
Apr 2007
I liked it ^.^

I just wish MAL would allow me to add it to my Watching list... although the Ep1 has aired already and it says it hasn't...
Oct 2, 2009 8:02 PM

Sep 2009
I think they wasted too much time with the chara conversation and those 3 girls! and i didnt even grt to see ikuto! but it was cool, although i wanted to see all the charas
Oct 2, 2009 9:17 PM

Jul 2008
...........Ummm...wat should I say.....for awhile I felt like I was watching Dora the Explorer....lol!!! And the anime part of the eppy was wat...15 minutes long..!?
Oct 2, 2009 10:02 PM

Aug 2009
So like, I dunno how many other doods in their 20's have been watching Shugo Chara like me, but I think it just got a lot less dignifying haha. I think with the new live action elementary girl clips I will be more inclined to not let people know I watch the show since it kinda makes me look like a pedophile (doh!). We need more Ikuto in Amu's room imo.

EDIT: Wait, I think I just admitted to something -_-
Oct 2, 2009 10:07 PM

May 2008
Well, that was a pleasant first episode. So this new chick can actually understand X Egg talk...interesting. I guess we know who's going to be a Guardian when everyone but Yaya graduates. That's going to be sad for her :/ It'd suck super hard. It was bad enough to see Kukai leave..at least he shows up from time to time.

I have high hopes for this season. I'm hoping it won't let me down like last season did.

Oct 2, 2009 10:16 PM

Sep 2008
Aki Toyosaki's voice bugs me when she speaks normally. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2009 10:43 PM

Nov 2007
ElderKain said:

I just wish MAL would allow me to add it to my Watching list... although the Ep1 has aired already and it says it hasn't...

I agree!
Oct 2, 2009 11:20 PM

Mar 2009
rosycrystals said:
...........Ummm...wat should I say.....for awhile I felt like I was watching Dora the Explorer....lol!!! And the anime part of the eppy was wat...15 minutes long..!?

I felt like I was seeing Dora too >< And that's bad. Neither my mom or I was thrilled with it and we both generally love Chara. It wasn't all that entertaining for me. I want to see live actors, I'll go watch something from Japan or whatever with live actors.
I was disappointed. I'd been hoping it would be cool.
At least they could have made it a full hour and pile all of that stuff after the episode so you don't have to watch it unless you want to. Some players mess up when I try to fast forward.
I just didn't like how they cut the anime back and added that on.
windeen-windyOct 2, 2009 11:48 PM
Oct 3, 2009 12:08 AM

May 2008
woots Shugo Chara ohhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 3, 2009 12:20 AM

May 2009
Well, it was a littlle childish but I really loved the new ending, the song is as great as usual =D
Oct 3, 2009 12:40 AM
Oct 2008
I liked the Shugo Chara Fortune Telling thing, it was fun :3
+ I learned what "Amulet" was when Amu has a character transformation - I have always fought the Amulet was for the Humpty Lock or something .__.

I thought it was - okey. The girl who talks with x Charas? I liked that. An not so unexcepted twist.
Oct 3, 2009 4:05 AM

Jan 2008
This really sucks.
I mean, i KNOW that this is a kids show
But...to that degree?

Oh well, have to remember to put my brain in standby when watching this
Oct 3, 2009 4:16 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it. It was different but different is good sometimes. I wish the anime part was longer but maybe if its shorter the quality of the story will be better.

Oct 3, 2009 4:30 AM

Mar 2009
I thought the actual episode was good, if a little short, but I definitely enjoyed it. However, all the rest seemed really pointless.. and the live-action bit just plain annoyed me..
Oct 3, 2009 6:02 AM
Mar 2008
I think the producers are forgetting that the people who started watching Shugo Chara are getting older, as well as the people in SC themselves. How can they go through 100+ episodes and only grow one year older? Plus it seems as if they're aiming at younger and younger audiences. At first I loved how it was aimed at young girls yet it had that element of cool-ness, but now it's just downright childish -_- Plus I seriously don't see the point in having the mini-anime and the cosplayers. It just wastes time. Plus the girl cosplaying Amulet Clover has an annoying voice. And the way the cosplayers talk is just...it's like a stone trying to speak enthusiastically.
Oct 3, 2009 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
Quite interesting ... but i find the front part not exactly that nice .. the real episodes are better

Oct 3, 2009 7:11 AM

Feb 2009
sakesend said:
I thought the actual episode was good, if a little short, but I definitely enjoyed it. However, all the rest seemed really pointless.. and the live-action bit just plain annoyed me..

Yeah same here. I Always love all the music in this show though :D
Oct 3, 2009 7:43 AM

Jun 2008
cherrystarxx said:
I think the producers are forgetting that the people who started watching Shugo Chara are getting older, as well as the people in SC themselves. How can they go through 100+ episodes and only grow one year older? Plus it seems as if they're aiming at younger and younger audiences. At first I loved how it was aimed at young girls yet it had that element of cool-ness, but now it's just downright childish -_- Plus I seriously don't see the point in having the mini-anime and the cosplayers. It just wastes time. Plus the girl cosplaying Amulet Clover has an annoying voice. And the way the cosplayers talk is just...it's like a stone trying to speak enthusiastically.

Thank you, now I can skip a bit from my long, long ranting about this ep. If season one would be like this, I would ...I'll use my Caps Lock voice for a bit... NEVER pick this series up. I was about 16 when I started to watch it and it had that magical aura of "cool & spicy", but this..... I mean, wtf??! I don't even have no words for it 0.o It looked like it's aimed at 10 year olds now!
I still want to give SC3 another chance, because the new girl has some good potential, but it must improve VERY MUCH [including ep lenght], so that I can again be proud that I watch SC.
Positive comments? At least music is still enjoyable...
Overall episode rating: 2 (the lowest rating I have given to a SC ep... ever...)
Oct 3, 2009 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
CherryHawk said:
So like, I dunno how many other doods in their 20's have been watching Shugo Chara like me, but I think it just got a lot less dignifying haha. I think with the new live action elementary girl clips I will be more inclined to not let people know I watch the show since it kinda makes me look like a pedophile (doh!). We need more Ikuto in Amu's room imo.

feelin the same
Animanis said:

But...to that degree?
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 3, 2009 8:04 AM
Jul 2008
I hope they won't use that long time in the next episodes, before the anime series actually start.
Oct 3, 2009 8:15 AM

May 2009
The new character is even worse than Yaya in terms of childishness and hyperactivity, but the only redeeming factor is her ability to talk to X-Eggs (who can also be the result of abandonment by their owners, something which wasn't ever mentioned in S1 or 2).

I hope the anime will start a little sooner next time, now all the mandatory explanations are over. All the added stuff wasn't really needed, IMO.

As for the music: the SCP OP was decent enough, the anime OP wasn't too bad, but I totally love the ED. I didn't like Take It Easy, so hearing this has restored my faith in the band.
Oct 3, 2009 9:18 AM

Dec 2008
It's ok..
Oct 3, 2009 9:44 AM
Jul 2008
Bad start to a mediocre follow-up to what was once a fantastic magical girl series. It's sad to see how much they changed around because they're out of manga material to work with.

I hope the anime ends after this. I really, really do.
Oct 3, 2009 10:31 AM
Jan 2009
This sucked soo bad! The episode was too short, most of it was on puchi puchi. I didn't think they would waste like 10 min. on that..Ill give it another chance but they really messed it up :\
i wanna see ikuto!
Oct 3, 2009 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
KayChan4U said:
I have high hopes for this season. I'm hoping it won't let me down like last season did.

I'm hoping the same thing! This episode felt relaxed, and it seems to have a lot more planned ahead than last season. :)
Oct 3, 2009 10:47 AM
Sep 2009
I'm so disappointed! I was hoping to watch Ikuto send Amu a text message giving her signs to go to the Amusement park. Then they have an amazing little date. Then he says he has to go (because he has to find his dad). THEN Amu goes into a fit and asks herself if she really loves Ikuto. Then go after him in the airport and be like, "IKUTO! WAIT!" and then after a small talk... KISS ON CHEEK... "I will make you fall in love with me" action~! (manga...)

BUT NO. It had to start this new season with some 5 year old crap! Then they introduce this new girl, Rikka. Honestly, she's a cool character... But what are they going to do with the plot? What about the manga? I'm so disappointed in the Shugo Chara anime. >:(
Oct 3, 2009 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
I'm 20 years old...
I really liked this series...
But I dunno what to say anymore...
I don't really know if I should laugh or cry. Lawl
Aahh...I feel like crying more.
I sure hope it's just because I'm sick today that's why I feel like crying. Lawl xD
I'm starting to hate Satelight. :'/
May I curse them? Please? xD

RawrKitty said:
BUT NO. It had to start this new season with some 5 year old crap! Then they introduce this new girl, Rikka. Honestly, she's a cool character... But what are they going to do with the plot? What about the manga? I'm so disappointed in the Shugo Chara anime. >:(

Tell me about it...that's why I feel like crying...while laughing...man I must be going mad... O_o
It's filler shit I guess, just like in Doki...it's gonna be hard to watch this show, even if I tell myself to shut my brain for 30 mins just for this show. O_O
Oh God help me. >_<
FukuWijaOct 3, 2009 12:17 PM

Oct 3, 2009 12:22 PM
Dec 2008
I do hope the actual anime will be longer than 15 minutes. I don't mind the fillers, and that it's not following the storyline, since the manga isn't THAT far ahead. I just really hope the actual anime will be longer than just 15 minutes.
Oct 3, 2009 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
Animanis said:
This really sucks.
But...to that degree?

Oh well, have to remember to put my brain in standby when watching this

hahaha i know i felt the same way! i feel like i can't let anyone see me watching this or they will degrade me!
Oct 3, 2009 2:44 PM

Nov 2008
sakesend said:

+1. D:

I gave this season a try, hoping it would be better than the last season. >> But I just couldn't get into it. >_> I think I'm just watching this season now because I just want to get all of them done. >> Well, I'm also watching this to see if Amu gets to find out that Nadeshiko is Nagihiko. XD If she doesn't, I'll be sad, lol.
Oct 4, 2009 3:04 AM

Jan 2009
urgh. not happy. but hey, what could i expect? the anime caught up to the manga, so this season is completely fillers till the manga can get ahead.

i hated the live actors part. really pointless. why are they trying to appeal to a younger audience? and puchi puchi was unnessecary as well.

i much prefer the manga, but i still love both of the first seasons, the filler eps were enjoyable :)

but i think ill give this season a miss. how dissapointing.
Oct 5, 2009 12:28 AM

Mar 2008
cherrystarxx said:
And the way the cosplayers talk is just... it's like a stone trying to speak enthusiastically.

THIS.
Oct 5, 2009 6:19 AM

Feb 2009
Last season really let me down. The only thing I liked about that season was the Ikuto and Amu scenes. I hope in this season she dumps Tadase and hooks up with Ikuto, then it might be worth watching but so far the first episode bored me once again. I still have hopes that it will be good and have a better storyline.
Oct 5, 2009 6:22 AM

Feb 2009
RawrKitty said:
I'm so disappointed! I was hoping to watch Ikuto send Amu a text message giving her signs to go to the Amusement park. Then they have an amazing little date. Then he says he has to go (because he has to find his dad). THEN Amu goes into a fit and asks herself if she really loves Ikuto. Then go after him in the airport and be like, "IKUTO! WAIT!" and then after a small talk... KISS ON CHEEK... "I will make you fall in love with me" action~! (manga...)

what part of the manga is that in?
Oct 5, 2009 8:13 AM

Jul 2009
animegurl09 said:

what part of the manga is that in?

It's on chapters 42-43.
Now, my opinion of Shugo Chara Party.
IT SUCKS.The only thing I can save of it is the songs,but the second opening it looks that is fanmade! They could made some original animation,not a recap opening.
Now that Ikuto and Amu's charas aren't in the manga(chapter 44),and with the hyperactive(I like Yaya,but Rikka is too much kid!!)Rikka,I think that I will have a break of Shugo Chara...a really long break..
Oct 7, 2009 12:43 PM

Apr 2008
I really liked the episode. Rikka is a very interesting character and she may live up to Lulu, who I miss so badly. =/

And talking about the show in general, not the anime itself, I actually enjoyed it. Pucchi Puchi is great, and the SCE! part was a little boring, but now I can see more of Akari. I just wish they didn't change the other members, because Mizuki and Irori are really bad until now. I hope they get better. And I'm really excited to see who's gonna be Dia. ^^
Oct 8, 2009 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
The beginning killed it. I'm considering dropping it if it's going to be like this for every ep.
Oct 8, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
lizzy234moo said:
The beginning killed it. I'm considering dropping it if it's going to be like this for every ep.

So you can consider it dropped, because it's gonna have the live action and the pucchi puchi segment every episode. The anime is just a part of the show.
Oct 9, 2009 12:19 AM

Sep 2009
This is a little disappointing. The actual show is only 10mins now. Regarding the actual show...it's seems to be ok. I am interested in that new character. I think I'm going to be skipping the other stuff that takes up the rest of the 30 mins.
Oct 10, 2009 1:45 PM

Aug 2007
Pfah, didn't feel watching this when I heard there was a new character. New character that isn't from the manga means fillers. Can somebody notify me when they get back to the awesomeness of Shugo Chara that is put in the corner? They should have simply waited for at least a year to create a new season... Oh well. Dropped.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 10, 2009 3:08 PM

Aug 2007
OP was more of a music video than an OP.

And Shugo Chara is officially a kids show.

not dropping it, but it's gonna take forever to complete it.
Oct 15, 2009 7:08 AM

Sep 2009
only part i liked was the end finally something new is happening >.> rest of the episode was just the same as usual but why was it 13 mins o.O
Oct 22, 2009 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Finally, Dia is accompanying Amu and her other charas ^^
A good start, Rikka is really a cute and funny girl... quite a surprise she can understand and live with so many X-eggs...

The Puchi Puchi part is a bit so-so, it's a waste of time, but it's funny anyway. And the live action, well... a waste of time too, but the Amulet Heart girl is really cute (the others too of course^^)
Oct 23, 2009 1:47 PM

Sep 2008
CherryHawk said:

EDIT: Wait, I think I just admitted to something -_-

Oh my gosh! I feel the exact same way! xD

Jan 22, 2010 4:50 PM

Nov 2008
that episode had my twitching with how bad it was with the crap besides the actual episode D:
Feb 24, 2010 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
wow i love buono and everything but... i really want a normal animation end and op... but its still awesome cuz its shugo chara!!! X3 omg yaya is goin 2 be alone!!! thats a BIG problem XD i can see it now... * vision * >.< AHHHHHHHH XP hehe the new girl was really cute!!! i cant believe she could see the other charas!!! AWESOME... but wait... WOW the end was weird!!! shes friends with the "X" eggs!!! EHHHH!!! omg so shes the new bad guy thing XD well shes got a reason... their her friend... some1 she can talk 2 X3 ahh i hope this season is awesome as all the rests!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Party! Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 4, 2009

26 by Tiulenka »»
May 26, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara! Party! Episode 7 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 13, 2009

17 by Noodle070 »»
Sep 20, 2022 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara Party! Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 6, 2009

16 by Noodle070 »»
Sep 19, 2022 6:11 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara Party! Episode 5 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 30, 2009

17 by Noodle070 »»
Sep 19, 2022 5:18 AM

Poll: » Shugo Chara!!! Dokki Doki Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2009

13 by Noodle070 »»
Sep 18, 2022 1:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.