3It was OK
4.9%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.6
553 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 5, 2007 8:12 AM

Aug 2006
******Spoilers****

Wow... i don't get it!! I really don't get suzaku, his actions don't make any sense. Why does he hate Zero that much, He's willing to sacrifice himself so then they could capture him and i was deeply stunned just watching that.

I think i've said this before but i'll say it again suzaku is ruining this anime and it might end up to the same bashing regards the fans had against Shinn in Gundam seed destiny.
BraveoneMar 5, 2007 8:19 AM
Mar 6, 2007 2:42 PM
Jun 2006
hmm going to have to watch 19 now, suzaku is annoying =/

Mar 6, 2007 4:28 PM

Dec 2006
this show is getting intense

Apr 17, 2007 9:07 PM

Apr 2007
What about that that convo about Uranium 235 that (was it Nina?) and the Earl had during Kururugi's omedeto party? Did anybody else find that symbolic?

Although the Uranium 235 isotope can, in theory be split very easily, it is impossible to put that theory into practice. The same seems to apply to all of Lelouch's plans. No matter how perfectly it works in theory, [unlike in chess,] real-world factors cause the plans to be flawed when it comes to putting them into practice. His plans seem to rely on him having a perfect ability to control the situation, and on perfect people under perfect conditions. Such perfect conditions don't exist, just like the large and pure sample of Uranium 235 needed to observe fission doesn't exist.
Apr 18, 2007 10:54 AM

Apr 2007
Actually, I was kinda hoping that'd be symbolism for the ending of the show. I know most people are rooting for Lulu to pull it all through, but I'm a little torn. You're right that it wouldn't be realistic, but Lelouch already noticed back when he first faced Cornelia that his pawns aren't as perfect as his plans.

On one hand I really want him to fall flat on his face in one way or another, but I also really want him to think of some perfect plan that takes the imperfecties it will have to deal with into account.

gwaaah
Apr 20, 2007 12:37 AM

Apr 2007
Meli said:
Actually, I was kinda hoping that'd be symbolism for the ending of the show. I know most people are rooting for Lulu to pull it all through, but I'm a little torn. You're right that it wouldn't be realistic, but Lelouch already noticed back when he first faced Cornelia that his pawns aren't as perfect as his plans.

On one hand I really want him to fall flat on his face in one way or another, but I also really want him to think of some perfect plan that takes the imperfecties it will have to deal with into account.

gwaaah

Right, he noticed that a plan that depends on people isn't perfect. I've started to watch [what's been aired of] the series again and I've noticed a lot of subtle foreshadowing, like in the first episode, there's something interesting said about Kururugi's watch.
Apr 20, 2007 1:50 PM

Apr 2007
I've rewatched a couple of episodes as well, and there's some pretty interesting stuff. In the sequence that Lelouch sees when he gets the Geass from C.C. we see the back of Lelouch's dad. (going by gg-subs, he's saying: "The union of Ragnarök. The land of legend... once again!")

In the beginning of episode 6, he tells one of the other guys in that thing that he talked to teh dead Clovis, and that they should hurry the plan. ..the emperor is talking to dead people. Not just that, he talked to Clovis, who knew Lelouch is alive and after revenge.

Also I'm completely paranoid about how the Emperor argued during the furnural that Clovis' death is proof that Britannia is evolving >_>

This is less interesting now it's gotten obvious he is somehow involved with that whole Geass thing, but now I'm wondering just how far it goes D:D:

That said, C.C. was an experiment of Clovis and some general of his. How was she an experiment? I mean, they can't have created her: Mao proves she has been around for a while. Did they add a preference for Pizza Hut to her personality?! D:D:

Okay, I'll just keep gwah-ing until everything is explained <_<
Jan 9, 2008 10:57 PM

Sep 2007
Suzaku is really getting on my nerves now. What's even worse is that this show's parallels to Death Note are becoming even more defined.
Lelouch= Light
Geass = Death Note
C.C. = Ryuk
Suzaku = a much stupider but cuter L
Jan 27, 2008 3:04 AM

Jun 2007
there are really quite the lot of questions to answer... mainly regarding the geass, C.C, lelouch's dad, and other stuff...

the show is getting interesting... a lot.. and i gotta say i am lovin' it
Feb 7, 2008 8:59 AM

Jan 2008
The viewers who are hating Suzaku dont get what this anime is about. Suzaku and Lelouch are both achieving the same goal but through different methods. Suzaku being knighted and influencing Euphie will now enable a serious effort to allow 'elevens' to have more human rights. Lelouch's rebellion is a more violent path to the same objective.

The objective being: to change Britannian society.

Its a great anime and some of you guys need to stop hating for a second and look at the bigger picture.

EDIT: Unless you just hate the dude's personality, in which case hate away.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 11, 2008 4:03 PM

Jan 2008
Might as well call this death note 2. Light lost in death note, they should let Zero win in this one damn it!!!
Feb 11, 2008 4:13 PM

Jan 2008
^Uh, I would hide your post if I were you, and put a gigantic spoiler warning over it.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 11, 2008 4:18 PM

Jun 2007
Madonnalal said:
Suzaku is really getting on my nerves now. What's even worse is that this show's parallels to Death Note are becoming even more defined.
Lelouch= Light
Geass = Death Note
C.C. = Ryuk

*cough* L is cuter *cough* xD
Feb 23, 2008 3:33 AM

Feb 2008
LOL! I agree, L is cuter! XD

I don't hate Suzaku totally, it's just that I hate him getting in the way of Zero! XD
Mar 27, 2008 4:28 PM
Oct 2007
Gradually losing interest...

But due to one of the comments above.. I will try and look at the bigger picture...
Apr 9, 2008 8:44 PM

Mar 2008
Cihan said:
The viewers who are hating Suzaku dont get what this anime is about. Suzaku and Lelouch are both achieving the same goal but through different methods. Suzaku being knighted and influencing Euphie will now enable a serious effort to allow 'elevens' to have more human rights. Lelouch's rebellion is a more violent path to the same objective.

The objective being: to change Britannian society.

Its a great anime and some of you guys need to stop hating for a second and look at the bigger picture.

EDIT: Unless you just hate the dude's personality, in which case hate away.

I tend to agree. That also explains why they hate each other so much. When one furthers their goals, it takes aways from the other. It is a zero-sum game in that every follower of Zero takes a follower from Suzaku and ditto the other way around.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Apr 17, 2008 4:17 PM

Jan 2008
The ending for the episode was really good. Also, about the comment about Suzaku, it's not his actions that are annoying, it's just him in general. I think this series is getting better and better, it really keeps my interest.
May 21, 2008 4:01 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode!

btw, Suzaku is annoying me..
Jun 12, 2008 6:29 PM

Jun 2008
that was a CLIFFHANGER!!!! ARGH!!! Must watch next ep!! >.<

But I agree about Suzaku being annoying.... I was wondering why everyone hated him... now I know -_-"
StabbyPWNSJun 20, 2008 5:23 AM

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 20, 2008 7:24 AM

May 2008
This just keeps better and better,and more intense! Moving on to the next ep.

So Suzaku is knighted by the princess. Uhm...yay? -_- *very slow clapping*
Aug 18, 2008 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
Madonnalal said:
Lelouch= Light
Geass = Death Note
C.C. = Ryuk

I totally agree! ^.^
Aug 25, 2008 3:35 PM

May 2008
good episode.
Sep 1, 2008 12:58 PM
Apr 2008
New character who looks vaguely like Clovis in a ridiculous flying warship! YAY!

Climactic doesn't even come close to describing how epic that episode was.

So Lelouch finally used the Geass on Suzaku, although next episode preview looks a bit weird.

Sep 1, 2008 3:01 PM

May 2008
Daang, an intense finish.

I had to watch this one twice. x)
Sep 10, 2008 2:23 PM

Mar 2008
Another great episode. Another member of the royalty appears with incredible firepower. Anyway, Suzaku is really a "good" soldier.
Jan 11, 2009 6:37 PM

Sep 2008
I'm in awe.
Feb 3, 2009 8:48 AM

Mar 2008
wow.. Lelouch is going to use his geas on Suzaku?!?! D: gah~ now I definitely have to watch the next episode right away!!! though I don't really get why everyone hates Suzaku.. the only thing I don't like about him is his willingness to follow orders but that's really a disliking I have for the army in general rather than Suzaku himself :/ I think that he's a really good polar opposite to Lelouch (though recent revelations make him not so 'polar opposite' xD) and he has a very honest and open personality.. plus, although their enemies now, whichever one of them wins, we'll get the same outcome. just suzaku's way, less people end up dying. it's a bit scary that that gets him hate :/

though man =___=;; Clamp do like their onesies >.<
Mar 15, 2009 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
Suzaku is a moron, who is practically just scared pantsless of having to decide for himself. Obviously, he had a man with a pretty strong character for his father. Thus, after taking his life, he feels he must 'repay' him, but joining the Britannian army is NOT the way to do it! >.< baka Suzaku. I don't want to believe that after everything we witness people feel for him, he ends up being a simple(-minded) pawn. Just mechanically repeating what was told he had to do. Stupid obedience complex. That boy annoys the hell out of me. I just wanna slap him rotten.
Mar 22, 2009 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
Suzaku's so weird.. would rather die for nothing..
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Apr 27, 2009 6:12 PM

Nov 2007
...speechless...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 28, 2009 9:59 PM

Jun 2008
what the!?!?! SUZAKU IS REALLY ANNOYING!!!! i hate him now... he keeps on interfering... stupid stupid suzaku...
May 11, 2009 8:48 PM

Mar 2009
Excellent episode for the aerial fight scenes alone (haven't been this pumped up since the last battle scene in the 1st. Star Wars!)
Not to mention that now the plot thickens...this episode is worth seeing again (and again).
May 12, 2009 12:05 AM

Jan 2009
Finally some Kallen in action.lol
May 13, 2009 2:13 AM
Feb 2009
This was a relly great episode ... the plot have now reached a place where neither Suzaku nor Lelouch can get any further without either killing the other one or joining forces.

I agree that suzaku is getting ALOT in the way ... but he is only anoying if you are the type of viewer who want the main character to win no mather the circumstances
I don't want to repeat the guy explaining why they are taking diffrent paths to the same goal
... but before hating him then consider if Lelouch isn't the one to be hated?
he has manipulated hundreds of peoples and killed even more for his own selfish reasons
and then you say Suzaku is anoying ??? (btw I DON'T hate Lelouch)

seing that guy in the air ship I got a theory:
the britaninen emperor has 3 wives each with 2 kids:
- lelouch and nunnaly (can't spell her name)
- cornelia and yufimia
- clovis and guy in air ship
just thinking

in case you guys havn't though of the politics in the story then I can say that Suzaku is putting Yufimia in a really bad position ... we have seen how she has lost alot of her power because she made "an 11" to her knight ... she is even arguing with her sister
so now if Suzaku joins Zero or fails to kill him ... the world will be approved in how wrong Yufimia was and she will be demoted even further
and this IS a problem since she is aiming for the same goal as lelouch and suzaku ... and she has (or had) the power to change things from with in

for the thing about Uranium ... I really hope they aren't seriuos about the britaniens having this problem
the amaricans had the exact same problem during world war 2 and THEY SOLVE IT in f..king 1944
more than 60 years before Code geass
Jun 4, 2009 2:47 PM

Feb 2009
Madonnalal said:
Lelouch= Light
Geass = Death Note
C.C. = Ryuk

Suzaku's NOT cuter than L!!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Jun 17, 2009 9:00 PM
Apr 2009
This show is getting stupid.
Lelouch always gets dumb in front of Suzako, I think it's enough already. Lelouch is a LEADER, LEADERS can't behave like that. In the real world his followers would have left him all alone already.
Jul 20, 2009 1:47 AM

Jan 2009
^^ Ya cause real world concepts must apply to all anime

Anyway, Suzaku kinda is starting to get on my nerves. But not to the point where it's completely unbearable.

Aug 8, 2009 2:35 AM

Jun 2009
so... did suzaku actually see kallen running towards the lancelot?
Aug 8, 2009 11:29 AM

Jun 2009
Oh why am I still watching this - Lelush gets on my nerves. arhhhh I hate animes where the main character acts like a foool!!!!!!
Oct 8, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2009
izikiel said:
hmm going to have to watch 19 now, suzaku is annoying =/

hellls yea!

Oct 19, 2009 2:24 PM

Sep 2009
Awesome episode as always!
Dec 23, 2009 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
SUZAKU PISSES ME OFF SO F****N MUCH I JUST WANT HIM TO DIE
Dec 24, 2009 4:36 AM

Jun 2009
poketonip said:
SUZAKU PISSES ME OFF SO F****N MUCH I JUST WANT HIM TO DIE

I couldn't agree more with you
Jan 17, 2010 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
This is Epic. I'm not sure why I did not watch it earlier. Susaku is someone I don't understand. I wonder if he will ever join them.
Feb 25, 2010 3:09 AM

Feb 2010
4/5

The action is picking up. The conflict between Lelouch
Mar 2, 2010 10:20 AM

Nov 2009
Very good episode, no doubt about it.
Mar 14, 2010 10:07 PM

Mar 2010
Lelouch won't stand a chance against Suzaku
Nov 1, 2010 11:57 AM
Jul 2010
woonie said:
so... did suzaku actually see kallen running towards the lancelot?

I hope not. That was a very desperate move on Kallen's part. She shouldn't have done that.

Damn cliffhanger... I'll have to watch the next one right now. What order has Lelouch given to Suzaku with the geass?
Nov 10, 2010 1:21 AM

Nov 2010
Loved the awkward clapping for Suzaku
Dec 28, 2010 3:11 PM

Jul 2010
Oh shit, he used his Geas on Suzaku. D:
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Requal - Feb 23, 2008

220 by blisscast »»
Yesterday, 6:16 AM

» Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aokaado - Dec 25, 2006

136 by blisscast »»
Yesterday, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - Feb 5, 2008

138 by Alkimia »»
Sep 19, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

135 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 5, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

286 by FlameyWT »»
Sep 5, 4:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.