3It was OK
15.5%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.3
129 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2013 2:22 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ichigo will undergo Asauchi training again to get a new or repair his Zanpaktou

Mod Edit: Removed link. Please only start a chapter discussion after you've read the chapter.
LunaMay 29, 2013 8:06 AM
May 22, 2013 3:17 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty much sure it'll be a reforge. Also, what's with the asauchi being hollow-faced? I know it's Ichigo and all but...
May 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2011
How can this be? An Asauchi with the look of an hollow. And who's the big one at the end? Sajin's father?
Can such a dream truely exist?
May 22, 2013 3:19 AM

Sep 2012
Everybody is training and getting stronger~

I'm curious about's Hisagi's bankai
May 22, 2013 3:20 AM

Jan 2009
Zemus said:
How can this be? An Asauchi with the look of an hollow

another mystery lol

Zemus said:
And who's the big one at the end? Sajin's father?

Ojiji-sama i think means uncle judging from other sources
May 22, 2013 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
How many talking animals are there ...
May 22, 2013 3:23 AM

Jan 2009
Raikami said:
Everybody is training and getting stronger~

I'm curious about's Hisagi's bankai

im more curious if the captains that lost their bankai will have a another/new bankai

Nov 2011
That last page actually piqued my interest. We always knew Sajin was different, but never really questioned his origins or possible links. This will definitely shed some light on that.

Can't wait to see Hisagi's bankai and Ichigo's zanpakutou. That new found determination, what took him and Renji quite a lot of time before only took Ichigo a simple glance his second time.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Aug 2011
OH GOD Ichigo is being awesome again ..i think that asauchi with hollow mask has something to do with the "Shiro Ichigo" ..

note: Psychopath is my name on a Game so this sig is mine . no copy/paste :)
May 22, 2013 3:24 AM

Oct 2011
j0x said:

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.
Can such a dream truely exist?
May 22, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
Hisagi Shuuhei has a bankai? WTF since when?! It was probably mentioned a while back and I simply forgot about it but still... I'm so excited to see his bankai now. His shikai alone, Kazeshini, is too awesome. :D

So that Asauchi was pretty much 'hollow' Ichigo. I wonder what Ichigo's new zanpakutou will be like. Also, the last page was a surprise. Didn't think Komamura would get his own spotlight. I'm guessing that huge shaggy dog is Komamura's 'master'. :P
May 22, 2013 3:28 AM

Jun 2012
This furry think reminds me of never ending story XD...
Not a best chapter but still no worst.

5.5/10
May 22, 2013 3:45 AM

Oct 2010
So it seems like Ichigo personality is now like the way he fought Aizen. So thats a good thing. Some reason i liked how they all bowed down to him.

I still hope he fights the royal guards after this.
May 22, 2013 3:45 AM

Feb 2010
hmm i hope the next few chapters actually progress somewhere
3/5 as usual
May 22, 2013 3:47 AM
エクスカリバアアアア
Oct 2011
Wow Ichigo's Asauchi turned into White with mask. Maybe Ichigo can now truly master his hollow. His Hollow powers weren't mentioned since final getsuga tenshou training so it was about time.
And Toshiro tries to compensate his lost bankai with swordsmanship. Very brave of him if he really tries that against a decent Quincy.
May 22, 2013 3:53 AM

May 2010
Zemus said:
j0x said:

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

I wonder who exactly is this Ojiji-sama
May 22, 2013 3:58 AM

Feb 2012
Nice chapter, glad to see everyone training and trying to get stronger, Quincy's are not playing.

Mashiro ftw, haven't seen her in a while.
May 22, 2013 4:00 AM

Aug 2009
I really really love this chapter. I've waited for ever to see Shuuhei and Kensei interaction and on top of that Shuuhei will train his Bankai. I'm surprised with this development and very exited to see more. Mashiro is her usual self, for what I know she'll always follow Kensei but is more in charge of the ninth division news bulletin, so the whole "super vice captain" position might be something self-proclaimed. She clearly has some rivalry going on with Shuuhei -who is the better supporter to Kensei, and she enjoys to be allowed beating up her rival ^^
I like how Shuuhei highly respects Tousen, he had a good influence on the boy's style after all. It's understandable that Kensei badmouths Tousen, it was a betrayal of the worst kind, but it looks like he will notice Shuuhei's honesty and highly believes in his potential.

Ichigo got connected to his sword spirit - well done. The scene was quite powerful.

Hitsugaya is dealing with his non-bankai situation. It's clearly painful, but he's very mature about it. That's good.

More development for Kumamura - it looks like he seeks back to his roots - really interesting.

5/5
May 22, 2013 4:02 AM
Sep 2012
I wonder if the personality of zangetsu will be lost. The original one. He did cry when ichigo learned the final getsuga tenshou and told him that this meant goodbye.
May 22, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2010
That scene where the Asauchi just kneel before Ichigo was pretty damn strong.
May 22, 2013 4:25 AM
Jan 2008
Lemme guess, all the vice captains can actually Bankai but we got trolled
May 22, 2013 4:27 AM

May 2011
Damn, that animal is HUGE!!
May 22, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2010
Zemus said:
How can this be? An Asauchi with the look of an hollow. And who's the big one at the end? Sajin's father?

Looking at the earlier chapter,

"capable of becoming absolutely anything"

Until we know more, I'd say Ichigo chose "White" again or something that represents his mixed blood self.
antonnMay 22, 2013 4:51 AM
May 22, 2013 4:40 AM

Dec 2012
Good chapter, and yes!!! finally hollow Ichigo is going to be back even if it is in sword form
May 22, 2013 4:51 AM

Sep 2009
awesome chapter, a training one but a good one at that.

I liked how Hitsugaya just bowed his head and admitted he's useless without his bankai and needs to start from the bottom all over again.

They prob won't get a bankai unless they get a new zanpakuto and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Really want to see Hisagi's bankai and I think Kensei can get him to do it if he starts insulting Tousen.

Ichigo finally got his Asauchi back and from what it looks like I guess hollow Ichigo will be returning as well :D

Lol at the veteran giant dog that Komamura visited.
May 22, 2013 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
Since when can most of the vise captains use bankai...?
Anyway it was a good chapter.
May 22, 2013 5:06 AM
Apr 2013
Yes, so Shuhei has Bankai!!!! That's freaking awesome, and I'm so glad we fet to finally see Shuhei and Kensei interact, I've been waiting for that. He doesn't like using his shikai thought, so it'll be even worse for his bankai, but I can't wait to see it!!!! Mashiro's back, Sajin went to see and enormous anchient canine, Toshiro is training, and Ichigo now has a zanpakuto again. I can't wait for next week. What do you think Shuhei's bankai is?
May 22, 2013 5:08 AM
Apr 2013
PhoenixIce said:

I don't think they all can use bankai, but most of them probibly can. To tell the truth I wouldn't be that surprised if Shuhei got his while he trained with Renji after the whole Aizen mess. So far, Renji and Saskabi were the only ones before who had banaki, and Sasakibe trained with the head captain.
May 22, 2013 5:23 AM

Aug 2012
hanasan said:
PhoenixIce said:

I don't think they all can use bankai, but most of them probibly can. To tell the truth I wouldn't be that surprised if Shuhei got his while he trained with Renji after the whole Aizen mess. So far, Renji and Saskabi were the only ones before who had banaki, and Sasakibe trained with the head captain.

You forget Ikkaku, he has Bankai aswell. And while i dont think he has, i wouldnt be surprised if Yumichika has it aswell.
May 22, 2013 5:37 AM

Apr 2011
antonn said:

This!!! Loved this scene most xD
May 22, 2013 5:39 AM

Aug 2007
epic chapter. of all people, hisagi has obtained bankai. makes me wonder about the rest of them. hell, even rukia.
May 22, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2012
Kubo is on a ROLL
one of the best setup chapters in a long while also dat last page... Looks fucking amazing
May 22, 2013 5:58 AM

Dec 2008
Did all those Asauchi just kneel before Ichigo? Wow! Is this a sign of something mindblowingly wonderful to come? That was probably the most interesting thing of this short chapter. Oh, seeing Komamura's grandfather (or uncle?) was interesting as well. Hopefully, we'll get an awesome backstory on Komamura.

If Hollow Ichigo is making a comeback, I hope I'll get to see Old Man Zangetsu again.
Hannah_AnaMay 22, 2013 6:02 AM
May 22, 2013 6:17 AM

Aug 2009
Comburo said:
hanasan said:
PhoenixIce said:

You forget Ikkaku, he has Bankai aswell. And while i dont think he has, i wouldnt be surprised if Yumichika has it aswell.

I think Shuuhei is the only vice captain closest to bankai. Others will have a power-up. We know that before the timeskip Rangiku was reflecting on the loss of Gin and saw how everyone else were training to get stronger. She might have developed in some way.

I kinda question why Kensei find it necessary to have more bankai users, when it is at high risk to be stolen. Even an immature bankai like Shuuhei's (if we assume he has it already) is a threat in the wrong hands.
May 22, 2013 6:31 AM

Jul 2007
antonn said:

^THIS.

Zemus said:

Because Zangetsu and his hollow side are one and the same its already been answered before by the manga in Deicide arc. So just like his FGT form had motiffs of both, his asauchi would have too, since they reflect the nature of their owner's soul.
May 22, 2013 6:39 AM

Dec 2011
A training chapter eh. Can't wait to see what will Shuuhei's bankai look like. He is my favorite vice captain after Kira (shame that he died, I love Wabisuke's power).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2013 7:24 AM

Apr 2011
Like with the Naruto chapter, I felt this chapter was a bit too rushed. Would've liked it better if the chapter started with Ishida and give him a bit of development and ended with "White" kneeling down to Ichigo or with Komamura going into the cave saying he's going to meet his "master". Also, didn't Mayuri blow up his bankai when he fought Szyael? Does he still have his bankai, because he's the one that said a broken bankai cannot be repaired.
May 22, 2013 7:45 AM
Aug 2011
humza said:
I wonder if the personality of zangetsu will be lost. The original one. He did cry when ichigo learned the final getsuga tenshou and told him that this meant goodbye.

He said "i'll forge it for you AGAIN" So I assume it's going to be the same sword, most likely just powered up. Also the swords are connected to the soul of the soul reaper so I assume it will be zangetsu. The only reason he said goodbye is because Ichigo was losing his power, which was obtained again.

Too early to tell but I can't imagine they wouldn't bring him back.

Edit: corrected quote.
Tired_SmurphMay 22, 2013 7:49 AM
May 22, 2013 7:58 AM

Feb 2010
Wait..why they all are bowing to him?
I don't understand how Renji can beat them and Ichigo cannot.
Why he even need asauchi if he can create his own sword?

And why the one Asauchi has hollow face? They were meant to 'fix' his sword, not giving him new one, right? As I see, this one Asauchi can be his 'new sword', what will happen with old one?

And why all shinigamis, especially (vice)captains goes to train swordsmanship? Aside Kenpachi(s) and Vizards fighting using melee weapons are useless. Yeah, I know that 'in real world' you would try ANYTHING, but hey! Why Kubo used more than 50% of pages? If they can beat Quincies using even with bankais, how the heck they can beat them with 'mere swords'. Is this going to be 'kenpachi's army' now?
May 22, 2013 8:01 AM

Feb 2012
Great developments in thsi chapter, I liked it a lot and just like always it feels too short.

Shuuhei having a bankai and Komamura's mentor surprised me the most.
May 22, 2013 8:24 AM

May 2013
Interesting the asauchi had a hollow look. Sucks that Hitsugaya lost his bankai and had to resort to learning swordsmanship.
May 22, 2013 8:37 AM
Sep 2012
Dr_Smurph said:
humza said:

He said "i'll forge it for you AGAIN" So I assume it's going to be the same sword, most likely just powered up. Also the swords are connected to the soul of the soul reaper so I assume it will be zangetsu. The only reason he said goodbye is because Ichigo was losing his power, which was obtained again.

Too early to tell but I can't imagine they wouldn't bring him back.

Edit: corrected quote.

I really hope that is true
May 22, 2013 9:19 AM
May 2013
there is a distinct possibility that the asauchi, instead of becoming a zanpakuto might become a resurrecion just like with ulquiloras duel.
speculations based on the new asauchi
May 22, 2013 9:20 AM

Mar 2008
Oh my god, I laughed so hard at that last panel XD A giant dog, that's just hilarious ;D
May 22, 2013 10:02 AM
Mar 2012
5 things:

1. Hollow asauchi: do we get to see ichigo's hollow side again. Brilliant.

2. Hitsugaya: Does a stolen bankai mean he can't use his shikai anymore i wonder?

3. Hisagi's bankai: God for you man. Looking forward to it. I'd love to see how it matches up to Muguruma's wind bankai as well. Kazeshini must be badass.

4. That is one huge dawg.

5. With all these bankai floating about. Methinks Ishida will definately find himself one. Or at the very least he'll MURDER Mayuri for old times sake.
May 22, 2013 10:05 AM
Mar 2012
Always-Hungry said:
Since when can most of the vise captains use bankai...?
Anyway it was a good chapter.

Hm... I think now that all vice captains are really exactly that: one step closer to captain. Renji and Ikkaku had their bankais, and now during that 17 month break Kensei finally caught up. It's a pity about Kira though... sad how kubo doesn't even hint at his funeral
May 22, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2009
This chapter would be pretty good, if only Kubo didn't insist again with Ichigo's mary-sueness. Oh look, all the asauchi are bowing to him! He's so heroic! So perfect! Wow.
May 22, 2013 10:06 AM
Mar 2012
antonn said:

I concur.
May 22, 2013 10:07 AM
Mar 2012
lordofhollows said:
there is a distinct possibility that the asauchi, instead of becoming a zanpakuto might become a resurrecion just like with ulquiloras duel.
speculations based on the new asauchi

Hm it'd mess with the core of ichigo's fighting style though. Maybe if he goes berserk again? Either way i'm betting the design will be awesome.

Funny and great how kubo isn't satisfied with one design.
May 22, 2013 10:08 AM
Mar 2012
Arashi89 said:
This chapter would be pretty good, if only Kubo didn't insist again with Ichigo's mary-sueness. Oh look, all the asauchi are bowing to him! He's so heroic! So perfect! Wow.

Ichigo is just badass like that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 350 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Mar 19, 2009

146 by Mira_NH »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 200 Discussion

rebwaters - Jan 11, 2010

4 by Dattebayo2992 »»
Apr 29, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.