3It was OK
15.8%
2Disliked it
4.4%
1Hated it
2.1%
Average 4.1
859 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Tinasha seems like the girl who is curious about anything so no wonder she went on a new investigation this episode.

Not much has changed about the tone of the show. It does seem to take a deeper dive into the world lore. Tinasha stands out as a key character that continues to shine with her personality.
Apr 16, 7:58 AM

Feb 2018
Tinasha signed a contract with Oscar and will stay at Farsas Castle. Tinasha learned about strange changes happening at the nearby Magic Lake. Witch is indeed a special and peculiar, perhaps there are only a few of them, but seeing Tinasha covered in blood made me sad. However, within a few minutes, Tinasha was already in bed, wrapped in a blanket. Tinasha is so cute really.

Episode 2 is becoming more interesting, the chara development of Tinasha and Oscar was interesting to follow. Tinasha, who is tsundere, is incredibly adorable when talking to Oscar, and I like that.
Apr 16, 8:02 AM

Feb 2018
So far, The characters has increased, and the story is starting to unfold. Setting aside the fact that Tinasha seems overpowered (cheat), the incredible animation quality in the Fenrir battle truly showcases ENGI's determination. However, with the sudden influx of characters, it becomes an issue to remember them all.
Apr 16, 8:57 AM
Jul 2023
Oh my god the pacing is just so damn horrible, they even skipped a whole arc
Apr 16, 9:01 AM
Sep 2015
Normal soldiers seem too weak to handle this crisis, the red hair guy is cute though.
Apr 16, 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
Well, my hopes for a decent adaptation have been destroyed.
Apr 16, 9:24 AM
Mar 2020
They skipped way to many things, a whole arc, compared to the manga it misses the development of the relationships between the two, they look like just two characters linked by the story.
Instead in the manga they have a playful relationship of love/hate that is incredibly lovable to look at.
It’s not the first time and it’s normal that adaptions may lose details, but this is way too rushed 😭😭😭
Apr 16, 9:25 AM
Jan 2022
That's some plot skipping that will make a kangaroo jealous.
Apr 16, 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
I was about to open a new topic, but, my questions were answered here, I find it quite unfortunate that they have removed so much content.
Apr 16, 10:34 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to kuso9029
Oh my god the pacing is just so damn horrible, they even skipped a whole arc
@kuso9029

UM follows Apothecary Dairies structure where its a series of independent stories with subtle connections to each other, so order doesn't really matter. We won't until next couple episode if ENGI is rushing stuff or just rearrange events. So the festival can still happen but it will just be a little different.
Apr 16, 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
Man the LN readers are going to start annoying us again? Just wait before you jump to conclusions for god's sake.
Apr 16, 10:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Reply to IzayoiSk
Man the LN readers are going to start annoying us again? Just wait before you jump to conclusions for god's sake.
@IzayoiSk Same thoughts, literally the FIRST ones to yap about their DISPLEASURE and trying to ruin it for anime-only walking in here.

I haven't watched the episode yet but i'm chiming in that there are source readers in my circle who are content with what's happening so cheers.
Apr 16, 10:41 AM

Oct 2017
So much for her secret lol, they already know. Animation/visuals were much worse this episode except the fight scene which had a few cool shots. Also Tinasha grew up? Now that's what I needed. That dragon pet is cute btw.

So I wasn't wrong when I thought it felt off with the seqeunce of events. Maybe they are just rearranging things instead of skipping them though. Many adaptations does that.
Apr 16, 10:52 AM

May 2020
Engi can't be trusted.

As for the episode itself, I find it hilarious how those people were content with Tinasha's identity being revealed, despite overreacting at first. Also, can the main dude not make it any more obvious how badly he wants to marry Tinasha lol, or more like wants to get laid down.

Odd pacing aside, guess the entire budget was burned for that 5 seconds "sort-of" action sequence between that beast and Tinasha.
Apr 16, 11:16 AM

May 2019
My first thought when Tinasha got seriously injured was that she may no longer be able to carry Oscar's heir but instead she looks a bit more mature so maybe that won't be an issue. Otherwise I thought this was a decent episode with cute reactions from Tinasha whenever Oscar mentioned marriage.
Apr 16, 11:47 AM
Nov 2019
I'm glad that they've skipped the murder episode. It was out of place. So far dialogues between characters and storytelling are more mature than in the manga. Definitely my favorite show of this season (sorry, Mahouka 3). P.S. Tinasha's stomach being ripped is kind of a fetish for the author. Oscar probably thought that she is done for, at least as a future mother. Naturally he should become more protective towards her from now on.
Apr 16, 11:49 AM
Nov 2023
We have been blessed with many great fantasy stories this year (so many that I think it's possible for Demon Slayer to not win 'Best Fantasy").
I believe Unnamed Memory has the potential to be included in the category of great fantasy stories.
If only the animation was better, we could have had a great fantasy anime.

Regardless, I'm excited to learn more about the mysterious characters of Valt and the girl we saw with him (and also in the after credits).
Apr 16, 11:49 AM
Nov 2023
i like characters' personality tinasha.
Apr 16, 12:16 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
Reply to Terminalecho
They skipped way to many things, a whole arc, compared to the manga it misses the development of the relationships between the two, they look like just two characters linked by the story.
Instead in the manga they have a playful relationship of love/hate that is incredibly lovable to look at.
It’s not the first time and it’s normal that adaptions may lose details, but this is way too rushed 😭😭😭
Terminalecho said:
Already in episode 2 they skipped story arcs? I didn't read the manga, but if what you say is true, as soon as finish the broadcast I'll run to read the manga. So far I like the anime, it looks good, but if the manga readers don't like it, it must be for a reason
Apr 16, 12:19 PM
Nov 2019
Reply to Syureria
Tinasha signed a contract with Oscar and will stay at Farsas Castle. Tinasha learned about strange changes happening at the nearby Magic Lake. Witch is indeed a special and peculiar, perhaps there are only a few of them, but seeing Tinasha covered in blood made me sad. However, within a few minutes, Tinasha was already in bed, wrapped in a blanket. Tinasha is so cute really.

Episode 2 is becoming more interesting, the chara development of Tinasha and Oscar was interesting to follow. Tinasha, who is tsundere, is incredibly adorable when talking to Oscar, and I like that.
@Syureria In this screenshot, Tinasha looks a lot like Yuki-Onna from Kyokou Suiri 2.
Apr 16, 12:50 PM

May 2017
Well, they skipped 2 chapters from the LN, but I think it can't be helped when they have only 12 episodes. It felt rushed but I still enjoyed this episode.
Also voice acting is great especially Tinasha's.
English is not my mother language.
Apr 16, 1:05 PM

Feb 2019
Well seeing a lot of LN readers displeased with the stuff they cut from this episode, but as an anime only I enjoyed it. Tinasha and Oscar relationship is such a breath of fresh air in the fantasy genre and it was nice to see how she’s settling into life at the castle.

I’m normally very anti tsundere, but Tinasha is just such a fun character and she feels mature. It’s not like a childish annoying tsundere. She just comes off as someone who’s been isolated for so long she has to learn to cooperate with and trust others again. Even the little interactions between she and Oscar just feel like two adults talking instead of all the blushing and bashful stuff we normally see.

As for the episode itself, so cool to get to see Tinasha in action, she’s so bad ass. Pulls up on the evil mages and basically goes “oh yall want to unseal him? I’ll do it for you” then still claps him. The fight animation was absolutely insane. ENGI are cooking. Oscar was worried for nothing in the end because Tinasha can handle herself just fine. You don’t earn the nickname witch of the azure moon for nothing lol.

Can not wait for the next episode, these first two have hit so different. Plus Tinasha is gonna be even hotter now
Marinate1016Apr 16, 8:56 PM
Apr 16, 1:33 PM
Oct 2022
Maybe that contract between Tinasha and Oscar will be longer, because they could improve them relationship in a more proper way =)

Tinasha is that kind of curious girl and being a witch, wants to eradicate all the threats.

I loved the fighting scene where Tinasha destroyed that demonic beast from Druza’s magical lake. She is so powerful, no wonder her nickname is “The Witch of Azure Moon”.

So far, I gave this anime 9/10 score on MAL, I really like it. The story, characters, animation, genre and everything else about this anime is awesome, will see how the story will develop after a few episodes.

Oscar wants so badly to marry Tinasha, but I am afraid that will not happen in the near future. Oscar’s swordsmanship is also amazing and OP theme is indeed good.
Apr 16, 1:57 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to OtakuKun1
Maybe that contract between Tinasha and Oscar will be longer, because they could improve them relationship in a more proper way =)

Tinasha is that kind of curious girl and being a witch, wants to eradicate all the threats.

I loved the fighting scene where Tinasha destroyed that demonic beast from Druza’s magical lake. She is so powerful, no wonder her nickname is “The Witch of Azure Moon”.

So far, I gave this anime 9/10 score on MAL, I really like it. The story, characters, animation, genre and everything else about this anime is awesome, will see how the story will develop after a few episodes.

Oscar wants so badly to marry Tinasha, but I am afraid that will not happen in the near future. Oscar’s swordsmanship is also amazing and OP theme is indeed good.
@OtakuKun1

Wow almost all your favorites are from this season? Lol
Apr 16, 2:07 PM
Oct 2022
IKKIsama said:
@OtakuKun1

Wow almost all your favorites are from this season? Lol

Except for “The Banished Former Hero Lives As He Pleases”, I like all of them =)
OtakuKun1Apr 18, 3:44 AM
Apr 16, 2:27 PM

Mar 2010
Reply to IzayoiSk
@IzayoiSk

In fairness the cut stuff is just sidestory stuff that helped with world balding and character stuff. Its not major but it is a bit disappointing. The episode was still good.
Apr 16, 2:43 PM

Jun 2023
No screaming before you slice someone? That’s how it should be.
Apr 16, 3:19 PM

Nov 2020
The whole subplot with this sealed monster felt forced, as if it existed just to have some action.
Overall, a bit of a boring episode, most of the new characters are bland and I can only honestly praise the animations during the fight because it looked very good.
And the witch has developed a bit, she has shown that she has a little more character, and I still can't believe that she has the same voice as Frieren, Mrs. Atsumi is really talented ♥️
3/5
Apr 16, 4:17 PM

Aug 2021
wait why did the animation for that fight actually look pretty sick
Apr 16, 4:27 PM
Mar 2023
i really appreciate, how the character building is going in this episode. The flow of the story is made very well!
Apr 16, 4:35 PM
Jul 2020
That animation quality went crazy
Apr 16, 4:37 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to Terminalecho
@Terminalecho I think this anime version wants to get the story based on the light novel. Thus, this anime version's pace is not as detailed as the manga. They seem to need to cut many parts of the scene but still show scenes that jump to fan service scenes. I really waiting for the volume 2 from the light novel to be an adaptation.
Apr 16, 5:09 PM

Sep 2023
"No means yes if you insists a lot" - Oscar

Tinasha's secret identity lasted a whole half an episode lol. But I'm kinda glad as those secrets can be quite tiring if dragged too long.
Apr 16, 5:40 PM
Jun 2012
Episode one: I am the Witch's apprentice.
Episode two: Whoops, yep I'm the actual witch.. haha..
Episode three: I married the prince? (JK)

The story is interesting, but something just feels slightly off.
Why did she unseal the monster if she knew she would struggle to beat it without a fatal injury.
Also, funny thing about fatal injuries, y'know, it means you will die, not oh I accelerated my growth.
Not sure accelerating growth would have fixed that unless healing magic was thrown in the mix... Unless this was mistranslated.

Also, could Oscar just forget about the marriage thing for like at least two episodes and get to know the girl? Lol.

Dragon is cute.
Couple of new characters seem cute.

Is she going to study his "blessing" or not? XD
Apr 16, 5:54 PM
May 2017
Very good episode! Oscar and Tinasha really seem to be made for each other. I feel myself bewitched...

Tinasha fought, won and killed a Fenrir... beware, Fenrys!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 16, 5:58 PM
Sep 2017
It's amazing how far the story jumps in the anime from the manga or novel, they seem to want to catch up with the ending of vol 2.
Apr 16, 6:12 PM

Apr 2022
visuals actually improved very momentarily there, for a few seconds at least.
Apr 16, 7:16 PM
Jul 2021
Does anyone know, how many years has she aged?
Apr 16, 7:37 PM

Mar 2013
and so Tinasha becomes a gorgeous woman... 😳
now, she can give birth to his heir... hehehe

Jokes aside, the animation was splendidly animated.
We also get to see Tinasha's fight in all angles... hehehe *slurp*
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 16, 7:40 PM

Feb 2018
Reply to Haustlaufivindi
@Syureria In this screenshot, Tinasha looks a lot like Yuki-Onna from Kyokou Suiri 2.
@Haustlaufivindi ah really? Thank you for knowing me, yeah Tinasha look a like Yuki Onna ini Kyoko suiri series
Apr 16, 7:45 PM

Dec 2007
"Ln enjoyers can't let anime onlies enjoy the anime" excuse us for trying to make sure you get the full emotional impact of the series ffs 😭 no one came in here hateful, just stating the facts a whole arc is missed. "it wasn't important anyway" it gave pacing points into the wolf sub-plot "wait and see if they adapt it out of order" sure but I don't see a pay off if it keeps the pacing blitz. The novels are slow burns themselves tbh, manga and LN pacing are quite similar iirc

If the studio couldn't adapt the content in 12 episodes they should have just made it longer lmao

Anyway I am happy to see Oscar and Tinasha animated and the op/ed are perfect for the series.
Apr 16, 8:17 PM
Oct 2021
Unexpected fight scene that was animated really well.
Apr 16, 10:16 PM
Jun 2019
Bruh they skipped A LOT wtf, all the playful relationship at the start that i enjoyed in the manga and one kiss
Apr 16, 10:30 PM
Apr 2023
Tinasha just became more beautiful now that she let herself grow older for a bit.
Studio Engi's animation is good but it makes you want to imagine what if Madhouse was the one to animate this adaptation, especially that fight with the demon beast.
Context: Madhouse is the studio which adapted the Sousou no Frieren manga to anime (Tinasha is voiced by Tanezaki Atsumi, the same voice actress of Frieren)
Apr 17, 12:31 AM

Nov 2017
Despite what Tinasha says, they are growing closer each day
Apr 17, 12:32 AM

Apr 2011
So her secret have been found already, thank's to that old man's mouth. Sucks for him and his groupies that Tinasha killed them. She really meant that he'll
have the same fate as his master.

Glad she's alright. I got a bit worried when she took a hit. But she's a witch so that's find.

As for the LN and Manga readers complaining, I suggest to stop watching this show. As a anime only viewer it's doing fine, and the studio is taking their liberties on this show. From what I learned watching anime adaptations in the past is that a lot of them don't accurately follow the original. It's usually meant to increase the sale of the original, so its best to treat it as a stand alone product.
Apr 17, 12:47 AM

Jun 2008
Man... they skipped at least two chapters... and good ones at that
First they didn't really show why Tinasha wanted to train with the sword and then they showed Al's as incompetent while Tinasha herself mention in the LN that she can't beat him currently with just sword skills, and Al's said that he could never beat Oscar so we can see how strong Oscar really is.

The skipped the whole Festival thing where the interactions between Tinasha and Oscar is essential for their development (and the whole uncle thing)

After that they skipped the murder and mystery part (which was really good) and shows how the world can be fucking brutal and the reason why Tinasha kept close eye on the river where the beast was located (she did so before but after the murder mystery she had a reason to worry).

Oh boy am I disappointed in this, I'm not expecting that they adapt everything but its like taking Sword art online and skipping the whole part
where Kirito and Asuna interacts before living together.

But I guess they did spend most of the budget and time on that battle which was good
Apr 17, 3:19 AM
Jan 2020
Ryuuki Hashimoto please leave ENGI
Apr 17, 3:56 AM

Jan 2017
This rapist apprentice guy is getting really annoying.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 17, 5:54 AM

Dec 2015
Dear god, how can this drop the ball so hard from a single episode. They rushed so many things on this episode that Tinasha changed her personality in 20 minutes. Not to mention how they also dropped the "I'll be hiding for a while" and instantly revealed she is a witch. I bet the next episode also solves everything with these new characters introduced on the Lake.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11

45 by Weeb_Isekai »»
46 minutes ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4

45 by Weeb_Isekai »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28

63 by Weeb_Isekai »»
52 minutes ago

» Manga vs anime

Akanekino - Yesterday

4 by Kaitaka12 »»
Today, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

45 by Weeb_Isekai »»
Jun 14, 1:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.