3It was OK
10.2%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.5
254 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2017 5:26 AM
Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The Raw is out ! This time we visit Eldian's ghetto in marley, with some Reiner's flashbacks.

What i found interesting is in the pages 13/14/15 , we see the Black Haired guy, with the armband in his right arm, who appeared in the previous chapter .
I really want him to be EREN :O !
Jun 6, 2017 6:54 AM

Jan 2016
This chapter killed me T^T, so much pain... I really love the warriors!
Aah... I can't wait for chapter 95 anymore.
Jun 6, 2017 2:41 PM

Nov 2012
It's really weird reading this chapter after watching the latest episodes in season 2. We finally get some explanation as to why Reiner became a warrior. From the looks of it, his death will be sooner than I thought. Will he at least get to know Historia is now a queen?
Eren's grandparents are still alive... Doesn't really surprise me, considering their "guts". A family reunion would be interesting, though.
Is it me or there was a total dissonance between Reiner's tone and what he says about the Eldians in Paradis? Not only does it look like he misses his time in the 104th, it also seems like he's having second thoughts about the whole war thing. To be fair, it does look like his time in the 104th was way better than his time training to be a warrior.
This chapter felt a little underwhelming, I expected them to at least announce Reiner's successor at the end or show Paradis' side of things... At least we got to see Eren bored out of his mind.
Oh yeah, was Annie crushing a bug? At first I thought she'd spit blood and was hiding it That brings back some Petra memories T^T
kchorrex2012Jun 6, 2017 2:58 PM
Jun 6, 2017 3:12 PM

Dec 2016
wtf we still not get to see eren and his friends? 1/5
Jun 6, 2017 3:24 PM

Nov 2012
raoufe16 said:
What i found interesting is in the pages 13/14/15 , we see the Black Haired guy, with the armband in his right arm, who appeared in the previous chapter .

Rudan said:

You're not alone, Raoufe. A lot of people on the facebook page that shared a Spanish translation of the chapter are saying that guy may be Eren in disguise D: Apparently that guy also showed up in chapter 93, page 37, or at least it seems to because that guy's also wearing his armband on the wrong arm. So, who knows?

kchorrex2012Jun 6, 2017 3:44 PM
Jun 6, 2017 4:18 PM
Dec 2015
kchorrex2012 said:
It's really weird reading this chapter after watching the latest episodes in season 2. We finally get some explanation as to why Reiner became a warrior. From the looks of it, his death will be sooner than I thought. Will he at least get to know Historia is now a queen?
Eren's grandparents are still alive... Doesn't really surprise me, considering their "guts". A family reunion would be interesting, though.
Is it me or there was a total dissonance between Reiner's tone and what he says about the Eldians in Paradis? Not only does it look like he misses his time in the 104th, it also seems like he's having second thoughts about the whole war thing. To be fair, it does look like his time in the 104th was way better than his time training to be a warrior.

This chapter felt a little underwhelming, I expected them to at least announce Reiner's successor at the end or show Paradis' side of things... At least we got to see Eren bored out of his mind.
Oh yeah, was Annie crushing a bug? At first I thought she'd spit blood and was hiding it That brings back some Petra memories T^T

I hate that there's a lot of Eldians like them rather live their entire lives in fear of the marleyans. Very pointless too. Also, I hate those that possess the shifter abilities thinks it's ok to protect their people by working for the marleyans to attack their own race even though they might have separated from them for more than a century. I've gotta applaud the author for drawing parallels between the two factions as well as adding common historical wars ideologies to his story.

Also, someone translated bits of the important parts of the chapter. http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/
voidepressionJun 6, 2017 4:29 PM
Jun 6, 2017 4:52 PM

Nov 2012
voidepression said:

I hate that there's a lot of Eldians like them rather live their entire lives in fear of the marleyans. Very pointless too. Also, I hate those that possess the shifter abilities thinks it's ok to protect their people by working for the marleyans to attack their own race even though they might have separated from them for more than a century. I've gotta applaud the author for drawing parallels between the two factions as well as adding common historical wars ideologies to his story.

Also, someone translated bits of the important parts of the chapter. http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/

Well I guess the anti-Eldian propaganda has been really effective in brainwashing the Eldians in the continent. It doesn't help that they were abandoned by their king. I mean, Reiner seems to be realizing just now how much he was brainwashed. I wonder how exactly is that Marley managed to get hold of so many shifters in the first place, back when technology wasn't able to compete with titans.

I wonder if, in the case of an open war, team Eren would be able to convince the Eldians in the continent to join them against Marley (not the shifters, just the civilians). Sounds rather difficult to pull it off all things considered.

I did read an full translation in Spanish already (luckily it's my mother tongue) :P I'll read the English version whenever it gets released (either yonkouprod, mangastream or the official), just to double check.
Jun 6, 2017 5:42 PM
Jul 2013
Well, it's true that we're missing the paradise team, but , i like how isayama changed the thing out there :
First, the mysteries were around the hometown,the warriors and the marley side
and Now we want to discover how things turned out in paradise side, what they are planning, what happend to annie ? did eren master the coordinate powers ?
Anyway the survey corps infiltrating Marley is is an awesome action, and i think that eren is no more that '' i wanna revenge kid'' , and now he's trying to understand the other side, to stop this circle of vengeance

Jun 6, 2017 7:26 PM

Nov 2012
raoufe16 said:
Well, it's true that we're missing the paradise team, but , i like how isayama changed the thing out there :
First, the mysteries were around the hometown,the warriors and the marley side
and Now we want to discover how things turned out in paradise side, what they are planning, what happend to annie ? did eren master the coordinate powers ?
Anyway the survey corps infiltrating Marley is is an awesome action, and i think that eren is no more that '' i wanna revenge kid'' , and now he's trying to understand the other side, to stop this circle of vengeance

Perhaps Eren was able to break Annie's crystal with his new abilities or with the lightning spears? Dunno, but I just hope they don't kill her off-camera like Ymir, that would be really lame after all these years of waiting. Speaking of Ymir, I expected her to play a bigger role after all the hints Isayama kept dropping since the beginning of the series, but at least her letter to Historia was really touching, it kinda made up for her... anticlimactic demise (I'm also interested in how Historia is going to change now). Back to Annie, I want to know her reactions to the news of Bertholdt's death, the warriors' defeat... and how her father is doing, considering she hasn't returned to Marley. Unless, of course, Annie had eaten her father/mother to become a shifter D: .
kchorrex2012Jun 6, 2017 7:50 PM
Jun 6, 2017 8:03 PM

Jul 2016
lmao xD I laugh so hard when Reiner describe the eren and co., especially sasha and those eldians are like " they're really are devils".

glad to know more about Reiner's backstory.
Jun 6, 2017 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
ah some backstory of Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, and the rest of the Eldian titan shifter warriors of Marley

its also cool to know the name of the titan form of Gerald(?) which is the Jaw Titan

so Reiner does not have impressive abilities as a soldier/warrior but his so called loyalty to be a Marley citizen is his only good trait

the Eldians of Marley thinks Eren and the rest of the Eldians on the walls are enemies of humanity
Jun 6, 2017 8:49 PM

Oct 2013
Not much was reveal this chapter, but I'm glad that we are getting more backstory for the warriors and overall seeing their perspective on things. Also I bet that dude is Eren.
Jun 6, 2017 9:02 PM
Apr 2011
Eren is the one legged guy. He also appeared last chapter. There is literally no reason why Isayama would draw a random character in two chapters unless he is someone important.
Jun 6, 2017 11:36 PM

Nov 2015
really slow chapter but we got to know Reiner's past.

And omg what a shitty translation.

Jun 7, 2017 12:06 AM

Apr 2016
Well that's a Volume's worth of that irritating Gabbi. Hopefully next month we'll go back to the Paradis Island gang.
The-JonesJun 7, 2017 2:30 AM
Jun 7, 2017 12:47 AM

Aug 2012
Ah Reiner backstory. This reminds me of Mikasa

That person with 1 leg is probably Eren. Reminds me of the time he had 1 leg during the Battle of Trost too lol.

Reiner was like the Armin of the group, when he was running behind Marcel was kinda like the scene Armin was running behind Reiner during there training days.

Oh and this panel reminds me of the Petra scene :(

Isayama is a madman for this! http://motorcyclles.tumblr.com/post/161496951242/im-screamingggg
Jun 7, 2017 1:01 AM

Jan 2016
Ahh I can't get enough of Reiner, great chapter. Backstory to the previous generation of Warriors, how the eldian people see the Islanders is not actually surprising and very understandable.

Reiner knows both side of the story and that's why I think that his mind is in doubt, not that he's not loyal I mean that he still feels for Eren and Co
Jun 7, 2017 1:29 AM

Aug 2008
Reading this chapter made me really miss Ymir and Annie...LE SIGH. Anyways nice flashback for Reiner. I like Pieck haha she's really chill for her crazy titan form.
Jun 7, 2017 2:39 AM

Sep 2013
This chapter might explain why Annie was massacring the scouts in a sadistic way when she first appeared as the female titan even though it was kinda out of character when we learned more about her later. it looks like she has a "Crush fetish".
Jun 7, 2017 4:32 AM
May 2017
Amazing chapter!
Finally we get to see some Reiner and Co. backstory! Like I waited forever to know how Reiner, Bertoldt, Annie, Marcel, Galliard and the rest met.
Was that seventh person training with them Zeke? He looks so much like Colt so I was kinda confused.
Interesting to know that Reiner's father was a Marleyian. Now we know his true motivation to become a warrior, which is even more interesting. This chapter adds a lot to Reiner's character development too. I never thought I would sympathize with him this much. Thanks Isayama, you're da best T_T
Also, I'm 99.99% sure that Reiner did not really mean what he said when he told everyone that life on Paradis Island was hell and that the people there are demons. Perhaps that was just to scare Gabi so she won't risk her life by fighting them or something like that? Since he told Falco in the previous chapter that he has to protect her.
Heh, recalling Sasha's potato made me grin. And how Reiner described that moment! LOL.
Again, it was a brilliant chapter. Looking forward to next month's chapter. Finally returning to the main cast!
Jun 7, 2017 4:43 AM
May 2017
FireFistYamaan said:

Reiner knows both side of the story and that's why I think that his mind is in doubt, not that he's not loyal I mean that he still feels for Eren and Co

Good point you've got there! Maybe that's what makes him hesitant to pass his titan to Gabi (or however is gonna get it). Too bad that he hasn't got much time left.
Jun 7, 2017 5:05 AM

Oct 2013
Kaede-chan55 said:
Amazing chapter!
Finally we get to see some Reiner and Co. backstory! Like I waited forever to know how Reiner, Bertoldt, Annie, Marcel, Galliard and the rest met.
Was that seventh person training with them Zeke? He looks so much like Colt so I was kinda confused.
Interesting to know that Reiner's father was a Marleyian. Now we know his true motivation to become a warrior, which is even more interesting. This chapter adds a lot to Reiner's character development too. I never thought I would sympathize with him this much. Thanks Isayama, you're da best T_T
Also, I'm 99.99% sure that Reiner did not really mean what he said when he told everyone that life on Paradis Island was hell and that the people there are demons. Perhaps that was just to scare Gabi so she won't risk her life by fighting them or something like that? Since he told Falco in the previous chapter that he has to protect her.
Heh, recalling Sasha's potato made me grin. And how Reiner described that moment! LOL.
Again, it was a brilliant chapter. Looking forward to next month's chapter. Finally returning to the main cast!

They are the enemies, know way he would or could talk good things about them, if he did that they would call him a traitor and he would get eaten immediately. So Yeah, he was lying.

That is like living in North Korea but praising the US for example. You would get a accidental death there. lol
Jun 7, 2017 5:55 AM

Apr 2016
Mystery man (Eren?) with the armband on the wrong arm for 2 chapters. Obviously building up to a major reveal. If it IS Eren, the question is: has he gone rogue in order to find out about his father's roots (he deliberately withheld info from his comrades regarding his memories). And the last time we saw him he seemed to be fixated on the enemy on the other side of the ocean. Or is this part of a solo reconnaissance mission for the Paradis military? Or is he going to undertake a similar operation that Owl did all those years ago? Hmmm...

Right now the identity and purpose of that individual is much more interesting than the interpersonal stuff between the Warriors.
Jun 7, 2017 5:58 AM
May 2017
keragamming said:
Kaede-chan55 said:

They are the enemies, know way he would or could talk good things about them, if he did that they would call him a traitor and he would get eaten immediately. So Yeah, he was lying.

That is like living in North Korea but praising the US for example. You would get a accidental death there. lol

Yeah, you're right, forgot about that >_<"
Jun 7, 2017 6:13 AM

Oct 2015
This is the first time I've enjoyed a chapter this much about the continent!

Yup, the mystery man really looks like Eren. He can cut his own leg then later regrow it at his own will if he has to.
It was also really funny when they showed all the injured guys and their leader told them to "walk properly" and I saw the (mysterious) guy with 1 leg. lmao!!!

I usually don't enjoy backstories that much, but I really love the story of Reiner.
From his childhood he kept brainwashing himself to hate the Eldians on the island as much as possible, since this is the only thing he can get himself to become a warrior, because he's not specially good at anything, but the government gets an erection whenever someone bashes on the islanders. That's been his winning card so far in the flashback.
After he got friends(?) on the island, he realized they're good people, and later (in the current anime episodes) he got really confused whether he wants to be a warrior of Marley, or soldier of the islanders.
Self-brainwashing to achieve something vs. The actual experience.

When he talked about the past it seemed really grotesque as he kept describing funny, little, not so important things as something really evil, to make the others happy. Especially that Sasha part. Funny!

Also, did anyone else realize the part when Reiner was asked to talk about the island, it was the exact same scene as when Eren was asked in the camp to talk about the titans on the island? Both of them felt like vomiting, then went like "nope, it ain't trouble for me, I can talk".

So yeah I really enjoyed this chapter, I hope the mangaka keeps up this quality!
Slim_LamieJun 7, 2017 6:30 AM
Jun 7, 2017 6:37 AM

Oct 2016
I read somewhere someone saying that Isayama said Eren was only the main character to move the plot forward and that if needed, he was expendable too. Seeing as hobo Eren is undercover in Marley, that might just be true and he might end up bringing some of those kids to their side and even pass on the Attacking Titan to one of them (maybe Falco, if this chapter foreshadowed anything). Gabi will most likely inherit the Armored and be an enemy until the end because the Marleyan propaganda brainwashed her to a point where turning back seems almost impossible. If this is true, we might get a divided team of shifters fighting for the Eldians (led by Falco?) and other team of brainwashed shifters (led by Gabi) fighting for Marley.
Now for Mikasa and Armin, I also read that Isayama said they were going their separate ways with different objectives. How true is this, I dont know.

Either way, the story is at a point where we have as many misteries and unknown info as we had back when the manga started. And knowing Isayama, he will come up with the best ways to reveal those misteries and keep the story top tier until the end.
Jun 7, 2017 6:51 AM

Apr 2016
sim0n2170 said:
Ah Reiner backstory. This reminds me of Mikasa

That person with 1 leg is probably Eren. Reminds me of the time he had 1 leg during the Battle of Trost too lol.

Reiner was like the Armin of the group, when he was running behind Marcel was kinda like the scene Armin was running behind Reiner during there training days.

Oh and this panel reminds me of the Petra scene :(

Isayama is a madman for this! http://motorcyclles.tumblr.com/post/161496951242/im-screamingggg

Oh god the memes LOL
Jun 7, 2017 9:52 AM
Jul 2015
Calling it now: the manga will end before Reiner passes on his titan.

There's no chance Eren will die, as Isayama already made it clear that Armin has plot armour.

I'm getting tired of these Marley backstory chapters! It's just too many and the plot feels like it's dragging. Give us the Paradis crew! Give us Levi!
Jun 7, 2017 10:23 AM
May 2017
mangomango said:
I'm getting tired of these Marley backstory chapters! It's just too many and the plot feels like it's dragging. Give us the Paradis crew! Give us Levi!

Dragging? I think Isayama is doing a brilliant job in revealing the continent's people side of the story while teasing us about what the Paradis people are doing.

This chapter was great, I got goosebumps with the possibility that one legged dude might be Eren :)

How about the mysterious guy from the 7 warriors, is that Zeke or is he the guy who inherited the Titan yet to be revealed? He does seem to be the leader, and he does look older than the rest, which would fit Zeke but there are two interesting things about that:

- Zeke got his titan one year earlier than the others. If that guy isn't Zeke, than that's the reason only 6 of them were chosen and that guy is the unknown Titan. If that is Zeke, than what was the reason he got is Titan earlier than the rest?

- If that is Zeke, than who is the unknown Titan and why is it different from the others?
Jun 7, 2017 10:45 AM

Sep 2007
interesting chapter, with every new fact about the warrior trio and their past i love them more and more and honestly i feel sad for them too.. they live inside walls too and the pressure and oppression they face is no different than the people of the island faced with the titans... its just a sad and tragic fate for both of them :(

i like how Isayama switched the narrative to their point of view so we can have a full understanding of both sides and i hope they can realize that the best way to end this curse is to talk it through not to fight and kill each other... the era they're in now is different than 100 years ago they should sit their difference around the table with politics and negotiation instead of fight

i think the mysterious man is Eren but knowing how Isayama can be a troll sometimes maybe he's not who knows! if its not Eren the only person i can think of is the 9th titan shifter what do you guys think?
Jun 7, 2017 12:25 PM
Apr 2017
Sarah-Sama said:
interesting chapter, with every new fact about the warrior trio and their past i love them more and more and honestly i feel sad for them too.. they live inside walls too and the pressure and oppression they face is no different than the people of the island faced with the titans... its just a sad and tragic fate for both of them :(

i like how Isayama switched the narrative to their point of view so we can have a full understanding of both sides and i hope they can realize that the best way to end this curse is to talk it through not to fight and kill each other... the era they're in now is different than 100 years ago they should sit their difference around the table with politics and negotiation instead of fight

i think the mysterious man is Eren but knowing how Isayama can be a troll sometimes maybe he's not who knows! if its not Eren the only person i can think of is the 9th titan shifter what do you guys think?

Who knows? Watch he just be a random dude with no significance whatsoever.
Jun 7, 2017 1:17 PM
Sep 2016
kchorrex2012 said:
raoufe16 said:

Rudan said:

You're not alone, Raoufe. A lot of people on the facebook page that shared a Spanish translation of the chapter are saying that guy may be Eren in disguise D: Apparently that guy also showed up in chapter 93, page 37, or at least it seems to because that guy's also wearing his armband on the wrong arm. So, who knows?

Ah just found the pages, it might be eren; If i remember correctly his hair was longer when we last saw him. So the chances are high.
Jun 7, 2017 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
It must have been hard for Reiner to intentionally shit on his former friends and call them demons, I'm sure he wanted to say something different but if he praised them they would have called him a traitor or something. The way he described Sasha was kind of funny though. It was also good to see some backstory on Reiner along with Bertolt, Annie, and the other Shifters.

A lot of people are bringing up that one-legged dude and speculating that he's Eren, I didn't even notice that possibility until now. I didn't notice him in the previous chapter and I kind of glossed over his appearance in this one. Who knows if he has significance or not, but I feel like it wouldn't make sense for Isayama to include him in 2 straight chapters without him being of some importance, so we'll see.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 7, 2017 2:34 PM
May 2017
Well I kinda expected that Isayama would continue talking about Reiner with Marley stuff with the time skipping but really hoped we could see our Heroes on the Island , this chapter is pretty good but made me mad as hell , those stupid Aldians are talking about demons in the Island !!! Well they might be deamons but at least they are not stupid slaves , and Zeke is saying Hi to his grandparents!!! Aren't you the freaking traitor who had killed his dad and mom to become a slave warrior!!
Reiner is talking about nightmairs on the Island while he is the one who turned that DENONS world into hell , and this Gabi girl I just hate her , but I don't blame her , I blame those parents and families who are trying to implant Aldian kids minds with those shits and lies about deamons threatenning the world just like what Grisha,s father did to his son , I just hate Marley crap and I was so happy to see Eren looking up at the blue sky with Armin voice shouting Eren's name 😍 and to be honest I was happy to see annie again 😅😅😆 and for sure waitting for the next chapter 😅😘
HazarAbdulrahmanJun 7, 2017 2:38 PM
Jun 7, 2017 4:26 PM

Apr 2017
kchorrex2012 said:

I'm sure he does miss Eren & Co and he is doubting what he did up until now. His mother looked kind of frightened when he ended his talk about the Paradis Team and I think that's because she saw that he doesn't feel that same hate as them towards the Paradis Team now. And that's why she really emphasized to Gabbi the fact that they have to HATE them from the bottom of their hearts, so Reiner's doubtful feelings don't get to her heart.

This chapter didn't make me rethink my judgement on Reiner's doing in Paradis Island, I still think he's a murderer and a traitor, but I liked knowing more about him. In fact his life is tragic, he deserved better but now what's done is done, he knows the truth and saw how Paradis Team really is. He's old and smart enough to make his own decision. And that decision was to go back to Marley, 4 years ago.

thebrentinator24 said:
A lot of people are bringing up that one-legged dude and speculating that he's Eren, I didn't even notice that possibility until now. I didn't notice him in the previous chapter and I kind of glossed over his appearance in this one. Who knows if he has significance or not, but I feel like it wouldn't make sense for Isayama to include him in 2 straight chapters without him being of some importance, so we'll see.

Tbh I don't know why people think he's Eren, what would he do there ???? Injured and treated like a beggar at that ???? That would be disappointing.
kikusanJun 7, 2017 4:31 PM
Jun 7, 2017 4:30 PM
Jul 2015
ruben_666 said:
mangomango said:

Dragging? I think Isayama is doing a brilliant job in revealing the continent's people side of the story while teasing us about what the Paradis people are doing.

This chapter was great, I got goosebumps with the possibility that one legged dude might be Eren :)

How about the mysterious guy from the 7 warriors, is that Zeke or is he the guy who inherited the Titan yet to be revealed? He does seem to be the leader, and he does look older than the rest, which would fit Zeke but there are two interesting things about that:

- Zeke got his titan one year earlier than the others. If that guy isn't Zeke, than that's the reason only 6 of them were chosen and that guy is the unknown Titan. If that is Zeke, than what was the reason he got is Titan earlier than the rest?

- If that is Zeke, than who is the unknown Titan and why is it different from the others?

I understand your point, but there have been a few too many Marley chapters in a row for my taste. I feel like we've just been getting backstory/humanizing the Eldians in Marley, but the plot hasn't actually advanced much. Now maybe once we find out what the Paradis crew has been up to, I'll feel differently.

I feel like that should be Eren with the long hair, but why would they risk sending him to infiltrate Marley? Are they planning a revenge attack? But then, why do it on the Eldian part of Marley?

The missing Titan in Marley must be the one Grisha Yeager stole, right? That seems clear, but I haven't seen that theory anywhere yet!
Jun 7, 2017 5:42 PM
Jul 2013
Speaking about the titan shifters of marley, having 7 candidates for 6 titans is pretty silly, i assume that marley already possessed 7 titans when the kids were chosen.
Than, someone stole the 7th titan , and it can't be Grisha because he was already inside the walls
raoufe16Jun 7, 2017 5:53 PM
Jun 7, 2017 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
i was kind of hoping we'd get to see more of zeke and his intentions, well we still got reiner and the warriors past.
regarding to that person being eren, it's kinda odd, first they need to get to the other side of the ocean which i don't think they can, it's also weird to send the current holder of the coordinate to the enemies side just like that unless it's eren who chose to go there himself without his comrades knowing, however if that's him it would be interesting to see him
Jun 7, 2017 5:57 PM
Dec 2015
ruben_666 said:
mangomango said:

raoufe16 said:
Speaking about the titan shifters of marley, having 7 candidates for 6 titans is pretty silly, i assume that marley already possessed 7 titans when the kids were chosen.
Than, someone stole the 7th titan , and it can't be Grisha because he was already inside the walls

I think Annie, Pieck, Bertolt, Reiner, Porko, Marcel, and Zeke are the 7 chosen ones, but somehow only 6 of them received shifter powers. We know the Reiss possess the founding Titan and Grisha possess the Attack titan powers around that time, so I guess something must have gone wrong with the 7th Titan. Maybe the person that possess the 7th Titan powers died before passing down his titan power and that power could now belong to an Eldian within Marleys or within the walls, but he/she doesn't realize he possess the 7th Titan powers.

Some could argue that the Owl's attack Titan is Marley 7th, but he chose to rebel against the Marleys unlike Zeke. The Marleys probably decided to keep it a secret that they lost the Attack titan, so they recruit seven members anyway.

A lot of fans are expecting the last shifter to be a flying one. Either that or the Eren finally mastered the coordinate and grew a pair of wings to fly across the sea in order to infiltrate the Marley disgusing as an injured soldier.
Jun 7, 2017 6:08 PM
Oct 2013
Rudan said:

Soon. Very soon. It's highly likely that the black haired guy with a missing leg is Eren disguising as an Eldian.
Jun 7, 2017 6:15 PM
Apr 2011
Reiner is hesitant to pass the Armor Titan power because... memories get passed on too, and the truth of the island will be passed on to his successor.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 7, 2017 6:25 PM
Jul 2013
saltncheese said:
Reiner is hesitant to pass the Armor Titan power because... memories get passed on too, and the truth of the island will be passed on to his successor.

Not really, he is mature now and he is thinking about the young ones and how to save them from the horror that he has already lived.

Falcon will have an important role, because he is the only one who wants the real freedom ( his name and the falcon which was flying in the first chapter in the other side could be some foreshadowing about his future power, just like Zeke with ape toy )
Jun 7, 2017 10:20 PM

Apr 2015
Man I really want to know who this guy is

------------------

People in here speculate it was Eren, but well it's really hard to believe a man like Eren can do "information gathering" haha, I think he was the ninth Titan shifter.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Jun 8, 2017 12:07 AM
May 2017
voidepression said:
ruben_666 said:

raoufe16 said:

I think Annie, Pieck, Bertolt, Reiner, Porko, Marcel, and Zeke are the 7 chosen ones, but somehow only 6 of them received shifter powers. We know the Reiss possess the founding Titan and Grisha possess the Attack titan powers around that time, so I guess something must have gone wrong with the 7th Titan. Maybe the person that possess the 7th Titan powers died before passing down his titan power and that power could now belong to an Eldian within Marleys or within the walls, but he/she doesn't realize he possess the 7th Titan powers.

Some could argue that the Owl's attack Titan is Marley 7th, but he chose to rebel against the Marleys unlike Zeke. The Marleys probably decided to keep it a secret that they lost the Attack titan, so they recruit seven members anyway.

A lot of fans are expecting the last shifter to be a flying one. Either that or the Eren finally mastered the coordinate and grew a pair of wings to fly across the sea in order to infiltrate the Marley disgusing as an injured soldier.

I think Galliard will be the one NOT receiving a titan out of the chosen 7. Because as we know, he just got his Jaw titan after eating Ymir. And it will be kinda funny, 'cause in this chapter he tells Reiner (in the flashbacks) that he's useless and that he'll never be a warrior of Marley, but he'll be the one left out instead. Another reason for him to hate Reiner.
Jun 8, 2017 1:34 AM
Aug 2016
Ugh, guess I'll have to live with not seeing the main cast for a long time. And I really can't get myself to care about the new characters, at all.

The speculations about the long haired guy, who knows. I didn't even pay attention to him until I saw him mentioned. But yeah, Isayama is hiding the guy's face so...
But for it to be Eren, wouldn't he have become a good actor? To be able to pretend he has PTSD and all? Would Eren really be the best choice for an infiltration?
Jun 8, 2017 2:45 AM
May 2017
mangomango said:

I feel like we've just been getting backstory/humanizing the Eldians in Marley, but the plot hasn't actually advanced much. Now maybe once we find out what the Paradis crew has been up to, I'll feel differently.

I feel like that should be Eren with the long hair, but why would they risk sending him to infiltrate Marley? Are they planning a revenge attack? But then, why do it on the Eldian part of Marley?

The missing Titan in Marley must be the one Grisha Yeager stole, right? That seems clear, but I haven't seen that theory anywhere yet!

The plot advanced faster than you realized. It has been 4 years. The people of Paradis have moved beyond the walls, can now destroy warships and might even have infiltrated the mainland. How is that not moving the plot forward? The plot is so forward it's garanteed the setting will be totally different. Besides, we now know very well the reasoning behind both the mainland Eldians and the Marleyans.

No, the missing Titan is not Grisha's. Marley had 7 out of the 9 Titans, being the other two the Founding Titan and the Attack Titan. The other 7 Titans are the Colossal and the Female, now both under the Paradis Eldians, the Armour, the Beast, the Jaws and the Mule. The ninth Titan is still unknown.
Jun 8, 2017 2:47 AM

Apr 2016
AkiKitazawa said:

But for it to be Eren, wouldn't he have become a good actor? To be able to pretend he has PTSD and all? Would Eren really be the best choice for an infiltration?

If this is Eren (and I now believe it is) it would've been his choice and no one else. Eren withheld info on his memories about Dina being royal blood out of concern that it could place Historia at risk.

In chapter 90 Eren said:
"On the other side of the ocean is freedom"
"Those enemies on the other side of here... if we kill them all... does that mean... we'll be free"

In an earlier chapter The Owl said the nature of the Attack Titan was to always move ahead in search of FREEDOM.

The more I think about it the more I am starting to believe that Eren has finally gone rogue and travelled to Marley on his own volition. Considering the destruction Reiner and co unleashed his world inside the walls and his words at the ocean - Eren could be planning to inflict a similar massacre on Marley using the full extent of the Coordinate.

In other words... Eren has possibly matured into a cold calculating mass-murderer.
Jun 8, 2017 2:48 AM
May 2017
AkiKitazawa said:
Ugh, guess I'll have to live with not seeing the main cast for a long time. And I really can't get myself to care about the new characters, at all.

The speculations about the long haired guy, who knows. I didn't even pay attention to him until I saw him mentioned. But yeah, Isayama is hiding the guy's face so...

Why couldn't he have become a good actor? We have no ideia about what happened on the Island in the last 4 years. He didn't pretend anything, those guys panicked and made him lose his balance, he doesn't seem to have PTSD.
Jun 8, 2017 3:49 AM
Aug 2016
Nigerian-Warlord said:
Eren could be planning to inflict a similar massacre on Marley using the full extent of the Coordinate.

Hmm, good thinking. My only question with this would be: Eren seems to need some sort of 'contact' with someone with royal blood to use the coordinate power still?

But Zeke is still around plotting something too? So who knows if they work together...

ruben_666 said:
Why couldn't he have become a good actor? We have no ideia about what happened on the Island in the last 4 years. He didn't pretend anything, those guys panicked and made him lose his balance, he doesn't seem to have PTSD.

As I mentioned, I didn't really pay attention to him so I probably missed that.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not possible. But at this point, we the readers don't know in what way he matured. We only know how he was up until 4 years ago. And the way he was then, Eren keeping his cool throughout all this seemed hardly likely (that feeling is now extra strong with the season airing).

But yeah he might have changed a lot during those years.
Jun 8, 2017 4:01 AM

Apr 2017
is the long haired guy eren pretending to be a soldier of marley or something? cus from a particular site i saw that they'll show eren in long hair

remembering sasha's potato moment really cracks me up xD it seems like reiner is lying to himself remembering his old times in survey corps. wonder how much they mentioned "demons" and "hellish" in this chapter xD we finally knew reiner's reason. i'm so hype i need eren and zeke already to face each one's titan form

i hope mikasa's hair also grow xD

still life: pink roses
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
Yesterday, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 136 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Weebookey - Jan 6, 2021

298 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 21, 9:34 PM

Poll: » did u guys hate the ending? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

61 by deg »»
May 13, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Feb 6, 2016

123 by CutieAnshin »»
May 12, 2:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.