3It was OK
10.5%
2Disliked it
8.1%
1Hated it
6.5%
Average 3.9
124 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2009 1:17 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow Cecily actually had an awesome fight, I actually thought that she would have an easy win over her opponent with the demon sword but that doesn't turn out to be the case^^ That make the battle a little more exciting ^_^ I have to say the girl Charlotte who is a royalty doesn't look like a fighter at all but her sword looks brilliant :) It's obvious that Luke isn't gonna lose that fight and it's good to see him sparing the girl.

But for Cecily, I just think that Aria is doing all the hardwork for her due to her lack of fighting skills even though she is trying hard to protect Aria. But seeing that she has 3 opponents against her, I would have prefer both her and Luke to switch places XD It does sound like a good idea afterwards when Luke actually defeat those 3 opponents himself in like 5 sec :P

In the end, I actually think Charlotte isn't really such a bad person :D It would be great to get to know her more :D
ShanaFlameNov 7, 2009 1:59 AM
Nov 7, 2009 5:07 AM

Oct 2009
Episode still does not that demon fight but now this one #2 of my favorites for battle brilliance. Cecily against three opponents and all royal guards of Charlotte? Doris (My favorite and also like her sword "Claymore"), Margot (Is ok but her sword has a incredible reach) and Penelope (Mysterious, her sword looks it can absorb and neutralize other demon swords but other than that it looks bad....small reach). Cecily against Doris was the most interesting battle and learned that Aria can make you go out any whole with a wind boost. Against Magot it was interesting to see her sword and she did give Cecily a really bad wound (slice through her armor). Aria was surprising, a wind shield and a attack back, another interesting feature of Aria. Against Peneloppe..nice punch from Cecily. Wonder why would Charlotte have to leave her proof of royalty to that guy? Just seeing it is enough. The end was laughable with the whole money situation.
ShanaFlame said:
Wow Cecily actually had an awesome fight, I actually thought that she would have an easy win over her opponent with the demon sword but that doesn't turn out to be the case^^

Not at all, try three again one situation. Not easy whether enemies come one after the other or at the same time....fatigue is a key problem here and Cecily does does not look like she has the same stamina as Luke nor skills.
ShanaFlame said:
That make the battle a little more exciting ^_^ I have to say the girl Charlotte who is a royalty doesn't look like a fighter at all but her sword looks brilliant :) It's obvious that Luke isn't gonna lose that fight and it's good to see him sparing the girl.

The sword of Charlotte Evadne (I think) has a unique blade and it's also a dark sword too bad Charlotte did not know how to use it. Even more surprising is that Luke had a blade on his sword, was able to deflect the powers of that sword and almost killed Charlotte but good thing he did not.
ShanaFlame said:
But for Cecily, I just think that Aria is doing all the hardwork for her due to her lack of fighting skills even though she is trying hard to protect Aria. But seeing that she has 3 opponents against her,

Yeah, I though Aria was pretty much the life saver this time. That other sword of hers would be cut in half with those demon swords the other three were using.
ShanaFlame said:
I would have prefer both her and Luke to switch places XD It does sound like a good idea afterwards when Luke actually defeat those 3 opponents himself in like 5 sec :P

Yeah the 5 second thing was a little not right. Did he use some sort of ice magic on his sword? It looked blue but incredibly it blew away all those three in one hit.
ShanaFlame said:
In the end, I actually think Charlotte isn't really such a bad person :D It would be great to get to know her more :D

Charlotte's past looks sad.
Now this is what I call sword! Doris' Claymore! It can use earth/fire powers and makes her stronger. Not only that I prefer two hand swords over anything....you have better reach, can still protect yourself and pierce through armor.
So Doris is the one of the three I would like most...anyone else?
francismeunierNov 8, 2009 2:43 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 7, 2009 9:19 PM

Sep 2007
This once again proves that Cecily is completely fucking useless as a swordsman. Even when she was fighting against Doris solo, she got her ass beaten down and barely scraped by with Aria. She had the arrogance to say "If I use this sword, I can't guarantee your life" and look what happened. She barely won against Doris AND she needed Luke to save her again. I'm so glad she got completely pwned by the three girls but I'd preferred if they roughed her up a bit more until she realizes that she really is an incompetent swordsman.

Why is Luke not the main character?

I also found it strange that they suddenly made "demon swords" so... commonplace. They preached on about how demon swords were so powerful and rare and then suddenly, they introduce four new ones traveling in the same group. If they transformed, I hope they're as hot as Aria.
WasabiNov 8, 2009 1:28 AM
Nov 7, 2009 9:27 PM
Nov 2009
lol everyone hates cecily
Nov 7, 2009 9:43 PM
Feb 2009
LOL i love the crybabies on this forum. A story wouldn't be interesting or good if the main character was badass to start off with, it's called character development. Naruto didn't start off badass, and the same with other animes, if you dislike it that much then stop watching it and shut up
Nov 7, 2009 10:02 PM

Sep 2007
She did get her character development. She got over her shit about cutting down other humans. But here's the thing, it still doesn't save her from being a completely incompetent swordsman. This isn't some shitty shounen where all the main character does is get powerup after powerup. She's only got one powerup and that was Aria. It's halfway through the series and she still has yet to prove she can win a fight by herself, with or without Aria.
Nov 7, 2009 10:11 PM

Jul 2007
Wth... seriously during the battle, those 3 people (w/e their names are, forgot them already) look like they weren't even serious ... I was thinking they were actually serious about killing her but instead we get some stupid battle where they basically "ALMOST" get owned by Cecily who fails at swordsmanship ... and by the time you get to the end of the episode, their all eating having a great time at a dinner table.

How the heck can you suddenly eat dinner and enjoy it with the people who were trying to kill you just a few hours back?
Nov 7, 2009 10:50 PM

Apr 2009
Great ep best one yet. loved the battle
Nov 7, 2009 11:56 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting, i thought Charlotte's plan to gather many demon sword to take over the throne XD
Nov 8, 2009 12:17 AM
Oct 2009
Finally, an episode that doesn't completely fail. At least we can see Cecily trying to really stand up for what she believes is right.
Nov 8, 2009 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
man yeah cecily wont have a chance if she didnt have the demon sword. lukes smile made my day xD but totally imba one hit and kicks them all lol.

Nov 8, 2009 1:57 AM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:

I also found it strange that they suddenly made "demon swords" so... commonplace. They preached on about how demon swords were so powerful and rare and then suddenly, they introduce four new ones traveling in the same group. If they transformed, I hope they're as hot as Aria.

Yeah I agree but maybe the other ones can't transform only Evadne/Aria. There is something wrong with that sudden big sword introduction of 4. Maybe the kingdom from where Charlotte comes can make these swords or has all of them?
francismeunierNov 8, 2009 3:53 AM

Nov 8, 2009 2:11 AM
Feb 2009
new demon swords damee
Nov 8, 2009 2:21 AM

May 2009
Great episode. The fight was awesome! Lots of new characters and demon swords were introduced too. I wonder why Charlotte is in possession of that many demon swords, if they're supposed to be very rare. One would think that that amount with one princess is too much.

Loved the episode anyways.
Luke's grin when he found out they were staying at Cecily's house was so funny! xD
stAtic91Nov 8, 2009 3:15 AM
Nov 8, 2009 2:43 AM

Aug 2008
Cecily fought well

but the best part was the Luke part, him not caring if Charlotte is from the Empire and grounding her to the ground, as well as the ass blowing of the 3 guards, after that too much talk.

it woulda been nice if Luke joined the dinner in the end
Nov 8, 2009 3:43 AM

Oct 2007
stAtic91 said:
Great episode. The fight was awesome! Lots of new characters and demon swords were introduced too. I wonder why Charlotte is in possession of that many demon swords, if they're supposed to be very rare. One would think that that amount with one princess is too much.

Luke's grin when he found out they were staying at Cecily's house was so funny! xD
Pretty much everything. Also the beginning of the episode feel a little bit wtf though. I was like, am I missing an episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 8, 2009 3:48 AM

Jul 2009
stAtic91 said:
I wonder why Charlotte is in possession of that many demon swords, if they're supposed to be very rare. One would think that that amount with one princess is too much.
Well Luke mentioned before that he need 100 of Demon Sword like Aria to kill someone..probably there are more of them
Nov 8, 2009 3:57 AM

Oct 2009
Siva said:
stAtic91 said:

Pretty much everything. Also the beginning of the episode feel a little bit wtf though. I was like, am I missing an episode.

I was also like that Siva after seeing it a second time/ finding out more things and also they failed at explaining how exactly did Aria return after the Ballock knife got her. I feel something bad will happen to that special proof she leaves with that guy who is with Hannibal.

Nov 8, 2009 4:50 AM

Aug 2009
This episode is just ok. But i can't help but wonder why Luk is always dead on time to save cecile. IMHO, i never worry about cecile getting seriously injured cuz i'm 100% sure luk will be always there to help her. and as usual, "slay god". want to see how the human form of other demon swords will be.

Siva said:
I was like, am I missing an episode.

Yup, the opening made double check my list whether i missed out an episode or not.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 8, 2009 5:23 AM

Apr 2009
glad to see cecily still hanging in there with the sword fight.. she's a bad swordsman but it's more interesting this way.. and overall nice fight..

francismeunier said:
Siva said:
Also the beginning of the episode feel a little bit wtf though. I was like, am I missing an episode.

I was also like that Siva after seeing it a second time/ finding out more things and also they failed at explaining how exactly did Aria return after the Ballock knife got her. I feel something bad will happen to that special proof she leaves with that guy who is with Hannibal.
nope.. i didn't feel wtf in the beginning like that.. this kind of introduction is common nowadays.. also, aria is the sword itself, not the wind, and i believe the demon sword of penelope can only nullify demon sword effects not literally destroy their entirety.. about the special proof, there has to be something that will happen to it or they wouldn't have had introduced it.. and for those saying that demon swords have become commonplace just because they showed 4 in one episode, i believe it's more likely that the empire has found some of them and of course the royal guards use it.. it's even more unlikely that the town of cecily were able to get their hands on one.. and that is what makes them rare..
Nov 8, 2009 5:24 AM

Aug 2009
Decent episode. The "ballock knife" which was pronounced as "bollock knife" was complete lolz, it even has 2 balls!
Nov 8, 2009 5:37 AM
Dec 2008
For a second there I though luke was holding light saber lol. Dem, he needs more screen time. Anyway a good episode, although, I agree the beginning was sort of awkward, because Cecily was suddenly chased by hooded people. Felt like missing an episode... I even checked my list again :0

oh and the highlight for me was when like gave Cecily a smirk. lol'd hard there XD
Nov 8, 2009 6:34 AM

Aug 2008
Not only Demon Knife with Balls (with sucking ability) but also many other Demon Things of Something showed up (little girls included). Now we need Demon Spoon of Doom or something. Sigh... Luke's smirk was almost as surprising as lack of obligatory talk about Cecily's breasts. He really needs more screen time.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 8, 2009 6:40 AM
Nov 2008
OftheFlesh said:

oh and the highlight for me was when like gave Cecily a smirk. lol'd hard there XD

I did the same :P

Nov 8, 2009 7:16 AM

Feb 2009
Seeing Cecily actually fight and not be a loser for once was really exciting and I think of her in a different light now, and learning about the "other" demon swords definitely did help to expand the plot some.

Can't wait for the next episode!

Nov 8, 2009 7:21 AM
Aug 2009
Cecily was too nice during the fight =/ She got what she deserved for treating everyone like a kid in the end though ._.
Nov 8, 2009 7:47 AM
Feb 2009
Hercule said:
OftheFlesh said:

priceless XD

the princess n her gang? spoiled kids...=_=
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 8, 2009 8:16 AM

Aug 2008
I just want to point out we're halfway through the show and there still no plot. Considering this is Manglobe, I also doubt there will be any resolution, and I guess in the next two episodes something big is going to happen that barely gets dealt with.
Nov 8, 2009 8:26 AM

May 2009
francismeunier said:

Yeah, I also have my doubts about Charlotte and that proof.
I wanted to see the three girls spar with Luke. =(

Is Charlotte really from the Empire?
Nov 8, 2009 8:37 AM
May 2008
I love the blade-to-blade combat scene more than some magical poof that sends ppl flying.
First impression of the new characters are not so good. I've always dislike Lady Brat characters.
Do we have too much girl characters already?
Nov 8, 2009 8:39 AM

May 2009
Probably the best episode to date. The fight was pretty well done. Cecily more than held her own - finally. Luke is still the best part of the show though.
Nov 8, 2009 8:41 AM
Sep 2007
Best ep so far is my opinion :) Cecily did improve a lot, I think she should get a lot of credit for being able to stand her ground against three warriors, she had a really good fight. And there is nothing wrong with her having to resort to using Aria, of course because of Aria Cecily could stand her ground, however her skills also came into play not to mention the other three also had demon swords.
And Luke is strong, but the way he took out those three was way to easy, even for him.
Guess it's probably because they were off guard and all but still.

Anyways a really good ep with nice action and comedy in it, I also loved Luke's smirk out of no where :P

Fave ep so far
Nov 8, 2009 9:03 AM

Sep 2007
Good episode i think !
I want to see the others.
Nov 8, 2009 9:04 AM

Aug 2008
Here's why the whole battle is a bust to me:

1. We saw 2 new moves from Aria - the wind to carry Cecily away and the humongous shield
2. Penelope, the close range swordsman, was so lame that she left herself open to get punched by Cecily
3. The girl with the scarlet sword didn't really get hurt, and yet she "lost"

Those reasons, on top of Luke taking care of them with one swipe leads me to believe that individually, they're weaker than Cecily, so I'm just not all that impressed. In fact, that Cecily struggled so much one on one with her posturing makes me think less of her. I thought she was over thinking so highly of herself two episodes ago when she lowered herself to Luke.
Nov 8, 2009 10:22 AM

Feb 2008
It's not a Sword, It's a katana.

Enough with that crap already, wild loli appears, decent fights.

Overall 3/5
Nov 8, 2009 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
God, I wished Cecily would have slapped Charlotte >.>
I hope she gets more bearable later.
Although I like Cecily I must say that her skills as a swords(wo)man aren't really that good :/
It would be great if Luke or Aria would train her :D
And I loved Luke's smirk when it was decided that Charlotte & the others would stay at Cecily's house XD

At the beginning I also thought I missed one ep but a beginning like this is rather nice^^

Nov 8, 2009 10:56 AM

Oct 2009
Another episode proving that the only thing worth while about this show is Luke.

And I don't think that people are being ~crybabies~ over how much they dislike Cecily. The fact of the matter is that half of the series has passed, we're still not sure of the plot, and Cecily is STILL completely useless. At this point in the show, it should not be such a necessity for Luke to swoop in and save her useless ass. We're all looking out of character development, but it's taking a pretty long time in a pretty short series, tbh.

Anyway. Penelope's sword looks like it has balls on it.
Nov 8, 2009 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
Hercule said:
OftheFlesh said:

THAT had to be THE best part, LoL! I laughed my @$$ off.

nii-nii said:
Another episode proving that the only thing worth while about this show is Luke.

And I don't think that people are being ~crybabies~ over how much they dislike Cecily. The fact of the matter is that half of the series has passed, we're still not sure of the plot, and Cecily is STILL completely useless. At this point in the show, it should not be such a necessity for Luke to swoop in and save her useless ass. We're all looking out of character development, but it's taking a pretty long time in a pretty short series, tbh.

I was actually just wondering about this. While watching this episode I told myself the pace isn't per say slow, but were not getting anywhere fast either, I figured it would probably be a 24 episode show. Then I look...and find it's a 12 episode show!? We're already half way through and a LOT still feel's unexplained.

I really hope this show doesn't end up rushed. I'd rather be left with a cliff hanger and we get a Season 2. I just don't see this show finishing in 6 episodes, unless we get some lame plot twist/the main story turns out to be a dud and it just ends. That would be terrible.

I REALLY like this show :(.
Nov 8, 2009 11:51 AM

Oct 2009
Fatentity said:

I was actually just wondering about this. While watching this episode I told myself the pace isn't per say slow, but were not getting anywhere fast either, I figured it would probably be a 24 episode show. Then I look...and find it's a 12 episode show!? We're already half way through and a LOT still feel's unexplained.

I really hope this show doesn't end up rushed. I'd rather be left with a cliff hanger and we get a Season 2. I just don't see this show finishing in 6 episodes, unless we get some lame plot twist/the main story turns out to be a dud and it just ends. That would be terrible.

I REALLY like this show :(.

The thing is, is that I like this show, too. But at this point, it's just making me so cranky because we've already had filler and nonsense, and there's just NO room for that in a 12 episode show. There should be no room for that in any show, but especially not one this short. Also, I think Cecily being the main character is just... stupid. Luke plz. But that's another rant on its own.

I would be completely happy with the cliffhanger/season 2 thing, honestly. Because I honestly don't see how this show can be anywhere above mediocre with what little plot has been introduced + what little time we have left. If there is no hope for a season two, I have the feeling that it's going to be rushed and totally lame.

And I'll be really upset. Because, despite this show's obvious flaws, I really enjoy it.
Nov 8, 2009 12:52 PM
Oct 2009
nii-nii said:

True, true, and true.

I'd say overall however, this is one of the better episodes of the series, because it doesn't involve Cecily sucking up to Luke, and then I was kinda impressed by her defense of Aria as a living being...sorta.

This show is still mega lame, just this episode was somewhat less lame than the previous ones. XD

Oh and no tit jokes lol.
Nov 8, 2009 12:53 PM

Feb 2009
Oh,shit...more annoying girls showed up :(
Hercule said:

That one was awesome...imo that was the funniest moment in the show for now.

That one too,lol
ChaosLegionNov 8, 2009 12:58 PM

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 8, 2009 12:54 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Here's why the whole battle is a bust to me:

1. We saw 2 new moves from Aria - the wind to carry Cecily away and the humongous shield

Yeah, 2 new moves that were done fast with no explanation but I would think it's just Aria who evolved suddenly.
noteDhero said:
2. Penelope, the close range swordsman, was so lame that she left herself open to get punched by Cecily

Yeah that was bad, how did it ever happen? I though she would have training than that.
noteDhero said:
3. The girl with the scarlet sword didn't really get hurt, and yet she "lost"

You mean Rhomphair and Margot, I though it was because Penelope barged in.
noteDhero said:
Those reasons, on top of Luke taking care of them with one swipe leads me to believe that individually, they're weaker than Cecily, so I'm just not all that impressed.

Individually yes, but in a group they might not be. The Luke taking care of them in one shot was ridiculous. What kind of attack was that? Ice/wind?
noteDhero said:
In fact, that Cecily struggled so much one on one with her posturing makes me think less of her. I thought she was over thinking so highly of herself two episodes ago when she lowered herself to Luke.

Guess her pride came back to motivate herself.

Nov 8, 2009 2:29 PM

Sep 2008
So we have 6 demon swords now (4 this episode, Aria and Lisa), and seemingly more to come, but only about half of the characters shown in the opening so far.

Unless these new characters somehow deal with the demonizing of random baddies, I don't see the point of them.

Did Lisa change back into her old uniform this episode? I would have thought that the reason she got such a plain outfit was so she could wear it day-to-day.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Nov 8, 2009 2:31 PM

Oct 2009
Bastion said:
Did Lisa change back into her old uniform this episode? I would have thought that the reason she got such a plain outfit was so she could wear it day-to-day.

Well, the clothes she was wearing before she got the new outfit were her work clothes~ so she probably still wears them when she's doing work/chores/etc.
Nov 8, 2009 2:40 PM

Feb 2009
Just when I thought the story couldn't get worse. The battle was pretty good, but I'm still dropping the series after this episode. Random chick sends her guards to attack Cecily and steal the sword, my thought: "Awesome, finally some action and real story development." By the end of the episode the random chick is eating a meal and laughing it up while being thoroughly conceited and annoying, my thought: "Way to take any chance of a good story and destroy it. Dropped."
ಠ_ಠ
Nov 8, 2009 3:21 PM

Nov 2008
new demon swords, eh. I wonder how many more are there gonna be.
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 8, 2009 4:34 PM

Sep 2009
Good episode in all :D
It's nice to know that Cecily isn't a complete wimp anymore.

Nov 8, 2009 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:

Why is Luke not the main character?

Emm...Actually i think his a main character along with Cecily.

Yeah i also didn't like how "demon swords" just kept jumping all over the place. I could swallow one more but now it looks like everyone has a demon sword.
Only thing missing is an advertise in TV.
-Buy your own unique demon sword for only 999.99 and show your friends how cool and badass you can be._If you call in the next 10 minutes we will include a free katana forged by Luke absolutely free.
The prise does not include shipping cost and VAT. All payments made by credit card.
And by the way i didn't knew that those magic katanas are stronger than even demon swords. WTF was that. All three of them getting defeated like that. That was overpowering Luke to a ridiculous point. And the worst part next time he won't be that strong.

What the hell was that? I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.

This princess is the classical spoiled annoying child we often see in anime that would probably become a better person in the future right after she cries her heart out at some moment. It reminded me of the princess in Mai-Otome.
The others will probably play some minor role and then vanish on the background.

Despite all that i was amused, The fight was cool and i just hope that we will get in to some serious plot from next episode.
MonadNov 8, 2009 8:21 PM
Nov 8, 2009 4:52 PM
Feb 2009
argilium said:
glad to see cecily still hanging in there with the sword fight.. she's a bad swordsman but it's more interesting this way.. and overall nice fight..

francismeunier said:
Siva said:
Also the beginning of the episode feel a little bit wtf though. I was like, am I missing an episode.

nope.. i didn't feel wtf in the beginning like that.. this kind of introduction is common nowadays.. also, aria is the sword itself, not the wind, and i believe the demon sword of penelope can only nullify demon sword effects not literally destroy their entirety.. about the special proof, there has to be something that will happen to it or they wouldn't have had introduced it.. and for those saying that demon swords have become commonplace just because they showed 4 in one episode, i believe it's more likely that the empire has found some of them and of course the royal guards use it.. it's even more unlikely that the town of cecily were able to get their hands on one.. and that is what makes them rare..

yee mee too i was like uh oh did i miss an episode by accident?? lol
Nov 8, 2009 5:48 PM

May 2008
Luke's smile at Cecily was epic funny as hell xd

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Dec 19, 2009

175 by WeebKoza »»
Sep 12, 11:51 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

7 by DINGO_SCUM »»
Jun 19, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by a0i-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.