3It was OK
8.1%
2Disliked it
7.4%
1Hated it
2.2%
Average 4.2
135 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2009 6:34 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not just Oz asked Vincent about 100 years ago, but also Gil. Echo didn't let Oz see Vincent as he instructed her to.

The music to the watch... going to the tomb again...

A place is fired (repeat of 100 years ago?).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 11, 2009 3:34 AM
Aug 2009
This Anime-original ending is looking great so far (especially the preview for the next episode). I'm just hoping that it'll be open-ended so they can make a Season 2.
Sep 11, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
Something else I love about this show (Even if the video quality is poor) is the character designs and outfits are awesome. I think their all pretty kool, and I like how the outfits/color are usually different for the girls.

Good episode. I can't believe there's only two more left!!!

Definitely hope their will be a season 2! I don't see how they're can't be. Seems to much unknown to rap up in 2 episodes.

I hope when the DVD comes out the quality of video is much nicer. Definitely will make this show 10/10 instead of my 9/10

Eda...is just so..... XD!! CUTE! And Alice too!

What does it mean "This is good bye Alice" !!! o_O
Sep 11, 2009 5:34 PM

Dec 2008
Since it will have it's own anime original ending, I'll be expecting Pandora Hearts: Brotherhood in the future.

And lol at Gil in the beginning with Oscar :D
Sep 11, 2009 5:50 PM

Jul 2008
Prongs said:
Since it will have it's own anime original ending, I'll be expecting Pandora Hearts: Brotherhood in the future.

I don't know the original story,but this didn't deliver a good build up for a final.
We need a Pandora Hearts: Brotherhood indeed, but I just can't see this happening.

Time to add the Manga to my plan to read list.
SilberkralleSep 11, 2009 6:42 PM
Sep 11, 2009 6:32 PM
Aug 2008
Silberkralle said:
Prongs said:

I don't know the original story,but this didn't deliver are good build up for a final.
We need a Pandora Hearts: Brotherhood indeed, but I just can't see this happening.

Time to add the Manga to my plan to read list.

Definitely a Pandora Hearts: Brotherhood should be made, but the chances are quite slim...unless we're lucky like the FMA and Kuroshitsuji fans. Nonetheless I'll be crossing my fingers for Pandora Hearts to the little light of hope and faith I have of it coming true. ;)

This episode pretty much just tried to build towards the climax for the last two episodes. Oh I just knew it when Gil was about to explain who he tried to protect from Oz at the beginning of the ceremony that they would cut it off with Sharon's entrance. XD I was like, "DOH! No! That means I have to find out next week who it is!" XD Man, can't wait for the last two episodes!
Sep 11, 2009 6:54 PM
Apr 2009
This episode made me cry inside.

Not only are they straying from the awesome manga into their own little ending, the characters don't even seem the same. There's just something srsly wrong about it. :|

I'll still watch, but honestly, I am extremely disappointed with this.
Sep 11, 2009 7:10 PM

May 2008
EHHH they just spoiled the mopment, i wanted to noe why Gil protected that guy too D= without spoilers of course :D, finally a large scale attack something different for a change

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 11, 2009 7:32 PM

Aug 2007
Well. That wasn't nearly as bad I thought it would be! There wasn't much plot moving in this episode, which was to be expected. But I did laugh at the Pandora members following Oz around. Nice to see Equus in semi-action for once, too.

I'm trying to stay positive, even if it's so strange to see PH deviate from the manga. Feels so different. Anyway, the preview sounded interesting~
olivesandwaxSep 11, 2009 10:31 PM
Sep 11, 2009 7:34 PM

Apr 2008
im really interested in knowing who was the person Gil was trying to protect o_o ... seems like an important person to Oz or Gil

Sep 11, 2009 10:16 PM
Oct 2008
well, they've deviated form the manga. but it does seem to to point towards quite a promising and satisfactory ending. i do hope they'll keep the chances of season II though. there's still so much unexplained...

let's pray the last 2 episodes will be spectacular =D (it seems to be)
Sep 11, 2009 10:18 PM

Sep 2008
Needs more Lotti.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2009 1:37 AM

Mar 2009
Prongs said:

And lol at Gil in the beginning with Oscar Break :D

Sep 12, 2009 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
There's gonna be next season 4 sure.
this ep: 7/10
Sep 12, 2009 3:34 AM

Jan 2008
10/10 :D I really wanna know who Gil was protecting back then *__*
I can't believe only 2 episodes are left >.< I hope there will be a 2nd season T__T
Sep 12, 2009 4:14 AM

Apr 2009
I may be retarded but if you mix "Lacie" you get "Alice" XD
As everyone else I hope for a 2nd season ;3
Sep 12, 2009 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
Pandora bodyguards were awesome.
And LOL at Ada swooning over Gil and Oscar-ojisan kidnapping him xD (Ada, I'm with you on that one.)

The scene with 'completing' the ceremony after 10 years was a great idea, it was so sweet. And even though it's not manga plotline, it's still good so far :) Doesn't seem like a total asspull (like some parts of the Kuroshitsuji anime, for example) and flows nicely with the story. (at least in my opinion)

...Plus, an episode gets an automatic thumbs up if there are all three Nightray brothers in it x3 Haha. I'm a sucker for the Nightrays.
CenedessSep 12, 2009 12:23 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Sep 12, 2009 8:38 AM

Jan 2009
Lol at the Pandora bodyguards xD ...Wait, they were actually quite annoying xD
How can Sharon make it sound like Oz dying wouldn't matter at all when she said that if the Baskervilles wanted him dead, he'd be dead already? Makes her sound pretty funny : p
And am I the only one who find young Gil a tad annoying?

Hey! This studio's great at using them cliffhangers O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 12, 2009 9:08 AM

Dec 2007
KeroroGunsou said:
As everyone else I hope for a 2nd season ;3

omg I never noticed that : DD

whenever I see "Lacie" I just think of my cat XD
(thats my cats name)
classystarmanSep 12, 2009 9:11 AM
Sep 12, 2009 9:13 AM

Jan 2009
ninjapoyo said:
KeroroGunsou said:

omg I never noticed that : DD
...Wait.. You didn't notice? O.O

Oh and I forgot something in my post : O I Want A Second Season! : D
kthnxbai
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 12, 2009 4:48 PM

Sep 2008
Silberkralle said:
We need a Pandora Hearts: Brotherhood indeed, but I just can't see this happening
lol i thought the exact same thing.
Sep 12, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
For me , i think it will be open-ending coz they can't cover lots of events in 2 eps . this ep was great , i love how gill care for Oz . & i will put pandora heart manga on reading too.

Sep 12, 2009 6:09 PM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Lol at the Pandora bodyguards xD ...Wait, they were actually quite annoying xD
How can Sharon make it sound like Oz dying wouldn't matter at all when she said that if the Baskervilles wanted him dead, he'd be dead already? Makes her sound pretty funny : p

Hey! This studio's great at using them cliffhangers O.o

Haha, they were funny xD
Whenever Sharon's in an episode, yeah, she is always pretty cool. (:
I love all the cliffhangers, but I wished the episodes were come sooner.

Oh and... -2nd season supporter-
Sep 12, 2009 6:33 PM

Aug 2007
Jin_uzuki said:
The episode was funny but.. it didn't make any sense :/

From were all the guards come from? They weren't with Oz before <_< How can he remember the gun so well? .-. And the second part was REALLY fast.

haha yeah... that was something I noticed, too. Why'd they have the guards appear now instead of after Jack's speech? Like Break and Sharon aren't good enough protection already. I also thought it was strange the Pandora members didn't recognize Ada. Oh well, it is what it is. :/
Sep 12, 2009 10:24 PM
Jul 2008
I wonder if there is going to be a second tragedy?
Sep 12, 2009 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
Tarrasji said:
I wonder if there is going to be a second tragedy?
Seems possible, considering how this episode ended : o
Sep 13, 2009 4:06 AM

Aug 2008
First of all, no, please no more Brotherhoods. FMA was one of the single most popular anime and manga in existance. We don't need remakes of every single manga, certainly not so soon after the original ended. If Kuroshitsuji is just a manga-follower, I don't think I'm going to watch it. Sitting through a load of the same material all over again just to see some omitted parts? No thanks.

For Pandora Hearts, I would've preffered if they had just waited until the manga had ended before making an anime so they could finish it the way the author intended it to. But I suppose an anime original ending is better than an open ending that goes nowhere. Plus, judging by this episode, the creators seem to know what they're doing, that was another excellent episode.
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Sep 13, 2009 7:41 AM
Feb 2009
this episode is so random (random event, random character, random comedy)... but so far still ok, just kinda worry the anime ending will mess up the original plot to the point of no return...

o.O at oz thinking that the tomb is alice's, but it is not impossible tho...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 13, 2009 11:06 AM

Oct 2008
The ending for this is looking good, this episode was really good too!

Gil being dragged away XD
It was obvious that he would ask Vincent
Sep 13, 2009 1:03 PM

May 2008
Cute scene with Oz and Gil. I'm curious as to whom Gil was protecting back then.

Sep 13, 2009 1:53 PM

May 2008
CrimsonKaiju said:

Not only are they straying from the awesome manga into their own little ending, the characters don't even seem the same. There's just something srsly wrong about it. :|

THIS...
Sep 13, 2009 10:40 PM

Dec 2008
boo for deviating from the manga...i wanted more eliot please. i don't see how they're going to wrap this up in two episodes....also disappointed :(
Sep 13, 2009 11:33 PM
Jul 2009
CrimsonKaiju said:

I agree, the characters are a bit out of character. The comedy wasn't mixing well with the serious moments like previous episodes. Probably because they don't have anything concrete to base it on. I did find the bodyguard under Oz's bed hilarious. I guess they were trying to recreate the funny in the one filler episode they did last time. It's sad that this one won't get a definite conclusion.

Also, watched Iron Wolf subs this time around and they were making grammatical mistakes and making bad translation decisions.
Sep 14, 2009 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
Damn you Oscar! Scared the shit out of me when he popped out of that bush xD

The guards where amusing but it didn't really make sense for them to be here now, and to be so over serious.
TBH it felt like the whole first part didn't really connect.

Curious as of how they will wrap this up with only 2 more episodes =O
Sep 14, 2009 9:02 AM

Jan 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Curious as of how they will wrap this up with only 2 more episodes =O
Go second season! Or something, is what I'm hoping for : 3
Sep 14, 2009 9:49 AM
Nov 2008
Honestly, if I didn't already know, I'd have no idea that this was filler. It's still focused enough around the main storyline to feel legit. PH: Brotherhood would be overkill I think, but I definitely hope that it's left open for a second season or an OVA (dunno how much there's left to cover). Regardless of what they do, I won't be satisfied if they leave us with just this season.
Sep 14, 2009 10:29 AM
Feb 2009
KayChan4U said:
I'm curious as to whom Gil was protecting back then.
... is that hard to guess?
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 14, 2009 10:48 AM

Jan 2009
flame_tiong said:
KayChan4U said:
I'm curious as to whom Gil was protecting back then.
... is that hard to guess?
Well at least I'm gonna play happily ignorant for a while longer about that : 3
Sep 14, 2009 6:09 PM

Jun 2009
They have to have a sequel!! I wonder if they are going to reveal what happened 100 years ago in the next two episodes.

Who thinks that Vincent was the one who caused Sabrie to happen?
what is a person with SAD to do..
Sep 15, 2009 6:59 AM
Feb 2009
AkuenKigahen said:
Who thinks that Vincent was the one who caused Sabrie to happen?
hmm... it might be possible coz vincent did said he opened the gate of abyss when break was in abyss. but i have no clue how could he possibly do that since he shouldnt have any power at that time...
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 15, 2009 1:18 PM

Jun 2009
What if by just opening the abyss it caused Sabrie to happen?

Yet Vincent would have needed a reason to have opened it.
what is a person with SAD to do..
Sep 18, 2009 7:09 AM
Sep 2009
From Gil memories you can see it: if you go near of one of the 4 Dukes doors to Abyss, the guardian of the door (Raven in Nightray's door) can control you. Maybe in that way he opened the door... o.o About who is Gil protecting...Let's think: Who is the person that Oz can't kill and who Gil will protect with his live, for Oz... its a relative of Oz for sure... I don't want to make a spoiler with my idea but I'm pretty sure... >_<
Sep 18, 2009 7:27 PM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:

Young Gil's voice is annoying, I noticed that I don't really hate little Gil that much when I started reading the manga, he's a bit cute with no voice xD
I also love comparing between Gil now and then
Sep 19, 2009 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
Qisara said:
Oosran said:

Young Gil's voice is annoying, I noticed that I don't really hate little Gil that much when I started reading the manga, he's a bit cute with no voice xD
I also love comparing between Gil now and then

Hmm guess it'd be better to read the manga then : o Guess I'll have to do that later on (Weeee no more annoying voices : D)
Sep 20, 2009 12:03 AM

Feb 2009
Nice episode with some comedy relief and an intriguing end.
Sep 24, 2009 1:13 AM

May 2008
Not just Oz asked Vincent about 100 years ago, but also Gil. Echo didn't let Oz see Vincent as he instructed her to.

The music to the watch... going to the tomb again...

A place is fired (repeat of 100 years ago?).
Sep 25, 2009 3:12 PM

Sep 2008
Aww, I wanted to know who Gil was protecting too! I've been wondering ever since it happened in the first ep. TT
So then, no second season for sure? D: le sigh...
Sep 30, 2009 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
wow, the town is burning down, thats not good
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 1, 2009 4:29 PM
Sep 2009
Is it me, or did episode 23 not follow from where episode 22 left off? o.O"

Episode 22's final moments had the gang alighting from the coach in a dingy gray area and 23 started off with a battle. That's so out of pattern for this show...
Oct 30, 2009 9:21 PM

Sep 2009
Ok Episode. Didn't really progress as much. City Burning and Trump Chains coming. I wonder how it's going to end.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

27 by waalex11 »»
Aug 16, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.