Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 11, 2010 7:47 PM

May 2008
This is so unbelievably American.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 11, 2010 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
Seriously I can't bring myself to laugh. I might have watched it with a critical eye but for me, the whole concept just doesn't work. Powerpuff poked fun at stereotypes in their own society. The same thing goes to other American comedy/satire cartoons. Super hero thing is American, Townsville is NY, cops with big bellys eating donuts, the family next door and the wife with bleached head and tanned skin... seriously, can't they see the point in those shows? Why not base it on your own society and culture? Whose culture is it rendering? PPG screams American. This is hardly funny.

Trying to wear someone else's skin sucks.
Oct 11, 2010 11:24 PM
Aug 2010
Rebella said:
Seriously I can't bring myself to laugh. I might have watched it with a critical eye but for me, the whole concept just doesn't work. Powerpuff poked fun at stereotypes in their own society. The same thing goes to other American comedy/satire cartoons. Super hero thing is American, Townsville is NY, cops with big bellys eating donuts, the family next door and the wife with bleached head and tanned skin... seriously, can't they see the point in those shows? Why not base it on your own society and culture? Whose culture is it rendering? PPG screams American. This is hardly funny.

tl;dr another incarnation of the "why are they using a Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon-inspired art style and format in an anime PEOPLE SHOULD STICK TO THEIR OWN CULTURE PERIOD" argument

it doesn't satirize things because Imaishi doesn't do satire - he generally does completely sincere cartoony insanity and occasionally fanboyish affectionate parody.
Oct 12, 2010 3:34 AM

Sep 2008
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

tl;dr another incarnation of the "why are they using a Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon-inspired art style and format in an anime PEOPLE SHOULD STICK TO THEIR OWN CULTURE PERIOD" argument

it doesn't satirize things because Imaishi doesn't do satire - he generally does completely sincere cartoony insanity and occasionally fanboyish affectionate parody.
I think it's funny when people talk about sticking to their own culture on the internet. The moment you set foot on this forum all sorts of cultural boundaries become insignificant, but god help the japanese man who doesn't use chopsticks! How dare they imitate american culture by handing a cola to the coughing man instead of tea!

The dichotomy is awesome. He's a faceless entity not associated with any particular nation, demanding that people maintain the behaviors associated with their nationality. It's just so delicious.
GanglerOct 12, 2010 3:46 AM
Oct 12, 2010 4:17 AM

Oct 2008
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

I wasn't talking about the art style. Infact it's the only thing I liked about the show but content wise, it lacked. I watched it hoping it would be funny but it was horrible. The praise it's getting is questionable and very misleading. Now excuse me, I'll go to watch what I've missed from Futurama, at least these guys know what they're doing!

Flashnews: Comedy requires writing too.
Oct 12, 2010 6:13 AM

Sep 2008
Kurueru-kun said:
Gangler said:
Kurueru-kun said:
EVA Cameo?

where is the second one from? I am unfamiliar.

She is Mari Makinami Illustrious from Evangelion 2.0: You Can Not Advance
Ah thanks. Guess I didn't recognize her because I haven't watched any of the eva movies. That makes sense.
Oct 12, 2010 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
Rebella said:
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

I wasn't talking about the art style. Infact it's the only thing I liked about the show but content wise, it lacked. I watched it hoping it would be funny but it was horrible. The praise it's getting is questionable and very misleading. Now excuse me, I'll go to watch what I've missed from Futurama, at least these guys know what they're doing!

However, it's completely subjective. I for one can't see how people wouldn't find it funny.
Oct 12, 2010 10:45 AM

Jun 2009
Onibokusu said:

You're missing the point here: What recent anime have you watched where the main characters are both bitches and totally immoral? That's right, you haven't seen anything like it recently because for the last few years nothing like it has really existed (coming from Japan, that is). Panty and Stocking aren't made of sugar, spice and everything nice. They're made of lust, gluttony and everything vile, almost as if they're a 2010 spin on the 90's American cartoon (the 2010 spin being closer to popular shows such as South Park, Family Guy, American Dad and the such. Well known cartoons from today).

Oh wow, you really think the Powerpuff Girls art style looks awful? What the hell man? That's just hating for the sake of hating. Yeah, we all get it, "Amerikun cart00nz suckz0rz!!!1!11!!1!"

Well, sorry Mr. High Brow but comedy is actually the lowest form of entertainment. There is no such thing as classy comedy. Have you actually seen stand-up? Panty & Stocking is literally in the same league with a stand-up style of humour.

That is irrelevant. Just because something is different does not automatically mean it's good. Ever wonder why there aren't any other character like panty or stocking? It's because they are unlikeable. If you can't relate or identify with a character then how are you supposed to care about them or what they do?

The powerpuff style has certain charm. But combined with overbearing written sound effects and jerky animation then yes, it's damn ugly.

You have never watched a decent comedy in you life have you? Besides I am not asking it to be classy. I just want it to be funny.

edandfredyall said:

I agree with Onibokusu.

Also, you may think the humour, story, characters, etc are shit or the show is boring but this is not fact, it's your frickin opinion which doesn't matter to anyone but you. Quit tooting your own horn thinking all you say is law. You have no proof or right to say how good the show is.

I am a viewer. This show was made to be viewed. That gives me every right to criticize. Honestly, what do you think these forums are for? For fanboys and fangirls to gush over their favorite shows and nothing more?
You don't like my opinion? Fine, don't read it. Go watch your crap. After all, it doesn't matter what I think......

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 12, 2010 1:22 PM

Jul 2007
Rebella said:
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

The funny thing is that this show is not funny at all. I actually wonder if it's even supposed to be a comedy. I honestly think the "point" of the show is what Gainax has been about since Gunbuster. It was most blatantly said with TTGL in "Kick out the logic & do the impossible." To add in more sense, Nyron, in his review, states "To put it plainly, the entire point of this show is to take the illusions otaku have surrounded themselves with for the last 10 years and annihilate them through a wanton, infinite assault of sex and Western style. "

With the kind of anime we normally see released, P&S is so Gainax-ly disillusioning that it really does, mentally, what Nyron states above. Yes, the humor is piss-poor. Yes, the art style is frankly really weird. Yes, the episodic plots definitely need more work & depth. But, overall, the show, for me, has been strangely entertaining regardless & I think a message that is trying to get across is that anime can branch out hugely from the norm in many many ways & still get watched albeit not in an excited manner. It doesn't have to follow a trend or look a certain way or have a certain type or music or have a plot that tries too hard to not follow be stereotyped or cliche'd.

All in all, I'll probably keep watching though this show won't get too high of a score from me (for reasons I stated in an earlier post), but I definitely applaud Gainax for going this far and keeping up the common theme they place in every single one of their anime (be it subtle or not). Just learn how to write better episodic plots please. :p
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 12, 2010 1:23 PM

Jul 2007
Rebella said:
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

The funny thing is that this show is not funny at all. I actually wonder if it's even supposed to be a comedy. I honestly think the "point" of the show is what Gainax has been about since Gunbuster. It was most blatantly said with TTGL in "Kick out the logic & do the impossible." To add in more sense, Nyron, in his review, states "To put it plainly, the entire point of this show is to take the illusions otaku have surrounded themselves with for the last 10 years
and annihilate them through a wanton, infinite assault of sex and Western style. "

With the kind of anime we normally see released, P&S is so Gainax-ly disillusioning that it really does, mentally, what Nyron states above. Yes, the humor is piss-poor. Yes, the art style is frankly really weird. Yes, the episodic plots definitely need more work & depth.
But, overall, the show, for me, has been strangely entertaining regardless & I think a message that is trying to get across is that anime can branch out hugely from the norm in many many ways & still get watched albeit not in an excited manner. It doesn't have to follow a trend or look a certain way or have a certain type or music or have a plot that tries too hard to not follow be stereotyped or cliche'd.

All in all, I'll probably keep watching though this show won't get too high of a score from me (for reasons I stated in an earlier post), but I definitely applaud Gainax for going this far and keeping up the common theme they place in every single one of their anime (be it subtle or not). Just learn how to write better episodic plots please. :p
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 12, 2010 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
Rebella said:
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

The funny thing is that this show is not funny at all. I actually wonder if it's even supposed to be a comedy. I honestly think the "point" of the show is what Gainax has been about since Gunbuster. It was most blatantly said with TTGL in "Kick out the logic & do the impossible." To add in more sense, Nyron, in his review, states "To put it plainly, the entire point of this show is to take the illusions otaku have surrounded themselves with for the last 10 years and annihilate them through a wanton, infinite assault of sex and Western style. "

With the kind of anime we normally see released, P&S is so Gainax-ly disillusioning that it really does, mentally, what Nyron states above. Yes, the humor is piss-poor. Yes, the art style is frankly really weird. Yes, the episodic plots definitely need more work & depth. But, overall, the show, for me, has been strangely entertaining regardless & I think a message that is trying to get across is that anime can branch out hugely from the norm in many many ways & still get watched albeit not in an excited manner. It doesn't have to follow a trend or look a certain way or have a certain type or music or have a plot that tries too hard to not follow be stereotyped or cliche'd.

きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 12, 2010 1:35 PM

Jul 2007
Rebella said:
busterbeam said:
Rebella said:

きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Oct 12, 2010 3:00 PM

Jun 2010
Still since we like anime, which is a different style than American, by far, why is this show who does the same but from the other side being to criticized.

Honestly, for people who watched alot of cartoons in the 90's like Ren n Stimpy, Rockos Modern Life, Beavis and Butt Head this show is actually very nice. I just wonder if if people of Japan are thinking this to be 'nice and different' like how we view anime.
Oct 12, 2010 6:42 PM
Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:

That is irrelevant. Just because something is different does not automatically mean it's good. Ever wonder why there aren't any other character like panty or stocking? It's because they are unlikeable. If you can't relate or identify with a character then how are you supposed to care about them or what they do?

Characters such as Panty and Stocking are only unlike-able when they are not in the position of hero or anti-hero. A lot of assholes are liked when they're in the position made to be liked, such as Light from Death Note or Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog. And identifying with a character is the most basic form of interacting with a character. A character does not need to relate to you, where were you when characters could become heroes because you looked up to them? Where were when super hero characters actually had meaning to them?

The powerpuff style has certain charm. But combined with overbearing written sound effects and jerky animation then yes, it's damn ugly.

So you don't like American Comics either? Because that is what you essentially said. That the American Comic style is damn ugly.

You have never watched a decent comedy in you life have you? Besides I am not asking it to be classy. I just want it to be funny.

I've been to live comedy shows in person by the likes of the great Jason Alexander and Jimoein. Or are you basing what comedy is supposed to be based upon sitcoms like Scrubs and Two and a Half Men?

Honestly, comedy is much more than what you see on TV. Face it, potty jokes and crudeness are the base of most comedy.

I am a viewer. This show was made to be viewed. That gives me every right to criticize. Honestly, what do you think these forums are for? For fanboys and fangirls to gush over their favorite shows and nothing more?
You don't like my opinion? Fine, don't read it. Go watch your crap. After all, it doesn't matter what I think......

Then why does my opinion have to be wrong? Just because you have an opinion?

Don't push opinion as fact. It'll get you no where.
Oct 12, 2010 6:47 PM
Oct 2009
I think I'm going to agree with the group that is basically saying "Gainax had their fun, this shit is old now"

Honestly I don't know what I'm supposed to think of this show anymore. The first episode definitely caught my attention since the concept was fresh with the whole idea of blatantly trolling popular tropes and genres, but I just didn't really feel very impressed watching this episode. As a comedy, this show really isn't really that funny. I basically perceived it as a series of misadventures with that pretty much lacks a really coherent plot and riddled with crude humor to fill in the gap of missing substance. It was hard for me to judge whether or not this episode really did anything original.

And the use of Engrish profanity to me honestly just felt forced and out of place.
A2ZOMGOct 12, 2010 6:50 PM
Oct 12, 2010 6:54 PM

Dec 2007
I really liked this episode! The lack of FLY AWAY NOW was rather disappointing, but otherwise I loved this. The fight sequence for the first segment was quite good, though I'm not sure if I liked it better than the second segment of episode 1's fight scene. I really liked the second segment, though, for taking a break from the Ghost fighting.
Ich verstehe nicht
Oct 12, 2010 8:00 PM
Nov 2008
A2ZOMG said:
I think I'm going to agree with the group that is basically saying "Gainax had their fun, this shit is old now"

Honestly I don't know what I'm supposed to think of this show anymore. The first episode definitely caught my attention since the concept was fresh with the whole idea of blatantly trolling popular tropes and genres, but I just didn't really feel very impressed watching this episode. As a comedy, this show really isn't really that funny. I basically perceived it as a series of misadventures with that pretty much lacks a really coherent plot and riddled with crude humor to fill in the gap of missing substance. It was hard for me to judge whether or not this episode really did anything original.

And the use of Engrish profanity to me honestly just felt forced and out of place.

Haha, oh wow.

Oriignal by the U.S.' standards? Of course not.. By Japan's standards? It's something totally different.

Also, according to your list this is pretty much the first Gainax production you've watched. You, sir, are the spitting image on a man who has just hopped on the Hatewagon.

May 2008
I have to admit, I didn't quite like this episode as much as the last one. Near as much, actually. And I honestly thought they were doing perfect with this show. Just didn't appeal to me, somehow. Too glam, or some such.

I agree that I am tired of the whole "stick to your own culture" thing all too common on the internet. Especially since everyone seems to be racist here. Same thing seems to be going on with all the people screaming "Japanophile" and "Weeaboo" and other slurs at people for no other reason than that they like something reasonable about Japanese culture. I'm personally for all the intertwining all ways. All these borders and barriers and expectations to be a certain way because of your national original are starting to make me physically weary and uncomfortable.

May 2008
I have to admit, I didn't quite like this episode as much as the last one. Near as much, actually. And I honestly thought they were doing perfect with this show. Just didn't appeal to me, somehow. Too glam, or some such.

I agree that I am tired of the whole "stick to your own culture" thing all too common on the internet. Especially since everyone seems to be racist here. Same thing seems to be going on with all the people screaming "Japanophile" and "Weeaboo" and other slurs at people for no other reason than that they like something reasonable about Japanese culture. I'm personally for all the intertwining all ways. All these borders and barriers and expectations to be a certain way because of your national original are starting to make me physically weary and uncomfortable.

Oct 12, 2010 10:37 PM
Oct 2009
Onibokusu said:
Also, according to your list this is pretty much the first Gainax production you've watched. You, sir, are the spitting image on a man who has just hopped on the Hatewagon.
Yeah true, I'm very unfamiliar with Gainax. And there's a lot of shows I never got around to watching. Go ahead and tell me my opinion is wrong or uninformed, I'm merely trying to explain why I wasn't impressed with this episode.

First episode by far was more interesting. This one...bleh. Everything just seems really forced in comparison without any real cohesion.
Oct 13, 2010 9:40 AM

Feb 2010
in this show , theres no such things called "fan service"
Oct 13, 2010 9:42 AM

Oct 2008
Lucifer-Sama said:
in this show , theres no such things called "fan service"

Panty???
Transformation scene???
Hello???
Oct 13, 2010 9:49 AM

Feb 2010
shadowsword said:
Panty???
Transformation scene???
Hello???

i will keep my words , there were no such things as "fan service" in this anime , nope , not even a scene.
Oct 13, 2010 10:01 AM

Oct 2008
Lucifer-Sama said:
shadowsword said:
Panty???
Transformation scene???
Hello???

i will keep my words , there were no such things as "fan service" in this anime , nope , not even a scene.

Still nothing???
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvHHLvEWXEw

Come on...Panty's damn hot!!!
:)
Oct 13, 2010 11:20 AM

Feb 2010
shadowsword said:
Still nothing???
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvHHLvEWXEw

Come on...Panty's damn hot!!!
:)

holy crap , panty , with a very strong sex appeal O////O
Oct 13, 2010 1:36 PM

Jun 2010
I actually wouldnt mind seeing this dubbed.
Oct 13, 2010 2:38 PM

Oct 2008
AidanAK47 said:

I agree. This is a messege board where every user has the right to express his/her opinion within the guidelines of MAL's terms of use so you have every right to express yours. And then if he truly didn't care about your opinion, he wouldn't have replied.

garfield15 said:
However, it's completely subjective. I for one can't see how people wouldn't find it funny.

Absolutely. While it's true that it's a matter of preferences but the show left me completely passive. I wasn't expecting them to write anything serious or deep but I was hoping for something "entertaining".
Ke$ha's songs might not rival Shakespear's sonnets but at least they're entertaining.

I don't think anyone was insinuating that Japanese writers should write about Japan and American writers should write about America no. This isn't the point of the whole "sticking to your own culture" argument. What we have here is someone who tried to do something similar to popular works from the same genre but the result didn't go as what some have hoped. I'm someone who thought it was going to be just as PowerPuff Girls. Two female social- outcasts who become superheroes overnight and the fun ensues.

If the concept was truly about trolling popular tropes and genres, then I'm afraid it's nonexistent. It's like listening to someone who's bad at telling great jokes.

Gainax has nothing to do with the "writing" The only thing I'd blame the studio for is paying those idiots for such a script when there's a million mangaka out there whose work is million times worthy of an anime adaptation than this.
RebellaOct 13, 2010 3:01 PM
Oct 14, 2010 11:29 AM

Jun 2009
Onibokusu said:

Characters such as Panty and Stocking are only unlike-able when they are not in the position of hero or anti-hero. A lot of assholes are liked when they're in the position made to be liked, such as Light from Death Note or Shadow from Sonic the Hedgehog. And identifying with a character is the most basic form of interacting with a character. A character does not need to relate to you, where were you when characters could become heroes because you looked up to them? Where were when super hero characters actually had meaning to them?

However Light and Shadow(Why shadow?) have depth. We have both agreed that Panty and stocking have zero depth. Looking up to someone means you admire them. Admiring means you would like to be like them. That's relating them to yourself.

Onibokusu said:
So you don't like American Comics either? Because that is what you essentially said. That the American Comic style is damn ugly.

Don't divert the topic. We are talking about animation here. Besides, you ignored the word "Overbearing."

Onibokusu said:
I've been to live comedy shows in person by the likes of the great Jason Alexander and Jimoein. Or are you basing what comedy is supposed to be based upon sitcoms like Scrubs and Two and a Half Men?

Honestly, comedy is much more than what you see on TV. Face it, potty jokes and crudeness are the base of most comedy.

So you are telling me that hitchickers guide to the galaxy books is nothing but potty jokes and crudeness? Groundhog day? Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Dr. Strangelove?
Please, there is so much more to comedy.

Onibokusu said:
AidanAK47 said:

Then why does my opinion have to be wrong? Just because you have an opinion?

Don't push opinion as fact. It'll get you no where.

That comment was directed at edandfredyall. Not you.

Rebella said:

Gainax has nothing to do with the "writing" The only thing I'd blame the studio for is paying those idiots for such a script when there's a million mangaka out there whose work is million times worthy of an anime adaptation than this.

Absolutely. Come on Gainax! Why not a Lucifer and the biscuit hammer adaption with soundtrack by the pillows?! It's right up your alley. If you when with that you could have got something a hundred times better than this. Not to mention I could name a dozen visual novels with excellent and unique stories just waiting to be adapted. Sharin no kuni, Tsukihime, Sekien no Inganock, Kira☆Kira, Saya no Uta, Swan Song, etc etc.
Come on Gainax. You are better than this.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Oct 14, 2010 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
"AidanAK47" said:
Absolutely. Come on Gainax! Why not a Lucifer and the biscuit hammer adaption with soundtrack by the pillows?! It's right up your alley. If you when with that you could have got something a hundred times better than this. Not to mention I could name a dozen visual novels with excellent and unique stories just waiting to be adapted. Sharin no kuni, Tsukihime, Sekien no Inganock, Kira☆Kira, Saya no Uta, Swan Song, etc etc.

Gainax adaptations tend to suck. So no. I prefer their original material (Hanamaru was pretty good but that's it)

What makes you think they'll get the pillows again? Cause they were in FLCL?
"AidanAK47" said:
Come on Gainax. You are better than this.

Nothing in PSG has been worse than anything we saw in Ebichu or Re:Cutey Honey.
Oct 14, 2010 7:14 PM

Jul 2009
Lol, epic episode XD Nice high school, Youtube stuff in there ... and oh wow, travelling everywhere to get the tapes back :P Silly Panty, you shouldn't piss off Stocking like that ... :P
Music is awesome, LOVE the ED ;O
Oct 14, 2010 11:42 PM
Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:

However Light and Shadow(Why shadow?) have depth. We have both agreed that Panty and stocking have zero depth. Looking up to someone means you admire them. Admiring means you would like to be like them. That's relating them to yourself.

No no no. Light and Shadow (I chose him because he is an Anti-Hero) both have little depth to them. Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform, as such he wishes to beat Sonic. He had little backstory to boot. Light is similar, simply doing what he wants to try and achieve what he sees as justice. He has no real goal nor outlook on life: He just hates what he deems to be wrong.

Looking up to them does not mean they can related to ones self. A hero doesn't need to be anything like you, you just have to admire them. You want to be like them because you're not like them.

Don't divert the topic. We are talking about animation here. Besides, you ignored the word "Overbearing."

I wasn't diverting it. I was just highlighting how it is also a common effect in American comics. Manga has onomatopoeia visuals as well , but to a much lesser degree.

So you are telling me that hitchickers guide to the galaxy books is nothing but potty jokes and crudeness? Groundhog day? Monty Python and the Holy Grail? Dr. Strangelove?
Please, there is so much more to comedy.

Are you saying a lot of the jokes in Hitchhikers aren't of sexual origin? Nor in groundhog day nor the Holy Grail (honestly, did you even watch it? The jokes are so sexist again both men and women)?

That comment was directed at edandfredyall. Not you.

As a public forum any one can read you comment and respond as such. I can reply to it all I want as long as there is a 'reply' button.
Oct 15, 2010 6:00 AM

Jun 2009
Onibokusu said:

No no no. Light and Shadow (I chose him because he is an Anti-Hero) both have little depth to them. Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform, as such he wishes to beat Sonic. He had little backstory to boot. Light is similar, simply doing what he wants to try and achieve what he sees as justice. He has no real goal nor outlook on life: He just hates what he deems to be wrong.

Looking up to them does not mean they can related to ones self. A hero doesn't need to be anything like you, you just have to admire them. You want to be like them because you're not like them.

I can't speak for shadow as he's a weak example and I don't know much about him. But you are wrong when you say Light has little depth. I know this is probably going to sound weak but I don't want to bother listing out the reasons why. You are just going to bang heads with me on every issue and I don't want to waste my time more than I already have.

Thanks for proving my point. What you just said is relating a character to yourself.

Onibokusu said:
I wasn't diverting it. I was just highlighting how it is also a common effect in American comics. Manga has onomatopoeia visuals as well , but to a much lesser degree.

I am well aware of that. I read American and Japanese comics. My point is that these onomatopoeia visuals in PSWG are overbearing. Even in American comics the sound effects don't take up over 70% of a panel in most scenes.

Onibokusu said:
Are you saying a lot of the jokes in Hitchhikers aren't of sexual origin? Nor in groundhog day nor the Holy Grail (honestly, did you even watch it? The jokes are so sexist again both men and women)?

I really am having difficulty finding a hitchikers sex joke. Same for groundhog day. I was iffy about putting Holy grail in there as I wasn't sure but the most memorable jokes were not of sexual origin.
Listen to yourself. You can't honestly believe this.

Onibokusu said:
As a public forum any one can read you comment and respond as such. I can reply to it all I want as long as there is a 'reply' button.

Wow, you just won't give in even when you are wrong. I better make this clear because your next message is likely to include something along the lines of "No one is right or wrong here" I was referring to this one sentence and the sentence alone. You can reply to someones message but that message wasn't directed at you. However you replied as if it was directed at you when it had nothing to do with you. Besides, I wasn't saying that any opinion was wrong. I was just saying that if someone does not like my opinion then there no need to read it.

Oct 15, 2010 2:38 PM

Sep 2010
Hmm, I really don't know what to say about this show. At one side it bores me and I don't laugh at all, but on the other side it still attracts me and stimulates me to watch more..
Guess I'll watch a few more episodes before I decide whether I'll drop this or not.

(By the way, am I the only one who's getting extremely sad when hearing the ED?)
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Oct 15, 2010 11:49 PM
Oct 2009
RomanaDesu said:
(By the way, am I the only one who's getting extremely sad when hearing the ED?)
Do you like the ED or not? I personally think it's very forgettable.
Oct 16, 2010 1:02 AM
Nov 2008
AidanAK47 said:
I can't speak for shadow as he's a weak example and I don't know much about him. But you are wrong when you say Light has little depth. I know this is probably going to sound weak but I don't want to bother listing out the reasons why. You are just going to bang heads with me on every issue and I don't want to waste my time more than I already have.

Thanks for proving my point. What you just said is relating a character to yourself.

So you know nothing about one character, and you won't provide any counter evidence for the other? You would be an amazing lawyer my friend.

As far as I am concerned, Light and Shadow have an extremely shallow depth to them. Their goal is established early on and it does not change. Neither of them have anything akin to Super Man character development, nor even the most basic character development leading to depth of character. There are no underlying reasons for their actions, they just do.

And I don't believe I proved your point. When someone is not like you, except on the most basic levels of humanity, it is hardly relating a character to one's self. "I want to be a hero and save people too with powers" does not translate to anything feasible when it comes to relations. How could you, or I, relate to a hero? Unless I hold an Award for Bravery or something, it is impossible to relate to a hero when considering looking up to them.

I am well aware of that. I read American and Japanese comics. My point is that these onomatopoeia visuals in PSWG are overbearing. Even in American comics the sound effects don't take up over 70% of a panel in most scenes.

From what I can see, the onomatopoeia visuals here do not take up 70% of the screen. Don't you just love statistics, 80% of people agree that statistics make you look smarter just by mentioning them, even if bullshit.

I really am having difficulty finding a hitchikers sex joke. Same for groundhog day. I was iffy about putting Holy grail in there as I wasn't sure but the most memorable jokes were not of sexual origin.
Listen to yourself. You can't honestly believe this.

You had a hard time finding a Hitchhiker's joke that had a sexual origin? How about how the universal translator feels when it enters the body? How about the various adult situations? Are you oblivious to jokes of a sexual nature, or have you just tuned them out so you don't have to bitch about it? And Groundhog Day? What did you think "Phil, why weren't you like this last night? You just fell asleep." Was all about?

I think you honestly need to rewatch the movies in question.

Wow, you just won't give in even when you are wrong. I better make this clear because your next message is likely to include something along the lines of "No one is right or wrong here" I was referring to this one sentence and the sentence alone. You can reply to someones message but that message wasn't directed at you. However you replied as if it was directed at you when it had nothing to do with you. Besides, I wasn't saying that any opinion was wrong. I was just saying that if someone does not like my opinion then there no need to read it.

So you're saying that, if the comment is not directed at me I should not respond to it if I wish to do so? Well, that defeats the purpose of a public forum in its entirety, does it not? How does that make my response "wrong" in any which way? Was it wrong simply because we are also having an argument based upon opinions in the same context but it was not directed at I? I can bloody well respond to a post in any which way I choose to, and it surely doesn't make me wrong.

Oh, and you are wrong about what I was going to type. Why? Because we seem to be arguing more than opinions here.
Oct 16, 2010 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
A2ZOMG said:
RomanaDesu said:
Do you like the ED or not? I personally think it's very forgettable.

I DO really like it, I keep listening to it, but it just always leaves me with a very sad feeling.
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Oct 16, 2010 12:55 PM

Sep 2009
"HEY! WHAT THE FUCK!?" I love when Panty say that.
"Hi Panty, What up?" I like Stocking's Whats Up! :DD
Oct 16, 2010 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
Engrish swearing never fails to amuse me.

My personal highlight was Panty chewing a condom like gum xDDDDD
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Oct 16, 2010 6:59 PM

Jun 2009
Onibokusu said:
So you know nothing about one character, and you won't provide any counter evidence for the other? You would be an amazing lawyer my friend.

As far as I am concerned, Light and Shadow have an extremely shallow depth to them. Their goal is established early on and it does not change. Neither of them have anything akin to Super Man character development, nor even the most basic character development leading to depth of character. There are no underlying reasons for their actions, they just do.

I knew you would jump on that. Yes, I understand how it sounds. But I just don't feel like typing out all the reasons just to have you disagree with me on each one. Because one, it's pointless and two, it's even more off topic that we already are. Not to mention a waste of time.

Not everything is spelled out for you. Look closely at ones actions and you will find worth.

Onibokusu said:
And I don't believe I proved your point. When someone is not like you, except on the most basic levels of humanity, it is hardly relating a character to one's self. "I want to be a hero and save people too with powers" does not translate to anything feasible when it comes to relations. How could you, or I, relate to a hero? Unless I hold an Award for Bravery or something, it is impossible to relate to a hero when considering looking up to them.

If I explain the answer you will just find a way to argue with it. Think about it and come up with the answer on your own. Then seeing as it was you that came to that answer you may be more willing to accept it.

Onibokusu said:
I think you honestly need to rewatch the movies in question.

True, I haven't seen them in a while.

Onibokusu said:
So you're saying that, if the comment is not directed at me I should not respond to it if I wish to do so? Well, that defeats the purpose of a public forum in its entirety, does it not? How does that make my response "wrong" in any which way? Was it wrong simply because we are also having an argument based upon opinions in the same context but it was not directed at I? I can bloody well respond to a post in any which way I choose to, and it surely doesn't make me wrong.

Oh, and you are wrong about what I was going to type. Why? Because we seem to be arguing more than opinions here.

Sigh....it never ends. Do you have to disagree with everything I say? At least consent on some points and we might come to an understanding.

Yawn....I'm bored. This isn't really about this show anymore so if you want to continue this then you might as well do it through profile comments or PMs.

Oct 17, 2010 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
I'm a bit disturbed that Panty didn't know what a condom was when she saw it. O__O

I didn't enjoy this as much as the first episode, but it was still good fun.
Oct 17, 2010 7:17 PM
Aug 2009
AngelRin said:
"HEY! WHAT THE FUCK!?" I love when Panty say that.

Indeed, I lol'd so much xD

I enjoyed this episode more than the first one.
Oct 19, 2010 1:02 AM

Sep 2009
This episode was slightly less funny than the last one, but it was still enjoyable.

That Gir-ish dog is starting to get on my nerves.
Oct 30, 2010 9:04 PM

Mar 2009
I like this episode more than the first, which is a good thing.
Oct 31, 2010 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
jdexarch said:
Gotta love Stocking's payback, that scene made the ep for me

This <33
Nov 2, 2010 7:55 PM

Mar 2010
Well, what can I say... Another great episode. Filled with parodies, a lot more sexual references, and so much more. I'm totally looking foward to the next episode. :)
Nov 12, 2010 2:50 PM

Apr 2009
Lol tissues at the end. /orz

Dear dear, they're all bitches. .___.
Nov 14, 2010 12:25 PM
Jan 2010
I'm not sure if this was meant to make me laugh, I sure didn't. But I suppose I'll keep watching.
Nov 16, 2010 5:18 PM

May 2010
i laughed so hard when panty chewed the condomn XD
btw those girls look super sexy in uniforms
i felt bad for panty in the end T_T
God, i still can't get enough the ending song the music in this show is just amazing
Nov 26, 2010 11:21 PM

Feb 2010
When Panty says english words it reminds me of the DMC manager. What the FUCK! lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2010 12:24 PM

Oct 2009
LMAO this is so fucking messed up, man this shit is awesome!
I love their English <333
And OST is pretty awesome, i need that tooooooooooooo.....................!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Dec 24, 2010

426 by NoldorSensei »»
Aug 29, 9:10 PM

» Mahou Shoujo tag??

Moonshine_cookie - Aug 13

6 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 16, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReaperEXE - Oct 1, 2010

436 by KuroSaiko772 »»
Aug 13, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chalco - Nov 5, 2010

199 by Eatsik »»
Apr 20, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Panty &amp; Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Dec 17, 2010

140 by TobiasAnimeMan »»
Apr 13, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.