Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2010 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
checkdafool said:
this anime started out of nowhere 0_o
That's what I was thinking. Why did it start one months before the new season started?
Sep 4, 2010 11:31 AM

Jul 2010
The art style's a bit different from what I normally watch and it looks like it could be interesting. May as well keep an eye on it.
Sep 4, 2010 11:36 AM

Jun 2009
werr-y said:
checkdafool said:
this anime started out of nowhere 0_o
That's what I was thinking. Why did it start one months before the new season started?
That's why it's called preair, you know.
OrochiPLSep 4, 2010 11:45 AM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 4, 2010 12:16 PM
Dec 2007
The form's great with an art really close to Valkyria Chronicles' and relatively interesting direction, however, there's a huge gap between the seemingly serious side they're trying to create and the silliness/shallowness of the synopsis/dialogues/characters. And obviously, the wrongly used ecchiness finishes to ruin the show.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 4, 2010 1:36 PM

Sep 2009
As everyone, the 'line art' style is brilliant.
The main guy's voice is not pretty at all.
Nothing that fascinating till now.
Sep 4, 2010 1:51 PM

Aug 2010
nah the animation was unique
but sometimes its too awkward :/

as for the story, im sure this will suck after 3 or 4 episodes
who knows.
Sep 4, 2010 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
The art and animation are clearly unique and interesting, a bit weak at times. Black dots everywhere which clearly ruins how the episode went. Sound is nothing special. As for story, I clearly have no idea what just happened or what is gonna happen. All I understood was samurai, boobs, student council and kiss.

Based on this, I know this'll be just a show full of fights, girls getting stripped until naked and a nonsense plot. Dunno if I want to continue this.....Meh, I guess I'm gonna watch this for the VAs and the ending song, though why does the male lead have to be voiced by Hirakawa Daisuke o.0 Anyone but him -_-. Oh well, I have my loli KugiRie and big breasted Kobayashi Yuu.
Sep 4, 2010 2:28 PM

Jan 2010
FAYLANNNNNNNNNNNN! *-*

I'm surprised to find myself really liking the art. I'm usually turned away from ecchi anime because of the hideous art, but this series is different. The story is also exceptionally good for an ecchi/romance anime, but that's probably because it's not a harem and it's set in a samurai era. :P
Sep 4, 2010 2:34 PM

Jun 2009
Tayloroids said:
The story is also exceptionally good for an ecchi/romance anime, but that's probably because it's not a harem and it's set in a samurai era. :P
No, it's actually set in 22nd year of Heisei, in other words year 2011.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 4, 2010 2:48 PM

Mar 2010
Meh. Fairly mindless, lots of ecchi, seems easy to follow. Exactly what I was expecting. Not too bad a plot from what I can see. Will definitely give it another coupleof eps.
Although those inksplats are just friccking annoying. They're just annoying....there are better ways of censoring.....
Sep 4, 2010 2:54 PM

Jun 2007
This was pretty nuts.
And I don't mean nuts in good way.
Sep 4, 2010 2:58 PM

May 2008
Aversa said:
The drawing style is unique and amazing it gives a very nice feeling.
I loved that scene with the B29 bombers it kind of felt refreshing to see American forces get attacked for ones.
This Anime also has a feeling like it happened very long ago but Heisei year 22 is now, which also explains the digital camera and the high tech glasses.

First impression of this Anime is very good to me.

I totally agree with this.
I also love the music during te scene with the bombers and how they kick @$$ and the animation style is very unique wich I also really dig.
Sep 4, 2010 3:56 PM
May 2009
it certainly have the feel of many animes

and the art kinda remind me of katanagatari, I'm not saying it's not the same but rather different than other animes

I watch and see how it goes, just hope the ink splatters reduce over time
Sep 4, 2010 3:57 PM

Jan 2010
OrochiPL said:
Tayloroids said:
The story is also exceptionally good for an ecchi/romance anime, but that's probably because it's not a harem and it's set in a samurai era. :P
No, it's actually set in 22nd year of Heisei, in other words year 2011.

Ah, my bad for wording that incorrectly. xD No clue why I said era, I meant that I liked how it has a samurai theme.
Sep 4, 2010 4:19 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the animation, will certaintly watch this one.
Sep 4, 2010 5:01 PM

Mar 2010
Loved the art style, animation was nice. The only thing that got old fast was the black spots, given they stopped using them about 1/3 into the episode (excluding the times they used them for censor), they was really cool for transitions, though...I think I'm going to enjoy this series ^_^ just hope the only male character I seen so far doesn't get pushed to the side and end up being a weakling.

Sep 4, 2010 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
Another samurai story with a Yagyuu, Jubei character, but this time with out an eye patch.
I love the animation art as it tries to look like Japanese paintings.
I don't mind the ink being the censoring method, beats the hell out of the mysterious mist, sudden glare, dark shadow and red out screens. Would be better if the lightened them up just a shade so they do match the other ink spots.
The story seems rehashed but the characters seem interesting.
I actually want to see what kind of powers the kiss gives the characters.
Sep 4, 2010 5:54 PM

Nov 2009
Agreed with others; ink > mist.
I spent half the episode trying to identify Hirakawa Daisuke's voice, perhaps because i recognized Rie and thought it might have a heavy seiyuu cast. I will tell you i was depressed i remembered his voice since i didn't like any of his roles.

As far as being awesome, that's not the case, but it is definitely more promising than your average show.
Sep 4, 2010 6:17 PM

Jun 2010
Yea I dislike the ink, might as well remove the ecchi, I think people would view this just for the animation itself, the male lead for the most part at least inst a pushover so that always a needed bonus, fight scenes so far seem uninteresting but still just episode .

And yea Hirakawa as a lead voice to me always seems like a bad choice just cause he has that awkward hesitant tone, I literally forced myself through Omamori Himari and well School Days......ya know.
Sep 4, 2010 7:49 PM

Jan 2010
at the beginning it feels like im watching strike witches and sekirei. LOL anyway, I liked the art style :p
Sep 4, 2010 8:02 PM

May 2009
is this incest?
Sep 4, 2010 9:06 PM

May 2010
My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-fp
Sep 4, 2010 9:41 PM
Jul 2009
Okay. Now let's see where this goes.
Sep 4, 2010 10:46 PM
Feb 2009
damn cant wait for uncensored version ;P
Sep 5, 2010 2:21 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mathes said:
This was pretty nuts.
And I don't mean nuts in good way.
Ah come on Matt, next time I'll make you have a beer while watching this. There's far worse stuff out there and this anime does obviously not want its watchers to take it too seriously. (:

xly15 said:
My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-fp
Oh nice! Next time I won't download the episode and wait for your impressions. I mean, there are more screenshots on your 'blog' than frames in the actual episode. WIN!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 5, 2010 3:07 AM

Oct 2009
Hey, something I like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2010 8:03 AM

Jul 2010
angelei28 said:
at the beginning it feels like im watching strike witches and sekirei. LOL anyway, I liked the art style :p

+1

Sep 5, 2010 8:33 AM

Dec 2008
Interesting animation style I like thick outlines.
I like Sanada because she's voiced by Kugimiya Rie in "Louise style" and looks nice.
The episode itself was very entertaining I hope they won't overdid it with the fanservice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2010 8:38 AM

Aug 2009
Memorable animation, nudity, girls, but censorship can be condemned.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Sep 5, 2010 9:57 AM

Apr 2008
this is in the bottom three as far as censorship goes. Interesting art style, but it makes the girls less visually attractive (ie not moe :<).

still don't know where this is going, so i guess i'll reserve judgment on this

Sep 5, 2010 11:50 AM
Sep 2010
is it just me that thinks that all those girls in the op will come form the sky and this will be like sekirei with kiss power ups?
Sep 5, 2010 1:19 PM

Nov 2008
I like this, but it really needs to have more creative censoring (light censoring like with SW2 would work better than the current censoring) though especially if this is going to be heavily censored like Qwaser. It feels like Strike Witches and Queen's Blade mixed together.

Sep 5, 2010 5:53 PM
Feb 2010
this anime is the shittest anime i have ever seen ikkitousen is better

people wake up
Sep 5, 2010 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
Stuff that I like about the show:

--Male protagonist is not some good-for-nothing, wimpy, nerdy, weakling.
--Preferable amount of ecchiness
--Somewhat intriguing story

Things I don't like
--The black inks sputtered on the screen.

Still hoping that this anime doesn't go downhill in the long run.
Sep 5, 2010 6:13 PM
Sep 2010
totally agree with the dude on top of me
Sep 5, 2010 7:38 PM
Jun 2010
overall i thought it was pretty good. it reminded me alot of sekirei with the whole kissing thing but still good nonetheless.....i was hoping the black ink would go away after the op. i feel like its gonna get to be annoying in the long run but i can deal with it
Sep 5, 2010 8:47 PM
Sep 2010
revo88 said:
overall i thought it was pretty good. it reminded me alot of sekirei with the whole kissing thing but still good nonetheless.....i was hoping the black ink would go away after the op. i feel like its gonna get to be annoying in the long run but i can deal with it

finally someone who read my comment i feel its alot like sekirei too. D you think those other girls in the OP will also come out of the sky and need kisses like that red haired one? Maybe become a harem like sekirei
Sep 6, 2010 12:22 AM

Oct 2007
QysteiN said:
Haha, Ofc Kugimiya, Rie is the flat chested's voice actor! :D
And that is the worst thing that ever done to anime Voice Actor.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 6, 2010 3:45 AM

Aug 2008
Or maybe the worst thing ever done to flat chested characters...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 6, 2010 6:35 AM

Jan 2009
Well, to put it this way...
I approve of the fabulous art style.
I approve of the OP.
I approve of having Kotobuku Minako, Kobayashi Yuu, Koshimizu Ami, Kugimiya Rie, Makoto Hirakawa Daisuke, and Sakurai Takahiro in the cast.
I do not approve of having Toyosaki Aki there. (The rest are pretty meh, whatever.)
I approve of the action sequences.
ED is meh, neither approve nor disapprove.
I do not approve of the constant ink blobs. Damn annoying things.
And lastly, I can't really say I approve of the fanservice, because... No, it's just excessive. (Yes, it's excessive in HotD too.)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 6, 2010 6:54 AM

Jun 2009
Okay, what exactly am I watching here?
hmm i dont even know what i should right its not unwachable and not good either it didnt happen enough too say anything
1st ep is a fail but maybey the second is more interesting
Sep 6, 2010 7:40 AM

Jan 2008
Nice art, story seems just average tho ... will probably watch this because of Kugimiya Rie anyway!
Sep 6, 2010 10:56 AM

Oct 2009
That art style is really something else...

Lol @ Panties + Bra = Ero xD
Sep 6, 2010 12:47 PM
Jun 2010
gene098 said:
finally someone who read my comment i feel its alot like sekirei too. D you think those other girls in the OP will also come out of the sky and need kisses like that red haired one? Maybe become a harem like sekirei

i doubt they're all going to come from the sky. i think 4 or 5 out of the 7 women have already been seen so it could be shes just a special case/their leader but i do think hes gonna have to kiss them to unlock their true power
Sep 6, 2010 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
Oosran said:
I approve of having Kotobuku Minako, Kobayashi Yuu, Koshimizu Ami, Kugimiya Rie, Makoto Hirakawa Daisuke, and Sakurai Takahiro in the cast.
I do not approve of having Toyosaki Aki there. (The rest are pretty meh, whatever.)
The fuck...? I totally agree with you there. Hirasawa Daisuke's a bit annoying but his voice seems to fit Muneakira. And Kugimiya Rie is actually pretty good this time, wich is very unexpected.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 6, 2010 11:07 PM

May 2010
The art style is great
That was a okay episode
Sep 6, 2010 11:30 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Those ink messes get in the way... D:

Sep 7, 2010 4:11 AM
Jun 2008
This Anime gives me a Canaan feeling.
They use thick black line on the edge of character to make it look as if it is 3D (hardly not),but the Japanese traditional portrait as background really makes the Anime character stand out... ^.^
Kinda interesting and I might follow this series .
my comment is as messy as this show...
Sep 7, 2010 7:59 AM

Mar 2010
Kanade-chan said:
Rasco said:
matabie running into the door hilarious

Chick with fighting abilities is a big thumbs up

The black dots are kinda ok

Honzous funny too. overall i really like this anime.

Those black dots are sumi, japanese ink. I find them a bit annoying in an anime =/

sumi i didnt know that, y thank you, your list is impressive

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 7, 2010 8:04 AM

Jan 2010
I only watched because Rie Kugimiya was in the cast.. I think I'm gonna watch a few episodes or more..
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Dec 19, 2010

120 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 9:21 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 11 Discussion

MorningGlory - Dec 6, 2010

44 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 10 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Dec 7, 2010

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 9 Discussion

SoFarGone - Nov 29, 2010

43 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 21, 2010

57 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.