Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »
Dec 11, 2010 9:58 AM

Dec 2007
I used to think I could cook until I almost caught the kitchen on fire last night. Who knew that a skillet with only butter in it could create so many flames. I didn't even know butter was flammable
Dec 11, 2010 12:20 PM

Jul 2008
^ Butter consists of hydrocarbons. So does gasoline. You do the math :D

I can't cook very well but I've been getting better at it. I can make a wonderful salad (not really cooking but OK) and cook rice and potatoes. (Sticky and non sticky, baked or mashed potatoes.)

For serious meals, I can make decent chili, I can of course cook pasta, I can bake chicken, and I'm really awesome with the barbecue. I've done chicken, pork, especially pork kebabs, and all sorts of veggies like corn and zucchini and bell peppers. I can make tomato soup from scratch and if I tried I suppose I could do garden vegetable too. Chicken soup is still a little complicated but I did it using detailed instructions from my parents before.

I've also been learning how to make Japanese dishes. A friend taught me how to make maki rolls, which is really fun. I can also make onigiri and Japanese style curry! (I've made chicken and pork curry...but I don't bother with spices and use a premade curry mix :D)

The other day I surprised myself because I made stewed beef that was like the most amazing thing ever. It's really easy, too. Dice up some onions, heat them until they're reduced, brown the beef, season, let it stew for two hours. Result: DELICIOUSNESS

I can also bake when presented with a recipe. Oatmeal coconut cookies are my specialty. I once tried to make really chocolatey brownies...that was a disaster, lemme tell you. Horrible recipe! I can bake a cake too.

I've gotten way better at cooking than I used to be. If my parents left the house for a week nowadays, I could survive quite comfortably doing all the cooking.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Dec 11, 2010 12:46 PM

Nov 2010
My parents are both unskilled and I couldn´t learn anything from them. When I tried using recipes, it couldn´t be called delicious, but it was at least eatable. I would love to be able to cook, but I having no one to learn from makes it hard...
Dec 11, 2010 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
I can cook (rice, meat and mashed potatoes), but I can be (and make) a disaster if there's no one around. So I just don't cook very often or at all.
At first I was like ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ. But then I was like ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌.
Dec 11, 2010 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
I can't cook a lot of things, but what I can I really enjoy. Once I'm graduated (aka have more time) I'll spend more time learning it.
Dec 12, 2010 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
aallie said:
I can cook (rice, meat and mashed potatoes), but I can be (and make) a disaster if there's no one around. So I just don't cook very often or at all.
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
🌳                                🌳
🌳     🐝             🦝        🌲   🌳 
🌳      Cursor Nature reserve               🌳
🌳         🦋         🦩      🐕    🌳
🌳                                 🌳
🌳      🐐           🌲       🐧    🌳
Dec 12, 2010 6:14 AM

Mar 2010
My grandfather owned an Italian restaurant and taught me how to cook til he passed away. He always told me one of the best way you could impress a woman is by being a good cook and of course a decent guy etc etc etc.

Also learned how to cook some filipino stuff from my mom. Although I don't cook that kinda of stuff very often. I can also cook alot of random dishes, curry, etc etc.

Its not really that hard to learn how to cook, you just have to be able t o pay attention to stuff.
Dec 12, 2010 11:20 AM
Jun 2010
I'd like to be able to. Mexican has to be up there on my list of favorites. However I don't really have the money to buy all these organic foods and all the sides to make. I'm pretty creative when it comes to cooking so I think if I had all the food, I'd be able to :]

I know women are supposed to be the chefs but I kinda am really attracted to a man that can cook ^^
Dec 12, 2010 12:33 PM

Feb 2009
*wants to changes his vote*

After living on my own for a few monthes i've come to the conclusion that contrairy to my previous vote i in facti love to cook.
(the dishes are an entirely different story tbh)

Any inb4: PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN:
Dec 12, 2010 12:52 PM

Jul 2009
Arcan said:

After living on my own for a few monthes i've come to the conclusion that contrairy to my previous vote i in facti love to cook.

Had the first dish yesterday as starters

Third dish didn't impress me. (I also think you're left handed)
Dec 12, 2010 12:58 PM
Jul 2010
Arcan said:

I see you can cook pretty well, also it looks quiet delicious :)

I can cook only simple stuff
Dec 12, 2010 1:12 PM

Feb 2009
invalidlink said:
Arcan said:
~

Had the first dish yesterday as starters

Third dish didn't impress me. (I also think you're left handed)

Actualy a righthanded one who just learned where to place the knife and fork xD
3th one is a easy one thats done realy quick, spaggetty with stirfried egges with ham cooked in it :)
ArcanDec 12, 2010 1:22 PM
Jan 17, 2011 2:54 PM

Aug 2010
if i have a recipe i can make something edible =)
Jan 17, 2011 7:27 PM

Nov 2010
My mother does the cooking for me. When i cook the food it is mostly the easy stuff and never the hard stuff. Man reality is going to hit me hard when i live alone.
I AM THE GREAT PRUSSIA AND I AM AWESOME!!!!

Jan 17, 2011 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
I'm a pretty good cook.
I absolutely love it, and cook dinner at home around two nights a week.
Once I move out I'm really looking forward to cooking what I want when I want.

I'm a big fan of ethnic food.
I do a lot of Thai and Indian.

Anything with boneless skinless chicken breasts is fun to cook.

Though I hate doing boring things, like simple meals with ground beef and so on.

And I really hate traditional American food, but it gets a bit difficult to avoid that.
Jan 18, 2011 4:29 AM

Jun 2010
I am suprised most people exaly love to cook here on mal but i prefer a pizza in the oven xD.
Jan 18, 2011 6:05 AM
May 2009
Mainly like to go for trial and error approach, I find it more interesting when mixing the ingredients together.
Jan 18, 2011 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
I know how to cook pasta and rice, not more from that...
But I hope to learn more.

And that's it. Na-no-ne/De-aru/Relo XD
Jan 18, 2011 6:52 AM

May 2010
I don't really cook, I have made pasta, but as you said, that doesn't count. I can follow a recipe and I have made cookies from scratch.
Jan 18, 2011 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
I can, but I choose not too...Thats what a GF is for... and yes sounds sexist, but its not like I don't do the dishes after or treat you to dinner. =) so fair is fair!
Be humble or be humbled.
Jan 18, 2011 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
sert908 said:
I don't really cook, I have made pasta, but as you said, that doesn't count. I can follow a recipe and I have made cookies from scratch.

Same here, I should ask my dad to teach me how to cook since he's a chef.
Jan 18, 2011 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
I love cooking. I'm no professional chef, but I can make some stuff. I usually just make ordinary stuff a bit more exciting. Grilled cheese with 4 different kinds of cheese, potatoes o'Brien with added veggies, home-made chicken soup, home-made pizza, all kinds of Mexican food...
Everyone in my family loves to cook, plus I took Home Economics and I learned a lot from that class. And I experiment a lot when my parents are working and I'm home alone XD
Jan 18, 2011 9:44 PM
Jan 2011
I get into it when its weird or from my garden. Like using my native plants and stuff. I made acorn, bay nut cookies once and they rocked.
Otherwise I wish I had an unlimited pizza and milkshake card.
Jan 19, 2011 11:37 AM
Oct 2009
I love to cook! And I am very good at it ^-^ I have the two best teachers in the world; my mom and grandma ^^
Jan 19, 2011 1:10 PM

Apr 2010
i make immense pancakes but that and sheperd's pie is probably my limit.

last time i made a cake it stuck to the plate and the cake tray it was... difficult... to get to and eat lol^^

oh i forgot though my cooking skills are questionable i claim making the nicest scrambled egg and baked beans :L
Jan 19, 2011 4:20 PM

Jul 2009
I hate cheap food and american stereotype food.

I'm more of a british/french/italian/japanese person when I cook

Yes I can cook to satisfy my own hunger.
Jan 19, 2011 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
I can make spaghetti and I can heat a pizza.

Can't be arsed to do more than that..
Jan 19, 2011 7:01 PM

Aug 2010
Only if there is a cookbook nearby, because I can't make anything from memory.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jan 20, 2011 3:04 PM

Nov 2010
I've been able to cook since I was little. I used to watch my mother cook and I always ended up helping her. It was a lot of fun, so I got really into it and eventually moved onto cooking on my own and even making my own recipes. I mainly cook starters/main courses, but I'm practising my hand at deserts now, cakes especially.
Jan 21, 2011 6:03 PM

Jul 2010
I can cook some food for myself but when it comes to helping my mom in the kitchen, it might get intense because I'm completely an idiot when I'm around her since she tends to lose her temper easily.
Jan 23, 2011 12:18 PM

Jul 2010
I love cooking. When I cook for dinner etc, it's usually chicken dishes, like chicken tacos, chicken wok, chicken curry.. xD But I'm better at baking than cooking, really. Whenever it's someones birthday or something I'm the one who bakes the cake. And for christmas me and my grandma usually split up the baking, and I am the one who makes all the candies/chocolates :3
Jan 23, 2011 8:51 PM
Jan 2011
love to cook, i rather cook then go out to eat.
all men sould learn how to cook,
Jan 23, 2011 10:59 PM

Mar 2010
Okay ... I can cook call me a dweeb ,,,, Every time I cook It's like an adventure cuz I like to mix things up ,,, put this on that or use that and at the end I find my self facing a new meal with a new taste

70% of the time I find myself facing a gate of hell not a meal xD
Jan 23, 2011 11:23 PM

Sep 2009
love to cook .....
Jan 23, 2011 11:25 PM

Oct 2008
I really like cooking! Especially baking things like cakes and cookies, but I also enjoy making different dishes for dinner. I really love trying out different recipes. :D
Jan 23, 2011 11:37 PM

Jul 2009
Lets see.. I've been waiting for 1 1/2 hours for my bread dough to rise and... nothing's happened and the time I tried to make sponge cake, I did it 4 times before I ran out of ingredients and it still refused to be spongy - You be the judge.
Jan 23, 2011 11:59 PM

Oct 2008
fai-san said:
Lets see.. I've been waiting for 1 1/2 hours for my bread dough to rise and... nothing's happened and the time I tried to make sponge cake, I did it 4 times before I ran out of ingredients and it still refused to be spongy - You be the judge.

Did you use dry yeast in the bread dough? If so did you mix it with warm water? Also it helps if you leave it to rise in a warm place. I'm no expert at making bread though. I generally just cheat and use my bread maker machine. XD

Sponge cake can be a pain in the butt.
Jan 24, 2011 2:02 AM

Mar 2010
I can only cook instant noodles (ones from the bag) and eggs, but I like my eggs with butter, so goood

Jan 24, 2011 8:56 AM
Jun 2010
I can cook,
you know like eggs, fries XD
but honestly I can't, I hope I'll be able to make a robot to do it for me ^_^
Jan 24, 2011 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
I know how to cook about everything u'd like to eat except for weird stuff! but I'd rather not cook, MOMMA can cook for me until i move out xd except for some things I always cook myself.
Jan 24, 2011 1:11 PM

Feb 2008
I can cook, and I even like it somewhat. Of course I'm no master chef, but you can rely on me with most of the basic dishes. :]
Jan 30, 2011 3:36 PM

Nov 2007
I know how to cook, but most of the time I choose not too...(I'm a really lazy person...) thought, I can make some interesting stuff to satisfy my hunger if I’m in the mood for cooking that is.

but what i love making is different kind of desserts:D as i love sweet things so I enjoy making them the most.

Jan 30, 2011 6:54 PM

Aug 2010
Im a decent cook and i actually do enjoy it. Most of what i cook is Japanese. My 2 favs are curry and Ramen with pork and shrooms =]
Jan 31, 2011 7:30 AM

Apr 2009

I can but I'd rather not (your vote)

Explains me perfectly xD
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jan 31, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
I can cook quite well. Its really not that hard. I even make my own sushi once a month.
Jan 31, 2011 9:35 AM
Sep 2010
I like to cook but i am not so good at it. ^^
Jan 31, 2011 4:25 PM

Nov 2010
I can - I mean, for the most part it really doesn't seem too hard.

But then again, I'm usually too lazy to cook... and I hate doing dishes. So... PIZZA!!!
Feb 1, 2011 12:04 AM

Jan 2011
I guess you could say I'm pretty decent when it comes to cooking. Sometimes I even try creating something "original". Which sometimes may or may not taste good. ^_^
Feb 1, 2011 1:48 AM

Sep 2010
I can cook pretty well since I grew up with only a mom. She mostly only cooked Italian and Spanish dishes though so I can't really make anything outside of those two.
Feb 4, 2011 12:31 PM

Dec 2010
can cook but dont enjoy it, except bbq.
Pages (21) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »

More topics from this board

» lowercase chat thread v.22 people can't do titles a painful edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karinara - May 12

7800 by playfulcloud88 »»
2 minutes ago

» I asked AI : what will the next kyoani project?

Pinoffin - 4 minutes ago

0 by Pinoffin »»
4 minutes ago

» Harshly judge the user above you based on their Last List Updates v.12 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Apr 9, 2023

9762 by DigiCat »»
7 minutes ago

» Is the anime title real or made-up? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Fantastical- - Apr 28

252 by anime »»
7 minutes ago

» Let's Play Word Association !! ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystepsi - Jun 24

152 by -Fantastical- »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.