Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Jul 24, 2010 12:35 AM
Nov 2008
Izaya_chan said:
Onibokusu said:
Jay_Ox said:
Onibokusu said:
It's because kids these days don't know the value of a dollar.

May 5, 1992

You're a kid yourself.

I'm legally an adult. I can drink, drive, go to clubs, buy pr0nz and gamble.

I showed you.
Heh, 13 years old(s) can do all that too. except driving since it's illegal.

Not that they know what to do with any of it.
Jul 24, 2010 3:33 AM

Jul 2007
Izaya_chan said:
Onibokusu said:
Jay_Ox said:
Onibokusu said:
It's because kids these days don't know the value of a dollar.

May 5, 1992

You're a kid yourself.

I'm legally an adult. I can drink, drive, go to clubs, buy pr0nz and gamble.

I showed you.
Heh, 13 years old(s) can do all that too. except driving since it's illegal.

Nope

If someone younger than 18 even tries to buy alcohol in my country, it can land him for at least few years into teen colony ;]

Being caught doing that in public place results in same outcome.
Being caught at all results in same outcome.

You can learn to drive once you go past age of 16, but you can only get the license once you are 18.

The differences across the countries - gotta love that.
Jul 24, 2010 4:08 AM

Feb 2010
How about enough offtopic ?

R.I.P OneManga

Lets find an equivalent site, aight? I am all for giving credits to the scanlators team, because they do an amazing job. I just do not see why not all scanlations can be gathered in one place, to read online or download.

I mean, just adda note at the bottom of the manga where you can write a message to the scanlator team to say how awesome they are.

To me it seems like quite the hassle to visit 30 diffrent sites, just to give proper credits. Humans are lazy, that is why we evolve,. I can not see why anone has a problem with that...
"Oh, look a black cat - The Matrix"
If you are a guy or a girl, go out and give someone a smile. You will change someones life forever.
Here is a smile for you :D because you are awesome, never let anyone convince you otherwise.
Jul 24, 2010 4:17 AM
Nov 2008
Nebuchadnezzar said:
Lets find an equivalent site, aight?

Found one.
Jul 24, 2010 4:52 AM

Jun 2010
If you don't have money to buy your manga, well, that's simple: Too damn bad for you, don't steal & download. Just because it's there for you on the internet and it's so easy and free doesn't make it right. If we didn't have this piracy crap the industry would be booming. Manga would be cheaper, more series would be translated and brought over from Japan. Anime DVDs would be cheaper and more series would be dubbed.

I really don't understand how certain people can call themselves "fans" when they don't support the manga and anime series. They don't support the creators and mangakas, the animators, the voice actors, the assistants, the producers, writers, the distributors. You want all these people putting in all this work into getting out a series for you to do it for FREE? Honestly, I really want to curse right now lol Get real; nothing's free in life. Life itself isn't free, that's why we all die in the end.

Okay, I know I got a little morbid at the end. xD woops
A N I M E & M A N G A videos:
http://youtube.com/theRAofEdwardElric

SUSTAIN THE ANIME INDUSTRY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIak-O1BwM
Jul 24, 2010 7:28 AM

May 2010
theRightArm said:
If you don't have money to buy your manga, well, that's simple: Too damn bad for you, don't steal & download. Just because it's there for you on the internet and it's so easy and free doesn't make it right. If we didn't have this piracy crap the industry would be booming. Manga would be cheaper, more series would be translated and brought over from Japan. Anime DVDs would be cheaper and more series would be dubbed.

I really don't understand how certain people can call themselves "fans" when they don't support the manga and anime series. They don't support the creators and mangakas, the animators, the voice actors, the assistants, the producers, writers, the distributors. You want all these people putting in all this work into getting out a series for you to do it for FREE? Honestly, I really want to curse right now lol Get real; nothing's free in life. Life itself isn't free, that's why we all die in the end.

Isn't it worse for the manga/anime companies to ban their own products? It's basically them saying " only wealthy brats can now enjoy our products" . 1>, that brings us back to the 18th century, when only these who had money could enjoy their lives. for the rest of the crowd it was just a dream. 2>, copywrite is just an aliby for huge companies. their main goal is to get as much dough as possible. 3>, what about people who live in the middle of nowhere? the most they can get from the modern world is internet, and no freaking amazon will deliver anything there. these people will not have anything left.

can you explain please how your "supporting fan" logic applies for example to ... lets say Picasso, or Leonardo da Vinci? I mean i'm in love with Picasso, and now i have to donate money to his funds? ( we was a multimillionare), or does it mean if i print Mona Lisa off my computer i have to pay someone and proudly declare myself a true fan?

oh, and btw, did you pay someone for your life xD? imo, death is just an end, not a payment.
hell0kitYJul 24, 2010 7:36 AM
Jul 24, 2010 10:55 AM

Jun 2010
hell0kitY said:
theRightArm said:

Isn't it worse for the manga/anime companies to ban their own products? It's basically them saying " only wealthy brats can now enjoy our products" . 1>, that brings us back to the 18th century, when only these who had money could enjoy their lives. for the rest of the crowd it was just a dream. 2>, copywrite is just an aliby for huge companies. their main goal is to get as much dough as possible. 3>, what about people who live in the middle of nowhere? the most they can get from the modern world is internet, and no freaking amazon will deliver anything there. these people will not have anything left.

can you explain please how your "supporting fan" logic applies for example to ... lets say Picasso, or Leonardo da Vinci? I mean i'm in love with Picasso, and now i have to donate money to his funds? ( we was a multimillionare), or does it mean if i print Mona Lisa off my computer i have to pay someone and proudly declare myself a true fan?

oh, and btw, did you pay someone for your life xD? imo, death is just an end, not a payment.

Manga is not for the "wealthy". lol It's a little expensive, but not THAT expensive. Yes, the companies want to make money, they want to profit, just like any other ompany out there. A lot of the world is just based off making money. Money, money, money. (It is the root of all evil) Entertainment isn't free. We have to pay to for manga and anime. Yeah, maybe all these companies and mangaka and animators want is money. But they work hard to provide the best product they can come up with. Still doesn't mean we should steal just because they're trying to make a living. As for the people who "live in the middle of nowhere". That doesn't really do much for me, since I don't know where you're talking about.

The "supporting fan" logic doesn't apply to art and artists. I'm talking about anime and manga, not twentieth century art. lol Those works of art are worth how many millions of dollars... ? We're talking about some $8-11 manga and $20-50 DVDs here. It's totaly
hell0kitY said:
theRightArm said:

Manga is not for the "wealthy" and companies do not intend it to be. Yes, these companies want to make money, just like any other company out there that doens't want to collapse. It's always been about money. Money, money, money. A big part of the world is all about freaking money. (It is the root of all evil) Entertainment isn't free. Companies need to make a profit, it's only logical. But that's why these mangaka and animators and everyone work hard to provide the best product they can so it can be worth the money. As for people who live "in the middle of nowhere". Well, that doesn't do much for me since I don't know where you're talking about.

The "supporting fan" logic doesn't apply to art & artists like that. lol I'm talking about manga here, not twentieth century art. How many millions of dollars are Picasso's paintings worth...? Yeah, we're just talking about $8-11 manga and $20-50 DVDs. Totally different things here. You're example is insubstantial. That's like saying if you printed out a picture of a manga cover and were obligated to pay for it. Of course you don't have to pay for it. You're not actually getting the product or the actual manga pages inside, just like you're not actually getting that Picasso painting.

I do like to think that death is the payment for living--it's an interesting concept, in my opinion. Doesn't that saying go, "Death is the cost of living." Yeah, I like that. ;-]

Jul 24, 2010 11:01 AM
Oct 2008
hell0kitY said:

How are they banning their own products? They aren't distributing in certain areas either because they can't afford to create a division overseas to sell it themselves or because no one in that country is willing to license anime/manga over there and don't feel it's a big enough market to make a profit off of.

Scanlations or RAW scans aren't helping them in any way. It's actually hurting them quite a bit, especially in Japan which is why they are removing it from these sites. It would be worse if they where banning something that people where actually buying but a good portion of those who read scans aren't buying anything or can't buy anything. While scanlations may be beneficial to those where manga isn't available, it hurts companies where manga IS available because those people are reading the scanlations instead of buying the manga now.

The Mona Lisa isn't a product being mass produced in order to be sold in hopes of making a profit. The reason people buy anime/manga is obviously to read and watch it but to also give money back to the author so they can make a profit and produce more anime/manga. If the author/anime company doesn't get back enough money after spending money make the product because it's being copied all over the internet illegally, then they don't make a profit and they lose money. Making it very hard for them to make more of the stuff you like to read/watch for free and we end up with what has been happening to Gonzo, manga authors stop making manga, or we see a drop in animation quality because they don't have the money to cover it.

Also, from my understanding, the Mona Lisa and Leonardo da Vince's works aren't even copyrighted :/
Jul 24, 2010 11:19 AM

Feb 2008
theRightArm said:
Get real; nothing's free in life. Life itself isn't free, that's why we all die in the end.
whoa thats deep man thats deep..
Jul 24, 2010 2:00 PM
Jun 2010
theRightArm said:

I completely disagree with your statement. For starters, One Manga is NOT a pirating site. Members of One Manga do not just "steal and download" This is evident since One Manga has ALWAYS respected the wishes of publishers and manga artists. One Manga immediately removes series when publishers tell them to and they even removed all of the scanlations the moment publishers told them to. Would a "pirating" site really do that?

One Manga has an excellent community who respect one another and support manga/anime. While the site offers free scanlated manga pages, One Manga's members donate to various scanlation sites and many of them still buy manga on a regular basis. I am actually quite offended when users, such as yourself, critisize One Manga for pirating when you have not even been on the site long enough to realize that this is not true.

One Manga hurts manga sales? The industry would be BOOMING if sites like One Manga shut down? What a joke, no one in the US even TALKED about manga/anime before sites like One Manga appeared. I'll give you a good example as well. Two years ago, Naruto volumes came out SUPER slowly in the US. Since then, volumes have been much more quickly. Why do you think this happened? Because sites like One Manga "hurt" business? Just take a look at the movie industry. Bootlegs are EVERYWHERE and the people downloading these bootlegs couldn't care less about the movie industry. But look, the movie industry is still high up in profit. We, at One Manga, actually care about creators, mangakas, etc. It enrages me that those who don't use One Manga assume they know everything about it and even have the nerve to group it in with "piracy and bootlegging" websites.

You say you want to curse right now? I want to go on a KILLING SPREE. All I want is for people to understand what One Manga stood for. It isn't a "piracy" site. And I can assure you, the anime/manga industry will not boom because sites such as One Manga are taken down.

Oh and one more thing, life IS free. You dont have to pay for oxygen. Water is found for free at water fountains and McDonald's. There are Food Banks all across the nation. Life is free, but Death is also free. You dont have to pay a price for death. And, some people believe that death is a part of life so, yeah.
Jul 24, 2010 3:09 PM

Jun 2010
cakeisthesauce said:
theRightArm said:

I completely disagree with your statement. For starters, One Manga is NOT a pirating site. Members of One Manga do not just "steal and download" This is evident since One Manga has ALWAYS respected the wishes of publishers and manga artists. One Manga immediately removes series when publishers tell them to and they even removed all of the scanlations the moment publishers told them to. Would a "pirating" site really do that?

One Manga has an excellent community who respect one another and support manga/anime. While the site offers free scanlated manga pages, One Manga's members donate to various scanlation sites and many of them still buy manga on a regular basis. I am actually quite offended when users, such as yourself, critisize One Manga for pirating when you have not even been on the site long enough to realize that this is not true.

One Manga hurts manga sales? The industry would be BOOMING if sites like One Manga shut down? What a joke, no one in the US even TALKED about manga/anime before sites like One Manga appeared. I'll give you a good example as well. Two years ago, Naruto volumes came out SUPER slowly in the US. Since then, volumes have been much more quickly. Why do you think this happened? Because sites like One Manga "hurt" business? Just take a look at the movie industry. Bootlegs are EVERYWHERE and the people downloading these bootlegs couldn't care less about the movie industry. But look, the movie industry is still high up in profit. We, at One Manga, actually care about creators, mangakas, etc. It enrages me that those who don't use One Manga assume they know everything about it and even have the nerve to group it in with "piracy and bootlegging" websites.

You say you want to curse right now? I want to go on a KILLING SPREE. All I want is for people to understand what One Manga stood for. It isn't a "piracy" site. And I can assure you, the anime/manga industry will not boom because sites such as One Manga are taken down.

Oh and one more thing, life IS free. You dont have to pay for oxygen. Water is found for free at water fountains and McDonald's. There are Food Banks all across the nation. Life is free, but Death is also free. You dont have to pay a price for death. And, some people believe that death is a part of life so, yeah.

lol I couldn't even read your entire post because you completely misinterpreted me. I wasn't in any way referring to One Manga. Did I even mention One Manga? No. I was referring to the various previous posts of people saying they were going to download scanalations from pirating site and that they keep doing it already. Also to people who posted things saying that they've never bought a single manga volume in their life. I wasn't talking about One Manga at all. You completely misconstrued my post.

I don't know much about One Manga (never been on it). But I don't have anything against sites that give back to the creators and help the industry.

Killing spree? Uhh.... ok. I wouldn't go that far...

The last bit was just a personal belief I guess.

Jul 24, 2010 3:17 PM
Apr 2010
one manga i will miss u been with you 4 so amny years reaading naruto etc i will miss you but i got other sites in my favs so not a big loss will miss you though

one love
youngmind xD

Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

lol MESSAGE but yea support the publishers
Jul 24, 2010 3:54 PM
Jun 2010
theRightArm said:
cakeisthesauce said:
theRightArm said:

lol I couldn't even read your entire post because you completely misinterpreted me. I wasn't in any way referring to One Manga. Did I even mention One Manga? No. I was referring to the various previous posts of people saying they were going to download scanalations from pirating site and that they keep doing it already. Also to people who posted things saying that they've never bought a single manga volume in their life. I wasn't talking about One Manga at all. You completely misconstrued my post.

I don't know much about One Manga (never been on it). But I don't have anything against sites that give back to the creators and help the industry.

Killing spree? Uhh.... ok. I wouldn't go that far...

The last bit was just a personal belief I guess.

Oh, well that case, you can disregard my post lol... i assumed you were talking about One Manga but this just goes to show that unless someone directly states it, don't assume. But to anyone out there who thinks One Manga is bad because it is a "pirating site" read my post.
Jul 24, 2010 4:52 PM
Apr 2010
What I don't get is why they are STILL uploading stuff if you intend to close down and take down everything within the next few days
If its over its over stop uploading stuff
Jul 24, 2010 6:56 PM
Jun 2010
hoppenscooter said:
What I don't get is why they are STILL uploading stuff if you intend to close down and take down everything within the next few days
If its over its over stop uploading stuff

what's wrong with uploading the last few scanlations for people to enjoy before they shut down? They are going to remove everything on monday so they figured everyone will have one weekend to read whatever they need to. If you personally dont like that they are still uploading, stop visiting the website
Jul 24, 2010 7:37 PM
Jul 2010
i'm not stopping them from uploading the newest chapters... i haven't been to another site to read manga since i was in computer programming class xD and i wish i could keep it that way...
my problem with this whole thing is that you can read books online... or for free at the library. So why aren't they removing their mangas from libraries?? i read all the mangas at the library before reading them online... my guess would be because that'd be retarded... just like how this is retarded. They're fighting the internet and its a complete waste of time because as soon as onemanga gets shut down there will be another site posting mangas to read... Its impossible to fight the internet.
Jul 24, 2010 7:41 PM
Jul 2010
i'd also like to add, while we're on the topic...
Jul 24, 2010 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
Alexyasha said:
i'm not stopping them from uploading the newest chapters... i haven't been to another site to read manga since i was in computer programming class xD and i wish i could keep it that way...
my problem with this whole thing is that you can read books online... or for free at the library. So why aren't they removing their mangas from libraries?? i read all the mangas at the library before reading them online... my guess would be because that'd be retarded... just like how this is retarded. They're fighting the internet and its a complete waste of time because as soon as onemanga gets shut down there will be another site posting mangas to read... Its impossible to fight the internet.

No duh it is impossible, no one can ever remove privacy because people make stupid justification to get products for free. But they have to do something, they can't just let this grow out of control.
Jul 24, 2010 8:13 PM
Oct 2008
Alexyasha said:

Libraries are legally able to lend out books, libraries aren't providing unauthorized copies of the books to read or providing unauthorized translations of the books. Libraries lend out the actual books that they've either purchased themselves or books that have been donated to them.

Online libraries typically provide books that are in the public domain or which I believe they have permission to distribute online.

You can't compare online readers like One Manga, or sites that redistribute manga to a library. Pretty much everything a library provides is legal.
Jul 24, 2010 10:30 PM
Jun 2007
Learn to use IRC instead of relying on shit sites like this if it's that big of a deal to you.
Jul 24, 2010 10:55 PM

Jan 2010
It may be just me, but o fuck, Mangafox just stopped working for me atm
Jul 24, 2010 11:03 PM

Aug 2007
Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

I love how you claim you are not trolling.

theRightArm said:

1) Copyright infringement is not stealing.

2) Are you fucking serious? Because of the recession lots of people buy less. It has nothing to do with piracy.
Jul 24, 2010 11:07 PM

Jan 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

theRightArm said:

2) Are you fucking serious? Because of the recession lots of people buy less. It has nothing to do with piracy.

Drunk Samurai is now Drunk God in my book.
Jul 25, 2010 8:43 AM

Jan 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

theRightArm said:

1) Yes it is.

2) You are correct and this is understandable. I don't expect everyone to buy everything hell I don't even care if people pirate their anime or manga. It's when people make no effort what so ever to save money and support the industry that provides them these services. I too have no money and still use fan-subs quiet a bit, but I do save money a little at a time so I can buy some things. Just came into possessions not to long ago of the first season of Higurashi.
Jul 25, 2010 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
only an idiot would buy overpriced and outdated things tbh.
Jul 25, 2010 12:22 PM
Oct 2008
Freeloader said:
only an idiot would buy overpriced and outdated things tbh.

Manga is outdated? Well that's new...
Jul 25, 2010 12:35 PM

Aug 2007
burntlettuce said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

theRightArm said:

1) Yes it is.

2) You are correct and this is understandable. I don't expect everyone to buy everything hell I don't even care if people pirate their anime or manga. It's when people make no effort what so ever to save money and support the industry that provides them these services. I too have no money and still use fan-subs quiet a bit, but I do save money a little at a time so I can buy some things. Just came into possessions not to long ago of the first season of Higurashi.

1) No it isn't. It is never stealing.

2) Please tell me you mean the R2 Higurashi. The dub was just terrible.
Jul 25, 2010 12:39 PM

Jun 2008
Check out what the HYPOCRITES at 2ch said about OneManga:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/25/2ch-on-one-manga-good-riddance-to-foreign-thieves/

These fucking idiots do the same stupid shit we do, they're just soooo Ethnocentric and Xenophobic that any non-Japanese person viewing their precious material is frowned upon.
Jul 25, 2010 3:08 PM

Nov 2007
alexcampos said:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/07/25/2ch-on-one-manga-good-riddance-to-foreign-thieves/

These fucking idiots do the same stupid shit we do, they're just soooo Ethnocentric and Xenophobic that any non-Japanese person viewing their precious material is frowned upon.

There are always people like that in all communities. The funniest thing about this though, is manga and anime raws are uploaded by Japanese people, yet they still accuse Westerners of stealing all their stuff when it is piracy in Japan that is the source.
Jul 25, 2010 5:33 PM

Jan 2010
I dont like this at all DX
Jul 25, 2010 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
Asako said:
alexcampos said:

There are always people like that in all communities. The funniest thing about this though, is manga and anime raws are uploaded by Japanese people, yet they still accuse Westerners of stealing all their stuff when it is piracy in Japan that is the source.

I keep hearing this irony time after time even back when Anime raws and subs for download were rare.

Jul 25, 2010 5:57 PM
Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

No, just not being a poor weaboo.
Jul 25, 2010 6:17 PM

Apr 2008
Until Daisuke Igarashi's works get high quality printed english translations I will have to resort to scanlations.

Maybe manga companies should provide what i want instead of shutting things down.
Jul 25, 2010 9:07 PM

Aug 2007
Onibokusu said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Onibokusu said:
Nebuchadnezzar said:

Found one.

No, just not being a poor weaboo.

Nope. You were trolling. They said an equivalent site to Onemanga. Amazon is not equivalent to it.
Jul 25, 2010 9:26 PM

Jan 2010
Sohei said:
Until Daisuke Igarashi's works get high quality printed english translations I will have to resort to scanlations.

Maybe manga companies should provide what i want instead of shutting things down.

+1 Love how before they think about catching up to animes/manga or distributing it, they think about destroy their possibly biggest and free source of advertisement they could ask for.
Jul 25, 2010 9:49 PM

Sep 2008
alexcampos said:

Am I the only one who think they have a point at here ?
especially for this.

“They wouldn’t buy even if it were cheap. Their anime is far cheaper than in Japan and they still won’t buy.”
Jul 25, 2010 9:59 PM

Aug 2007
"They get them even faster than the Japanese regions do. It’s too much…"

LMAO
Jul 25, 2010 10:04 PM
Oct 2008
fertygo said:
alexcampos said:

especially for this.

“They wouldn’t buy even if it were cheap. Their anime is far cheaper than in Japan and they still won’t buy.”

No, I agree. Maybe not fully about the manga comments but definitely about the anime. In NA anime is most certainly cheaper than what Japan has to pay for anime. We get more episodes for less then what they have to pay or for the same price they have to pay which is kind of why I don't understand anyone in NA complaining about anime being overpriced or about having to buy anime in general. Especially since the prices aren't much different than most 30min TV series on DVD/Blu-Ray with the exception of the half-season sets (which you could wait to buy in full for the same price as one of them).

If it's cheap, it's about the dub (even though no is forced to watch it), it's about the subtitles not being as pretty as the fansubs, it's about the translations not being like the fansubs translations even though they themselves aren't 100% perfect. There's always some reason not to purchase anime :/
Jul 25, 2010 10:28 PM

Sep 2008
CapellaStar said:
fertygo said:
alexcampos said:

especially for this.

No, I agree. Maybe not fully about the manga comments but definitely about the anime. In NA anime is most certainly cheaper than what Japan has to pay for anime. We get more episodes for less then what they have to pay or for the same price they have to pay which is kind of why I don't understand anyone in NA complaining about anime being overpriced or about having to buy anime in general. Especially since the prices aren't much different than most 30min TV series on DVD/Blu-Ray with the exception of the half-season sets (which you could wait to buy in full for the same price as one of them).

If it's cheap, it's about the dub (even though no is forced to watch it), it's about the subtitles not being as pretty as the fansubs, it's about the translations not being like the fansubs translations even though they themselves aren't 100% perfect. There's always some reason not to purchase anime :/

Exactly my thought... people always have a reason to not buy but always butthurt if they can't enjoy something what they wants.
And about manga comment some of them have a point, who are not mad when outsider even can enjoy something that even not released on their bookstore ?
And Billion views per-month is already too much...

Site like OneManga is too offensive for them, and I'd understand that... I'm miss old moment when I'd chat in some scanlation group IRC channel and everybody rejoice when their heard the news about some title gonna licensed to their country, and very hyped to buy them. Not say something like "Meh" or "fuck that" everytime heard news about new licensed title even if that means that title gonna available in their region.
fertygoJul 25, 2010 10:39 PM
Jul 25, 2010 10:57 PM

Jun 2010
I just dont have enough money to buy all the manga i want, it cost as much as a regular size book yet it only takes an hour or so too read 1 vol. Its sad onemanga shutting down but theres still tons of sites. And if im just looking for a specific manga i just go to google and type in " Read [Name of Manga] Online, you can usually find a bunch of sites that will still be running.
Jul 26, 2010 5:23 AM

Jun 2008
fertygo said:

especially for this.

Well, they're the fucking psychotic, overly fanatical, idiots who spend $70 for a DVD that has 2 episodes.

MY GOD, it's bad enough those guys are VERY CREEPY and make normal anime fans look bad, but it's hilarious that they think that we want to buy crappy DUB anime when we could easily download subs for free.

I don't want to hear their BULLSHIT, they are hypocrites and worse of all they're Xenophobic, for anyone that doesn't know this about Japan, you gotta start reading up on their obsessive "WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU" attitude they have against anyone who is NOT Japanese.

Remember they do the SAME things we do, they download anime episodes and they read scanlations, the only exception is that they actually spend EVERY YEN they earn on their addiction.

OneManga WAS a good place, many people who read their favorite manga there would later purchase the volumes when they were released, that includes myself.

Sure there was abuse by the site and by the majority of the people who read manga there, BUT if even one person bought manga as result of reading there, that's already effective.
Jul 26, 2010 7:22 AM
Oct 2008
alexcampos said:
fertygo said:

especially for this.

Well, they're the fucking psychotic, overly fanatical, idiots who spend $70 for a DVD that has 2 episodes.

MY GOD, it's bad enough those guys are VERY CREEPY and make normal anime fans look bad, but it's hilarious that they think that we want to buy crappy DUB anime when we could easily download subs for free.

And this is what I mean and this what they mean. Seriously, I don't even get how it's hilarious or some how it's ridiculous that anyone buy anime with a dub on it especially when you don't even have to watch it when there is the original Japanese track with subs on there. If it bugs anyone that much, they now even have sub only releases.

I don't get it, I mean do you not buy other movies and TV shows just because they include a Spanish or French dub? You'll purchase manga but with anime it's laughable to purchase it because subs are available for free even though the same is true for scanlations?

Some of them maybe hypocritical, xenophobic, I don't know, but that one commenter has a point and sadly a point that rings very true particularly among US anime fans :/
Jul 26, 2010 8:29 AM

Jun 2008
CapellaStar said:

And this is what I mean and this what they mean. Seriously, I don't even get how it's hilarious or some how it's ridiculous that anyone buy anime with a dub on it especially when you don't even have to watch it when there is the original Japanese track with subs on there. If it bugs anyone that much, they now even have sub only releases.

I don't get it, I mean do you not buy other movies and TV shows just because they include a Spanish or French dub? You'll purchase manga but with anime it's laughable to purchase it because subs are available for free even though the same is true for scanlations?

Some of them maybe hypocritical, xenophobic, I don't know, but that one commenter has a point and sadly a point that rings very true particularly among US anime fans :/

OK, you probably have some sort of mp3 or music player, can you HONESTLY tell me that EVERY SINGLE song in there was bought and downloaded legally???

Can you tell me that you've bought the vast majority of anime you've seen on DVD???

I'll be honest: I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER BUY AN ANIME DVD , as long as I can download it for free there is absolutely no need.

I'll also be honest about regular movies, aside from going to the theaters, I DON'T BUY DVDs, every movie I see is either through TV, theaters, or download.

Manga is different it's not as enjoyable reading manga from a screen as it is when you're holding it in your hands.
Jul 26, 2010 9:28 AM
Oct 2008
alexcampos said:
CapellaStar said:

OK, you probably have some sort of mp3 or music player, can you HONESTLY tell me that EVERY SINGLE song in there was bought and downloaded legally???

Can you tell me that you've bought the vast majority of anime you've seen on DVD???

I'll be honest: I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER BUY AN ANIME DVD , as long as I can download it for free there is absolutely no need.

I'll also be honest about regular movies, aside from going to the theaters, I DON'T BUY DVDs, every movie I see is either through TV, theaters, or download.

Manga is different it's not as enjoyable reading manga from a screen as it is when you're holding it in your hands.

Yes I do own an mp3 player and yes 100% of the songs on there aren't legally downloaded but I can say 85%-90% of them are. The songs that I own that aren't legally downloaded aren't because I refuse to pay for it, it's because I couldn't find it legally at the time without buying the whole CD.

It's impossible to own DVDs for all of the anime I've seen considering some of them aren't even licensed or have yet to be released. Also, some of the series are out of print so while I would love to get a hold of them, I can't. However, out of the series that are available in the US, yes I do own majority of them on DVD. Some of them not in their complete collections but I've purchased them.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I don't think I've ever said I'm perfect or that I don't download anything, particularly since on my animelist I have it stated how I watched majority of the series I've watched. I do, however, try to buy what I've watched particularly if I really enjoyed it and sometimes I even blind buy the first part of a series if I've heard enough good things about it.

I'm not criticizing anyone for not owning every single thing they watch or listen to. I'm saying that in the US, anime is cheaper and more available, anime fans in the US for some reason or another refuse to buy anime no matter how much cheaper it gets. Even when companies cater directly to them by releasing sub only titles for a lower price or by doing what they've asked by making anime free and getting it out faster for them through simulcasting. There's always something to complain about.
Jul 26, 2010 9:47 AM

Sep 2008
alexcampos said:
CapellaStar said:

So your point is ?

IF we all don't buy all of our ANIMANGA, we are same like some people who haven't buy anything and still bithching ?
Nice logic bro...

Let me tell you, I'm not that rich to buy all anime DVD''s that I watch or all manga I want to read... BUT I would not bitch like half of you did when funi license some title like half of you did, or whining about capitalism when manga publisher want close site like OM... Because that not my right from the start. If I'm are broke just shut up then and gain some money instead. And that my problem with most of OM visitor... they always bitching and justifying about the title not available in their region or the price is too expensive blablablah, and even some title already available in their region they're bitching about the price, want a harsh comment ?
IF you not have money and can't read japanese to import them if their not available in your region then you have no right to read from the beginning. nuff said.

Of course that too harsh, but that a truth.

Seriously we can't hope everyone buy legal stuff, but at least please don't be a bitch and pretending have any right when site like OM sued by publisher but on the other hand that guy who bitching hasn't try to buy anything.

I'd miss healthy mentality from scanlation reader like from some moment ago, when they made a friend with scanlator and other reader, rejoice when the title come to some reader region... now moment like that is RARE.
Jul 26, 2010 9:50 AM

Jun 2008
CapellaStar said:
fertygo said:
alexcampos said:

especially for this.

Maybe because the Japanese have the chance to watch it on TV already. And in NA, the amount of selections on TV is definitely nowhere near as varied as Japan (since they did make the thing afterall), and many, doesn't even appear at all in stores unless you go shop online on amazon or something. Why would NA be expected to buy DVDs just because it's cheaper?

Ironically enough, fansubs are essentially one of the popular ways for us to preview. But fansubs are files in which once you've saved, there's no incentive to delete it (as in, it acts both like a TV show would introduce us to the show and see if we should rewatch the episodes, and a DVD version in case we do want to rewatch). Whereas on a TV show, the quality is worse even if you record it, and the incentive to buy DVDs is more. It's funny, do the Japanese even think about buying DVDs "to support the industry" (I know you or anyone else haven't said this, but I noticed this was on a lot of people's mind apparently about why we should buy, or something), or just to buy DVDs so they have better quality to rewatch the series instead of recorded TV, or other reasons that really have no relationship with "supporting the industry"? Like why we normally buy DVDs of movies, and our TV series?

So the real question is, if the Japanese were put in our situation, for let's say, NA TV series or European TV series that doesn't air in Japan, and the only way to get it was on the Internet, where you had to save the file in order to watch it, would they delete, knowing full well the quality is pretty much the same as the DVD versions, just to "support the industry"? I'm curious.
TachiiJul 26, 2010 10:05 AM
Jul 26, 2010 10:14 AM
Oct 2008
Tachii said:
CapellaStar said:
fertygo said:
alexcampos said:

especially for this.

Maybe because the Japanese have the chance to watch it on TV already. And in NA, the amount of selections on TV is definitely nowhere near as varied as Japan (since they did make the thing afterall), and many, doesn't even appear at all in stores unless you go shop online on amazon or something. Why would NA be expected to buy DVDs just because it's cheaper?

The US at least now has streaming to compensate for the fact that anime doesn't get aired on TV as much ( I know it's not the same for Canada or Mexico in many cases). Like I mentioned before, for the past few years several anime series have been made available to watch for free whether they be licensed or not. There have been several simulcast deals made so that anime fans can at least watch series at the same time Japan is getting it. A good portion of this season's anime has been licensed and is currently streaming on either Crunchyroll, Anime Netweork, Funimation, etc. Fansubs are no longer the only option to watch anime if it isn't on TV in the US.

I know Funimation has made the effort to put up streaming for a lot of the licenses and after they've licensed a series have put up the episodes before the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

Again, what I'm saying is that anime fans in the US complain all of the time about anime in the US being expensive when comparing the price of a full season boxset to a season of a non-anime series like Avatar, Justice League, or Community the price difference isn't that huge particularly if you can find it on sale which isn't hard.
Jul 26, 2010 10:22 AM

Jan 2008
Publishers allowed sites like OM to run free so they could establish a larger customer base,especially outside of japan and now that they've got more people introduced to anime/manga via sites like OM,they're gonna cut those sources off so those addicted will have no choice but to buy.;)
Jul 26, 2010 11:24 AM

Jun 2008
CapellaStar said:
Again, what I'm saying is that anime fans in the US complain all of the time about anime in the US being expensive when comparing the price of a full season boxset to a season of a non-anime series like Avatar, Justice League, or Community the price difference isn't that huge particularly if you can find it on sale which isn't hard.
Can't disagree with that, I guess. I do see a lot of people reasoning that it's too expensive for them. Though it somewhat goes back to what I said before. If they had fansubs first, what incentive do they have to buy DVDs? The only reasonable answer is to "support the industry". Costs shouldn't really matter, if there was enough of an incentive. In this case (for those who did use fansubs), those who complain about cost either can't think of a proper reason, or just don't have money at all and the cost, whatever it is, is irrelevant. They'd say it's expensive as long as it couldn't fit under their budget, instead comparing relative prices to Japanese sales or non-anime series (they're the people who'd probably call them expensive, too).

I guess another question arises. Who exactly are the type of people who are calling it too expensive? People who aren't old enough to have a decent job or have a decent job in the first place? People who used fansubs and couldn't get around streaming? People whose parents will always say no to buying stuff they don't want their kids to waste money on? People who are stupid and couldn't explain in any other way than to say it's expensive? It's difficult to say. Probably a mix of all.

Saying it was expensive is probably the easiest explanation. Less words and probably less embarrassing, than say for example, my parents do not allow me to buy anime DVDs at all. They think it's a waste of time, and I don't have a job, so I can't get any. So yeah, I suck.
TachiiJul 26, 2010 11:37 AM
Jul 26, 2010 11:35 AM

Aug 2007
CapellaStar said:

Yes I do own an mp3 player and yes 100% of the songs on there aren't legally downloaded but I can say 85%-90% of them are. The songs that I own that aren't legally downloaded aren't because I refuse to pay for it, it's because I couldn't find it legally at the time without buying the whole CD.

It's impossible to own DVDs for all of the anime I've seen considering some of them aren't even licensed or have yet to be released. Also, some of the series are out of print so while I would love to get a hold of them, I can't. However, out of the series that are available in the US, yes I do own majority of them on DVD. Some of them not in their complete collections but I've purchased them.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I don't think I've ever said I'm perfect or that I don't download anything, particularly since on my animelist I have it stated how I watched majority of the series I've watched.I do, however, try to buy what I've watched particularly if I really enjoyed it and sometimes I even blind buy the first part of a series if I've heard enough good things about it.

I'm not criticizing anyone for not owning every single thing they watch or listen to. I'm saying that in the US, anime is cheaper and more available, anime fans in the US for some reason or another refuse to buy anime no matter how much cheaper it gets. Even when companies cater directly to them by releasing sub only titles for a lower price or by doing what they've asked by making anime free and getting it out faster for them through simulcasting. There's always something to complain about.

I bolded every part I'm responding too.

1) I certainly hope so. :P

2) That is quite asinine. Why would anybody want sub only releases? I mean sure dubs are usually bad but come on. Dual audio is always better.

3) Yeah. Good luck watching them in any country that isn't the U.S. and Canada.

bk-201 said:
Publishers allowed sites like OM to run free so they could establish a larger customer base,especially outside of japan and now that they've got more people introduced to anime/manga via sites like OM,they're gonna cut those sources off so those addicted will have no choice but to buy.;)

They should have shut it down much much sooner if they wanted people to purchase stuff. They screwed themselves over.

Looks like Zabi left a final message.

"There is an end to everything, to good things as well."

It pains me to announce that this is the last week of manga reading on One Manga (!!). Manga publishers have recently changed their stance on manga scanlations and made it clear that they no longer approve of it. We have decided to abide by their wishes, and remove all manga content (regardless of licensing status) from the site. The removal of content will happen gradually (so you can at least finish some of the outstanding reading you have), but we expect all content to be gone by early next week (RIP OM July 2010).

So what next? We're not really sure at this point, but we have some ideas we would like to try out. Until then, the One Manga forums will remain active and we encourage all of you to continue using them. OMF has developed into a great community and it would be a shame to see that disappear.

You can also show us some love in this moment of sadness by 'liking' our brand new Facebook page. It would be nice to see just how many of you came to enjoy our 'better than peanut butter and jelly' invention.

Regardless of whether you stay with us or not, on behalf of the One Manga team, I would like to thank you all for your unwavering support over the years. Through the ups and downs you have stuck with us, and that is what kept us going.

As a certain Porky was fond of saying... That's all folks!

Time for me to go lay down and let this all sink in.

- Zabi
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.