Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 12, 2010 2:47 AM
May 2009
Final Getsuga Tenshou? WTF is this?!?!
Jun 12, 2010 4:03 AM

Jun 2007
Panaru said:
punkster90 said:
Bleh, they took a page out of DBZ. Oh Kubo I expected more from you. Hopefully Kubo uses this small arc to give us a background on Isshin. Still, I kinda feel bad for Kubo and Kishi they couldn't compete with Arakawa's ending FMA. Well, kinda...

None of the current "big" shounen manga were ever competition for Fullmetal Alchemist. Mainly because Arakawa had a firm grasp of where she wanted the plot to go from start to finish. I'd be ecstatic and count myself extremely lucky if I saw even one more long shounen manga have plot development as great as Fullmetal Alchemist's in my lifetime.

Well.... One Piece. It's a case of the author knowing exactly where he wants his story to go, has most of the stuff planned out, and genuinely has fun writing it. He's constantly bringing up stuff introduced in past chapters. I mean there is a reason it's one of the if not the best selling manga ever in Japan.
Jun 12, 2010 8:33 AM

Feb 2010
mulderman said:
Panaru said:
punkster90 said:
Bleh, they took a page out of DBZ. Oh Kubo I expected more from you. Hopefully Kubo uses this small arc to give us a background on Isshin. Still, I kinda feel bad for Kubo and Kishi they couldn't compete with Arakawa's ending FMA. Well, kinda...

None of the current "big" shounen manga were ever competition for Fullmetal Alchemist. Mainly because Arakawa had a firm grasp of where she wanted the plot to go from start to finish. I'd be ecstatic and count myself extremely lucky if I saw even one more long shounen manga have plot development as great as Fullmetal Alchemist's in my lifetime.

Well.... One Piece. It's a case of the author knowing exactly where he wants his story to go, has most of the stuff planned out, and genuinely has fun writing it. He's constantly bringing up stuff introduced in past chapters. I mean there is a reason it's one of the if not the best selling manga ever in Japan.

What he meant was FMA ended at the right time, One piece has been going for over 12 years now, and what do you know its going for another 10 years, its getting really draggy now, that goes for all of the big 3, THEY NEED TO END!!
Jun 12, 2010 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
Fettal said:

What he meant was FMA ended at the right time, One piece has been going for over 12 years now, and what do you know its going for another 10 years, its getting really draggy now, that goes for all of the big 3, THEY NEED TO END!!

LOL, because FMA is not in the 'shounen' area..

and do you know OP storyline ? its impossible to end it now.. its just way too huge..
and its not draggy... the 'world' is just very big and it cant just end it now..
Jun 12, 2010 10:30 AM

Feb 2010
smokes said:
Fettal said:

LOL, because FMA is not in the 'shounen' area..

and do you know OP storyline ? its impossible to end it now.. its just way too huge..
and its not draggy... the 'world' is just very big and it cant just end it now..

and thats why its so draggy, Oda keeps pulling characters out of nowhere, like Sabo, the more characters he makes, the longer the series will go on.

Im not bagging on One Piece, its a good series, but eventually you'll need to move on from it. ending or not.
Jun 12, 2010 11:14 AM

Apr 2009
^what are you talking about ? Sabo was in his mind from the beginning ( the crossed S on Ace tattoo)

correction - the more characters - the better.
OP has the biggest world/storyline on any shounen manga.. thats why its long
Jun 12, 2010 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
Please don't ever compare FMA to Bleach or Naruto. It would be like comparing Martin to Rowling because they're both fantasy works.

Anyway I laughed pretty hard with this extremely well placed convenient time chamber. It would be like a guy fighting a werewolf and just when he's about to be pwned, finds a gun loaded with silver bullets just randomly laying on the floor.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jun 12, 2010 1:56 PM

Sep 2009
Seriously? A fuckin' time-chamber just before confrontation with the main villain? <sigh> Then -of course - the "FINAL" attack, which Isshin conveniently knows about and just forgot to use it against Aizen himself. Yeah, right. I wonder what would the response from Bleach fan-base be if "someone" decided to demolish Aizen behind the scenes and only show Ichigo over his downed form afterwards, like they did with Yoruichi and Urahara.
Jun 12, 2010 2:46 PM

Apr 2009
Thought it was awesome, ill have to read it when Im sober to see if it was actually good lol
Jun 12, 2010 7:51 PM

Oct 2009
LOL final getsuga tenshou.
Jun 13, 2010 5:40 AM

Nov 2009
...Is this a topic on shounen manga (in general)?...
All i will say about the argument is that i currently don't enjoy what is happening but the chapters are so short it doesn't matter. There is also the possibility that we'll get a good chapter, and that the story will pick up.
Plus i get kicks out of the reactions here. ^.^
Just give me my shounen power jump already!
Jun 13, 2010 5:46 AM

Jul 2008
Understanding the story is one thing, understanding it and saying it's brilliant is another.
But either way, if Tite brings out some plot and a backstory (which he can't really skimp out on now, seeing as he's thrown us a time chamber and daddy and son together), bleach will be saved for a few weeks until the final showdown (just like tbp did for us)

The reason shounen like FMA trounce shounen like bleach is because it focuses more on plot, and not super random techniques that appear out of nowhere, though after reading through some battle manga I continue to realise that you can't take it seriously, if you do, you can't enjoy it : o
But saying that, OP has a greater plot, more background and has been more enjoyable for me than bleach since the end of it's little skuffle.
Jun 13, 2010 7:27 AM

Nov 2008
BakaKawaii said:
But either way, if Tite brings out some plot and a backstory (which he can't really skimp out on now, seeing as he's thrown us a time chamber and daddy and son together), bleach will be saved for a few weeks until the final showdown (just like tbp did for us)

It may also lead to some setting development. We might learn more about zanpakuto and hybrids and such. That's the part I'm looking forward to most. And Ichigo (at least temporarily) recovering his balls.

helur said:
...Is this a topic on shounen manga (in general)?...

Better than 100 people popping up to individually drop the same comments, then leaving without talking to anyone. A lot of discussion threads have no discussion whatsoever.
Jun 13, 2010 10:32 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah, Isshin seems to know a lot, and now with Aizen like Ichi and Ichi knowing then I'm hoping we'll get somewhere, but saying that, Isshin stopped Aizen from spilling the beans to Ichi, so I'm guessing he'll reveal the bare essentials and leave the rest for the end :/
Jun 13, 2010 1:53 PM
Nov 2008
Final battle:

- Ichigo: Getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou getsuga tenshou

- Aizen: U can't hurt me I'm invincible hahahaha (insert 10 chapter of Aizen beating the crap out of Ichigo)

Ichigo (Half-dead): Ultimate getsuga tenshou (In H3 form)

- Aizen: No fair I should be invincible! (dies)

I mean, c'mon at least teach him some kickass new skill or kido.
Jun 13, 2010 6:22 PM
Nov 2008
At least something interesting...but predicteable.
Jun 13, 2010 7:54 PM

Mar 2009
Figures it would be Keigo who'd wake up at the wrong time.
And Gin may be splitting from Aizen pretty soon.
Other than that, meh.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jun 14, 2010 5:38 AM

Oct 2009
i hope we get to see Kon soon. Bleach has lost all the humor it had :(
Jun 14, 2010 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
Yuri-Hime said:
Kingwel said:
Final Getsuga Tenshou? MY ASS!

Yea....
Jun 14, 2010 11:20 PM

Oct 2008
So now even the father is gonna power up? >.>
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 15, 2010 5:58 AM

Apr 2008
Yuri-Hime said:
Kingwel said:
Final Getsuga Tenshou? MY ASS!
Jun 15, 2010 10:58 AM

Jun 2010
It would be fun to see ichigo use kidou, and i think the results would be much much much bigger, considering ichigos huge reiatsu ;>
"bakudou no san-ju-san: Shakkahou!" XD

i've also been thinking, when ichigo dies, will rukia come and say "ok, the soul burial is Blah Blah Blah... " and ichigo is like " don't give me that shit rukia, just open the friggin' senkai gate" :)
Jun 15, 2010 11:36 AM

Jul 2008
Naw I don't see him ever using kido, he's not the type.
Like Renji he'd be pretty useless at it, though saying that, his GT is kidou / cero like, so it's possible somehow, but even him learning kido, he wouldn't be able to learn anything great enough to even phase Aizen, look at Kisuke's stream of kido.
Jun 15, 2010 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
I'm just happy we're finally getting a change of scenery.

Oh wait, my bad, it'll still be white empty backgrounds.

Ugh, seriously I'm rarely this negative towards a series since I'm usually quite forgiving, but I really hate the way this series has been handled over the past year or so. However, I still plan to stick with it in a tiny shred of hope that somehow it'll redeem itself. Yeah, I know, I'm being overly optimistic at this point. D:
Jun 15, 2010 5:04 PM

Nov 2008
GrindPantera said:
i've also been thinking, when ichigo dies, will rukia come and say "ok, the soul burial is Blah Blah Blah... " and ichigo is like " don't give me that shit rukia, just open the friggin' senkai gate" :)

He can just get a gigai. He's not going anywhere unless it's voluntary. And soul burial most likely doesn't work on shinigami anyway, so of course he'll need to use a senkai gate.
Nyuu3Jun 15, 2010 5:12 PM
Jun 15, 2010 10:32 PM

May 2010
knows its not canon and all, but next issue Aizen vs karakura delicate X'D j/k
Jun 17, 2010 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
Gin is weird around Aizen. He's either scared or planning something, and I don't really believe otherwise.
Wow, that tired look on Ichigo's face...well, you can say it's understandable >.>
...Final Getsuga Tensho. Oh, alright. I should have expected another power-up xD But here's a question: if it's worth teaching, it must be because it's powerful enough to endanger Aizen. Then why didn't Isshin use it on him in the first place? x__X Maybe he can't use it, but then how is he going to teach something he can't use? o.o TOOMANYQUESTIONS
Oh wait, it's Bleach. I shouldn't care.
CenedessJun 17, 2010 1:15 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 17, 2010 5:08 PM

May 2010
Cenedess said:
Gin is weird around Aizen. He's either scared or planning something, and I don't really believe otherwise.
Wow, that tired look on Ichigo's face...well, you can say it's understandable >.>
...Final Getsuga Tensho. Oh, alright. I should have expected another power-up xD But here's a question: if it's worth teaching, it must be because it's powerful enough to endanger Aizen. Then why didn't Isshin use it on him in the first place? x__X Maybe he can't use it, but then how is he going to teach something he can't use? o.o TOOMANYQUESTIONS

maybe Isshen thinks its gonna take both of them doing a dual final getsuga Tensho to stop Aizen?
Jun 18, 2010 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
Werewolfhero said:
Cenedess said:

maybe Isshen thinks its gonna take both of them doing a dual final getsuga Tensho to stop Aizen?

That would actually make sense. -thumbs up-
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 7, 2017 7:20 AM

Feb 2013
Final Getsuga Tenshou!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

84 by Ramenus »»
Sep 19, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 15 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 4, 2009

8 by Datrunix »»
Sep 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 423 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jinjos - Oct 6, 2010

217 by Ramenus »»
Aug 24, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 364 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

direbliss - Jul 1, 2009

157 by Ramenus »»
Aug 23, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 675 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

63 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Aug 15, 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.