Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 12, 10:02 AM
Aug 2021
Already can't wait for the next episode to be released!
Oct 12, 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
I'm still confused about what was skipped from the source as I watch the three human friends of Ichigo having a moment in this episode. 🤔

I'm having second thoughts about watching this per week, as I want to binge it instead of waiting... ugh... 😖😖😖
I may have forgotten all about it from the original anime.
CrazyButNot4UOct 12, 10:09 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 12, 10:29 AM
Apr 2023
Amazing🔥🔥
Oct 12, 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
Great anime original/extended fight, the anime is once again doing wonders for this part of the manga.

Nothing more to comment besides that, 8/10 episode (liked last week more because of Yhwach's godly stair walk and Almighty/Antithesis shenanigans).

Next episode is Ukitake's crowning moment in the manga (really good poem by him at the end of the episode BTW) and the week after that is "Return of the God" (that episode is gonna be insane if adapted correctly), can't wait for any of those.

GoldenSaltPillarOct 12, 10:36 AM
Oct 12, 10:35 AM
Feb 2023
I will keep saying this: perfect adaptation that improves on source material in everyway.

No negatives at all. Pacing perfect, VA perfect, OST perfect, animation phenomenal. Bleach really showed people, who said “it shouldn’t be one of big 3”, that it deserves its place and more.

Hyped to what happens next
Oct 12, 10:36 AM
Dec 2023
waiting for ichigo's new bankai but the fight for at the epic level ngl
Oct 12, 10:36 AM
May 2024
its Peak :) Yhwach foresaw this
Oct 12, 10:43 AM
Apr 2022
There's a lot that I could say about this episode. But fck me that episode was absolutely gorgeous.
Oct 12, 10:55 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Softhenic03
Yeah, back in the day there was someone who has everything planned and things do used to happen in a way he has planned, and now, there is someone who doesn’t have to plan anything because he has already seen and knows everything… bad guys in Bleach and their powers lol. Though yeah, the soul king just passing away like that was really something. Nothing Ichigo could’ve done about… but yeah, you know that second round between him and Yhwach was just pure cinema.

When they were talking about adding additional scenes for the Ichigo and Yhwach’s fight, they were dead serious. Will have to go back and check in the manga still, but yeah, the barrage of Getsuga-Tenshou kind of actually overpowering Yhwach was a great way for Ichigo to give Yhwach back for all that disrespect they did to him when they came to raid Soul society. Though man, there’s only so much that can be done against an OP villain… Ichigo dealing the decisive blow to Soul king was really the last nail in the coffin. Dude’s not gonna recover from that:( Great episode again, btw.
@Softhenic03 That's what I like about Aizen. Aizen didn't plan out everything perfectly fine. When things don't go his way, he always look at the bright side and immediately adapts to it(like how Ichigo's creation wasn't planned ahead of time)
Oct 12, 10:56 AM
Dec 2022
the best episode so fart
Oct 12, 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
The episode was crazy good again. PEAK
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 11:00 AM
Mar 2017
This episode was soooo good
Oct 12, 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
Isshin appearance!!

The fight was superb all around, sakuga animation went hard. and now we know Soul King's name
Oct 12, 11:13 AM
Aug 2011
The episode was amazing, aditional content, thnks kubo and studio pierrot film
Oct 12, 11:14 AM

Nov 2020
Yhwach is playing Aizen? Everything is suddenly part of his plan xD
The ep was OK but honestly this fight didn't make much of an impression on me, there wasn't any really cool animation sequence...meh
It's funny how Chad and that other useless guy are just standing there doing nothing, why are they even there?
3/5
Ba-Cii10Oct 12, 11:33 AM
Oct 12, 11:15 AM
Oct 2022
ANIME OF THE YEAR. JUST THIS.
Oct 12, 11:17 AM
Aug 2016
Quick question. What did Ichibei mean when he said "That is what peace is all about." ?

Why do I get a bad feeling that blud is trying to use Ichigo as a sacrificial pawn and make him the next 'puppet' aka Soul King? 💀
Oct 12, 11:27 AM
May 2024
ep was fire but it kinda felt like nothing happend, last season animation was kinda better, the fight was really good and music was perfect as always
Oct 12, 11:47 AM
Jul 2024
NGL i found it kinda funny how cocky Ichigo was during the start of the fight "its over, Yhwach" i was like, dude theres no way you think like that after Squad Zero got defeated
Oct 12, 11:51 AM
Jul 2014
Orihime being the useless hoe as she always is not instantly restoring the soul king?

Did she also forget her powers return stuff to a previous state? she could even get rid of the quincy influence on Ichigo that way...

Rukia still best girl orishit being useless as always
Oct 12, 11:56 AM
Aug 2024
peak fiction episode
Oct 12, 12:00 PM
Jul 2023
Another masterpiece episode,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Oct 12, 12:20 PM
May 2023
dragoncapsule505 said:
Orihime being the useless hoe as she always is not instantly restoring the soul king?

Did she also forget her powers return stuff to a previous state? she could even get rid of the quincy influence on Ichigo that way...

Is this rage bait? The Soul King is unable to get restored or affected by anything other than it’s limbs.
Oct 12, 12:43 PM
Oct 2017
good episode liked it
Oct 12, 12:43 PM

Jul 2019
What I really love in BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War anime (apart from cool fights and moments) is when it gets all philosophical. It really felt like this episode was a good mixture of philosophical questions, a cool fight(s), and a rollercoaster of emotions. All those combined made this episode extremely good and I'm already waiting for the next episode with a little fear in my heart because manga-reader here. Not to mention the end's monologue from Ukitake...those who know about that pic of Ukitake and the implications of the next episode's name, will know what I mean -especially if they are fans of Ukitake!

Anyway, as for the actual episode...the beginning of Yhwach and Soul King felt very symbolic. Like, I'm not sure if I was reading a tad bit too much into it, but was that reference to Western religions? I know some Japanese mangakas like to take their inspiration from Western religions because while to us (at least to non-Asian ones) all Asian religions feel super exotic, I wonder if it's the same to them toward Western ones? Because I could see some echoes about that when Soul King all but did cast his son from Heaven (?) to Earth (?) to us normal people (?). It personally made me think that normal (?) people who didn't appreciate Yhwach and his people (because at this point there will be Yhwach and his people versus the rest of the people) damned them all. Everything hints at it and even Urahara outright admits it in this episode how Quichies were on the brink of extinction not once, but twice. Now, doesn't that sound familiar to at least some people? But what if...the son of the "God" had got enough? With the curve ball of his Father being used in the most brutal manner? Because we must admit at the beginning when Soul King cast Yhwach down from Heaven (?) he still had seemingly his all limbs, but now...he was just a torso in a huge, sealed crystal. Is that truly living? So, the fact Yhwach wants to kill his Father...isn't that in a way wanting to rescue him? Is he truly a bad guy? It's hard to write because it's obvious if there isn't Soul King it means everything will crumble. But it then raises the question: who decided on such a world order where you need that one godly being to hold it all together? (I know hints and bits of light novels after the manga, so I have some sort of picture about this, but not fully.)

I couldn't help but wonder when Yhwach boasted about wanting to create a new world, what kind of world it would be? Again, I know somewhat about it, thanks to the manga, but it was basically one sentence. It didn't really give us anything. Like, come on Yhwach. Give us a pitch of your new world! What it would have? How it would run? Give us some details, because otherwise, he will appear as the 'bad guy'. After all, if one could create a utopia to replace the current bad systems, wouldn't that be wonderful? But, if one won't give enough details about said 'utopia', will it truly be that utopia or even a better world? Because if it's just wiping the old away just because one (in this case Yhwach) didn't like it, but it'll just be as bad as the old one(s), what's the point? You'll just appear as a selfish person to the majority of the people who are a bit cray-cray. Or maybe an unfortunate victim who had to be sacrificed for the majority. After all, unlike in certain American movies where it's 'fine' to kill thousands or even millions of people for the sake of that one, savior person, in Asian countries (as far as I'm aware) it's not. In there they go 'it's alright to sacrifice that one person for the sake of thousands or millions of people'. I feel like that is the case in Yhwach versus everybody else. At least on some level. Which actually makes this both sad and very interesting to watch. After all, when you start to think things there really won't be winners in the end yet at the same time it's still very interesting to watch and see how things will turn out in the end. After all, like it was mentioned in the episode and implied, some sacrifices must be made for the peace and we can then decide if it was worth it or not or at least okay.

If not anything else, it'll be an interesting ride, because man! The fight between Yhwach and Ichigo was cool. The animation was beautiful and the fact Ichigo represented the sun while Yhwach represented the moon/darkness was cool, yet both were equally bright in their own ways until the very end when the fight brought them back to Soul King's palace. As a side note, anyone who has to fix Soul King's realm afterward...that person will have lots of fixing to do.

Only when the fight did go back to Soul King's own palace, things took a dark run. The fact the palette turned darker and then red to represent blood and the fact that 'this is serious, things WILL go downhill' gave the weight of things. Especially when Ichigo finished Yhwach's 'job'. I suppose Ichigo never learned when someone is pierced by something and it's on them, you don't take it out from them. After all, the moment you do (even in real life!) the blood starts to move and you'll bleed to your death...so while Soul King didn't bleed to his death, Ichigo all but sealed the deal by taking Yhwach's sword from him.

The whole monologue of Yhwach needing Ichigo to kill Soul King made me wonder if Yhwach knew about Ichigo's unique heritage and if he was the true mastermind behind that all, instead of Aizen? After all, it has been said Aizen all but created Ichigo by seemingly random events, but maybe the true puppet master even behind those events was somehow Yhwach? I don't know, my brain kind of shut at that point. After all, I had been thinking a lot of philosophical questions up until that point. Not to mention the fact the three worlds could feel the tremors, yet the Human World was seemingly mostly okay with that felt just...weird. I get it, the place takes in a fictional Japanese town where earthquakes are probably the norm, but come on. If even the shinigami at Soul Society were all 'hmm, these aren't normal earthquakes', I'm preetty sure the humans would think the same? But I suppose just showing Ichigo's friends briefly worrying about that and he was enough of that topic.

Other points I want to make, but are kind of jumbled: Nanao asking the smart, hard questions was nice.

Did Ukitake ditch Kenpachi's healing after a certain point or what? Because at first we saw him healing Kenpachi, but then at the end of the episode we saw him with everybody else at R&D. He could have potentially healed Kenpachi fully by that point (because certain time had passed), but when we saw him healing Kenpachi at least to me it appeared like Kenpachi needed a bit more healing than a little bit. Which made me wonder where Isane is? Maybe she was busy healing someone else. Also, yay for Ukitake taking a bit of Unohana's role in this episode -at least when comes to healing.

Lol at Soi Fon's bar of people surviving as basically 'if Omaeda can survive, then anyone can survive'.

It was very cool Yoruichi had some action in this episode because it just felt weird Ichigo dragged her, Orihime, Chad, and Ganju all the way to Soul King's palace, yet most of the time they just sat there and watched Ichigo fight. I was waiting for the whole episode for them to break up into commenting on Ichigo's fight against Yhwach. So, it's a good thing that at least Yoruichi joined the fight and Orihime was a supporter. Good for you ladies, good for you!
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
Oct 12, 12:49 PM
Mar 2018
I'll start by saying, this was an amazing Bleach episode. The Bleach part is important — I think a lot of the polarisation in how people perceive the new seasons is due to comparing apples to oranges.

The animation was objectively great. Crisp, clean, detailed but not overdone. It showed off some key moves, set the tone, established powers and weaknesses. It did its job very well in releasing some of the pressure that had been building up since the cliffhanger last season.

Is it fanservice? Somewhat, but it was necessary. And it wasn't just fanservice. It played a constructive plot role: we've established Yhwach has outclassed everyone so badly, including Ichigo, that he could afford to play with his food. THAT's why he didn't use his eyes from the start. It gets boring knowing the future all the time. A fair battle with Ichigo was enjoyable to him. The fact he ended up using his eyes to win is a sign of how much Ichigo has grown.

That said, as much as this was a great Bleach episode, it had the usual weaknesses of Bleach as whole. Most characters sat there doing nothing — only Inoue contributed something tangible, by healing Ichigo, and even then it didn't really change anything. Everyone at Seiretei is just looking busy and doing unexplained things until the plot calls for them. There are too many cooks in this story and Kubo can only focus on a couple at a time, which makes pacing stretched.

Some people have pointed out other nonsense — if Ichigo was the only way to kill the Soul King (and surely a few others knew about it?) why did they allow him to be there? Even encouraged it? Maybe Ichibei wanted the Soul King to die? Why didn't Ichigo use his Bankai? And such other questions, which likely will go unanswered.

And then there's the dialogue and general story progression of the episode. Not the worst as far as action anime goes, but it did feel like I heard "I can see the future" a few times too many, and alas it never really sunk in for Ichigo. He never changed his approach. And now it's too late.

But whatever, I'm not watching Bleach for the writing, the dialogue, the character depth. I'm watching it for fun, for the action, for the cool visuals. If there's one thing Kubo does well and this adaptation is recreating just as well is creating a cool, distinctive supernatural battle setting. There's a reason so many later authors and artists have taken inspiration from him. So, to the haters, my suggestion is to either turn off your critical thinking for a bit and enjoy the ride, or just go away. Otherwise you're in for unlimited frustration.
Oct 12, 1:01 PM
Jun 2020
love the new lore.
Oct 12, 1:13 PM

May 2012
I got chills. What an amazing episode. The way this differentiates from the manga is quite wild.
Oct 12, 1:17 PM
Mar 2022
dragoncapsule505 said:

Rukimid is irrelevant after SS arc.
Oct 12, 1:37 PM
Oct 2022
What an epic battle it was! Clearly Ichigo advanced a lot and now he is a legend. But Yhwach is a worthy opponent and I wonder if he really planned to end the Soul Society? Ichigo wouldn’t let him do that.

The animation is so freaking good, I love it. They made a great job airing this new TYBW sequel!
Oct 12, 1:42 PM
Feb 2015
Man… This episode was crazy
Oct 12, 1:56 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to yasm
I'll start by saying, this was an amazing Bleach episode. The Bleach part is important — I think a lot of the polarisation in how people perceive the new seasons is due to comparing apples to oranges.

The animation was objectively great. Crisp, clean, detailed but not overdone. It showed off some key moves, set the tone, established powers and weaknesses. It did its job very well in releasing some of the pressure that had been building up since the cliffhanger last season.

Is it fanservice? Somewhat, but it was necessary. And it wasn't just fanservice. It played a constructive plot role: we've established Yhwach has outclassed everyone so badly, including Ichigo, that he could afford to play with his food. THAT's why he didn't use his eyes from the start. It gets boring knowing the future all the time. A fair battle with Ichigo was enjoyable to him. The fact he ended up using his eyes to win is a sign of how much Ichigo has grown.

That said, as much as this was a great Bleach episode, it had the usual weaknesses of Bleach as whole. Most characters sat there doing nothing — only Inoue contributed something tangible, by healing Ichigo, and even then it didn't really change anything. Everyone at Seiretei is just looking busy and doing unexplained things until the plot calls for them. There are too many cooks in this story and Kubo can only focus on a couple at a time, which makes pacing stretched.

Some people have pointed out other nonsense — if Ichigo was the only way to kill the Soul King (and surely a few others knew about it?) why did they allow him to be there? Even encouraged it? Maybe Ichibei wanted the Soul King to die? Why didn't Ichigo use his Bankai? And such other questions, which likely will go unanswered.

And then there's the dialogue and general story progression of the episode. Not the worst as far as action anime goes, but it did feel like I heard "I can see the future" a few times too many, and alas it never really sunk in for Ichigo. He never changed his approach. And now it's too late.

But whatever, I'm not watching Bleach for the writing, the dialogue, the character depth. I'm watching it for fun, for the action, for the cool visuals. If there's one thing Kubo does well and this adaptation is recreating just as well is creating a cool, distinctive supernatural battle setting. There's a reason so many later authors and artists have taken inspiration from him. So, to the haters, my suggestion is to either turn off your critical thinking for a bit and enjoy the ride, or just go away. Otherwise you're in for unlimited frustration.
@yasm "But whatever, I'm not watching Bleach for the writing, the dialogue, the character depth. I'm watching it for fun, for the action, for the cool visuals." Ah, a classic. "How do you do, fellow Bleach fans!" This is a surefire way to out yourself as a layman speedreader, and it'll become evident once you read my second paragraph. There's a reason Kubo is the most influential shounen magaka post-Dragon Ball and it isn't just because of his sense of style/aesthetics and power designs. Character and story framework as well as thematic character writing are pretty obvious to apprehend from them if you actually understand Bleach. It's obvious which of the "Big 3" the modern shounen landscape resembles most today not just in how they look but how the pages read and move as well. Of course, these new mangaka attempt to replicate their inspiration to varying degrees of quality.

And this guy really just asked why Ichigo—one of the most powerful characters to ever exist in the series at this point—was allowed into the Soul Palace while Quincies were marching towards the lynchpin of the universe to rewrite the world order while massacring the Royal Guards on their way. And where are you getting this notion that Ichigo is the only one who can kill the Soul King? Yhwach made Ichigo land the finishing blow because it's prophetic and poetic. He effortlessly impaled him himself in the previous episode. If you still aren't convinced then the next episode should make it perfectly clear that Yhwach has the means to do it himself. You see, this is what I mean by you being a speedreader. In this case, someone who turns his brain off and just consumes the flashing lights without taking in the actual narrative because it turns out Kubo hates spoonfeeding his audience and treating them like meatheads (unlike other shounen). One needs to comprehend visual storytelling and subtle context clues to properly grasp Bleach because Kubo uses literary techniques such as symbolism, allegory and especially subtext a lot while taking inspiration from actual art beyond the animanga ouroboros, such as philosophy, literature and music. This is not a light novel or your standard shounen where everything can be read just from the dialogue. Bleach is Kubo's art-piece. The average animanga consumer will enjoy this series because it excels even on the surface level, but he won't completely pick up on the deceptive amount of depth underneath (especially not on the first read) for the aforementioned reasons.

"But why didn't he use his Bankai at least?" His Bankai is so powerful it would've probably destroyed the entire palace just from clashing with Yhwach lol, which is the thing he's precisely trying to avoid here. If you've read the manga then you'd know this.

"Some people have pointed out" I know who you're referencing here and I wouldn't take him seriously, he's a notorious Re:Z*ro-tard who was making the same awful attempts at critique during Frieren as well.
-za-Oct 12, 2:34 PM
Oct 12, 1:56 PM
Nov 2021
Does anyone maybe know what background music they used in this episode whille the fight of Ichigo and Yhwach? If anyone could help me with this or knows i would greatly appreciate it. Because its different than the others that were used before in other fights.
Oct 12, 2:02 PM
Oct 2022
Bleach is finally baaaack!!!!
Oct 12, 2:11 PM
Feb 2021
They little fixed the biggest problem of the arc in the manga, this is the best anime episode of the last 10 years probably, fuck AOT and the Gear 5
Oct 12, 2:37 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to -za-
@yasm "But whatever, I'm not watching Bleach for the writing, the dialogue, the character depth. I'm watching it for fun, for the action, for the cool visuals." Ah, a classic. "How do you do, fellow Bleach fans!" This is a surefire way to out yourself as a layman speedreader, and it'll become evident once you read my second paragraph. There's a reason Kubo is the most influential shounen magaka post-Dragon Ball and it isn't just because of his sense of style/aesthetics and power designs. Character and story framework as well as thematic character writing are pretty obvious to apprehend from them if you actually understand Bleach. It's obvious which of the "Big 3" the modern shounen landscape resembles most today not just in how they look but how the pages read and move as well. Of course, these new mangaka attempt to replicate their inspiration to varying degrees of quality.

And this guy really just asked why Ichigo—one of the most powerful characters to ever exist in the series at this point—was allowed into the Soul Palace while Quincies were marching towards the lynchpin of the universe to rewrite the world order while massacring the Royal Guards on their way. And where are you getting this notion that Ichigo is the only one who can kill the Soul King? Yhwach made Ichigo land the finishing blow because it's prophetic and poetic. He effortlessly impaled him himself in the previous episode. If you still aren't convinced then the next episode should make it perfectly clear that Yhwach has the means to do it himself. You see, this is what I mean by you being a speedreader. In this case, someone who turns his brain off and just consumes the flashing lights without taking in the actual narrative because it turns out Kubo hates spoonfeeding his audience and treating them like meatheads (unlike other shounen). One needs to comprehend visual storytelling and subtle context clues to properly grasp Bleach because Kubo uses literary techniques such as symbolism, allegory and especially subtext a lot while taking inspiration from actual art beyond the animanga ouroboros, such as philosophy, literature and music. This is not a light novel or your standard shounen where everything can be read just from the dialogue. Bleach is Kubo's art-piece. The average animanga consumer will enjoy this series because it excels even on the surface level, but he won't completely pick up on the deceptive amount of depth underneath (especially not on the first read) for the aforementioned reasons.

"But why didn't he use his Bankai at least?" His Bankai is so powerful it would've probably destroyed the entire palace just from clashing with Yhwach lol, which is the thing he's precisely trying to avoid here. If you've read the manga then you'd know this.

"Some people have pointed out" I know who you're referencing here and I wouldn't take him seriously, he's a notorious Re:Z*ro-tard who was making the same awful attempts at critique during Frieren as well.
@-za- let's have some fun. I'll take the bait.

"How do you do, fellow Bleach fans!" This is a surefire way to out yourself as a layman speedreader, and it'll become evident once you read my second paragraph.

I never said I'm a Bleach fan. I'm just having fun seeing the conclusion of an anime I sorta kinda liked when I was a teen. I think I read parts of the manga at some point, but it's been so long my memory's fuzzy — I didn't even know this arc existed until it started getting animated. So yeah, I'm absolutely not a Bleach expert, and I never pretended to be one. Don't make assumptions about what people are or want to be.

And this guy really just asked why Ichigo—one of the most powerful characters to ever exist in the series at this point—was allowed into the Soul Palace while Quincies were marching towards the lynchpin of the universe to rewrite the world order while massacring the Royal Guards on their way. And where are you getting this notion that Ichigo is the only one who can kill the Soul King? Yhwach made Ichigo land the finishing blow because it's prophetic, poetic and symbolic. He literally impaled him the previous episode.

Yhwach literally said "To completely break the Soul King's seal, I needed someone who possessed the powers of Quincies, humans, Soul Reapers, Fullbringers, and Hollows... I needed you, who possessed all of them." Which literally means Yhwach couldn't have done it without Ichigo. Who's the speedreader, here? Maybe this was different in the manga.

In this case, someone who turns his brain off and just consumes the flashing lights without taking in the actual narrative because it turns out Kubo hates spoonfeeding his audience and treating them like meatheads unlike other shounen.

LOL. Maybe you're just trolling. Sorry for feeding you.

"But why didn't he use his Bankai at least?" His Bankai is so powerful it would've probably destroyed the entire palace just from clashing with Yhwach lol, which is the thing he's precisely trying to avoid here.

Ah, right, the "I'm so powerful now I actually can't use my powers Deus Ex Machina". Truly a sign of great writing. Very clever.

If you've read the manga then you'd know this.

LOLOLOL. I guess it's a given that people watching Bleach nowadays have read the manga? I like going in spoiler-free, thank you very much.

Not sure we are referring to the same guy, I saw a couple making some good points, though I don't entirely agree with them. I actually sympathise with you on the Re:Z fans, I watch that too but I don't get why some people think it's such a masterpiece, and will lash out at actually great works like Frieren.
Oct 12, 2:47 PM
Mar 2022
I used to be blinded by bias but this really was a 10/10 episode.

"You said it yourself. You put everything you have on those scales of yours.
Because if you merely followed others, while being lost and adrift yourself...
without ever truly weighing your decisions and consequences... then you just may come to regret everything."
Oct 12, 2:49 PM

Jul 2023
The fight was good, a bit shorter of what I expected, but still fun. But the best thing of the episode was no doubt the death of the Soul king (we even got his name!) and the atmosphere of anguish as the three worlds start to collapse after the lynchpin dies. I liked it more than in the manga. It's also nice having Yhwach's motivation revealed this early since in the manga it comes at the very end of the series.
Oct 12, 2:50 PM
May 2024
Everything About this episode was perfect not even bluffing the compostion the color choice the animation the osts everything this will go down as one of the most if not the most generational run in anime for a long while
Oct 12, 2:55 PM

Jul 2024
I'm all for Ichigo getting more action, even if it's a tiny bit fanservice. We barely saw him fight in the manga with his true power so I'm not going to complain about him fighting more
Oct 12, 3:00 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to yasm
@-za- let's have some fun. I'll take the bait.

"How do you do, fellow Bleach fans!" This is a surefire way to out yourself as a layman speedreader, and it'll become evident once you read my second paragraph.

I never said I'm a Bleach fan. I'm just having fun seeing the conclusion of an anime I sorta kinda liked when I was a teen. I think I read parts of the manga at some point, but it's been so long my memory's fuzzy — I didn't even know this arc existed until it started getting animated. So yeah, I'm absolutely not a Bleach expert, and I never pretended to be one. Don't make assumptions about what people are or want to be.

And this guy really just asked why Ichigo—one of the most powerful characters to ever exist in the series at this point—was allowed into the Soul Palace while Quincies were marching towards the lynchpin of the universe to rewrite the world order while massacring the Royal Guards on their way. And where are you getting this notion that Ichigo is the only one who can kill the Soul King? Yhwach made Ichigo land the finishing blow because it's prophetic, poetic and symbolic. He literally impaled him the previous episode.

Yhwach literally said "To completely break the Soul King's seal, I needed someone who possessed the powers of Quincies, humans, Soul Reapers, Fullbringers, and Hollows... I needed you, who possessed all of them." Which literally means Yhwach couldn't have done it without Ichigo. Who's the speedreader, here? Maybe this was different in the manga.

In this case, someone who turns his brain off and just consumes the flashing lights without taking in the actual narrative because it turns out Kubo hates spoonfeeding his audience and treating them like meatheads unlike other shounen.

LOL. Maybe you're just trolling. Sorry for feeding you.

"But why didn't he use his Bankai at least?" His Bankai is so powerful it would've probably destroyed the entire palace just from clashing with Yhwach lol, which is the thing he's precisely trying to avoid here.

Ah, right, the "I'm so powerful now I actually can't use my powers Deus Ex Machina". Truly a sign of great writing. Very clever.

If you've read the manga then you'd know this.

LOLOLOL. I guess it's a given that people watching Bleach nowadays have read the manga? I like going in spoiler-free, thank you very much.

Not sure we are referring to the same guy, I saw a couple making some good points, though I don't entirely agree with them. I actually sympathise with you on the Re:Z fans, I watch that too but I don't get why some people think it's such a masterpiece, and will lash out at actually great works like Frieren.
@yasm A lot of words to say so little here. Let's address the meat of your argument:

yasm said:
And what is keeping Ichigo away from the Soul Palace going to achieve for the Shinigami besides stalling their inevitable fate? Also, you do realize Ichigo was essentially playing a game of cat and mouse, right? He hurried DOWN from the Soul Palace to the Seireitei after his royal training during the Sternritter's second invasion, then once he finally arrived he found out that Yhwach was already on his way UP to the Soul Palace. Once Ichigo caught up again, Yhwach had already slaughtered the Zero Division. This was the plan by Yhwach and Ichigo got baited. So who's the speedreader? You don't even remember the chronology of events going on.

yasm said:
Ichigo isn't retarded. Why do you want him to destroy the place and people he's trying to protect lol? I don't think you know what a deus ex machina is either. The """critics""" of Bleach sure do love abusing this term because they think the latin makes them sound smart, lol.
-za-Oct 12, 3:05 PM
Oct 12, 3:08 PM
Oct 2020
OMG ok we actually got the soul king name drop. His name is Adnyeus. What's even crazier is that someone on Reddit actually predicted this.

Also Yhwach really pulled another Aizen with the I planned foresaw your entire existence

Honestly though wouldn't it be funny if Orihime then just casually fixes the Soul King with her broken powers?

Yhwach: Wtf I didn't see this happen. Where did this bread girl come from.
RexnihiloOct 12, 3:12 PM
Oct 12, 3:13 PM
Mar 2022
Probably the best Episode in Bleach history as of now, the team at Pierrot truly outdid themselves this episode !
Oct 12, 3:15 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to -za-
@yasm A lot of words to say so little here. Let's address the meat of your argument:

yasm said:
And what is keeping Ichigo away from the Soul Palace going to achieve for the Shinigami besides stalling their inevitable fate? Also, you do realize Ichigo was essentially playing a game of cat and mouse, right? He hurried DOWN from the Soul Palace to the Seireitei after his royal training during the Sternritter's second invasion, then once he finally arrived he found out that Yhwach was already on his way UP to the Soul Palace. Once Ichigo caught up again, Yhwach had already slaughtered the Zero Division. This was the plan by Yhwach and Ichigo got baited. So who's the speedreader? You don't even remember the chronology of events going on.

yasm said:
Ichigo isn't retarded. Why do you want him to destroy the place and people he's trying to protect lol? I don't think you know what a deus ex machina is either. The """critics""" of Bleach sure do love abusing this term because they think the latin makes them sound smart, lol.
@-za- ok, so you're not even remotely trying to sound reasonable, now. Go touch grass, do something else with all that inner rage. I'm gone.
Oct 12, 3:16 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to yasm
@-za- ok, so you're not even remotely trying to sound reasonable, now. Go touch grass, do something else with all that inner rage. I'm gone.
@yasm I accept your concession. Off you go now.
Oct 12, 3:22 PM
Nov 2019
Yhwach may be reaching Aizen levels of manipulation here. “I foresaw it” is the new “all according to my plan”.

My only question is where the hell Uryu and the others went.
Oct 12, 3:24 PM

Aug 2008
I need to watch again some fights from SS arc, because I'm not sure if I was just young and haven't seen much anime, or were fights in Bleach always kind of crap. Swirling light trails are the most noticeable sign of poor fight choreography. Fighting in the air where strikes barely carry any weigh and should be cushioned by, you know, moving in the air is another bad trope. Dust clouds appearing for no reason as well. I guess you can count on rule of cool to partially cover it but with a garbage antagonist like yuhawahahaha, who already saw everything and just had to stroll to the goal, it's impossible to be invested in any way to consider it cool.

As a side note, it's almost hilarious what a worthless side character Chad is at this point. IIRC he played some role in the beginning but for the most of the series you could wonder what even was the point of that character. He's as meaningless as Orihime's crush on Ichigo.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 12, 3:30 PM
Aug 2021
PEAK FICTION PERFECT ADAPTATION !
Oct 12, 3:45 PM

Jan 2019
Reply to Antanaru
I need to watch again some fights from SS arc, because I'm not sure if I was just young and haven't seen much anime, or were fights in Bleach always kind of crap. Swirling light trails are the most noticeable sign of poor fight choreography. Fighting in the air where strikes barely carry any weigh and should be cushioned by, you know, moving in the air is another bad trope. Dust clouds appearing for no reason as well. I guess you can count on rule of cool to partially cover it but with a garbage antagonist like yuhawahahaha, who already saw everything and just had to stroll to the goal, it's impossible to be invested in any way to consider it cool.

As a side note, it's almost hilarious what a worthless side character Chad is at this point. IIRC he played some role in the beginning but for the most of the series you could wonder what even was the point of that character. He's as meaningless as Orihime's crush on Ichigo.
@Antanaru but when Dragon Ball does it, no one says anything bad... lol
If you want choreography maybe you'll like the Schutzstaffel fights, like Shunsui and Nanao vs Lille... or maybe not since I figured out you're already watching it just to say it's garbage week after week.

And Chad has zero chance against the Schutzstaffel, hence why he's not fighting, aside from being Ichigo's best friend, he has some sort of connection to the Soul Society since he fought here before to rescue Rukia, that's why he is here along with the crew, he knows all of these captains and lieutenants, he knows Nel (Yhwach attacked the Hueco Mundo as well), he cares basically, it's just that he's not strong enough.

If Kubo gives Chad a power-up in the anime, people would probably complain saying it feels forced as they're already complaining about Uryuu "defeating" Senjumaru.
neffst3rOct 12, 3:53 PM
Oct 12, 3:49 PM
Jul 2021
Dear god..what an episode
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Where to watch

TheJergonDragon - Yesterday

10 by LowTierNiga »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » What did you think of the fight from episode 2?

Ba-Cii10 - Oct 13

40 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

» Yhwach or aizen

LaFlame77 - Yesterday

6 by Gator »»
7 hours ago

» Daddy Issues

dragynfaerie - Oct 12

24 by abunchogasdf »»
Yesterday, 8:08 PM

» Episode 3 (29) "The Dark Arm" Preview images and staff

18927 - Yesterday

9 by Raion98 »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.