Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 5:00 PM

Aug 2017
Didn't like the show much from the get go. Glad I don't have to watch it anymore.

2/10
Sep 19, 5:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
While most of the finale I don’t think was the best of the show, the last quarter of the episode was the absolute bee’s knees, that right there was the good shit. Yeah the drama did seem a bit random, like at first Nanakura was happy about the movie getting attention, but then all the sudden it’s about choosing her career or love of her life, and I get that if she goes down this path she won’t be as close to Eiji as she wants, but by no means does she have to pick one or the other, they could be together whether she pursues this or not, yeah it makes things a bit more difficult but I know these two are tight enough to power through that.

Thankfully tho, this did not sour the ending in the slightest, we not only got the confession they skipped but also that amazing time skip, and seeing the confession for the first time here at the finale, I think I like it placed here, it definitely hit harder this way and really enhanced that kiss. And man the two of them as working adults was a sight to behold, it is a mix of love and sadness tho as you wish these two could always be high schoolers goofing around, but then you see them as adults and it shatters that lol, but really this was a great scene and I love that they’re the same as always even after all that time, Nanakura is still doing the harem bit and Eiji’s reactions are priceless, and now they’re getting married, all is right in the world now. And the after credits bit with the wedding reception was a cute place to end on, it might be the end for us but it’s the beginning of a story for them.

And that was the not-harem anime, this was absolute pure sugar from start to finish, like people joked every week, I think I have diabetes lol. Man it was such a good time watching Eiji and Nanakura’s shenanigans every week, I really enjoyed the SoL and comedy as much as the romance, it was all so good and made for an amazing show, and it wasn’t just thanks to the main couple, the side characters were part of why this journey was so fun as well, I especially like Ayaka and Kiri. And it really is something to see things go beyond high school in a school romance anime, and imo it didn’t feel rushed at all, it felt like a natural transition and this part of the show was just as fun as the school bits, it never really lost me. And it may not have had the best production ever, but I think Nomad did a great job, it was just enough for what the show needed. And that OP and ED were both catchy and fun, very fitting and great jams, they’re definitely among my favorites this season just like this show is, and not only that but it’s also one of my favorite romances in this season filled with them, I’m gonna miss it a lot, it’s a shame there won’t be a Season 2 because this is a complete adaptation but this will certainly get the rewatch one day, and it will be glorious lol.
Sep 19, 5:12 PM

Jan 2024
Couldn't have asked anything more...
Absolute masterpiece of an ending.
So happy😭😭

Studio Nomad I owe an apology for ever doubting you.. they adopted missing chapaters during confession also gave the wedding... Great adaptation of such a wonderful source material so grateful.

10/10
It's in my top5 favourite romcoms for sure.

Idk if this is generic or what this was the most beautiful thing I have watched for a while. The story is simple and wishful and that's what makes it so so good.

Rin & Eiji are the cutest couple I have ever seen

Rin from the start has been an literally greatest girl and huge credit to Hayami Sayori for her godly performance.
Eiji has came a long way throughout the course of 12 episodes. His development had been great.
I am gonna miss them so muchπŸ₯²

For the last time..
Rin & Eiji acting their past was so cute. Intresting bits which wasn't shown originally.
The success of the short film helped Rin get the recognition SHE FUCKING DESERVES. Rin naturally doesn't want to abandon Eiji to go chase her dreams. Those flashback that confession was super wholesome..
But then Eiji was there to assure he will work hard to become a famous set designer so he can catch up to her eventually.
That helped Rin to make decision to be an actress. As both promised to fullfill their targets until then Eiji will hold on to his dreams.

After years they finally reunites as both have been successful in their fields.
So Eiji finally asked Rin to fullfill his dream..to marry him.
Rin has won her battle and both in life.

Smiling and cried in joy to the entirety. What an experience.

Congratulations Rin & Eiji
"You two are perfect for eachother"
"Yes we are"
♥️
WaterMageSep 19, 9:15 PM
Sep 19, 5:24 PM

Aug 2010
That was a nice ending to wrap up this anime. I am going to miss Rin and her beloved senpai's interactions.

Also happy we finally see the confession :")
Sep 19, 5:34 PM

Jul 2024
Really cute last episode. It was odd how they placed the confession that should've been shown episodes ago, but it's a minor complaint
Sep 19, 5:48 PM
Jul 2024
Well, outside of Tonikawa & Horimiya I don't think I've seen a Rom Com as complete as this one. Not perfect, no. But definitely CUTE. And needs a Diabetes warning!
Sep 19, 5:53 PM

Nov 2023
I enjoyed the finale. Overall, I found it to be sweet, and I love the dynamic between Eiji and Rin.

I'm glad that it was able to completely cover the manga. A real one-and-done kind of anime.
Sep 19, 6:21 PM
May 2017
Excellent, both the ending episode and the series!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 19, 6:36 PM
Jul 2022
Finally the confesion and kiss, its over
Sep 19, 7:29 PM
May 2023
I really love this anime so much! So sad that it has to end.
Sep 19, 7:44 PM
Mar 2015
And they all lived happily ever after because they got to liv their dreams
Sep 19, 8:13 PM
Mar 2022
MegamiRem said:
IzanaSolos said:
But at least in the manga shit like, I don't know, A FUCKING CONFESSION OR THE FIRST KISS WASN'T CENSORED??? Like do you realize how stupid that sounds... a romcom censoring romcom things.. smh.
They showed the confession this episode though.

LordCrueltyV said:
Tying it up like that pretty much means no more seasons.
They covered the entire manga so the story is concluded.

did they skip any chapters?
Sep 19, 8:18 PM
Aug 2024
Not going to lie- going into this having just finished Failure Frame so I really need something light hearted right now Onto the show

(Sorry in advance for rambling; I'm writing this as I watch the episode so this is my live reactions)

Eiji back in a high school uniform, must be a surreal moment for him.

Aw, they're really enjoying the nostalgia of being together again; and they're enjoying their banter once again

Oh, it's those weird black bars around the picture; is this the short movie they've been talking about?

Eiji, I know your pain- my handwriting is so bad it should be called handwronging

"Its occurring to me that this film might be totally embarrassing for me" - If this were the Crunchyroll comments, right about now someone would say something along the lines of "I think that's why they picked this project in the first place"

"That's a relief, he's not that weird" - and where have you been for the last 11 episodes, lol

300,000 yen? Who charges $2105.79 for a DVD?

Ah, cat ears on the cute female lead character; classic anime trope

No way... he said it! He said the title!

Well, they finally kissed; and with only 5 and a half minutes left in the episode. Well, slight improvement over the traditional "wait until the literal last minute"

Aw, they still do their shtick even after growing up

"All right, show's over! Everybody go home!" Considering the episode is almost over this joke can be read on two levels, lol

How sweet; the reception is in the school that brought them together

Man, what a great conclusion to the series. Well, no chance of a season 2, but the story we got was fantastic. To be honest I took a chance on this title; I only picked it up because the premise sounded amusing, and I'm glad I did. Well, that's one more Summer 2024 show wrapped up, onto the next one
Sep 19, 8:45 PM
Jul 2020
I absolutely loved this show. Just a short and cute romance . Watching it weekly has been an absolute joy for me. Unexpected hidden gem dare i say
Sep 19, 8:47 PM
Jan 2024
Que mundo tan caótico tenemos por estos días, no lo creen??
Probablemente haya series y películas que crean nuevos mundos, que los llevan más allá de la imaginación que alguna vez podríamos tener.
Pero, al levantar la vista de la pantalla la realidad está ahí. Intimidante, solemne, eterna.
Por segundos, los minutos de estos 12 capítulos soñamos sin levantar los pies del suelo, algo que podría pasar. Algo que quizás en otros universos pasó.
Probablemente el manga lo trata con más calma, probablemente para algunos precaria de simple. En estos momentos tan caoticos, el sentir de algo simple acaba por inflar para que quizás en esta vida o en las sucesivas la vida se parezca más a una romcom que distopia.

(I know, i know. So tired right now to try write in English, but the feeling still there)
Sep 19, 9:39 PM

Jun 2015
just CRYING the whole time... too short, way too short...
but despite being such a short series, Giji Harem really delivered a cute and wholesome romance with a very fulfilling ending.

really enjoyed it as one of my romcom trio this season.
Sep 19, 9:46 PM

May 2019
I thought that this final episode was pretty good overall and they actually showed a kiss for once. Also, I liked how both Rin and Eiji worked out a solution so that Rin wouldn't have to sacrifice her career to stay in a relationship with Eiji. Having said that I don't see why she couldn't have just continued studying drama while being at the same university with Eiji and then looked for another opportunity although I understand that opportunities can be rare especially when an agency makes contact.

Anyway, regarding the series as a whole, I liked Rin's character design and her different personalities/characters that she used and also her reactions were entertaining to watch. While the storyline was a bit slow at times, and the animation was average, I liked that this series had a legitimate conclusion with the main couple getting married.

7/10
Sep 19, 9:52 PM
Apr 2024
I like EP12 so much this is probably Best anime summer for me πŸ˜„ while have Roshidere and Makeine πŸ—ΏπŸ™‚
Sep 19, 9:59 PM
Feb 2022
IzanaSolos said:
Just like the manga, I did feel like the latter half of this was weak and how stupid this drama was.. I mean that final scene legit just highlighted that fact lol.

But at least in the manga shit like, I don't know, A FUCKING CONFESSION OR THE FIRST KISS WASN'T CENSORED??? Like do you realize how stupid that sounds... a romcom censoring romcom things.. smh.

Don't bother watching this, the manga is leagues better. For what it was though, it was a fun watch, I guess. There are better romances that aired just today that are worth more your time.

really omg what are they doing then
Sep 19, 10:04 PM
Mar 2021
Essa obra prometeu tudo e entregou o que prometeu....
Foi realmente divertido acompanhar uma trama tão leve, fazia tempo que não via um romance que realmente tem ROMANCE LOL
No entanto, esse drama do final forçou um pouco a realidade, extrapolou um pouco no que se diz à simplicidade da obra, mas o foco do anime não é o realismo então não vejo muitos problemas.

Porem mesmo os dois se entrelaçando no final, eu senti um sentimento de final aberto, ou isso é so meu emocional solitário falando mais alto... lol
Baka_GodSep 19, 10:19 PM
Sep 19, 10:31 PM
Jul 2024
IzanaSolos said:
Just like the manga, I did feel like the latter half of this was weak and how stupid this drama was.. I mean that final scene legit just highlighted that fact lol.

Don't bother watching this, the manga is leagues better. For what it was though, it was a fun watch, I guess. There are better romances that aired just today that are worth more your time.

They were NOT censored dude wtf are you smoking
Sep 20, 12:02 AM
Oct 2019
Here we go!!
There it is, the confession scene and the kissing scene for the Finale.

Satisfying ending for Rin and Eiji lovestory.
Nobuhiko Okamoto and Saori Hayami performance was absolutely amazing, their chemistry is just perfect.

8/10 i have a lot of fun, smile a lot and feel happy watching this Anime every single week.
Romcom fans eating good this season with Alya and Makeine as well.
Sep 20, 12:49 AM
Aug 2022
Confession & kissing scenes at last.
How did you all rate this anime?
Sep 20, 1:01 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to A-lil-weeb-dog
MegamiRem said:
IzanaSolos said:
They showed the confession this episode though.

LordCrueltyV said:
Tying it up like that pretty much means no more seasons.
They covered the entire manga so the story is concluded.

did they skip any chapters?
@A-lil-weeb-dog Not sure it's been a few years since I read the manga.
Sep 20, 1:04 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to glasssmoon
IzanaSolos said:

They were NOT censored dude wtf are you smoking
@glasssmoon They skipped both the confession and their first kiss yes but the confession was atleast shown in the finale but the kiss wasn't. It's the kiss from when they were watching fireworks from Rin's room.
Sep 20, 1:58 AM
Nov 2020
it super awesome, I want see another anime like this
Sep 20, 2:03 AM
Jul 2024
ill be honest, this last episode was the one that made the anime 10/10. No hate but Pseudo harem was average and like other romance anime with a mild story line. Yea, it had a cool "feature" with her being the whole harem but it was barely getting brought up tbh. And the biggest con was that the kisses and confession was censored, like atleast let us see the second kiss.

But the only reason Pseudo harem was a 10/10 was bcuz of the 12th episode, it was top tier. The kiss wasnt censored and it had more vibes to is and I guess they showed the confession, but the second best part was definitely them getting married.
Sep 20, 2:20 AM
Feb 2021
The hell are you talking about. This is one of the best rom-coms I've ever seen. This is a must watch anime of this year. The last episode was a cherry on top of this masterpiece. Way better than quintuplets or nisekoi or Alya or any other trash overrated romance anime.
Sep 20, 2:33 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Very sweet! I love Rin's & Eiji's relationship all the way to the end! So happy for both of them that they got married at the end. And taking Rin's hand for marriage was the one thing that Eiji wanted to ask from Rin once he catches up to her.

I just love a fluffy romance anime like this where the couples end up together in the end for a true happy ending. So happy for both Rin & Eiji! The perfect end. I have never read its manga and I have no plans to do so. I'm already satisfied with this perfect ending. 10/10 from me, hands down! :')
Sep 20, 2:41 AM
Jul 2024
MegamiRem said:
@glasssmoon They skipped both the confession and their first kiss yes but the confession was atleast shown in the finale but the kiss wasn't. It's the kiss from when they were watching fireworks from Rin's room.

I mean, there is still a kiss, my point is that it isn't "cencoring."

They probably just wanted to keep both the confession and the kiss for the last episode so it "hit harder."

I don't think the dude at the start even watched the episode, because calling it "cencoring" is straight up dumb, when it's just a creative decision.
Sep 20, 3:10 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It wraps up so nicely but still leaves plenty of room to continue their story together. Am always down for a season finale that closes one chapter of a story while opening another. Definitely would love more, but what we got already I personally think was completely satisfactory.

8/10. Going to miss these guys, but imp-chan most of all. You know, Saori Hayami has many iconic voice acting roles. But after this, to me this is going to be her MOST iconic. The next time I hear her voice in an anime, I'm going to think about Rin first and foremost. What a best girl she is; maybe that's because she's pretty much ALL the girls lol

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Sep 20, 3:22 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to glasssmoon
MegamiRem said:

They probably just wanted to keep both the confession and the kiss for the last episode so it "hit harder."

I don't think the dude at the start even watched the episode, because calling it "cencoring" is straight up dumb, when it's just a creative decision.
glasssmoon said:

Yeah do agree with you there.
Sep 20, 3:44 AM
Jul 2015
I so don't like the ending and the superficial drama. The whole "they waited for each other for x years" is just so weird in a modern-day setting, I mean, even if you don't got to the same school or even if you live half a country apart, you can literally see each other and share so much of your day-to-day life thanks to tech that it doesn't even make sense, hell, you can even see each other in person on the weekends or day-offs, it's just so off to make that the drama and inflate it into "uuu wait for me for X years ill catch up".

It's kinda shame because the ending is the only bad part in an otherwise great moe.
Sep 20, 4:30 AM

Sep 2021
Yay! from 7.58 to 7.83 (as of now)

I'm really glad I didn't drop the series after the first 3 Episodes.
Sep 20, 4:46 AM

Jun 2023
Ahh a sweet ending for a sweet anime.
Sep 20, 6:17 AM
Jan 2020
@habib_kun @polnalyubvi @DragyG PEAK ROMANCE. LOVED IT TO BITS TILL THE VERY END. MY FAVORITE ANIME FROM THIS SEASON AFTER ROSHIDERE. 9.1/10.

GOSH, I'M GOING TO MISS THIS SO MUCH~ [insert crying emoji]

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE SO SHORT...
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Sep 20, 7:34 AM
Jul 2024
I think it's rare that the last episode of the show is the best but here we are. What a fantastic finale to a cute show.
Sep 20, 7:43 AM

May 2023
I'm happy with Rin's choice to pursue her dream of becoming an artist, and Eiji who pushed that dream to come true.

The conclusion was so beautiful finally knowing how they both confessed and got a kiss too, the ending was so amazing it ended with them getting married. (roshidere could never)
Sep 20, 9:13 AM
Apr 2022
I just feel happy for the two of them man. However simple the storyline may be, the fact they made it their strength and kept me smiling and giggling like a teenager through the anime, is more than enough for me.
Sep 20, 10:12 AM
Feb 2023
it's been a while since I watched a rom-com ending with a wedding, so refreshing. The idea was nice, having a number of personalities in one person. Certain scenes really did make me laugh, time to time. I would say that exaggeration isn't necessary so around 8 and 7 for score will be fine for me.
Sep 20, 10:13 AM
May 2020
died of diabetes from the sweetness this anime brought me gaah
Sep 20, 4:15 PM

Aug 2008
Tbh after the first couple episodes I thought I was going to drop this anime, just felt like random skits sewed together as if that would make up a plot. Ep 3 got me to stick around though, the couple advanced some and a story of their growing relationship was forming, started to get some enjoyment. The skits were fun and sweet. Wish got more of the little sister of Rin but the show was really focused on main couple. Final episode was a bit of a letdown for me though, it felt really rushed, the kiss, the sudden problem of her choosing between a career as an actress or her boyfriend (why did she have to pick one anyway? why couldn't she have both the whole time?) and the timeskip to reunion and wedding. Hard to get any emotion when so much squeezed into one episode.

While most of the episodes were fun I can't see myself ever rewatching this, don't think is strong enough to stick around in my memory.
Sep 20, 8:27 PM
Mar 2018
So we finally got to see the confession after they skipped it and flashed back to them skipping it before. Plus, an on-screen kiss.

Enjoyed it overall, though skipping the confession and cutting away from the kisses earlier on dampened the experience. Also, the drama seemed a bit dumb, as everyone already mentioned, and they really seemed to blaze through things.

Time skipping from their promise to them "finally" reuniting instantly on the job and getting engaged, then to their wedding made it lack impact. I think time skips can make sense if things change drastically and there's mystery in finding out what happened in the intervening time, but having them in a finale has never done it for me.
Sep 20, 10:46 PM
Sep 2022
great i love it :0 hehe
Sep 21, 1:15 AM
Sep 2022
I'm just happy right now :)
Sep 21, 4:19 AM
Sep 2020
I like the series and was my favorite of season till the last episode but I don't get the ending moments. So they didn't see much each other after Rin's graduation? She is waiting for him to catch, why and for what? A chat during filming then quickly get married. The last drama was unnecessary for me almost ruined all series.
kazziamSep 21, 4:33 AM
Sep 21, 6:06 AM
Oct 2020
Ok marriage time. Good final. Still I should probably read the manga.
Sep 21, 8:15 AM
Aug 2022
Ok am I the only one who doesn't really understand the drama from this episode? I went back and rewatched the scene where Rin was talking with her 2 friends on the balcony and it made it seem like her decision was between acting with an agency or going to school with Eiji, not between acting and staying with Eiji. Am I missing something? Is she that bummed out that she can't go to school with him or is there a no lovers rule with actors like with idols?

Quick note, I did really enjoy the show but this is the one thing that has me confused, it doesn't ruin the show for me or anything like that.
Sep 21, 9:55 AM
Jan 2024
I will miss this show
Sep 21, 10:16 AM
Nov 2020
( T _ T ) !!! ITS REALLY LOVELY
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FadesHandle - Sep 5

50 by KingNotSkilled »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 22

76 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

116 by KingNotSkilled »»
Today, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 8

85 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Aug 1

62 by KingNotSkilled »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.